Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

I can’t link them all because it’s a private FB group but Max has some problematic tweets from a few years ago. Apparently, he is a moron who didn’t scrub his social media. A bunch about how he hates the fact that he hates it’s no longer okay to us the word n-gga and shit like this and threatening to blow up his community college.

16D76C01-394B-452E-9B5F-FB586C502048.png

Edited by biakbiak

At first I thought this was like Canela the Deer and her friend Kevin.  Kevin has a great relationship with the neighborhood deer, you tubed it, became a hit and then very vile Tweets that he made when he was 12 came out.  He, IMO, apologized sincerely for bring an idiot at 12 (I think he's in his early 20s when that came out).

But these guys.  Yeah you're still not quite mature at 19, etc, but really?  Have they even apologized?  2 of them?

Now I'm giving anybody on Bravo side eye.  Real Housewives of Dallas, Vanderpump Rules.  Do they all have secret racists on their shows?

• Love 3
On 1/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, biakbiak said:

Apparently, he is a moron who didn’t scrub his social media. 

I'm glad he's an idiot and didn't! I prefer to know that someone is a racist than for them to be able to hide it while I form a liking for them and then be sorely disappointed later (a la LeeAnne). 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Seems really low compared to the supposed salaries of Southern Comfort cast.  And VPR seems to get much higher ratings?

The SC cast has fewer episodes so there reported salary while $5,000 more per episode, Jax would make a $100k more for about the same amount of filming. 

Edited by biakbiak
22 minutes ago, scrb said:

I thought some of them were in the 450-500k range.

The main cast of SC reportedly makes $480k for 16 episodes which is $30k an episode. That article says Jax makes $25k an episode and he is typically in 20 or more episodes a year, last year VR had 24 episodes and he was in nearly all of them which puts him solidly over $500k.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2

They film about 20 episodes so even at the low end of $10,000 an episode they make around $200,000 a season. These people also need the show more than a lot of the cast of Southern Charm. Some of them came in with money and need the show less so they can hold out for more money per episode. The cast of VPR has no discernible skills and a lot of the success they’ve had from side ventures would fail if they no longer had the show to promote themselves. 

• Useful 1

Well that's true of most of the SC cast, unless you count family money or marrying well.

Obviously Bravo does 20 episodes because there's advertiser demand  and the ratings support it.

We can see from the volume of posts here that more people watch VPR.

They do have a larger cast though but maybe they didn't have the best agents.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:37 PM, glowbug said:

The cast of VPR has no discernible skills 

Quoting just because these words make me laugh. 

So how do they make money on the side? Someone pays them to show up and take photos with fans? There are many people I admire (De Niro, etc.), but I don’t want to take a photo with them. Am I weird?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Quoting just because these words make me laugh. 

So how do they make money on the side? Someone pays them to show up and take photos with fans? There are many people I admire (De Niro, etc.), but I don’t want to take a photo with them. Am I weird?

I've only watched the first 2 seasons but with the ratings they get and that they're photogenic and young, it's not surprising people will pay for them to make appearances at clubs and such.

But several seasons in, I'm sure they're good at delivering putdowns of each other and so on, these moments which are suppose to go viral.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

The club/bar things are also so people can say they partied with them. I don’t get why anyone would want to do that but people do. They also have enough IG followers to get paid for ads. 

• Love 2
On 1/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, druzy said:

A car crashed into Pump today. The driver fled the scene. 

car1.jpg

The driver probably fled in embarrassment. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, biakbiak said:

Apparently the other new dude had racist tweets as well. and unsurprisingly they won’t do anything.

I still can’t believe neither thought to scrub their social media!

I refuse to become outraged over what someone has posted to social media. I don't think I can judge someone by it and I have better things to do than join virtual lynch mobs. I did find it amusing that one of them is young-looking for her age Lisa Vanderbucks' " personal trainer".

• Love 3
On 1/31/2020 at 9:50 AM, Ubiquitous said:

refuse to become outraged over what someone has posted to social media. I don't think I can judge someone by

I get not caring but if you can’t judge people on their own words what are you judging them on?

