Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Are there any sources for this total revamp that kicks everyone but Scheana off the show? I have yet to see anything saying that and I do a daily check on VPR shenanigans because I love me a good dumpster fire. I'm having trouble believing this without an actual link to the stories. 

The only rumor I've seen (and I think it's still unconfirmed) is that Villa Blanca is closing for good. 

The source is a post on celebmagazine.com  a reality tv blog. They do not proffer any proof so it is all rumor and speculation. Although it does make sense.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

I can't stand either of them. I was just watching to see Jax's marriage implode. sadly may not get to see it.

Can't believe that they've already been married for a year. Eeeek!!!

LVP and Ken have been trying to sell Villa Blanca for a while with no takers so it’s hardly surprising it’s not coming back. I don’t think it means anything for SUR or Pump. They may close too but the fact that Villa Blanca did doesn’t increase the odds. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I hope TomTom will be okay.  LVP can recover financially after shutting down these places but not sure the Toms can, especially if VPR gets completely revamped with only Scheana staying on.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, glowbug said:

LVP and Ken have been trying to sell Villa Blanca for a while with no takers so it’s hardly surprising it’s not coming back. I don’t think it means anything for SUR or Pump. They may close too but the fact that Villa Blanca did doesn’t increase the odds. 

The shaky restaurants like Villa Blanca are all write offs now. But with the Governor shutting them down again marginal joints will also slide into bankruptcy. SUR, Pump and Tom Tom will suffer from the total lack of tourism and the attacks on diners as the woke berate people just trying to have a goat cheese ball. They are sure to be targets and will not survive these twin hits.

Add in Ken’s recent back surgery and it seems likely that they might step back and cash out.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2020 at 9:57 PM, Callaphera said:

Are there any sources for this total revamp that kicks everyone but Scheana off the show? I have yet to see anything saying that and I do a daily check on VPR shenanigans because I love me a good dumpster fire. I'm having trouble believing this without an actual link to the stories. 

The only rumor I've seen (and I think it's still unconfirmed) is that Villa Blanca is closing for good. 

My theory is that all in the entertainment biz put stories out as-needed to gain attention of some form or another at important times.  Bravo is no exception.  I think they intentionally drop rumors and such to guage fan reaction.   The moving-to-Vegas rumor smacks of that, IMO.

I could see it happening, but I'll believe it when I see it.  One thing that might lean in that direction is that Las Vegas is "open" and could perhaps hold such a show whereas I'm not sure LA could just yet.  Hollywood is still figuring out how to do things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/8/2020 at 1:15 AM, 2dogmom said:

I can't stand either of them. I was just watching to see Jax's marriage implode. sadly may not get to see it.

All hope is not necessarily lost - if they can find someone to film and air it, you will get to see it 😄 

2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Vegas can only survive with tourism so they will do why they have to do and accommodate filming and tourist attractions.

LA not so much. The government is too arrogant and anti-business to care.

But I hear your governor's winery is still open for business?  Maybe he has a bunch of out of control staff that would like to be on tv?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, princelina said:
5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

But I hear your governor's winery is still open for business?  Maybe he has a bunch of out of control staff that would like to be on tv?

Because it’s located in a county that meets the requirements for reopening and isn’t showing a rapid spike in cases. 

Vegas would allow production of this show so fast that I am shocked they aren’t already filming if that is the direction it’s going in.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Kyle Richards is in the news gloating over the announcement that Villa Blanca has closed permanently.

There are many like Kyle who would applaud the failure of LVP’s restaurants despite the fact that so many  regular people will be out of work.

• Love 2
On 7/11/2020 at 2:11 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kyle Richards is in the news gloating over the announcement that Villa Blanca has closed permanently.

