Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Idk...Teresa did apologize for letting down her fans (I agree she could have said viewers/the public).

In order for her to even begin to pay back their creditors and support four kids, she'll need a job that pays well...she's not qualified for most regular work and is a felon. If she's able to be on TV once out of prison and pay back creditors, it could be a good ending for everyone.

Pollyanna :)

Why would she apologize to her fans? She has not done one thing wrong to them. If you are a Teresa's fan then most likely you do not care that she stole and commited fraud for a term of 10 years, if you are in her corner then most likely you are finding all kind of excuses for her crimes anyway. By YOU I mean a Teresa' fan not you, just thought I would clarify.

Teresa needed to apologize to her victims, the real ones, the small business owners that most likely will never see a dime of their money, the small shops where she maxed out credit cards that will never see the money, the tenants of the buildings that had to go without utilities just so the Guidices could enjoy their ill gotten money. The taxpayers who every month get deductions that are out of this world, how about the fertility clinic who also got stucked with the bill just because Teresa felt that three was not enough and she wanted another one when that was the least thing she needed. How about an apology to the workers that worked on their house who never got paid? Teresa will never apologize to them because that would mean that she is acknowledging that her crimes have real victims.

She apologizes to her fans/viewers because they are the ones who will be buying her products or watching her shows and putting money in her pockets, she is interested in saving face for them, but as far as recognizing her mistakes and apologizing to the people she owes money to, that thought probably hasn't crossed her mind.

• Love 16

I think Teresa is a fool and pretty unlikable but I would totally watch, if I am honest, her return to TV at the end of her sentence.  So I guess I'm part and parcel of the dysfunction which is why, I suppose, I feel confused, annoyed and conflicted when I'd admonished to keep it just about the show.  The show has never just been about the show, ever.   That being said, no more personal anything beyond the limits of the show ever.

The Gotti chick is a total user of anyone within her sphere.  Even if any of that were true, who on earth goes there?  Therehsa is super inarticulate and annoying and her inability to keep it in her pants because it was the ONLY thing she had going on was annoying and uncomfortable to watch but, really, if it were my mother, I'd have been freaking livid also.  That's just way beyond and Andy Cohen should have acknowledged that too. 

I don't think there's a single one of us that wouldn't be curious enough to at least watch an episode of any show Teresa may get lucky enough to be contracted to after prison. But it's not going to be the same Teresa we've all grown to love/hate/detest over the years. I don't think she's going to have the same feisty, arrogant, entitled attitude ever again. Let's face it,  that's the primary reason we watched her. I don't think anyone is every going to see the 'old' Teresa and her high-jinks again.

As far as that scummy tramp Victoria Gotti, the woman is detestable. She wrote a few crappy books because she's the daughter of one of the most arrogant, ruthless, murderous low life of a father who was a Gambino family crime Mafia boss. She even lied about having breast cancer just to get attention from the press. After being accused of faking her illness she came forward with the truth, that she had 'precancerous' cells in her breast rather than an actual diagnosis of breast cancer. The disclosure of her not actually having breast cancer led to the cancellation of her show "Growing Up Gotti" which was horrible anyway. Basically, Victoria Gotti is a sad, aging, pathetic liar. I wouldn't trust her if she told me that the sun was hot.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

I will defend Theresa on not knowing how to put gas in her car. In NJ they don't have self service gas stations you get your gas pumped for you. It creates jobs--My son did it for 2 summers--Unless it's changed I can see not knowing how to do something she's never done.

• Love 7

My own experience, in states other than Jersey, is that they require names and addresses of every landlord and every employer and they write to them all. And they ask again and again for the names of "five people, not relatives, who can attest to your "character and fitness to practice law."

Jim is blowing smoke; I doubt he's even applied to be licensed.

I have a question for you and the other legal eagles here-is there a time limit from when you take/pass the bar exam and then apply for a license to practice?  Jim has contradicted himself so many times on when he took the bar exam (or at least, I seem to remember him contradicted himself) - either he took it right after he graduated law school or just recently - he talks in such circles!! 

But, I guess I'm asking, if he did take and pass the bar exam 10 - 12 years ago - even that is contradictory - wouldn't you have to re-take it if you want to practice law now?  Don't you have to know laws as they currently are and be tested on that? 

Thanks!!   :-)

I will defend Theresa on not knowing how to put gas in her car. In NJ they don't have self service gas stations you get your gas pumped for you. It creates jobs--My son did it for 2 summers--Unless it's changed I can see not knowing how to do something she's never done.

It hasn't changed, and I don't know how to pump gas, either....one of the reasons why I love living in New Jersey!

