Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Madtown said:

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "theme" tab and pick the first one, IPS(Default). I've been using this theme since the ads started to get really bad, a year ago or so. I have no issues reading or posting anywhere on the site using this theme. There is one ad at the bottom of the sign in page, but it goes away as soon as sign in and go to the list of the shows you follow or whatever page shows up for you after you sign in.

Thank you 100 times! I don’t see any ads! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The size of the ads have just gotten out of control.  I can barely see the screen lately.  If someone could suggest an app to help remedy this, would you please PM me with it.  Tks. 

3 hours ago, Zella said:

I used AdBlock Plus and never see any ads. 🙂 

Seconding the recommendation for AdBlock. No ads.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Madtown said:

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "theme" tab and pick the first one, IPS(Default). I've been using this theme since the ads started to get really bad, a year ago or so. I have no issues reading or posting anywhere on the site using this theme. There is one ad at the bottom of the sign in page, but it goes away as soon as sign in and go to the list of the shows you follow or whatever page shows up for you after you sign in.

Thank you for this info.  I was able to do this and it is a lot cleaner and easier to read. I understand ads is how the forum makes money however there are so many I have trouble commenting when I am on my cell and all the ads were distracting. 

• Love 8

I got a bit of good news today. A bit over a week ago, a staff member at my dad's care facility tested positive for COVID-19. A day later, a second staff member did. They immediately ended all visits (they had been allowing outdoor, socially distanced, masked, supervised visits) and quarantined the residents in their rooms. Had to be a huge amount of work for the staff to provide "room service" as they called it and to keep everyone corralled. Not great for anyone's mental health, residents or staff. They got all the residents and staff tested. Today, I got the news that all other tests were negative and they will be resuming socially distanced communal dining and activities and allowing visits again.  Bullet dodged this time but I'm sure it won't be the last (this is in a college town where in-person classes are resuming and already there are 23 Greek houses in quarantine for positive tests). And now we know what it takes to get the staff and residents tested--this is the first time they've been able to do any testing.

@Scarlett45 I like your festive clothes.

• Love 19
Just now, Nysha said:

Since I share when I'm down and depressed, I thought I would share how great I'm feeling lately. Thanks to the medications that allow me fully function, I'm out of the depression I've been in since 2012. It started small and just snowballed to the point all I wanted to do this summer was shut myself in my bedroom and cry. All of my problems are still here, but I can make plans to deal with them now.

• In the last month I've set myself a daily sleep schedule and walking routine. 
  • I've made a budget and kept to it even though it meant eating peanut butter and saltine crackers  & an apple for lunch this week. With my current budget I will be out of debt in one year. The other nice thing about this is when my kids ask for money, even though they all make more than I do, I have a legitimate reason for telling them "no". 
  • I've started expecting my son with mental issues to take some of the responsibility for his own life. I made a budget for him, and since I'm his payee he has to abide by it. I would have involved him in the budget planning from the beginning but he refused to take it seriously. I'm also making him responsible for his own laundry. This has lead to a ridiculous power struggle on his part. He refuses to do it and isn't wearing any pants, just a sweat coat that reaches to his knees. Somehow he thinks this is going to make me change mind. 
  • I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be able to rescue my grandson. My daughter's instability and poor parenting has caused issues that are harder to deal with as he gets older. It still makes me sad, but I don't obsess about it.
  • I'm slowly teaching myself to not dwell on the negatives, but imagine how I want life to be and work towards that as a positive goal.

Sorry about the long post, but after 8 years of depression who would have guessed that 2020 would be the year I came back?

I am so glad you are taking such good care of yourself. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I got a bit of good news today. A bit over a week ago, a staff member at my dad's care facility tested positive for COVID-19. A day later, a second staff member did. They immediately ended all visits (they had been allowing outdoor, socially distanced, masked, supervised visits) and quarantined the residents in their rooms. Had to be a huge amount of work for the staff to provide "room service" as they called it and to keep everyone corralled. Not great for anyone's mental health, residents or staff. They got all the residents and staff tested. Today, I got the news that all other tests were negative and they will be resuming socially distanced communal dining and activities and allowing visits again.  Bullet dodged this time but I'm sure it won't be the last (this is in a college town where in-person classes are resuming and already there are 23 Greek houses in quarantine for positive tests). And now we know what it takes to get the staff and residents tested--this is the first time they've been able to do any testing.

