Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

My guide shows part 2 of 3 for 9pm tomorrow. So, my DVR was set to skip it. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone else has the same thing happen.

Mine too. I have a TiVo with FiOS service and spent an embarrasing amount of time trying to fix this oversight to no avail.

I am thinking Bravo should run the Reunion in 2 parts for 90 minutes each and have a WWHL.  This has got to reek havoc with the ratings.

From the previews it looks almost as if Teresa might apologize. . . I guess stranger things have happened.

So rare for them to depart from the usual schedule, that  I think Bravo is pretty much over this show. Part 1 on Sunday, ,Part 2 on Thursday, Part 3 now on Tuesday.

Good thing there is not a Part 4.  Would probably air Thanksgiving morning.

• Love 3

http://www.allabouttrh.com/teresa-giudice-teresa-aprea-face-part-3-rhonj-reunion/

Here is a clip.  Wow they sure let Teresa A. go on and on about storylines.  I agree with what she is saying. The whole season was about Teresa and the negative in her life, the at home scenes were snore worthy, so she decided to throw someone under the bus and duck and hide.  Teresa was just about sitting around someone's house or a spa and not talking about her trial.  When they started filming Teresa's case was set to go to trial in April.  When she pled out in late February, she left the producers scrambling for a new storylines.  There was not going to be "THE TRIAL OF REALITY TV TRIALS TO END ALL TRIALS", no not guilty on all counts, no prison terms of decades, just a simple plea deal that to this day she refuses to admit any wrongdoing.

Personally, given the Giudices history of delaying court actions-I think the powers that be that signed off on this being Season 6 of RHONJ should be fired.  Teresa should have been a "friend of the housewives" only and Dina should have been as well.  These new people would have probably had some good times and storylines with the Wakiles and Lauritas had the producers not made this grievous series of bad decisions.

• Love 2

Odd. My guide shows RHONJ Reunion Part Two airing at both 8 and 9pm.

Mine too, I just checked to see if it was 8 or 9 tonight and this is what I saw, with that Peoples Couch on at 10.

So, it should be on at 9 though?

• Love 1

I agree with what she is saying. The whole season was about Teresa and the negative in her life, the at home scenes were snore worthy, so she decided to throw someone under the bus and duck and hide.

I disagree.  Teresa was probably more than happy to be snooze worthy with her depressing life.  She filmed it enough.  The producers weren't.  Driving the girls to school, having Joe's family over, going over the Giudices, cooking with the girls, house shopping, annoying Gia about her IUD, getting pedicures, crying on her bedroom floor, being in the office with Joe, toasting Christmas with Joe, going to Joe and Melissa's lot etc.  We had plenty of Teresa scenes.  Teresa did plenty of shoots.  Way, way more than Dina.  Teresa was involved in a lot of Dina's shoots too. There was no reason for Teresa to believe that she wasn't shooting enough scenes for the producers or that they were all depressing.  

Teresa A. can blame Teresa G. all she wants for Victoria G coming on, it's nonsense. The producers have a habit of bringing people on and throwing them in scenes - like Melissa's bridesmaid.  The only person responsible is Victoria G. - who has a relationship with the producers from appearing in the past and has a history with reality TV (which she had been trying to get back on).   The producers tell them when and where to shoot and who to shoot with.  This constant need to blame Teresa G. is ridiculous. Take responsibility for Rino saying it and Victoria G. for coming on the show and move on.  But they won't because it is the only storyline they have.

• Love 4

Mine too, I just checked to see if it was 8 or 9 tonight and this is what I saw, with that Peoples Couch on at 10.

So, it should be on at 9 though?

Yes. Bravo's website says new ep airs at 9pm.

I disagree.  Teresa was probably more than happy to be snooze worthy with her depressing life.  She filmed it enough.  The producers weren't.  Driving the girls to school, having Joe's family over, going over the Giudices, cooking with the girls, house shopping, annoying Gia about her IUD, getting pedicures, crying on her bedroom floor, being in the office with Joe, toasting Christmas with Joe, going to Joe and Melissa's lot etc.  We had plenty of Teresa scenes.  Teresa did plenty of shoots.  Way, way more than Dina.  Teresa was involved in a lot of Dina's shoots too. There was no reason for Teresa to believe that she wasn't shooting enough scenes for the producers or that they were all depressing.  

