Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, suomi said:

You described Borderline Personality Disorder, which exists on the border between psychosis and neurosis. 

She allowed that lawsuit to continue for four years, paid over 50K in legal fees, settled literally at the last minute and ended up apologizing in public for lying to begin with. 

But look at all the headlines and attention, ooh la la! That is an acceptable trade-off to someone with BPD.

That lawsuit is exactly why I give so little credence to her claims about Denise.

Brandi digs herself into a hole and doubles down again and again and again until an outside force stops her; she is incapable of checking herself. 

Same, even though I am obviously not Team Denise. I still don't really believe a hook up happened because I don't trust a word coming from Brandi.  (I do think Denise was hiding the fact that they were friends, but I just don't believe they had sex). And while I'm fine with Denise leaving, I'm not thrilled with the prospect of Brandi returning. She adds nothing and is an incredibly toxic presence. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

LOL This is awesome. At this point, I wish Camille would replace one of the mean girls. She's not perfect, but I don't recall her ganging up on anyone. I think she's the type who can be bitchy, but then she feels bad afterwards. Some of the others never feel bad for their hurtful actions. And I believe what she said about Erika.

• Love 24

I am a terrible person, because this shit about Harry that is coming out is giving me life!  No one deserves this more than Lisa Rinna.

Did anyone see the TMZ report yesterday that Kathy Hilton has been approached to join the show?  I have a feeling she will make their lives miserable and I am here for it after their mean girls behaviour all season.  Kathy seems like she could be a nightmare.  It's what they deserve.

• Love 23

Given that she produced Paris and Conrad, Kathy's redeeming trait is that she swats at Kim and Kyle as if they are annoyances, mosquitos. 

That could be interesting. 

I can't recall the context but Kyle was wistfully recounting how long it had been since she saw Kathy or heard from her and LVP said [paraphrasing] "We met for dinner last week."

LOL

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, film noire said:

....right?!!
PATRICIA FROM MUSKOKA -  REVEAL YOURSELF!

Don't mind me donning my classic Girl Reporter chapeau:

friday gif.gif

What The PrimeTime Eagle Gazette can report is that she's likely Canadian! (Muskoka/Ontario) She's likely from a Celtic background! (The name) and she's got a VERY strong stomach! (I couldn't fuck the man once, never mind all summer  long!)  A source close to the action,  Glandi Branvile,  contacted us right before we went to press to drop a sizzling tip: Rinna has been in a fetal position for the last 24 hours, clutching a toy baby bunny, one tear running endlessly down her chipmunk cheek, muttering, "We weren't supposed to talk about the husband!"  Stay tuned for more hot tea about our mysterious cool Canadian dame, Patricia! 

Ha-ha! LOVE this! Made me think of a childhood excursion to the Army Navy store to get a sleuthing trench coat with big pockets for my notebooks and binoculars. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 9/18/2020 at 8:37 AM, ThatGreyCat said:

I am a terrible person, because this shit about Harry that is coming out is giving me life!  No one deserves this more than Lisa Rinna.

Did anyone see the TMZ report yesterday that Kathy Hilton has been approached to join the show?  I have a feeling she will make their lives miserable and I am here for it after their mean girls behaviour all season.  Kathy seems like she could be a nightmare.  It's what they deserve.

Yes, I heard it on another podcast. I don't know how I feel about it. I'm sick of Kyle, and I know if Kathy comes on they won't be getting rid of Kyle. I didn't like when Kim was on so not thrilled about another sister.

According to the update I heard, Kyle and Kathy are barely speaking. I don't think they've ever gotten along well. So I guess Bravo wants the drama. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Yes, I heard it on another podcast. I don't know how I feel about it. I'm sick of Kyle, and I know if Kathy comes on they won't be getting rid of Kyle. I didn't like when Kim was on so not thrilled about another sister.

According to the update I heard, Kyle and Kathy are barely speaking. I don't think they've ever gotten along well. So I guess Bravo wants the drama. 

I will not watch any Richards sisters drama.  All three of them were abused by their mother and so much of their conflicts come from a place of pain.  I can't tune in to see that every week especially when Kyle chooses to live in denial about Big Kathy.  It feels voyeuristic and exploitative. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I agree.  I wouldn't watch if Kathy came on, just because ONE of those beyotches is MORE than enough!  I DID like the mess about good old Harry Hamlin....  Karma's coming for ya, Rinna.  Get ready.

And boo hoo, Teddi & Edward had "trouble" during the quarantine?? Waaaa.  Cry me an f'n river you moron.  He probably got very TIRED of having to eat ice cubes for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Day after day.... The guy was HANGRY.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

In what way? I must be living under a rock, because I never heard about any abuse.