• Love 6

I have to disagree.  First of all, there is no position of trust here.  Teresa had no fiduciary duty to the viewers.  2nd of all, we all know that Bravo Andy and reality tv aren't real.  They haven't been candid with the viewers either and have edited the shit out of these shows.  So what we have been shown hasn't been real from the beginning. She is doing time to pay for her crimes.  The other 30 HWs are a bunch of lowlifes themselves who are willing to sell out their husbands and best friends to be on tv.  A bunch of famewhores, the whole lot.  She hasn't ruined anyone's reputation.  

I disagree, what Teresa/Joe and Apollo did does cast a shadow on the other HWs/husbands. Because of these 3 criminals, all of the HWs and their husbands are looked at as if they may be doing something illegal. There is a difference between a "famewhore" and a Felon/Criminal IMO.

• Love 2

I would agree with you except that the Guidices commited their crimes way before there was ever a show called Real Housewives of Anything, their criminal activities had already happened when Bravo got to them, so whether there was a show or not the crimes have already been commited.

Of course Teresa would try to blame anybody but her but she knows and Andy got her to reaffirm in their WWHL interview that the crimes that they were being convicted of happened before she joined the show.  

What has always bothered me is that by the time the Guidices declared bankrupcy, Teresa was already on the show, she had an income, she was working on her cookbook, they had money coming in like they haven't had in years, yet these swindlers dared to try to claim bankrupcy so they wouldn't have to pay any of their extravagant purchases. Talk about having your cake and eat it too. I am glad the law put a stop to that.

I totally agree here. Teresa is trying to paint a picture of herself as the innocent victim and she even tried to pin the tail on the Bravo donkey by saying all these things wouldn't have happened were it not for Bravo and the notoriety of the RHNJ franchise. The lies, the frauds the not filing of income tax happened both before and after Teresa signed on with Bravo. The empty look she gives "I didn't know", "  didn't understand", "I never read it" is such bullcock that it's laughable. She knew exactly what was happening when she defrauded the bank out of money so she could continue with her lavish lifestyle. Regarding their statement to Judge Salas, the judge said this, "the couple said they felt pressure to keep up with their wealthier friends." So, there you go, a simple case of greed.

• Love 4

It hasn't changed, and I don't know how to pump gas, either....one of the reasons why I love living in New Jersey!

I live in Connecticut and sure, I've traveled through New Jersey and stopped on the highway for gas and loved it when someone else did it for me. But I remember when I was around 8 years old, and my dad stopped for gas, even with my little, immature brain at 8, I'm pretty certain that I was fully capable of figuring out how to unscrew the gas cap from the car and pick up the pump handle (the long skinny end goes in the opening) and pump it myself if I had to. I mean sheesh, dumb is dumb but if you can't figure out a gas pump how the hell do you operate a pasta machine, or turn on the blender in the kitchen which I'm sure she knows all about with all her cook books.

• Love 5

I have a question for you and the other legal eagles here-is there a time limit from when you take/pass the bar exam and then apply for a license to practice? Jim has contradicted himself so many times on when he took the bar exam (or at least, I seem to remember him contradicted himself) - either he took it right after he graduated law school or just recently - he talks in such circles!!

But, I guess I'm asking, if he did take and pass the bar exam 10 - 12 years ago - even that is contradictory - wouldn't you have to re-take it if you want to practice law now? Don't you have to know laws as they currently are and be tested on that?

Thanks!! :-)

I can only speak to my own experience. I took one bar exam and was admitted on motion in another state. Generally, however, the bar exam does not encompass local and state laws. If you are admitted, generally you are responsible for a certain number of hours of continuing legal education as a requirement of maintaining your license.

I said before that Jim is blowing smoke about the bar exam et al and parsing his remarks is useless.

• Love 3

zoeysmom, I get what you're saying but isn't prison the ultimate consequence for Teresa? Wherever she ends up working, she'll still be a felon and will likely have co-workers.

Then, waiting for years for Joe to be released, with the possibility of deportation looming.

No matter what, she'll have to start over. If she owed me money, I'd want her to make as much as possible so she could pay me back.

Filming a TV show is not the only way to make money.

I also don't think that prison is the ultimate consequence for Teresa. It's the most humiliating, but I think the hardest part of all of this will be her changed lifestyle (ie. no money).

