Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

And am I a harpy for saying that I hope that Bravo either re-tools and/or cancels this show and every one of these dirtbags are facing foreclosure on those houses of theirs in six months.

No you're definitely not a harpy. I was completely ignorant about what went on in previous seasons because I hadn't been watching for a few years, and I don't follow these dolts on any platforms outside of the show. So the story of what happened to Faith was new and horrifying to me.

These awful people have been handsomely rewarded for being awful, and I can't believe nothing was done when they were initially bragging about it publicly. Bravo (that means YOU Andy Cohen) better step up and do something substantive. It's ratings that make bank for the cast, so I don't think I can watch anymore. I hope they lose their new houses.

• Love 7

That is very interesting if it is true.

Somehow I don't think so. I bet Stassi comes back to the show. Kristen had no organic place in the show and the other two douches were epic fails. 

It is a long way until filming begins again and the frenzy will pass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

That is very interesting if it is true.

Somehow I don't think so. I bet Stassi comes back to the show. Kristen had no organic place in the show and the other two douches were epic fails. 

It is a long way until filming begins again and the frenzy will pass.

How could she possibly come back from that? I doubt an article like that would be published if it wasn't true. I believe every word of it. Stassi lost her edge this past season,  she's no longer the big star of the show, her time has come and gone. Even her engagement was a bore.  I hope they give the show another season and totally revamp it, it was a boring mess this season. Maybe keep the Tom's and Scheana and hire all new cast, see how it goes. It may not last another season after that but so what. Nothing lasts forever. 

• Love 8

When has Bravo ever allowed someone back on the show who was fired because of racism or homophobia? Cast members do come back but usually they were fired for storyline reasons or they quit and had to come groveling back like Stassi did. When Bravo fires someone for cause they usually don’t come back. The problem is that there are many cast members that have done and said offensive things that don’t get fired. 

• Love 9

Bravo currently has no consistency. 

For example.  Brandi is coming back to RHOBH.  Even after racist remarks said.  It's been years, but shes coming back.

And RHOD fired LeeAnne after her racist remarks, but they are bringing Brandi and Stephanie back even though they also made racist remarks and pictures on Twitter and Instagram.

Kelly Dodd, RHOC, has also made racist remarks, but she is coming back.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

Will Lisa Vanderpump or Andy Cohen be held accountable for allowing Stassi & Kristen to film the show this season ?

They must have been aware of their actions against Faith who was a former employee of Lisa's .

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Now what about Lala? What about Jax? Might as well continue to clean house.

I think that Stassi and Kristin's behavior was just so egregious they had no choice but to take action (calling the police on her was, in essence, putting her life at risk), even though they are part of the "core" cast.  I am glad they threw Max and Brett out as well, given LVP/AC's stance at the reunion part 1;  personally I think they should have been given the boot as soon as those old tweets came out.  Curious to see what happens with Lala and Jax down the line - their behavior was at least as bad as Max and Brett.  Or, maybe Bravo will use this as the excuse to just cancel the show (which, setting these issues aside, it is probably time to do so anyway). 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Now what about Lala? What about Jax? Might as well continue to clean house.

Wow! I hope the show comes back with the Toms and their girls and a new cast.  They may definitely lose their new homes now. 

Watching season 2 on Bravo today and can definitely see why Katie and Stassi were done with Kristin this season. They've been dealing with her boy crazy whining for nearly a decade!

• Love 4

Brandi wasn’t let go because of her racist comments. She was fired because LVP wouldn’t film with her which is basically a storyline issue. They should have fired her for her racist remarks but they let those slide and she filmed at least one season after she made them. They let a lot of racist and homophobic comments slide but when they do decide to fire cast members for their racism (which they are very inconsistent about doing) those cast members usually stay gone. Maybe Stassi will be the exception but I doubt it. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Let's see......and how well does Kristen think that her James Mae t-shirt line is going to do now that she is branded as a racist?  How about that Witches of Weho Wine Line?  Yeah, Kristen may have to put on the apron and go back to being a waitress.  Too bad Lisa fired her from SUR and she can't use her for a reference.  I wonder if Stassi's publisher has dropped her yet.  And I don't know how much money she makes off that Podcast but the platforms for broadcast may refuse to carry her after this.  

