Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

"I wish I could take my daughters with me"

Oh Teresa, you are such a delusional dumb F&^%, you want to take your daughters with you to prison?

What kind of mother says that?

A little to close to a self-fulfilling prophecy as far as Milania's concerned I think...........

• Love 10
Jim appears to be mentally ill.  What on earth did he say that caused Andy to tell him that he was "freaking (him) out?"  I missed that part.

Yes, that was the biggest question I left the hour with -- the editing was jacked up.  Joe Gorga deflects a frantic Jim's "I really love these guys, I'd love to hang out with them" with a weary "You gotta pull a number to hang out with me," Jim lamely responds "I know!" then they cut to several people's disgusted reactions and Andy tells Jim that he's freaking him out.  

I don't know what was said and cut out, but it was bad/lazy editing.

Rino definitely made some dumb joke about it to Gotti (or somebody who knows Gotti) and he's like a cartoon character trying to make it better.  His initial reaction was not consistent with hearing a disgusting rumor about fucking his mother in law (telling everybody not to take it seriously, because it's ridiculous).  I mean, yes, you'd tell everybody not to take it seriously, because it's ridiculous, but in the context of "WTF did that come from?  Who SAYS that?  Why would you say that about somebody's MOM?"  He just kept going on and on about how preposterous it was, instead of how awful it was to make something up like that.

And then last night, his body language didn't match his speech.  It was consistent when he was explaining why he wasn't at the party, because he didn't want to be in a situation that would cause him to do things he shouldn't do, but serving Jim notice that had he been there, he would have dealt with it then and there.  That was open body stance, a man relaxed and completely in synch with what he was saying.  

I wouldn't fuck with Rino.  (In any context)

But when he was talking about the rumor being made up, he crossed his arms and pulled his body away and chugged his water... telling.

Not a Dina fan, but I don't think saying "I won't be on if family is on" is necessarily a powerplay.  If she were already in the cast like Theresa was, and they wanted to bring people on, and she said "it's them or me!" then that would be a demand.  Being courted and saying "No, I just don't want any part of it when family's involved" isn't the same thing, so long as she was willing to not be on the show.  And for years she was willing to not be on the show.

It's not an ultimatum if you're not the person in the power position.  

• Love 3

I'm no Teresa fan but I think that her saying that she wanted to take her daughters with her just meant that she can't imagine life without them and wants to be near them always.  She has trouble expressing herself, as usual, but she also made a brief aside about how obviously she didn't want her children in jail with her.  

That was my take in it too.  She repeated what Andy asked about whether she wished she could take her daughters with her.  Then it occurred to her she was saying she would take her daughters to jail.  With both Tre and Joe Go, you have to leave a long period of time for the thought to bounce around in their empty skulls before they can form a  thought.  

Jim may be the tallest of the three men.  However, each of the Joes has so much size on him; a centimeter in height is irrelevant.  We all saw in the epic Joe vs. Joe shoe polish battle that Joe Gi is hard to take down.  I imagine a fight between either of the Joes and Tiny Jim would go down like a grade school fight, with Joe on top of Jim, pushing his face into the dirt and making him say “uncle”.  I don’t support bullying.  I do support anyone who wants to humiliate Tiny Jim.  Although the best way to hurt him seems to be to ignore him since he is so desperate for attention.  He’s like a gnat.

• Love 11

Lie detectors mean little and less to me. People who are telling the truth can fail them because they're so nervous, and people who are lying can pass if they're cool and confident enough. I'm not saying 100% Gotti is lying, but she could be and her passing a lie detector doesn't give her any credibility in my book.

Plus, we have no way of knowing how many she took, what company it/they were with, or how much she could have learned about tricking the system/ her preparation. As far as I know, we don't know exactly what questions were asked either. Too vague and too many factors for me to think for a fact she is telling the truth. And, she could just be out of it and truly believe her spin.

• Love 5

If anyone caught Andy Cohen on WWHL last night with Dick Cavett on board I think the embarrassment factor for Andy was even more evident.  Dick -- "is Dick a name or a noun?" -- was totally bagging Andy, and Andy just kept on blinking and sucking up.  Hard to watch and made even better because Cavett, who was totally slumming or ever more full of himself, either didn't really know what kind of a crap fest he was on or did know and just wanted to make Cohen super uncomfortable. Either way, Cavett achieved, because I think he was aware on about five different levels of entertainment whoredom that Cohen doesn't really know what to do when confronted with an intellectual, even a middling one. Andy's all about both poking and herding the cats, making his cash, and peddling his brand. 

I know we've been reasonably admonished not to go on about so-called personal issues but these shows can make it hard to comment on what takes place without injecting some measure of the real and personal in offering comments because otherwise why bother and why watch? And the boards, wherever they are, have always been the very best part of these shows because, for whatever reason, those of us who watch this stuff and bother to write about it are intelligent, insightful, and devoted.  It's the strangest of paradoxes. 

