Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

On 6/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, Marley said:

I knew Jax fucked Faith but I had no idea what Stassi and Kristen did to her with the cops. I just don’t care about these ppl enough to find things out about them that aren’t on the show. 

Since being accused of racism has lost all meaning, I have nothing to say about that, but they need to be fired for those fucked up things they did. 😲

On 6/10/2020 at 12:45 AM, dosodog said:

Ha! The first thing I noticed was a blurb about Stassi's wise-beyond-his-age 🙄 brother begging Bravo to not fire his sister. 🤣

• Love 4
On 6/10/2020 at 12:58 PM, Jextella said:

I also think that Andy is a BIG part of this.  He may be an ass in various ways, but he is a champion for equal rights

I don't see Andy that way at alI. While he supports gay male rights, his misogyny makes my skin crawl, and he never gets called out. On Below Deck last season, he supported the guys who physically came after the chief stu. No consequences or firings. FOR AN ASSAULT. So I really hope that Andy gets fired over this.

• Love 18
(edited)
9 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

I don't see Andy that way at alI. While he supports gay male rights, his misogyny makes my skin crawl, and he never gets called out. On Below Deck last season, he supported the guys who physically came after the chief stu. No consequences or firings. FOR AN ASSAULT. So I really hope that Andy gets fired over this.

I don't see misogyny from Andy at all - not even on the heels of last season of Below Deck (that's a whole 'nuther discussion).  I know I'm in the minority on this one, though, so I'm clearly missing something.

Kandi was on WWHL last night and she and Andy apparently talked at length off-line about changes needed at Bravo.  Several HW's have posted on social media that there need to be some changes at Bravo.

Kandi said her son dressed up as a police officer for career day and she and Todd had to talk to him about police and he got confused.  He didn't know if the police were the good guys or the bad guys.  THAT was powerful.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/10/2020 at 12:25 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

They have a germ of a new show here and they need to explore it.

Charli showed the way. The new show can be about the new people mocking and belittling the old cast. Just think how much fun it would be to seeJax losing his shit every week as Charli and Mini Me Scheana mock his old man ways. Think of Tom Sandoval losing it when the young kids ridicule his costumes and over the top antics. He would be crying every episode. James has been doing this all along and now he can have free reign.

It would certainly be very entertaining.

On one of those episodes with talk bubbles, producers said Charli was the MVP or something like that.  I can't recall the word they used but it was meant to convey that she is the best of the newbies.  That is the way I took it, anyway.

Edited by Jextella
  • LOL 2

For all of his obnoxious bitching about Katie being a Social Justice Warrior, Schwartz should thank her for her vociferous objection to the arrest prank, since that may very well be what kept the couple on the show.

As to the rest of the cast, they're all fruit of the poisonous tree. 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

since that may very well be what kept the couple on the show.

The two regular cast who closely associated with that “prank”, Lala and Jax, who also have issues when it comes to race weren’t fired, so I doubt that came into play. Not that makes Schwartz’s reaction any better.

I don't understand why they would take out Kristen and Stassi and not others such as Kelly Dodd from RHOC and Brandi from RHD.  I can't help but think there is more to it than that - maybe because what Kristen and Stassi did was to a castmate and/or Bravo wanted them out anyway.

• Love 4
On 6/9/2020 at 7:42 PM, OldButHappy said:

Bye, bitches.

giphy.gif

Why does Brittney get a pass: 
"Nappy headed"???? 

Them's fighting firing words. I barely watch this anymore and don't follow anyone's social media so this was all news to me. GTFO...all of you smug, over-leveraged, under-educated bores. And grab Andy Cohen on your way out.

when did she use that term?

22 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I don't understand why they would take out Kristen and Stassi and not others such as Kelly Dodd from RHOC and Brandi from RHD.  I can't help but think there is more to it than that - maybe because what Kristen and Stassi did was to a castmate and/or Bravo wanted them out anyway.

i don't understand why they haven't axed jax.  there is audio of him calling this girl a thief

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

when did she use that term?

According to Faith when she called her to cuss her out about sleeping with Jax. It wasn’t on the show and Brittany denied saying it.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

You know Stassi and Kristen will have to look for a new hustle.

I would suggest Scapegoat Yoga.

Or "Shooken" cleansing health cocktails. Or better yet, go the Phuck away Stassi. You just fell off the ladder of "success". Hope you didn't break a hip.