I think VPR is going to be retooled and focus on TomTom rather than SUR.  Which is going to prove a BIG problem for Jax after those remarks he made about Sandoval.  Whatever else he is, he's an owner, and Jax will find himself on the outs.   I imagine if true that he's fired from VPR, ol' Max is probably looking at permanent unemployment even when TomTom reopens.  Danica and Charli are SUR so either they'll have to hire them over at TT or eliminate them.  

And Lala and the D-List Producer really have no storyline, although I'm sure they would love a Bravo spin off on their wedding.   I'm over Scheana as well - girlfriend, you CAN'T sing, will you just stop with the pop music career.  You.Don't.Have.One.

• Love 10

Wouldn't it be loverly if StASSi, and Bo had to do their wedding ALL BY THEMSELVES?? NO CAMERAS?? NO Bravo $$$???  I would laugh my fool head off if that twit had to be a Bridezilla ALL ALONE.

I read the entire article and it seemed real to me.  But who knows. Time will tell.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, jaybird2 said:

jax will be next....who is going to pay for their homes now

Indeed.  I read through the Variety article.  When asked about Jax's comments about Faith and whether he'd be fired, supposedly Bravo said "no comment."  I wouldn't be surprised to see Jax get the boot back into the streets of WeHo as well.  And no Jax, no Brittany - that cornpone couldn't hold anyone's interest.  That pretty much leaves the two Toms, Katie, Ariana, Scheana and Lala.  Oh and James and Raquel, I guess.

Here's a question - does anyone think James is laughing his ass off at Kristen's firing?  Considering she worked overtime to get him fired from his non-SUR DJ gigs, the Schadenfreude must be wonderful.  If Jax gets fired, too, I hope James gets a chance to rub it in his face.  Remember James, the Sicilians are right - "revenge" is a dish best served cold.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

The annoying thing is none of their ratchet behavior is new. Only waited till BLM protests/George Floyd dying all over the world to do something about it. Even Max and Brett were spared a few months ago.

Now just fire disgusting misogynistic/homophobic/racist Jax. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, backhometome said:

The annoying thing is none of their ratchet behavior is new. Only waited till BLM protests/George Floyd dying all over the world to do something about it. Even Max and Brett were spared a few months ago.

Now just fire disgusting misogynistic/homophobic/racist Jax. 

... And don't forget Heeehaaaaaaaaaw Brittany ! Good riddance, you, fake bitch (because, yes, I really think she is. Fake and a bitch)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

... And don't forget Heeehaaaaaaaaaw Brittany ! Good riddance, you, fake bitch (because, yes, I really think she is. Fake and a bitch)

She is the fakest of them all and has a vicious streak she tries to cover up with this ‘golly gee’ facade.  It wouldn’t surprise me if she egged Stassi & Kristen on in what they did to Faith.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

This story has been reported by multiple media outlets so I don’t doubt its veracity. And it’s been building over the last week with the “break from the podcast to listen and learn”, dropout of sponsors, and then the PR company, so now the firing.

I couldn’t be happier. Couldn’t have happened to a nastier, vapid, stuck up for nothing, mean girl. I always wondered why Beau was with someone who was so mean to him. Her endearing personality? I doubt it. Maybe her looks. I personally thought it was fame and money. I guess we’ll see. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I think VPR is going to be retooled and focus on TomTom rather than SUR. 

Hmm, I could see this working, as long as no new skeletons fall out of the closet and assuming that Max was not only fired from VPR but also from his "real" job as manager of Tom Tom.  I wonder how Katie was somehow not part of the "prank" (since when is calling the police on someone a prank?)?  I'd like to think she saw it was crossing a line (given her reaction to the other police "prank"), but, given it is Katie, maybe it would have just taken too much of her effort?

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

She is the fakest of them all and has a vicious streak she tries to cover up with this ‘golly gee’ facade.  It wouldn’t surprise me if she egged Stassi & Kristen on in what they did to Faith.

I agree. I find Brittany super fake. I always thought this, but I inadvertently watched a VH1 pop-up video style episode, rather than a regular VPR episode. In it, production confirmed that Brittany “always tries to come off as a sweetheart” and it “gives her major anxiety” if she thinks she isn’t being portrayed that way. If you really were a sweetheart, you wouldn’t worry about being “portrayed” that way.