Teresa's story is definitely a cautionary tale and Andy's getting emotional about it was for me the best part of the debacle.  He's been instrumental in creating this universe and several years in, the franchises are both highlighting and instigating a fair amount of ruination, like a fine, aged pickle.  It was fascinating to see the veterans kind of sidestepping the obvious pitfalls and the crazy newbies just going for it in their desperate desire to become sustaining members of the cast.  Is there any other excuse for Jim Marchese's vile talk and behavior beyond either tv hunger or mental instability?

It's an odd feeling too to realize that some of those on stage who may be telling the truth about what takes or took place are in fact the least compelling and likable.  In the end, it's about TV entertainment for the masses.  Part of me can fully comprehend why the Giudices, dumb and obnoxious as they are, can feel so confused and seemingly betrayed by all this.  They were brought on to bring entertainment and shows of wealth.  And they most certainly did that.  Now the party's over and they feel used.  

I think Teresa is a fool and pretty unlikable but I would totally watch, if I am honest, her return to TV at the end of her sentence.  So I guess I'm part and parcel of the dysfunction which is why, I suppose, I feel confused, annoyed and conflicted when I'd admonished to keep it just about the show.  The show has never just been about the show, ever.   That being said, no more personal anything beyond the limits of the show ever.

The Gotti chick is a total user of anyone within her sphere.  Even if any of that were true, who on earth goes there?  Therehsa is super inarticulate and annoying and her inability to keep it in her pants because it was the ONLY thing she had going on was annoying and uncomfortable to watch but, really, if it were my mother, I'd have been freaking livid also.  That's just way beyond and Andy Cohen should have acknowledged that too. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 9

Jim said on the reunion  that he didn't forsee a problem getting his license because of character issues because "they only look at legal problems". Does any one know if that is really true? 

Not really.  They actually care less about "legal issues" generally - they care about things that indicate you're a fraud or a liar.  So if you cheated in college and that's on your record, even if it wasn't a "crime," legally speaking, that will get you in more trouble than if you were arrested for a fight in college.  Also, they look into your psychological stability and substance abuse.  So MAYBE his twitter will become relevant, but it's really unlikely.  You don't get denied to the bar for being a pathetic loser asshole, unfortunately.

The fact, though, that he tried to claim that the character and fitness process will take a year and that's "totally normal because it has been so long since law school" is totally a lie - and sounds to me like he knows he's going to get flagged for some shady stuff (most likely all the allegations w/r/t Cell Therapeutics, etc.).  But the time since law school is irrelevant (it's not like all the frauds you commit pre-law school are ignored) and he's lying about that.  

I've never experienced someone who makes me want, so bad, to HURT HIS FEELINGS and just be mean to.  He's such a gross twerp.

• Love 7

Yes, that was the biggest question I left the hour with -- the editing was jacked up.  Joe Gorga deflects a frantic Jim's "I really love these guys, I'd love to hang out with them" with a weary "You gotta pull a number to hang out with me," Jim lamely responds "I know!" then they cut to several people's disgusted reactions and Andy tells Jim that he's freaking him out. 

I don't know what was said and cut out, but it was bad/lazy editing.

What the hell was that?  The reunion was so boring and then they give us cryptic editing.  What Jim said must have been a doozy, because everyone looked totally disgusted (not easy to do with this crew).

I like Rino and think he might actually be too classy for this show (I have brain bleached the bird thong out of my mind).  I realized he looks a combination of Robert Dinero (sp?) and Lex Luthor.  I wish him the best with the restaurants and appreciate he has a honest way of making a nice living.

From what I understand, Teresa monstrosity was being built way before she was cast on the show.   It was very stupid for the Gui's to move into the house on reality television, but that was on them, not Bravo.  I think if it was not for the Bravo paycheck and the opportunities that come with it, the Gui's would have been foreclosed upon years ago.

This does not negate that Andy is Satan, but still has enough good sense to dislike wee Jim.  That was the most hostility I think I have ever seen Andy openly show toward someone associated with the Howives, even including Jill Z from NY.

• Love 5

(NOTE:  Mr. NJ works for a financial institution, and waaay back when Celebrity Apprentice first started, there was a guy who worked for Goldman Sachs on the show.  He had to quit his job before filming, because GS would not allow him to appear on the show while still being employed.  Mr. NJ said that is standard procedure in the financial world).

Wasn't this also the case with Bethenny's BF (think his name was also Jason) in the first season of NY?  IIRC, he worked for some sort of financial institution and was fired for being on the show.