• Love 7

I have to disagree.  First of all, there is no position of trust here.  Teresa had no fiduciary duty to the viewers.  2nd of all, we all know that Bravo Andy and reality tv aren't real.  They haven't been candid with the viewers either and have edited the shit out of these shows.  So what we have been shown hasn't been real from the beginning. She is doing time to pay for her crimes.  The other 30 HWs are a bunch of lowlifes themselves who are willing to sell out their husbands and best friends to be on tv.  A bunch of famewhores, the whole lot.  She hasn't ruined anyone's reputation.  

I liken it to playing in the NFL or the NBA-yep there are a lot of rogue guys and now if they are involved in domestic violence they are dealt with harshly because the other men in the league who are not physical violent towards women don't want to be painted with the same brush.

What is very real is committing fraud and offering perjured testimony under oath.  I get that I don't have a fiduciary relationship with Teresa but many places of employment will not hire people with a felony record.

I disagree with Teresa and ruining people's reputation. Ruin may be too tough but she has certainly cast aspersions on others. The list begins with Danielle and next up is her sister in law, Jacqueline, Caroline and Albert's marriage, Kathy and Rosie's father, her brother, Richie, Kathy, Lauren, Albie and Christopher, Chris Laurita (claimed he was caught cheating).  Now it is the twins mother-if she thought it was so unbelievable why did she repeat it? 

• Love 2

I have a question for you and the other legal eagles here-is there a time limit from when you take/pass the bar exam and then apply for a license to practice? Jim has contradicted himself so many times on when he took the bar exam (or at least, I seem to remember him contradicted himself) - either he took it right after he graduated law school or just recently - he talks in such circles!!

But, I guess I'm asking, if he did take and pass the bar exam 10 - 12 years ago - even that is contradictory - wouldn't you have to re-take it if you want to practice law now? Don't you have to know laws as they currently are and be tested on that?

Thanks!! :-)

No legal eagle, but his story is way sketchy. My understanding (from actual lawyers) is that you take the bar exam right after law school while all the useless shit you're not going to need in the future is still fresh. Everybody I knew also took a bar prep class. I think he said after ten years he "studied" for two hours each night and passed? OK.

You can also be hired as an associate at a law firm before you pass, but you're limited to reading briefs mostly and the job is predicated on you passing. I don't know of any law firm that would wait a year thereafter for you to get certified by the "character committee". So his "I will depose you for eight hours and make you my bitch" is utterly ridiculous given he now admits he hadn't passed at that point. IMO he's just trying to cover his ass for being called out on it. He does assume everybody but him is stupid

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 4

Some tweets from Dina

"I have to thank @rinoaprea1 for sticking up for me w/ Jim~They cut a lot out...It was nice to have some back up even tho he doesn't faze me"

"I was PROMISED it was going to be a lighter season. More like season 1 in the beginning. Fans request...I'm a sucker I guess" (in response to a tweet from someone about how HW's say they don't like drama, but take the Bravo paycheck)

and

"The end of this reunion was emotional~I came back this season to be by T's side. Not sure what the future holds. You guys are so awesome xo"

• Love 4

I make sure to fill up every time I'm about to cross the bridge to PA. I'd be screwed.

Can't fault Theresa for that.

• Love 5

Some tweets from Dina

"I have to thank @rinoaprea1 for sticking up for me w/ Jim~They cut a lot out...It was nice to have some back up even tho he doesn't faze me"

"I was PROMISED it was going to be a lighter season. More like season 1 in the beginning. Fans request...I'm a sucker I guess" (in response to a tweet from someone about how HW's say they don't like drama, but take the Bravo paycheck)

and

"The end of this reunion was emotional~I came back this season to be by T's side. Not sure what the future holds. You guys are so awesome xo"

Does being Zen include smoking crack? You were PROMISED it would be a lighter season when you signed on knowing your "friend" and fellow castmate was indicted on 41 counts of fraud? Nothing like pending felony charges says whiskers on deformed kittens like that.

• Love 11

I disagree, what Teresa/Joe and Apollo did does cast a shadow on the other HWs/husbands. Because of these 3 criminals, all of the HWs and their husbands are looked at as if they may be doing something illegal. There is a difference between a "famewhore" and a Felon/Criminal IMO.

Let's not forget Taylor and Russell in BH then either.

I totally disagree that any of them (the "real" criminals) are making the others look bad. They look bad because they are bad. The rest just look like desperate famewhores, which we all know they are.

• Love 7

Some tweets from Dina

and

I don't know if Danielle thought season 1 was so "light and drama free" . LOL

• Love 4

The list begins with Danielle and next up is her sister in law, Jacqueline, Caroline and Albert's marriage, Kathy and Rosie's father, her brother, Richie, Kathy, Lauren, Albie and Christopher, Chris Laurita (claimed he was caught cheating).  Now it is the twins mother-if she thought it was so unbelievable why did she repeat it?