I’ll be honest. I’ve never been a Brittany fan. She comes off as a fan of the show who tried her best to hitch her wagon to (what she thought) was a shining star for fame, money, and a better life that she doesn’t have to work for. I do not have any sympathy for her regarding anything Jax. He showed her and all of us who he really is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

I'm sorry but I have no respect for Bravo.  They're just doing what's en vogue and on trend. Stassi has been known to be problematic for years and they don't have a problem until now?? Those tweets from Max and Brett surfaced months ago. Again,  NOW you're going to fire them? It's just so fucking transparent and infuriating. If these were fireable offenses, then they all should have been fired when they were made aware of said offenses, which was a long ass time ago. This is such bullshit. 

And Jax Taylor, probably the vilest sociopath ever seen on Bravo, gets to keep his job? That seems right. NOT. If they TRULY want to stand up for what's right, they need to practically clean the entire house or just cancel the shit altogether.

I can't see inside Stassi's heart, but I have seen a true improvement in her behavior in the past couple years since this incident happened.  Her apology on Instagram was classy and seemed sincere to me. Could she realize it makes sense to keep her true thoughts to herself because the world tends to frown on those with controversial opinions when it comes to race and sexual assault? Absolutely. But I think it's also possible that she truly has grown as a person over this time and come to realize her past actions were truly wrong and she is appropriately mortified about them. I'd be lying if I didn't say if I was Bravo I would give her the benefit of the doubt. Shit, they already have all this time...

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 9

Bye, bitches.

giphy.gif

Why does Brittney get a pass: 
"Nappy headed"???? 

Them's fighting firing words. I barely watch this anymore and don't follow anyone's social media so this was all news to me. GTFO...all of you smug, over-leveraged, under-educated bores. And grab Andy Cohen on your way out.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Bye, bitches.

giphy.gif

"Nappy headed"???? 

Them's fighting firing words. I barely watch this anymore and don't follow anyone's social media so this was all news to me. GTFO...all of you smug, over-leveraged, under-educated bores. And grab Andy Cohen on your way out.

BALENCIAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist 😇

but yes her screaming at Faith about ‘nappy-headed’ - I don’t doubt that at all - plus Jax also posting about Faith’s so-called crimes on social media - I actually think what Jax and Brittany did was even worse than what Brett and Max did, and they should be let go as well.  I don’t want the show cancelled, I want it to go on at least another season so the a-holes who got fired can watch it from their parents’ basements.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Regalbegal said:

Hmm, I could see this working, as long as no new skeletons fall out of the closet and assuming that Max was not only fired from VPR but also from his "real" job as manager of Tom Tom.  I wonder how Katie was somehow not part of the "prank" (since when is calling the police on someone a prank?)?  I'd like to think she saw it was crossing a line (given her reaction to the other police "prank"), but, given it is Katie, maybe it would have just taken too much of her effort?

Maybe she just didn't boast about it on social media (because it would have taken too much effort? 😄 )

Here's my favorite line from that article about them being fired (referring to Max and the gruesome Brett):

Boyens and Caprioni as well, who were new this season, and largely despised.)

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Regalbegal said:

I just read an interview from Faith on RealityBlurb (not sure).

Faith said she got along really well with Ariana, Katie and James.  She also said Katie and her hung out together, but it wasnt shown.

So maybe Katie wasnt onboard.  And due to the luxury of white privilege/ignorance didn't see the problem of not speaking up back then to defend Faith.

This season she did speak up over a prank and, well, we all saw how that went.

Found it.  You gotta scroll through some ads, but here it is.

https://realityblurb.com/2020/06/09/faith-stowers-claims-lisa-vanderpump-would-rather-protest-for-dogs-than-against-racism-credits-katie-ariana-and-james-for-being-welcoming-to-her-on-vanderpump-rules/

Edited by dosodog
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Good news: We will be spared Stassi's wedding and bridezilla behavior.

Now that I think about it, Stassi might be spared Stassi's wedding and bridezilla behavior...wonder if Beau is in it for the long (not famous) haul.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if she egged Stassi & Kristen on in what they did to Faith.

