Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: No Moore Apollogies

• Start Topic

Even though I really didn't think Kenya was physically attacked; I still believe that Kenya called 911 because no one came up to her to see if she was okay.  Sure she's a bully, but making sure someone is okay after they either fell down or were knocked down is common courtesy.  "Are you okay Kenya?  Do you need anything?"  probably would have made her feel better IMO.

They might have if she didn't come off the floor telling Porsha "You're GONE!"

• Love 5

Yes to this.

Kenya isn't that stupid. I think she knew good and well what she was doing and I think lying ass Apollo had a broke clock situation going on when he told her they were both wrong. She tried to brush past it but I think she knows deep down that she was almost as shady and messy as he was with the way she played up the texts.

Hence why she is doing damage control this season.

• Love 3

If Nene said those nasty things on camera, then why not address her on camera?  I'm not saying that how either of them handled it was best, but Nene can't expect people/friends to treat her with respect and/or respect their friendship, when she doesn't do the same for them.  She's a straight up hypocrite.

They did address it on camera, we all saw/heard it the first time. I really believe that Cynthia accepted the apology until she read comments made by viewers and was swayed by strangers over someone she knew. I am not defending Nene, I do not like her, but on this Cynthia is wrong IMO, especially after hearing Peter tell Cynthia that someone should be able to tell a friend they are/did wrong without them getting upset. Isn't that exactly what they did to Nene? LOL I think Peter convinced Cynthia she needed to get out of Nene's shadow and stand on her own but she fails to see she just moved from 1 shadow to another, Peters! He wants Cynthia's peach for himself! LOL

• Love 6

I feel for Kandi. She desperately wants to make her Mother happy and thinks when that happens there will be peace. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking care of your family if you're of financial means. Goodbye Todd with your concern over how Kandi is spending the money she's earned the past 20 years. You certainly don't mind it when she buys you expense gifts for your birthday. However, Kandi, in my opinion, was a battered child. People keep expecting Kandi to set boundaries with her Mother and get frustrated when she doesn't. She doesn't have the tools or even recognize that there's a serious problem in their relationship. She brushes off concerns and makes excuses for the mistreatment much like women who are being abused by their husbands or boyfriends.

Watching Apollo is so uncomfortable. He's getting more screentime than some of the housewives. His anger and bitterness over his situation needs to be directed at himself, not Phaedra.

Ayden is impossibly adorable. I thought he was going to be such a spoiled brat with all the King nonsense but Phaedra and her Mother are doing a great job. Dylan is a little cutie too.

Kenya is always trying to stir it up and attack other people because her other scenes are boring. Please no more songs. No more Brandon. No more whining. No more trying to play the victim.

• Love 6
Peter will tell you he keeps bringing up her age because he is proud of her (to clarify, Cynthia is far from old and looks beautiful for any age), but the truth is that he wants to passive aggressively bring her down to draw attention away from the fact that she married far beneath her.  I say that as not a reference to his looks or money, but his character.

Just once, I wish Cynthia would give Papa Smurf one of those, "Have you looked in the mirror lately?" looks to shut his ass down.  When he isn't outright demeaning Cynthia, he's damning her with faint praise--especially when that praise pumps up his own ego.  That's why he can't shut up about Cynthia's Ebony shoot, which is a pretty big deal.  However, he somehow makes it all about himself like, "Look at what I got!"

I want to clone Ayden because I want one of my very own. What a beautiful, articulate, fun and properly behaved child. I love that he is playful, cute and clear spoken but doesn't appear to grown and doesn't 'sass' adults. I would read a child rearing book written by Phaedra. I see him and get mad all over again at Apollo for depriving him of a father.

Ayden is probably the most well-mannered and brightest child I've seen on any of these reality shows.  While I would never buy a book penned by Fakedra on how to pick a partner for life, I would definitely give a book on parenting a look-see.  Hopefully, with their sperm donor away, the boys will have at least half a chance to grow up into the strong young men that their mother hopes for.

When Appalling showed up for the dental appointment, I had to wonder if this is something he would have done on his own if the cameras weren't rolling and if he weren't on the midnight train to jail outside of Georgia.  He just never struck me as a family man much less one who is actively involved or particularly interested in decisions regarding his sons' medical and educational issues or their religious upbringing.  Other than puffing his chest out because his little swimmers created some really cute kids, I just don't see Appalling conversing with his wife about anything meaningful when it comes to the little ones.  It's very telling that he got all dressed up ostensibly to "support" Cynthia, when he could have kept his ass at home and spent even more time with his children.  But, I guess since he's not getting any from his wife, he had to try one last time to smooth talk his way into Kenya's bed.  Too bad for him it didn't work and he only exposed himself to his friends for the lying liar who lies that he is.