• Love 8
On 1/17/2020 at 10:53 AM, biakbiak said:

Apparently the other new dude had racist tweets as well. and unsurprisingly they won’t do anything.

I still can’t believe neither thought to scrub their social media!

On 1/31/2020 at 11:50 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I refuse to become outraged over what someone has posted to social media. I don't think I can judge someone by it and I have better things to do than join virtual lynch mobs. I did find it amusing that one of them is young-looking for her age Lisa Vanderbucks' " personal trainer".

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I get not caring but if you can’t judge people on their own words what are you judging them on?

Max tweeted about wanting to assault Asian people for no reason. Are we supposed to wait until he assaults Asian people and is completely remorseless to realize he's a bad guy (Mark Wahlberg's ears are burning)? The fact that this is a sentiment that Max allowed to see daylight should be horrifying enough. These aren't the sentiments of your average callous youth.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Max tweeted about wanting to assault Asian people for no reason. Are we supposed to wait until he assaults Asian people and is completely remorseless to realize he's a bad guy (Mark Wahlberg's ears are burning)? The fact that this is a sentiment that Max allowed to see daylight should be horrifying enough. These aren't the sentiments of your average callous youth.

All of these people are disgusting. It's such a train wreck, trashy show with many hilarious moments but if you actually examine the actions of these people....

Why do Max and the other one still have a job? Probably the same reason Stassi still has a job after her "Nazi chic" and metoo comments, the same reason Jax still has a job after his transphobic comments and general assholery on Twitter, the same reason the British wanker still has a job AFTER RAPING LALA. I don't care if she doesn't see it that way (she's not going to read my comments). He had sex with her when she was unconscious. They keep their job because the show makes money and the suits don't care. 

• Love 7
(edited)

So a female VR producer(now hopefully a FORMER producer?) has been exposed for favoring other cast members and deliberately portraying Scheana in a bad light, claiming on a recent podcast that “Scheana should’ve befriended me if she wanted me to not air embarrassing scenes with her.” Scheana has since tweeted about it and claims she has receipts, and the same producer even went on to admit that the scene with Scheana and Stassi’s baby brother was purposefully scripted to make her look pathetic:

9ECAE59C-88E0-4087-A856-B3DB43FADF22.jpeg
Now I’m no Scheana fan, but her editing this season has felt particularly cruel. Plus, supposedly she filmed so many other scenes that haven’t even been aired, like her play, her egg issues, buying her house in Palm Springs, etc. I’m genuinely annoyed by this and feel bad for her because I’d much rather watch her character development and see her life progressing versus scenes of newbies like that poodle-haired fruitcake and the racist pig Max “fighting” over the other new basic bitches to boink.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

So a female VR producer(now hopefully a FORMER producer?) has been exposed for favoring other cast members and deliberately portraying Scheana in a bad light, claiming on a recent podcast that “Scheana should’ve befriended me if she wanted me to not air embarrassing scenes with her.” Scheana has since tweeted about it and claims she has receipts, and the same producer even went on to admit that the scene with Scheana and Stassi’s baby brother was purposefully scripted to make her look pathetic:

Now I’m no Scheana fan, but her editing this season has felt particularly cruel. Plus, supposedly she filmed so many other scenes that haven’t even been aired, like her play, her egg issues, buying her house in Palm Springs, etc. I’m genuinely annoyed by this and feel bad for her because I’d much rather watch her character development and see her life progressing versus scenes of newbies like that poodle-haired fruitcake and the racist pig Max “fighting” over the other new basic bitches to boink.

Oh, dear. I do feel sympathy for Scheana. I wonder what Scheana did to the producer other than NOT kiss her A. But I am relieved to learn that Scheana realizes that she seems really ridiculous this season. Sometimes I wonder if her footage ever embarrasses her. The Rob season was particularly humiliating, in my opinion, but she didn’t see anything embarrassing about it. 

She should not have made that music video with Brett. 

