Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I saw some other photos of Brittney in her gown and it looked different.  I wonder if she had several different dresses for the day or added attachments.  

I read in People that it was convertible and she got several “looks” out of it.

i actually think that’s a cool idea... didn’t love the dress but I like the idea.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I saw some other photos of Brittney in her gown and it looked different.  I wonder if she had several different dresses for the day or added attachments.  

It was 1 dress with 3 different styles/looks.  I didn’t think the dress was at all flattering to her.

• Love 2

From the shows that I've watched, that style dress is quite popular, though, not to my taste.  The photos of her and Jax out on the lawn posing with her long train looked really good though. Was Jax's mother there?  I haven't seen anything about it.  I know of their rift, but, thought he would have her attend the wedding. 

• Love 1

Sounds like she wasn’t. From https://people.com/tv/vanderpump-rules-jax-taylor-brittany-cartwright-married/:  

Predicting his emotions on the big day, Taylor said, “It’s really, obviously bittersweet. My parents won’t be there. That’s just the hard part about it, but it’s obviously a big day in both of our lives. We’re both very, very excited. I’m very excited. We’re eager to get going.” (Taylor has been estranged from his mother since his father’s death.)

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

From the shows that I've watched, that style dress is quite popular, though, not to my taste.  The photos of her and Jax out on the lawn posing with her long train looked really good though. Was Jax's mother there?  I haven't seen anything about it.  I know of their rift, but, thought he would have her attend the wedding. 

I know the mom was invited to the engagement party and didn't attend (per what Jax and Brittney said on the show) but I vaguely recall Jax mentioning on the show that he didn't invite his mom to his wedding. I don't think she would show up but whether that was by her own choice or Jax's, I'm not entirely sure of.

I was another one that did not like Brittany's dress at all.   From the side she looked really chubby and the thing is, she's not.   Not a flattering dress at all.   And her hair?  Ugh...she's had better up-dos/styles on a regular VPR show.  I hate those slouchy cap sleeves, that would drive me crazy always trying to bring them up.   I did like the bridesmaid's dresses, except for their slouchy sleeves.   The colour scheme was pretty and so were the flowers.   

If Jax had a seat with a photo reserved for his father he should have done the same for his mother or he should have made sure that she was there.   That is going to come back to haunt him.  

I'd love to see a pic of Brittany before she got her boobs done (by the way,that surgeon should be shot, they are horrible).  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, S.Batts said:

I was another one that did not like Brittany's dress at all.   From the side she looked really chubby and the thing is, she's not.   Not a flattering dress at all.   And her hair?  Ugh...she's had better up-dos/styles on a regular VPR show.  I hate those slouchy cap sleeves, that would drive me crazy always trying to bring them up.   I did like the bridesmaid's dresses, except for their slouchy sleeves.   The colour scheme was pretty and so were the flowers.   

If Jax had a seat with a photo reserved for his father he should have done the same for his mother or he should have made sure that she was there.   That is going to come back to haunt him.  

I'd love to see a pic of Brittany before she got her boobs done (by the way,that surgeon should be shot, they are horrible).  

It's two very different situations though. His father, who he was close to, died. He very much wished his dad could have been there, and that's the way they chose to honor him. His mother, though, he is estranged from. For whatever reason, they aren't speaking. A wedding is for the bride and groom to enjoy, and if they didn't want someone there that would cause them distress, then she shouldn't be there. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

• Love 3
On 7/2/2019 at 9:23 AM, S.Batts said:

I was another one that did not like Brittany's dress at all.   

It looks like she’s wearing two shields over her breasts.

Randall Emmett always looks schlubby in photos. And kind of confused. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 7/4/2019 at 12:02 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Prefect way of describing the front of her dress, two shields covering her boobs.  Not flattering at all.  

• Love 5
On 6/30/2019 at 4:31 PM, RedDelicious said:

Easily one of the fugliest wedding dresses I have ever seen, and I thought Scheana’s was the worst. It looks like she’s standing there in her underwear and the real dress is on a hanger somewhere. 

Ths underwear dress looks like a cheap polyester thing from  Frederick's of Hollywood.

• Love 3
On 7/4/2019 at 2:02 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rand always looks like he’s come off a coke bender.  And I’m not convinced that’s not the exact truth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 7/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I wonder if Brittany is pregnant yet? 

I can't believe that she'd lose her spark that quickly.

5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Rand always looks like he’s come off a coke bender.  And I’m not convinced that’s not the exact truth.

Ah, the never-ending pasta pass. It is all about the pasta.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Brittany's mother:

Did she show up in her oversized gold hoop earrings, white frosted lipstick, over tweezed eyebrows, and tight low cut leopard print top, and praising Jayzuz all the way ?

She did ? Good. Tacky thru and thru. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:42 AM, HunterHunted said:

Oh Stripperella, you got to go the ball, meet your Prince Charming, marry him, and live happily ever after. Also Lauren from Utah is a hard looking 40.

Did the straps on Britney's dress fail, causing the front to flop down in front of her?

