Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I call dibs on Feckless Chucklefuck and the Death Glares as the name of my next band. 

Me! me! me! I'm making window covers for my minivan today. I'm planning another little camping trip for next weekend. Weekend before last, on my maiden voyage campout in the van, I was improvising the window covers. I hadn't had time to make the covers properly. Masking tape was involved. Not pretty but sufficient for one trip.

I'm using Reflectix, which when cut to shape just a hair bigger than your car window, will generally stay in place when you shove it up against the window inside the vehicle. But I'm going to glue black fabric to one side of the Reflectix, so the stuff won't show from the outside. This guy did a YouTube video of adding fabric to one side of his Reflectix shades; at about 11:00 in he shows the finished shades and then how they look in the car (Reflectix shows when it's on the outside, the black fabric when on the outside just nicely blacks out the window.)

I'm also going to make air vents for each of the back passenger windows, using a $2 gutter filter from Home Depot for each vent. That will let me have both windows lowered a few inches for airflow at night, minus bug visitors. Like this guy, except I'm just making one each for straight across the top of the windows since they just open straight down, and I won't be cutting them down to be shorter. I will spray them black. I think mine will look better than his. Just saying. I have a nifty bug screen that attaches with magnets to the car roof, that allows me to open the sunroof for night time ventilation while avoiding the insect guests. 

I had a busy trip to Home Depot early this morning. Got materials and such for these projects and a couple more, although I already had the Reflectix. I just now came inside from making templates of all the minivan windows using a bunch of manila folders and duct tape and magic marker. Now I'm going to the shopping area where there's a JoAnn Fabrics and a Michael's about two blocks apart, in search of the black fabric. This afternoon I hope to have a nice time here inside, cutting out the shades and finishing them. 

So that's my Sunday fun. I've been working long hours and I was *tired* Friday night. Yesterday I just let myself have a day of light housework and rest with just a short trip to the grocery store. I think that was wise; today I am so much more energetic!

Sending good wishes to all of you. 

I wish I lived near by. I love projects like the ones you're describing. Good luck with them!

• Love 3

@Happyfatchick Thank you for sharing your story with me. It helped me to keep things in perspective and I learned it could have been worse. Spreadsheets...don’t get me started. Looks like it was just time for a few of us to weed our friend gardens. 
P.S. The cat doesn’t like Lasagna , but would gladly eat some ham 😹

@doodlebug The gossip in your hospital must have been on fire. It sounds like a soap opera or Lifetime movie. 
@rue721 I hope you get good results on your exam in September. I haven’t taken those kinds of exams in decades and I doubt that they have gotten easier (save if they’re on a computer it might be easier than the #2 pencil kind). Fingers crossed for you  

@Scarlett45 Good luck when you go your cousins next week. You are a good person to want things better for them.  They need to get it fixed before it completely collapses. Sometimes people get overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin, but they need to. Hopefully your reminder (talk) will help her. 

• Love 5

There was a discussion in the Jill thread about children being exposed to bacteria during quarantine. I had wondered about this myself and did a little googling. What I found is that unless you're hyper-vigilant about disinfecting, the kids are still being exposed to microorganisms. There is a lot of normal bacteria in our guts, mouth etc. 

https://theweek.com/articles/919427/lockdown-hurting-kids-immune-systems

https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2020/08/13/how-kids--immune-systems-are-affected-by-quarantine

Edited by realityfan26
typo
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2

My kids haven’t gotten sick at all during lock down (knock on wood). I was almost at the point of having to have my youngest get ear tubes because of her constant ear infections, decided against it and she hasn’t had an ear infection since. So-great! But once they are able to be back in public I think they will be even more likely to get sick because we’ve been keeping them in a mostly germ free bubble. I mean it’s been great to not have the throwing up stomach bug this year but now we are just going to get it with a vengeance!

It is my opinion that virtual learning is a complete joke and we are doing our children (our future) a huge disservice by not coming up with a way to give them a proper education. If that means bubble wrap and masks and on days/off days what ever. It’s our children who are paying the price here. 

