Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

He doesn’t even lie well. “I was drinking a glass of colored water.” He couldn’t have just said iced tea? Pepsi?  It really shows how much stupidity is encouraged in raising their broods of morons.

There seems to be a lack of discretion.  People in the fundie world are very sensitive to alcohol usage.  For the average person, it's difficult to imagine just how big of a deal it is.  I get it, because, I was raised in it.  If my parents see a photo of me holding a wine glass....I can feel the negative vibe.  lol  I try to avoid it.  Just out of respect and I don't work at a fundie school.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I wonder how Mrs. Falwell feels about Jerry throwing her under the bus and declaring her the official sinner in their marriage. According to him, she entered into a sexual relationship with the pool boy and he was not "involved" at all. When he discovered the affair, he did forgive her, which was awfully magnanimous of him.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

“The board put me on leave, took away my duties as prez, and that’s not permitted by my contract,” Falwell told the newspaper. “And they put me on leave because of pressure from self-righteous people.”

"Self-righteous people"?!? This hypocrisy is one of the reasons I gave up organized religion, which put me on the path to gradual atheism. If this had happened to any other christian college president he would have been first in line to grandstand his self-righteousness with thoughts, prayers, and a demand that the president resign. But HE expects to be counseled, allowed to repent, and put back in charge of HIS college. 

• Love 8

I was telling a coworker about this scandal today, and we realized that Liberty deleted that Twitter thread we were all laughing our asses off about yesterday. The comments on there were already brutal. Have no clue why they left it up as long as they did. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

hi everyone, i have an update on me.  saw the ENT surgeon yesterday. i definitely have a good size tumor, a 50 cent piece size. i need a biopsy to see if it is cancer although the odds are that it is benign. waiting to schedule the biopsy - a two part procedure. the surgery will be a bit bigger that i had expected at best case; a far larger incision. supposed to be outpatient but with my breathing he said maybe not. as for the carotid artery ---think of a sandwich. the first bread is my spine, then the meat is the carotid artery and then the last bread is my throat. so my spine is in the wrong place and is pushing the artery into the throat. any throat surgery that i might ever need  will be VERY risky. so worst case scenario if say...eating becomes a risk of rupturing the artery, then i will have a permanent trach installed and a  g-tube in my stomach to feed myself. ...forever. he says not to worry about that right now. will have a second consult over the phone with the first surgeon tomorrow and see what he says now. still not telling family or kids.  my kids have too many life changes happening themselves  right now to have to worry about this stuff too. 

in essence, i am freaking inside but things will be what they will be. God is in control. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, zoomama said:

hi everyone, i have an update on me.  saw the ENT surgeon yesterday. i definitely have a good size tumor, a 50 cent piece size. i need a biopsy to see if it is cancer although the odds are that it is benign. waiting to schedule the biopsy - a two part procedure. the surgery will be a bit bigger that i had expected at best case; a far larger incision. supposed to be outpatient but with my breathing he said maybe not. as for the carotid artery ---think of a sandwich. the first bread is my spine, then the meat is the carotid artery and then the last bread is my throat. so my spine is in the wrong place and is pushing the artery into the throat. any throat surgery that i might ever need  will be VERY risky. so worst case scenario if say...eating becomes a risk of rupturing the artery, then i will have a permanent trach installed and a  g-tube in my stomach to feed myself. ...forever. he says not to worry about that right now. will have a second consult over the phone with the first surgeon tomorrow and see what he says now. still not telling family or kids.  my kids have too many life changes happening themselves  right now to have to worry about this stuff too. 

in essence, i am freaking inside but things will be what they will be. God is in control. 

Oh my Zmama. Hoping your surgery goes well and the answers you receive after your consult are the best case scenario. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, zoomama said:

It's good you have info, but, I know this has to cause anxiety.  It's just normal to have that. I don't know much about this type of thing, but, I hope you can focus on your faith, as you stated above. Faith, praying and trust in a higher power has gotten me through some really tough stuff over the years.  I won't compare my issues to yours, but, I know the power of faith.  I will keep you in my prayers as you see this through.  If the doctor said not to worry right now over contingencies, I'd try to do that.  I understand not wanting to worry your family members, but, you need their support too.  You certainly have it here!  This is a lot to process.  Take care until your second consult tomorrow.  Many hugs and well wishes your way! 