Teresa A. can blame Teresa G. all she wants for Victoria G coming on, it's nonsense. The producers have a habit of bringing people on and throwing them in scenes - like Melissa's bridesmaid.  The only person responsible is Victoria G. - who has a relationship with the producers from appearing in the past and has a history with reality TV (which she had been trying to get back on).   The producers tell them when and where to shoot and who to shoot with.  This constant need to blame Teresa G. is ridiculous. Take responsibility for Rino saying it and Victoria G. for coming on the show and move on.  But they won't because it is the only storyline they have.

As evidenced by the short season, bringing Jacqueline back after shooting had ended the producers obviously were concerned there would not be enough for a season.  This Victoria tale happened in mid-March, the Project Ladybug event was in Early April.  So Teresa was well aware there was a shortage of usable material. 

Even some of the happier scenes with Teresa's family became downers.  The family reunion, and Joe talking about when in times of trouble they hang together, and his father agitated at the system, Gia crying, there were a few Gia crying scenes, dinner at the Giudices and the reminder Frank died and once again talk of the criminal matter. 

I agree about Dina but then again she isn't terribly interesting with all her refusals of who she will film with and separation while living with her husband.

I think we disagree had Teresa refused to shoot the scene with Victoria Gotti the twins would not have been placing blame on Teresa. Teresa did it for the money.  She has painted herself into a corner and all she can do is follow directives from Bravo.   To me, it was more of her reactions afterwards that made me feel like Teresa is the cold-hearted criminal bitch she has always been. Then just in case someone missed it the first time-she repeated it to Dina on camera.  There is no way she would have laughed off something be said about her mom like that-and that is not what she did-she said these things happen-implying she though it could be true.

Whatever happened with Victoria Gotti and the producers-it worked she is back on the air.  So hurting a family you have never even met has its rewards.  To me, Teresa continuing her friendship with someone like Victoria Gotti is very telling of what an unscrupulous person Teresa is.  Forget about the twins family-who would even want to be in the same room with someone who put that rumor out there on camera to you?  It is so Kim D.

• Love 5

This constant need to blame Teresa G. is ridiculous. Take responsibility for Rino saying it and Victoria G. for coming on the show and move on.  But they won't because it is the only storyline they have.

Yep - if she's looking to blame someone, blame Rino for telling VG.  If Rino didn't tell VG, then blame her.

As far as what aired this season, the producers have hours and hours of footage. Keeping in mind that they may have had to eliminate some of the AC footage,  what aired was apparently (in productions eyes)  the "best" which doesn't say much for the season at all. I'm sure production thought they would have the ratings bonanza of the trial, but it didn't work out that way.  And  Teresa showed the viewers exactly what Teresa wanted the viewers to see. ("I'm a great mom, how did this happen to me, protect my family, I love my girls," etc)

In hindsight, it was a mistake to let the Laurita, Manzos and Wakiles go.   I think Bravo (Andy) has wanted Dina back for a long time, so out the door went the Manzos and Lauritas.   But Dina's refusal to air any dirty laundry, both about her family and her divorce, made her dull as dishwater.  

The new people had no history with Teresa.   Remember how silly Amber looked with her teary phone calls, etc to Teresa?  No one brought it because there was no history.  Now, contrast that to a possible scene in which Caroline Manzo is grilling (or even sympathetically asking) Teresa about her future .....the history is there, it's believable. Caroline knows Teresa and vice versa. Rosie and Joe Gorga are always gold together.   (Yes, there were the Gorgas, but they did not engage in the way I think production might have wanted- Melissa has even said that she refused to film a "reaction to the verdict" scene like the Wakiles and Lauritas did.)

Finally, other than Teresa, the only other story with any "drama" was the Rino/Santa thing, and I guess the hair-pulling. But no one really cared because the viewers are not really vested in the new cast members yet.

Personally, I'm not sure the show can come back from such a disastrous season.  Be interesting to see what happens.

• Love 3

I know people like to say Production gets mad about things but really. All Teresa G. had to do was send Teresa A. a text that says :I filmed with Victoria G today and this is what she said. I'm not gonna repeat it on air, but I want you to know now, in case it comes up in the future" What were they going to do, fire Teresa G? Of course not.

It's really easy. And while I don't ACTUALLY believe Teresa plotted with Victoria to spread the news Teresa has been on long enough she didn't come with mic pack on just to say hello.  Have a heart, quit lying and saying you would have laughed off the rumor and admit that at the very least, you could have kept Dina out of it, and put Teresa/Nicole ahead of it.

