Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Breaking Branches

• Start Topic

I'm embarrassed to admit it, since I seem to be the only one here who witnessed it, but Lisa has been on some Lifetime movies. I'm pretty sure I've seen her elsewhere besides her turns as TV host and DWTS. I just can't remember where. IMDB gives her about 29 credits. She may not be great, but, as you said, she has been an actress, not just a host, etc.

I was able to find and watch the Silk Stalkings with her in it a while ago. I think she was a quick murder victim in that. It would be fun to see her in The Comeback. Oh, I checked The Comeback, she plays herself. Well, it might be fun anyway. 

• Love 1

This is a great cast, and it perfectly proves the point that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

I disagree with calling anyone trash no matter how trashy they seem -- it degrades the human spirit and it's obvious to me that the person we see has spent a lot of time in the gutter of self loathing and there is no amount human validation that will cleanse her.

Bravo needs to let her go and move on with its current cast -- the addition of Eileen and Lisa are brilliant and there's no reason we need to see or hear from someone who adds nothing but toxic energy and whose lifestyle is incompatible with the show.

I LOVED watching Eileen work out paddle boarding. -- all of her scenes fascinate me and I want more more more of Eileen.

Someone upthread said that the scenes of the HWs on their own are far better than the ones where they're interacting with each other is spot on! I don't mind seeing a little interaction with the cast members -- but I want to see real chemistry not forced made up nonsense. .

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 17

Both Adrienne and Lisa said they made up months before filming began for this season. They were never "friends" to begin with but more like "friendly neighbors" and have returned to being "friendly."

I don't miss Adrienne, but I do miss Paul.

• Love 14

I LOVED watching Eileen work out paddle boarding.

I loved her comment about eating a donut and working out at the same time!

I want to see real chemistry not forced made up nonsense. .

Me too. Unfortunately, forced is what Bravo seems to prefer. I have to say, I thought the very first scene of Lisa R and Eileen seemed very forced. However, since then when I see them talking and sitting together, I actually believe they are friends.

Kim seems very ... wobbly in a lot of her appearances.

I wouldn't called Brandi trash because I just don't like the terminology (just a me thing), but I still question how she fits in on this show. She just seems like the weakest link desperately searching for something to keep her relevant. I picture her sitting at home trying to think of crude things to say during filming.

• Love 3

Brandi has latched on to Scheanna as her reason for being upset with Lisa because she (Brandi) has nothing else.  But she doesn't even have that.

First of all, when Brandi first came on the scene, before her and Lisa were very close, Brandi attended an event at Lisa's restaurant.  She mentioned to Lisa that Sheanna had slept with Eddie, and Lisa promptly took Scheanna aside and nicely asked her to leave.

Shortly after that, at Lisa's suggestion, Brandi and Scheanna sat down and talked. IIRC, Brandi said after that, that while she did not forgive Scheanna, she felt like they could at least be in a room together.

Then, there's the event at Lisa's house where Scheanna told Brandi she was engaged.  This appearance by Scheanna seems to be the one that really set Brandi off, because it was shortly after this that she started in on Lisa and Scheanna.  While I agree that having Scheanna there wasn't cool, I also believe production set it up.  It was during the time when Pump was crossing over onto ROBH frequently.  I even think Lisa may have alluded to that during the reunion.  Brandi should know by now about production set ups.

Finally, it takes 2 to tango......Scheanna was a young girl who, while I'm not making excuses for her, was probably 'charmed' (ugh) by movie star Eddie.....Brandi needs to place the blame on his shoulders more than anyone else's.  If it hadn't been Scheanna, it would have been (and probably was) someone else.

• Love 9

Can anyone say that if Brandi brought around Mauricio's ex-flame or Ken's ex-flame and made Kyle or Lisa repeatedly interact with her that those two wouldn't be hurt/pissed off after awhile? It gets old.

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure Yo Ho pilfered the dress from the donated clothing drive. That, and she probably didn't donate a cent to ALS despite taking part in the challenge. No, I am not willing to give that bitch the benefit of the doubt.

From my understanding, people have to donate or have a bucket of ice dumped on them.  I never understood why all of these celebs got ice dumped on them if they were planning on donating.

That makes sense. And I agree with others - what I meant was it was just a bizarro statement. Sure, say you were typecast bc of soaps, it is harder to compete with younger actresses, etc but I guess that doesn't make a good sound bite. Self deprecating is a good way to view it though, since I originally interpreted it as women telling themselves they're "too pretty" and that's why they can't date/have girl friends etc - a bizarro, delusional excuse bc they don't want to acknowledge any of their own flaws

I thought Lisa Rinna said she was "too fabulous" for her hometown of Medford?  She wasn't saying it as a joke.

• Love 2

Brandi has latched on to Scheanna as her reason for being upset with Lisa because she (Brandi) has nothing else.  But she doesn't even have that.

First of all, when Brandi first came on the scene, before her and Lisa were very close, Brandi attended an event at Lisa's restaurant.  She mentioned to Lisa that Sheanna had slept with Eddie, and Lisa promptly took Scheanna aside and nicely asked her to leave.

Shortly after that, at Lisa's suggestion, Brandi and Scheanna sat down and talked. IIRC, Brandi said after that, that while she did not forgive Scheanna, she felt like they could at least be in a room together.

Then, there's the event at Lisa's house where Scheanna told Brandi she was engaged.  This appearance by Scheanna seems to be the one that really set Brandi off, because it was shortly after this that she started in on Lisa and Scheanna.  While I agree that having Scheanna there wasn't cool, I also believe production set it up.  It was during the time when Pump was crossing over onto ROBH frequently.  I even think Lisa may have alluded to that during the reunion.  Brandi should know by now about production set ups.

Finally, it takes 2 to tango......Scheanna was a young girl who, while I'm not making excuses for her, was probably 'charmed' (ugh) by movie star Eddie.....Brandi needs to place the blame on his shoulders more than anyone else's.  If it hadn't been Scheanna, it would have been (and probably was) someone else.

