Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Breaking Branches

• Start Topic

She uses her crudeness as a weapon under the guise of humor.

I think this comment is aimed at Brandi, but I think it applies to Lisa as well.  Lisa repeated Brandi's "pussy" comment with nary a blush.  I recall her also talking about her own "pussy", and something to the effect - she was made a man, but they forgot to give her a "cock".  That classy Lisa.

• Love 6

I think this comment is aimed at Brandi, but I think it applies to Lisa as well.  Lisa repeated Brandi's "pussy" comment with nary a blush.  I recall her also talking about her own "pussy", and something to the effect - she was made a man, but they forgot to give her a "cock".  That classy Lisa.

Lisa's naughty, sometimes crude sense of humor is not done at someone else's expense or comfort and I don't remember it ever being used to hurt someone and is used most often against herself, it is self deprecating humor most often.  Brandi on the other hand uses her to hurt others, embarrass others, humiliate an opponent and to make those around her uncomfortable and she rarely uses it in a self deprecating style but most often as a weapon against others.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9

Lisa makes jokes at other people's expense all the time.

It's been discussed a lot, but two examples off the top of my head: 1. Her poking Kyle about Portia being "the other woman," when Lisa clearly knew Mauricio and the cheating allegations were a sore subject. 2. In the S2 reunion, Taylor even pointed out that Lisa would always get in these little digs at her expense and then say how they weren't friends. She cited Lisa's "Giggy" twitter account as an example of Lisa getting in little digs at the other women while hiding behind the pretense of it being "Giggy" just joking around.

Lisa and Brandi were friends for a reason. They both know how to go for the jugular and hit people where it hurts them the most.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 10

Lisa repeated it to the table, then Lisa R was squawking, "Cunnilingus! Cunnilingus Yolanda! Cunnilingus!" on a loop in a loud voice.  It made me laugh.  And I think Eileen was surprised at how loudly that were talking about Cunnilingus! At Lunch! In a restaurant! But I like that she wasn't pearl clutching as another poster mentioned above.  She'd heard the term before, acknowledged that girlfriends would have snickered over it at lunch in quieter tones.  

• Love 3

I know all of these woman - the ones that have been on the show the longest - have issues with each other (and as Eileen or Lisa R or maybe both said they all have a point of view). I'm reading a lot of this happened, no this happened stuff. But since I didn't watch any prior seasons, my head spins trying to keep track of all the information. So for me, the old stuff doesn't mean much.

I prefer Lisa V just based on what I've seen so far and I really dislike Brandi. That's it. Not to say I don't find some of the Lisa V stuff ridiculous because I do, but overall I'd rather listen to her than Brandi. I find Brandi desperate, pointless and gross.

• Love 6

She uses her crudeness as a weapon under the guise of humor.

Did Kyle apologize for starting it? I could be wrong but at least on camera, she threw the first blow.

My original reference was Lisa's apologies for her disparaging Mauricio's business reputation.  That is the only thing she has apologized to Kyle about.  Why would Kyle apologize for starting it? 

Here is my thing-they re-aired Season 1 Episode 1-Lisa was the first with snarky little talking heads-so I guess Lisa started it.  Camille was mostly just full of herself, Kyle and Kim's issues were apparent, Taylor was none to thrilled with Kim and Kim was full of self-pity and fighting with Kyle.

These ladies have no idea what moving forward is all about.  As I said previously Lisa, who does not hold grudges is still steeping away over the "calculated" "Bobby Fisher" "preys on the weak" comments made by Kyle, Season 2.  It truly is time to move on.  I can't believe we are on Episode 8 and are still dinking around waiting to see if Lisa can move on with Brandi.  There has to be a middle and an end to their friendship.

• Love 2

Lisa makes jokes at other people's expense all the time.

It's been discussed a lot, but two examples off the top of my head: 1. Her poking Kyle about Portia being "the other woman," when Lisa clearly knew Mauricio and the cheating allegations were a sore subject. 2. In the S2 reunion, Taylor even pointed out that Lisa would always get in these little digs at her expense and then say how they weren't friends. She cited Lisa's "Giggy" twitter account as an example of Lisa getting in little digs at the other women while hiding behind the pretense of it being "Giggy" just joking around.

Lisa and Brandi were friends for a reason. They both know how to go for the jugular and hit people where it hurts them the most.