Nor me.  I read on another thread she referred to Faith as "nappy-headed."  She needs to go.  And take her coked up racist, misogynist spouse with her.  I'm seeing reports that fans are telling Bravo now that Jax has to go as well for his past comments about Faith as well.  

Time to clean house, Bravo.  Frankly, cancel the show in its present form and retool.  

• Love 12
(edited)

The current racial unrest provided Bravo a very convenient opportunity to get rid of people they probably wanted to get rid of anyway.  Kristen has no place on the show anymore - nor does Stassi for that matter. 

My guess is they will re-tool the show so its more bar-centric as it was in the beginning.   The two Tom's will be the only ones who are secure I feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did clean house with all the rest.  Lala really doesn't have a place on the show anymore and Jax and Scheana are borderline. 

James will stay given his DJ work. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

My conspiracy theory (which I’m devising out of thin air with no knowledge or evidence) is that the show itself will be canceled outright so there’s no “loss” to Bravo by firing the 4 of them, but at least they’re on the right side of social justice by doing so. There was really no place to go with the friendships of the original cast apparently truly over and not just for TV’s sake. And there’s no sense in keeping the new girls without the love triangles and drama with the new boys.

I think the whole show will not be renewed. If anything, maybe a new TomTom spin-off with the Toms, Ariana, and Katie. Since Scheana is friends with Ariana, she could be a “friend of” and appear on the show. Actually now that James is sober and even Katie forgives him, I suppose he might be featured DJing at TomTom and their Garden at TomTom or whatever it is. Well, I guess LaLa is friends with all of them, too... I suppose long story short, lose the 4 plus the rest of the new cast, throw Jax and Brittany out with him (since he’s not friends with the Toms and he surely pissed off Lisa by calling it his show), and rebrand it focusing on TomTom—or just drop the show entirely. 

• Love 4
(edited)

They are going to retool with the people in hand and add a few new faces. That’s all they need to do. Charli has a lot of potential as a villain and they can just bring in fresh guys as meat. They can also import baby Scheana from Vegas and set her up as a rival to the other new girls. This year was the beginning of the transition and the cancel culture hysteria just sped up the process. The only real loss was Stassi who will be back on her redemption tour.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

My conspiracy theory (which I’m devising out of thin air with no knowledge or evidence) is that the show itself will be canceled outright so there’s no “loss” to Bravo by firing the 4 of them, but at least they’re on the right side of social justice by doing so. There was really no place to go with the friendships of the original cast apparently truly over and not just for TV’s sake. And there’s no sense in keeping the new girls without the love triangles and drama with the new boys.

I think the whole show will not be renewed. If anything, maybe a new TomTom spin-off with the Toms, Ariana, and Katie. Since Scheana is friends with Ariana, she could be a “friend of” and appear on the show. Actually now that James is sober and even Katie forgives him, I suppose he might be featured DJing at TomTom and their Garden at TomTom or whatever it is. Well, I guess LaLa is friends with all of them, too... I suppose long story short, lose the 4 plus the rest of the new cast, throw Jax and Brittany out with him (since he’s not friends with the Toms and he surely pissed off Lisa by calling it his show), and rebrand it focusing on TomTom—or just drop the show entirely. 

I'd love for the Tom's to open a bar without Lisa and then get a spin-off of their own.  I'd watch that hands-down (Katie and Arianna need jobs, though).

• Love 5
(edited)

If they don't cancel the show and keep Jax, Brit, (ugh) Schwartz, Katie, Scheana and Lala I will be curious if they keep their friendship with Stassi. Hollywood is fickle and they may not want to be associated with her in order to protect their own careers. That would be the final kick in the gut for Stassi. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

It would be a bold and interesting move to remain friends with Stassi. Although they are being very quiet right now not everyone agrees with cancel culture and like the Satanic Child abuse hysteria and Salem Witch trails this will eventually end. It is just red hot right now and people can’t see it ever ending.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, Victim Noises said:

I'm sorry but I have no respect for Bravo.  They're just doing what's en vogue and on trend.

I totally agree with this, but Bravo is a business - as are all networks - so doing what it wants to make a buck is what it should be doing.  

I will say this.  I've always felt that media and pop culture are the two things that might actually be successful in bringing about societal change where needed - especially in countries where people aren't free.