7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You’re so sweet to me. But this is the least I can do. My great aunt has been a WONDERFUL person and family member, has loved and guided me and protected me as long as she could. I firmly believe when the elders stand up and love, guide and protect the next generation they deserve to be spoiled and comfortable in their last years. It’s not her fault she has dementia and she would not want to be living like this. 

Despite my issues with my cousin being a lazy idiot most of her life, it’s clear she’s not well because no one would be “choosing” to live like this if they were well. They just wouldn’t. And it’s getting WORSE. Someone has to try and help! I guess that someone is me since everyone else just shrugs their shoulders and goes “it’s like Hoarders in there.” I would die of shame before I had my Mom or sister in that situation. And if my mind started to go I would want someone to try and save me. 

Although I doubt my sister would let us live in a hoard because if she couldn’t get her favorite foods or access to the fridge she’d be freaking the fuck out and screaming. 🤣

I have read about people who are suffering with self neglect, hoarding, isolation, etc. Sometimes, it’s combined with cognitive decline. It’s called Diogenes Syndrome. It can be very challenging to deal with, from what I have seen and read.  Bless you for trying.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314595

It's no fun and yes I've had to deal with the self-neglect a few times in my life.  I think/hope I'm done with that.  My last older relative that I can be responsible for is in memory care and being well tended there.  They don't recognize the problem, try to hide it if they can, get angry if you talk about, go ballistic if you try to fix it, and generally don't want it handled or to deal with it.  Wrangling through that was such a mine field with my stepfather and then I found out after I left town that he and my mother had fired the people I had hired to clean, shop, and cook for them.  At least the house was clean after I was there for a week and all the expired items tossed.  I was preparing to go back and do final battle when he went into a diabetic coma and couldn't be released to go home and had to go to a rehab facility.  The doctor finally signed a letter that he was no longer competent so I could use the power of attorney and take care of him properly.  

I had a few issues with my mother but not having to try to convince both of them did make it easier.  Getting her to stop driving took me about three months and after step-dad died she told everyone who'd listen that she wasn't going to let me move her to California.  She fought that about 30 minutes with me in person which I considered a cake walk compared to my thoughts that I was going to have to zonk her with Atavan to get her out of the house and into the van.  

All that is to say it's rarely easy, but good for you for standing up for someone who can't stand up for herself and best wishes on getting it all settled.  We're hear to listen as you struggle through it and don't feel bad if you're in tears every day while getting things settled.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have read about people who are suffering with self neglect, hoarding, isolation, etc. Sometimes, it’s combined with cognitive decline. It’s called Diogenes Syndrome. It can be very challenging to deal with, from what I have seen and read.  Bless you for trying.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314595

It’s clear my cousin is the one hoarding, as at this point my great aunt isn’t capable of making any sort of decisions like that (or leaving the home unsupervised, purchasing items etc). Personally I think my great aunt should go  to a memory care facility (she has the funds for that) and my cousin can stay with family until the house gets repaired and she can work on her own mental health. The place is still inhabitable but it does need repair, cleaning and new appliances. I’m trying to get ahead of it before it becomes a situation where I’m forced to call Elder protective services. 

We say in my Sib Group it’s very hard dealing with someone who is capable of making Decisions but not capable of making good decisions. Ain’t that the truth. I know how to take care of a perpetual toddler or someone with dementia- ALL DAY LONG, but I don’t know what to do with someone who seems to have cognitive capabilities and isnt making sense! And spending money on stupid shit!

Oh this will make you all laugh. Since Covid-19 I’ve been letting my sister play with my phone sometimes (I generally don’t because it’s a $1000 device), but I realized she liked Instagram and looking at the pictures on my phone. 

Well shes not allowed to play with my phone any more because she bought this. 

Check out "He's a Tramp (2019)" by Janelle Monáe on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B0811BW62K?do=play&trackAsin=B081155BBX&ref=dm_sh_zW0DH58XScM5ogfFT7AMKN7ME

She typed out “Ladyandthetramp” until she got something worth while! Lol. No she cannot buy things. 