• Love 4

If Kenya hadn't purposefully portrayed those texts as provocative to get under his wife's skin I'd be on her side. She could have flat out said "he's a dirty liar" but she didn't. I really don't understand how she gets excused for this. She was building a storyline for herself on Phaedra and Apollo's crumbling marriage and somehow that's okay. Fuck Kenya Moore. I hate her because she writes checks her fake ass can't cash. 

My time is too valuable to waste writing about Cynthia.

I feel bad for Kandi. My mom is alot like Mama Joyce so I understand what she's going through. She really needs to understand that she's never going to please her mother so she may as well stop trying.

I can't believe Apollo is going to portray himself as the injured party in the divorce. What an asshole...

Phaedra is going to have to figure out how to explain their father's absence to her boys. Despite what what one may think about Phaedra she WORKS and she's doing a great job raising those boys. They aren't as articulate and well mannered as they are by accident. 

ETA: And Kenya still talks shit about Porsha in her talking heads. If Porsha beats her ass again that's wrong though. "Don't start none, won't be none" is the catch phrase she should adopt quickly.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 15

Kenya is always trying to stir it up and attack other people because her other scenes are boring. Please no more songs. No more Brandon. No more whining. No more trying to play the victim.

But why? Her strategy has paid off very well. RHOA is the highest rated show BRAVO has. And the ratings jumped from Season 4 to 5. Kenya is the perfect "character" for this kind of "reality tea" drama - and she knows it.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 5

This is what bugs the ever-loving shit out of me with Kandi. She seems to either be laughing and smiling OR crying over mother's antics. She never takes her mother to task over the crazy and outrageous things she does, including threatening someone with violence, but let someone who has been on the receiving end of Joyce's special brand of ugliness clap back at Joyce, call her a bitch or threaten her with beat down she richly deserves and its 'how you gonna talk to my mama that way.'  What the ever-loving fuck?!?! I just can't with Kandi letting her mother run roughshod over everyone and then wanting to admonish others for defending themselves. Todd and his mother have every right to be fire licking at the sides of their faces mad at that old gargoyle. Joyce called Todd's mother a honest to goodness prostitute and said his father, who has been dead for decades, was a pimp, which implies to me that his dad had his mom out on a corner. How ugly is that?!? Yet Kandi acts like Todd and his mom have no right to be angry or have some choice words for Mama Joyce. Now Joyce gets rewarded for her behavior with a new house.

At Mama Joyce's age, she should be downsizing, not moving into a 7 bedroom home with courts, pools, etc. WTH does she need with all that?? For someone so concerned about her daughter being golddug, Joyce doesn't seem to have Kandi's financial health in mind either. Money that could have gone to Riley or been invested in other things is going to house an able-bodied woman in a ridiculously oversized home. Plus, what of the expenses? Taxes, pool and lawn maintenance, housekeeping. I am sure Joyce is not up to cleaning 5 bathrooms.  Her ass needs a townhouse, modest size ranch or to start looking at senior living communities.

I actually thought Todd and Kandi had a decent shot at a happy long marriage. Now with that gargoyle moving a few doors down, that marriage is on a countdown to destruction. T-minus 10, 9, 8 ..... Kandi is going to be left with nothing but her mother and child. AGAIN. if she doesn't take a stand with her mom.

I want to clone Ayden because I want one of my very own. What a beautiful, articulate, fun and properly behaved child. I love that he is playful, cute and clear spoken but doesn't appear to grown and doesn't 'sass' adults. I would read a child rearing book written by Phaedra. I see him and get mad all over again at Apollo for depriving him of a father.

Last week, Nene was the source of Cynthia's marriage woes. This week Nene is now worse than Cynthia's fibroids which caused her stomach to bloat like she was 6 months pregnant,caused  considerable physical pain and required surgery and bed rest. Good to know. I have always found the 'I found my voice' housewives like Alex of NYC particularly tedious and inauthentic. Cynthia is no exception. I just don't believe this 'turnt up' Cynthia being aggressively angry and insulting towards other women. It just rings hollow and false to me. Cynthia is like tofu - she adopts the flavor of whoever she is around. She bores me. I will say that she is so fucking beautiful. Hell, she was more attractive with minimal makeup in that yellow dress with Peter than she was the night of her party. That is saying something. Her makeup is gorgeous in her TH but I hate the blond center parted stick straight hair. Hate it!!