• Love 6
On 2/1/2020 at 9:37 PM, Iris987 said:

Why do Max and the other one still have a job? Probably the same reason Stassi still has a job after her "Nazi chic" and metoo comments, the same reason Jax still has a job after his transphobic comments and general assholery on Twitter, the same reason the British wanker still has a job AFTER RAPING LALA. I don't care if she doesn't see it that way (she's not going to read my comments). He had sex with her when she was unconscious. They keep their job because the show makes money and the suits don't care. 

She was conscious, she recounted the story.  I would never minimize sexual assault, but this is not that.

4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Beau and Stassi as heroes?  Even with all of the editing, they still come across as assholes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Beau and Stassi as heroes?  Even with all of the editing, they still come across as assholes.

Seriously, @heatherchandler!! If this is the “heroic” edit of Basic & Bowtie, I sure as shit can’t imagine how awful their footage is otherwise. Ditto Baloney & Wartz. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

Scheana can be embarrassed all she wants, but the first rule of reality television is: they can only use what you give them.

That's true.  However, context is important and sometimes I think they edit around it.  Or leave things out that could give understanding as to why things went down.

Or only showing the dumbass moments and ignoring the nice moments. 

One thing that pops into mind:  Raquel. How has she suddenly become "smart" this season......maybe she's been like this all along.....

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

One thing that pops into mind:  Raquel. How has she suddenly become "smart" this season......maybe she's been like this all along.....

Still haven’t seen Raquel become smart. Stand up for herself, yes  but still dim as fuck. 

• Love 6
(edited)

AN OPEN LETTER FROM VANDERPUMP RULES EDITOR BRI DELLINGER

TL;DR She was fired and she doesn't care.

She deleted it. Here is what she wrote:

This letter will be my only comment on the matter, as there are too many actually serious issues to be turning our attention to. But my reputation has been attacked and I felt one statement was necessary before I move on.

A couple months ago I was on the podcast Twisted Plot, a tiny operation, an effort of positivity from a fan of pop culture, life and reality TV.

As an editor I do my job in the background and I’ve never been asked to gush about it, so I had a great time talking about my job, filled with the banter that has now been taken out of context by the gossip rags. There were a handful of listens, and nothing more. Ten weeks later my second episode of the current season of Vanderpump Rules aired and the podcaster and I agreed to do a second podcast, but this time we had a goal: to make an answer to the conversation about a certain producer who had received an inappropriate amount of ire for his part on the show, and explain that production is a huge collaborative effort and that you cannot blame one person for the decisions that are made. 

Reality TV is made up of producers, yes. But that is a vague term. There are field producers who interact with the cast, story producers who are the first to watch and analyze footage, executive producers who make authoritative calls and network producers who have final say over everything. Never should one person take a hit for the whole show. 

Ironically, I am now the fall guy for a “problem” with the show. But no matter what my silly banter said on the podcast, I don’t have the power to personally humiliate or ruin any cast member. I am an editor, a Creative, and only one of ten per season. I spend six months of the year arranging and rearranging footage in various ways, based on what higher-ups have requested. So to take the fall for my “misdeeds” of rearranging footage is almost laughable.

To the critics who have made it their mission to get me fired: you succeeded in your short-sighted mission and solved nothing. I’ve been removed from the show I love and while it is a heart-break for me, because I genuinely loved editing this show, it will not ruin me professionally nor will it change the editing of the show at all. The only thing that will change is that you will no longer have that specific “Bri” flair, which you surely never realized as such, before. But if you go back and watch the episodes I edited you will start to see my mark. Aside from that, whatever else you thought you were accomplishing by getting rid of me, you didn’t.

To any cast members who wanted me out: I’m out! But right behind me is another editor who does the same kind of work as me. And the nine other fantastic and highly skilled editors who also took part in creating this past season, and who will continue to do their jobs. In addition the network and higher executives who actually made the calls that you may or may not be happy with remain absolutely the same. In other words, you have not changed the system. 

You, the rich and empowered celebrities, feeling threatened by me, a freelance worker with no union protections, have used your sway to “demote” me, but your problem is not and was not Me. Perhaps your problem is that you chose to be on reality tv and you did not know what goes into it. Now you know. But you didn’t change a thing.