That’s such good news! It’s so hard having loved ones in care facilities right now. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

@Scarlett45 I love your Halloween clothes and earrings.  How fun!

Do you buy clothes for every holiday?  I have a couple of ugly Christmas sweaters, but that's about it for me.  

I have a few pieces I would wear when Halloween fell on a week day that were still work appropriate but festive. I have two very soft nice Christmas sweaters, but this year I will but a few more. 

M-F I’m very corporate (when I’m not work from home) so I don’t have many fun clothes like that. 

6 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I have never dressed up for Halloween ever. My mom hated the holiday and made me stay home. 😞😞😞

That’s so sad! Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday (it’s my Mom’s too). I’ve dressed up all but 3 yrs I can remember, 20 I had the flu, 27, bad migraine, 33 weather was crazy bad. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Since I share when I'm down and depressed, I thought I would share how great I'm feeling lately. Thanks to the medications that allow me fully function, I'm out of the depression I've been in since 2012. It started small and just snowballed to the point all I wanted to do this summer was shut myself in my bedroom and cry. All of my problems are still here, but I can make plans to deal with them now.

• I've made a budget and kept to it even though it meant eating peanut butter and saltine crackers  & an apple for lunch this week. With my current budget I will be out of debt in one year. The other nice thing about this is when my kids ask for money, even though they all make more than I do, I have a legitimate reason for telling them "no". 
  • I've started expecting my son with mental issues to take some of the responsibility for his own life. I made a budget for him, and since I'm his payee he has to abide by it. I would have involved him in the budget planning from the beginning but he refused to take it seriously. I'm also making him responsible for his own laundry. This has lead to a ridiculous power struggle on his part. He refuses to do it and isn't wearing any pants, just a sweat coat that reaches to his knees. Somehow he thinks this is going to make me change mind. 
  • I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be able to rescue my grandson. My daughter's instability and poor parenting has caused issues that are harder to deal with as he gets older. It still makes me sad, but I don't obsess about it.
  • I'm slowly teaching myself to not dwell on the negatives, but imagine how I want life to be and work towards that as a positive goal.

Sorry about the long post, but after 8 years of depression who would have guessed that 2020 would be the year I came back?

Good for you!!  

• Love 3

Guys I’m watching A Perfect Murder on Hulu (this movie popped into my mind today) and it’s so damn good. All the close frames on Michael Douglas’ face- it’s like a voice over but not. He’s a very good actor (as is Gwenyth in this). 

My fav lines are: It’s not happiness to see me is it? 

Screwing around is the second oldest reason in the world to kill someone?/And what would be the first?/Money honey. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Guys I’m watching A Perfect Murder on Hulu (this movie popped into my mind today) and it’s so damn good. All the close frames on Michael Douglas’ face- it’s like a voice over but not. He’s a very good actor (as is Gwenyth in this). 

Screwing around is the second oldest reason in the world to kill someone?/And what would be the first?/Money honey. 

OMG!  This is crazy wild....yesterday, I was driving my car from work (I actually had to appear in a courtroom. First time since covid. Another story.) when I started thinking about some of my favorite movies. It started due to Philip Seymore Hoffman. (Just watched Copote. Loved him in Almost Famous and The Talented Mr. Ripley. Which also featured Gwyneth Paltro, who I generally don’t care for as an actress, HOWEVER, I love her movies, Mr. Ripley, Sylvia and A Perfect Murder.  I spent more than a few minutes contemplating why I don’t care for her, but like her movies!   Especially, A Perfect Murder!    Scarlett, how did you know this?  Lol. This is so bizarre.......why do things like this happen?  I haven’t watched the movie in many years, but have seen it at least 5 times. 