I totally agree with your comments about Phaedra and Ayden. The thing I've noticed and really loved these past couple of weeks is how she introduces new vocabulary to him, and if a word is unfamiliar to him, like coordination, he repeats it and immediately asks what it means. Loved that so much. And then when he was "helping" to push the carriage toward the dentists office and they talked about his bad driving, instead of yelling at him to stop messing around, like these stupid bitches I see on the bus here in WDC, she tells him his license is going to be revoked. And she has conversations with him. Dylan may start speaking even sooner watching them interact.

It was so weird, though, when his asshole father came in the dentist's office and he said, "Oh, boy, oh boy." Yikes! He's a very perceptive child. She's going to have to skip the spelling things they don't want kids to understand phase and go straight to out of the room entirely, with an eye on the key hole!

Cynthia also is getting on my nerves. She's trying to make herself relevant through this feud with NeNe, but it's really stupid. And Peter's probably glad about it because Nene won't be there to talk some sense in the silly cow when he cons her out of money for his next failed business. She really needs to tone it down. Telling us constantly how fabulous her body is now, also is unnecessary, and she does not sound genuine.

Plus, Nene didn't call Peter a bitch; she said he was acting like a bitch. And as Phaedra would say, "everybody knows" that Peter does have a lot to say all of the time about what Nene calls "women's business." The other girls have remarked on it, too. The four of them kissed and made up after, so it's time to move on.

One of the "this season" previews does have Nene crying about their lost friendship, which is interesting. She needs to tone her shit way down, too. I used to really like her even when she was being obnoxious because she was so funny. Now I fast forward through many of her scenes.

• Love 4

Just once, I wish Cynthia would give Papa Smurf one of those, "Have you looked in the mirror lately?" looks to shut his ass down.  When he isn't outright demeaning Cynthia, he's damning her with faint praise--especially when that praise pumps up his own ego.  That's why he can't shut up about Cynthia's Ebony shoot, which is a pretty big deal.  However, he somehow makes it all about himself like, "Look at what I got!"

He said something to her about how she shouldn't be eating anything, and I was just...I just couldn't.  

Apparently you're this new and improved confident woman and you're letting this broke ass Papa Smurf talk shit to you about what you should be eating.  And you could take that comment as a joke, but like you said, he barely sees Cynthia as a person, just a reflection on him, so I'm sure he is dead serious that she can't gain any weight, because it would make him look bad.  But he looks bad all on his own.

• Love 4

Phaedra is going to have to figure out how to explain their father's absence to her boys.

Won't be easy, but I hope she does it gradually. Tell them more about what their father did and why it was wrong as they get older and are able to understand that stealing is wrong. They are too young right now to grasp it all. And I don't blame her for not taking them to prison unless it's in a setting that won't scare them.

• Love 3

Won't be easy, but I hope she does it gradually. Tell them more about what their father did and why it was wrong as they get older and are able to understand that stealing is wrong. They are too young right now to grasp it all. And I don't blame her for not taking them to prison unless it's in a setting that won't scare them.

It sounds like Apollo wants to have that conversation with Ayden.  I'm not sure how I feel about that especially since Ayden seems to have a better vocabulary and hold on the English language.  But then part of me thinks that he should explain to his son that he will be gone, and its not his fault, and that he loves him.  As smart as Ayden is, he has to wonder why he went from seeing daddy on a regular basis and he lived in the house to daddy just never being there.  And as much as we hate Apollo, thats his father and he loves him, because kids love their parents, whether they should or not.

I'm also of two minds in taking her sons to see their father in prison.  It's gotta be hard for a young black child to grow up without his father, many black women have committed to raising strong black men on their own, and sometimes it turns out well, as in the case of President Obama.  But so many times, it turns out poorly.  I think Apollo does love his children, in spite of being an asshole.  I'm not defending him, but if he never had a father, he doesn't know that a good father is someone who respects the mother of his children, comes home every night, and actively engages all the time.  He probably doesn't realize that by being a shitty husband, he is being a shitty father.  The weekly visits may allow a way to let Apollo engage with his children and give them some guidance (don't do what I did!) in a supervised setting.  But then, I think showing young black boys that prison is a normal and okay environment may do more harm than good.

• Love 7

She's going to have to skip the spelling things they don't want kids to understand phase and go straight to out of the room entirely, with an eye on the key hole! 

Girl she wouldve had to skip it anyway. How was Apollo ever going to understand the conversation?

