Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E11: Kind Of Like Cream Cheese (11) / Still Holdin' On (12)

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I don't think I want to see what prompts an quote like "kind of like cream cheese" with this crew.

"Being on Survivor with my mom is kind of like... cream cheese. I just love it so much, but I need to learn what life is like with jam, or maybe nutella. It's time to go be my own bagel."

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 11

It could be an indication of the "gross" food challenge, and someone says the line about a delicacy they've eaten. I've heard that brains are often cheese-like, and that does get used in that challenge.

• Love 1

What is up with people giving Missy rewards? Reed did it last week and her alliance just handed her the horseback ride & bbq tonight? Is she more endearing than she comes across to me? I am so tired of her pouncing on everyone who breathes something negative about her baby Baylor. I am glad Reed said what he did to her about her doing that.

• Love 22

I HATE HATE HATE Missy, Baylor and Natalie.  This is from someone who doesn't like anybody this season.  But just for this one episode I was rooting for Reed... just to get rid of Missy.

Jon and Jaclyn are annoying but I want those 3 gone before them.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 12

Yes Missy, your child is a brat.

Excuuuse me???

I'm 15 minutes in and I've been spitting mad three times already: 

--Jon crowing about "sniffing out the blindside" and then taking credit for playing his idol.  He was the only one who didn't understand when Keith drove a Mack truck over the plan!

--Missy acts like a stranger just spanked her toddler.

--Agree with ElleryAnne on the idol.  If we're saving camera time, just put the idol in the urn.  KEITH could have found that thing.

Good show, so far.  : )

Edited by candall
  • Love 15

Jon is just so delusional about how he's controlling the game. Thinks he's the Big Kahuna leading his alliance.

Natalie needs to get Jon or Missy out soon. She's low person in her alliance.

• Love 17

Jon is just so delusional about how he's controlling the game. Thinks he's the Big Kahuna leading his alliance.

Castaways portrayed like this typically don't win, so I'm hoping that's a good omen that Jon won't be winning.  But that'll have to wait for a later week since he won the second Immunity Challenge tonight.  Damn.

Not sad to see Reed go.  His lack of screen time early on pretty much meant he wouldn't win, anyway.  And Alec was enough of a douche that I don't feel bad for him, either.  Once Jon won immunity, the die was pretty much cast.

• Love 3

I just cannot figure out why nobody thought of taking Jaclyn out?

Baylor, Natalie, Keith & Alec could have vote her out.  What purpose does she serve other than as a doormat for Jon?  Baylor would have gone along with the other 3.

I cannot stand any of them, but I dislike Keith the least. 

I was wondering the same thing. I thought that Natalie especially would have immediately thought of doing so after Jon won immunity.

I'm not a fan of the notion that whoever has the most tragic real life circumstances should win the money, so as cynically heartless as this will sound, I was cringing and ready to roll my eyes at Jon at tribal council.

I'm surprised that neither Baylor or Missy said (at least on air) anything about Reed's behavior at the reward challenge as a last-ditch attempt to stir the pot.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 7

I wondered the same thing.  She seemed like the obvious choice for Natalie and Baylor to target.

I was hoping the immunity challenge would have been a word puzzle or obstacle course or something.  This season it seems like "balance and coordination" is moving ahead of "good social game" in the hierarchy of important traits for a survivor.  

• Love 9

I wondered the same thing leighdear.  This season seems like it's going in slow motion.  I enjoyed the first hour but the second hour was boring to me.  All of a sudden Natalie is after Jon after she told him last week to play his idol.  Whaaaa?  All of a sudden she needs revenge for Jeremy..

I wish this season would end soon.  I still hate everybody.

• Love 6

Is this the season of the wink?

Seriously, why did we have to go back-to-back with episodes now? I'm miffed because it screws up my personal TV and posting schedule. There were no real blindsides, no tiebreakers, and an aborted Reward Challenge. What did we learn? Jon loves his wine, he misses his father, and Alec can't spell. Then again, I would've expected Keith to biff "Alec." Good for him for knowing how to spell.