I defend Brandi for nothing, but for me it is so easy to understand Brandi's side of things here. 

Brandi doesn't want to play any role in helping to advance Scheana.  I get that. I wouldn't either. She has no problem saying hello when they meet, but the on camera stuff helps Scheana. It gives her a storyline and makes her more relevant. Why would Brandi want anything to do with that? 

When my parents had a vicious, heated break up in a similar situation, my mother worked very hard to build a cordial relationship with the "other woman", who would become my step mom.  She cleared the air with her because it was the right thing to do for the civility of our family. She didn't like her, she didn't want to be around her any more than was necessary, and she certainly didn't want to do anything to make her look good. She did want to keep the peace. I can only imagine if my father would have asked my mom to do something like congratulate my step mom for anything. My mom would have told him to kiss her ass. If he would have expressed surprise because she had been more than civil at family gatherings, so why say "no" now, my mom would have slapped his face for being so inconsiderate of her. 

I think this is the deal and it makes sense to me. Since the first season of VPR it has been clear that Lisa, in her role as EP of the show, is trying hard to promote Scheana in every way possible. She is the good one, the responsible one, the only gal Lisa can count on. Lisa is allowing the show to highlight Scheana's aspirations of having a singing career. Scheana is very good friends with Pandora and around a lot. Brandi knew none of this when she first sat down with Scheana. Now she knows and she doesn't want to have any part of it. Both Brandi and Lisa have agreed that Brandi requested that Lisa not purposely put them in situations together on camera. Lisa claims it is all production, but we also saw Lisa request that Brandi go up and wish Scheana well on her upcoming marriage.  This is a bitch move of the highest order and certainly not something one would expect from a friend. 

This is perhaps the most understandable thing I have ever heard one HW bitch at another HW about. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

Can anyone say that if Brandi brought around Mauricio's ex-flame or Ken's ex-flame and made Kyle or Lisa repeatedly interact with her that those two wouldn't be hurt/pissed off after awhile? It gets old.

Brandi went into to Kyle's kitchen to have a conversation with Scheana.  Lisa was out of line asking her to congratulate Scheana on her engagement. None of the other RH went around interacting with the help.  I think the difference is Ken and Mauricio didn't have affairs while they were married.  Because they didn't have affairs they most certainly they did not have a side piece go on TV and talk about the affair. 

I still think Lisa, Brandi and Cedric all knew the connection of Scheana, Eddie and Lisa's restaurants.  She was giving interviews while working at Villa Blanca and working with Cedric and Lisa.  They knew.  Brandi Glanville, for many years was referred to as former wife of Eddie Cibrian and still is.  It was all done to create a storyline.  Brandi has had to admit to lying about any previous relationship with Cedric, Cedric has supplied e-mails between the producer and his agent about Cedric attending the SUR opening.  Brandi and Lisa are just too stubborn to admit it was all a set up because they would both lose credibility.  I feel bad for Lisa because this Scheana and Cedric nonsense gave Brandi the entrance to the show.  At least now Lisa mentions Brandi's financial gain from being a part of the show.  I think it is masterful how Lisa is working in Brandi's humble beginnings and who she used along the way.

• Love 3

I don't disagree with the first sentence or anything but the rest is coming off as very hypocritical. Weight discrimination does not apply only to the heavier among us. Why on earth should the "inherently thin" have to experience anything other than what they experience? At the risk of having the dreaded "thin privilege" label attached to me, I can tell you from experience that the skinny bodies get their share of horrifying remarks too (I can't even count the number of times the cliched "eat a sandwich" appeared on TWOP) and often to our faces. I don't care who weighs what, but if making remarks about one body type is wrong, then the same goes for others.

Also, I don't find it weird for someone to throw a party after moving, whether it's a rental or not. Moving blows, and setting up a nice new place--even if it's just a bigger and better apartment--seems like a perfectly valid reason to host a party, especially if you didn't have the space to do so before. I don't know; I just don't see what's so crazy about it.

I got called an idiot with no apology for saying this in another thread, but here goes. I think anything meant meanly is rude and hurtful to say to another person. However, I think comments against those with a larger size carry more punch because unlike thin people they don't really get many positive comments. Very thin people get to be/see models who look like them and witness a lot of skinny glorification. I don't condone anything mean being said, but it's just different. Larger people are actively discriminated against in a systemic fashion. To me, it's like any marginalized group. Yes, mean things are said to white, straight men. And that's bad. But, it still just doesn't have the same sting when said to a person of color, GLBT, or a woman.

I totally agree with your comments about Brandi, though. :)

I hope you don't take my remarks as attacking you or saying something inappropriate. I'm sorry.

• Love 17

I think Lisar is "famous for being famous" at this point. From what I can see, she had a well-regarded daytime soap turn in the early '90s and was on Melrose Place for a few seasons in the late '90s, and appeared in a number of TV movies through 2001 or so. She's averaged about 1 acting credit a year since then...but has accrued a TON of reality TV and talk appearances to keep paid and in the public eye. I don't know if it's due to lack of talent that her legitimate acting career fizzled out, or due to typecasting, the difficulty of getting roles for 40+ women, or becoming too recognizable as herself, not the character she played. Eileen meanwhile has focused on getting to the top of the daytime soap leagues, even if it precludes breaking into primetime or feature films and it's a dying genre.

Hey, being an actor is tough. Luck always plays a factor, and decisions to advance your career in one way can detract from your potential in others. I've always countered those on here who say Kim's career declining in her late teens must have been due to lack of talent and bad decisions, b/c she's made so many others...but the cards were and are stacked against child stars, particularly if they're picking up seven-figure salaries from feature films and primetime TV and are therefore very recognizable in name and face. Ditto with Kyle, who was less of a celebrity but also had a few big primetime and feature film credits.

• Love 6

The irony is that I would say Lisa Rinna is probably more of a well known name. I honestly had no idea who Eileen Davidson is, since I don't watch daytime soaps.  Yet it is her who was able to command the well-publicized $750,000 salary from BRAVO to sign to RHOBH, rumored to be the highest paid of the cast.  The others earn between $450,000 and $500,000 for the season.