• Love 6

What's hilarious to me is Teressa didn't blame Jim and Amber at all (even though he screamed it at the Florida drunkfest)...only Teresa gets blamed as always.

And hey Teressa, since you talk incessantly about the "disgusting" rumor that you want quashed, why not go ahead and film you asking Rino if he did or didn't start it with VG?

Whether the rumor is true or not, if Rino did say it, that's disgusting and disturbing.

IMHO

• Love 5

What's hilarious to me is Teressa didn't blame Jim and Amber at all (even though he screamed it at the Florida drunkfest)...only Teresa gets blamed as always.

And hey Teressa, since you talk incessantly about the "disgusting" rumor that you want quashed, why not go ahead and film you asking Rino if he did or didn't start it with VG?

Whether the rumor is true or not, if Rino did say it, that's disgusting and disturbing.

IMHO

Teressa said that she forgave Jim/Amber because they apologized for repeating the rumor ON camera. All she wanted from Teresa G was the same sort of apology. There was NO logical reason for Teresa G to tell Dina ON camera, none, other than spreading gossip, ugly, nasty gossip at that.  And if anyone, I mean anyone, had ever said that about her, Teresa G, mother, Teresa would physically attack them and no one would be able to hold her back. JS

• Love 5

I know people like to say Production gets mad about things but really. All Teresa G. had to do was send Teresa A. a text that says :I filmed with Victoria G today and this is what she said. I'm not gonna repeat it on air, but I want you to know now, in case it comes up in the future" What were they going to do, fire Teresa G? Of course not.

It's really easy. And while I don't ACTUALLY believe Teresa plotted with Victoria to spread the news Teresa has been on long enough she didn't come with mic pack on just to say hello.  Have a heart, quit lying and saying you would have laughed off the rumor and admit that at the very least, you could have kept Dina out of it, and put Teresa/Nicole ahead of it.

Of course Teresa G knew that Victoria was going to say something - she's been on long enough to know that.  And really, all she had to do was walk up to Teressssssa at Dina's ladybug party and spill the beans on camera at an aside.  "Hey I don't know you from beans, but your old friend VG told Amber and me that your husband f'd your mom."  That's what Melissa did and the twins think she's a saint.  Do you think it would've worked for Teresa G? 

Somewhere someone wrote (here? above?) that Teresa and Amber wanted to text Teresssssa and tell her but production told them they were sworn to secrecy.  Don't know if that's true.  

I don't think Teresa G gave a shit about the rumor.  I think she told Dina to give her friend a head's up.  She knew it was already filmed, she knew Amber knew it and that Jim was her hubby and the twins were feuding with them, so BFD to tell it on camera again. She was almost resigned when she said it, so I wouldn't be surprised if production said, "Today Dina comes over and you tell her the rumor."

Whether the rumor is true or not, if Rino did say it, that's disgusting and disturbing

I do think he said it, and I think he was joking around, and Victoria Gotti knew he was joking but didn't care.  

• Love 4

Andy did an AMA today on reddit today. He was asked what housewife was the easiest to work with. He replied that many of them are easy to work with but Theresa is the easiest. I found that interesting.

Not surprised. That bitch will do anything for a buck. 

• Love 11

Sorry, having trouble using quotes.

Agree with above re Teresa knowing the rumor was already filmed. Teresa told friend Dina because Teresa didn't want the blame yet again and was still iffy about Amber and Jim. (Dina was prepared to tell Teressa but she didn't want to hear it...yet.) Teresa didn't go to Florida so Teressa needed to egg on Jim until he screamed it at her.

Disagree with accepting an apology excuses the blame. Plus I thought T and T were okay after the confrontation at the Ladybug event?

Re Teresa saying sometimes these things happen, could she be referring to how production will spring things on them?

Remember back when Teresa tried to give Melissa a heads up re the Lookers creep? She was probably supposed to do the same in Florida...

• Love 1

So we're finally limping to the end tonight? I'm also still limping to a working DVR, so will watch live tonight. Mr DC rudely interrupted VP Rules last night and feels bad about it, so promises won't happen for what could be the final episode of RHNJ.

Any bets? Where's Rhetorica?

• Love 1

I do agree that, as much as I can't stand Jac and Richie, that it was a mistake to get rid of the Lauritas, Manzos and Wakiles. Dina simply wasn't worth it. That said, you couldn't have paid me enough money to watch additional scenes with the twins and Amber. How can people with so much drama be so completely uninteresting to me is something I don't understand, but it's the truth. 