Beating Drew was a win for Alec. That's an awfully low bar to set. I guess it's good for a dumbass not to flame out like his dumber-ass brother.

Still feeling nervous for Natalie. I mean, props for her putting up with Jon's wine snobbery, but then he had to go win immunity. To me, she's the only person worth winning the game. Jon & Jaclyn are too combustible, Missy is too doting a mother, Baylor is a bit of a brat, and Keith is a non-entity that would probably get one vote on Day 39 at most.

• Love 12

If you couldn't take out Jon, you should have taken out Jaklyn and deal with Jon next, Natalie.

Missy and her brat will not save you.

eat that rat!!

Keith survives and the gang of 5 is pissed.  JJ voted wrong.  Hmmmm.

• Love 3

I think everyone is afraid of what Jon would do if they voted Jaclyn out.

It used to gross me out whenever Keith would spit but now I laugh at how the editors keep finding opportunities to show it. It's like a drinking game.

• Love 11

I am kind of liking this Natalie-Baylor alliance and it is kind of surprising to see that Baylor didn't tell her Mom about Nat's idol and obviously didn't tell her about Nat voting for Alec. 

• Love 7

Ah Natalie, too bad you didn't take that pompous ass Jon out last week when you had the chance. I was so looking forward to him being voted out in the second episode but then he won immunity. Argh!

Right now I'm rooting for Natalie only because I hope she can find a way to get him out next week.

All the couple drama between Jon and Jaclyn is nauseating! This is why I hate these blood vs. water seasons.

I hope somehow Keith makes it to the end. I don't like any of these players but Keith irritates me the least.

• Love 5

Well, that was a waste of two hours. This season is pretty awful in general, and I'm tired of Jaclyn and Jon being such camera hogs. I almost just turned it off when they were performing their dumbshit argument act. And then we have to hear about Jon's dad, too? They should have just cut this season short, like they did with that reward challenge.

Edited by Liqidclark
  • Love 4

All of a sudden Natalie is after Jon after she told him last week to play his idol.  Whaaaa?  All of a sudden she needs revenge for Jeremy..

Natalie explained that last week.  She wanted Jon out, but she needed to get Reed out first since he was smart enough to think of things on his own.  Jon, quite often, needs Jaclyn to point things out to him, so he was less threatening.

• Love 11

Again with the poor editing, especially in the second episode. I knew the second they were showing TH's and personal interviews with Alec that he was done because I don't think we've gotten a TH from Alec in weeks. I also knew the second they blatantly showed all the plotting to get rid of Jon that he would win immunity. Poor, poor job editors. 

I'm not sure how I feel about that move by Natalie. I get what she was saying that Keith was a stronger option to beat Jon in an Immunity Challenge but I hate that she's underestimating herself and even the other women so much to assume they couldn't do it themselves. Because to me, that move just put a huge target on her back to Jon who already feels closer to Missy and I don't trust Baylor for one second to not turn tail and run to Mommy when the shit hits the fan.

I know Natalie has the idol to protect herself for at least one vote but the point is, that move basically means Jon and others will see her coming because they know now not to totally trust her. I almost feel like she was just so hyped to pull a blindside and was so disappointed when she couldn't because Jon won immunity that she pulled a move anyway just to make one, whether it made sense or not. 

I seriously cringed at Alec's very amateur attempts at flirting with Baylor to save himself. But far more cringe worthy than his awkward bullshit lines was the fact that she fell for it enough, at least at the moment, to be against Natalie wanting to go for Alec. I see she inherited her mom's naivete when it comes to men. Although going by the vote count, I think she did end up voting for Alec, though I'm not sure if that's not how the original split vote was supposed to go anyway. 

I cracked up over Probst twice at tribal council - the first time when the rat showed up and as soon as it's gone, without missing a beat, he uses it to make some Survivor analogy and get right back to tribal council. Dude doesn't miss a beat. And the second was after Jon shares his whole emotional story, he jumps right to what you know some of the others were thinking, "oh shit, is the jury gonna vote for him now because they feel bad for him." I loved Jon's face when Probst said this, like "wait...what, people might think that?" Ah you know, I kind of like Jon. He's a total goober but seems like a genuinely nice guy. 