They have all made "jokes" at others expense, not just Lisa or even Brandi. Kyle has done, Kim has done it, Yolanda, Taylor, Camille and Adrienne as well as Joyce/Carlton/Marisa have all made jokes at someone else's expense. It is part of the reason why they are Bravo HWs! JS

My original reference was Lisa's apologies for her disparaging Mauricio's business reputation.  That is the only thing she has apologized to Kyle about.  Why would Kyle apologize for starting it? 

Here is my thing-they re-aired Season 1 Episode 1-Lisa was the first with snarky little talking heads-so I guess Lisa started it.  Camille was mostly just full of herself, Kyle and Kim's issues were apparent, Taylor was none to thrilled with Kim and Kim was full of self-pity and fighting with Kyle.

These ladies have no idea what moving forward is all about.  As I said previously Lisa, who does not hold grudges is still steeping away over the "calculated" "Bobby Fisher" "preys on the weak" comments made by Kyle, Season 2.  It truly is time to move on.  I can't believe we are on Episode 8 and are still dinking around waiting to see if Lisa can move on with Brandi.  There has to be a middle and an end to their friendship.

I don't think Lisa is holding a grudge against Kyle for those comments but their relationship changed because of them as it would most friendships in the real world. Last season, we had Brandi parroting Kyle, so it was Brandi that brought it up not Lisa. IMO, Lisa has moved on with Brandi, just not the way Brandi wants and it is not Brandi's decision to make, it is Lisa's.

• Love 2

Lisa's naughty, sometimes crude sense of humor is not done at someone else's expense or comfort and I don't remember it ever being used to hurt someone and is used most often against herself, it is self deprecating humor most often.  Brandi on the other hand uses her to hurt others, embarrass others, humiliate an opponent and to make those around her uncomfortable and she rarely uses it in a self deprecating style but most often as a weapon against others.

Hmmm, wasn't just a few episodes ago that Lisa said Adrienne appeared at the White Party "with a little bush ( Busch) between her legs"? I mean, isn't Lisa's story that she an Adrienne are "in a good place" now-- so, why take a crude swipe at her?  Then again, after Brandi made her own crude remark, wasn't it Lisa who ran over to repeat it to all of the ladies assembled for lunch?  Seemed to me she got a real charge out of saying it, and "telling" on Brandi. She also seemed to  enjoy getting a reaction from the other women --"Isn't Brandi awful?". Lisa is just as crude and mean.  IMO.

At least no animals were harmed in the Brandi-Lisa Col. Angus discussion. 

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 6

Hmmm, wasn't just a few episodes ago that Lisa said Adrienne appeared at the White Party "with a little bush ( Busch) between her legs"? I mean, isn't Lisa's story that she an Adrienne are "in a good place" now-- so, why take a crude swipe at her?  Then again, after Brandi made her own crude remark, wasn't it Lisa who ran over to repeat it to all of the ladies assembled for lunch?  Seemed to me she got a real charge out of saying it, and "telling" on Brandi. She also seemed to  enjoy getting a reaction from the other women --"Isn't Brandi awful?". Lisa is just as crude and mean.  IMO.

At least no animals were harmed in the Brandi-Lisa Col. Angus discussion. 

Adrienne was standing there when Lisa made her "joke" and Adrienne laughed. By this time, I am sure that Adrienne has heard all the age jokes there are and all the "Busch" jokes there are to be had as well, she also knows Lisa's sense of humor and, again, she did not seem upset/hurt/ticked off about it. As a matter of fact, she was on WWHL the same night that episode aired and Andy was making similar jokes and Adrienne laughed.

I also did not think nor did I say that Lisa was offended by what Brandi said to her like others, Kyle or Yolanda, would have been. Instead, Lisa brushed it off and included all the women in the joke....Lisa treated what Brandi said as a joke and nothing more.

Some take what Lisa says to literally IMO if they are offended buy her "sex" jokes about/toward Giggy or the swans/animals. I get that when some viewers, not you specifically, don't like a HW, it is hard to see any humor in what they say or joke about but sometimes it seem some go looking for issues where they don't exist. LOL

• Love 5

They have all made "jokes" at others expense, not just Lisa or even Brandi. Kyle has done, Kim has done it, Yolanda, Taylor, Camille and Adrienne as well as Joyce/Carlton/Marisa have all made jokes at someone else's expense. It is part of the reason why they are Bravo HWs! JS

Yolanda has made jokes??  Wow - I totally missed them, LOL!!!  ;-)  She always seems so serious and stern to me....I never thought she had a good sense of humor. 

• Love 4

Yolanda has made jokes??  Wow - I totally missed them, LOL!!!  ;-)  She always seems so serious and stern to me....I never thought she had a good sense of humor. 

