Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

On 10/30/2021 at 3:32 PM, farmgal4 said:

Lala is going to start looking for a new sugar daddy.

I always thought she settled way too quickly on Randall and had a feeling that her smugly kept woman lifestyle she so swiftly settled into would just as swiftly blow up in her face.
There are tons of other rich businessmen in Hollywood that she could’ve chosen besides Randall, with his excess baggage and sketchy producer credits. She should’ve held off for a better deal, quite frankly!

And let’s be honest here: she allowed a married man with young kids to pursue her. Some commenter on another site had the nerve to argue with me that he was “separated” when they first hooked up, but legally married is still officially married; I’d bet money that he was playing around with her and other gals even while he was still “happily” married. One of the biggest open secrets in the seedier Hollywood scene was Randall’s known tendency to approach other young women to be his sugar babies; the irony is that LaLa thought she somehow ‘won’ him in the end, when other women in her position were smart enough to steer clear of the creep.

Now she’s just another over 30, over-Botoxed  Hollywood babymama on a failing reality show competing with girls 10+ years younger than her for sugar daddies. Good luck with that!

• Love 15
On 11/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, Sun-Bun said:

I always thought she settled way too quickly on Randall and had a feeling that her smugly kept woman lifestyle she so swiftly settled into would just as swiftly blow up in her face.
There are tons of other rich businessmen in Hollywood that she could’ve chosen besides Randall, with his excess baggage and sketchy producer credits. She should’ve held off for a better deal, quite frankly!

And let’s be honest here: she allowed a married man with young kids to pursue her. Some commenter on another site had the nerve to argue with me that he was “separated” when they first hooked up, but legally married is still officially married; I’d bet money that he was playing around with her and other gals even while he was still “happily” married. One of the biggest open secrets in the seedier Hollywood scene was Randall’s known tendency to approach other young women to be his sugar babies; the irony is that LaLa thought she somehow ‘won’ him in the end, when other women in her position were smart enough to steer clear of the creep.

Now she’s just another over 30, over-Botoxed  Hollywood babymama on a failing reality show competing with girls 10+ years younger than her for sugar daddies. Good luck with that!

THAT ^^^^ was some awesome $hit! So true.

It will be interesting (the ONLY interesting aspect of this show) to see how many of these VPR cast members are still married in 5 years. 

I'm happy for Lala's baby that it doesn't look like her daddy. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

It will be interesting (the ONLY interesting aspect of this show) to see how many of these VPR cast members are still married in 5 years. 

Without the show, none of them will stay together.  Why tf is Ariana still with Tom?  They have nothing in common in terms of values, and she hasn't been into him since season 4 - over 5 years ago!!

• Love 10
On 11/3/2021 at 1:37 AM, Marley said:

If LaLa could’ve got a better sugar daddy I’m sure she would’ve. She prob had to settle on fake rich Randall.

Wasn't LaLa dating a few professional athletes before Randall ?

I know that Randall is an aspiring Pickleball All Star, but he won't get paid  as much as the NBA or NFL athletes make.

• LOL 15
On 11/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, Sun-Bun said:

And considering her so-called acting career was comprised mostly of her appearing in Chinless Wonder's failure movies (and we're told she "won" the role through auditions every time), she can probably kiss that income stream goodbye.  

I saw an article where some idiot was promoting Randall as some high-powered mogul - stating that he'd made over 110 movies that had COLLECTIVELY made $1.2 billion at the box office.  Uh....that's an average of about $10 Mil a movie.  And looking at BoxOfficeMojo, most of his crap lately hasn't hit even $100,000 in receipts.  Most of his crap looks almost like straight to video and/or streaming service.  

He has something like six or seven movies that have been "announced" but apparently aren't even in pre-production.  I'm thinking he's having trouble scrounging up the financing.   Even bankable producers are losing big bucks these days.  "The Irishman" (where I believe Emmett was probably a minor producer since he couldn't talk Scorcese into giving Lala a part), which was well received and highly praised, lost something like $200 million, even with the star fire power of Pacino, DeNiro and Pesci.  