• Love 3

Do you think they got rid of Jac and crew for Dina or do you think they got rid of them because they had run their course?  Kathy was boring, the Manzos were gone for their own show, and Jac I think was done for Andy.  She had gone bat shit one too many times, and crying over her son was not exactly compelling tv.  Jac was a loose cannon on twitter with all of her "you know what you did, you better be quiet or I'll reveal the truth" stuff.  Teresa had cut her off.  There was no storyline for her.  I don't get the feeling that Andy liked her per se.  Not like he liked Joe Gorga. 

I don't think there was an ultimatum, like "Get rid of Jac, and I'll come back."  I think once Caroline was gone, Andy was more than happy to let Jac go, and let Jac do cameos over there.  It paved the way for Dina's return.  

Now it will be interesting to see if Dina signed a 3 yr contract or a 1 year.  Will she return or will she sit out of reality tv for 2 more years.  The test of the Bravo contract.

• Love 2

Joe Gorga wins the reunion - nope, no faxes or threats because I'm not a douchebag. Done and done!!

Sadly, he's a DBag too with his spray on hair and fake lifestyle as well. They all seem to forget their prior

seasons. All of them.

Then again, Im the douche...Im watching both this on tv & True Tori on my phone at the same time.

I'll see myself out.

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 10

Omg. I. Hate. Them. All.

Jumped the shark X 1000.

I'm getting a kick out of the 'report to prison date'.  1/5/15.  Don't know why, it just makes me giggle.  WireWrap ~ are you going to drive by the house to see how many TV vans are out there on 1/5/15?  So easy to type that - so easy to not forget it.

Sadly, he's a DBag too with his spray on hair and fake lifestyle as well. They all seem to forget their prior

seasons. All of them.

Then again, Im the douche...Im watching both this on tv & True Tori on my phone at the same time.

I'll see myself out.

Go to the Tru Tori thread....

• Love 3

I think we all know JoGo isn't on Twitter because it's way to complicated for him.....

As for Bobby, something about the phrase "absolutely 100%" screams liar.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 8

"Joe and I were just trying to make a living, we're human". Gesh. I rarely wish Ill will on anyone, but I do think this woman needs to serve some hard time and labor...

edit cause verbs should just get over it and agree

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 6

"Joe and I were just trying to make a living, we're human". Gesh. I rarely wish Ill will on anyone, but I do think this woman needs to serve some hard time and labor...

edit cause verbs should just get over it and agree

West Coast here...  Did she really say that?  I'm coloring my hair NOW so I can watch!!  Here comes Mr. Lablover.  "Honey, I robbed a banked so you can pay off the IRS.  We are just trying to make a living, we are human like Juicys."  Does Teressssssssssssssa pick at her boobs some more?  Juicy comes out of his Xanax cloud?  I'm in.

• Love 4

Sadly, he's a DBag too with his spray on hair and fake lifestyle as well. They all seem to forget their priorseasons. All of them.Then again, Im the douche...Im watching both this on tv & True Tori on my phone at the same time.I'll see myself out.

I'm really sorry about the True Tori thing. But I can also see myself out since I did read (and was somewhat entertained) by her books (thank you baby Jesus for Kindle on airplanes). All of us obviously have problems.

• Love 1

Miss Andy made it sound like this was it for the Jersey housewrecks. But I thought I read somewhere where Bravo was filming another season before Tre goes 'away'.

Remind me where that has been reported?

I think that the last 20 minutes of the reunion as much as confirmed there will be no next season of our beloved Real Housewives of New Jersey. I don't think production would allow Teresa or Dina to say they're not returning if Teresa and Dina were not, in fact, being released from their contracts due to RHONJ's cancellation (or placement on hiatus of an indeterminate length.) The flashbacks to Season 1 and general teary-eyed wistfulness were a way of saying the show is ending, IMO, without saying the show is ending. You don't see that on a normal Real Housewives reunion. Producers probably determined (correctly) that, without Teresa, there is no show. The only way of reviving flagging viewership numbers without Teresa would have been to put together Dina and either Jacqueline or Caroline with Danielle, and hash out the Manzo-Laurita feuds. Dina and Caroline are not willing to do this, so the show is - at least for all intents and purposes - dead.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 7