She has tried, I did not say she succeeded though! LOL

• Love 3

"It is my business where your dick has been," is not self-deprecating humor.  Nor is Lisa commenting on the size of her employees' packages-Cedric and the cast of SUR posing naked for a calendar.  The Cedric stuff was done at Mohamed's party so it is part of this show-just as the silly romp by Kevin was done at a party at her house.  Lisa certainly is bawdy but I don't think it is an invitation for someone to say what Brandi said to her.

I agree Brandi is crude and used that pussy comment as a way to catch Lisa off guard and garner screen time.  I don't know why Lisa chose to pass it on- perhaps she was in shock?  I find Brandi with her height and massive hands intimidating enough but comments like that to Lisa or anyone -out of bounds.

• Love 4

This I agree with. Of course they all do. It's why I think they're all kinda terrible in their own ways.

But I was replying to your response prior where you said Lisa's jokes are self-deprecating and that you couldn't remember her jokes ever being at anyone else's expense or used to hurt someone... Like I said, Lisa does it all the time! 

I agree, she's not the only one guilty of it, but she's one of the biggest offenders. And she and Brandi are birds of a feather in their hitting below the belt. I still think the reunion where Lisa alluded to Kim's son having the mental breakdown was one of the dirtiest things we've ever seen on this show. Every bit as gross as Brandi revealing Adrienne's surrogate, just done in a sneakier way.

• Love 9

I don't think Lisa is holding a grudge against Kyle for those comments but their relationship changed because of them as it would most friendships in the real world. Last season, we had Brandi parroting Kyle, so it was Brandi that brought it up not Lisa. IMO, Lisa has moved on with Brandi, just not the way Brandi wants and it is not Brandi's decision to make, it is Lisa's.

What is the Brandi parroting Kyle mean?  I don't recall Brandi during the season ever quoting Kyle on anything to Lisa.

• Love 1

This I agree with. Of course they all do. It's why I think they're all kinda terrible in their own ways.

But I was replying to your response prior where you said Lisa's jokes are self-deprecating and that you couldn't remember her jokes ever being at anyone else's expense or used to hurt someone... Like I said, Lisa does it all the time! 

I agree, she's not the only one guilty of it, but she's one of the biggest offenders. And she and Brandi are birds of a feather in their hitting below the belt. I still think the reunion where Lisa alluded to Kim's son having the mental breakdown was one of the dirtiest things we've ever seen on this show. Every bit as gross as Brandi revealing Adrienne's surrogate, just done in a sneakier way.

I was referring to "dirty/nasty/sexual" jokes along the lines of what Brandi said to her last episode.

What happened to Kim's son was public knowledge by the time the reunion was filmed, Chad was even part of the show last season. Lisa did not say anything bad just that Chad had a "health" issue, something along those lines, she never said he had a mental breakdown.

• Love 2

They all do it. It's part of the show. I don't love or hate any of them but the only one that I really don't ever enjoy or like watching is Brandi. Yolanda bores an annoys me but, Brandi is the worst.

• Love 1

What is the Brandi parroting Kyle mean?  I don't recall Brandi during the season ever quoting Kyle on anything to Lisa.

The chess/Bobby Fisher comment. Brandi repeated that comparison to Lisa last season word for word.

• Love 1

At the end of the day we all need to remember that these people are on TV to entertain us. Most intelligent people would never tell anything really personal to our co-workers. They all have real friends outside of their acting "JOBS" that keep their mouths shut even when the "press" comes calling. All of the Twitter,blogs and interviews are just to keep the ratings going.

All of these "ladies" know the game. Some just play it better.

• Love 7

Adrienne was standing there when Lisa made her "joke" and Adrienne laughed. By this time, I am sure that Adrienne has heard all the age jokes there are and all the "Busch" jokes there are to be had as well, she also knows Lisa's sense of humor and, again, she did not seem upset/hurt/ticked off about it. As a matter of fact, she was on WWHL the same night that episode aired and Andy was making similar jokes and Adrienne laughed.

I also did not think nor did I say that Lisa was offended by what Brandi said to her like others, Kyle or Yolanda, would have been. Instead, Lisa brushed it off and included all the women in the joke....Lisa treated what Brandi said as a joke and nothing more.