• Love 19
I think we keep being told how gorgeous Cynthia was or is -- and she is -- because in fact, much as I loathe her, I think the best looking woman on the show is Kenya.

What is weird is that I thought Cynthia and Kenya both looked gorgeous on the show and terrible in their talking heads (with some exceptions, it is usually the other way around for Howives).   Cynthia looks healthy (and there is nothing wrong with her rear, so shut up Peter) and Kenya finally has gotten her makeup and hair color on point.  However, in her talking head Kenya is wearing a prom dress from the eighties with a ruffle that is threatening to eat her face and I do not know what look Cynthia is going for in her talking head.

I died every time one of these posers said "Fellatio". Who calls it that? BJ, Head or cocksucking would do just fine for these commons, but "Fellatio"...LMAO!

Considering Apollo's impressive command of the Queen's English...are we certain he knows what this word means?  Does he think he is talking about a foot rub or a back massage and that is the reason he was surprised at the anger about his lying?

• Love 4

I don't blame her either. It can be scary for a child to walk into a prison.

I had a cousin who's father was sent to prison when she was 9. My mother, told her sister, my aunt not to take her. He was only suppose to serve 2 years and my mom thought it would be better to not take her. My aunt did anyway, my cousin had nightmares about it. Her father was killed while in prison, and the nightmares where worse for a while. It's all so scary for a child.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

But why? Her strategy has paid off very well. RHOA is the highest rated show BRAVO has. And the ratings jumped from Season 4 to 5. Kenya is the perfect "character" for this kind of "reality tea" drama - and she knows it.

Of course her strategy has paid well, she is rubbing herself and flirting with a married man, of course people are going to tune in to see what happens, she has called her castmates all kind of names and of course there is going to be a reaction, in that sense of the word she is reality TV gold because she is a lighting rod. She knows it, she enjoys it, she has ut herself in that place with gusto

What is not okay is that she willingly has made herself a lightning rod and then she cries about it and demands apologies, she talks about her castmates but when they talk about her is because they hate her, she doesn't portray her real life on TV but then when someone wants to bring something real about her life (how she rented a BF) then she wants to shut it down.

I am all for Kenya dishing it, I love that part, what I don't like is that when it is her turn to take it, she kicks and screams and cries murder, she wants to portray the image of strong and intelligent woman who is obviously miles ahead of her castmates but then she uses the dumb and stupid antic of flirting shamessly with the husband of one of her castmates or waves objects in front of her castmates faces and when they react then Kenya's reaction is over the top. A trip aorund the world for three months to recover from a hair pulling? Please ....

If you can dish it like Kenya does (with a laddle), then you have to be ready to take it when it is your turn.

• Love 8

I don't blame her either. It can be scary for a child to walk into a prison.

I had a cousin who's father was sent to prison when she was 9. My mother, told her sister, my aunt not to take her. He was only suppose to serve 2 years and my mom thought it would be better to not take her. My aunt did anyway, my cousin had nightmares about it. Her father was killed while in prison, and the nightmares where worse for a while. It's all so scary for a child.

oh my goodness, thats just terrible.  My biggest worry is that they would somehow normalize prison, which, when I've seen the children on Prison Wives, they seem to do.  They just start to see prison as another place.  

• Love 1

I've been thinking about this. Kandi gave MJ her old house, but Kandi says MJ never moved in.

If Kandi bought her evil ass mother 3 houses, I will be so appalled. 

I remember MJ and Kandi having a convo in Kandi's old house, it was being renovated from stem to stern and that was not good enough for MJ???

• Love 1

oh my goodness, thats just terrible. My biggest worry is that they would somehow normalize prison, which, when I've seen the children on Prison Wives, they seem to do. They just start to see prison as another place.

I've never seen that show, and yeah, I guess that could happen. Seeing prison as just a place you go visit your family.

On topic:

How many houses does Kandy own? She must have more money than I thought. I hope Kandy doesn't have to buy her aunts houses too.

Edited by imjagain

The problem with the Peter is a bitch/Peter's acting like a bitch situation is that Peter was not addressing Nene in that situation.  Peter was expressing to CYNTHIA (his wife) his opinion of the situation when Nene CHARGED over to him and got in HIS face.  Then Peter (calmly) told Nene how he felt about the situation.

Nene got butthurt and claimed Peter shouldn't jump in "women bidness" but take his concerns to Cynthia and let Cynthia address it with the other girls...but Peter DID address his concerns with CYNTHIA when Nene charged over and got in his face.