I don't see how Hollywood would see Emmett as bankable in this day and age.   One indulgence I made a few years ago was to buy a 72" 4K TV and sound bar.  I can enjoy movies on MY time from the various streaming services or even the On Demand.  There's precious little coming out that makes me want to deal with a movie theater these days.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 11/7/2021 at 8:04 AM, SarahPrtr said:

Without the show, none of them will stay together.  Why tf is Ariana still with Tom?  They have nothing in common in terms of values, and she hasn't been into him since season 4 - over 5 years ago!!

I suspect that Tom S and Ariana are nothing more than roommates IRL.  They might hook up sexually once in a blue moon, but I’m not even sure they do that. I think they’re friends who cohabitate and split the bills.  Ariana doesn’t even have a storyline outside of being Sandoval’s significant other.  JMHO

• Love 10
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Raquel & James end their engagement, split up.

Good on her, smart move. 

I just read that in the Daily Mail, and my response was “thank God!”  She dodged a major bullet by not marrying him.  He would’ve made her life beyond miserable.  I just pray that she doesn’t go back to him, if/when he decides that he doesn’t like being single.

• Love 15

Good for her getting away from that little psycho. The article said she returned the ring while the reunion was being filmed tho so that seems fishy to me. I sense a James spiraling storyline tho. Hopefully the show is cancelled tho it’s done for sure.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, snarts said:

Raquel & James end their engagement, split up.

Good on her, smart move. 

Good for her. I've actually developed a soft spot for her, and whether this is manufactured for the show or not, I hope she runs like the wind and never looks back. James is never going to improve sober or not.

Maybe James and Lala will re-hook up now that they're both at loose ends. If ever there was a pair that deserved each other, it's those two!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Good for her. I've actually developed a soft spot for her, and whether this is manufactured for the show or not, I hope she runs like the wind and never looks back. James is never going to improve sober or not.

Maybe James and Lala will re-hook up now that they're both at loose ends. If ever there was a pair that deserved each other, it's those two!

Does DJ James Kennedy have enough $$$ for LaLa??

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Vanderpump Rules Fans Question Brock Davies’ Plan for Quickie Wedding to Scheana Shay

Brock Davies tried to pull off a same-day proposal and wedding, but it wasn’t meant to be. On the December 28 episode of “Vanderpump Rules,” the fitness guru cooked up a plan to surprise Scheana Shay with an instant wedding, but his lack of organizational skills – and funds – caused things to go awry.

After Brock asked Randall Emmett for help executing his plan by staging a fake movie premiere that would serve as the setting for his proposal, Lala Kent shut things down when her assistant asked if she should put the deposit for the venue on her credit card. In what appeared to be an awkward end to the story, Brock revealed that the venue “canceled” things on him and he couldn’t go through with his plan to propose to Scheana and marry her on the spot...

Edited by Gharlane
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

They are engaged now I think. I don’t buy Scheana would want a quickie wedding she wants all the bells and whistles and attention on her lol. No way she would do a courthouse wedding either.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Lala Kent shut things down when her assistant asked if she should put the deposit for the venue on her credit card.

Wait.  Lala has... an assistant???  WTF!  She really did milk it for all it's worth.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

Wait.  Lala has... an assistant???  WTF!  She really did milk it for all it's worth.

Yes, she interviewed a few women. She purports to have made her decision based on the claim of the woman she hired that she was aware of the Give Them Lala brand even before preparing to interview for the job.

Keep in mind, Lala also has a day nurse and night nurse. 

Supposedly, bRand got tired of Lala asking his assistant to help her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes, she interviewed a few women. She purports to have made her decision based on the claim of the woman she hired that she was aware of the Give Them Lala brand even before preparing to interview for the job.

I think LaLa hired the only person who didn't know about her brand. I recall the first interviewee said she looked it up on Google and the interview ended.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Keep in mind, Lala also has a day nurse and night nurse. 

Supposedly, bRand got tired of Lala asking his assistant to help her.

Shit, the poor assistant, having to deal with Lala's bullshit and demands.  Probably needs therapy.