• Love 6

Hey, being an actor is tough. Luck always plays a factor, and decisions to advance your career in one way can detract from your potential in others. 

Luck is not the only mitigating factor in the trajectory of an actor's career. There's a little something called the casting couch, and some folks are more willing to hop on it than others.

How does Adrienne manage to pull such a cute, seemingly wealthy, much younger boyfriend? The woman has the charisma of fence post, her face is a fright, and her style is for shit. I don't get it.

Personally, I don't think any decent looking straight man without seriously impaired vision would go for Adrienne unless she agreed to be a Sugar Momma. Either this Busch guy has been cut off from his trust fund, or Adrienne is his beard. IMHO of course. 

• Love 5

I actually started talking back to my TV when Brandi was telling everyone that the fight between her and Lisa was because of Scheana.  Talk about rewriting History!!

See, I think this is the truth.  Brandi had no problem with Lisa's "strategizing" and who it hurt - until it hurt her.  She wanted Lisa to fire Scheana and prove that she cared more for Brandi.  Lisa was unwilling to do this, and Brandi probably realized that she's just another pawn of Lisa's.  She lashed out wildly (like a child), and now regrets it.  I do think that Ken and Lisa cared for Brandi, but they like blind loyalty.  They don't give second chances.

Just can't stand her lispy valley girl accent or whatever the fuck it is.  

I don't think it's an affect.  Didn't it come out last year that it was the result of some procedure?  I think she had another procedure and will lisp for a while.

And speaking of awkward, Brandi's behavior with Lisa is so uncomfortable! To quote Mean Girls - "She's a pusher!" Genuine or not, she can't just be content with Lisa's gesture of showing up, or inviting her to the lunch at SUR. She has to continue to push for more and more - "You love me, you miss me, have lunch with me, I'll eat your pussy"....wait, what??? Just settle down there, Brandi. For someone who keeps insisting she's not an ass-kisser and she doesn't need Lisa or anything, she sure seems desperate to get on her good side again. 

Brandi is pathetic, but I think she really loved Lisa and Ken and regrets temporarily turning against them.  Brandi plays tough about the whole thing, but when she drinks, she can't hide how desperately she misses them.  It's pitiful, and I'm sure Lisa gets a charge out of it.  Ken's over it completely, but Lisa seems to relish watching Brandi squirm.  Like Lisa and Kyle, you can see the chemistry between Lisa and Brandi.  I think Lisa feels the pull of it, but when she's done with you - she's done.

• Love 8

Bravo needs to let her go and move on with its current cast -- the addition of Eileen and Lisa are brilliant and there's no reason we need to see or hear from someone who adds nothing but toxic energy and whose lifestyle is incompatible with the show.

Amen.  We didn't see much of Brandi the first couple of episodes, and I was hoping that was a foreshadowing...but last episode was mostly about Brandi, and it looks like the next one, at least will be too.

I' m over her.  I think this could be a fun show without her, she just drags it down.

• Love 6

My mouth fell open when Brandi totally rewrote history on her dispute with Lisa and the other stupid bitches didn't contradict her. That's because they know that if they sat there and told LisaR and Ashely Abbott the truth (which I agree they probably do know but were asked by the producers to bring it up), those two women would think they were the fucking idiots that they are. No way would they believe that packing tabloids story. 

Well I believe the story to a certain extent, so it's possible they would too.  I understand that Eileen and Lisa are probably too busy to have watched this show in real time.  But once they contemplated the job and even after accepting it, they are fools for not doing research.  At the very least, one would think they would read a few boards to get an idea of things.  Or read some episode recaps.  They would be fools to go in blind, and neither of them seem like fools.

It was amusing to see LisaR standing there, bottle in hand, waiting for Kyle, dumb ass, to introduce her to Brandi's mother.  Looks like she may have been in for a long wait. 

It was indeed an awkward moment.  I actually wondered if Kyle forgot Brandi's mom's name.  I'm terrible with names - absolutely the worst.  I have social anxiety and when I'm introduced to someone, the name goes in one ear and out the other.  Lisa R is gregarious enough that she should have just stepped forward and introduced herself.

I'm starting to believe I was somehow deprived of the experience of watching my mother have a blubbering, irrational nervous breakdown before sending me off to school.

I realize it's irritating, but I feel for them - at least Kyle and Kim.  We saw Kim send her youngest to college - that's her baby, and her nest is empty.  I know Chad may still be at home, but his difficulties may have added to Kim's emotion.  All the Richards sisters say they live for their kids, but unlike Little Kathy, Kyle and Kim didn't birth a pack of feral wolves who went about the town, raising themselves in a half-assed manner.  Kim and Kyle base their lives around their children and (to an extent) live for their children.  They love them but they also love seeing them daily and interacting with them.  Add regret and guilt to Kim's grief.  It seems real to me, and I like to see these women in their real moments.

I withhold my comment on Yolanda until I see if she can even squeeze out one tear for Bella.  I think her grief with Gigi was strictly because the golden child mini-me was leaving.

ETA: Didn't Yolanda say she got into modeling to support her family because they didn't have a lot of money?  One would think her humble beginnings would provide her with a bit of perspective and humility.

Yes, at the age of seven, Yolanda had the burden of supporting her mother and brother.  As told by Yolanda.

• Love 5

I really like Eileen, but I'm cautious in my admiration.  I have a horrible track record of liking someone that seems like a welcome addition to this show and ends up being a total bitch (See Brandi).  

• Love 4

Some guys are really into older women

True, but Adrienne Maloof is two cosmetic procedures away from looking like the infamous Cat Lady. And we all know her winning personality isn't much of a draw either. 

• Love 8

I am not sure that either Lisa or Kyle would seek employment on a TV show that prominently features the boss/employer of their husbands mistress/flame  like Brandi did.  

I defend Brandi for nothing, but for me it is so easy to understand Brandi's side of things here. 