Going back to the first episode, the editing again was poor and I knew Reed was going and it's interesting that everyone voted for him. The person who I thought looked the worse in that episode was Jaclyn. It pretty much confirmed the impression I got from her when she kept harping about the guys not talking to her at tribal council, the week after the Josh vote. Jaclyn seems to be a very entitled, borderline drama queen. And honestly based on some of her behavior that episode, especially the very inappropriate flirting with Alec long before Jon "blew up" at her as she claimed, all I could think was "when you guys get back from the game, dump her Jon because you deserve better." It's like dude needs to really consider if this is the hill he wants to lay on the rest of his life. 

The Missy/Reed argument was interesting. I do think Reed snapped unnecessarily at Baylor and seemed to come more from a place of frustration and anger at seeing how clearly his game had been blown up. Because unless the editing didn't show everything, all Baylor said was "well you like everyone" when he said he had no issues with Jaclyn. That being said, while his brat comment to Baylor was a little random and unnecessary, Missy's whole attitude is a bit much. I mean I get it, I'm not a mom myself, no desire to be, but I imagine there is that natural instinct to protect. But it does seem like Missy treats Baylor like a child where she gets super defensive at even the hint of criticism against her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12

I'm happy a little on Keith sliding by again for another week. It's funny and funny how at TC Missy had a shocked look on her face yet she voted for Alec too along with Baylor, Keith, & Natalie. I was upset with Keith though when he didn't win the immunity challenge and Jon won. I want Jon out so bad, he's so irritating and arrogant and really don't fall for that story. I sympathize with what his father is going through, but IMO he told that story a little too early and should have saved it for the jury if he was to make it to the finals.

Missy annoyed me again with going after Reed for calling Baylor a brat. She was acting like a brat with that snarky comment towards Reed and Reed called her out on it. I think Reed knows that Baylor is your daughter Missy. No wonder Baylor is a brat, Missy doesn't allow for Baylor to defend and stand up for herself with Missy always there.

Baylor and Missy annoyed me again with their constant whining and crying. Go the fuck away and hopefully Missy is taken right out the competition next week. I don't wish harm on her but I can do without her and Baylor. Also Baylor and Natalie only ONE of you have the idol, not both of you.

Jaclyn still acts like a little princess which is grating. Everyone saying that her and Alec were flirting and Jaclyn having inappropriate body languages was so exaggerating cause Jaclyn wasn't doing any of that, so IDK what people were talking about. Why not blindside and get rid of Jaclyn since can't get rid of Jon. That's what I would have done. I'm tired of them thinking that they're the swing votes and all that nonsense.

The game look like it was getting to Alec, barely winning any rewards, barely eating, alliance members going away, it was his time to go, so he can eat and get clean.

Guess rooting for Natalie and Keith and hope they can play the game and get rid of the rest of them.  The way Wes and Keith were winking was making me think they had some alliance going the whole time with Natalie or something lol. Would be amazing if they formed a secret alliance that nobody knew about.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Still don't understand why Natalie didn't just switch the target to Jaclyn after Jon won immunity.

Everyone talks about Baylor being a brat but it's Jaclyn. She freaks out like a spoiled 12 year old every time she doesn't get her way.

Pulling for anyone but J/J. That is one nauseating couple.

• Love 14

I think Natalie is trying to make Jon and Jaclyn feel safe. I think they are not considering Jaclyn right now because Jon is more of a threat with Jaclyn gone than vice versa. If Jon goes next week, then girls rule and vote Keith out, then MBN vote Jaclyn out. I was holding off on the Jaclyn=princess opinion until tonight. Honestly! Missy can pick who she wants. And duh, Jaclyn, Natalie just let you take her spot in a reward challenge a couple of weeks ago! How ungracious can you get?  I liked Ratty's appearance at Tribal. He should get a vote.

Jon was looking extra handsome tonight. More reason to vote him off. Go Natalie!

• Love 3

Natalie explained that last week.  She wanted Jon out, but she needed to get Reed out first since he was smart enough to think of things on his own.  Jon, quite often, needs Jaclyn to point things out to him, so he was less threatening.