• Love 4
Just now, biakbiak said:

According to Faith when she called her to cuss her out about sleeping with Jax. It wasn’t on the show and Brittany denied saying it.

oh my!!  i believe she could and would say it

• Love 2

I hope they cancel the show. It was going to be hard to film because of the pandemic anyway, the cast just isn’t as compelling as they once were, and I think even if they fired Jax, Brittany, and Lala, any subsequent seasons will be fruit of the poisonous tree. The past homophobic and racist behavior and statements as well as the lack of diversity will always be part of this show, and the show currently still retains some of its problematic features. There have been no announcements of senior production being fired and they’re just as culpable as any of the cast members for most of the racism and homophobia on the show and partially responsible for off show behavior by keeping it off the show, and LVP, who tacitly condoned or minimized the behavior/statements, continually supported and defended problematic cast members, and participated in the vilification of Faith by trying to blame her for Jax cheating while key cast members were harassing her, will always be attached. Bravo needs to scrap this show and in a year or so when the pandemic is past us (due to a vaccine, successful treatment, or herd immunity) start over with a new production company and a younger more diverse wait staff, at another trendy restaurant or bar, either in LA or elsewhere. This show isn’t worth saving. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

This might be a stupid question,  but isn't what Stassi and Kristen did against the law?

I should think so, as they both gave false statements to the police (although they were merely saying they THOUGHT this was the person who committed the crime, even though they knew it wasn't).  They can always say they were mistaken.  Doubt that a DA would take the time.

However, Faith should have sued their asses off.  And if the statute hasn't run, she STILL should, especially since we now have their statements saying that they KNEW it wasn't Faith when they made the calls.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

This might be a stupid question,  but isn't what Stassi and Kristen did against the law?

11 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I should think so, as they both gave false statements to the police (although they were merely saying they THOUGHT this was the person who committed the crime, even though they knew it wasn't).  They can always say they were mistaken.  Doubt that a DA would take the time.

However, Faith should have sued their asses off.  And if the statute hasn't run, she STILL should, especially since we now have their statements saying that they KNEW it wasn't Faith when they made the calls.  

What Stassi and Kristen did didn't seem racially motivated to me - at least not overtly.  To me, it seems as if they were being the stupid cocky mean girls they are and took it WAY too far.  This issue seems more suited to a court of law than a a firing over racial matters.  Having said that, I wonder if they would have taken it to police if Faith weren't a minority. 

Brittany referring to Faith as nappy-headed (if true) is far more egregious on the racism scale, IMO.  I honestly don't think she will recover from this.  It won't be forgotten if the show comes back and she is on it.  I think she and Jax will both be leaving too at some point.  Of the originals, I think only the Tom's will make it - and possibly James and Scheana.

I really do think Bravo wanted to shake up the show and needed a reason to do it.  They could have easily fired the two new guys given how visible an issue their posts came to be and call it a day given the pass they've given so many others on Bravo shows.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Brittany referring to Faith as nappy-headed is far more egregious on the racism scale, IMO. 

It's a case of she said/she said on that one.  And frankly, I'm more inclined to believe Faith than I am Corncob.  Considering her outburst when Sandoval asked about the pastor, telling Jax to literally beat the shit out of him (for WORDS, for God's sake), I have no trouble that trashy little twit would use that phrase when talking to Faith.  It's just a pity she didn't record her, but it actually is ILLEGAL in California to record someone's phone call without their consent. 

I would also point out that Jax made some really foul comments about Faith as well, being a criminal, going AWOL.  And when you remember that Jax was arrested for shoplifting in Hawaii, has had a couple of DUI's and routinely steals from his employer, he should start worrying about that glass house of his.  

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, Jextella said:

What Stassi and Kristen did didn't seem racially motivated to me - at least not overtly.  To me, it seems as if they were being the stupid cocky mean girls they are and took it WAY too far.  This issue seems more suited to a court of law than a a firing over racial matters.  Having said that, I wonder if they would have taken it to police if Faith weren't a minority. 

It seemed pretty overt to me. Unlikely they would have taken things to this kind of malicious degree if Faith had been a white person. False accusation of crime is a misdemeanor in California, subject to a $1000 fine and up to six months in jail. At minimum, they should have been charged with wasting police resources, since they knew she hadn't committed any crime.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I would also point out that Jax made some really foul comments about Faith as well, being a criminal, going AWOL.  And when you remember that Jax was arrested for shoplifting in Hawaii, has had a couple of DUI's and routinely steals from his employer, he should start worrying about that glass house of his.  