I want to make these ornaments.  Is it too early to mention stuff like that? Any tips apprectiated. 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/121104677469745234/

• Love 5
5 hours ago, jcbrown said:

My mother's facility just went the other way.  Several staff members have tested positive, and nine residents are either in quarantine in their apartment, at home, or in the hospital.  No more visiting through the window.  My mom is not capable of using a cell phone, and we don't want her to have any phone since she talks to all the telemarketers--including the taped messages.  I just ordered an Echo Show, which, I understand, is accessible from my cell phone.  It will arrive Saturday, and then my brother and I will try to get it set up.  Otherwise, we have no other contact with her.  We had a Grandpad when my dad was still alive, and it was great.  But she has deteriorated too much to know how to use it.  (I HIGHLY recommend it for seniors, though.  Absolutely great customer service.)

Has anyone used the Echo Show for seniors?  Does anyone know how to set it up in this particular situation?

2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That's fantastic!!!! You are now officially my role model!!

I did have a good day today. Babysat the grandJynlet for a while this morning, and felt that I had a bit of good input, or at the very least, no meltdowns in her world (she is an incredible little person, but does seem to have some issues which may or may not end up being things for which we might have to resort to professionals to sort out. At the very least, she seems to be very intelligent, so there's that). 

Came home around noon, and started some bread dough, to go with a spaghetti dinner  I had planned to go with a batch of sauce I made from the tomatoes in the yard last week. 

Had a good conversation with Mr Jyn on some of the things we have coming up to deal with over the next few months.

So, nothing as complex or life-changing as your list, but I still feel pretty good about it.

Also, I have finally gotten my colonoscopy and hernia surgery scheduled....Colonoscopy on the 10th, and surgery on the 16th. Which means Covid tests and colon cleanses back to back! Ugh!

I'm looking forward to (?) the surgery, though. Apparently, it seems that the hernias ultimately stemmed from all the buildup of scar tissue in my abdomen after the hysterectomy I had some 12 years ago, which ended up being so invasive that it pushed everything else out where it didn't belong. So they are going to remove all that, which means I'll have a big chunk of empty space in my lower belly that they have to keep an eye on. But it seems as though it will be great not to have that big ol' mass which has been making it difficult to really bend over for years. And be able to wear something other than tunics. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well!

Best of luck on your surgeries! Hope you get plenty of rest and binge watch til you heart is content.

• Love 5

@Scarlett45, I just love your Halloween clothes. Fall colors are my favorites, and your outfits are so much fun!

@Nysha and @Jynnan tonnix, great news about your pro-active, positive steps. You both should be really proud of yourselves. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with all the medical procedures, Jynnan Tonnix.

Thank you @Madtown for the information about changing the theme to IPS. I had no idea we could do that, and it has helped already! 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Nysha said:

Congratulations! I’m happy for you!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Love2dance said:

@Scarlett45, I just love your Halloween clothes. Fall colors are my favorites, and your outfits are so much fun!

@Nysha and @Jynnan tonnix, great news about your pro-active, positive steps. You both should be really proud of yourselves. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with all the medical procedures, Jynnan Tonnix.

Thank you @Madtown for the information about changing the theme to IPS. I had no idea we could do that, and it has helped already! 

I'm signing in very early in the a.m. here but I woke up and just knew I wasn't going back to sleep. 

I'm quoting @Love2dance above since I agree and I couldn't say it better. 

@Nysha, I've gone through some bouts of depression in my life, and it can be a beast. I'm glad they found medication that helps you. (None of the medications they tried helped me, and some of the meds made me physically ill. Sigh.) I'm glad that during this sh*tstorm known as 2020 you've made a comeback. Warms my old heart!! 

22 hours ago, Porkchop said:

Oh Jeeves, I wish you were in New England ... it'd be fun to chat in person! But of course, I forget ... not much "in person" being done these days! Here are some things I wonder if you've heard of .. all google-able ... the Slabs, Quartzsite, Loners On Wheels, Sisters On The Fly, Bob Wells, cheaprvliving.com, the Wandering Individuals Network (WINs) ...

I am on my way to Mohs surgery today, so that's all for today!

How did you happen to start on this vancamping project?