Ah..found a link

http://pagesix.com/2008/04/05/housewives-costs-exec-his-job/

• Love 2

I want to know what the hell Mar-crazy was on! He was fidgeting like a 5 with old with ants in his pants. His eyes were droopy and he was making no sense. (Not that he ever makes sense anyway but you know..) I would PAY to see the entire 5 hours(or however many) and what they edited out. As we saw with "Utopia" the live feeds and what happened on screen were 2 totally different things. IMO Tre and Juicy both had a few hits of Xanax before that shit fest. They both looked stoned to the gills. I know I would be if I was facing prison! I'm not sure Tre had back to Mel to be mean or just to try and stay upright....she was like the doormouse at the tea party. Rino continues to win with his cool guy demeanor and calm 'tude. Twins? Useless Boring twats. You don't want people talking about your Mother? Then STFU about it...Geesh 

• Love 5

It's an odd feeling too to realize that some of those on stage who may be telling the truth about what takes or took place are in fact the least compelling and likable.  In the end, it's about TV entertainment for the masses.  Part of me can fully comprehend why the Giudices, dumb and obnoxious as they are, can feel so confused and seemingly betrayed by all this.  They were brought on to bring entertainment and shows of wealth.  And they most certainly did that.  Now the party's over and they feel used.

I would agree with you except that the Guidices commited their crimes way before there was ever a show called Real Housewives of Anything, their criminal activities had already happened when Bravo got to them, so whether there was a show or not the crimes have already been commited.

Of course Teresa would try to blame anybody but her but she knows and Andy got her to reaffirm in their WWHL interview that the crimes that they were being convicted of happened before she joined the show.  

I agree with you about Teresa being dumb though, you have to be either very dumb , completely dellusional, in absolute denial or all of the above to join a show that will showcase the wealth that you have obtained illegally, what did Teresa and Joe thought was going to happen when the poor c onstructor workers, the carpenters, the guys who installed their huge banister , the tenants of their falling apartment buildings, etc were going to say when they saw them spending so lavishly? did they thought that they would not watch the show?

What has always bothered me is that by the time the Guidices declared bankrupcy, Teresa was already on the show, she had an income, she was working on her cookbook, they had money coming in like they haven't had in years, yet these swindlers dared to try to claim bankrupcy so they wouldn't have to pay any of their extravagant purchases. Talk about having your cake and eat it too. I am glad the law put a stop to that.

• Love 4
Does Teressssssssssssssa pick at her boobs some more?

Yes.  In fact, across all three installments, I was distracted by all the women adjusting their clothes.  One person on RHoBH (or was it OC?) said her dress was assigned to her, and maybe everybody's are.  But if I were going to sit for a multi-hour grilling, what these gals wear is the last thing I'd choose.  Which, come to think of it, is probably exactly why production does choose them. 

• Love 2

You have to give the side eye to anyone who says that they were given or passed a lie detector test unless they provide a transcript.  They could have been given one  and then asked "what is your name", "what is your date of birth" and passed.  Unless specifics are displayed, it's just a magician's trick.

If NJ comes back next year, I can't imagine how'd they hoist up anything interesting to watch.  I know I won't watch the twins. 3000 decibels of annoying.  

• Love 3

Lie detectors mean little and less to me. People who are telling the truth can fail them because they're so nervous, and people who are lying can pass if they're cool and confident enough. I'm not saying 100% Gotti is lying, but she could be and her passing a lie detector doesn't give her any credibility in my book. 

I agree...I'd be curious to know how many (or if any) Victoria's "illustrious" father took?  He evaded convictions so often, he was known as the "Teflon Don"...I'm sure there were many occasions that he lied to many, many people.  Maybe Victoria learned the art of lying from a Master?  She sure didn't learn his sense of style!!  

• Love 5
Jim said on the reunion  that he didn't forsee a problem getting his license because of character issues because "they only look at legal problems". Does any one know if that is really true?

Didn't the justice department go out of its way to issue statements against him receiving the whistleblower money?  My recollection is that it was an action that virtually never happened, but they found him so reprehensible they made sure they got it on the record.  

Somehow I think that will come up.  But he will say that being on the show dashed his hopes of being an atty and it goes to show he was right all along about laying down with dogs, etc.

• Love 2

Jim said on the reunion  that he didn't forsee a problem getting his license because of character issues because "they only look at legal problems". Does any one know if that is really true? 

I thought that was interesting, too...considering that some universities and colleges look into prospective students' social media accounts.  If colleges are doing it to make sure that their students are not batshit crazy or out of control, wouldn't the NJ bar character committe?? 

No matter - regardless of all his crazy twitter shit, just his past mortgage company issues/investigations, etc. would probably be enough to not pass.

What the hell was that?  The reunion was so boring and then they give us cryptic editing.  What Jim said must have been a doozy, because everyone looked totally disgusted (not easy to do with this crew).

I like Rino and think he might actually be too classy for this show (I have brain bleached the bird thong out of my mind).  I realized he looks a combination of Robert Dinero (sp?) and Lex Luthor.  I wish him the best with the restaurants and appreciate he has a honest way of making a nice living.

