Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So, when is this storyline with Sarah running away with Rex going to be resolved and how long is Sarah going to be left without medical care while Kristen keeps her hidden away?  What an insult to Sarah and Xander--the fans of this couple deserve a better ending.

We really do. And I think Ron has moved on from Xarah as he thinks Xander and Chanel are a fun story

• Love 4

I only made it to the 30 minute mark today, before I got bored and turned the tv off.  Not interested in Xander/Chanel, and I wasn't even a Xarah fan.   I also got annoyed with Abigail yelling about Gwen again.  And Gwen apologizing to Chad got on my nerves.  Even Cin wasn't enough to hold my interest.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

• Love 5

Ciara: I never want to think or talk about Claire or Ben Weston again. Audience: Preach, sister!

Chanel thinks going back to stranger's hotel room alone is a good idea? A heavily intoxicated stranger? Brilliant life choices. Are we to believe that she's been a bit of a grifter this whole time, or just living off Paulina's money? Because if it's the former, she really sucks at it.

I think I'm just about done with this show. The writing has become so sub-par I just spend my lunch hour hate-watching this crap. (Yeah, I'll tune in tomorrow.)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I only made it to the 30 minute mark today, before I got bored and turned the tv off.  Not interested in Xander/Chanel, and I wasn't even a Xarah fan.   I also got annoyed with Abigail yelling about Gwen again.  And Gwen apologizing to Chad got on my nerves.  Even Cin wasn't enough to hold my interest.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

Me too. Can’t stand Chanel. What are are you doing with her and Xander? I’ve been fast forwarding and deleting  ahead of time for a couple of weeks now. It’s shocking to me because I haven’t done this in the past decades  that I’ve watch the show. 😞

• Love 3

Maybe this should be in the UO thread lol but I already love Xander/Chanel. Very interested to see where that goes.

I've been really enjoying Abigail lately. I like her when she's being kind of a bitch lol.

I'm not sure how I feel about Gwen being all remorseful and shit. I'm OK with it as long as they still keep her as a bit of a troublemaker but I fear we are now getting a 'redeemed' Gwen and I am not here for that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Do you think they could bottle and sell Ciara yelling at Claire and Ben? I needed a cigarette after that.

I would love it if more characters suffered a head injury, realizing that there are just some things you don't have to be polite about, and started screaming at Pyro and Chokey. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Isn't it interesting how us handful of viewers who post here don't agree on which characters/storylines are good and which are bad.  Makes me wonder what an online forum / social media would have been like back in the Super Couple era. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Damian said:

Do you think they could bottle and sell Ciara yelling at Claire and Ben? I needed a cigarette after that.

I would love it if more characters suffered a head injury, realizing that there are just some things you don't have to be polite about, and started screaming at Pyro and Chokey

I am SO glad I finished my smoothie before I read this comment. Brilliant.

• LOL 4
(edited)
38 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Isn't it interesting how us handful of viewers who post here don't agree on which characters/storylines are good and which are bad.  Makes me wonder what an online forum / social media would have been like back in the Super Couple era. 

The characters were clearly defined with their own motivations whether they were good bad or grey.   CIN would have never existed as a couple.  Steve was bad when he came on the show but they knew not to push him too far like the show did with Ben.. Victor and Stefano did bad things and paid a price.  Stefano's schemes against Roman cost him his daughter's life.  We don't  have consequences anymore, anything goes.. Kristen can do all the evil she wants cause she is a mother..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Chanel sees no problem with going into a strange drunk man's hotel room.

I'm tired of the CIN drama.

That was VERY uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 4

Forget about hooking up Ben and Claire, Marlena seems more interested in her serial killer then anyone else.

I might be wrong, but I haven't seen her in one scene with Sami since her return.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Forget about hooking up Ben and Claire, Marlena seems more interested in her serial killer then anyone else.

I might be wrong, but I haven't seen her in one scene with Sami since her return.