• LOL 2

Brittany's dress was awful.  Like Pnina Tornai completely forgot about her order and ran it off the sewing machine at 3 a.m. the morning of the wedding.  It just doesn't look very polished and none of the components go with one another.  I'm actually surprised she didn't go for more of a "princess" ballgown....big enough to rival a gypsy gown that couldn't fit down the aisle.  

I used to feel bad for Brittany but now I don't.  She's a willing participant in this mess.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Marley said:

Seems fake. But Schwartz is an idiot so it could be true lol.

^^ This, but add to that how much Katie wanted a wedding, so I could completely believe this. 

Edited by AnnieBananie
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

According to Lance Bass, Tom and Katie are not married because Tom forgot to return the completed paperwork.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5527377/lance-bass-reveals-vanderpump-rules-stars-tom-schwartz-and-katie-maloney-are-actually-not-married/

Used to work at a court house where marriage licenses were issued.  Every now and then we'd have issues where people hadn't filled out the license correctly, gave faulty information, or more commonly, had a minister who wasn't authorized to perform a ceremony in our state.  One time we had a cougar/boytoy type situation and it was very obvious that she was lying about her age.  She gave us the wrong information, and swore to it, so the license was invalid.  It worked out because about a week or 2 later, she returned wanting a divorce.   

• LOL 7

Are the Bubbas the new Sulahians (RHoOC)? In whatever season the Sulahians were on, they celebrated some 20+ anniversary only for viewers to discover that they'd been divorced for 20 years living together and raising 3 kids. They used the divorce to hide assets when the husband's business was being sued. So who's suing the Bubbas? No one. Schwartz is an idiot.

• Love 1

This is your moment, Schwartz! A cosmic do-over! It’s like the universe agrees with everyone that these two toxic messes should not be married and decided to do something about it. Walk away, Bubs! 

I shudder for any child these two bring into the world. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Didn’t this already happen?  Or on another show?  Or maybe a sitcom?  I swear this is not new news.  Or maybe it is.  I really could swear this was already a story line.  But then again I watch way too much manufactured drama trash reality TV, so sometimes the lines blur.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Didn’t this already happen?  Or on another show?  Or maybe a sitcom?  I swear this is not new news.  Or maybe it is.  I really could swear this was already a story line.  But then again I watch way too much manufactured drama trash reality TV, so sometimes the lines blur.

It's a trope. There's an ep of Gilligan's Island in which the Howells discovered the minister who married them was fake or something and the Skipper had to do the deed in the lagoon on a raft.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
On 7/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, geauxaway said:

didn't that happen on Mad About You?

Haha - my thoughts were "It sounds like they're working on their 'storyline' for this season" 😄 

(edited)

Jax takes pictures of Billie Lee (red shirt) and her friends out to lunch. Jax makes fun of Billie's friend Ko, who is the heavier woman with blonde hair, by calling her "Big Ang back from the dead." Let's be honest, there's no way he meant this as a compliment. Ko is also a transwoman. But somehow Billie Lee is the problematic "thirsty" one on the show. If this is the type of shit she had to deal with, I'm happy she left because these people are wastoid bigots. Hot fucking garbage. Billie Lee is thirsty because she tries to remind this crew of toxic waste to not treat different people terribly. Wasted on this collection of trash. If a group of crows is a murder, a group of owls is a parliament, what is a group of irredeemable bigoted reality show trash? A Zolciak? A Jax?

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

You should be so lucky? What? Jax, you literally JUST compared them! I...what? God, he is such a stupid, mean little man. You know, these people, in particular Jax and Katie, are just such monstrous, bitter, hateful human beings that this isn’t really even fun anymore. I stopped watching a couple seasons ago but even just following them via this board is bringing me down. What an ugly bunch.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, S.Batts said:

Though the likelihood of this having a grain of truth is high, I’m also going to take it with a grain of salt. The “source” could be anyone, including a (rightfully) angry Billie.

Speaking of which, I don’t think anyone would ever consider being called “Big Ang” a compliment. Which part is the compliment? Being compared to a mob wife? As a woman, being called “Big” ANYTHING? Jax has a trash mouth.

• Love 10
On 7/24/2019 at 6:02 AM, Pachengala said:

You should be so lucky? What? Jax, you literally JUST compared them! I...what? God, he is such a stupid, mean little man. You know, these people, in particular Jax and Katie, are just such monstrous, bitter, hateful human beings that this isn’t really even fun anymore. I stopped watching a couple seasons ago but even just following them via this board is bringing me down. What an ugly bunch.

I remember how the last reunion literally glossed over Jax's nasty fake Twitter/Instagram accounts saying he was Raquel, created for the sole purpose of slamming James.  Jax is a reprehensible human being.   But then, I also think Brittany has never been that sweet Southern peach she pretended to be but was as much an attention whore with a nasty hidden streak as the rest of these chucklefucks.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I remember how the last reunion literally glossed over Jax's nasty fake Twitter/Instagram accounts saying he was Raquel, created for the sole purpose of slamming James.  Jax is a reprehensible human being.   But then, I also think Brittany has never been that sweet Southern peach she pretended to be but was as much an attention whore with a nasty hidden streak as the rest of these chucklefucks.