From what I understand, Teresa monstrosity was being built way before she was cast on the show.   It was very stupid for the Gui's to move into the house on reality television, but that was on them, not Bravo.  I think if it was not for the Bravo paycheck and the opportunities that come with it, the Gui's would have been foreclosed upon years ago.

This does not negate that Andy is Satan, but still has enough good sense to dislike wee Jim.  That was the most hostility I think I have ever seen Andy openly show toward someone associated with the Howives, even including Jill Z from NY.

I'm thinking that may have been the part they edited out, when Jim made the comment about Dina's ass - it must have gone downhill very quickly from there.  I mean, the comment from Jim was on the previews and the commercials for the Reunion - and then, we don't get to see it on the actual show??  Come on, Bravo - inquiring minds want to know!!    :-)

If anyone caught Andy Cohen on WWHL last night with Dick Cavett on board I think the embarrassment factor for Andy was even more evident.  Dick -- "is Dick a name or a noun?" -- was totally bagging Andy, and Andy just kept on blinking and sucking up.  Hard to watch and made even better because Cavett, who was totally slumming or ever more full of himself, either didn't really know what kind of a crap fest he was on or did know and just wanted to make Cohen super uncomfortable. Either way, Cavett achieved, because I think he was aware on about five different levels of entertainment whoredom that Cohen doesn't really know what to do when confronted with an intellectual, even a middling one. Andy's all about both poking and herding the cats, making his cash, and peddling his brand. 

I know we've been reasonably admonished not to go on about so-called personal issues but these shows can make it hard to comment on what takes place without injecting some measure of the real and personal in offering comments because otherwise why bother and why watch? And the boards, wherever they are, have always been the very best part of these shows because, for whatever reason, those of us who watch this stuff and bother to write about it are intelligent, insightful, and devoted.  It's the strangest of paradoxes. 

Teresa's story is definitely a cautionary tale and Andy's getting emotional about it was for me the best part of the debacle.  He's been instrumental in creating this universe and several years in, the franchises are both highlighting and instigating a fair amount of ruination, like a fine, aged pickle.  It was fascinating to see the veterans kind of sidestepping the obvious pitfalls and the crazy newbies just going for it in their desperate desire to become sustaining members of the cast.  Is there any other excuse for Jim Marchese's vile talk and behavior beyond either tv hunger or mental instability?

I think Teresa is a fool and pretty unlikable but I would totally watch, if I am honest, her return to TV at the end of her sentence.  So I guess I'm part and parcel of the dysfunction which is why, I suppose, I feel confused, annoyed and conflicted when I'd admonished to keep it just about the show.  The show has never just been about the show, ever.   That being said, no more personal anything beyond the limits of the show ever.

The Gotti chick is a total user of anyone within her sphere.  Even if any of that were true, who on earth goes there?  Therehsa is super inarticulate and annoying and her inability to keep it in her pants because it was the ONLY thing she had going on was annoying and uncomfortable to watch but, really, if it were my mother, I'd have been freaking livid also.  That's just way beyond and Andy Cohen should have acknowledged that too. 

Great post....you are 100% correct in everything, in my opinion!!   Thank you!!

• Love 1

They will hire her in a heartbeat if they think she will be good for ratings (if there is interest from the public).  She filmed this last season as a convicted felon.  RHONJ is still BRAVO's 2nd biggest show - and Teresa was the 2nd highest paying "housewive".

It's all about the money for Andy, Teresa and Bravo.

She'll be back.

• Love 4

It's all about the money for Andy, Teresa and Bravo.

She'll be back.

I'm curious how people equate Teresa with money. She's the star of the show, and this whole season revolved around her, and the ratings were down considerably. Less ratings equals less dollars. All of her sponsors and business relationships dropped her after the sentencing. Her last cookbook sold considerably less than the others. While it's possible Bravo would gamble with the thought of an uptick of interest towards a post-prison Teresa, they would have to weigh that against viewer backlash. Just look at the backlash they received for paying the convicts for that single one-on-one interview with Andy.

• Love 5

I'm no Teresa fan but I think that her saying that she wanted to take her daughters with her just meant that she can't imagine life without them and wants to be near them always.

Haven't yet seen part 3, but when I heard T had said this, and as much as I think she is an absolutely, vulgar, crass, skanky, felonious, stupid, self-serving, egotistical, narcissistic POS, I do agree that not being able to imagine life without having her kids around is what she must have meant. After all, who else is there who will always make her look good, and who gives her that ever-so tenuous grasp on the title of 'amazing mom' (which makes me want to puke every time I hear it)?

• Love 3

Teresa Giudice coming out of jail in late spring of 2016 is going to TV gold.  I have NO doubt in my mind that Bravo is going to offer her something -- If not a full time slot somewhere, then a special.  She knows this, they know this.  Extended shot of Tre holding Andy's hand as they both weep off camera?  Pa - leeeze, as Danielle would say.  And would not be surprised to see Danielle come back either.  

