Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, S.Batts said:

I would be pretty happy not to see Kristen anymore on this show.   Her obsession with James last season was embarrassing.  

she's probably hurting, it would suck to see all of your friends find their (first) husbands & wives, when all you had at home was a deadbeat man-child not worth keeping

• Love 14
5 hours ago, teapot said:

she's probably hurting, it would suck to see all of your friends find their (first) husbands & wives, when all you had at home was a deadbeat man-child not worth keeping

Are her and Carter officially over?   

• Useful 1

Stassi’s wedding would make a good series finale. I don’t think they can keep up storylines much longer than that. No  offense, Sandoval, but I don’t care to wait around to find out if you and Grumpy Cat get hitched. At least in terms of the show. And I DEFINITELY don’t need another Scheana Marie Wedding Production.

Of course there will probably be drama in Jax and Brittany’s marriage by then. Not to be negative but it seems pretty likely. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Jax & Brittany (not sure whose account it was under) posted a video on insta of her making breakfast in the kitchen, listening to country and doing shots.  I know Brittany can get glammed up but she looked God-awful.  Their house is amahhhhhhhzing.  Ugh.  So beautiful.  And I have to admit, it really got my goat to see those two losers in that beautiful new home.  But a mansion won't keep them from ultimately imploding.  I also wonder if these rocket scientists will be able to make their money last or will blow it all.  I'm hoping of course for the latter.   

• Love 7
On 8/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, HunterHunted said:

The speculation is that LVP wouldn't let Kristen come to her house to celebrate, which is pretty fucking obnoxious of LVP if true. In the real world, I'd say that LVP has every right to allow whomever she wants to allow into her house. However, this isn't the real world. This is a TV show. This cast has had to put up with all manner of individuals for the sake of the show. Knowing now how nasty the cast was to Ariana in season 3, it's a wonder she didn't set the rest of them on fire during seasons 4 and 5. Furthermore, Kristen tries to be on her best behavior around LVP. Kristen was allowed to attend Schwartz and Katie's engagement party at Villa Rosa. Kristen gave a long rambling speech which was interrupted by a drunk belligerent Lala telling Kristen to shut the fuck up. In recent history, the people most inclined to be obnoxious, rude, and disrespectful in LVP's home and businesses are Jax, Lala, and James. And I know Jax and Lala were at the dinner.

I'm on the fence about Kristen.  I rooted for her the first few seasons, but now I'm kind of wondering if she doesn't fit in anymore.

It seems most of the original cast has moved to the next phase of life, e.g. relationships, businesses, etc.

Kristen doesn't seem to be evolving.  I really feel like she needs to get something going beyond the show - and independently of a man and her so-called friends - that she can call her own and sink her teeth into.  

The others are moving on.  If Kristen doesn't, she'll be left in their dust.

I feel the same about Katie but I think Katie's injury is at the root of her stand-still.  It will be interesting to see how she and Tom fare.  I would be surprised if the go the distance.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

Kristen doesn't seem to be evolving.  I really feel like she needs to get something going beyond the show - and independently of a man and her so-called friends - that she can call her own and sink her teeth into.  

Amen to all this: Kristen’s special brand of crazy really worked for her the first few seasons when she still worked at SUR, even later on when she was dealing with James. But the last few seasons her presence has seemed just pointless; she’s become a sad drunken/messy shell of her confident former self who’s only there for random shock purposes and that’s about it.

LVP still won’t even deal with her anymore and the rest of the cast barely tolerates her; the writing was on the wall when she actually started bitching about not being Brittany’s Maid of Honor: that was fairly pathetic. If she'd had half a brain she would’ve buried the hatchet with James and befriended Raquel. That would at least guarantee her some new interest and a potential storyline, but once again she overestimated her security with this crew, much like her job stability with SUR. 

Also, I hope she finally ditched that video gaming loser Carter.

Edited to add: wonder how this affects her whole involvement with “Witches of WeHo” wine? That seemed to be the *only* thing going on in her life beyond her shitty excuse of a T-shirt line.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 5
On 8/26/2019 at 11:57 PM, Jextella said:

Kristin is 38 (or close to it). She has aged out of this show. They are all aging out. Beau and Jax will both be 40 by the time the new season airs. Sandoval isn't far behind. They are bringing new young blood on to the show next season, that says something about how the producers want the show to go forward. 

We will be subjected to seeing Brit and Jax's wedding and then the season after that it will be Beau and Stassi's wedding. Next comes babies. Not sure if viewers are going to be too invested in pregnancy drama and settling down in the suburbs. I can see the new young cast taking over eventually. I also think Stassi will be the first to leave the show (after her wedding of course, got to get those wedding freebies first) because she has a lot going on outside of the show. Another book is in the works, her podcast, and she's working on a fashion line. She's in love and happy so she's no longer going to bring much drama to the show, anyway. 