By reading between the lines of what Kyle and Kim have said, it was emotional and psychological abuse and probably enabling of other abusers in Hollywood.  All three of the Richards sisters were child actors when there were no protections put in place for the children.  Kim was supposed to publish her memoir this year, but covid messed that up.  I get the feeling that she has a story to tell that will not show Big Kathy in a good light.  Kyle even admitted that her mom was a drunk who needed a 10-year-old Kyle to drive to pick her up from the bar.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 9/20/2020 at 10:48 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I will not watch any Richards sisters drama.  All three of them were abused by their mother and so much of their conflicts come from a place of pain.  I can't tune in to see that every week especially when Kyle chooses to live in denial about Big Kathy.  It feels voyeuristic and exploitative. 

I won't either. I grew up in a similar environment (alcoholic, narcissistic mother). My relationship with my sister has always been strained as a result. This just hits too close to home. 

I wish they'd get Nicolette Sheridan instead. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Oop! Vile Kyle can't be happy about losing her henchman. 

She is a mess - her throat is raw from cry-talking and she has been running her man hands through her hair since the news broke. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

By reading between the lines of what Kyle and Kim have said, it was emotional and psychological abuse and probably enabling of other abusers in Hollywood.  All three of the Richards sisters were child actors when there were no protections put in place for the children.  Kim was supposed to publish her memoir this year, but covid messed that up.  I get the feeling that she has a story to tell that will not show Big Kathy in a good light.  Kyle even admitted that her mom was a drunk who needed a 10-year-old Kyle to drive to pick her up from the bar.  

You're kidding, right?  If not, you obviously haven't heard about landmark legislation passed in 1939 named 'California Child Actor's Bill' (aka The Coogan Act) designed to protect a child actor's earnings, enacted after Jackie Coogan (The Addams Family's Uncle Fester) won a suit against his parents for burning through the huge amount of money he made as a child actor. 

It has been revised few times since its enactment. It was passed with intent to safeguard a portion of a child actor's earnings until they enter adulthood.  80 years later it still protects young entertainers. 

When Big Kathy was married to Kim's father, he was wealthy enough to afford a residence for the family in Bel Aire.  From what I've read, Kim received the payout of her savings when she turned 18.  Six years later she married Greg Davis, the son of Marvin Davis, chairman of Davis Petroleum and who at one time owned 20th Century Fox, the Pebble Beach Corporation, the Beverly Hills Hotel, and the Aspen Skiing Company.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, amarante said:

I worked in Legal/Business Affairs in the "business" for many years.

The so-called Jackie Coogan law doesn't really do that much to protect child celebrities. It is only used when a child is signed to a long term project and so doesn't cover children who pick up guest roles or whatever.

It also does nothing to protect the psychological issues that arise from being a child working in the business. Most sane individuals do NOT want their children becoming child actors or singers. It's a potentially toxic environment and very few child actors emerge from it unscathed emotionally. I don't want to out anyone specifically but those who went on to become productive adults had to work hard to do it and many of them carry the emotional scars. And for every adult success, there are a slew of damaged and dead kids. It's not just about the money which is what the Coogan Law theoretically did. It's about the emotional issues.

Watch Alex Winter's interesting recent Showtime documentary - Showbiz Kids

Paul Peterson, who was one of the stars of The Donna Reed Show started a group many years ago called A Minor Consideration which tried to protect the rights of minors in the industry. 

http://aminorconsideration.org/amc-history/

Thanks for this. Not to mention the parents that use their kids (acting, singing, performer) for their own personal gain.

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Thanks for this. Not to mention the parents that use their kids (acting, singing, performer) for their own personal gain.

Even with the Coogan Law, parents can benefit enormously from their children earning money. They are allowed to use money for their "managerial" services and can also use the kids' earnings for housing, food and other expenses. 

It's a certain percentage of gross that is put in a Trust which means the rest of it can be spent by the parents. 

It tends to create a terrible dynamic in which parents use their children to financially support the family instead of vice versa - even if theoretically a certain percentage of the child's income is saved for them. Very few financially secure parents drag their kids to Los Angeles for pilot season for example. 

Also the Trust is given to the kids when they turn 18 which means that most of the time it is completely spent in a year or so.