I would love to see Danielle come back and, hey, just because, I can admit that I'd rather see Caroline and Jacqueline back than Dina.  And Kathy and Rosie for sure.  You don't know what you've got til it's gone.  Amber and the twins brought nothing beyond cray cray what's his name and Rino,  who should be incorporated into some other Bravo gig. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 5

Extended shot of Tre holding Andy's hand as they both weep off camera?  Pa - leeeze, as Danielle would say.

I saw this as a sort of "buh-bye, bon voyage." (TM Paedra Parks). Everyone has their time in the sun, and Teresa's 15 minutes are up. (Metaphor alert).

• Love 1

Teresa Giudice coming out of jail in late spring of 2016 is going to TV gold. I have NO doubt in my mind that Bravo is going to offer her something -- If not a full time slot somewhere, then a special. She knows this, they know this. Extended shot of Tre holding Andy's hand as they both weep off camera? Pa - leeeze, as Danielle would say. And would not be surprised to see Danielle come back either.

I would love to see Danielle come back and, hey, just because, I can admit that I'd rather see Caroline and Jacqueline back than Dina. And Kathy and Rosie for sure. You don't know what you've got til it's gone. Amber and the twins brought nothing beyond cray cray what's his name and Rino, who should be incorporated into some other Bravo gig.

I think they should get Rino into Top Chef some how. I'd love to see more of him on tv without his screechy wife.

• Love 5

Didn't the justice department go out of its way to issue statements against him receiving the whistleblower money? My recollection is that it was an action that virtually never happened, but they found him so reprehensible they made sure they got it on the record.

Somehow I think that will come up. But he will say that being on the show dashed his hopes of being an atty and it goes to show he was right all along about laying down with dogs, etc.

My own experience, in states other than Jersey, is that they require names and addresses of every landlord and every employer and they write to them all. And they ask again and again for the names of "five people, not relatives, who can attest to your "character and fitness to practice law."

Jim is blowing smoke; I doubt he's even applied to be licensed.

• Love 2

So glad you posted this, because I sensed the hostility too, but thought I might be projecting my feelings onto Andy.

Even (and this was part 2) when Dina made the comment about "props" and Andy said "it's evidence" - the way he said it and the look on his face - I have a feeling there were many, many discussions between Bravo and Jim.  This is the guy that said in an interview that he called the producers up and "yelled" at them because of the way he and/or Amber were being portrayed. 

• Love 1

My own experience, in states other than Jersey, is that they require names and addresses of every landlord and every employer and they write to them all. And they ask again and again for the names of "five people, not relatives, who can attest to your "character and fitness to practice law."

Jim is blowing smoke; I doubt he's even applied to be licensed.

This was my experience in New York, though they didn't contact the majority of my references. I did have to list every job I had, even internships, and every single landlord. Jim has such a shady history that obviously something is holding this up. I don't know anyone who took over a year to get sworn in. It's ludicrous that he's acting like this is normal ans everyone goes through this process. He's so annoying.

• Love 5

I'm going to do this as a single post since multiple quotations are too much for me...

Re: njbchlover - Yes, there are certainly enough "Mercedes and McMansion" folks in Colts' Neck, Marlboro, Manalapan, etc. to keep Real Housewives of New Jersey in business. As in the North Jersey "Mercedes and McMansion" (your word for what I called new money/new construction in an earlier post) belt of Franklin Lakes/Kinnelon/Montville/northern Wayne/North Caldwell, most of these people are successful self-employed entrepreneurs, who don't need permission from a corporation to be on the show or worry about their professional reputations. The "real money" in Rumson or Navesink would not sign on, in the way the "real" North Jersey money in places like Bernardsville, Summit, Mendham, Short Hills, Harding, etc. did not sign on, but I don't think that's to the show's detriment. Red Bank, Asbury Park, etc. also have lots of restaurants and such who would be happy to have the opportunity to be promoted on the show. The only danger in re-casting the show completely around Monmouth County is that a complete re-casting could erode the audience even further...and that it begs the question of Amber and Jim's return. I think Andy's absolute disdain for Jim is a sign Bravo hates him, even if he did increase viewership somewhat. He's tried to push production around (and probably threatened legal action against them), skirted around the edges of his confidentiality contract (or broken it outright), and been abusive on Twitter. The first of these was enough to get Adrienne fired, even though she had a lot more money where her mouth was than Jim. I doubt they'll be back - Jim has done several of the few things that really raises Bravo's ire - but nothing is beneath Bravo.