Yep, trying to be like the wife of an actual A-list celebrity, like Camille Grammer, who has FOUR nannies - two for each of her children.  But insists that she's there "all the time for my children."

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 1/2/2022 at 6:21 PM, Marley said:

They are engaged now I think. I don’t buy Scheana would want a quickie wedding she wants all the bells and whistles and attention on her lol. No way she would do a courthouse wedding either.

I think Scheana might like it if it was the original plan (which I assume she dictated):  a big fancy party that was all about surprising her, and everyone knew it was about her, etc.  I don't think she'd like to sneak around the corner from someone else's party and keep it an actual secret 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Her being afraid of his reaction for that convo just proves how right she was to leave him. He is a POS who unfortunately will abuse a partner in the future.

James might be nice to her now but once she gets in another relationship he will start calling her a whore I’m sure.

I do side eye the timing of it all tho.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Marley said:

Her being afraid of his reaction for that convo just proves how right she was to leave him. He is a POS who unfortunately will abuse a partner in the future.

Right?! I’m so proud of her for finally walking away from his mess in such a classy and mature fashion. That whole story of him blowing up at her family over the holidays proves what an egotistical asshole he truly is; this time with the future in-laws is when a guy needs to be on his very best behavior!
So if he’s ALREADY getting that obnoxious with them, she was right to see the foreshadowing there and get out as smoothly as possible while she still could.

Good for her! And he *really* needs to look into seeking far more serious therapy/anger management for his future relationships.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Another article in that link is Lala talking about how she got a "prenup" with Randall because she's all about "a Plan B."

Uh, honey - you never made it to Plan A.  Prenups are about marriage.  So it's about as valuable as that phony ring you claim he gave you.

Wasn't there another housewives show in which someone made an "engagement prenup"? 🤔

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Wasn't there another housewives show in which someone made an "engagement prenup"? 🤔

The only other prenup I can recall given any real coverage at all was Kandi's - which Todd was annoyed about.  But then I've tuned out all the franchises at this point.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2022 at 9:50 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

She is more emotionally intelligent than I suspected. Good for you, Raquel. Poor Sandoval (if he actually did pay for half of Rachella). 

Raquel was the guest on Scheana’s podcast last week, and she was awesome.  I always thought that she was sort of an unintelligent airhead, and I feel really bad about that now.  She’s intelligent, caring, mature, and very well-spoken.  She’s the whole package.  James, the dumbass, will never land another girl of Raquel’s caliber.  He screwed up big time by losing her.

• Love 9
On 1/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Another article in that link is Lala talking about how she got a "prenup" with Randall because she's all about "a Plan B."

Uh, honey - you never made it to Plan A.  Prenups are about marriage.  So it's about as valuable as that phony ring you claim he gave you.

Lala LOVES to stroke her own ego, and while we’re on the subject of Lala…

Stassi and Beau’s little girl had her first birthday a few days ago.  Lala was there (with Ocean), and her birthday gift to Hartford was a pair of little gold hoop earrings.  She was being videoed while talking about the earrings.  She laughed and when she did, her face has so much Botox in it that she looks like something straight out of a horror movie.  It’s pathetic.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Does Brittany not have her own thread?  Maybe because she's no longer on the show.  Anyway....just wanted to add that she announced on Instagram yesterday that she's the new spokeswoman for Jenny Craig.  She can't be THE spokeswoman, correct?  I'd think it's just another paid partnership for her to do some low-rent Instagram talking heads, but I guess I could be wrong.  I wouldn't think enough people would even know who Brittany was.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Does Brittany not have her own thread?  Maybe because she's no longer on the show.  Anyway....just wanted to add that she announced on Instagram yesterday that she's the new spokeswoman for Jenny Craig.  She can't be THE spokeswoman, correct?  I'd think it's just another paid partnership for her to do some low-rent Instagram talking heads, but I guess I could be wrong.  I wouldn't think enough people would even know who Brittany was.

I would imagine they have more than one spokesperson. (Here's People's write up of the announcement). 