The only scene Marlena had with Sami was during the April Fool's Day episode. I can count on one hand the number of people Sami had scenes with since she return: dead Charlie, Rafe, Belle, Lucas, Allie and then Tripp. I don't count Henry because he is a blanket. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I think the internet/social media played a role in the demise of soaps(yes I'm well aware of the irony as I'm posting this) back then shows didn't get instant reaction to storylines like they do now or had to deal with stans of a soap couple nearly as easily.  

I don't mind Xander/Chanel as partners in crime but I hope they don't make them an actual couple.

• Love 5
(edited)

Marlena doesn't seem impartial to treat Ciara. Not regarding Ben, but regarding Claire. She did try to kill Ciara among other things. Marlena kept trying to get Ciara to not feel or be in the moment of Claire trying to kill her.

Theo should know Ciara is married and even though she doesn't know, everyone including he does. Anything with her is cheating.

Chad really should not have even let Gwen in. After all she did, her sappy apology after how psycho she  was is eye rolling. Gwen injected her with something that permanently damaged her, Chad and Jack need to stfu on pushing Abby to forgive.

Ugh at the forcing Xander and Chanel. Bring back Sarah. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Xander and Chanel should be a two minute thing. When he sobers up, he would encourage her to find someone more age-appropriate.

I was a bit uncomfortable with her being so okay with going to a strange drunk dude's hotel room. Was she invited to 'parties' when on her travels on mom's credit cards? She was lucky that Xander did not turn and assault her or anything. Mistaking a kilt for a skirt? It was a great moment when Xander was struck by her tragedy of her mother cutting her off financially. Don't give her the wallet or the credit cards. Not like she can use the cards unless he calls the bank to authorize it.

The Horton house looked a bit dark today. So Jennifer dealing with her mother's estate is taking much longer than expected? Maybe going through all of the stuff in the house to see what is valuable and can be passed on to family, sold, or donated. Yeah, bring up you and Steve having a hard road to get to where they are. Gwen and Abs may never be close.

I liked Gwen apologizing to Chad and then having a nice drink.

Good for you, Ciara, for screaming at Claire and Ben. Who would want anything to do with them? Theo is your friend, but he also knows that you are married, your memories are missing, and he can easily take advantage of you.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

It was a great moment when Xander was struck by her tragedy of her mother cutting her off financially. Don't give her the wallet or the credit cards. Not like she can use the cards unless he calls the bank to authorize it.

Actually, most times no one even looks at the card, especially if it's a chip card and you don't actually hand it over to the clerk.  It would be really easy for her to use his cards.  But, at this point, Xander doesn't really care about money.

• Love 3

I really don't get how they're writing Theo now.  I understand we're supposed to think that because Ciara is just so wonderful, of course Theo would still have feelings for her.  But what is supposed to be his plan?  Is he simply going to go along hoping Ciara never actually remembers anything that happened over the last few years and whisk her off to Africa where they'll start their wonderful life together? (It's pretty clear he's hoping she won't remember anything.)  I REALLY hope they aren't setting it up so that Ciara can now be hurt because Theo tried to "take advantage" of her because of her amnesia.  He's coming across as somewhat slimy.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe this should be in the UO thread lol but I already love Xander/Chanel. Very interested to see where that goes.

I'm a little torn.  In some ways, I think he's her best scene partner to date.  Especially yesterday.  And there were other times I watched them in the park and started thinking "stranger danger" in my head.  So we shall see where this story goes.  Although it cracks me up that she thinks Xander is going to lead her to riches since he no longer works at Titan, correct?

And while I normally don't recommend going to a strange drunk man's hotel room, this is a soap.  It's silly.  He's not going to attack her.  And if he did, he'd still be at fault even if she did go to his room willingly.  They just had a camaraderie moment.  She trusted her gut.  She was right to trust her gut...on her safety, that is.  Not on his richness.