@Porkchop, I hope your surgery went well. I agree, it would be fun to meet and talk! Damn this pandemic.

I got into the whole van camping thing because I read a very good book: Nomadland. I love that book; I have re-read it at least four times. It doesn't speak to my circumstances but it spoke to my heart. (And - it's been made into a MOVIE and I can't wait to see it!) Nomadland introduced me to Bob Wells. Ive read (and re-read) his book, I subscribe to CheapRVLiving on YouTube, and I joined the forums at cheaprvliving.com. It's a subject I keep coming back to. I've heard of most of the places/groups you mentioned except Sisters on the Fly. Must investigate!

A big attraction of vanlife is that it would be an affordable way to escape winter in Colorado. I've lived here a long time and my so-called life is here. There's a lot to like. But, I hate winter, don't deal well with it physically or mentally. I can't afford two homes, but dammit I can afford a modestly priced escape for a couple of months.

For escaping winter and because I want to see new places, I want to spend a long time out on the road. Not thinking of doing it full time: I have no financial need to ditch my sticks and bricks, and I"m already in my early 70's so a landing spot is a nice thing. In all my reading of books and articles about vandwelling and vanlife? I came across information and one very helpful book about using a minivan to camp (or even live) in which appealed to me.

Last November my little old heart dog died after a few months of illness, and I got serious about the idea of extended trips, staying in my car instead of paying for hotels all the time. (I had to board my dog when I traveled and it was COSTLY. Worth it, every penny, but quite a budget item. And besides the cost, I wouldn't want to board him for very long anyway especially as he got older and less healthy.) I had just started active van shopping early this year when COVID shut things down. After I came thisclose in May to trading in my car on a used Sienna and realizing it wasn't a good deal for me? In early June found my current oldie-but-goodie minivan for about 25% of what that Sienna cost, and I'm finally ready to roll.

I'd love to hit the road in December but I don't know what the pandemic situation will be like then. Or the availability of campsites. I'll probably join some groups/clubs to meet others on the road. Thanks for your tips about those.

I don't know if there will be more RTRs. Between COVID and the inevitable boom in publicity that I think will result from the Nomadland movie, I don't know what the future of Quartzsite will be; it may be overrun with too many people before I ever get there. And RTRs just too big to work? 

I'm glad you were able to experience all your road adventures and fun, and I hope I get to have some adventures of my own.

Dang. I wrote another book. Be well, everyone.

Edited by Jeeves
clarity, it's a thing
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

My mother's facility just went the other way.  Several staff members have tested positive, and nine residents are either in quarantine in their apartment, at home, or in the hospital.  No more visiting through the window.  My mom is not capable of using a cell phone, and we don't want her to have any phone since she talks to all the telemarketers--including the taped messages.  I just ordered an Echo Show, which, I understand, is accessible from my cell phone.  It will arrive Saturday, and then my brother and I will try to get it set up.  Otherwise, we have no other contact with her.  We had a Grandpad when my dad was still alive, and it was great.  But she has deteriorated too much to know how to use it.  (I HIGHLY recommend it for seniors, though.  Absolutely great customer service.)

Has anyone used the Echo Show for seniors?  Does anyone know how to set it up in this particular situation?

Does your mother’s facility not have a way to set up FaceTime sessions through their social services coordinator or something? Or do you just want a way to talk to your Mom independently? This is so hard I’m sorry. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG!  This is crazy wild....yesterday, I was driving my car from work (I actually had to appear in a courtroom. First time since covid. Another story.) when I started thinking about some of my favorite movies. It started due to Philip Seymore Hoffman. (Just watched Copote. Loved him in Almost Famous and The Talented Mr. Ripley. Which also featured Gwyneth Paltro, who I generally don’t care for as an actress, HOWEVER, I love her movies, Mr. Ripley, Sylvia and A Perfect Murder.  I spent more than a few minutes contemplating why I don’t care for her, but like her movies!   Especially, A Perfect Murder!    Scarlett, how did you know this?  Lol. This is so bizarre.......why do things like this happen?  I haven’t watched the movie in many years, but have seen it at least 5 times. 