• Love 9

@zoomama I hope your Dr is at the peak of his performance when you get anything done. Prayers for you. 
At some point you may need to tell your family. You might need physical support, but I guess you will cross this bridge when/if you have to. Again. Praying for the best case scenario. 

I’m worried about my friend of 45 years (we met as teens) who is not evacuating for the hurricane. She went through a lot during Katrina. She never complained. Went to the Red Cross and cooked huge amounts of food to feed the masses as that’s all she could do. Had to move over 200 miles temporarily so her son could finish HS. You’d never believe all the things that she’s survived and overcome. I’m literally scared that her luck might have run out. Help me please pray for her and every other living thing in this storms path. I say that because I worry for the animals left behind or people who have no where to go or someone to get them out of there. Yes, these storms really scare me. 

• Love 8

This storm is very frightening. I to am worried about everyone who could/would not leave especially the homeless. I live outside of Houston and it looks like we will be fine but yesterday as I drove around doing errands I saw one of the homeless people in this area I my heart just hurt for him. I had no way to help him and hoped that the police would come and pick him up. At least in jail he would be safe. So many people and animals are in danger. I also am praying.

• Love 7
On 8/24/2020 at 4:24 AM, ChiCricket said:

I woke up determined to get someone (anyone!) in my family to bike ride to my neighborhood park with me. My husband won't ride the "adult tricycle" I bought for him years ago (he's embarrassed) even though that's what I cheerfully ride, and I'm five years younger than him (I can't balance on a regular bike anymore, and he never learned to ride a regular bike as a kid.) I haven't ridden ONCE this year.

So..anyway. I sent an invite to my Illinois family, saying I was going to go biking at 2pm and would someone (anyone!) PLEASE join me..that I miss everyone SO much!! 😭

Almost everybody that lives in Illinois came! I was SO happy! My son and his wife, my 2 daughters, 3 of my granddaughters, and my 2 grandsons. 😊😊😊

And when we got home from the bike ride, my husband had BBQed food for everyone (even remembered veggie burgers for our vegetarian granddaughter.)

We all wore masks and socially distanced. It was great, but now I'm very, very tired.

I'm out practice talking to so many people at once! 

OH! And got the best news..my 4 German grands are also going to be doing virtual school for the first semester..."just to be safe" (so now ALL my grands are)💗 

Hope you are all safe and well.

Ps..I should give credit to my shrink for realizing I needed my Prozac dose adjusted. I feel so much better since he upped it recently. I wasn't going to mention it, but you know what? I want people to know that sometimes meds do help. 😊

How WONDERFUL!!!!!  The whole things seems kind of impromptu and spontaneous, and I LOVE it when something all comes together like that!!  WOOT!!!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Hope everything works out fir your friend @Mindthinkr. My family is from Lake Charles and everyone left except one uncle.  I hope he’s okay.

I saw a schematic today of where it is supposed to flood there. They even expect the civic center to have flooding issues. I’ll add him to my prayers. Remind him to have a hatchet or axe in his attic. If necessary he may need to break through his roof. Also a brightly colored towel to help identify where someone may need help when they helicopter over post hurricane. (Lessons learned)

There were a few areas that might not have water issues. I hope he is in one of these 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Love 8

@zoomama echoing all the support you have gotten. Will hope for good news 

we lived in Baton Rouge for over 40 years til we moved to metro Atlanta. I have been in contact with my peeps and they are getting as prepared as we know how. We don’t think they are going to get more than wind and rain and power outages. There are more peeps in the path and they are trying to go elsewhere.  I still have anxiety here knowing we won’t be affected. It stays with me.  Hoping people are safe and yes I feel for the poor wildlife and pets. 

• Love 10

@zoomama, I hope that your surgeon can remove the tumor with the least amount of intrusive surgery needed. It's hard being strong all the time, but I understand not wanting to tell your family until you know what's going on.

@Mindthinkr, I live in Idaho and this storm scares me. I really hope your friend will be safe. 

• Love 9

@zoomama, that’s a lot to process, and I really hope your doctor’s expectation that it is negative is correct. And hoping your surgery will be as easy as possible and successful. Sending you many hugs and healing thoughts.