I don't mind Gwen getting to a place to be apologetic but it feels confusing as "where did this come from?" confusing.   I found it funny that Abigail was talking about her grandmother being the only person she could talk to about her marital troubles and troubles with Gwen.  I get why she'd be reluctant to do so with Jack but what about her mom?  I used to think she was going to go crazy for Marci's maternity leave but now I wonder if she'll go help Jennifer.  Or she could go crazy.  Both options are up in the air.

I didn't want to watch Ben and Ciara and Claire but it's tough to skip them while watching on the app.  I also wanted to see how I'd react to Ciara yelling at them.  I really thought I wouldn't enjoy it because I don't like Cin--and not in a "I hate them so it makes happy to see them arguing" way but in a "I just don't want to see them doing anything together" way. 

But you're right, Ciara was the most enjoyable she has been in ages.  I'm also a little torn on whether or not I think Theo is taking advantage of her.  Ciara doesn't have her memory but she has been told everything that happened to her  over the past few year and still doesn't remember even though she remembers most of her life.  Does that make her incapable of entering into another relationship?  I don't know.  For all Theo knows, she may never recover those memories.  Or, if she does, she may not be able to so easily discard that feeling of "eww him" now that she has sat with those old feelings for a while.

And hell yes, this performance by VK is why I've always thought she could be a great soap heroine.  Chemistry with most men.  Great hair.  And just spirited enough.  The smug related to Ben brings it all down.

But goodness, what the everloving hell was wrong with Ben and Claire, especially Claire?  Rushing to camp outside of Ciara's room while Marlena hypnotizes her?  Give her some space.  And is Claire already in love with Ben?  "Hate me all you want but don't do this to Ben."  She expressed that sentiment multiple times.  Sheesh. 

And Ben, alleged love of her life would prefer her dead than look at him as if he were the "necktie killer" (which he is.) Really?  She has back over 90% of her life in memories but it's not worth it if she doesn't remember the 10% related to you? 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9

I too thought Victoria Konafel did an excellent job in her scenes today: very intense as she displayed shock, horror & disgust at both Ben & Claire.  Meanwhile, put me in the camp of "Ewww" with Xander & Chantel....WHY would she go into a drunk man's hotel room, it makes her seem not very bright....and how old is she supposed to be?  College age...early 20's...she acts very Juvenile.  

• Love 3

I am so sad watching this every day. I cancelled by subscription to Stack which let me watch live at work (I know, bad girl!) and as of tomorrow I will be just doing the pvr thing. I can't imagine sitting through any CIN scenes ever again once I don't have to, and I don't care who killed Charlie and I loathe Allie's soft voice so that will be going as well. I am interested in Gwen and Jack but that is mostly due to 30 year (!) affection for Matt Ashford. And I love Xander but I am so angry that they tanked Sarah to put him with Chanel. It is pointless and cruel to those of us who were invested in seeing them at least get married. Oh, forgot Kristen. She can die a thousand deaths. I hate her and that we are supposed to think she is a fun villain. She literally put Sarah in a box injected with god knows what and shipped her off to some island with no care for what damage she might have inflicted on her and that her mother will never see her again. I also have no interest in Lani, Eli, Paulina, Abe and that clan. I do love Abe and he tones down Jackee a bit but none of this is interesting to me. Oh and finally the fact that the only people we see having love scenes now are Jake and Kate is also not making me want to tune in.

I really need a break from this show again 😞  

• Love 7

Did we really need to see on screen vomiting complete with it splashing all over an actress? 🤮 

Ron’s so immature. Next they’ll be a plot point or gag a character has upset stomach and he’ll show a brown stain on their pants or audibly fart in a scene. 

the actress who plays Allie has extremely wide shoulders. I noticed it before when she was standing near other cast members and while walking through doors. 

I think Gwen’s pregnant. Hope she cuts down the drinking. She’s been knocking them back as recent as this week but already at the stage of morning sickness and banged Chad / for prego like 2 months ago, not good. 