Because Peter didn't kiss Nene's butt, she got mad and hyped Gregg up to go after Peter.  Well, that's what Nene should've done in the first place instead of charging up in Peter's face.  Or better yet, stay out of Peter's face since he was addressing his concerns with Cynthia and not with Nene in the first place.

• Love 13

Well, I'm finally glad to see Kenya vindicated from all the lies Apollo and Phaedra told on her. Phaedra won't apologize because she isn't woman enough to but at least the truth is now confirmed. He chased her, not him.

• Love 9

I can't imagine any situation where I would want my child to grow up thinking prison was "just a place to go see family."  

Maybe prisons should have a skype program where the inmates can visit with their kids on a regular basis to maintain the ties (read a bedtime story every week, etc) without having to drag impressionable kids into prisons.

Even if Phaedra is the most closed mouth, non-hating divorced mother when it comes to talking to those boys about their Dad, they're not going to know him when he comes out.  But though it's harsh, I think that's better than taking them to prison regularly so that he can establish a relationship with them, having him get out when they're 9 and 10, and then rotating right back in again a year later.   

• Love 3

It sounds like Apollo wants to have that conversation with Ayden.  I'm not sure how I feel about that especially since Ayden seems to have a better vocabulary and hold on the English language.  But then part of me thinks that he should explain to his son that he will be gone, and its not his fault, and that he loves him.  As smart as Ayden is, he has to wonder why he went from seeing daddy on a regular basis and he lived in the house to daddy just never being there.  And as much as we hate Apollo, thats his father and he loves him, because kids love their parents, whether they should or not.

I'm also of two minds in taking her sons to see their father in prison.  It's gotta be hard for a young black child to grow up without his father, many black women have committed to raising strong black men on their own, and sometimes it turns out well, as in the case of President Obama.  But so many times, it turns out poorly.  I think Apollo does love his children, in spite of being an asshole.  I'm not defending him, but if he never had a father, he doesn't know that a good father is someone who respects the mother of his children, comes home every night, and actively engages all the time.  He probably doesn't realize that by being a shitty husband, he is being a shitty father.  The weekly visits may allow a way to let Apollo engage with his children and give them some guidance (don't do what I did!) in a supervised setting.  But then, I think showing young black boys that prison is a normal and okay environment may do more harm than good.

I get the sentiment, but President Obama was not raised by a strong Black woman. He was raised by two white women and ,my impression is that it was his Grandmother that was the strong one. 

That said, I am  liking Phaedra better than any other time, largely because of the way she is raising those boys and because she is not defending Apollo. I had enough of everyone feeling sorry for the criminals on New Jersey. I have mixed feelings about Apollo in their life. I would hate for them to feel abandoned, yet obviously he is not an example of anything good. Hopefully, Phaedra can balance it well. Those children are adorable.

• Love 8

Why does Mama Joyce need a house when she spends all her time up Kand's ass and in Kandi and Todd's business!

Cynthia might be a shit stirrer, but she has been blessed genetically. What does she see in Papa Smurf?

When Apollo showed up at the dentist love how Phaedra said she would handle it gracefully in public. After that she had her nose so high in the air if it started raining she would drown!

• Love 1

This episode should hopefully start a better storyline for Kenya. I am sick of watching her be ostracized, regardless if she "deserves it", it isn't fun to watch. I have always thought that in Mexico she was talking to Apollo to get his dumb ass to confess then, but Phaedra put a stop to that conversation before she could get a full confession.

I also think she wants the apology from Phaedra because she halfway cares about her and they did have a friendship, as opposed to not giving a damn about Apollo.

The whole WWHL episode was annoying. Here comes kenya finally vindicated and thinking the viewers now know the truth and might be on her side, only to be criticized by Sherri and then insulted by a caller. Her reply might have been rude but honestly mine would have been too.

Kandi really is a rich bitch. Didn't she buy her first house (the one mama Joyce didn't want) at like 17-18?

Edited by luleetuni
  • Love 6

I could not get over Kenya's horrible song she was "composing" with that friend of hers.  Is she trying for a repeat of her number-one hit "Twirl"? 

Oh gawd, I hope not!

Kandi: Please stop trying to buy your mother's love. So sad. Notice she seemed so visibly relieved when MJ liked the house?

I thought MJ saw it, given her smug reaction.

Edited by Ubiquitous

If Kenya hadn't purposefully portrayed those texts as provocative to get under his wife's skin I'd be on her side. She could have flat out said "he's a dirty liar" but she didn't. I really don't understand how she gets excused for this. 