Re: jinjer and others: I loved your characterization of Dina's kitchen as "Franklin Lakes French country chateau ca. 1995". And, I believe Dina will be staying there indefinitely in some capacity, even though she's tweeted pictures of herself at a New York apartment. I don't think Tommy and Dina will get divorced, or even separated, perhaps; it was a storyline for the show with some basis in reality. I think Danielle's explanation of the Tommy/Dina situation is quite plausible. Dina and Tommy had an "open" (but discreetly open) marriage; Dina got a bit more serious than she had previously with one of the brothers who owns the Corrado's chain of supermarkets. Dina fully intended to divorce Tommy, with his several boyfriends, and marry this Corrado brother...and then realized he had no intentions of settling down with any one woman (he was a "confirmed bachelor" in the skewed usage of Santa Aprea.) So, Dina returned to her own former "confirmed bachelor", and is still living and having sex with him, to their mutual benefit. I'm in agreement with Jim on this one issue; who calls living with and having sex with someone separation? Maybe they sleep in separate beds when they're not having sex now. I was also left unsure about the status of Nicole's alleged home-wrecking by the analogy she made between her ex and his wife's situation and Dina and Tommy's situation. If they were "separated" like Dina and Tommy were "separated" for "five years" (which she said emphatically), her ex and his wife were still living together when she was dating him (and maybe even sleeping together!). If they really were "separated" (living separate lives in separate residences but legally married), the home-wrecker allegations are totally groundless. The women in all this franchise's installments find it unusually problematic to date someone while they're separated, pending divorce (I remember Brandi bringing this up on RHOBH as a point against someone.)

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 5
I think Tiny Jim has completely lost his tiny mind. Hopefully, the State of New Jersey will understand this and not give the little one a license to practice law. He needs to see someone with a MEDICAL license. Someone who practices psychiatry. TIny thing is a complete idiot.

I work in psych medicine for a doctor in private practice not too far from these nitwits. What I wouldn't give to have Tiny Jim as a patient. He could have had an entire section written about him in the DSM V.

He's such a gross twerp.

Total flashback to 4th grade. And yet so very appropriate. Edited by Lisin
  • Love 1

Teresa G has yet to get it. The lesson she should take away from this whole experience is that materialism is not the be all end all. And the never ending quest for things and fame can lead one down a very wrong path. Her saying that she wants to be back on TV and in the spotlight just shows me that she doesn't get it.

Her post prison plan should be to find a reasonable apartment for she and the girls, get a normal wage earning job, volunteer in the kids schools and around her community and try to have an average every day life.

She still believes that this was done TO her and not BY her.

Jim Marchese brings not one thing to the show. He is not enjoyable, funny, amusing or in any way entertaining. I don't love to hate him, I just hate him.

• Love 6

What is with that with Ter-essssssaaaaa and her eternal clink-clink. Does she think that's cute? It's annoying and childish and for a grown ass woman who's OWN FATHER was in prison seems pretty vile. I hate her almost as much as I hate Jim....No wait....I don't hate anyone more then Jim. 

• Love 5

I agree with you about Teresa being dumb though, you have to be either very dumb , completely dellusional, in absolute denial or all of the above to join a show that will showcase the wealth that you have obtained illegally, what did Teresa and Joe thought was going to happen when the poor c onstructor workers, the carpenters, the guys who installed their huge banister , the tenants of their falling apartment buildings, etc were going to say when they saw them spending so lavishly? did they thought that they would not watch the show?

What has always bothered me is that by the time the Guidices declared bankrupcy, Teresa was already on the show, she had an income, she was working on her cookbook, they had money coming in like they haven't had in years, yet these swindlers dared to try to claim bankrupcy so they wouldn't have to pay any of their extravagant purchases. Talk about having your cake and eat it too. I am glad the law put a stop to that.

So much this. 

It's mind boggling how delusional/stupid/in denial the Guidices are.  I'm quite in awe of it. 

Buh bye felons.

• Love 2

She still believes that this was done TO her and not BY her.

This statement explains both of the Guidice's perfectly. I'm sure that is what they are going to have their daughters believing. Poor mom and dad, it's not fair, this wasn't their fault!! 

• Love 3

Idk...Teresa did apologize for letting down her fans (I agree she could have said viewers/the public).

In order for her to even begin to pay back their creditors and support four kids, she'll need a job that pays well...she's not qualified for most regular work and is a felon. If she's able to be on TV once out of prison and pay back creditors, it could be a good ending for everyone.

Pollyanna :)

• Love 2

I'm going to do this as a single post since multiple quotations are too much for me...