Some take what Lisa says to literally IMO if they are offended buy her "sex" jokes about/toward Giggy or the swans/animals. I get that when some viewers, not you specifically, don't like a HW, it is hard to see any humor in what they say or joke about but sometimes it seem some go looking for issues where they don't exist. LOL

As I recall, Lisa made the "bush" comment in a TH, so I don't think Adrienne did, or could, have made any remark.  As to whether Adrienne "should" be OK to jokes about her new squeeze, maybe that is not up to Lisa V. to decide. Since Lisa talks on camera about her pussy and sex with animals,  maybe she is in no position to throw stones at Brandi.  Her remark, crude as it may be, looked like a joke to me, and not at all dissimilar from the famous Lisa Vanderpump  sense of humor.  You reap what you sow, Mrs. VP!

Also, this notion that somehow Lisa is a comic genius and I don't get her humor (not me, "specifically") may be true.  But it may also be true that Lisa could take a piss in someone's shoe and folks would say "It was a joke! That is her sense of humor!"  Not you, specifically. LOL.

No, Lisa is just mean and un-funny.

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 5

I was referring to "dirty/nasty/sexual" jokes along the lines of what Brandi said to her last episode.

What happened to Kim's son was public knowledge by the time the reunion was filmed, Chad was even part of the show last season. Lisa did not say anything bad just that Chad had a "health" issue, something along those lines, she never said he had a mental breakdown.

I don't think this is true.  The media referred to it as one of Kim's children.  Lisa outed Chad, and I believe it was on purpose.

• Love 6

The media only ever said it was "one of Kim's 4 children". It was never identified which one.

There was exhaustive talk on TWoP at the time as to which one it might be. Even more exhaustive was one of the folks on Vulture who is famous on that site for investigating the minutia of everything that happens (looking at old tweets, digging through media reports) and it was still unknown which child it was. Lisa is more media savvy than any of the other HW's so it is hard for me to believe she was unaware of this. There was even talk that the Richard sisters (with help from Kathy Hilton in particular) were using any media clout they had to make sure this remained private. This was mainly due to the fact that Radar OnLine was refusing to name the child, and they are usually game for anything. When Lisa named Chad as the child, she let the cat out of the bag.

• Love 4

Don't you know Kim and her kids are out of bounds when it comes to mental health issues and alcoholism?  It just how things work for Kim. Anyone who pierces the veil of Kim's denial is a rat bastard.   Technically it was one of Kim's adult children in the press-so Lisa did clear it up for everyone by mentioning it was her son.  Last season Kim was found wandering around the hotel hallways in Puerto Rico with no pants on -  Ken took some heat for suggesting she was drinking again.  I did not blame Lisa for finally saying to Kim at the Reunion, I just don't understand you.  Kim then meandered on forever reinforcing Lisa's initial comment.

• Love 4

I don't think this is true.  The media referred to it as one of Kim's children.  Lisa outed Chad, and I believe it was on purpose.

You are right.  IIRC,  there was little mention of it, and the media outlets that reported the story didn't claim it was Chad, but only that one of Kim's adult children had been picked up and placed on psychiatric hold. No one on the show talked about it until Lisa brought up the fact that Kim had been dealing with Chad's problems, effectively identifying the adult child as Chad. Of course, it was on purpose.  I recall that Kim was upset and tried to shut down the discussion and Lisa acted as though she was so confused, dahling, what is the problem? Just talking about your child's psychiatric problems, which none of the other HW's felt the need to mention, or had the compassion to forego discussing on camera....

• Love 8

Lisa said something about Kim telling her about Chad's broken leg and that it really wasn't a broken leg.  Or something like that.  And Kim called her a liar.  Somebody fill in my blanks.  But it was a total outing of which kid of Kim's that had the break.

• Love 3

I think last season there were some items that were suppose to be off limits-Chad, Brandi and the tampon incident and Kim bottomless in Puerto Rico.  Somehow Team Lisa and Joyce managed to get two of three out there.    I personally thought Brandi story should have gotten the same treatment as Teresa Giudice's indictment-complete with Matt Lauer reporting on the story.

A different kettle of fish this year-Bella, who was a minor at the time did not get a pass with her DUI.  In California juvenile arrest records are not made public so someone must have seen her and the Hadids decided to go public.

• Love 1

As mentioned above, Lisa never mentioned that Chad had a nervous breakdown and her reply was in response to Kim accusing Lisa of not being there for her. Good grief, Kim starts out slamming Lisa and then goes into crying/whining about wanting Lisa to "like" her, to "support" her and Lisa replies that she did indeed reach out to Kim when Chad "broke his leg". I do believe that Lisa did call Kim and offer some words of support and yes, Lisa said he "broke his leg" instead saying he went off his rocker, what should she have said? Most likely it was the only example she could give to show she has reached out to Kim.