At the time Apollo initiated the texts with Kenya, there was bad blood between her and Phaedra.  The text messages had nothing to do with the DVD situation.  Kenya lived in L.A. and Apollo was visiting L.A. alone.  In the text messages, he stated he was in L.A.  There had been flirting between them and there have been several instances of Apollo's tongue wagging after Kenya.  What reason do you think Apollo was texting Kenya if his motive wasn't provocative?

• Love 1

Kandi really is a rich bitch. Didn't she by her first house (the one mama Joyce didn't want) at like 17-18?

She is smart with her money, I admire her for that.  That house that MJ "shunned", Kandi paid off a long time ago. She said in one episode (don't remember which season, it was before she met Todd) that she kept expanding and remodeling the house through the years. Not good enough for MJ, though. 

At the time Apollo initiated the texts with Kenya, there was bad blood between her and Phaedra.  The text messages had nothing to do with the DVD situation.  Kenya lived in L.A. and Apollo was visiting L.A. alone.  In the text messages, he stated he was in L.A.  There had been flirting between them and there have been several instances of Apollo's tongue wagging after Kenya.  What reason do you think Apollo was texting Kenya if his motive wasn't provocative?

I agree that Apollo started this whole cluster freak but Kenya knew she and Phaedra were not on good terms by that time as well. There was no  reason for Kenya to text him except to say "leave me alone" or "have your wife text me". Instead she kept up the texting back and forth because she knew it would piss Phaedra off and she wanted to humiliate her badly. Kenya used idiot Apollo to hurt and punish Phaedra all because Phaedra would not agree to Kenya's terms about the DVD and that IMHO speaks to her lack of character. I also believe that Phaedra told Apollo to leave Kenya alone multiple times, which he ignored because he is an ass of epic proportions and Kenya enjoyed his attention because she knew it hurt/humiliated Phaedra. Oh, Kenya was the one that said the texts were about the DVD disagreement several times.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6

Kenya, dragged this issue over the course of the intire second season persuing Apollo to get this "Apology" when all she had to do was just leave the Nidas alone and it would have just went away. But Kenya has to have attention dead center on her so any attention be it good or bad is OK with her.

Add to this the fact that Kenya just really wants to stick it to Phaedra any way she can.  She knows that any one on one she has with Apollo is going to send Phaedra seething so she just kept at it even when nobody else cared one bit about it.  Now she has the satisfaction of seeing Apollo publicly dogging Phaedra while at the same time publicly seeking Kenya out and  practically begging her to forgive him.  As far as I'm concerned, Apollo can go straight to hell!  He says he doesn't want to go to jail knowing that he hurt someone so that is why he's apologizing to Kenya.  Well dickhead!  The three people you should really care about not hurting before you go off to prison are your WIFE and your KIDS!  They should be your priority right now, not Kenya.  I only pray that they put him in a cell with sex deprived Bubba who has been in the hole for 10 years and just won his right to be among the rest of the prison population and has a thing for pretty yellow boys!!!

• Love 5

Have we discussed the irony of NeNe's "wig on top of a wig"(TM islandgal!) look in light her history with Kim Z? Bye, Wig, indeed!

I'm calling this now: Once Not-My-Mama Joyce gets nice and comfy in her 7-bedroom estate, she will suddenly discover that she needs a full-time maid or assistant to help her around the house.

• Love 3

Add to this the fact that Kenya just really wants to stick it to Phaedra any way she can.  She knows that any one on one she has with Apollo is going to send Phaedra seething so she just kept at it even when nobody else cared one bit about it.  Now she has the satisfaction of seeing Apollo publicly dogging Phaedra while at the same time publicly seeking Kenya out and  practically begging her to forgive him.  As far as I'm concerned, Apollo can go straight to hell!  He says he doesn't want to go to jail knowing that he hurt someone so that is why he's apologizing to Kenya.  Well dickhead!  The three people you should really care about not hurting before you go off to prison are your WIFE and your KIDS!  They should be your priority right now, not Kenya.  I only pray that they put him in a cell with sex deprived Bubba who has been in the hole for 10 years and just won his right to be among the rest of the prison population and has a thing for pretty yellow boys!!!

I wonder how anything Kenya is doing is showing her desire to stick it to Phaedra.  She left the party almost as soon as Apollo got there, he asked her if she could talk to him and she said no.  He came outside anyways to addressed her.  Went back inside and then came back outside to talk to her.  She never went back into the party to talk to him.  So, I'm confused, is she to be blamed that Phaedra is going to be mad for Apollo apologizing to her?  