For those in Laura’s path, please stay safe. It’s a terrible time to go through such a storm. So sorry you are all having to deal with this terrifying hurricane.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

@zoomama I love you, I care about you, I worry for you.  I’m sending all the best healing vibes your way.  I’m sure not knowing is the worst - but I just feel sure you’re going to come sailing through.  I’m envisioning and embracing a full recovery for you.  

I squeezed my eyes shut, made fists, faced your direction and concentrated hard so you’d get my feelings on a little breeze.  You’re a little further than I thought and I peed myself a little.  You’re welcome.  

on a different note, I’m telling this story to give you guys some insight who I really am.  
Few years ago, we bought the house my Daddy built and that was my childhood home.  I hate this house, it’s a shoebox.  But.  It’s also on the same road as my children,  grandchildren and my brother.  Location and ground is beautiful, house is a shoebox.  
along with the house came a humongous UGLY pole barn Daddy built 40 years ago.  Dirt floor, poles, 3 walls and a roof.  It served its time.  We decided to spend considerable money to replace it with a big storage shed.  Resembles a barn, made of steel, red.  

I forget now, the delay that caused the barn/shed to be put on hold, but instead of waiting for shed to happen, husband gets impatient and breaks down the old pole barn.  By himself.  Piece by piece.  This takes approximately 4 months, and happens before we’ve made any kind of contract or paid a deposit for the replacement.  I’m watching from inside thinking “What is he DOING???”  There were several weeks, seriously, when there’s no “skin” or lid on the poles or rafters and it looks like a beached whale carcass out back.  This made me apoplectic.  FINALLY we order the barn in the fall.  The company is behind, it’s going to be MARCH before we see the barn.  

anybody remember March?  Anyone?

it comes time we get the call saying “barns ready!  Here we come!”  And my husband said nooooo, now I’m afraid to let go of the money.  It has to wait.  (Because we own a mechanic shop - airport related bus repair for hotels and park/ride and it’s been baaaaad).  So.  No shed.

by this point, the carcass has been removed and the space is cleared.  But there’s no shelter for ANYTHING yard related.  So in my back yard (which is admittedly pretty big but still...) is: a tractor, 2 lawn mowers, 2 grills, ladders leaning against the house, a hard top for a Jeep, a pop up camper, a huge trailer camper, 2 wheelbarrows, 2 large hauling trailers, and the small camper (a pod).  Also at that time was a large stack of tin from the pole barn roof that my ex wanted, and a huge stack of planed oak wood that belongs to my brother.  In the GARAGEis a huge stack of wood flooring, a different smaller stack of ceiling planks, all my gardening tools including blowers, tillers and motorized trimmers, 2 air compressors, and 2 big mechanics tool boxes.  I’d tell you about the basement, but your eyes have sufficiently glazed over.

my whole entire argument was:  SO WHAT if the old pole barn looked like the Beverly hillbillies???  SO WHAT???  It had a roof, if kept things out of the weather AND kept them in one place... WHY DID YOU TEAR THAT DOWN???  
This was cause for some... marital strife.  

good news:  this week THE BARN ARRIVED!!!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!!  I am soooooo happy!!!  😁😁😁.  Now I have mah house, mah truck, may dawg and mah barn.  

and HERE (finally is the actual story).  I text my bff the barn is here and sent her a pic.  She said “so you had to put that eyesore in your back yard”.  What????  Are you saying this is an eyesore???

she responds: in her opinion, any red building not sitting next to an old farmhouse with a silo nearby is an eyesore.  

I thought I might squeeze the phone so hard I’d break it.  
here is my response: 

I’m not sure you remember this:  I’ve actually HAD an eyesore in my backyard.  Recently, as it happens.  So I’m up-close familiar with an eyesore.   Whether you personally find red or a shed or a red shed appealing or not, it’s not an eyesore.  I will clarify.  Having LIVED THROUGH the eyesore phase in this very yard, I swear to you a new shed would have have to be neon green and pink with orange flashing Budweiser lights and a HUGE “OPEN” sign screaming “TOPLESS BABES!!!  DRINK AT MERLE’S!!” before I would move it to the eyesore category.  It would have to be a LOT worse than this brand fucking new red barn in my yard.   And yes, I am positively GIDDY about it.

i am currently in the market for a new BFF.