• LOL 15

I feel like my doctor sees me as a buddy or something. She talks about her personal life too much. Like both grandmas moved in due to COVID and she SEVERELY hates her husband’s mom. Yikes. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 4
23 hours ago, rue721 said:

Please wish me luck and send me good vibes, everybody! I’m taking the LSAT this morning! 🤞🤞🤞🤞<— my fingers and toes are all already crossed!

I'm glad you feel good about it.  It's been many years since I took it.  I think they changed the way they grade since then.....lol.  I'm a good test taker, but, didn't do so impressive on it, however, it didn't hold me back and I still got into two of my top law school picks anyway.  Good luck. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8

Hi friends. Reporting in on my Sunday projects. I didn't get everything done but am happy with where I am so far. 

All the Reflectix minivan window covers are cut and tweaked after test-fittings, and ready to be popped into the windows when I need privacy. At this time I only need them when camping in the van at campsites, so it's not an issue if they aren't covered with black fabric on the outer side. That's mostly an issue for "stealth camping," when you're going to sleep in your vehicle somewhere like a parking lot and you not only want privacy, you don't want your vehicle to look like somebody's in there. 

I have attached the black fabric to three of the window covers, including the two that were the top priority. It went okay. I didn't use spray adhesive because of fumes and overspray (I'm in a condo with no good outdoor place to do this kind of thing.) I put strips of duct tape on the Reflectix and used a hot glue gun on the tape to apply glue to hold the fabric. It came out with some little lumps but TBH the window covers are going to be shoved up tight against tinted windows so I doubt the details will show. I finished the edges with black duct tape. The top priority windows for the black-sided covers are the two farthest toward the rear. They don't open, it makes no difference to my driving if they are totally blocked, and I want to just keep those windows covered all the time. Because of their location, shape, and seat belts hanging in front of them, it's a big hassle to put up and take down covers on those two windows. On my last trip I had crudely cut Reflectix stuck over each of them and I hated the way the Reflectix showed through the windows from outside. This will be better.

I also got the rear door window air vents cut; it was easy. I need to spray paint them black, and am considering where best to do it. I can drape my covered lanai in drop cloths, put the vents in big box, and do my best to spray them there without ruining anything with overspray. But I may ask a friend or relative with a single family home and a yard, if I can spread out a drop cloth and do the paining outdoors at their house. We'll see. The vents can be used this weekend in their original white color so this isn't a burning issue.

So that's TMI about my little household projects, but it feels good to get them taken care of. They were weighing on my mind. 

• Love 17
20 hours ago, Absolom said:

These people are not friends, they are users.  I've practiced learning to not get ensnared by them or if it happens dumping them faster.   Real friends don't ask you to lie for them, cover for them, and basically don't try to use and abuse you.  

In this particular situation, my friend knew nothing about the affair until she got to the conference and her room mate told her where she was going to be and that this was a plan she and her f***buddy had made in order to be together,  She also worked with the man involved and had a friendly working relationship with him.  Obviously, they chose not to share the information with her in advance so she couldn't back out.  As it was, she had paid airfare and the conference was paid for by her employer and the topics were pertinent to her job; so she felt obliged to stay and do the course. And, yes, she realized almost immediately upon arrival that this woman was a false friend and a user and her boyfriend too; she cut off all but essential work related contact with them after returning.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I feel like my doctor sees me as a buddy or something. She talks about her personal life too much. Like both grandmas moved in due to COVID and she SEVERELY hates his mom. Yikes. 

Like the rest of us, your doctor is probably feeling isolated and in need of human contact outside her home.  I get that, I've been known to share family stories, but mainly funny ones or ones that illustrate my point.  It probably helps that I don't have a MIL and I'm quarantining with a couple of canines who I generally love, at least until they chew up the mail or a shoe.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I call dibs on Feckless Chucklefuck and the Death Glares as the name of my next band. 

Me! me! me! I'm making window covers for my minivan today. I'm planning another little camping trip for next weekend. Weekend before last, on my maiden voyage campout in the van, I was improvising the window covers. I hadn't had time to make the covers properly. Masking tape was involved. Not pretty but sufficient for one trip.