• Love 3

Apollo: Someone more attention starved than Peter. He can't keep his stories straight. He not only committed a crime, he humiliated the one person who loved him. Now he continues to embarrass her & put her down. Does he really wonder why she's not supporting him?!?! Pure dummy!

Kenya: Phaedra does not owe her an apology but she could say "sorry for believing in my husband". I mean does Kenya really expect a wife to go against her husband over someone she barely knows? Then Kenya saying that Phaedra said she would stand by Apollo for better or for worse was stupid. Yes, you stand by your man & believe in him. But once he's betrayed you, especially criminally, all bets are off. Kenya's never been married, she shouldn't comment about marriage. It's like people who don't have kids telling parents how to raise theirs. BTW, the whole Apollo lying on her was started because she implied his text were more than they were. He was stupid to respond but if she never made the implication, this would not have happened.

Kandi: Why in the hell would her mama need a 7 bedroom house with a basketball court? I don't care if my kids were worth 50 million, I would not ask that of them. She then said she must be kept they way she's accustomed to. I'm sure she lived more poorly longer than she's lived large. She should have no problem living in a nice 3 bedroom home or condo. She's a self entitled mooch, plain & simple. I don't care what she gave up to raise Kandi, that's a mother's job.

Cynthia: the new Cynthia has put NeNe behind her but can't stop talking about her, blaming her marriage issues on her etc. If she's over NeNe, than stop talking about her. I'm not buying her act or her phony talking head interviews at all.

Have we discussed the irony of NeNe's "wig on top of a wig"(TM islandgal!) look in light her history with Kim Z? Bye, Wig, indeed!

I'm calling this now: Once Not-My-Mama Joyce gets nice and comfy in her 7-bedroom estate, she will suddenly discover that she needs a full-time maid or assistant to help her around the house.

Kandi will jump to please her. It's insane how she lets her mother treat her & Todd. I'm all for respecting your mother, but you don't have to keep giving when she's rude. People keep saying that Mama provided for her growing up...that's a mother's job. 

Kenya should have told him to stop texting her & stop replying to him. I would not continue a text or friendship with a married man if his wife wasn't my friend & know about it. Remember when Kandi read the texts, she even said something to Kenya about her talking to him not being cool. Yes, it's up to the married man to stay in his lane but as a woman she should not have continued it.

• Love 4

It kind of remind me of my baby brother who will drive anyone crazy, mess with our stuff, hide it, came and wave his hand in our faces and the moment we grabbed his hand he cried murder and got us in trouble. He outgrew that stage (luckily for us girls) but it seams like Kenya hasn't.

It's called "poking the bear".  You keep doing it and eventually the bear will bite your ass.  Sad that grown assed Kenya has the same mindset that your little brother had as a little kid.  She even laughs a nonsensical laugh a little child would do as she's doing her childish antics.  She didn't bargain on Apollo being just as thirsty for camera time as she is.  She poked that bear...and got bit!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6

I've been thinking about this. Kandi gave MJ her old house, but Kandi says MJ never moved in.

If Kandi bought her evil ass mother 3 houses, I will be so appalled.

I don't think Momma Joyce will truly be satisfied until she takes an "accidental" slip and fall down the stairs of her 7 bedroom home and then need to move in with Kandi and Todd. She's not going to stop until she's fully run him off and she can berate Kandi with "I told you so's" and "you don't need a man, you only need your momma".

• Love 5

I think she will expect "help" before she even moves in!

I wonder how anything Kenya is doing is showing her desire to stick it to Phaedra.  She left the party almost as soon as Apollo got there, he asked her if she could talk to him and she said no.  He came outside anyways to addressed her.  Went back inside and then came back outside to talk to her.  She never went back into the party to talk to him.  So, I'm confused, is she to be blamed that Phaedra is going to be mad for Apollo apologizing to her?  

Kenya has done nothing to Phaedra so far except judging/condemning/mocking her for not going to court with Apollo. Once again she speaking of someone else's marriage, a subject, marriage, she knows nothing about. How she addresses Phaedra from here on out will speak volumes IMO and remains to be seen and that applies to Phaedra as well but I will cut her a little more slack because of her world exploding around her. It is one thing to find out your ex-felon husband returned to his felonious ways but then add on their 2 sons, the public humiliation, the public side eye that you may also be involved with his illegal scams and that he lied about a co-worker, Kenya, most likely to cover up his real mistress(s). That is a lot for 1 person to absorb at 1 time!

If the texts were about a potential DVD deal then they fall under the category of work.  I don't see any reason to not text a married man you want to have a business deal with.  It sounds like something out of the early 20th century to imply that a woman can not even talk to a man she is not married to. even for business.  