In general, when people set up Trusts for their kids, they deliberately don't have the proceeds distributed when the kid is 18 to avoid money being wasted with nothing to show for it. With the Coogan law there is no way to prevent this - fast cars; expensive homes; entourages; drugs - money doesn't last long when you are an 18 year old with no life skills. And like pro athletes most of them have not been given the luxury of college being an option - again with a few very notable exceptions which are always brought out as if they represent the standard adult child star. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

You're kidding, right?  If not, you obviously haven't heard about landmark legislation passed in 1939 named 'California Child Actor's Bill' (aka The Coogan Act) designed to protect a child actor's earnings, enacted after Jackie Coogan (The Addams Family's Uncle Fester) won a suit against his parents for burning through the huge amount of money he made as a child actor. 

It has been revised few times since its enactment. It was passed with intent to safeguard a portion of a child actor's earnings until they enter adulthood.  80 years later it still protects young entertainers. 

When Big Kathy was married to Kim's father, he was wealthy enough to afford a residence for the family in Bel Aire.  From what I've read, Kim received the payout of her savings when she turned 18.  Six years later she married Greg Davis, the son of Marvin Davis, chairman of Davis Petroleum and who at one time owned 20th Century Fox, the Pebble Beach Corporation, the Beverly Hills Hotel, and the Aspen Skiing Company.

I think it's a little weird to posit that the only protection child actors need is financial protection.  There are a whole host of other dangers that child actors face - from those who would cause them physical, psychological, and emotional harm as well as the dangers from potential sexual predators - that have little to do with financial protection. 

There is precious little protection for child actors now and there were fewer still when the Richard's sisters were young.

And by the way, if the Coogan law was so effective at protecting the financial assets of child actors, Gary Coleman would not have had to sue his parents. 

• Love 18

One thing I remember from House of Hilton was when little Kyle was a regular on LHOP and Kim was not employed that the mom would hug and kiss Kyle and talk about how she was the favorite because she had a job, while giving Kim the stink eye.  I'm sure that behavior got passed around depending on who was employed.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

I don't think Kyle meant to put it all out there the way she did in that scene. I think she and Kim weren't in a good place, and she was so frustrated that she lost control. 

I apologize because this was a few pages back, but I really wanted to address this. There is a "lost footage" episode of this in which we see that Kyle had PLENTY of time to cool off before she confronted Kim in the limo. Kim had left with her date and producer (I also believe Adriane was there) and Kyle was actually on another floor of the building working herself up to confront Kim while waiting for the elevator.

Kyle takes the elevator with the camera crew and her producer, all the while making sure to get angrier and angrier for effect before that entire confrontation happens. Kyle didn't just run out of patience. She made sure that she kept her anger at high alert so that she could drop this bomb if Kim dared step out of place and say something Kyle didn't like. 

For years I assumed that Kyle just got fed up with covering for her sister. But, the way Kyle immediately took Taylor's side, then got over the top angry at Kim for something petty, then followed Kim with a camera crew while talking about all she had done for Kim the entire time. It was obvious, that the producers wouldn't just let Kim leave. They knew Kyle was coming and she was worked up. Kyle played into their hands and even thought she won by calling Kim out as an alcoholic. 

Their dynamic is toxic, but Kyle had plenty of time to step back and say, "this isn't my secret to tell." 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

The Richards sisters are all a mess. Big Kathy was a narcissist (as seen by naming her 1st born after herself) and they just love to weave tails of the person they want you to believe they are. Over time, they even believe thier own embellishments, exaggerations and outright lies. This behaviour seems to have been in-grained in Lil Katty, Vyle and Dim. Unfortunately, Dim is an alcoholic so she can't keep up the facade as well as her sisters.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't know if there's any truth to this or not, but one can hope.

https://screenrant.com/real-housewives-beverly-hills-speculation-kyle-richards-firing/

I really wish this would happen but I can't see it if the producers are trying to get Kathy on the show. They are bringing her to start drama with Kyle. 

And why isn't anyone talking about firing Lisa Rinna, the most vicious person on the show? Surprised she seems to be surviving all this. Frustrated too! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I really wish this would happen but I can't see it if the producers are trying to get Kathy on the show. They are bringing her to start drama with Kyle. 

And why isn't anyone talking about firing Lisa Rinna, the most vicious person on the show? Surprised she seems to be surviving all this. Frustrated too! 

I agree with your assessment of Lisa. However Bravo doesn't care and they probably like vicious, vile and nasty.  Now if she becomes like Dorinda and production sees the possibility of her being a liability in terms of threatening another cast member or production then that's another story. Oh unless you are Nene and then attacking a camera man ripping his shirt and sending him to the hospital with a brpken tooth  then you are given a raise. 