Jax of the questionable military service HIMSELF.  

3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I don’t think this is a stupid question at all.  

• Love 5

ok so as someone who has watched intermittently over the years, as a somewhat casual viewer  ( my way of saying definitely not too schooled in all the cast and the goings on, but over time familiar).... I will say Stassi strikes me as a very savvy  lady. I think she is one who will always survive and flourish. Kristen is a mess (at least that is how she strikes me). I can't figure out what I think of Katie though in general she seems like one of the more NORMAL ones. Arianna and Lala are just over the very top. The newer guys seemed like they were trying to be on the show as opposed to really being on it. Sheana is also, in my opinion, a mess.

• Love 3

I mean, really.  I can't believe that Stassi is fired and Jax is not.  I can't believe that Jax is married and got a wedding on the show and Stassi won't.  The universe has well and truly won, and I'll just be here and wait for the dinosaurs to return.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

This is a hilarious attempt to avoid the axe. Do I think Lala is being genuine? No. There were reports of her watching the protests on the roof of some building nearby where a party was taking place and there were also reports of her driving near the protests while blasting Tupac and acting a fool. The only time she has ever been seen at one of the protests is when she and Randall were going shoe shopping, ran into the police barricade, and they each took selfies in front of the cops to do the whole "I was there!" (but not really) for social media clout. She tried so hard to be black and now she's trying so hard to own up to her whiteness but it's really just a transparent attempt at keeping her job. Everything about Lauren from Utah is performative - why wouldn't this be, too?

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

This is a hilarious attempt to avoid the axe. Do I think Lala is being genuine? No. There were reports of her watching the protests on the roof of some building nearby where a party was taking place and there were also reports of her driving near the protests while blasting Tupac and acting a fool. The only time she has ever been seen at one of the protests is when she and Randall were going shoe shopping, ran into the police barricade, and they each took selfies in front of the cops to do the whole "I was there!" (but not really) for social media clout. She tried so hard to be black and now she's trying so hard to own up to her whiteness but it's really just a transparent attempt at keeping her job. Everything about Lauren from Utah is performative - why wouldn't this be, too?

Lauren from Utah is such a fake ass bitch. She tried to benefit from Black culture and Black music without ever actually educating herself on black culture and history. You don't get to capitalize off of that and act woke and act like an ally. What she needs to say is that she fully has used systemic racism to her advantage. GTFO Pale Kartrashian.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Lauren from Utah is such a fake ass bitch. She tried to benefit from Black culture and Black music without ever actually educating herself on black culture and history. You don't get to capitalize off of that and act woke and act like an ally. What she needs to say is that she fully has used systemic racism to her advantage. GTFO Pale Kartrashian.

Much like Stassi, Lauren from Utah is a poster child for white privilege - maybe even more than Stassi is. It's gross how much Lala has used her faux black personality as her brand while benefiting from her white privilege to protect her. And just like Stassi, Lala is proving with that post that she's actually learned nothing from recent events and she's making it all about her (only one sentence from that whole IG post doesn't say "I" in some form). Unfortunately I think Lala is somehow going to escape this, disappear for six months, and appear as Lala 2.0 (maybe even as Lauren) and slide on all of this. 

• Love 10
On 6/18/2020 at 3:09 AM, Callaphera said:

Much like Stassi, Lauren from Utah is a poster child for white privilege - maybe even more than Stassi is. It's gross how much Lala has used her faux black personality as her brand while benefiting from her white privilege to protect her. And just like Stassi, Lala is proving with that post that she's actually learned nothing from recent events and she's making it all about her (only one sentence from that whole IG post doesn't say "I" in some form). Unfortunately I think Lala is somehow going to escape this, disappear for six months, and appear as Lala 2.0 (maybe even as Lauren) and slide on all of this. 

I remember on the very first episode, the thing that instantly turned me off Stassi was when she said "Sheana is so below me in terms of class. I went to an all-girls private school in New Orleans..." and I was disgusted and thought "Who tf talks like that???".  You would look down on someone for not having attended a private school and talk about someone in terms of CLASS??  I was actually cringing at that.  Not that it doesn't happen in Australia, but even in the super-expensive private high schools, students aren't as snobby, and the scholarship students are actually admired for their academic achievements and not pitied by the students from wealthier families. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I remember on the very first episode, the thing that instantly turned me off Stassi was when she said "Sheana is so below me in terms of class. I went to an all-girls private school in New Orleans..." and I was disgusted and thought "Who tf talks like that???".  You would look down on someone for not having attended a private school and talk about someone in terms of CLASS??  I was actually cringing at that.  