Yep.  It's all about the numbers.  Natalie whacking Jon last week put her at the bottom of Reed and the fart alliance.  

• Love 2

I'm happy a little on Keith sliding by again for another week. It's funny and funny how at TC Missy had a shocked look on her face yet she voted for Alec too along with Baylor, Keith, & Natalie.

Natalie was supposed to vote for Keith but decided to change it to Alec. The only one who knew she was going to do it was Baylor that is why Missy, Jaclyn and Jon  all looked shocked.

• Love 3
I am kind of liking this Natalie-Baylor alliance and it is kind of surprising to see that Baylor didn't tell her Mom about Nat's idol and obviously didn't tell her about Nat voting for Alec.

So am I.  I dislike Missy, but Baylor's been growing on me since her alliance with Nat.  

When Baylor was talking with Alec and it seemed like he was winning her over, my first thought was, "No, Baylor, don't become your mother."  Alec may have sounded sympathetic (or rather, pitiful) about having no one to talk to, but part of the reason for that is that he was a douche earlier this season.

Jon is more of a threat with Jaclyn gone

I'm not sure how, though.  He'd be outnumbered against Natalie, Baylor, Alec, Keith and likely Missy.  I don't think Baylor would flip on Nat, so Jon would have to take every immunity challenge (and/or keep finding idols) to make it to F3.  

• Love 2

Excuuuse me???

I'm 15 minutes in and I've been spitting mad three times already: 

--Jon crowing about "sniffing out the blindside" and then taking credit for playing his idol.  He was the only one who didn't understand when Keith drove a Mack truck over the plan!

--Missy acts like a stranger just spanked her toddler.

--Agree with ElleryAnne on the idol.  If we're saving camera time, just put the idol in the urn.  KEITH could have found that thing.

Good show, so far.  : )

These things bothered me, too.  Everyone there could see that Jon was clueless.  Does he always make up things in his mind like that?

I was irritated by Jaclyn's whining about how Jon was suffering on EI, therefore she should have gone on reward.  First of all, we've seen how you treat people who send you on rewards.  Second, we all know that Jon will come back with the HII that the camera man kindly points out to him.  Ugh!  I want the super couple (puke) to turn on each other.

The thing that bothered me most about the "brat" comment was Baylor's reaction.  The mouth falling open, big-eyed innocence, and immediately turning that look to Mommy, to see how Mommy takes care of it for her.  That is what Missy reacted to, even more than the comment itself.  They probably are unaware of this dynamic, but it's not healthy.

• Love 16

Why was Jaclyn whining about not going on the reward?  Did someone just give up their reward for her a few days ago?  Why shouldn't Natalie get a turn?  That really lowered my opinion of her!  

It was also annoying and disappointing to see the challenge just come to a stop and let Missy win.  I would have wanted to see it play out, even if they had a plan for how it would go!  It still could have changed based on who answered the questions right!  Grrrrrr.....

I don't get the appeal of Missy and Baylor at all (and Missy's fringed top, ugh).  To me they're non-entities and it would be quite disappointing to see them in the final 3.  I really like Natalie though and would like to see her as a dark horse in this thing!  

The idol is getting boring.  Every time they go to find it after getting a clue they seem to find it in an obvious spot.  The suspense is gone.  I keep remembering that season (China?) when they searched and searched and didn't find it, and it was right in front of them on the rice box at camp.  Ever since Russell it's been so predictable.  Blah.  

• Love 6

I think Natalie was correct that going to FTC next to Missy and Baylor is almost a guaranteed $1 Million.

But I think tonight (2nd hour) was still too early to make a move on Jon and Jaclyn.  Voting either one of them out tonight practically ensures that the other one would align with Keith and Alec next week and force a tie.

The smarter play was to vote out Keith, keep Jon and Jaclyn convinced they're running the game, then make a move on one of them next week.  After that, Natalie/Missy/Baylor would have the numbers all the way to F3.

• Love 3
Everyone saying that her and Alec were flirting and Jaclyn having inappropriate body languages was so exaggerating cause Jaclyn wasn't doing any of that, so IDK what people were talking about.