To my supporters: don’t worry! I’m already working on another show, for another network. While I love Bravo shows and womens’ programming in general (those emotional, comedic relational shows) I work in all genres. My colleagues have read my comments and shrugged their shoulders, because what I described in the podcast, and what has been labeled “unprofessional” and “a vendetta” (their words not mine) is actually my profession. It is the way I pitch myself in an interview – and the potential showrunner inevitably nods and smiles because that’s what they are looking for in an editor. Showrunners want to hire someone who cares enough to find the little embarrassing moments, the funny looks, juxtapose the elements in a unique way to make their show watchable, laughable, tweetable, relatable and REAL. 

And those folks who have worked with me in the past are, frankly, psyched that I’m no longer working on Vanderpump Rules. For several years I’ve turned down job after job because I was devoted to Vanderpump Rules creatively and personally, and now I’m available to be booked. 

To my colleagues and supervisors at Vanderpump Rules: I am so sorry for the stress I caused on the show. My mistakes were out of love and at worst I thought I’d get a slap on the wrist. I respect you all and the work you are doing. But I didn’t show you respect by going on a podcast and for that I humbly apologize. Our job is to remain unseen and I will attempt to embody that from now on. As the adage says, “the best edits are the ones you don’t notice.”

To Everyone: Someday you’ll be watching a show, laughing at some little moment and you won’t know that I actually edited that. You probably won’t be waiting for the credits to see who edited it, because editors are the invisible laborers who make your tv hours fun. The cast is crucial to make a show what it is – because they are the ones who do and say all the funny things. But without editors a cast is just a bunch of youtube channels and instagram stories without outside perspective. Editors are crucial to storytelling, but through all this I’ve learned something else. 

People love stories, but they don’t really want to know where their stories come from. I spoke too much by speaking at all. I didn’t say anything untrue, or secretive. I was fired for saying anything at all. And because I’m a freelance worker with no union and no influencer power I am easily firable. I’m sure you can draw up the other scandals that have rocked this franchise and the others on the same network and the apology tours that followed. I wasn’t given that option. 

Damn, I regret doing the interview, but not because it ruined my career (it didn’t), but because getting fired broke my heart. I loved this show, I’m sad and devastated. But I’m also a professional, and I’m already hard at work editing your next favorite shows.

xo,

Bri Dellinger

Freelance Editor

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2020 at 11:40 PM, AnnieBananie said:

Scheana can be embarrassed all she wants, but the first rule of reality television is: they can only use what you give them.

You are such not a badass, but a fake ass bitch ! I love hating you !

You are such not a badass, but a fake ass bitch ! I love you !

Yes, you can 🙂

• Love 2
On 5/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, AnnieBananie said:

But she has given a lot and they edited it out.  So how  does that work?  They edited in her worst traits and omitted her successes. How is that fair?  

• Love 9

So the editor either bigged herself up to seem more important...or she told the truth the first time & can't believe she's getting fired for intentionally editing someone based on them not licking her ass and begging for her friendship. 

And all these projects people had begged her to work on that's she's free to do now?

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Recent info has come to light about stassi and kristen tormenting Faith over the tryst with Jax. Here is a list of crap the cast pulled to get her arrested! This is from Reddit. I'm disgusted. 

• Useful 3

This psychotic bullying of Faith is also part of all the women on this show's (especially Stassi) bizarre pattern of never ever blaming the MEN (ESPECIALLY JAX) for anything. Somehow everything is Faith's fault in their eyes. WTF! It's really disturbing. 

• Love 15

This info “coming out” about Stassi and Kristen going after Faith was ALWAYS known. It wasn’t secret. I guess most people just weren’t all that bothered by it back in 2018? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

This info “coming out” about Stassi and Kristen going after Faith was ALWAYS known. It wasn’t secret. I guess most people just weren’t all that bothered by it back in 2018? 