These people have their own reputations to worry about aside from Teresa and Apollo.

Danielle?  Arrested in Florida for hanging out with a coke dealer who kidnapped some guy?  Danny Provolone (or whatever his name was) she was running around with and the bikers she brought to that child's cancer charity event?  Teresa didn't make her look bad by committing fraud.

Caroline and Albert?  Even before the show aired there was a message board where someone was posting about "Jill" Albert's mistress that hung out at the Brownstone apartment. Those rumors predated the first airing. Teresa didn't say boo about Tiny Manzo getting shot and shoved naked into a trunk. Nor did Teresa have anything to do with Al claiming legal residence in Passaic to collect a salary and health benefit from the Passaic Valley Water Commission while he was living in Morris County.  Something he had to resign from once it came to light.  

Oh Jac - yes her "corporate" bankruptcy which is so different because they only stole from their own company not from other companies using corporate money on jets for family vacations and cars and personal expenses.  Their reputations are sterling.

I forget how many lawsuits Richie was involved in.  I know not paying his landscapers involved one and Exxon was in another.  Teresa's fraud clearly had no impact on those matters.

Teresa's bankruptcy fraud doesn't make those people look bad.  Those people look bad all on their own.  

Teresa calling them names and spreading rumors - that's bad IRL.  On "reality" tv?  That's part of the show. Those twins were sitting there talking about Melissa being a stripper in AC on camera.  They weren't too concerned about talking about a rumor themselves. Oops - I guess they forgot their cardinal rule.  

Don't go on these shows if you don't want to have your dirty laundry talked about.  They have been on the air for like 10 years now if you go back to the original OC.  Everything comes out.  It might not be "right."  But it comes out. Not one castmember can complain about shit coming out now.  None of them.  These women aren't friends.  The only ones I can see being mad are the ones that are actually family or who have had longstanding relationships.  These newbies?  These are your co-workers who have signed on to screw you.  It is really Survivor.

I think if the twins stay on, there is a good chance they could end up in a feud with each other.  

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 17

Let's not forget Taylor and Russell in BH then either.

I totally disagree that any of them (the "real" criminals) are making the others look bad. They look bad because they are bad. The rest just look like desperate famewhores, which we all know they are.

Is it wrong to think there's nothing as funny as desperate famewhores? But then I do watch them. Thanks for all the giggles!

• Love 4

Some tweets from Dina

and

I still want to see the edited out clip of Jim saying Dina's ass was big...I am thinking there were a lot of fireworks about that insult, and that's why they had to edit it out....or, maybe they will show it during the last "Secrets Revealed" segment?   I hope so!!! 

• Love 1

I forgot to add that I noticed someone (one of the guys) made the comeback "your ass hurts!" I laughed; I don't think I've heard that since high school.

I don't remember that!!  I guess I was still in shock over the fact that when Jim was in high school, he would play the "Momma throwdown game" by replying to his opponent's throw-down with something about a relative fucking their Mom!

First of all, I think that game is definitely more jr. high/middle school-ish, and if something like that were said, the other kid would have pummeled tiny Jim into the ground.  Hey - maybe that was the start of his anger issues~~he doesn't strike me as the type who received a good teacher evaluation in the subject of "plays well with others".   ;-)

• Love 2

Haha--I graduated in 1989; maybe "your ass hurts" was passé by the time your time came (assuming you're younger)? Now that I think about it, that phrase may have been big in my junior-high years.

I assume from your user name that you're from Jersey too?

• Love 1

Haha--I graduated in 1989; maybe "your ass hurts" was passé by the time your time came (assuming you're younger)? Now that I think about it, that phrase may have been big in my junior-high years.

I assume from your user name that you're from Jersey too?

Oh no....waaay older, so "your ass hurts" was definitely a lot AFTER my time, LOL!!!

Yes, I'm from Jersey, too...in fact, live very, very close to new Housewives' area.  Everytime they were filmed at a restaurant, etc., I kept trying to recognize it.  I figured out a few of them!  :-) 

• Love 1

These people have their own reputations to worry about aside from Teresa and Apollo.

Danielle?  Arrested in Florida for hanging out with a coke dealer who kidnapped some guy?  Danny Provolone (or whatever his name was) she was running around with and the bikers she brought to that child's cancer charity event?  Teresa didn't make her look bad by committing fraud.