• Love 4

As mentioned above, Lisa never mentioned that Chad had a nervous breakdown and her reply was in response to Kim accusing Lisa of not being there for her. Good grief, Kim starts out slamming Lisa and then goes into crying/whining about wanting Lisa to "like" her, to "support" her and Lisa replies that she did indeed reach out to Kim when Chad "broke his leg". I do believe that Lisa did call Kim and offer some words of support and yes, Lisa said he "broke his leg" instead saying he went off his rocker, what should she have said? Most likely it was the only example she could give to show she has reached out to Kim.

A tough choice on these shows-give the example and unveil more secrets or come off as uncaring.  I think Bravo should have probably cut it out if Kim's son situation was secret by contract.   I have to tell you the whole Lisa not attending the graduation was weird.  Granted Lisa lied and belittled Kim about Kim's hairdresser busting her for being at SUR.  I just wonder id Kimberly ever wrote a note thanking the Todds for the pen.

Oh thank you-Brandi did use Kyle's chess analogies as have Ken and Lisa now.  Who knew Kyle had that much depth to create a go analogy for the series.

• Love 1

A tough choice on these shows-give the example and unveil more secrets or come off as uncaring.  I think Bravo should have probably cut it out if Kim's son situation was secret by contract.   I have to tell you the whole Lisa not attending the graduation was weird.  Granted Lisa lied and belittled Kim about Kim's hairdresser busting her for being at SUR.  I just wonder id Kimberly ever wrote a note thanking the Todds for the pen.

Oh thank you-Brandi did use Kyle's chess analogies as have Ken and Lisa now.  Who knew Kyle had that much depth to create a go analogy for the series.

Lisa RSVP'd NO, she and Ken would NOT be attending the party. They had a charity commitment that was planned well before the graduation party was planned. Don't forget, Kim changed the day of the party, the location of the party and the time of the party at the last minute because big sister Kathy was all of a sudden unavailable to help plan the party that was to happen at her home! Instead she was looking at the Royal China patterns in England during a public tour of BH Palace. LOL  Kim complained about that as she was decorating the day of the party. I wonder why Kim's hairdresser was not invited to the party, she is someone that Kim likes, unlike Lisa, Kim has never liked Lisa. LOL

Yes, Kyle came up with that analogy but I am not sure I would call her "deep"! LOL Oh and that analogy has now been used on other HW shows, I believe Aviva used it against Carole last season on the NY show. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

IMO, Lisa has moved on with Brandi, just not the way Brandi wants and it is not Brandi's decision to make, it is Lisa's.

Yep.  Lisa is in the driver's seat and Brandi put her there.  Amateur chess players should never play with Bobby Fischer and expect to win;-).

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

On another note, how huge are Rinna's eyes in real life?! I swear sometimes I feel like I'm being hypnotized by a cobra, they're so THERE and BIG and INTENT.

They do look big! She knows how to use make-up to contour and highlight like a boss and that's why they look like that.  Plus, she wears false eyelashes (though not the huge freaking spiders that Lisa VP wears).  I'm not a fan of such a smoky eye, all day every day, but LisaR pulls it off.  I think she's pretty with a great expressive face but when she wears nude, super shiny lip gloss, she's really hard to look at.

Sans make-up:

Lisa+Rinna+Without+Makeup+Pic+2013-2014+

• Love 2
Can anyone say that if Brandi brought around Mauricio's ex-flame or Ken's ex-flame and made Kyle or Lisa repeatedly interact with her that those two wouldn't be hurt/pissed off after awhile? It gets old.

I think it would be different if said ex-flame also happened to work for Brandi. I also think it would be different if Kyle had agreed to filming with said hypothetical ex-flame only to then make a big deal about it after she realized that her "I win" the game of life comment was total bullshit.

I defend Brandi for nothing, but for me it is so easy to understand Brandi's side of things here.

Brandi doesn't want to play any role in helping to advance Scheana.  I get that. I wouldn't either. She has no problem saying hello when they meet, but the on camera stuff helps Scheana. It gives her a storyline and makes her more relevant. Why would Brandi want anything to do with that?

If Brandi didn't want to help to advance Scheana then she had no business agreeing to film the crossover scenes with her. It should have been painful for her then if it is still too painful for her now. IMO Brandi was willing to film with Scheana because she thought that she would get all of the sympathy, she wanted the attention, she wanted extra screen time, and she thought that she'd be able to take Scheana down a peg or two since Brandi was the more established Bravolebrity between the two of them. (The last point is a fair enough motivation and I completely understand and even have a twinge of sympathy for Brandi here.) This was a choice that Brandi made and to me it makes no difference whether Brandi knew at the time (I think she totally did) that Scheana had already been working for Lisa for some time and that Scheana and Pandora were friends. Brandi doesn't want to have to accept the consequences of her choices and I can't bring myself to feel bad for her in that sense. 