The business deal had already fallen apart and there was no reason for Kenya to text about to/with Apollo especially since she and Phaedra were no longer on speaking terms. She did it to humiliate Phaedra, plain and simple, it was revenge on someone that she now considered an opponent.

• Love 3

I feel for Kandi. She desperately wants to make her Mother happy and thinks when that happens there will be peace. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking care of your family if you're of financial means. Goodbye Todd with your concern over how Kandi is spending the money she's earned the past 20 years. You certainly don't mind it when she buys you expense gifts for your birthday.

The difference is, Todd doesn't act as if he's entitled to Kandi's money. It's one thing to buy your spouse an expensive gift, it's quite another to refuse a paid off  and remolded house because it isn't up to what you're so called accustomed to. If Kandi bought Todd a Rolex and he said "bump this. I want a vintage Patek Phillipe," then he would be a hypocrite.

Kandi will never set boundaries with her mother. She's almost 40 and it's been going on way too long. She's an enabler who rewards bad behavior.

• Love 7

I actually thought Todd and Kandi had a decent shot at a happy long marriage. Now with that gargoyle moving a few doors down, that marriage is on a countdown to destruction. T-minus 10, 9, 8 ..... Kandi is going to be left with nothing but her mother and child. AGAIN. if she doesn't take a stand with her mom.

I have my suspicions the only reason MJ liked that place was because of its proximity to Kandi and Todd, for easier marriage-wrecking.

Hope it's okay to mention since it happened on Watch What Happens, but I LOVED how Sherri Shepard took Kenya to task on air and I loved even more how a viewer-caller was able to get Kenya to show just how nasty and arrogant she really is.  Some great real tension right there. 

Can you elaborate or point me to a clip?

It would be kind of genius if Kandi were buying such a large house for Mama Joyce and her various sisters -- as in Kandi's aunts. It could be the Mama Joyce compound, just down the road, and action-packed enough to keep Joyce distracted and busy. Kandi could have her nearby without having the shrew constantly in her grill. I think a lot of what's going on between the two of them now is for the cameras. Last night's segment felt pretty phony. That said, I'm totally team Todd's Mama.

WireWrap--Amen! Preach! [snip] Phaedra will give it sooner or later, I don't doubt it, whether she means it or not. But given the nastiness of all that has occurred with Apollo, whether scripted or not, why even bother with the I'm sorries? There are some things that can't be made better with apologies and this would appear to be one of them. The guy's criminality appears to be pretty deep-seated. Be glad he fessed up and keep it moving. And do what you should have done the first time, Kenya -- Keep his wife out of it.

Nene is now so totally ridiculous in her pretensions and self-love that she's gone back to being entertaining.

Edited by cooksdelight
Andy Interview talk in wrong thread
  • Love 3

Claudia Jordan slayed me with her line about how wonderful Apollo's abs will be after he does his 8 year bid.

I still can't stand Kendra/Kenya. Her, Brandon, the piano, and their sucky songs can go. 

Ayden is simply adorable, and very smart. 

No words for Joyce, I refuse to call that witch Mama. She ain't my Mama, and if she was.... I can't believe Kandi brought her a new house. Why does she need 7 bedrooms? Is she running a daycare? 

I can't stand Cynthia. I can't stand Peter, and I wonder each week why they're still on this show. 

• Love 3

Ayden is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen with the most adorable personality.

When he said, "Teamwork brushing. Working together," I almost cried. He is SO cute. I love his interactions with Phaedra and her mom. You can tell they have conversations with him; he's precocious without being too grown, and he seems very respectful of his elders.

I'm going to need Peter to shut the fuck up talking about how Cynthia doesn't need to eat, and I'm going to need Cynthia to swap out the blonde weave, because it looks bad.

I couldn't even watch the scenes with Joyce, they got my pressure up too much. Kandi and Joyce's marriage is doomed with the way she lets Joyce run their lives.

• Love 8

I actually like Todd. He always makes me laugh. He makes very good points in a joking manner (lol when he called Kandi Oprah Winfrey) and he's been more than tolerant of crazy Mama Joyce.

Good luck Todd. Sigh. Apparently he has the patience of Job.

• Love 5

I'm a little surprised Bad Mama Joyce doesn't have 20 bedrooms and a bowling alley and an airport for a private jet to her own island. I feel like Kandi is subconsciously apologizing for stressing her mother out by marrying down, even though Kandi herself doesn't see Todd or the situation that way. And how better to do that than by assuring Joyce that she will have more and bigger toys. :/

• Love 2