I'm using Reflectix, which when cut to shape just a hair bigger than your car window, will generally stay in place when you shove it up against the window inside the vehicle. But I'm going to glue black fabric to one side of the Reflectix, so the stuff won't show from the outside. This guy did a YouTube video of adding fabric to one side of his Reflectix shades; at about 11:00 in he shows the finished shades and then how they look in the car (Reflectix shows when it's on the outside, the black fabric when on the outside just nicely blacks out the window.)

I'm also going to make air vents for each of the back passenger windows, using a $2 gutter filter from Home Depot for each vent. That will let me have both windows lowered a few inches for airflow at night, minus bug visitors. Like this guy, except I'm just making one each for straight across the top of the windows since they just open straight down, and I won't be cutting them down to be shorter. I will spray them black. I think mine will look better than his. Just saying. I have a nifty bug screen that attaches with magnets to the car roof, that allows me to open the sunroof for night time ventilation while avoiding the insect guests. 

I had a busy trip to Home Depot early this morning. Got materials and such for these projects and a couple more, although I already had the Reflectix. I just now came inside from making templates of all the minivan windows using a bunch of manila folders and duct tape and magic marker. Now I'm going to the shopping area where there's a JoAnn Fabrics and a Michael's about two blocks apart, in search of the black fabric. This afternoon I hope to have a nice time here inside, cutting out the shades and finishing them. 

So that's my Sunday fun. I've been working long hours and I was *tired* Friday night. Yesterday I just let myself have a day of light housework and rest with just a short trip to the grocery store. I think that was wise; today I am so much more energetic!

Sending good wishes to all of you. 

Send pics, Jeeves 

• Love 5

hello all. back from my weekend at the beach. it wasnt actually a resort on the water...it was a lovely 1920's 5star hotel that is on a pro-golf course that has a beach view.  nevertheless, it was so relaxing and restful. we ate great food - the birthday dinner was off the charts!  home now and trying to catch up as well as get a haircut and maybe a mani/pedi so i am surgery ready. 

• Love 21

Just wanted to say that a private matter that I had been praying about and worrying over resolved in my favor!  What a relief.  I'm very grateful. 

Now, I have more work to focus on.  Lots of calls yesterday.  I'm not sure what's happening...people are seeming to get out more and spend money on legal work.  Being creative in ways to consult and meet with clients in a safe manner.  

• Love 23
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I asked around and no one has doctors who talk to them about their lives in such detail. I feel even more strange about it. 

If it makes you feel any better my GYN doctor and I chat like that.  I feel like we may as well be familiar if she’s gonna look up my hooha.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

I think all MDs and other professionals have different boundaries. Some are friendly and casual and some are all business. What matters is they need to respect their patients/clients/customers' styles and boundaries as well. 

Came back to add - we need to remember they work for us. We are paying them for a service, although sometimes it feels like they think they're the boss. They're the experts in their field, that's a big difference.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I asked around and no one has doctors who talk to them about their lives in such detail. I feel even more strange about it. 

If it makes you feel any better my GYN doctor and I chat like that.  I feel like we may as well be familiar if she’s gonna look up my hooha.

ETA: I work with my doctor’s cousin and we know some of the same people , so I’m sure that makes a big difference.

• Love 2
On 8/31/2020 at 10:22 AM, doodlebug said:

Like the rest of us, your doctor is probably feeling isolated and in need of human contact outside her home.  I get that, I've been known to share family stories, but mainly funny ones or ones that illustrate my point.  It probably helps that I don't have a MIL and I'm quarantining with a couple of canines who I generally love, at least until they chew up the mail or a shoe.

I don’t see her as isolated. She is married with children. Even the moms moved in. Maybe she wants peace and quiet from the full house situation. She just looks miserable. 

Isolated to me means living alone and having no friends.

Edited by iwantcookies
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t see her as isolated. She is married with children. Even the moms moved in. Maybe she wants peace and quiet from the full house situation. She just looks miserable. 

Isolated to me means living alone and having no friends.