Caroline and Albert?  Even before the show aired there was a message board where someone was posting about "Jill" Albert's mistress that hung out at the Brownstone apartment. Those rumors predated the first airing. Teresa didn't say boo about Tiny Manzo getting shot and shoved naked into a trunk. Nor did Teresa have anything to do with Al claiming legal residence in Passaic to collect a salary and health benefit from the Passaic Valley Water Commission while he was living in Morris County.  Something he had to resign from once it came to light.  

Oh Jac - yes her "corporate" bankruptcy which is so different because they only stole from their own company not from other companies using corporate money on jets for family vacations and cars and personal expenses.  Their reputations are sterling.

I forget how many lawsuits Richie was involved in.  I know not paying his landscapers involved one and Exxon was in another.  Teresa's fraud clearly had no impact on those matters.

Teresa's bankruptcy fraud doesn't make those people look bad.  Those people look bad all on their own.  

Teresa calling them names and spreading rumors - that's bad IRL.  On "reality" tv?  That's part of the show. Those twins were sitting there talking about Melissa being a stripper in AC on camera.  They weren't too concerned about talking about a rumor themselves. Oops - I guess they forgot their cardinal rule.  

Don't go on these shows if you don't want to have your dirty laundry talked about.  They have been on the air for like 10 years now if you go back to the original OC.  Everything comes out.  It might not be "right."  But it comes out. Not one castmember can complain about shit coming out now.  None of them.  These women aren't friends.  The only ones I can see being mad are the ones that are actually family or who have had longstanding relationships.  These newbies?  These are your co-workers who have signed on to screw you.  It is really Survivor.

I think if the twins stay on, there is a good chance they could end up in a feud with each other.  

Good recall on all of the NJ housewives' peccadilloes!!  And, while not to the extent of Teresa and Joe, I am pretty convinced they all have some financial skeletons in their closets other than those you mentioned.  I don't believe that they are all completely honest in their accounting and tax reporting.

• Love 3

Oh no....waaay older, so "your ass hurts" was definitely a lot AFTER my time, LOL!!!

Yes, I'm from Jersey, too...in fact, live very, very close to new Housewives' area.  Everytime they were filmed at a restaurant, etc., I kept trying to recognize it.  I figured out a few of them!  :-) 

Me too! My BF's relatives live two seconds from Teresa (and he's had run-ins in his youth with Joe Giudice's brother). Ever since I learned exactly where it was, I like to make a drive-by every now and then. I used to have an apartment right near the gelato place where Kathy peddled her wares and where Teresa flipped the table (close to where Al Manzo said there was not a KFC when Joe Giudice said there once was--and Joe was correct, by the way). Also, Dina got her tattoo where I get all my work done. And, my sister was at Joe Giudice's sister's wedding; she's got pics of Teresa in bridesmaid-wear!

Also, and unrelated: I live in the same condo complex as a recent Hell's Kitchen contestant (who is not well liked here on this site). But he's a really nice guy...and a doting dog owner too!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

I can't believe that one Tattle Tiny!

Opps...I wound up all the way down here. I was referring to the the Butt hurt crack;)

And oh... What's with Jimmy Boy with It's just a joke. He was only kidding. Guys bustin balls MY ass! 

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 1

I can't believe that one Tattle Tiny!

Opps...I wound up all the way down here. I was referring to the the Butt hurt crack;)

And oh... What's with Jimmy Boy with It's just a joke. He was only kidding. Guys bustin balls MY ass! 

Oh, your ass hurts! After all these years, I am still not even sure what that means!

The big difference between Teresa/Joe and the rest of the cast is that the Giudices used their over the top spending, their Fraudulent BK attempt and resulting Criminal Indictments their storyline for 6 seasons now. That does make many viewers then question the legality of the other HWs wealth and not just the NJ HWs either, but all of them across the different cities.

Danielle never denied her conviction/prison time although she did try to play it down. And it happened before she had kids , years before she was on the show and ended well before she got on the show.

After 6 season, if Albert was cheating, evidence would have surfaced by now. For as long as this rumor about "Jill" has been around I find it impossible that no proof of her existence has ever surfaced which makes it nothing more than an ugly rumor. He was wrong to get on the Water Commission when he did not reside in that community, although I am surprised that as a tax paying land owner that he is prohibited from holding office, where I live, he could. Caroline, with Dina by her side, did talk about their late father in-law.

Chris/Jac were smart enough to keep their BK private, unlike Teresa/Joe who used it as their storyline and a way to make money that they did not use to repay those debts. And as of now, there are NO CRIMINAL CHARGES pending against them nor has any final report/decision been made as to what they did/didn't do.

Rich IS an ass and Andy did not ask him any legal questions because he and Kathy never made it part of their storyline nor did they ever act/live beyond what they really could afford.