She's a pig. Actually, that's insulting AF to pigs. She's the scum under the scum bucket. She's a nasty bitch and years after she went after her own psycho sister, we now all see her for the narcissistic piece of shite that she really is. Living with her must be insufferable, no wonder Mo is always baked.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 7/12/2020 at 6:41 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

She didnt gloat. She gave a two sentence answer to a question Andy asked, simply saying that so many restaurants have been hit in Hollywood that it didn't surprise her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, gingerella said:

She's a pig. Actually, that's insulting AF to pigs. She's the scum under the scum bucket. She's a nasty bitch and years after she went after her own psycho sister, we now all see her for the narcissistic piece of shite that she really is. Living with her must be insufferable, no wonder Mo is always baked.

9 hours ago, Iris987 said:

She didnt gloat. She gave a two sentence answer to a question Andy asked, simply saying that so many restaurants have been hit in Hollywood that it didn't surprise her. 

Smh lol. Some people need to do their own research before going on a vitriolic tirade.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Smh lol. Some people need to do their own research before going on a vitriolic tirade.

No need for any research on my comments as they were based on what I've seen on the show and her awful devolving behavior - it has nothing to do with anyone else's comments here, but thank you for reading, cheers to that!

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't really like Kyle either. It just wasn't accurate to say she was stache twirling about Villa Blanca and its demise because she wasn't (I know you didn't make the original comment). Now if it had been Rinna....

Back on topic- I think Villa Blanca was destined to end regardless of Covid. Hasn't she been trying to sell it ever since that sexual harassment suit she lost? I don't know anything about West Hollywood real estate but I always got the impression it was a money pit. She barely ever mentions it on VPR or RHOBH and the reviews are fairly terrible. I think she was happy a pandemic came along to help her save face about shutting down a pretty severe albatross around her neck.

Edited by Iris987
autocorrect
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

The announcement of the new “Vanderpump Dogs” reality show on the new NBC streaming Peacock Network should serve as a shot across the bow of Bravo.

LVP is one of the few Bravo stars strong enough and with a big enough fan base to transfer to another network.

If this show succeeds I can easily see a new version of Vanderpump Rules with a different name but several of the old names in it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The announcement of the new “Vanderpump Dogs” reality show on the new NBC streaming Peacock Network should serve as a shot across the bow of Bravo.

LVP is one of the few Bravo stars strong enough and with a big enough fan base to transfer to another network.

If this show succeeds I can easily see a new version of Vanderpump Rules with a different name but several of the old names in it.

NBC Univeral owns Bravo so it’s not really a different network. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Has Vanderpump Rules been officially cancelled?

No. It also hasn’t been officially renewed though Bravo often doesn’t announce either of those things. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No. It also hasn’t been officially renewed though Bravo often doesn’t announce either of those things. 

Thanks.  I suppose much depends on the future of Covid.  I was reading that vaccines only work on about 40% of the population.  This thing is here to stay, I feel :(.

Vanderpump Dogs might not have any crossovers from Vanderpump Rules since the chuckleheads are under contract to Bravo.

Except for those people who were already fired by Bravo.

That would be interesting and definitely controversial enough to give the show some buzz.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, Marley said:

Oh god Vanderpump dogs with the douche John guy. I forget his whole name. Sounds like garbage. And another streaming service wtf no there’s too many!

If it means I have to pay for a subscription, I'm definately out.   You are right.  There are way too many options out there, and I'd go broke paying for subscriptions to them all - or even just a handful. 

If the show were free, I'd give it a try.  You never know what works ... although at face value, it doesn't sound all that great.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6

It seems that the come on is that it is free and extra content is behind a paywall. 

Streaming is the future. People are going to cut the cord and just collect streaming services. Both networks and basic cable will be a thing of the past. Everyone will have the Firestick on their smart TVs. When you download Amazon Prime you get a lot of free content and a lot you have to pay for and that is the model this new service will follow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yea I know streaming is the way it’s going but with all the streaming services it’s gonna end up being more than what cable costs. I have a few but there’s like a million out there.

• Love 8
On 7/18/2020 at 1:51 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Except for those people who were already fired by Bravo.