Brandi doesn't want to play any role in helping to advance Scheana.  I get that. I wouldn't either. She has no problem saying hello when they meet, but the on camera stuff helps Scheana. It gives her a storyline and makes her more relevant. Why would Brandi want anything to do with that? 

When my parents had a vicious, heated break up in a similar situation, my mother worked very hard to build a cordial relationship with the "other woman", who would become my step mom.  She cleared the air with her because it was the right thing to do for the civility of our family. She didn't like her, she didn't want to be around her any more than was necessary, and she certainly didn't want to do anything to make her look good. She did want to keep the peace. I can only imagine if my father would have asked my mom to do something like congratulate my step mom for anything. My mom would have told him to kiss her ass. If he would have expressed surprise because she had been more than civil at family gatherings, so why say "no" now, my mom would have slapped his face for being so inconsiderate of her. 

I think this is the deal and it makes sense to me. Since the first season of VPR it has been clear that Lisa, in her role as EP of the show, is trying hard to promote Scheana in every way possible. She is the good one, the responsible one, the only gal Lisa can count on. Lisa is allowing the show to highlight Scheana's aspirations of having a singing career. Scheana is very good friends with Pandora and around a lot. Brandi knew none of this when she first sat down with Scheana. Now she knows and she doesn't want to have any part of it. Both Brandi and Lisa have agreed that Brandi requested that Lisa not purposely put them in situations together on camera. Lisa claims it is all production, but we also saw Lisa request that Brandi go up and wish Scheana well on her upcoming marriage.  This is a bitch move of the highest order and certainly not something one would expect from a friend. 

This is perhaps the most understandable thing I have ever heard one HW bitch at another HW about. 

Brandi joined a TV show knowing that Lisa, Scheanna's employer, was a part of it and that Lisa's restaurant was featured on the show season 1. Also, after that first sit down between Brandi/Scheanna, Brandi came out smelling like a rose, it was then that Brandi became a clear fan favorite. Then Brandi began loosing fans because of both her on and off camera antics so Lisa suggested that Brandi take the same route, Scheanna, to win back fans. Brandi was too full of herself to realize what was happening, that Lisa was throwing her a life line. It was/is foolish mistake on her, Brandi, part, 1 she will never be able to recover from on the show.

• Love 4

This is a great cast, and it perfectly proves the point that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

I disagree with calling anyone trash no matter how trashy they seem -- it degrades the human spirit and it's obvious to me that the person we see has spent a lot of time in the gutter of self loathing and there is no amount human validation that will cleanse her.

I don't remember anyone on the show calling Brandi "trash," so I am assuming that this refers to my post saying, "Brandi brings the trash level down to a RHONJ-level". I believe that my post was misconstrued. I was not referring to Brandi or anyone on RHONJ as trash. I don't have strong feelings about Brandi, and I don't even think negatively about Brandi as a whole. I judge her actions, but I don't believe that I am in any position to judge her worth as a human being. My point was that Brandi's, "What do you want me to do- eat your pussy?" was a trashy comment on par with table flipping, or well other trashy things that have happened on these shows/franchises. I do not refer to human beings as "trash" but I have referred to actions as being "trashy". To me a trashy action is one that is done without respect for anyone in the room- including yourself. If anyone was offended by my comment I apologize. My intent was to snark on Brandi's "pussy" comment and not anything or anyone else. I aim to be respectful to everyone reading this forum and go out of my way to avoid using charged language. Next time I will use the word "vulgarity" instead to avoid the negative connotations that have been associated with my words.

Anyways, back to the infamous "pussy" comment, (I hate even typing that word) I thought Lisa handled it like a pro. Lisa can be very skillful in regards to how she comes across in social situations. Mileage may vary, but I think Brandi making that comment did bring the BH subset down. For me, BH has always been the RH show that maintained an illusion of glamor.

I like Portia. I actually like Kyle's entire family from what I've seen. They seem normal and they're fun to watch.

• Love 8
I know women now who were actresses and models in ways that no one on earth would ever remember.  They were gorgeous and working in the 70s and 80s and that was it.

I know a couple of women who were successful models in those years. One made it quite big. She now lives in L.A. and still models while also doing some acting. She has appeared  on several TV shows -- the kind like "Law & Order" where you do one appearance, no recurring roles -- and she's been in a couple of feature films. However, her acting career has never taken off and the modeling is winding down -- she now gets "attractive, mature woman" parts/shoots. I'm mentioning this because there are probably several thousand women and men like this just in L.A. alone, people who were success and had some level of "fame" when they were young and beautiful, yet now they are aging and trying to stay in the business and it's much harder. I'm not surprised that Lisa R. joined this cast. She really does hustle! And besides "Mad Men", Harry also had a small recurring role (was in 4 of 10 episodes) on "Rush" this past fall, and was in several episodes of "Shameless" in recent years. He's kept working as well, just isn't as famous as when he was young. 

Add regret and guilt to Kim's grief.

Yes, this is why I give Kim a break on the tears. She probably got sober and now has to face the fact that she was dazed and confused for big portions of her kids' lives. Maybe a lot of the time she was functional, but she wasn't really "there" if she was, for example, getting drunk every day from 5pm onward or zoning out on pills. A very difficult thing go face, then she's also dealing with her ex-husband's serious and likely terminal illness, and a first wedding for one of her children. Lots of big events going on, and Kim is at the time of life when she may also be having mood swings due to changing hormones as well.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 2

I am not sure that either Lisa or Kyle would seek employment on a TV show that prominently features the boss/employer of their husbands mistress/flame  like Brandi did.  

Brandi joined a TV show knowing that Lisa, Scheanna's employer, was a part of it and that Lisa's restaurant was featured on the show season 1. Also, after that first sit down between Brandi/Scheanna, Brandi came out smelling like a rose, it was then that Brandi became a clear fan favorite. Then Brandi began loosing fans because of both her on and off camera antics so Lisa suggested that Brandi take the same route, Scheanna, to win back fans. Brandi was too full of herself to realize what was happening, that Lisa was throwing her a life line. It was/is foolish mistake on her, Brandi, part, 1 she will never be able to recover from on the show.