Yes, anyone that goes on a "Reality" show must be prepared for all their secrets to come out.

• Love 5

I also don't think that prison is the ultimate consequence for Teresa. It's the most humiliating, but I think the hardest part of all of this will be her changed lifestyle (ie. no money).

I think if Tre had the choice between 2 years in prison away from her "four beautiful daughters" but when she gets out she gets to keep her house, cars, clothes, etc., live the same lifestyle she has been living OR no prison time but she must lose everything and start over, IMO she would do the prison time and keep her material posessions. She's that greedy.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 5

The Examiner reported the earpiece story too.  Even though Andy Cohen denied it, I think it's a real possibility.

http://www.examiner.com/article/teresa-giudice-fed-info-through-earpiece-at-rhonj-reunion

There's an blurb about Jim Marchese calling him an unapologetic villain out there too.

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/11/14/jim-marchese-unapologetic-villain-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/

And finally......

RHONJ's sinking ratings are showcased.

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/11/14/reality-tv-viewer-numbers-rhonj-rhoa-vanderpump-rules-love-hip-hop-hollywood/

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Nov 12 2014. 5:27 pm

Teresa Giudice coming out of jail in late spring of 2016 is going to TV gold.  I have NO doubt in my mind that Bravo is going to offer her something -- If not a full time slot somewhere, then a special.  She knows this, they know this.  Extended shot of Tre holding Andy's hand as they both weep off camera?

Absolutely agree with this! The reason Andy was so teary eyed and emotional is because he has lost his cash cow for the next 15 months. Love her or hate her, IMO Tre IS the NJ franchise. The reason ratings were so low this season is precisely because there was no Tre this season, not the Tre we are used to seeing. All she did this season was make excuses and talk about her "four beautiful daughters". Even one of The Twins said that production was upset with Tre for not "bringing it" this season. In past seasons viewers watched to either root for Tre in the Tre-vs- Everyone Else battle or to hate-watch her, mouths hanging open while saying/thinking, "Are you believing this bitch here?" If it were allowed Andy would drag cameras to the prison and film visits with her. He did ask if he could visit her and I bet he does and "reports" on his visit on WWHL. I can see the commercial promos now - "MY EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE IMPRISONED THERESA GUIDICE  ON THE NEXT WWHL!!!!" Bravo probably already has a first rights contract with her to do a show after her release.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 4

If Wendy Feldman was whispering in Tre's ear, she should keep quiet about it because she did a crappy job AND she is spilling the beans about her tactics.  What type of client is going to hire a crisis manager that goes and spills your secrets when you have a falling out?  Did you hear Teresa at the reunion?  The best she could come up with was an apology to her fans.  She couldn't even acknowledge that Teresssa would be upset to hear a rumor about her mother even if it didn't technically "come out of my mouth."

• Love 3

If Wendy Feldman was whispering in Tre's ear, she should keep quiet about it because she did a crappy job AND she is spilling the beans about her tactics.  What type of client is going to hire a crisis manager that goes and spills your secrets when you have a falling out?

Lets not forget, Wendy Feldman is a convicted felon herself. Do you really expect someone like her to follow a superior code of morals and ethics? At least she was able to wrangle Teresa and reign in the dog and pony show, for a time being. You get what you pay for, and Wendy's services seemed to be pro bono for the media exposure it gave her..

• Love 2

I'm not a friend or fan of Wendy Feldman but I think she blabbed to cover her ass.  If she didn't get her side of the story out there before Teresa started talking about her, she'd have been added to the long list of whose fault it was that Teresa was going to prison, e.g., Joe, the government, the lawyers, Bravo, people who are jealous of her, etc., etc.

• Love 4

From a legal standpoint, the smartest thing for Bravo/Andy to do is put a wire in Teresa's ear to remind her what she can and cannot speak about, so they don't implicate themselves in anything. Just keep saying "my four beautiful daughters are my priority" and don't mention income, finances, producer manipulation, etc.

At this point, Teresa really doesn't have as much to lose as Bravo. A few misspoken words, and the whole RHW franchise loses all remaining credibility and a ton of money, plus what are the differences in paying writers, actors, etc., vs. non-actors in regards to unions, etc.

The whole franchise is on the decline, and Andy needs the veneer of being true reality to remain as long as possible.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 2

Bravo has all the power; the Housewives have little to none. The HW's don't want to break the fourth wall because they're all desperate to stay in Bravo's good graces and stay on TV, but even if they did, the shows aren't live - anything said that's incriminating is edited out. In other words, they can keep their formula of faux reality going for awhile longer. Just when you think the franchise(s) or idea is over, ATL premieres to blockbuster numbers.