I want to make these ornaments.  Is it too early to mention stuff like that? Any tips apprectiated. 

A perfect murder is SO GOOD!!!!!

Watching it as an adult I notice so many more things. 

I have a firm “no Christmas until Black Friday rule” but you can always prepare for Christmas early! Ornament making and shopping is fine. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I love that movie.  I watch i every time I come across it while surfing through cable channels. Gwyneth Paltrow's wardrobe, their apartment, boyfriend's loft...all gorgeous.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

I love that movie.  I watch i every time I come across it while surfing through cable channels. Gwyneth Paltrow's wardrobe, their apartment, boyfriend's loft...all gorgeous.

Perfect Murder is one of my favorite movies too. I love the scene at the end with Gwyneth and the detective. Very emotional.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’ve never seen because I hate Gwyneth but now am considering it.

This is one of the few movies starring Gwyneth that I can actually watch.  This was filmed before she won the Oscar and started becoming so pretentious.  I also like her in The Talented Mr. Ripley.  Her wardrobe in that movie is to die for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

@MadtownThank you for the ISP hint on theme!

@Porkchop @Jeeves I love reading about your solo adventures! It was  dream of mine to  travel the country in an RV after DH retired. Turns out that he's not as fond of camping as I am. Now that we have grand kids, I don't want to leave for extended periods. I'll live vicariously through you and hopefully in a few years, the grand kids could come with me!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

This is one of the few movies starring Gwyneth that I can actually watch.  This was filmed before she won the Oscar and started becoming so pretentious.  I also like her in The Talented Mr. Ripley.  Her wardrobe in that movie is to die for.

Oh yeah, I just adore The Talented Mr. Ripley!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I did have a good day today. Babysat the grandJynlet for a while this morning, and felt that I had a bit of good input, or at the very least, no meltdowns in her world (she is an incredible little person, but does seem to have some issues which may or may not end up being things for which we might have to resort to professionals to sort out. At the very least, she seems to be very intelligent, so there's that). 

Came home around noon, and started some bread dough, to go with a spaghetti dinner  I had planned to go with a batch of sauce I made from the tomatoes in the yard last week. 

Had a good conversation with Mr Jyn on some of the things we have coming up to deal with over the next few months.

So, nothing as complex or life-changing as your list, but I still feel pretty good about it.

Also, I have finally gotten my colonoscopy and hernia surgery scheduled....Colonoscopy on the 10th, and surgery on the 16th. Which means Covid tests and colon cleanses back to back! Ugh!

I'm looking forward to (?) the surgery, though. Apparently, it seems that the hernias ultimately stemmed from all the buildup of scar tissue in my abdomen after the hysterectomy I had some 12 years ago, which ended up being so invasive that it pushed everything else out where it didn't belong. So they are going to remove all that, which means I'll have a big chunk of empty space in my lower belly that they have to keep an eye on. But it seems as though it will be great not to have that big ol' mass which has been making it difficult to really bend over for years. And be able to wear something other than tunics. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well!

Best of luck ! 

• Love 1

Ok Ladies. I went down the rabbit hole and watched A Perfect Murder. Wow. I’m still a bit gobsmacked as there were a few twists that I didn’t expect. So glad for the recommendation as it took my mind off of everything else and my breath away a few times too. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If you want a really good drama/suspense, The Talented Mr. Ripley is it. It's an EXCELLENT movie despite Paltrow. I don't like her either. But that movie is awesome.

I had a long day. Trying to relax and have a cold brew. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If you want a really good drama/suspense, The Talented Mr. Ripley is it. It's an EXCELLENT movie despite Paltrow. I don't like her either. But that movie is awesome.

I had a long day. Trying to relax and have a cold brew. 

I might have to see if I can watch this this weekend and mix up a dirty martini or two. 

• Love 6

I just came to tell y’all this.  We were standing out in our brand new barn night before last  (it’s only about 1/3 full at this point) discussing where to put the rest of the shelves  and plastic containers of things we have to move out there... and I said “it’s not big enough, is it?”  
nope.  It’s not.  I went yesterday and bought a smaller 12x16 to use exclusively as a garden shed.  I have that much all by myself.  