With regard to whether or not enough people know who Brittany is - remember that not everyone needs to know who Brittany is, just enough of the targeted demographic they want to reach.  So if Brittany has enough name recognition of women between, say, the ages of 30 and 45, then it makes sense for them to hire her as a spokesperson.  I suspect they likely hired her because they want to hit a certain demographic and they think she'll help to reach that demographic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

I thought so too, but when I watched ads for Jenny Craig, they feature a lot of just regular, non-famous people - teachers, nurses, accountants, etc. and they give a background of their lives and what caused them to gain weight and how JC (or WW) has helped them.  Most people watching Brittany would not know who she is, but when she talks about the challenges of losing weight after having a baby, millions of women around her age will find themselves being able to relate to her.

She should also get her implants removed.  She's going to want more than one child, and they're going to become so bothersome afterwards.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, SarahPrtr said:

She should also get her implants removed.  She's going to want more than one child, and they're going to become so bothersome afterwards.

Wow!  I saw that picture and wondered if Jax bought her bigger boobs! 😳

• Love 5

The show should be cancelled but if it keeps going there’s no need for Lisa she brings the scenes to a screeching halt usually lol. I think they film in June tho.

Obviousky hope LVP is ok tho and surgery goes smooth.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Marley said:

The show should be cancelled but if it keeps going there’s no need for Lisa she brings the scenes to a screeching halt usually lol. I think they film in June tho.

Obviousky hope LVP is ok tho and surgery goes smooth.

As much as I find out of place Lisa annoying on the show for some reason out of place Lisa and her interjections that grind the conversation to a halt is endlessly entertaining for me at the reunions.

I'm consistently inconsistent.......

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

They'll all have to hike up to her mansion to pay obeisance if there's a new season.

Meanwhile - I like to keep a few Lifetime movies on my DVR for when I'm bored and nothing's on and last night I tuned in to The Wrong Real Estate Agent, starring Vivica Fox as the woman in peril, and our own T Sandy as Creepy Handyman Connor!  

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, princelina said:

They'll all have to hike up to her mansion to pay obeisance if there's a new season.

Meanwhile - I like to keep a few Lifetime movies on my DVR for when I'm bored and nothing's on and last night I tuned in to The Wrong Real Estate Agent, starring Vivica Fox as the woman in peril, and our own T Sandy as Creepy Handyman Connor!  

No way! He must do “creepy” really well!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It's probably not worse than anything any other personal assistant in LA deals with.  

Probably less, I don't see Lala being awake for large portions of a day....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I saw a headline somewhere stating that LaLa is back on the dating scene. 

I wonder what she’ll be like going forward.  There’s been an anger to her the past few seasons (maybe because all wasn’t well with Rand?) that hadn’t been there before 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, teapot said:

I wonder what she’ll be like going forward.

I think she will be a tad bitter that her last ploy of locking down the high life didn’t pan out better for her. I think she will be more cautious because she’s probably learned that Rand was a lot of smoke and mirrors and she wants to find a better Sugar daddy. Lastly I bet she’s beginning to worry because being the bait for a rich man gets harder as you age. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Life not Like. Stupid autocorrect.
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think she will be a tad bitter that her last ploy of locking down the high life didn’t pan out better for her. I think she will be more cautious because she’s probably learned that Rand was a lot of smoke and mirrors and she wants to find a better Sugar daddy. Lastly I bet she’s beginning to worry because being the bait for a rich man gets harder as you age. 

Not to mention, she has a child now.  That throws off the equation significantly.

• Love 8
On 2/7/2022 at 6:21 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I hope she starts dating another Pickle ball star like Randall.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2022 at 5:44 AM, Gharlane said:

Interesting.   So Lala is trying to excuse her bitch behavior by saying that she did it "for the money"?  As I recall, Bravo takes a very dim view of people making claims like this, and Lala is no longer affiliated with anyone with a Hollywood rep so she's really bitten the hand that feeds.   As of two days ago, the series had not been renewed or cancelled, and I would have assumed they would have started filming by now.

Edited by Carolina Girl
Found out more information on my inquiry
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3