I have a really easy, fun rapport with my PCP and rheumatologist, both women.  We talk about each other's families and lives in general.  For me, it's very welcoming and empowering to have such a friendly and familiar relationship with them, and probably makes me more open to talk about all things health with them, too, which contributes to my quality of care.

I don't have the same rapport with my male doctors.  I'm fine with the care I receive from them, but it's a lot more routine and formal, which is ok, too.

I do choose female doctors whenever possible, and would never have a male OB-GYN.  That'd be too familiar for me!!  

• Love 6

You know my god mother is very sick with bile duct cancer- in the last month she’s lost so much weight. Last year she looked weak but not like this. She lost some weight after her surgery but not this fast. In four weeks I swear she lost 20-25lbs. 

I am very emotional about it today. I hate Covid-19 for this reason. Everything else can wait, time with her cannot wait. Now it’s about spending time with her but not exposing her, it just sucks. 

4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I have a really easy, fun rapport with my PCP and rheumatologist, both women.  We talk about each other's families and lives in general.  For me, it's very welcoming and empowering to have such a friendly and familiar relationship with them, and probably makes me more open to talk about all things health with them, too, which contributes to my quality of care.

I don't have the same rapport with my male doctors.  I'm fine with the care I receive from them, but it's a lot more routine and formal, which is ok, too.

I do choose female doctors whenever possible, and would never have a male OB-GYN.  That'd be too familiar for me!!  

I thought I would never have a male OB either, until I needed a hysterectomy a few years ago. I was so lucky to find the most wonderful doctor to do my surgery, and he just happened to be male.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You know my god mother is very sick with bile duct cancer- in the last month she’s lost so much weight. Last year she looked weak but not like this. She lost some weight after her surgery but not this fast. In four weeks I swear she lost 20-25lbs. 

I am very emotional about it today. I hate Covid-19 for this reason. Everything else can wait, time with her cannot wait. Now it’s about spending time with her but not exposing her, it just sucks. 

Oh @Scarlett45 - my heart goes out to you and your godmother. I guess I am “lucky” that I am in the bubble with my sick son. Doesn’t make the situation better though if you know what I mean. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh @Scarlett45 - my heart goes out to you and your godmother. I guess I am “lucky” that I am in the bubble with my sick son. Doesn’t make the situation better though if you know what I mean. 

I do still get to visit with her- thank goodness. And she and my Mom have been going out to lunch when she feels up to it, (Usually her week off chemo) but we don’t have any of our traditions or routines right now which sucks. 

• Love 1

@Jeeves ... When I went camping in my minivan, I just had a black sheet to throw over me when I slept. The back windows were all heavily tinted, so it was hard to see in, so I didn't have to do the Reflectix window coverings. I went around the eastern part of the country in my minivan, with a twin bed mattress on top of about 8 storage boxes for several years. Then I bought a Roadtrek and gallivanted in that for a couple of years. Then found a friend who had a Class B with two beds, one over the cab, the other was the couch. So traveled with her for several years, mostly attending Loners On Wheels get-togethers across the country, but also did two caravans. Such fun. Next I bought a fixed trailer in Florida in a park for single RVers/campers. It is great! (No matchmaking!) But I am nostalgic for my wandering years and am trying to figure out how to do more traveling again! Or even if I should ... I'm 84 and I'm noticeably young for my age, but I am creaky! Hmm. 

What are our plans? Where are you going in your minivan/camper? You are going to have such a good time! 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I do still get to visit with her- thank goodness. And she and my Mom have been going out to lunch when she feels up to it, (Usually her week off chemo) but we don’t have any of our traditions or routines right now which sucks. 

I'm so sorry @Scarlett45.  I know there's no such thing as "fair," but some things are just not fair!

Sending positive energy your way.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Porkchop said:

@Jeeves ... When I went camping in my minivan, I just had a black sheet to throw over me when I slept. The back windows were all heavily tinted, so it was hard to see in, so I didn't have to do the Reflectix window coverings. I went around the eastern part of the country in my minivan, with a twin bed mattress on top of about 8 storage boxes for several years. Then I bought a Roadtrek and gallivanted in that for a couple of years. Then found a friend who had a Class B with two beds, one over the cab, the other was the couch. So traveled with her for several years, mostly attending Loners On Wheels get-togethers across the country, but also did two caravans. Such fun. Next I bought a fixed trailer in Florida in a park for single RVers/campers. It is great! (No matchmaking!) But I am nostalgic for my wandering years and am trying to figure out how to do more traveling again! Or even if I should ... I'm 84 and I'm noticeably young for my age, but I am creaky! Hmm. 