• Love 7

Theo has always shown to be caring sweet friend and I don’t want that to change.   I do not feel he is taking advantage of Ciara.  His talk with Julie I thought showed he he was very concerned about Ciara getting her memories back since many were not happy.  
   Maybe next next time Marlena hypnotizing Ciara she can take her back to when Ben tried to kill her. Leaving out the brainwashing and the fact he could not go through with it 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Did we really need to see on screen vomiting complete with it splashing all over an actress? 🤮 

Ewwww.... Gross ...  Yuck ....   so glad I decided to skip the show today and putter in the garden.   🌻

So who got sick?  Xander?   If so, serves Chanel right for going into a drunk's hotel room.  But still... so disgustingly gross. 😠

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Ewwww.... Gross ...  Yuck ....   so glad I decided to skip the show today and putter in the garden.   🌻

So who got sick?  Xander?   If so, serves Chanel right for going into a drunk's hotel room.  But still... so disgustingly gross. 😠

No, Gwen barfed on Abby. To be fair we have all felt the urge to do that many a time

• LOL 13

I ff'd through yesterdays show and managed to stop on the scenes where Ciara went nutz on Claire and Ben while Marlena stood by, apparently imitating some sort of human/robot hybrid trying to remember what a normal reaction would be to this trio of lunatics.  

Nothing VK does now will ever be enough for me to do anything but shudder when she's on screen and nothing RSW has ever done in this storyline will ever make me see his character as anything but a homicidal six-pack but I did have hopes for the new Claire.

Not anymore.  After she spewed that bullshit about "forget about forgiving ME but please remember BEN" crap she can take her cloying self-effacing nonsense and see if there's an opening for a Salem Town Square Whipping Post.  Get a goddam GRIP, Claire.  EVERYONE has wanted to kill Ciara at one point or another.

And apparently Ron C. wants to kill the show.

I feel sorry for the actor playing Chanel but I feel WAY sorrier for us having to watch.  At least she's getting paid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

No, Gwen barfed on Abby.

I don't know if this would be feasible in-universe....but what if Gwen is pregnant from her Night of Infamy with Chad?  That happened on New Year's Eve, right?  So in-universe, how much time has passed?  If 4 months (like it has IRL), wouldn't Gwen know she's pregnant by now?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I don't know if this would be feasible in-universe....but what if Gwen is pregnant from her Night of Infamy with Chad?  That happened on New Year's Eve, right?  So in-universe, how much time has passed?  If 4 months (like it has IRL), wouldn't Gwen know she's pregnant by now?

I think it's around March? It's fairly close to current time.

I've known two people who did not know they were pregnant for at least 4 months. Continued to menstruate, etc. so it is possible. Especially in a soap.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Ron’s so immature. Next they’ll be a plot point or gag a character has upset stomach and he’ll show a brown stain on their pants or audibly fart in a scene. 

the actress who plays Allie has extremely wide shoulders. I noticed it before when she was standing near other cast members and while walking through doors. 

I think Gwen’s pregnant. Hope she cuts down the drinking. She’s been knocking them back as recent as this week but already at the stage of morning sickness and banged Chad / for prego like 2 months ago, not good. 

Thank you for saying that it is gross to see vomit spewing out all over the other actress....I thought maybe it was just me being too 'sensitive"....they could have showed Gwen doubled over & had sound effects, but they did NOT need to show yellow guck running down the actress legs...sheesh

• Love 6

I read a recap somewhere because I'm not getting the show.  Didn't Gwen herself speculate that she's pregnant at the end with Jack?  So she probably is.

And eww to the vomit.  Soaps used to be a safe place where we could avoid the actual spew of spewing instead of someone running to the bathroom.

Will not watch. 

One thing I did like yesterday was Jack talking about how long it took for he and Steve to get to a good place.  Too bad we rarely see them together.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I read a recap somewhere because I'm not getting the show.  Didn't Gwen herself speculate that she's pregnant at the end with Jack?  So she probably is.