Stassi is and always will be a classist, elitist snob. Even worse, a Southern US snob (which explains so much of her recent behavior in hindsight). I’ll never forget thinking it was hilariously pathetic and petty for her to make that comment back then, seeing as though they *all* were working as servers/bartenders in the same restaurant so who even cared if one of them went to a private HS versus a public HS at that point?!

Obviously she kinda got over the class thing eventually, seeing as how she quickly realized Beau was as good as she was ever going to get, a tattooed pussy with a vague career who’s content to ride her coattails. And S1 Stassi would *never* have befriended the hayseed former Hooters girl Brittany either.

• Love 10
On 6/11/2020 at 5:21 AM, Ubiquitous said:

Ha! The first thing I noticed was a blurb about Stassi's wise-beyond-his-age 🙄 brother begging Bravo to not fire his sister. 🤣

There's something really "off" about that kid. He appears as though he's reading off a script. 

Like someone is grooming him for the next future season of VPR. That kid is weird. Im not a child hater but he just seems so fake. Perfect for VPR.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

There's something really "off" about that kid. He appears as though he's reading off a script. 

Like someone is grooming him for the next future season of VPR. That kid is weird. Im not a child hater but he just seems so fake. Perfect for VPR.

100% agree with you.  I've known incredibly intelligent, gifted and wise-and-mature-beyond-their-years children and they are not like that. At all. They just talk normally, even the shy ones.  You know that you're still talking to a kid, but you just talk to them like they're friends who are your age, not a 6-year-old (or under 10 years old).  Maybe Nikolai is different off-camera, but from what I have seen of him from the show, he's not talking like a regular old-soul kid.

• Love 4

It has been reported in a couple of tabloids that they are going to totally revamp Vanderpump Rules. They are going to drop the entire cast except for Scheana and move the show to Vegas with all new people without baggage. 

This seems like an excellent idea. I think it is quite possible that some of LVP’s restaurants in LA will never come back. The tourist trade is basically over in LA since the dual attacks of COVID and Mob rule would preclude star struck Middle Westerners from coming to her joints which I think is the majority of her business. The ultra woke will boycott her and I bet a bunch of them will go inside to lecture  and disrupt the meals of innocent diners. The police will be afraid to remove them or even if they tried you would have nightly Extravaganzas on Instagram and Tick Tock. I really think they will have a big problem going forward. Her business in LA are basically destroyed. She needs to cut her losses.

Moving the show to Vegas makes a lot of sense. Any tourist not afraid of COVID are much more likely to go to Vegas than LA. The bar is in Caesar’s Palace with private security which will not stand for any nonsense.

A new show without Jax, Ellie Mae, Tequila Katie and all the rest sounds pretty good. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/5/2020 at 2:19 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

It has been reported in a couple of tabloids that they are going to totally revamp Vanderpump Rules. They are going to drop the entire cast except for Scheana and move the show to Vegas with all new people without baggage. 

Wow.  That is huge news, but honestly, I would feel REALLY bad for the two Tom's.  I hope COVID doesn't do them in.  It very well may.  The Tom's have their faults, but I do think they were genuine in their bar efforts.

Makes me sad 😞

And I'm kinda over Lisa Vanderpump and I'm not sure I'd follow her to a new show with her and an entirely new cast.  Although I suppose I'd give it a try.

However, I would much rather see a Tom Tom show with their current and/or future bars should there be any.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

sheana would emerge the winner from all of this, who woulda thunk it?

just don't take Charlie. she won't have anything to say if she isn't calling people old.  just drop her off at the McDonalds in Barstow on the way to Vegas. she knows the way home from there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Are there any sources for this total revamp that kicks everyone but Scheana off the show? I have yet to see anything saying that and I do a daily check on VPR shenanigans because I love me a good dumpster fire. I'm having trouble believing this without an actual link to the stories. 

The only rumor I've seen (and I think it's still unconfirmed) is that Villa Blanca is closing for good. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I would prefer Charli over the low rent Scheana who currently works at the Vegas place. 

I can't stand either of them. I was just watching to see Jax's marriage implode. sadly may not get to see it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2