If nothing else, Brandi should at least admit that she made a mistake and was wrong to agree to film with Scheana and tell Scheana that it would be fine for her to say hi or whatever whenever they bump into each other because of their respective connections to Lisa. Instead, Brandi wants to dump it all on Lisa and make it seem like this was all out of her control and that she's some put upon victim in all of this and I just have no patience with that because it doesn't add up with everything that we were shown. She didn't end that conversation telling Scheana that she'd prefer it if they refrained from interacting in the future. Brandi made it acceptable for Scheana's presence to be something that was supposed to be okay and they have all of this build up I feel like Brandi would have to be a simpleton to not think that she'd interact with Scheana again at some point considering Lisa's participation on both shows. That was the whole point of the discussion apart from it being dramatic material for the show itself; it was so that they could clear the air and tolerate being around each other during work/filming. The meeting wasn't about having a scene and then the two never seeing each other again. Without Brandi agreeing to that Lisa would have had to either stop inviting Brandi to events where Scheana would be working/filming or not have Scheana come to the events Brandi attends but that doesn't really work since Bravo wanted the crossover aspect of it.

Agreed that Lisa was out of line for asking Brandi to wish Scheana well on her engagement.

I commented at the time that I thought Brandi's comments about how she's won made very little sense to me because I fail to understand how Brandi is better than Scheana when they basically have the same job only Brandi is on a show that happens to pay more. (Brandi wasn't saying that she was winning for not being an adulterer either just to be clear. And we know she's a hypocrite about all this shit anyway.) They were both still kissing Lisa's ass, they're both on the Bravo tit, they're both famewhores, and they both felt betrayed by Eddie regardless of whether or not Scheana had any right to feel that way. The main difference is that Scheana made it to the Bravo party when she was still in her twenties and it seems like Brandi actively resents that they're more or less in the same place in life as far as careers only Scheana is in a position where married life and all that is just starting so Brandi thinks it's all hugely unfair at the end of the day.  

Shiva: nice garment bag

Lisar: neatly on appropriate hangers ready to go on racks, businesslike and with afore thought

Eileen: folded Ick in a beat up Nordstrom bag with a hefty bag sidekick

Yo: nice garment bag

Brandi: hangers right out of her closet she said only three all she had and not smiling . Pained her to lose clothing.

Kyle: splashing her damn store logo and promoting it in basic shopping bags.

I thought about that a long time. Says volumes about each of them to me !

This is such an on point observation, thanks for this.

• Love 5

Lisa R. does have HUGE eyes. She looks so pretty there with no makeup on. She is beautiful but she is.....A LOT. My mother-in-law is like Rinna-always on, always "cheerful", always in the conversation and always, always doing something and busy. The woman (MIL) is literally exhausting.She is also super controlling and domineering. Lisa R. doesn't seem very controlling and she did say that Harry is the one that rules their house. Still, lots of energy her two (non chub-chub) daughters have to deal with daily.

When Brandi made her vulgar comment to Lisa didn't she also say something like, "come on, you know I'm good"?? Wooow. This makes me think that Lisa (and Ken) and Brandi really have hooked up before. Brandi is just a pig. I can already see her hitting on her son's friends when they reach 15 or 16.

• Love 5

Lisa RSVP'd NO, she and Ken would NOT be attending the party. They had a charity commitment that was planned well before the graduation party was planned. Don't forget, Kim changed the day of the party, the location of the party and the time of the party at the last minute because big sister Kathy was all of a sudden unavailable to help plan the party that was to happen at her home! Instead she was looking at the Royal China patterns in England during a public tour of BH Palace. LOL  Kim complained about that as she was decorating the day of the party. I wonder why Kim's hairdresser was not invited to the party, she is someone that Kim likes, unlike Lisa, Kim has never liked Lisa. LOL

Yes, Kyle came up with that analogy but I am not sure I would call her "deep"! LOL Oh and that analogy has now been used on other HW shows, I believe Aviva used it against Carole last season on the NY show. LOL

I do not think Lisa needed any further explanation as to why she would not attend Kimberly's party.  I believe Kim's feelings were hurt when Lisa's alibi was busted open but I really think that Lisa should have gotten the pass for not attending.  I really didn't think Ken was all that out of line for mentioning Kim had missed Pandora's wedding.  Moving is not an excuse nor is I was drinking and didn't and to be caught on camera. 