Jax is so odious that it never occurred to viewers to check into Brittany to see if she was IRL the sweet small town southern girl that we saw on the show. Let's see, there was the arrest for a bar fight, cheating on her boyfriend when she hooked up with Jax in Vegas, homophobic mother, and that tweet supporting a Sandy Hook truther video. All signs point to yes that onscreen Brittany is very different from the real Brittany.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Jax is so odious that it never occurred to viewers to check into Brittany to see if she was IRL the sweet small town southern girl that we saw on the show. Let's see, there was the arrest for a bar fight, cheating on her boyfriend when she hooked up with Jax in Vegas, homophobic mother, and that tweet supporting a Sandy Hook truther video. All signs point to yes that onscreen Brittany is very different from the real Brittany.

Not surprised.  I was binge watching Seasons 1 and 2 over the weekend and had quite forgotten what a complete lying, nasty piece of shit Jax was, especially regarding Tom and Ariana , and how he would lie or embellish to make himself look good or to pass on gossip.  But I had to laugh when Jax in Cabo told Stassi and the girls about Scheana's smarmy "gang bang" comment to gain some favor with them and Scheana's revenge by telling Sandoval in front of Jax what he'd told people about Tom and Ariana in Vegas.  

There was an added bonus of a reminder how thorough vicious Stassi could be and that she was the purveyor of some pretty damn violent fantasies about what she'd do to her "enemies."  Like Camille on RHOBH, I think these are the REAL personalities of these two assholes, and they're scripting a redemption arc for themselves for the show.  

And Katie was as loathesome then as she is now.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Not surprised.  I was binge watching Seasons 1 and 2 over the weekend and had quite forgotten what a complete lying, nasty piece of shit Jax was, especially regarding Tom and Ariana , and how he would lie or embellish to make himself look good or to pass on gossip.  But I had to laugh when Jax in Cabo told Stassi and the girls about Scheana's smarmy "gang bang" comment to gain some favor with them and Scheana's revenge by telling Sandoval in front of Jax what he'd told people about Tom and Ariana in Vegas.  

There was an added bonus of a reminder how thorough vicious Stassi could be and that she was the purveyor of some pretty damn violent fantasies about what she'd do to her "enemies."  Like Camille on RHOBH, I think these are the REAL personalities of these two assholes, and they're scripting a redemption arc for themselves for the show.  

And Katie was as loathesome then as she is now.  

see, I can't reconcile Show Stassi with Podcast and Social Media Stassi.  She seems so down to earth off camera!

(edited)
3 hours ago, teapot said:

see, I can't reconcile Show Stassi with Podcast and Social Media Stassi.  She seems so down to earth off camera!

#NaziChic, #MeToo is a male witch hunt by women who are only coming forward for publicity, and why is it just Black people complaining about diversity is down to earth Stassi? Social Media Stassi is a lot like Show Stassi and they're both awful.

You also need to remember that Vanderpump Rules is Stassi's 3rd reality show (Amazing Race: Family Edition and Queen Bees). She's not a naif. She's been doing this for some time.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

The old Dick Van Dyke Show, Rob Petrie is applying for life insurance and discovers they are not married because Laura lied about her age - said she was 19 when when she was only 17. Cute episode.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Apparently Stassi and Beau are engaged too.

Lots of pictures and instastories from the day.  They had a dinner at LVP's after he proposed in the Hollywood Forever cemetary.   I haven't seen any posts from Kristen Doute though.   Is she on the outs with all of them?  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, vmarsissmart said:

Lots of pictures and instastories from the day.  They had a dinner at LVP's after he proposed in the Hollywood Forever cemetary.   I haven't seen any posts from Kristen Doute though.   Is she on the outs with all of them?  

The speculation is that LVP wouldn't let Kristen come to her house to celebrate, which is pretty fucking obnoxious of LVP if true. In the real world, I'd say that LVP has every right to allow whomever she wants to allow into her house. However, this isn't the real world. This is a TV show. This cast has had to put up with all manner of individuals for the sake of the show. Knowing now how nasty the cast was to Ariana in season 3, it's a wonder she didn't set the rest of them on fire during seasons 4 and 5. Furthermore, Kristen tries to be on her best behavior around LVP. Kristen was allowed to attend Schwartz and Katie's engagement party at Villa Rosa. Kristen gave a long rambling speech which was interrupted by a drunk belligerent Lala telling Kristen to shut the fuck up. In recent history, the people most inclined to be obnoxious, rude, and disrespectful in LVP's home and businesses are Jax, Lala, and James. And I know Jax and Lala were at the dinner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

The speculation I have seen is that that she has been on the outs with them since the wedding. In addition to not being at the party, she didn’t congratulate them, they didn’t interact when they had a recent wine event and she isn’t in any of their insta stories and has been only posting with none Vanderpunp people which is unusual for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3