Jaclyn pretty much copped to Alec's flirting with her at the Tribal Council though Alec didn't seem to see it that way. But in my opinion, Jaclyn's admitting that some of Alec's behavior was flirtatious means that whether or not she was responding in kind, she was aware that's what he was doing and entertaining it. And honestly I do think some of her body language was flirtatious. And the thing is I don't think it's because she seriously had any interest in or attraction to Alec but that she was simply enjoying the attention, no matter how disrespectful it may seem to others with regard to her boyfriend. Jaclyn was a huge turn off to me that episode

• Love 6
But I think tonight (2nd hour) was still too early to make a move on Jon and Jaclyn.

If John had gone home, I think next week Missy would have been on board with Natalie and Baylor, and I think they could have either convinced Jaclyn to stay with them and vote out Alec and Keith  or convinced the guys to vote out Jaclyn.  Because Missy's bind was with Jon, once he's gone she'd have no choice but to stick with Natalie/Baylor.

But I do think Natalie may have overplayed her hand with the vote tonight.  I think she wanted to make a move for the sake of making a move.

I think it's dumb of Missy/Baylor to want to both go into the final 3.  If it is only one of them, they have a guaranteed vote on the jury and someone who can champion them with the rest of the jury.  Not that either of them can win either way, but it's a slightly better option.

• Love 4

Baylor, Natalie, Keith & Alec could have vote her out.  What purpose does she serve other than as a doormat for Jon?  Baylor would have gone along with the other 3.

That was driving me crazy!  Why didn't Natalie and Baylor target Jaclyn? 

Jon is just so delusional about how he's controlling the game. Thinks he's the Big Kahuna leading his alliance

Jon's an idiot!  He (who will always be "Ugly Chandler" to me) cannot read a room to save his life.  Jaclyn is the brain of that duo.  I love Natalie following the saying - revenge is a dish best served cold.  I love that she's staying faithful to Jeremy, and hope she manages to take Jon out.  The only thing he does right is manipulate Missy, but her own daughter said she's a sucker for men.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

A. Dammit Jeff I wanted to see people's skullls smashed (I bet the prop guy was furious at him as well)

B. There's making moves because you can like Kass and now Nat just becuase you want to show you have power and there's turning on your alliance with no result. Ooooooh Alec went home before Keith all because of you?? Wow let's give you the million for that amazing move alienating the rest of your alliance. Well, guess who else might get voted out before Keith? *looks at Nat who actually had me rooting for her*

C. Agreed, they should have just taken out Jaclyn... stupid!

Oh and I hate cream cheese.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3

I think everyone is afraid of what Jon would do if they voted Jaclyn out.

If they've got the numbers, Jon could whine and complain and stamp his feet and then ultimately have to suck it up.

I really think they missed an opportunity tonight and sending Alec home was a wasted move.  Vote out Jaclyn tonight with a vote of Nat, Baylor, Alec and Keith (which was the plan for Jon).  And they have the numbers to move in on Jon another day.   I doubt Keith or Alec would flip to align with Jon as he is a bigger challenge threat and Keith and Alec would never think that a girl could best them so they'll go where they think they can dominate.  Once Jon is gone (assuming he doesn't go on an immunity run) then Nat and Baylor team up with Missy to oust whoever remains of the Moronic Duo.  

Nat wants a final three of herself, Missy and Baylor.  They are the perfect goats and a win would be a slam dunk for her. I think she just put a huge target on her back!

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 3
If John had gone home, I think next week Missy would have been on board with Natalie and Baylor, and I think they could have either convinced Jaclyn to stay with them and vote out Alec and Keith  or convinced the guys to vote out Jaclyn.  Because Missy's bind was with Jon, once he's gone she'd have no choice but to stick with Natalie/Baylor.

I agree that Missy would've stayed on-board with Baylor and Natalie.

But I really don't think Jaclyn would've stuck with them.  Especially after being cut out of the Reward in the 1st Hour.  She would have to know that she would be a target and that if Keith or Alec went home next she'd have no chance of having the numbers to break up Natalie/Baylor/Missy.  