• Love 7
On 8/26/2019 at 8:57 PM, Jextella said:

I'm on the fence about Kristen.  I rooted for her the first few seasons, but now I'm kind of wondering if she doesn't fit in anymore.

It seems most of the original cast has moved to the next phase of life, e.g. relationships, businesses, etc.

I feel the same about Katie but I think Katie's injury is at the root of her stand-still.  It will be interesting to see how she and Tom fare.  I would be surprised if the go the distance.

What injury?  Something happen recently?

I don’t want to see new people on the show tho. Whenever they do that the show starts to suck more cause they try too hard and it’s obvious. I’ll either watch these ppl or prob just stop watching.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, S.Batts said:

What injury?  Something happen recently?

No.  I was referring to the brain injury she sustained when she fell through a skylight a number of years ago.  I don't know what Katie was like prior to that, but to me, her brain function seems a bit "limited" for lack of a better word.  Not that she's not intelligent or anything, but she seems to have a small sphere in which she lives and thinks. To me, it's noticeable enough to think it might be a consequence of her accident.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Jextella said:

No.  I was referring to the brain injury she sustained when she fell through a skylight a number of years ago.  I don't know what Katie was like prior to that, but to me, her brain function seems a bit "limited" for lack of a better word.  Not that she's not intelligent or anything, but she seems to have a small sphere in which she lives and thinks. To me, it's noticeable enough to think it might be a consequence of her accident.

ok thanks! 

4 hours ago, Marley said:

I don’t want to see new people on the show tho. Whenever they do that the show starts to suck more cause they try too hard and it’s obvious. I’ll either watch these ppl or prob just stop watching.

Yeah I mean apparently Raquel might be appearing more, not sure if she is a full cast member or just working at Sur and I can’t think of anyone my boring who has been cast adjacent before. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Kristin is 38 (or close to it). She has aged out of this show. They are all aging out.

I think I've aged out of this show too!

...and most of Bravo's offerings for that matter.  Or if not aged out, then at least far less interested than I was in younger years.  The only shows I watched regularly this year were RHNY and Southern Charm New Orleans.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I love Southern Charm New Orleans.

swooning bye bye birdie GIF

It's like the good "doppelganger" of VR.  Like VR, SCNO is centered around people who all knew each other before the show.  They weren't "assembled".

Unlike VR, they haven't all slept with each other at some point, they handle the alcohol well (except Jeff), they're really there for each other without putting themselves first and the men?

So not chucklefucks.  They have moments where they make bad choices, season 1 Barry and the use of a slur, Jeff running when upset and drinking.  They actually try to learn from mistakes.  They probably have no idea what a Reiki master is......

Jon Moody is everything Sandavol wants to be.  And Moody doesn't even try.  He just is.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Q7fxodiaxEE1M5Hr6

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 8/26/2019 at 11:57 PM, Jextella said:

'm on the fence about Kristen.  I rooted for her the first few seasons, but now I'm kind of wondering if she doesn't fit in anymore.

I disagree.  Because Kristen's not married or engaged, she's somehow not evolving or moving on?  Kristen also bought a house (on her own), runs her t-shirt business, and is a partner in the Witches of WeHo wine.  How is she doing any less adulting than the others?

• Love 16

10 hours ago, snarts said:

I disagree.  Because Kristen's not married or engaged, she's somehow not evolving or moving on?  Kristen also bought a house (on her own), runs her t-shirt business, and is a partner in the Witches of WeHo wine.  How is she doing any less adulting than the others?

That's not what I said.  I'll be more clear next time.

• Love 1

Season 8 trailer has been released.  Sandoval & Jax fighting, Kristen on the outs with Stassi & Katie, James drunk.  You know, the usual. 

The trailer also introduces new staff members Brett Caprioni, Charli Burnett, Danica Dow, Dayna Kathan, Max Boyen  What's up with all the new cast members?

• Love 1

I don’t want to see any new ppl. I’ve been watching the show since the beginning and want to see who I’ve been watching for however many years. The new ppl are just going to be annoying and try hards I’m sure. If it becomes too much about new ppl I may quit watching.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, snarts said:

Season 8 trailer has been released.  Sandoval & Jax fighting, Kristen on the outs with Stassi & Katie, James drunk.  You know, the usual. 

The trailer also introduces new staff members Brett Caprioni, Charli Burnett, Danica Dow, Dayna Kathan, Max Boyen  What's up with all the new cast members?