• Love 5

Just finishing re-watching RHBH Season 1 on Peacock.  Wow, so much happened in that first season that is still talked about today, including the famous Kyle/Kim limo scene.

If you haven't watched it in a while, it's definitely worth a re-watch, if only to watch for schadenfreude of smug, arrogant Camille as her own marriage breaks down.  It's easy to not feel sorry for her when you watch just how pretentious and condescending she was.  I didn't remember her being as bad as that, but when you watch the episodes back to back, it's really apparent.  And you see how Kelsey literally pushes her away.

Camille wants to take credit for everything.  She takes credit for 12 years of Kelsey's sobriety.  For casting Patricia Arquette on "Medium".  She even says "Thank you" for Kelsey's Tony nomination.  While these things would be normal, in a normal person, when combined one after another, it's the constant credit-taking that shows the walking narcissist that is Camille.  

I forgot just how much happened in just that first season, and cringe because we know what's coming in future seasons:

-We watch as Taylor's "perfect marriage" begins to implode, as she spends $60,000 on a 4-year old's birthday party.  We know her husband will hang himself (allegedly), and that he died $1.5 million in debt.

-The infamous chain e-cig smoking Allison DuBois, who is so vile but never to be heard from again.

-The implosion of the Adrienne/Paul marriage is imminent, from her incessant berating of him.

-We see signs of future Yolanda Hadid coming into future seasons, as we see a party at Mohamed's huge mansion, plus Linda Thompson makes several appearances (she was married to Bruce Jenner, and then to David Foster)

-Cedric!  We forgot about him, and we see what led to him being banished (basically laziness and using of the Vanderpumps)

-We see the infamous event planner Dana in one scene....she's the one who later made the obnoxious comment about her $25,000 sunglasses

-And we see little Portia, actually an adorable 2 year-old

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13

Denise, I think, ultimately wins again," Brandi tweeted.

"Because she’s not coming back…which means there’s really no reason to bring me back. So once again she f--ked me.”

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2020/09/denise-richards-did-charlie-sheen-force-her-to-quit-real-housewi/

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

There is a thread in Reddit by someone who I surmise to be a former journalist and she dishes on the women she's met (2010-2016 ish) - mostly BH and a few OC, NY, and VR. Search for "I used to be a Housewives Whisperer".  

She (I assume a "she") said that Kyle is very rude and demanding (or something like that). Lisa V is nice until you cross her. She cuts you off when that happens. Her relationships with Kyle and Brandi were genuine.  Ken is wierd, wierd, wierd. Cedric is an ass.

She shared that the most vile people she met were Jill and Taylor and that she doesn't think Russell ever laid a hand on Taylor. She described Kim as a wounded little bird.

A few other nuggets that I remember - there are more in her post - and a few from responders that I don't remember!

• Jill and Taylor = "trash"
  • She loves the two Toms- Scwartz is really nice and welcoming; Sandoval worships Ariana
  • Jax is just like you see on TV
  • Brittany is different off camera (she didn't elaborate)
  • She doesn't like Vicki; she described her as aggressive or some such thing
  • She loves Alex and Simon and said they are very nice; Alex did something to help her in her job for which she is very grateful
  • Sonja and Ramona never spoke poorly about fellow cast members; instead they tried to hawk their products
Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 12
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Jextella said:

There is a thread in Reddit by someone claiming to be a former journalist and she dishes on the women she's met (2010-2016 ish) - mostly BH and a few OC nad NY. Search for "I used to be a Housewives Whisperer".  

She (I assume a "she") said that Kyle is very rude and demanding (or something like that). Lisa V is nice until you cross her. She cuts you off when that happens. Her relationships with Kyle and Brandi were genuine.  Ken is wierd, wierd, wierd. Cedric is an ass.

She (I assume a "she") shared that the most vile people she met were Jill and Taylor and that she doesn't think Russell ever laid a hand on Tayler. 

Interesting, interesting!

My friend worked at Nordstrom's shoe dept. when RHOC went to San Antonio and said that the worst person in the world was Alexis (then) Bellino.  She threw shoes in a pile, demanded things, and was overall just the rudest, most ungrateful woman they had ever met.

Interesting about the speculation about the possible lack of abuse re:  Taylor.  I never want to assume anything, but I do believe that Taylor is nuts.  As I said above, I watched entire Season 1 in  2 days (it's what you do during a Tropical Storm, lol!), and her abhorrent behavior became so much more apparent, when you see it in episode after episode.  It's this smug way she looks at the camera, with this sly smile about how much money of Russell's she can spend, while stylists wheel racks of clothes into her home.  It's really despicable behavior.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9