70D01FBA-812F-478D-A03D-C92AC0DCDFEA.jpeg

@Happyfatchick:  " Hand raised, waving wildly ". Me ! Me! Pick me! I would love to be your new BFF. I am even a fellow Georgia peach! Seriously, I think your new barn looks fabulous! Very neat and I love the bright red color! Enjoy!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

THE BARN ARRIVED!!!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!!  I am soooooo happy!!!  😁😁😁.  Now I have mah house, mah truck, may dawg and mah barn.  

Your barn looks lovely!  It is red (my favorite color) and looks like it was always meant to be there.  

Right now I am pitting cherries for cherry jam.  I’m also getting ready to try to make pickles for the first time.  My best friend’s dad made the best garlic dills and bread and butter pickles, so I’m using his recipes.  I have had a great deal of difficulty in getting the quart size canning jars.  None of my online sources would ship or were out of stock.  I did manage to find some pint jars in a local Target.  I took a road trip to a Tractor Supply store about 50 miles from here—they were out, but suggested a place a few miles away that had them in stock.  The Tractor Supply ladies were very sweet and helpful.  I was able to get 3 cases of quart jars, which should be plenty.  

On Saturday, I bought a new car—red of course.  It’s a 2021 model, so I will have to wait a while before it’s delivered.

Hope all of our family and friends in the path of Laura are staying safe.

• Love 11

HFC, your brand new barn is gorgeous, and if I, a city gal, thinks so, it must be true.  Your BFF needs to shut her piehole.  Especially considering how times have been recently.  

On a happier note, my office crew decided that, since we have had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year from our personal yards, we needed to do a BLT potluck for lunch today.  Yum!!! Bacon!!!  It was simply delightful and highly recommended.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

HFC, your brand new barn is gorgeous, and if I, a city gal, thinks so, it must be true.  Your BFF needs to shut her piehole.  Especially considering how times have been recently.  

On a happier note, my office crew decided that, since we have have a bumper crop of tomatoes this year from our personal yards, we needed to do a BLT potluck for lunch today.  Yum!!! Bacon!!!  It was simply delightful and highly recommended.

Home-grown tomatoes!  How I miss the tomatoes from my aunt's garden in Iowa.  There's nothing like tomatoes from the mid-west!

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, zoomama said:

thanks for the support here, friends.  i am calmed down some.  waiting for the biopsy to be scheduled. 

HFC, you made my heart happy!! ...and i love your barn. 

@zoomama, wishing you all the best.

@Happyfatchick, I am SO on Team Barn, and your friend needs her eyes checked. Or something in her head checked, anyway.

• Love 5

HFC, I love your barn. You'll be able to get all that stuff out of your yard and garage, so it's a double win.

Last night I had tomato, mayo, on white bread sandwiches with homemade french fries and some excellent Blackberry Merlot at my BFF's house. Homegrown tomatoes are so good. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

@zoomama I love you, I care about you, I worry for you.  I’m sending all the best healing vibes your way.  I’m sure not knowing is the worst - but I just feel sure you’re going to come sailing through.  I’m envisioning and embracing a full recovery for you.  

I squeezed my eyes shut, made fists, faced your direction and concentrated hard so you’d get my feelings on a little breeze.  You’re a little further than I thought and I peed myself a little.  You’re welcome.  

on a different note, I’m telling this story to give you guys some insight who I really am.  
Few years ago, we bought the house my Daddy built and that was my childhood home.  I hate this house, it’s a shoebox.  But.  It’s also on the same road as my children,  grandchildren and my brother.  Location and ground is beautiful, house is a shoebox.  
along with the house came a humongous UGLY pole barn Daddy built 40 years ago.  Dirt floor, poles, 3 walls and a roof.  It served its time.  We decided to spend considerable money to replace it with a big storage shed.  Resembles a barn, made of steel, red.  