I think it's a combination of things. COVID-19 quarantines and social distancing and working from home has given people more time to dig into the behind the scenes bullshit of their favourite shows/fandoms/what have you so more people are learning about it. More people are watching and becoming invested because they have fuck all to do. The recent protests and calls to action have started a lot of movement (whether performative or not, it is getting shit done). And Faith recently did an interview about it which helped to re-ignite a lot of this.

Personally, I knew about the whole "Jax fucked Faith" thing and the recording but I didn't know about them calling the police over and over and over even after they had been told that it wasn't her (I skipped that RAWT IN HAIL season and haven't watched it yet so I don't know if it was covered in the show). I knew Stassi had made statements on her podcast that were controversial but I never delved too deeply into it because I honestly didn't care about what Stassi did outside of the show. I think some of this isn't common knowledge if you just watch the show, which a fair amount of people do. Not everyone is reading Facebook groups or subreddits or following social media hashtags. 

To say it was ALWAYS known may be true but I think it's also true that not EVERYONE knew. Now more people know and more people are speaking out about it. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think it's a combination of things. COVID-19 quarantines and social distancing and working from home has given people more time to dig into the behind the scenes bullshit of their favourite shows/fandoms/what have you so more people are learning about it. More people are watching and becoming invested because they have fuck all to do. The recent protests and calls to action have started a lot of movement (whether performative or not, it is getting shit done). And Faith recently did an interview about it which helped to re-ignite a lot of this.

Personally, I knew about the whole "Jax fucked Faith" thing and the recording but I didn't know about them calling the police over and over and over even after they had been told that it wasn't her. I knew Stassi had made statements on her podcast that were controversial but I never delved too deeply into it because I honestly didn't care about what Stassi did outside of the show. I think some of this isn't common knowledge if you just watch the show, which a fair amount of people do. Not everyone is reading Facebook groups or subreddits or following social media hashtags. 

To say it was ALWAYS known may be true but I think it's also true that not EVERYONE knew. Now more people know and more people are speaking out about it. 

Perfect way to put this.  I don’t follow any of them on SM, and I don’t listen to any podcasts.  So my knowledge of these fools only pertains to the show.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Check out the Vanderpump Rules Party Podcast. They have a new interview with Faith and now another new episode with insider info about how the show IS actually scripted and how things are covered up for the cast. They also have the audio from Stassi’s deleted podcast episode and the deleted Bitch Bible podcast episodes where Stassi and Kristin talk about what they tried to do to Faith. They have info on these situation I hadn’t heard anywhere else. 

(No, it’s not my podcast, I just listen and they’ve stepped it up for this situation and I love it.)

Edit: the audio is on the Instagram “pumpersnation”

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Perfect way to put this.  I don’t follow any of them on SM, and I don’t listen to any podcasts.  So my knowledge of these fools only pertains to the show.  

The podcasts are better than the show! I only listen to the snarky ones but there are 3 of them so that’s plenty. Sexy Unique Podcast, Watch What Crappens and Vanderpump Rules Party if anyone cares to listen.

• Love 1

I knew Jax fucked Faith but I had no idea what Stassi and Kristen did to her with the cops. I just don’t care about these ppl enough to find things out about them that aren’t on the show. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Marley said:

I knew Jax fucked Faith but I had no idea what Stassi and Kristen did to her with the cops. I just don’t care about these ppl enough to find things out about them that aren’t on the show. 

And with that this show is deleted from my DVR.  I was going to watch the second half of the reunion, but nope.

And am I a harpy for saying that I hope that Bravo either re-tools and/or cancels this show and every one of these dirtbags are facing foreclosure on those houses of theirs in six months.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And am I a harpy for saying that I hope that Bravo either re-tools and/or cancels this show and every one of these dirtbags are facing foreclosure on those houses of theirs in six months.

I actually hate that The Tom’s, Katie/Arianna and Scheana got dragged into the rest of this cast’s gross messiness. Hell, I’m even rooting for James & Raquel at this point. The rest of them can all go RAWT IN HELL though, most definitely; and I hope they were at least smart enough to sock away enough money to cover all those pricy mortgages. 
Seriously, most reality show folks are the worst financial planners; they act like the damned gravy train is going to roll on forever. 

• Love 5