I wish that Lisa's Max could get a role on the show.  Poor Max...

• Love 1
On 9/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, snarts said:

This schism really feels like Stassi has decided that it's time for the girls to settle down with long term partners and have children and Stassi is pissed that Kristen won't leave Carter even though Kristen knows there is no long term future with him.

From what we've seen, Kristen and Carter aren't remotely near the toxic end of the Vanderpump Rules relationship scale. Katie and Schwartz, Jax and Brittany, Kristen and Sandoval, Kristen and James, and Stassi and Jax, Frank, and Patrick are all firmly on the toxic end.

Kristen may or may not be ready to settle down. She may not even want to. However, I will applaud her unwillingness to settle for a famewhore who lied about his age for a significant part of your relationship (Beau), a piece of shit who cheats and demeans you (Jax), or a guy who is equally terrified and disgusted by you (Schwartz).

• Love 10
On 8/26/2019 at 8:57 PM, Jextella said:

I agree, but where are the new cast members in their lives? Are they married? Single? Just doing the show for attention? I know nothing about them but I have a feeling they're going to bring fake drama. Because they're new and they have to. I'll be watching! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aussieinsydney said:

I don't remember hearing about this? Can you tell me more or link me to an article or some such? Wow! I had no idea 😮

I believe it was during an episode of her podcast

https://www.stassischroeder.com/afraid-of-therapy/

Not only did he lie about his age, but he lied about the actual day of his birth. For example in stead of telling everybody the actual day, he decided to tell everyone he was born on March 17th because.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Wait WHAT THE FUCK?  Why would he do that?  

Who knows. The actual date was because he thought it would be more fun to celebrate his birthday on St. Patrick's Day, which is fine, but just tell people that instead of perpetuating a multi year lie. His age is actually super weird because some friends thought he was younger than his actual age, but others thought he was older.

His parents obviously indulged his "quirks" which is why he thinks everything he does adorable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I like Beau. He can be a bit extra but I don’t think he’s done anything horrible. 

Also I just quickly scanned that link but I didn’t see where it said he lied about his age. I did just quickly scan it tho.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 3

Haha, yeah, I guess he has been completely sober for months now, which... good for him! He needed it.  With James and Lala both completely sober, I guess the newbies will be the new hot messes of the group.

• Love 5

I went to Lisa's new spot in Vegas and I must say it is the most gorgeous cocktail bar I have ever been in; absolutely lovely. Great service and good drinks. The food portions are laughably small but it's just a cocktail lounge and not a restaurant so I it made sense.

I also went looking for SWAG Boutique but I will take that mess to the correct thread. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, druzy said:

This (plus an old/slightly updated?) Where They Came From ended up on my DVR last night. Looks pretty good so far, or at least more entertaining and less obnoxious than the craptacular seasons of RHOC and RHOBH. The new people look... kind of interesting? And definitely messy.

At least on this show the conceit that these new people joined the cast because they “started working at one of Lisa’s businesses” is a plausible reason for them being on the show, instead of the rather tenuous “friend” line they give us on the RH shows. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Wicked said:

I didn't see Rachel in the opening credits even though she is working at sur now, so thank god for that. Hopefully that means we will see less of her.

I noticed that two - even though the two brand-new guys are getting opening credit status, as does Beau. 

And Katie, Tom, Ariana, Brittany no longer even work at SUR - only Jax and Scheana from what I can tell.  I don't count Rachel.

• Love 3
On 12/31/2019 at 9:51 AM, chenoa333 said:

After the very disappointing season of RHOC (and several other HoWives franchises) I am so excited about this new season of VR.

And they've added new monkeys to the circus so I'm in!

And not only that - the new monkeys are getting opening credit billing!  But not Raquel.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Probably because someone in production realised she is the audio and visual equivalent of watching a ball of tumbleweed drift down a road. I watched that sneak peek and my, god. Girl is dull. I didn't love Kristen being placed way at the back in the cast photo, either. That's where people who appear in 2 episodes go. She belongs down the front a damn sight more than Ariana (another ball of tumbleweed).

• Love 8

No joke, I went to SUR several times this past Thanksgiving because I was staying with extended family who happen to live down the street from that whole strip—I was hella surprised at how stupidly fun the place is! Also much smaller there than I expected. 

Didn’t try any food but I did have the sangria, which was damned delicious. Didn’t see any cast members or Vanderpumps either, but I saw some dude who looked like a younger Sandoval, so there’s that. Speaking of which, Tom-Tom was closed every time I tried to stop by. Pump is just a sleazy good time, ditto The Abbey, if you’re into rocking out like you’re at a 90’s-era gay disco. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7