Bravo is a big part of this - at least more so than the slow-moving regular networks.  I am ok with Bravo taking a stand on race and other human rights issues even if it is only for PR purposes.  Something is better than nothing.  I also think that Andy is a BIG part of this.  He may be an ass in various ways, but he is a champion for equal rights and I don't think Bravo would be making such bold moves without him.  He is the face of the network and sets the tone.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6

Bravo is following not leading. If the tweets of those two morons were a problem they should have fired them then and there. What Stassi and Kristen did was not a problem until the hysteria of the outrage mob came to their doorstep. Instead they are virtue signaling and running to catch up with the parade.

As usual their hypocrisy is overwhelming.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, CoffeeTV said:

I agree. I find Brittany super fake. I always thought this, but I inadvertently watched a VH1 pop-up video style episode, rather than a regular VPR episode. In it, production confirmed that Brittany “always tries to come off as a sweetheart” and it “gives her major anxiety” if she thinks she isn’t being portrayed that way. If you really were a sweetheart, you wouldn’t worry about being “portrayed” that way.

I’ll be honest. I’ve never been a Brittany fan. She comes off as a fan of the show who tried her best to hitch her wagon to (what she thought) was a shining star for fame, money, and a better life that she doesn’t have to work for. I do not have any sympathy for her regarding anything Jax. He showed her and all of us who he really is.

Anyone who works at Hooters has a clue.  Brittany ain't so sweet and innocent.  She's a complete poser - and the fakest of them all.

17 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Bye, bitches.

giphy.gif

"Nappy headed"???? 

Ditto!

Didn't Brittany have an African American boyfriend?  I think he was on the one-up series where Brittany and Jax went back Kentucky.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That sounds like fun. I think James would totally be safe because he's Max Todd's friend and Lisa really does love him. I think she likes LaLa a lot, as well. But I pray they get rid of the new cast. All of them because they are boring AF or stupid/silly AF.

• Love 1

They have a germ of a new show here and they need to explore it.

Charli showed the way. The new show can be about the new people mocking and belittling the old cast. Just think how much fun it would be to seeJax losing his shit every week as Charli and Mini Me Scheana mock his old man ways. Think of Tom Sandoval losing it when the young kids ridicule his costumes and over the top antics. He would be crying every episode. James has been doing this all along and now he can have free reign.

It would certainly be very entertaining.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

It would be a bold and interesting move to remain friends with Stassi. Although they are being very quiet right now not everyone agrees with cancel culture and like the Satanic Child abuse hysteria and Salem Witch trails this will eventually end. It is just red hot right now and people can’t see it ever ending.

These two things are not comparable. Stassi, nor anyone, is being fairly persecuted. In fact, there's recorded evidence of racist comments Stassi has made on her own podcast. Do not attempt to trivialize black voices by comparing this movement to mass hysteria. That is very disrespectful and I hope that's not what you meant.

• Love 16

The Reverend Al Sharpton was forgiven for making false allegations about Steven Pagones in the Tawana Bradley case. Much like Stassi’s false allegations in this case. He did have to pay damages for slander.

I guess she might get sued and have to pay damages but at least she can look forward to a gig as a commentator at MSNBC.

• Love 4

The problem with just labeling people/businesses as hypocrites is it doesn't allow for growth.  And I don't really care why Bravo is doing this, I'm just glad they are doing it.  It's sending the right message, even if it's coming FAR later than it should have and blatantly obvious they are being reactionary.  Just because they have been complete shit when it comes to this stuff in the past, doesn't mean they shouldn't change their policies now.  It's the right thing to do, and I've always held the opinion that even if you do the right thing for the wrong reasons, you still did the right thing.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Bravo is following not leading. If the tweets of those two morons were a problem they should have fired them then and there. What Stassi and Kristen did was not a problem until the hysteria of the outrage mob came to their doorstep. Instead they are virtue signaling and running to catch up with the parade.

As usual their hypocrisy is overwhelming.

What Stassi and Kristen did (as well as what Max and Brett did) was a problem even before the recent protests. Bravo should have fired them for their behavior back when it first came out. Bravo was in the wrong for not doing it earlier. The people putting pressure on Bravo to get rid of them pushed Bravo to do the right thing, which they should have done beforehand. It’s sad that people had to put pressure on Bravo to fire them because their behavior was absolutely problematic. 

• Love 10