Who knew Kyle could have such a catchy phrase?

• Love 2
I can already see her hitting on her son's friends when they reach 15 or 16.

Seriously. I have no problem believing that she has boundary issues and some part of her would be hugely thrilled at the idea of friends of her boys thinking that she's hot. She won't be stupid enough to pull a Mary Kay Latourneau (sp?) but yeah, I totally think she's suspect. She's just so damned needy and lonely I can easily see her going all cougar on a 19 year old in a few years once she realizes she isn't going to be able to bag a JR type or say a Ken type.* 

I've said a lot of things about Taylor over the years but I have to admit to being fairly impressed that she was able to get that guy to marry her considering how much freaking baggage and overall unfortunate behavior that comes with her and those prominent lips of hers. If she can do it Brandi probably still has a chance but I doubt she'll be smart enough to work it out the way that Taylor did. I also think that Brandi might be the type of person who is very hung up a person's look at the end of the day and that might end up narrowing her choices. Eddie was and is still incredibly good looking but not so much in the personality department based on what I've seen and read. I suspect that Brandi has a type.

*Edited because I might have phrased it earlier as though a Ken type would somehow be a step down or an easier feat than a JR type and that isn't what I meant at all.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 3

My impression of Eileen, so far has been on the favorable side but I must assign her one Tacky point for bringing up the whole "issues with Lisa" thing at an event at Lisa's place of business that Lisa had invited them to for charity. However, I grudgingly give it back after her TH saying she would wait and see. Kyle just can't ever bring herself to defend Lisa. Tacky point for her.  A Classy point for LisaV in attending the Housewarming, even if it was only to stop the other HouseHarpies from gossiping about her behind her back, she had the class to show up. IN HER HOOKER HEELS! LOL.  Another Classy point for inviting all the others to her charity thing and another for even considering a lunch with Brandi. Way to hold a grudge, LisaV. Not.

LisaV wins this round, again. Show those amateurs how it is done, Miss Lady.  

• Love 7

Seriously. I have no problem believing that she has boundary issues and some part of her would be hugely thrilled at the idea of friends of her boys thinking that she's hot. She won't be stupid enough to pull a Mary Kay Latourneau (sp?) but yeah, I totally think she's suspect. She's just so damned needy and lonely I can easily see her going all cougar on an 19 year old a few years once she realizes she isn't going to be able to bag a JR type or even a Ken type.

I've said a lot of things about Taylor over the years but I have to admit to being fairly impressed that she was able to get that guy to marry her considering how much freaking baggage and overall unfortunate behavior that comes with her and those prominent lips of hers. If she can do it Brandi probably still has a chance but I doubt she'll be smart enough to work it out the way that Taylor did. I also think that Brandi might be the type of person who is very hung up a person's look at the end of the day and that might end up narrowing her choices. Eddie was and is still incredibly good looking but not so much in the personality department based on what I've seen and read. I suspect that Brandi has a type.

Word on Taylor. She's like Laurie from the OC; savant like, next level gold digging. You have to tip your hat to the level of game that allows you to be a middle-aged, broke, single mom who can't move her face anymore but still manages to find a rich guy to sponge off of. Nice work ladies. You two have perfected the art of selling your soul for a pay day. *slow clap*

Also co-sign that looks are probably very important to Brandi. Just they way she talked about Jaquline and Michael last season said it all. She probably worries that if her boyfriend isn't either super hot or super rich people will think she's past her prime and can't land a "good" prospect anymore. I can't even get into the dysfunctional mind that worries people might think she has matured past the point of being a trophy girlfriend, but there you go...

Kim still has moments where I wonder exactly how sober she is. Her TH this episode seemed a bit scattered and manic and slurry.

• Love 4

Brandi admitted in her book and I believe on the show, that she only likes the very best looking guys and it gets her into trouble. I agree that she will not feel validated unless she lands a reeeally hot guy, preferably an actor or professional athlete. But I can't imagine the man that would actually marry her at this point. Her personality problems are too severe. Hmm, wonder why Yolanda's King has never set Brandi up with any of his friends? Oh yes, because she's a loony tune.

I looked up personality disorders and yes, she sounds like borderline personality disorder but also histronic personality disorder. Look it up to see if you agree.

It would be so interesting to see the kind of person Brandi was earlier in her marriage to Eddie. Was she more "normal" or was she always a trashy loose cannon? Did his leaving her make her a lot worse or was she always this way??