Re: njbchlover - Yes, there are certainly enough "Mercedes and McMansion" folks in Colts' Neck, Marlboro, Manalapan, etc. to keep Real Housewives of New Jersey in business. As in the North Jersey "Mercedes and McMansion" (your word for what I called new money/new construction in an earlier post) belt of Franklin Lakes/Kinnelon/Montville/northern Wayne/North Caldwell, most of these people are successful self-employed entrepreneurs, who don't need permission from a corporation to be on the show or worry about their professional reputations. The "real money" in Rumson or Navesink would not sign on, in the way the "real" North Jersey money in places like Bernardsville, Summit, Mendham, Short Hills, Harding, etc. did not sign on, but I don't think that's to the show's detriment. Red Bank, Asbury Park, etc. also have lots of restaurants and such who would be happy to have the opportunity to be promoted on the show. The only danger in re-casting the show completely around Monmouth County is that a complete re-casting could erode the audience even further...and that it begs the question of Amber and Jim's return. I think Andy's absolute disdain for Jim is a sign Bravo hates him, even if he did increase viewership somewhat. He's tried to push production around (and probably threatened legal action against them), skirted around the edges of his confidentiality contract (or broken it outright), and been abusive on Twitter. The first of these was enough to get Adrienne fired, even though she had a lot more money where her mouth was than Jim. I doubt they'll be back - Jim has done several of the few things that really raises Bravo's ire - but nothing is beneath Bravo.

Re: jinjer and others: I loved your characterization of Dina's kitchen as "Franklin Lakes French country chateau ca. 1995". And, I believe Dina will be staying there indefinitely in some capacity, even though she's tweeted pictures of herself at a New York apartment. I don't think Tommy and Dina will get divorced, or even separated, perhaps; it was a storyline for the show with some basis in reality. I think Danielle's explanation of the Tommy/Dina situation is quite plausible. Dina and Tommy had an "open" (but discreetly open) marriage; Dina got a bit more serious than she had previously with one of the brothers who owns the Corrado's chain of supermarkets. Dina fully intended to divorce Tommy, with his several boyfriends, and marry this Corrado brother...and then realized he had no intentions of settling down with any one woman (he was a "confirmed bachelor" in the skewed usage of Santa Aprea.) So, Dina returned to her own former "confirmed bachelor", and is still living and having sex with him, to their mutual benefit. I'm in agreement with Jim on this one issue; who calls living with and having sex with someone separation? Maybe they sleep in separate beds when they're not having sex now. I was also left unsure about the status of Nicole's alleged home-wrecking by the analogy she made between her ex and his wife's situation and Dina and Tommy's situation. If they were "separated" like Dina and Tommy were "separated" for "five years" (which she said emphatically), her ex and his wife were still living together when she was dating him (and maybe even sleeping together!). If they really were "separated" (living separate lives in separate residences but legally married), the home-wrecker allegations are totally groundless. The women in all this franchise's installments find it unusually problematic to date someone while they're separated, pending divorce (I remember Brandi bringing this up on RHOBH as a point against someone.)

All good points!!  I would almost be afraid, if they did shift gears/casting towards Monmouth County, that this could devolve into a sort of "Jersey Shore - All Grown Up" thing....oh well, it's fun to speculate, LOL!!!

Having said that - the interesting tidbit that I did not know was about Dina and one of the Corrado's owners!!  Does she have a thing for guys involved with food??  LOL    ;-)  I wondered what the connection to Corrado's was, when we saw Melissa and Joe and Kathy shopping there (oh, and who can forget the shopping trip with Theresa and Milania when Milania was climbing into the open floor freezer??)  Makes sense now!!  

I don't want Danielle back.

For the same reasons I don't like watching Jim.

Jim has everyone's number and they know it.  I don't believe for a second that Bobby isn't cheating on Nicole.  Nor do I believe that Rino didn't sleep with Santa.  Just like Danielle knew who brought out the book regardless of their protests otherwise.  

The problem is that both are devious to a point that it's dangerous.  Jim sat behind Amber with his shit eating grin like he'd have no problem shooting up the joint or setting the place ablaze if someone pissed him off enough.  He has no problem spouting off nasty bullshit about people and his excuse is always "Well they started it." which is pretty much the same excuse school shooters give.

So no thanks.  These shows are supposed to be fun and both of them give off the creepy serial killer vibe.  

• Love 5

How ironic that Teresa, the dummy who doesn't know how to read nd signs whatever, is clever enough to hint at marketing strategies and how to turn her legal situation into a money maker, things that make you say uhmmmmmm.

There was a season a season or two ago, in lost footage.  Teresa was walking down the streets (I think NYC) and she came to a bookstore.   She went inside and looked for copies of her cookbook.   There were none there.  She walked up to the counter, introduced herself to the salesperson (she was very nice and pleasant) and told him about her cookbook, that it was a best seller, and she wanted to know if they were interested selling it.

They were not, it was a small, independent bookstore (one of the few left : () and did not offer many cookbooks at all.

But the scene told me that she CAN market herself, even if it means knocking on doors.  I have no doubt she will somehow capitalize on her situation, if it is at all possible.