Had Brandi lost a bunch of fans by this time? I don't remember Brandi having issues with the vast majority of fans until she turned on Lisa. Prior to that she was still beloved. It was actually astonishing to read the blogs at the time, because most people over there either didn't know, or didn't care about Brandi and her tampon reveal. She did get some minor grief about the way she treated Joyce, but really not very much. Lisa seemed on board with her behavior and just laughed like a loon at Brandi's antics, which made a lot of folks actually defend Brandi and agree that Joyce must just be horrible. She was only turned against when she turned against Lisa, which she hadn't done at the point where Lisa asked Brandi to wish Scheana well.

As I mentioned before, Lisa openly admits that Brandi asked her to stop bringing Scheana around after a point. Lisa said it was out of her control.  If it was all about Lisa trying to "help" Brandi and give her the opportunity for redemption (which I don't believe was necessary at that point), then why not clue Brandi in? She was always open in the past about trying to tutor Brandi in the art of not being an asshole. Why not be open and say "hey, you could look like the bigger person here, so just go with it"? Lisa is busted on this and I think that she knows it. She will be fine however because Brandi is a bigger asshole. 

• Love 4

Had Brandi lost a bunch of fans by this time? I don't remember Brandi having issues with the vast majority of fans until she turned on Lisa. Prior to that she was still beloved. It was actually astonishing to read the blogs at the time, because most people over there either didn't know, or didn't care about Brandi and her tampon reveal. She did get some minor grief about the way she treated Joyce, but really not very much. Lisa seemed on board with her behavior and just laughed like a loon at Brandi's antics, which made a lot of folks actually defend Brandi and agree that Joyce must just be horrible. She was only turned against when she turned against Lisa, which she hadn't done at the point where Lisa asked Brandi to wish Scheana well.

As I mentioned before, Lisa openly admits that Brandi asked her to stop bringing Scheana around after a point. Lisa said it was out of her control.  If it was all about Lisa trying to "help" Brandi and give her the opportunity for redemption (which I don't believe was necessary at that point), then why not clue Brandi in? She was always open in the past about trying to tutor Brandi in the art of not being an asshole. Why not be open and say "hey, you could look like the bigger person here, so just go with it"? Lisa is busted on this and I think that she knows it. She will be fine however because Brandi is a bigger asshole. 

I do think Lisa knew there would be a backlash against Brandi during filming last season. Actually, Lisa did say to Brandi to be the "bigger person" and to wish Scheanna congrats. LOL

• Love 1

Lisa's blog is up and it is pretty interesting. She makes some good, valid points, just as she always does.  Per usual, she also throws in some stuff that just flat out isn't true, I guess hoping that folks either don't remember, or are just willing to take her word for it. This, for instance:

"When I first met Brandi and she was desperate to join the group of women, nobody but me embraced her."

Lisa said this last year as well.  She can continue to keep saying it, but it will never be true. Maybe since Adrienne and Camille are no longer on the show she has just decided to forget they ever existed or played any role at all?

My favorite part of her blog,  however, is this tidbit:

"I would say contrary to the little bitchy comments about holding a grudge, I would like to explain my sentiments. I believe if someone truly hurts you, unintentionally of course, you can forgive them, but if somebody calculatedly tries everything In their power to destroy your reputation, I would say forgiveness is not an option. One would be foolish to embrace them into your life again."

Is it possible that Lisa has just completely forgotten what she said about Kyle and Mauricio? Not just on the reunion stage, but also later the next season when she had tea with Brandi and Yo? Has she forgotten that she didn't apologize for this at the time, nor for a year after? She didn't say she was wrong in any of her blogs, she didn't tweet an apology, she didn't give any interviews that said she had misspoken. Nothing. Nada. Zip. When Kyle tried to talk to her about how she had hurt her with that statement, Lisa waived her hand and said her usual stuff about "let's just move on". It took an entire year for her to say she was sorry and that she hadn't meant what she said.  Does she think folks don't believe that what she said was designed to hurt Kyle and Mauricio's reputation? The comment might not have impacted his business (neither did the comments by Brandi or Adrienne about Lisa), but it certainly hurt Kyle in the eyes of so many people who watch that show. With one hateful comment - one that she admitted was not true a year later - the narrative about K&M turned almost totally into what "users" they both were. This charge was made again and again all season last year and Lisa said not one word to stop it.  Funny how she now seems to think that a person who tries to destroy your reputation should never be forgiven. 

• Love 12

I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that Brandi was a fan favorite, so people were going out of their way to give her the benefit of the doubt.  I know I tried to do that with NeNe on RHOA, but it gets to a point where you realize the person is vile. I actually liked Brandi her first season, but after her behavior with Joyce, I was pretty much done.  Joyce had done nothing for that type of treatment from anyone.  Even with Kyle and Kim, who were incredibly awful to Brandi during game night, I could maybe see why they went in with some bias.  

I think the final straw was when Brandi turned on Lisa.  We can talk about the goings on behind the scenes, but what most viewers saw was Lisa going out of her way to support and befriend Brandi when nobody else would.  It looked like a huge betrayal, especially when Brandi went to Kyle, who she previously loathed, to talk nasty about Lisa.  I am supposed to believe that Brandi felt terrible about what Lisa was supposedly doing to Kyle?  Nope.  Brandi has said some truly awful things to and about Kyle.  And, her dislike of Kyle came from Kyle's own behavior during Brandi's rookie season, not from anything Lisa said to her.

If this really was all about Scheana, then why was Brandi giving interviews saying that she really had no problem being in the same room with her after the sit down?  Plus, Brandi's reasons for being angry with Lisa were just all over the place.  It was Scheana! No, it was Lisa's mothering! No, it was using Brandi as a pawn!