Taylor was lucky to land another man to take care of her but, other than her frozen face, she is attractive enough and she has issues but is not as insane as Brandi. So I could see *someone* going for her.

• Love 5

LOL, I have been thinking the same thing about Taylor.  Men definitely have a different lens than women.  I would think her freakish looking face would take her out, but girl definitely has game (tip of the hat).

Eddie was and is still incredibly good looking but not so much in the personality department based on what I've seen and read. I suspect that Brandi has a type.

Yeah, Eddie is hot.  When I learned he was in Best Man Holiday, I automatically put my hate glasses on until his first scene with Nia Long.  Its too bad he isn't the guy he plays in the movies.

Its unfortunate Brandi has a type because she could have married a rich guy who adores her long ago.  I can totally see her flirting, propositioning, and hooking up with her sons's 19 year-old plus friends.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

When Brandi made her vulgar comment to Lisa didn't she also say something like, "come on, you know I'm good"?? Wooow. This makes me think that Lisa (and Ken) and Brandi really have hooked up before. Brandi is just a pig...

I don't get it... If it's something shocking and disgusting for you, why only Brandi ? If they hooked up, it's disguting for them all or not. But, once again, why only Brandi ?
  • Love 2

It would be so interesting to see the kind of person Brandi was earlier in her marriage to Eddie. Was she more "normal" or was she always a trashy loose cannon? Did his leaving her make her a lot worse or was she always this way??

I've wondered about this too in the past. On one hand I have to think that she was probably reasonably normal but with a bit of a party girl streak considering she was attractive enough to get Eddie to make the commitment on paper and she wasn't bringing major money to the table like LR. Something must have set Brandi apart from the other girls he dated back then, girls that included pretty soap opera actresses and the like but, for whatever reason, he and Brandi chose each other and she behaves as though she married up when she speaks about the marriage in retrospect. Just the impression I have from the things she's said over the years. 

At the same time I feel like a person can't be as horrible as Brandi is without having shown signs of it earlier in life. Is it possible that the divorce/show/fame/money has turned her into this horrible thing that we're forced to watch if we want to keep up with the other women? That feels like a stretch to me. IMO some part of her had to have been awful prior to the show for her to go so rotten so quickly. New women seem like they're often trying to be on their best behavior during their first season on their respective show so there might have been some element of that with Brandi trying her best to play nice only to find out that Bravo and the producers were responding well to most of her bad behavior save fourth wall-ish type stuff. 

• Love 2

I've wondered about this too in the past. On one hand I have to think that she was probably reasonably normal but with a bit of a party girl streak considering she was attractive enough to get Eddie to make the commitment on paper and she wasn't bringing major money to the table like LR. Something must have set Brandi apart from the other girls he dated back then, girls that included pretty soap opera actresses and the like but, for whatever reason, he and Brandi chose each other and she behaves as though she married up when she speaks about the marriage in retrospect. Just the impression I have from the things she's said over the years.

At the same time I feel like a person can't be as horrible as Brandi is without having shown signs of it earlier in life. Is it possible that the divorce/show/fame/money has turned her into this horrible thing that we're forced to watch if we want to keep up with the other women? That feels like a stretch to me. IMO some part of her had to have been awful prior to the show for her to go so rotten so quickly. New women seem like they're often trying to be on their best behavior during their first season on their respective show so there might have been some element of that with Brandi trying her best to play nice only to find out that Bravo and the producers were responding well to most of her bad behavior save fourth wall-ish type stuff.

Was Brandi pregnant when she and Eddie got married? I honestly don't know and I've never bothered to do the math, but that would be my guess as to how she got Eddie to make a commitment.

In any case I've always assumed that relationship was a long train wreck full of cheating(on both sides), fights, separations, and makeup sex. You know they were probably just like the immature morons over at Vanderpump Rules when they first met. If Eddie hadn't managed to land a whale like Leanne I think they would still be together in all of their glorious dysfunction. My take is he left her because he found someone with more money than God to take care of him, not because Brandi was too crazy for him.

• Love 6

Who knows, maybe Brandi's out-there personality attracted Eddie. Later he may have gotten tired of her drama and antics.

And Diane Mars, Brandi IS a pig, in MY opinion. You of course are free to disagree and find her sweet and delicate. I never said Lisa and Ken aren't pigs. I find them disturbing in many ways also, under their false haughty Brit facade. Brandi is a one-trick pony who can not discuss anything at all except....sex.

• Love 4