What are our plans? Where are you going in your minivan/camper? You are going to have such a good time! 

Oh @Porkchop, what good times you've had! Thanks for sharing. I don't have any plans beyond weekend camping trips at the moment. Because, COVID. And, my temp assignment that keeps me busy at the computer at home, M-F, is now extended through October. Fine with me, keeps me off the streets and earning money. I live in hope of taking to the road to get out of Colorado's winter weather in January and February. It's clear that the pandemic has boosted sales of RVs and camping rigs, and I'm sure also boosted bookings at campsites all over. I don't see that trend slowing down through next year. I'll have competition for places to stop and sleep! The desert Southwest may have more people in it than ever this winter.

I'm not sure how often I'll use all the window coverings for my minivan, but I'm glad to have them. The window tint isn't as dark as I would like so I appreciate the privacy I can get with the coverings. I have a good Coleman camping cot (with springs) and a couple of layers of padding and so far it sleeps just fine. 

I'm in my early 70's and finding that moving around inside the minivan can be a challenge, so I'm doing stretches (when I remember) maintain and improve my flexibility. There's enough headroom inside the van that I can maneuver around okay, but sometimes I do feel my age in there, lol. It's a 12 year old van with lots of miles on it (although a new engine + lots of recent maintenance). I plan to keep it until it dies. If I'm still into traveling at that time, I may replace it with something I can stand up in, lol.

@Scarlett45, I'm so sorry; as @On the Bias said, it's so painful to watch a loved one fade away.

• Love 6

Oh Jeeves, I wish you were in New England ... it'd be fun to chat in person! But of course, I forget ... not much "in person" being done these days! Here are some things I wonder if you've heard of .. all google-able ... the Slabs, Quartzsite, Loners On Wheels, Sisters On The Fly, Bob Wells, cheaprvliving.com, the Wandering Individuals Network (WINs) ...

I am on my way to Mohs surgery today, so that's all for today!

How did you happen to start on this vancamping project?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The size of the ads have just gotten out of control.  I can barely see the screen lately.  If someone could suggest an app to help remedy this, would you please PM me with it.  Tks. 

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "theme" tab and pick the first one, IPS(Default). I've been using this theme since the ads started to get really bad, a year ago or so. I have no issues reading or posting anywhere on the site using this theme. There is one ad at the bottom of the sign in page, but it goes away as soon as sign in and go to the list of the shows you follow or whatever page shows up for you after you sign in.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "theme" tab and pick the first one, IPS(Default). I've been using this theme since the ads started to get really bad, a year ago or so. I have no issues reading or posting anywhere on the site using this theme. There is one ad at the bottom of the sign in page, but it goes away as soon as sign in and go to the list of the shows you follow or whatever page shows up for you after you sign in.

Thanks for the tip Madtown.  I had forgotten about the IPS default (not sure why I ever stopped using it). 

For me, with the regular setting I also have tons of large adds, plus my page jumps around when I click the link to go into a thread.  75% of the time I do not land on the first unread post.  No issues with IPS default.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Madtown said:

thanks for sharing. i used an ad blocker  and it confused up my computer so i have been doing without it all this time. i had no idea i could do what you said and be a mostly ad-free. it looks different but i will adjust to it. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, zoomama said:

thanks for sharing. i used an ad blocker  and it confused up my computer so i have been doing without it all this time. i had no idea i could do what you said and be a mostly ad-free. it looks different but i will adjust to it. 

It took me a few days to get used to it as well, but once I adjusted to it, I've never had an issue with it. I couldn't stand the jumping pages and all the ads anymore. I had no idea about the IPS default, I just clicked on the "theme" one day and was thrilled to see no ads.

• Love 1