• Love 8

Is it possible that Lisa has just completely forgotten what she said about Kyle and Mauricio? Not just on the reunion stage, but also later the next season when she had tea with Brandi and Yo? Has she forgotten that she didn't apologize for this at the time, nor for a year after? She didn't say she was wrong in any of her blogs, she didn't tweet an apology, she didn't give any interviews that said she had misspoken. Nothing. Nada. Zip. When Kyle tried to talk to her about how she had hurt her with that statement, Lisa waived her hand and said her usual stuff about "let's just move on". It took an entire year for her to say she was sorry and that she hadn't meant what she said.  Does she think folks don't believe that what she said was designed to hurt Kyle and Mauricio's reputation? The comment might not have impacted his business (neither did the comments by Brandi or Adrienne about Lisa), but it certainly hurt Kyle in the eyes of so many people who watch that show. With one hateful comment - one that she admitted was not true a year later - the narrative about K&M turned almost totally into what "users" they both were. This charge was made again and again all season last year and Lisa said not one word to stop it.  Funny how she now seems to think that a person who tries to destroy your reputation should never be forgiven.

Yes, and Kyle also said some really hurtful things about Lisa long before these comments were made.  Calling Lisa Bobby Fisher, accusing her of preying on the weak, and staying completely silent as Lisa was accused of selling stories to the tabloids (by Taylor during the season and Adrienne at the reunion).  Did that not also hurt her reputation?

I mean, damn, at least Lisa finally conceded that what she said probably wasn't true, but how she felt at the time.  A lot of people felt that at the time, long before Lisa said it.  Kyle hasn't said anything in the way of an apology. Not once.

• Love 6

The irony is that I would say Lisa Rinna is probably more of a well known name. I honestly had no idea who Eileen Davidson is, since I don't watch daytime soaps. Yet it is her who was able to command the well-publicized $750,000 salary from BRAVO to sign to RHOBH, rumored to be the highest paid of the cast. The others earn between $450,000 and $500,000 for the season.

Lisar was also the more recognizable name (and face) for me, although I didn't put the name and face together until I looked her up for this. Her innumerable reality and talk appearances have definitely kept her name and face in the public consciousness; I probably recognize her from the season she judged "Snatch Game" on RPDR. Otherwise, I (and most people under 28 or so) would probably not know her from her '90s TV fame. Her appearances "as herself" may not have endeared her to casting directors for scripted TV, but they've certainly kept her out of the cobwebs and helped her get endorsements.

I knew Eileen's name but not the face (I had a coworker in college obsessed with soaps...) I'm not too surprised that she's getting paid so much more than Lisar if I think about it, but I was initially puzzled by that too. Maybe Eileen demanded pay for her time commitment commensurate with her current network TV salary? Lisar has basically done reality for the past 13 years, which pays terribly, so her recent salary history is low.

• Love 1

Yes, and Kyle also said some really hurtful things about Lisa long before these comments were made.  Calling Lisa Bobby Fisher, accusing her of preying on the weak, and staying completely silent as Lisa was accused of selling stories to the tabloids (by Taylor during the season and Adrienne at the reunion).  Did that not also hurt her reputation?

I mean, damn, at least Lisa finally conceded that what she said probably wasn't true, but how she felt at the time.  A lot of people felt that at the time, long before Lisa said it.  Kyle hasn't said anything in the way of an apology. Not once.

But did any of those things hurt Lisa's reputation? Was there a huge backlash against Lisa because of any of these comments? I think Kyle said things that she believed to be true about Lisa. Was that nice? Not at all, but she wasn't saying things to hurt her that she didn't think were true. There is a huge different IMO. Lisa knew the truth about her relationship with K&M, yet she still said something horrible that she knew would hurt them. Even worse she let it go on for so long, not clearing it up, while K&M got hammered away at by fans for an entire year. 

My original point, however, was that Lisa acts like she is this victim of something that has never happened to anyone else before, and certainly not a sin that she herself is guilty of. She speaks of harming a person's reputation like it something so distasteful and unforgivable, and certainly not something she would ever be involved in, when the reality is something not only quite different, but well documented on film.  

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

What is so hard about laundry?  Read the tags, follow the directions.  It's ridiculous how some people treat it like it's something huge.

Thank you! 

I don't even remember my parents teaching me to do laundry.  I just watched them, asked a couple of questions and "Voila!" laundry was done.  Heck, the instructions are right there on the washing machine.  

• Love 4

Lisa's blog is up and it is pretty interesting. She makes some good, valid points, just as she always does.  Per usual, she also throws in some stuff that just flat out isn't true, I guess hoping that folks either don't remember, or are just willing to take her word for it. This, for instance:

"When I first met Brandi and she was desperate to join the group of women, nobody but me embraced her."

Lisa said this last year as well.  She can continue to keep saying it, but it will never be true. Maybe since Adrienne and Camille are no longer on the show she has just decided to forget they ever existed or played any role at all?

My favorite part of her blog,  however, is this tidbit:

"I would say contrary to the little bitchy comments about holding a grudge, I would like to explain my sentiments. I believe if someone truly hurts you, unintentionally of course, you can forgive them, but if somebody calculatedly tries everything In their power to destroy your reputation, I would say forgiveness is not an option. One would be foolish to embrace them into your life again."

Is it possible that Lisa has just completely forgotten what she said about Kyle and Mauricio? Not just on the reunion stage, but also later the next season when she had tea with Brandi and Yo? Has she forgotten that she didn't apologize for this at the time, nor for a year after? She didn't say she was wrong in any of her blogs, she didn't tweet an apology, she didn't give any interviews that said she had misspoken. Nothing. Nada. Zip. When Kyle tried to talk to her about how she had hurt her with that statement, Lisa waived her hand and said her usual stuff about "let's just move on". It took an entire year for her to say she was sorry and that she hadn't meant what she said.  Does she think folks don't believe that what she said was designed to hurt Kyle and Mauricio's reputation? The comment might not have impacted his business (neither did the comments by Brandi or Adrienne about Lisa), but it certainly hurt Kyle in the eyes of so many people who watch that show. With one hateful comment - one that she admitted was not true a year later - the narrative about K&M turned almost totally into what "users" they both were. This charge was made again and again all season last year and Lisa said not one word to stop it.  Funny how she now seems to think that a person who tries to destroy your reputation should never be forgiven. 