I forget now, the delay that caused the barn/shed to be put on hold, but instead of waiting for shed to happen, husband gets impatient and breaks down the old pole barn.  By himself.  Piece by piece.  This takes approximately 4 months, and happens before we’ve made any kind of contract or paid a deposit for the replacement.  I’m watching from inside thinking “What is he DOING???”  There were several weeks, seriously, when there’s no “skin” or lid on the poles or rafters and it looks like a beached whale carcass out back.  This made me apoplectic.  FINALLY we order the barn in the fall.  The company is behind, it’s going to be MARCH before we see the barn.  

anybody remember March?  Anyone?

it comes time we get the call saying “barns ready!  Here we come!”  And my husband said nooooo, now I’m afraid to let go of the money.  It has to wait.  (Because we own a mechanic shop - airport related bus repair for hotels and park/ride and it’s been baaaaad).  So.  No shed.

by this point, the carcass has been removed and the space is cleared.  But there’s no shelter for ANYTHING yard related.  So in my back yard (which is admittedly pretty big but still...) is: a tractor, 2 lawn mowers, 2 grills, ladders leaning against the house, a hard top for a Jeep, a pop up camper, a huge trailer camper, 2 wheelbarrows, 2 large hauling trailers, and the small camper (a pod).  Also at that time was a large stack of tin from the pole barn roof that my ex wanted, and a huge stack of planed oak wood that belongs to my brother.  In the GARAGEis a huge stack of wood flooring, a different smaller stack of ceiling planks, all my gardening tools including blowers, tillers and motorized trimmers, 2 air compressors, and 2 big mechanics tool boxes.  I’d tell you about the basement, but your eyes have sufficiently glazed over.

my whole entire argument was:  SO WHAT if the old pole barn looked like the Beverly hillbillies???  SO WHAT???  It had a roof, if kept things out of the weather AND kept them in one place... WHY DID YOU TEAR THAT DOWN???  
This was cause for some... marital strife.  

good news:  this week THE BARN ARRIVED!!!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!!  I am soooooo happy!!!  😁😁😁.  Now I have mah house, mah truck, may dawg and mah barn.  

and HERE (finally is the actual story).  I text my bff the barn is here and sent her a pic.  She said “so you had to put that eyesore in your back yard”.  What????  Are you saying this is an eyesore???

she responds: in her opinion, any red building not sitting next to an old farmhouse with a silo nearby is an eyesore.  

I thought I might squeeze the phone so hard I’d break it.  
here is my response: 

I’m not sure you remember this:  I’ve actually HAD an eyesore in my backyard.  Recently, as it happens.  So I’m up-close familiar with an eyesore.   Whether you personally find red or a shed or a red shed appealing or not, it’s not an eyesore.  I will clarify.  Having LIVED THROUGH the eyesore phase in this very yard, I swear to you a new shed would have have to be neon green and pink with orange flashing Budweiser lights and a HUGE “OPEN” sign screaming “TOPLESS BABES!!!  DRINK AT MERLE’S!!” before I would move it to the eyesore category.  It would have to be a LOT worse than this brand fucking new red barn in my yard.   And yes, I am positively GIDDY about it.

i am currently in the market for a new BFF.

70D01FBA-812F-478D-A03D-C92AC0DCDFEA.jpeg

I LOVE your gorgeous red barn!  Red is my favorite color.  

• Love 3
On 8/24/2020 at 8:01 PM, Zella said:

It sounds like they gave him the option to resign gracefully, and he didn't take it. This might get really ugly. And I'm here for it. LOL

I spent my (real) working career in HR, and I suspect that’s exactly what they’ve done.  Told him you can resign or you can walk the plank.  You pick.  But that plank walk is going to get U.G.L.Y.  And also, he would have to have such an iron clad contract NOT to resign at this point.  Once his resignation is rendered, I don’t think he can do much about unscrambling that egg.  They need to publicly accept his resignation, cut him off financially and let him sue until all the cows are home.  If he resigned and they can prove it, he can “try” to rescind - nobody has to accept that.  Dumbass.  I’m guessing Liberty has a palatial President’s quarters.  That would be a noteworthy eviction.  

Just a fun story:  We fired our Service Manager in February because of a customer complaint of sexual harassment.  When Mr FC confronted him, he said “I have a customer complaint that you inappropriately touched the driver from X last week”.   Mr FC had his phone on the desk on audio.  [helpful tidbit:  the answer is “who???  I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about!!”  We couldn’t have proven a thing.]   Service Manager says “well, I mean, I touched her arm to pull her out of the way...”.  Aaaaaaaaaand bye Felicia!!  