As noted they are literally part of the same company and Peacock is streaming a ton of Bravo and other NBC Universal content like shows from E! so it’s extremely unlikely that they wouldn’t allow and most likely will encourage cross promotion. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

As noted they are literally part of the same company and Peacock is streaming a ton of Bravo and other NBC Universal content like shows from E! so it’s extremely unlikely that they wouldn’t allow and most likely will encourage cross promotion. 

I don’t know about that. The people who were fired from Vanderpump rules will not be appearing on that show any time soon.

But I can definitely see a Stassi and Beau appearance on Vanderpump Dogs. 

“Stassi Selects a Schnauzer!”

• LOL 3

I have no desire to watch Vander Pump Dogs. I doubt it's going to focus on animal rescue/welfare. It will be LaLa selling pink tutus for pomeranians and the 2 Johns trying to become famous.

What a waste of time when there are so many animal  rescue places that really deserve to be recognized and helped for their tireless efforts. But no....we are getting Lisa, LaLa and specific dog breeds that LVP  finds endearing. Maybe Pinky should start rescuing ALL breeds. Including mutts. Lisa is trash. Just MOO. Not intending to piss off Lisa lovers.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe Pinky should start rescuing ALL breeds. Including mutts. Lisa is trash. Just MOO. Not intending to piss off Lisa lovers.

I enjoyed Lisa in Housewives context, but I don't think I'd be entertained by a show about her dog "rescue". As much as I adore dogs, I'm not fond of the tiny yappers she seems to favour exclusively, and I certainly wouldn't be interested in the human element either. Hard pass.

• Love 10

No one has to watch if they don’t want too just as no one has to watch Vanderpump Rules.

LVP has more than enough fans to get healthy ratings. If she mixes staff drama with adoption stories it could be a pretty good show.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

No one has to watch if they don’t want too just as no one has to watch Vanderpump Rules.

LVP has more than enough fans to get healthy ratings. If she mixes staff drama with adoption stories it could be a pretty good show.

Depending on who the staff is . . .

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/21/2020 at 7:27 PM, chenoa333 said:

It will be LaLa selling pink tutus for pomeranians and the 2 Johns trying to become famous.

What a waste of time when there are so many animal  rescue places that really deserve to be recognized and helped for their tireless efforts. But no....we are getting Lisa, LaLa and specific dog breeds that LVP  finds endearing. Maybe Pinky should start rescuing ALL breeds. Including mutts. 

On 7/22/2020 at 2:13 AM, Cheezwiz said:

As much as I adore dogs, I'm not fond of the tiny yappers she seems to favour exclusively

Oh God... I think you’re right, Chenoa... I can see Lala dressing up dogs in tutus and that’s not a show I really want to see either. I do think (hope?) Lisa rescues mutts and big dogs too, but they aren’t featured on the show (which is a problem). As the mom of big (rescued) mutt, that’s what I would like to see.

On a slightly off-topic note, I saw this headline and all I could think of was Britney and her potential life without VPR...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/miss-kentucky-ramsey-bearse-trnd/index.html9290B31B-A133-41C5-B59E-31F2CDD1D3C8.thumb.jpeg.164307ae02028f73df738757d32bc82b.jpeg

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

Oh God... I think you’re right, Chenoa... I can see Lala dressing up dogs in tutus and that’s not a show I really want to see either. I do think (hope?) Lisa rescues mutts and big dogs too, but they aren’t featured on the show (which is a problem). As the mom of big (rescued) mutt, that’s what I would like to see.

On a slightly off-topic note, I saw this headline and all I could think of was Britney and her potential life without VPR...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/miss-kentucky-ramsey-bearse-trnd/index.html9290B31B-A133-41C5-B59E-31F2CDD1D3C8.thumb.jpeg.164307ae02028f73df738757d32bc82b.jpeg

I guess being pretty doesn't count for many points to become "miss Kentucky". Maybe she did an awesome tap dancing routine in the "talent" round? 

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 7/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Absolutely agree. However, I'm going to watch and come to every LVP thread on PT forums to snark and bitch about Pinky! 