First, Adrienne was not Brandi's friend at any time. Adrienne introduced her to the cast, per production orders, then let her swim or sink on her own. Neither Adrienne or Camille defended Brandi her first season. No one came to Brandi's defense until after game night and that was Lisa, otherwise Brandi was pretty much on her own her first season on the show. Lisa was the first to fully accept Brandi, warts and all.

Lisa did apologize to Kyle for her comments at the reunion last season. Has Kyle apologized for feeding Brandi false info about Lisa/Ken concerning BK? Ummmm, NO, she has not! LOL

• Love 4

But did any of those things hurt Lisa's reputation? Was there a huge backlash against Lisa because of any of these comments? And were they said to hurt Lisa's reputation? Kyle explained her Bobby Fischer and preying on the weak comment. She tried to talk to Lisa about them many times. She listened as Lisa talked about being hurt. So much so that Lisa wanted her to shut up about them. Kyle never tried to sweep anything  under the rug at all. She wanted to address it. Regarding the magazine deal, they all thought that Lisa was selling stories (she probably was). I don't think anyone thought that was a big deal. Adrienne apologized right on the stage.

Again, none of these things hurt Lisa. Kyle didn't go on for a year and let Lisa get banged away at by fans for something she didn't believe. Kyle apparently believed everything that she said about Lisa. Lisa didn't believe what she said about Kyle, as she has admitted, yet she let her get hammered away at for a year, no doubt enjoying it all the while. 

Mauricio is one of the top 5 realtors in the country.  He wasn't hurt by Lisa's comments.  Not one bit.

So, if the argument is that what was said hurt their reputations, then I'd say they are equal in that regard.  If it is about the comments potentially hurting their reputations, then yep, it's all equal.

Why do you say Lisa said something she didn't believe? She made it clear that she didn't believe it at the reunion, but also made it clear that is how she felt at the time. So, at the time she said it, she believed it.  

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 3

Lisa did apologize to Kyle for her comments at the reunion last season. Has Kyle apologized for feeding Brandi false info about Lisa/Ken concerning BK? Ummmm, NO, she has not! LOL

This is something else that feels odd.  Kyle acted innocent when Brandi said she received her info from Kyle, and yet, here they are, still good friends at the beginning of the season.  Why on earth would Kyle continue to befriend Brandi after accusing her of something she didn't do? Something stinks.

• Love 2

But did any of those things hurt Lisa's reputation? Was there a huge backlash against Lisa because of any of these comments? I think Kyle said things that she believed to be true about Lisa. Was that nice? Not at all, but she wasn't saying things to hurt her that she didn't think were true. There is a huge different IMO. Lisa knew the truth about her relationship with K&M, yet she still said something horrible that she knew would hurt them. Even worse she let it go on for so long, not clearing it up, while K&M got hammered away at by fans for an entire year. 

My original point, however, was that Lisa acts like she is this victim of something that has never happened to anyone else before, and certainly not a sin that she herself is guilty of. She speaks of harming a person's reputation like it something so distasteful and unforgivable, and certainly not something she would ever be involved in, when the reality is something not only quite different, but well documented on film.  

Actually, when Lisa and Kyle met to talk about Kyles comment, all Kyle kept saying was that is how she felt. She never gave any examples of what made her feel that way and when Lisa tried to explain how it hut her, Kyle just kept repeating "but that's how I felt" over and over. Kyle never apologized to Lisa, she just kept justifying her own feelings and never validated Lisa's hurt feelings.

There has been NO backlash against Mauricio either that any of us has heard/read. There has been no damage to his reputation/business at all according to what Kyle has said since episode 1 this season! LOL

• Love 4
I got called an idiot with no apology for saying this in another thread, but here goes. I think anything meant meanly is rude and hurtful to say to another person. However, I think comments against those with a larger size carry more punch because unlike thin people they don't really get many positive comments. Very thin people get to be/see models who look like them and witness a lot of skinny glorification. I don't condone anything mean being said, but it's just different. Larger people are actively discriminated against in a systemic fashion. To me, it's like any marginalized group. Yes, mean things are said to white, straight men. And that's bad. But, it still just doesn't have the same sting when said to a person of color, GLBT, or a woman.

I'm not about to call you an idiot or any other name because you seem like a nice enough person. However, I am not cool with assuming that I know how much or how little "sting" someone who isn't me feels when on the receiving end of rudeness...even if that individual is part of a group that enjoys more privilege than I do. In fact, isn't applying a blanket assumption to an entire group the very meaning of bigotry? Anyway, I don't think you're a bigot; I just think that a 110-pound chick can feel just as shitty as a 250-pound one when someone offers an unsolicited "Are you anorexic?"…or the ever-classy throat-poking finger motion.

That said, Lisa's daughters were being pretty assy. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

This is something else that feels odd.  Kyle acted innocent when Brandi said she received her info from Kyle, and yet, here they are, still good friends at the beginning of the season.  Why on earth would Kyle continue to befriend Brandi after accusing her of something she didn't do? Something stinks.

Because the info did start with Kyle but it was most likely Kim that heard it from Kyle and then told Brandi! Kyle was not going to out her sister again no matter what!

• Love 1

I'm not about to call you an idiot or any other name because you seem like a nice enough person. However, I am not cool with assuming that I know how much or how little "sting" someone who isn't me feels when on the receiving end of rudeness...even if that individual is part of a group that enjoys more privilege than I do. In fact, isn't applying a blanket assumption to an entire group the very meaning of bigotry? Anyway, I don't think you're a bigot; I just think that a 110-pound chick can feel just as shitty as a 250-pound one when someone offers an unsolicited "Are you anorexic?"…or the ever-classy throat-poking finger motion.

Yup. This is coming someone who has been skinny all of her life and has to endure the "she's probably going to the bathroom to throw up" comments.  How flattering to tell me I look sick.  I find commenting on anyone's body incredibly insulting.  I am not about to compare the things I've heard to what people who are overweight have had to endure, but body image is a damn personal thing. Women, no matter their weight, have body image issues.