• Love 10

Love red barns.  I'd live in that.  Gimme an internet hook up so I can watch some TCM and a big couch and it would be heaven.

I agree with HFC - please tell your kids Zoomama.  The little stuff you can always sweat on your own, and as I told Mini Malotte once she didn't know her father as long as I have so there are some things that aren't her business to ask about - but the big stuff, please tell them.  I remember all the shit with my parents and not knowing the whole picture because she wouldn't share and he's a moron. It can be incredibly hurtful.  Just think about it.       

• Love 7

@Happyfatchick, I love your barn as well!! It makes me think of a couple of things. For one, it reminds me a lot of the "shed" we had out back in another house we had about 20 years back...It was not red, but was shaped rather like yours, but with a second garage bay on the right hand side, The whole middle area was open, and made for a totally DREAM workshop for Mr Jyn and his tools. There was also another separate room out back for garden type tools, and an almost-full size second story which the kids swore was haunted. We never did actually use that for anything as there was pretty much neverending storage in the ground floor. That barn was probably at least as big as our house, and we still really, really miss the whole property there. 

The other thing I think of is the farm - well  two of them, really -  across the street from us. When we first moved here, there was a rather derelict old, white farmhouse on the property lower down on the hill, and many, many acres of unused fields and scrubby shrubbery around it. The next frontage, maybe 1/4 mile up the hill from there is what used to be a dairy farm, which, even though it wasn't exactly operational anymore, still maintained about four aged cows and did a bit of minimal upkeep on the fields in order to remain qualified for a program in which the land is basically rented by the State for something close to perpetuity as long as it maintains its original function. It used to be quite picturesque, in a bit of a ramshackle way, when we first moved here. But now two of the barns have caved in on themselves, the other outbuildings are threatening to follow suit, and the house on the property looks not much better. There are junk vehicles all over, a felled tree has been sitting cattycorner across their front yard for at least a year and a half, and the entire thing totally meets all the criteria for being a true eyesore. Even the view across the fields from our front door has been ruined because the trees and bushes on their side of the stone wall have grown so tall. 

And, yet, for some reason, there seem to be more people complaining about the fact that the farmer who bought the land down the road, cleared, it, and made it a lovely landscape of fields and stone walls (though he has so far only used his fields to grown hay), built a rather plain, ranch-style home with a barn next to it, all painted barn red, to replace the decrepit, though admittedly architecturally more appealing old white farmhouse. I personally think that the red buildings fit beautifully into the landscape, and add a serenity which the farm up the road has been sucking out of our neighborhood for years. Hooray for nice red barns with an aura of love!

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

@zoomama, you need to tell your kids.  You need their support, and they’re going to feel like you cheated them out of an opportunity to be there for you.  ❤️❤️❤️

@zoomama - my best friend called to tell me she had a breast issue, between thanksgiving and christmas.  She said she wasn't going to tell her grown daughters because she didn't want to ruin christmas.  I told her she needed to because of that exact sentiment of HFC.  She ended up with a long recovery, did tell them, they were there for her in the best way, and were horrified when she said she wasn't going to tell them.  It has brought them even closer together.  Don't know your exact situation - you can judge.  But I am sending  you good vibes and healing mojo.

• Love 9

Zoomama - I wish you the very best of health. I hope you do decide to tell your children. I know I would want to know.

HFC - I love red barns and yours is lovely!

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and I'm excited that I'm going to be seeing better and that I'm fine. I was very concerned because my right eye has been fatigued, even first thing in the morning. Although I had surgery for crossed eyes as a child, my eyes still struggle to work together. She said I have healthy eyes and no glaucoma. Lots of floaters, but they go with my age. I have ocular migraines sometimes, which does not concern her. Hurray! 

I get very discouraged some days about the times we are living in. I'm really trying to be positive. Thanks for "listening" 🥰 fellow closeteers!

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m very upset today. I wish I had an ounce of HFC’s good writing skills.
My friend’s dog, attacked my cat, inside my house. My cat was injured.
Somehow it’s my fault 🙀😢

Hugs. I hope your cat will be ok.🙁

• Love 5