Likewise, I don't think the guys would've aligned with Natalie/Baylor/Missy, because they'd also be setting themselves up for a Pagonging.

No one in the Natalie/Missy/Baylor alliance have any incentive to defect.  So all they need is to get to numbers to cruise to F3.  And as long as they can keep Jon and Jaclyn focused on Alec and Keith, they could've gotten to numbers.  

Now, they've given Jon and Jaclyn a reason to align with Keith.

I doubt Keith or Alec would flip to align with Jon as he is a bigger challenge threat and Keith and Alec would never think that a girl could best them so they'll go where they think they can dominate.

But they know that Natalie/Missy/Baylor are a solid F3 alliance.  Getting rid of Jon next week (assuming a Jaclyn boot tonight) would just give N/M/B numbers 3-2 over Keith and Alec.  I agree that Keith and Alec might assume they have a better shot at the Immunity Challenges over N/M/B, but "going on an Immunity run" should always be your Plan B for getting the FTC.  If there's some way to work the numbers, that's always preferable, IMO.

Missy's coddling of Baylor is pretty bad. Hopefully one of the things they get out of this experience is learning that she spoils Baylor and people perceive Baylor to be a brat. It'll probably end up having the opposite effect though and Missy will spoil her even more. This is something pretty much every contestant has commented on in their exit interviews and so I think she's brattier than the edit has even been letting on.

I thought that exchange with Reed was pretty telling and shows how Baylor became so entitled. Missy is incredibly defensive of Baylor and has probably never criticized Baylor in her whole life. I'm only a few years older than Baylor and if something like that had happened to me with my mom there my mom would have said nothing, let me handle it and then reprimanded me privately for yes, being a brat. Then she would remind me of that incident whenever she felt I was being bratty again. I liked that Reed mentioned that Baylor is not a kid, but is a 20-something.

The way Baylor turned to her mom, expecting her mom to defend her (which Missy did) was like what "Kieth" said a few episodes back about how whenever someone asks Baylor to do work around camp, Baylor gets her mom to do it instead or when Baylor found out people were voting for her and she asked Missy to go convince them otherwise.

Yeesh. I don't understand how either one of them can think this dynamic is at all healthy, but I guess it's mutually beneficial for them since Missy gets to be close to her daughter and Baylor doesn't have to do anything and gets whatever she wants. What's amazing is that they both have zero awareness of how they're thought of by the other players, even though the players have told them multiple times! I can't believe Missy was commenting in this episode about how Baylor "found" an idol (no, it was Natalie) and is really playing the game. Lady, your daughter is not playing, is disliked and cannot win!

Edited by wudpixie
  • Love 11

The remaining people are not playing smart, the remaining people IMO are just skating by without doing much work.

Missy & Baylor are co-dependent on each other. Jon & Jaclyn are just way too comfortable with their position in the game. Keith plays rather stupidly, he tries but he always slips up. Natalie is playing but I think sometimes she shows her hand a little too early.

They're not really thinking and noticing how Jon and Jaclyn are the swing votes and don't realize that they need to get one of them out. If Jaclyn won immunity then blindside Jon and vice versa. The perfect goat to take the end is Baylor, cause doubt she will get any votes because she's lazy and entitled. This cast has to be one of the dumbest cast to be on Survivor ever.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

No, Missy, your daughter did not find an idol, Natalie found an idol and Baylor just tagged along.  God, I hate both Missy and Baylor.  But I don't want Keith, Jon or Jaclyn to win.  And Natalie?  After her horrible behavior on The Amazing Race ...

Missy and Baylor getting pissed because Natalie didn't choose them for the bed and the spaghetti.  Just shut up.  And Baylor clearly doesn't want to be there.

Natalie said she'll literally kill herself if Jon wins.  Hyperbole, or promise?

I have nobody to cheer for.

• Love 8
Now, they've given Jon and Jaclyn a reason to align with Keith.

But I think Natalie's right that Keith will feel loyal to her.  And Keith isn't exactly the most strategic player, I don't think he'd be thinking ahead to whether he's in the final 3, he would just want to make it through one more tribal.

• Love 3