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 5

YES! And, while I do remember these things being said and while there have been times that the remarks really began to pile up and get to me, I'm one of the lucky ones who, for the most part, doesn't care too much and will just say (to myself, usually) "...eh, fuck it." But the fact that I do clearly remember things like this makes me wonder how someone more sensitive must feel when the remarks get darker than those old "innocent" standbys, "Do you, like, ever eat?" and "You aren't 95 pounds soaking wet!" (I certainly do, and yes, I am too, and then some!)

I mean, my BF is a white man. If someone ran up to him and accused him--the individual--of being a raging racist and rapist and whatever else, I'd be very upset at that person on his behalf! (This is a terrible example, if only because the picture I've created in my head of this scenario is actually making me laugh as opposed to feeling horrified or angry…especially since my BF, at the moment, is passed out on the couch completely oblivious and snoring. It's so annoying that I might yell that at him.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

Who can say Brandi was made to interact (two times, was it?) with Scheana? Ultimately, Brandi is the one who chose to film with Scheana - nobody can force any of these women to do anything against their will. Since the supposed cannon of truth couldn't muster a characteristic "Fuck you, I'm not talking to that whore" at the time, then she can miss me with any boohooing over her ex-husband's ex-mistress working or socializing in the same vicinity.

If Lisa tried everything in her power to destroy Maurice's reputation, then her pink magic wand needs a tune-up.

• Love 7

YES! And, while I do remember these things being said and while there have been times that the remarks really began to pile up and get to me, I'm one of the lucky ones who, for the most part, doesn't care too much and will just say (to myself, usually) "...eh, fuck it." But the fact that I do clearly remember things like this makes me wonder how someone more sensitive must feel when the remarks get darker than those old "innocent" standbys, "Do you, like, ever eat?" and "You aren't 95 pounds soaking wet!" (I certainly do, and yes, I am too, and then some!)

My favorite is that after you make it clear the comments were hurtful, it becomes a compliment. Yes, telling me that I go to throw up every time I go to the bathroom is a damn compliment. See? You are skinny and we are just jelly!  All this is to say that commenting on a woman's body negatively, rather overly thin or overly obese is not okay. 

Ugh, I know we are getting off topic, so I'll stop now.  

• Love 2

I think the bankruptcy comment has been blown out of proportion.  Brandi initially said, "Ken and Lisa were near bankruptcy and living deep in the valley."  Kyle denied the BK portion of the statement and claimed Ken had said they had lived in the valley.  So Kyle did deny the bankruptcy portion and Lisa must have believed her.  As far as the show goes-Lisa brought the comment up it was never on screen.  Lisa is the one who continues with the umbrage and talking about bankruptcy and the tabloid rumors. 

Just because you smear someone's character and there is no apparent harm doesn't mean it is okay to say it.  What Ken and Lisa said was unconscionable about Mauricio and his business relationships.  I think a lesson was well learned by both Ken and Lisa and jumping to someone's defense without being aware of all the facts and I just hope Ken watches closely the reruns when he insults both Paul and Mauricio with his idiotic comments in defense of Brandi.  There is your girl Brandi-how is that working out for you, Ken? I can see where Lisa wanted everyone of the women to turn on Adrienne but I think they just felt discretion was the better part of valor.  Lisa can certainly defend herself  and in fact said just this season she doesn't need girlfriends in the background.  Camille and Kyle had heard the rumors from the same source, what was later determined to be the "fake" Radar On Line reporter. 

Since Lisa and Kyle have apparently patched things up-these past tiffs are really only fodder if one or the other continues to dwell on them.  A lesson should have been learned from the Camille/Kyle drama move on and don't keep bringing it up.  I am just hoping that Kyle and Lisa can go back to be good friends without all the nonsense.  It was fun seeing them on Episode 1 Season 1 this afternoon. Well, except for woeful Kim.

• Love 5

Who can say Brandi was made to interact (two times, was it?) with Scheana? Ultimately, Brandi is the one who chose to film with Scheana - nobody can force any of these women to do anything against their will. Since the supposed cannon of truth couldn't muster a characteristic "Fuck you, I'm not talking to that whore" at the time, then she can miss me with any boohooing over her ex-husband's ex-mistress working or socializing in the same vicinity.

If Lisa tried everything in her power to destroy Maurice's reputation, then her pink magic wand needs a tune-up.

There does seem to be this attitude that Lisa has a lot of power at Bravo.  No, she's just another dancing monkey like the rest of them. Lisa has a marginally successful show on Bravo where she is a producer, which simply means she gets more money.  Bravo pulls the strings. If production wanted Scheana at the party as a cross promotion, then Scheana will be there. Brandi knows this and accepts it as part of her paycheck. To play this as Lisa's machinations behind the scenes is ridiculous. 

• Love 6

First, Adrienne was not Brandi's friend at any time. Adrienne introduced her to the cast, per production orders, then let her swim or sink on her own. Neither Adrienne or Camille defended Brandi her first season. No one came to Brandi's defense until after game night and that was Lisa, otherwise Brandi was pretty much on her own her first season on the show. Lisa was the first to fully accept Brandi, warts and all.

Replying on Lisa's thread....

From my understanding, people have to donate or have a bucket of ice dumped on them.  I never understood why all of these celebs got ice dumped on them if they were planning on donating.

I did it last summer and it was presented that you accept the ice dump challenge and with that you donate a minimum of $5. Most people I know donated $20. You could easily donate through paypal or amazon. 

• Love 1

That said, Lisa's daughters were being pretty assy.

I'm truly sorry you went through that. I do understand. One of the reasons I got kicked out of my school program was because a group of female students thought I was anorexic, which wouldn't fly in that program.

I keep telling myself I'm going to stop watching these shows because they upset me, but I never do.

It's neat this year to see more of the women with shorter hair.

I hope Brandi can stay in her house several years at least.

• Love 2