I think the Housewives shows are similar to successful businesses that branch out to other cities - but too fast and too many, and then success from the original isn't easily replicated. I honestly don't get why the show works in some cities and casts, and is such a dud in others. (Although I think I answered my own question - it's the cast). I don't think they're going to throw the towel in on Jersey just yet. I think they might try to bring the ole gang back and see how that plays out. And no way will Teresa allow Andy to visit her in prison, let alone "report" on her time there. Are we watching the same show? Teresa left the room when talk turned to her doing time. Everything about the word prison humiliates her. That's the very reason she calls it "going away."

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 3
Everything about the word prison humiliates her. That's the very reason she calls it "going away."

I think she calls it that because tons of people call it that; it is a long-time common euphemism for doing time and the Giudice's are far from the only people who use it. I've heard the term since I was a child. Maybe it's regional to the tri-state area but "going away" is by no means a "Teresa-ism" at all.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

Maybe it's regional to the tri-state area but "going away" is by no means a "Teresa-ism" at all.

Oh I know that. I was just trying to say that a humiliated Teresa will want to distance herself from prison in every way, from calling it prison to giving exclusive interviews from the pen.

• Love 2

And no way will Teresa allow Andy to visit her in prison, let alone "report" on her time there. Are we watching the same show? Teresa left the room when talk turned to her doing time. Everything about the word prison humiliates her. That's the very reason she calls it "going away."

Teresa has already proven that she will do ANYTHING for a buck, including humiliating and using her daughter to get a lesser sentence. She let Andy interview her the right after the verdict for money - a time when she was the most humiliated and upset -  so IMO she would have no qualms about doing an interview from prison. Teresa will also want to keep herself in the public eye as a way to ensure a new tv gig after release. She will not want to be forgotten even if it means interviews from prison. Nope, we have not seen the last of this woman by a long shot, lol.

• Love 2

Teresa has already proven that she will do ANYTHING for a buck, including humiliating and using her daughter to get a lesser sentence. She let Andy interview her the right after the verdict for money - a time when she was the most humiliated and upset -  so IMO she would have no qualms about doing an interview from prison. Teresa will also want to keep herself in the public eye as a way to ensure a new tv gig after release. She will not want to be forgotten even if it means interviews from prison. Nope, we have not seen the last of this woman by a long shot, lol.

I would argue the only thing in the world more important to Teresa than money is her public image. (Notice her "four beautiful daughters" gets ranked lower). I agree she's a ho for fame and fortune, but that fame is predicated on her image. That's why she pinned this all on Joe. Seeing Teresa in pinstripes does not fit that image. I think she'll want to ignore it, and act like it's not happening, a miscarriage of justice, a blip on the radar, next....!

• Love 3

Now that I've seen all three parts of the reunion, all I can say is Teresa Joodice is one cold bitch.  I found it especially telling when, in an effort to defend herself against the charge of hitting below the belt, she claimed she NEVER hurt Jac - who {loony or not} very conveniently wasn't there to object to that claim...did the RV trip never happen?, did the make up at the resort in the southwest never happen?...I'll follow these boards until the bitch is safely in jail where she, by virtue of her own actions, belongs - but once I can see the proof that justice has indeed been served rather than (yet again) perverted, I'll be done with her.  If NJ comes back for a new season with no Teresa [other than by way of wrapping up her involvement with the franchise, to say something about where she's gone post-prison] I'll tune in only long enough to see which way the wind has blown  - as long as it's Joodice-free, I may just watch to see how Bravo attempts to rehab the show.

• Love 3

I would argue the only thing in the world more important to Teresa than money is her public image. (Notice her "four beautiful daughters" gets ranked lower). I agree she's a ho for fame and fortune, but that fame is predicated on her image. That's why she pinned this all on Joe. Seeing Teresa in pinstripes does not fit that image. I think she'll want to ignore it, and act like it's not happening, a miscarriage of justice, a blip on the radar, next....!