I have no desire to watch all things Pinky because I like her, I will watch occasionally because I dislike her.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Absolutely agree. However, I'm going to watch and come to every LVP thread on PT forums to snark and bitch about Pinky! 

I have no desire to watch all things Pinky because I like her, I will watch occasionally because I dislike her.

This sounds like how we WW watch lol. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Really LaLa? It took you all this (wasted) time to figure out your life is a mess? The rest of us knew it from the jump. Go film for VanDerPump Dogs and STFU.

I can't remember what cable network it was (showtime? hbo?) but they had a movie on a couple weeks ago (forgot the name of it) starring LaLa and Pudgesicle Randall. I was going to watch a bit of it but changed my mind. I have better things to do.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2

She does this regularly many thimes  no one notices it and the message she posted is the 4th step in AA. Lala is trash but the fact that people jump on the second of her IG, like posted in under 10 minutes was a pic of her and his kids. 
Is it for attention? Perhaps but the several websites freaking out over a less than ten minutes on her life that a lot of people do pay attention to her.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She does this regularly many thimes  no one notices it and the message she posted is the 4th step in AA. Lala is trash but the fact that people jump on the second of her IG, like posted in under 10 minutes was a pic of her and his kids. 
Is it for attention? Perhaps but the several websites freaking out over a less than ten minutes on her life that a lot of people do pay attention to her.

This pic really says it all...how dehydrated can a gal really be? Not getting enough attention this week, I guess.
And the word “petty” didn’t really enter my mind after I saw LaLa’s antics here; I did think of the words, “childish”, “immature”, “deranged”, “doomed”, etc.

((also, getting your partner’s name tatted on yourself means nothing; just ask Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Melanie Griffith, Jax Taylor, etc.))

C868724C-5C8A-41D7-A3F9-03D74CE2FCEE.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:07 PM, chenoa333 said:

There's something really "off" about that kid. He appears as though he's reading off a script. 

Like someone is grooming him for the next future season of VPR. That kid is weird. Im not a child hater but he just seems so fake. Perfect for VPR.

I've never liked Nikoli since he first appeared in the first season of this show!

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 3:19 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

It has been reported in a couple of tabloids that they are going to totally revamp Vanderpump Rules. They are going to drop the entire cast except for Scheana and move the show to Vegas with all new people without baggage. 

This seems like an excellent idea. I think it is quite possible that some of LVP’s restaurants in LA will never come back. The tourist trade is basically over in LA since the dual attacks of COVID and Mob rule would preclude star struck Middle Westerners from coming to her joints which I think is the majority of her business. The ultra woke will boycott her and I bet a bunch of them will go inside to lecture  and disrupt the meals of innocent diners. The police will be afraid to remove them or even if they tried you would have nightly Extravaganzas on Instagram and Tick Tock. I really think they will have a big problem going forward. Her business in LA are basically destroyed. She needs to cut her losses.

Moving the show to Vegas makes a lot of sense. Any tourist not afraid of COVID are much more likely to go to Vegas than LA. The bar is in Caesar’s Palace with private security which will not stand for any nonsense.

But if they have private security, how will the cast get into fights at work?

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 2:47 PM, Jextella said:

Has Vanderpump Rules been officially cancelled?

As long as the epidemic and lawlessness remains in LA.

Hey! Maybe they can do a show with Jax and Brittany living in a refrigerator box!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, Ubiquit0us said:

Hey! Maybe they can do a show with Jax and Brittany living in a refrigerator box!

They can call it “Box Whine.”

I know the conversation about Villa Blanca is a couple weeks old now, but I just saw a comment from Lisa on one of her Instagram posts, and she said VB was not in the cards to reopen because it has no outdoor space. I’m certain that there are other factors, but for now, no outdoor space is pretty much a guarantee that you won’t open your restaurant for a loooooong time. (I realize that some areas, even in CA, are closing streets to use for outdoor dining, but perhaps that doesn’t work where VB is, and it’s likely not enough to make opening up the whole restaurant viable. I doubt that’s the kind of place one goes in LA for takeout.)

• Love 3