It's also why I never brought into her "I don't understand anything" persona.  She clearly knows about marketing, and yes, I understand ghost writers, etc, but she has produced a number of best selling cookbooks, a hair care line, etc. There has got to be some "savy" there - and some business sense.   She's not as dumb as she's pretending to be.

• Love 3

mwell345, I beg to differ. It doesn't take much intellect to knock on few doors and say, "Hi, are you willing to sell my product?" This woman is no marketing maven but rather an a C-list celebrity endorser who shills products for companies that want to be associated with her "brand."

Teresa has proven over the course of the series that she is of below average intelligence, from her inability to speak proper English to the illogical thought processes and poor decision making she executes time and time again. She is not pretending, she is just dumb.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 8

Idk...Teresa did apologize for letting down her fans (I agree she could have said viewers/the public).

In order for her to even begin to pay back their creditors and support four kids, she'll need a job that pays well...she's not qualified for most regular work and is a felon. If she's able to be on TV once out of prison and pay back creditors, it could be a good ending for everyone.

I think there should be consequences when you break the law and if you are a reality television personality one of them should be you don't get another contract.  It is not fair to the other 30 or so current RH to have to be associated with a criminal-one who broke the law for the trappings it required to be a RH and then tried to hold onto all the benefits and $$$ she made and discharge her debt in bankruptcy.

Teresa can work like everyone else-in retail in a service industry-perhaps she and her good friend Dina can party plan together and hope that she lands enough has-been appearances that keep her head above water.  I am sure she can hold table flipping contest in every bar in New Jersey.  If she ever decides to be candid she can have someone write a book for her about her experiences.

• Love 2

I think Tersa will totally be back!

People who love her will watch to support her and people who hate will watch to see how crappy her life is now. I read she can't put gas in her car? Ha, join the rest of us now.

Jim makes me a little nervous. I think that man has no boundaries and is capable of anything.

• Love 3

What I took away from this is that Rino really seems like a pretty nice guy. I also still can't understand why Twin Teresa finds Original Teresa responsible for the stupid rumor. In fact, I think she doesn't and just can't apologize for it. Also, Amber still doesn't bother me at all. Perhaps I'm grading on a curve here, but she's OK with me and, dare I say it, pretty good-natured.

• Love 3

Since I believe the show to be scripted in terms of where the "drama" will go, I think the reunion shows are equally fake. There is some truth around which the solid structure is formed, such as:

Yes, Teresa is going to jail, Amber had cancer, Dina and Caroline do not talk, Jacqueline's son is autistic, Melissa worked in a bar, etc.    But where the dynamics will go is scripted, so I watch and laugh at the stupidity of it all. 

I do not believe Amber would "fight" during the reunion with those twins if she was not encouraged to do so. Every drama has conflict,  and so I believe Victoria Gotti was brought in to drop that tidbit about the twins' mother. And when during the reunion they discuss who spread the rumor... the clear answer is whoever writes the RHONJ script outline. 

• Love 5

"I wish I could take my daughters with me"

Oh Teresa, you are such a delusional dumb F&^%, you want to take your daughters with you to prison?

What kind of mother says that?

A horrible one. Teresa.

• Love 1

This has been an extremely close competition but overall, Jim and Amber win on points scored. Congratulations to Jim and Amber for not only meeting but exceeding the standards for douche-baggery.

BMTR6-DB-product-main.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

I think there should be consequences when you break the law and if you are a reality television personality one of them should be you don't get another contract.  It is not fair to the other 30 or so current RH to have to be associated with a criminal-one who broke the law for the trappings it required to be a RH and then tried to hold onto all the benefits and $$$ she made and discharge her debt in bankruptcy.

Teresa can work like everyone else-in retail in a service industry-perhaps she and her good friend Dina can party plan together and hope that she lands enough has-been appearances that keep her head above water.  I am sure she can hold table flipping contest in every bar in New Jersey.  If she ever decides to be candid she can have someone write a book for her about her experiences.

zoeysmom, I get what you're saying but isn't prison the ultimate consequence for Teresa? Wherever she ends up working, she'll still be a felon and will likely have co-workers.

Then, waiting for years for Joe to be released, with the possibility of deportation looming.

No matter what, she'll have to start over. If she owed me money, I'd want her to make as much as possible so she could pay me back.

Sorry everyone...

Edited by Lisin
Fixed quote
  • Love 4

I have to disagree.  First of all, there is no position of trust here.  Teresa had no fiduciary duty to the viewers.  2nd of all, we all know that Bravo Andy and reality tv aren't real.  They haven't been candid with the viewers either and have edited the shit out of these shows.  So what we have been shown hasn't been real from the beginning. She is doing time to pay for her crimes.  The other 30 HWs are a bunch of lowlifes themselves who are willing to sell out their husbands and best friends to be on tv.  A bunch of famewhores, the whole lot.  She hasn't ruined anyone's reputation.  

• Love 11