I doubt the prison will allow Bravo cameras in so no one will "see" her in pinstripes (which they don't have to wear anyway. Sweats are allowed and we've seen her in those) but she would do an interview off camera and allow Andy to "report" back about his visit. Tre's image has already been bown. The viewers know she's a convicted felon, she's talked about it on WWHL so at this point she has nothing to lose by giving interviews off camera. Her image is predicated on her allusion of wealth. In order to obtain wealth legally she will have to keep herself in the public eye so the viewers don't lose interest and she will have the opportunity to get a show in 15 months. Not to mention the paycheck from Bravo if she does interviews. Tre will do WHATEVER she has to to stay relevent and collect a paycheck with working a real job. Not to mention the "fame" she has received from the show is like a drug and I don't see her giving that up. Nope - we haven't seen or heard the last of Tre, especially with Andy and Bravo chomping at the bit for all things Tre. Her fans will be her fans and believe the shit she slings whether she's in prison or not so image is not an issue there. Those of us who aren't fans already know she's a piece of crap and don't buy into the image and she knows this.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 2

Teresa seemed to be sending a message that the past season focusing on her legal woes was truly a humiliating experience for her.  On one hand she is saying-take some of the attention off me and on the other hand she is saying her problems made the show.  What she doesn't hear is that the audience really didn't like the maudlin felon putting her children out there trying to convince the world that because she loves her daughters she should escape punishment.  During her run on the show her husband was arrested and convicted of drunk driving, went to jail for violating probation, was arrested and later convicted of identity fraud and of course the federal case.

With every cast mate she is angry with it all stems from them questioning her or pointing out her bad behavior.  With Jacqueline it was the tabloid story about her possibly facing prison time-a quote from Teresa's own attorney.  With Melissa it was a variety of things but initially it was about she and Joe talking about Joe going to prison and most notably when Joe said-"when you asked for $20,000.00, I was there that day."  These are things that fry Teresa's brain.  Caroline it was about her kids and Greg making fun of her, Kathy it was about saying she left the child unattended.  With Amber and Jim it was about the indictments and he dare discussing them, the twins it became about how dare they think she was involved in the rumor.

Teresa will only be friends with someone who never brings up the obvious.  She can throw the hurt out there but when her very public problems are brought up she becomes quite vicious.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

I doubt the prison will allow Bravo cameras in so no one will "see" her in pinstripes (which they don't have to wear anyway. Sweats are allowed and we've seen her in those) but she would do an interview off camera and allow Andy to "report" back about his visit. Tre's image has already been bown. The viewers know she's a convicted felon, she's talked about it on WWHL so at this point she has nothing to lose by giving interviews off camera. Her image is predicated on her allusion of wealth. In order to obtain wealth legally she will have to keep herself in the public eye so the viewers don't lose interest and she will have the opportunity to get a show in 15 months. Not to mention the paycheck from Bravo if she does interviews. Tre will do WHATEVER she has to to stay relevent and collect a paycheck with working a real job. Not to mention the "fame" she has received from the show is like a drug and I don't see her giving that up. Nope - we haven't seen or heard the last of Tre, especially with Andy and Bravo chomping at the bit for all things Tre. Her fans will be her fans and believe the shit she slings whether she's in prison or not so image is not an issue there. Those of us who aren't fans already know she's a piece of crap and don't buy into the image and she knows this.

As for prison pinstripes, I believe orange is the new pinstripes, or so I've heard re: Danbury. I just meant it metaphorically anyway. I agree that Teresa wants to keep her fame going post-prison, but any PR person would tell her that giving interviews from prison would only reinforce her new image as a convict. Better to distant herself from that image altogether, so the way to do that is to "go away" for 15 months, and then start over.

I'm also on record for saying that Bravo won't re-hire her when she gets out, so I don't agree that Andy or Bravo is chomping at the bit for all things Teresa - now or in the future. I think it's possible that some other network might take a gamble on her, but I think it will fail, and get a lot of flack. Honestly, the only show I'd watch is a cooking show with Teresa and Apollo going asunder, in pinstripes, in the prison cafeteria slinging mystery meat, or some other ingredientses.

• Love 2

I don't think Bravo or any other channel would offer Tre a cooking show because she doesn't speak well. Her thoughts don't process into speech in the way necessary to give detailed cooking instructions or explanations. I think Bravo will offer a show on post-prison life, following her as a single mom trying to get her life together. I didn't think Andy was teary eyed and sad when saying goodbye to Tre because he has personal feelings of warmth and friendship for her, I think he was sad he lost his money maker and will do what he can to keep making money off her - and she him. As I said previously, I would not be surpirised if Bravo hasn't already offered her a contract for first rights for a show after her sentence.

ETA: In her little brain Tre probably fancies herself as Martha Stewart. They both had successful cookbooks, both were tv "stars", both on Apprentice,both have done/will do time. She prob figures she'll rise again as has Martha,lol.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 5

I was in the supermarket tonight and at the checkout counter there was only one magazine that had a teeny-weeny picture of Teresa in the corner with the caption "Teresa takes self-defense lessons."   The fact that she's not plastered on every tabloid cover tells me that Teresa's 15 minutes are up.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3