Americans and our excess.  🙄

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Thank you, it took me a long time to get to this point. Thankfully, for the last 3 years I've had a doctor who listened to me and who takes mental health as seriously as physical health.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

I just came to tell y’all this.  We were standing out in our brand new barn night before last  (it’s only about 1/3 full at this point) discussing where to put the rest of the shelves  and plastic containers of things we have to move out there... and I said “it’s not big enough, is it?”  
nope.  It’s not.  I went yesterday and bought a smaller 12x16 to use exclusively as a garden shed.  I have that much all by myself.  

Americans and our excess.  🙄

Haha! We bought a garden shed this spring...Were going to get a 12x16 (I think, or something close to that, because it was the biggest one we could get without it needing a permit or being a "permanent" structure), but when we actually went and looked at them, that size looked enormous and way more than we needed. So we got, I think, a 10x14. And now that the lawn tractor is in there, plus a bunch of Mr. Jyn's bee paraphernalia, and various tools, the small mower, a wheelbarrow, and a couple of other things, and he is still looking at getting a new rototiller and some attachments to collect the leaves in the fall to go with the ones that collect grass clippings....Yeah. We are going to end up overloading the garage yet again and be lucky to be able to get our cars in it over the winter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, zoomama said:

ptv friends, i have an update tho not a big one. i am now FINALLY scheduled to have my biopsy done on sept 11.   this whole situation will probably not be resolved till about maybe october. i am frustrated at the process and how slow it is going but at least it will be done soon. 

@zoomama, I'm glad the biopsy is scheduled. I hope yours turns out to be benign like mine did. 

• Love 7

2 acquaintances are having a similar experience. Adult sons who had a mental health episode for both. One tried to commit suicide on top of it all. Moms blame COVID and lack of girlfriend. My heart breaks reading their Facebook updates. 

Mental health struggle is real.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope it's not too early. I recently ordered some wire and glass focals to make X-mas ornaments. Those buffalo check ones are cute.

22 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Ugh, I 'm sorry to hear that. Dad can still communicate on the phone, some, though he slurs so badly he is hard to understand and sometimes his hallucinations make it hard to talk to him because you can't tell what's real. We just got him set up with an Amazon FireStick a couple of days ago and added him to our YouTube TV account so he can have TV again, as his set-up died early in the lock-down. He loves TV and if we had known we would never be able to get back in to maintain it, we would have set him up with a simpler situation. I am hoping the FireStick will work with his Alexa but when I talked to him today, he had already forgotten how to use it. I told him which staff member to look for to help him. The staff there are freaking saints, as far as I'm concerned. He can't FaceTime because he can't see or process well enough to get it, even with staff help. I hope your mother's facility comes out the other side of this bout.

Edited by jcbrown
added him to *our* account, not your account
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would use a heavy material and bond it with stitch witchery. The edges would be raw, unless you had the talent and patience to allow for a seam allowance and either iron it down before bonding the two sides or actually sewing them together inside out and pulling them right side.

2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I would use a heavy material and bond it with stitch witchery. The edges would be raw, unless you had the talent and patience to allow for a seam allowance and either iron it down before bonding the two sides or actually sewing them together inside out and pulling them right side.

If you don't like raw edges, you could use fabric glue to attach cording or rick-rack to cover them up.

I am of the opinion that it is never too early to work on projects for Christmas.  if I waited until Thanksgiving to start a sewing project for the holidays, it would never get done in time.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I'm glad you were able to experience all your road adventures and fun, and I hope I get to have some adventures of my own.

Dang. I wrote another book. Be well, everyone.

I really enjoy reading your books, Jeeves, and I hope when you do get to go on your road adventures, you’ll share your tales with us here!

• Love 8

Life feels different on vacation. I started my day reading Harry Potter fan fiction not suitable for children🥳, watched Cheaters on VH1 and now I’m watching Hallmark until I have to take care of my sister (she’s on second shift lol). Yay for relaxing. 

• Love 19