Yes, she did, so she almost certainly is. They're not gonna have her wonder if she's pregnant and then not be lol. All I have to say is, please let Ron wanna be 'topical' and have her get an abortion. 

The vomit was so nasty. And even though you could tell EO didn't actually spit that out of her mouth onto MM, it still made me shudder. Yesterday, PT actually took a drink after the Chanel actress and I was so squicked out.

Speaking of, I was bummed we didn't get any Chanel/Xander follow-up today.

I love Gabi again and I am so thankful for that. I'm enjoying her and Phillip, although I can't really understand why Phillip is playing this game with her.

• Love 6

Phillip is lonely and wants to get laid. Gabi being hot doesn't hurt and he seems to enjoy annoying Kate its a win all around.

I don't mind them as a fling but I don't want them to fall in love or anything.

I didn't even watch this episode but I heard about that Gwen/Abby scene I hoped Marci got paid extra that day.. 

• Love 5

It's a shame they made Gwen Jack's daughter for this silly foolishness. Jack is a complex character and the writers could have drawed off a lot of the rich history and the struggles he's overcome to get to where he is now. Matt is one of the most talented actors on the show and they refuse to utilized on it.

This stuff with Abigail and Gwen is just plain stupid and boring.😴

• Love 5

Yeah its contrived and of all the characters Jack having a long lost kid makes the most sense(compared to Steve, Paul via John, etc) however they took a potentially soapy storyline and made it mundane. 

Laura was sacrificed and Jennifer/JJ are nowhere to be found in this storyline(as if their existence has been erased) along with Steve, Kayla etc. 

I'm glad JJ is nowhere around this storyline but you neuter the drama with this storyline(as well as many others)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The vomit was so nasty. And even though you could tell EO didn't actually spit that out of her mouth onto MM, it still made me shudder.

It makes me shudder just reading about it.   This better not become one of the "gotta see it again" flashbacks. 😠

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/7/2021 at 5:41 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda had a feeling you might say this.  The look on Chanel's face when Xander handed her his wallet was hilarious.  The best laugh I've had all week.  

Does anyone remember why Paulina cut off Chanel's access to her credit cards?  I remember the scenes but can't recall the reason.

Another vote for Gwen's Apology Tour feeling like it came out of nowhere but I figured it was going to hit a snag in some way, shape or form.  Wasn't expecting a pregnancy but I like the idea.  Gwen-Vs-Abigail is one of the few things I still enjoy about the Show.  

The vomit didn't bother me.  I've seen worse on better shows than this.  

At least they had Ava openly talk about how she left her dead son on the floor of his apartment.  It's still Plot-Line-Stupid that she'd leave him there, especially if she thought her beloved Tripp killed him, but it was nice to hear her acknowledge what she did.  

• Love 4

Jack needs to shut up with the trying to force Abby to be with Gwen and even shake her hand. After all Gwen did to Abby, drugging her. Abby shouldn't have to be anywhere near her. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jack needs to shut up with the trying to force Abby to be with Gwen and even shake her hand. After all Gwen did to Abby, drugging her. Abby shouldn't have to be anywhere near her. 

I agree. Jack is annoying me. He has every right to build a relationship with Gwen, but I draw the line at forcing Abby to forgive her or be nice to her. He needs to have more understanding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jack needs to shut up with the trying to force Abby to be with Gwen and even shake her hand. After all Gwen did to Abby, drugging her. Abby shouldn't have to be anywhere near 

It's ridiculous.

• Love 6

Wouldn't Gwen retch a few times before spewing? It can happen but surely there could have been a garbage can nearby. Ewww to having it project to another person. Gwen may be irregular, or she's been stressed, or any number of reasons to not suspect a pregnancy. She's also been drinking a bit. I would have blamed the upchuck on the alcohol. Sure was convenient when it was about Laura.

Jack can build a relationship with Gwen but not expect Abs to just hug her and welcome her in to the family.

Gabi, sure, tell Rafe that Ava left the house on murder night. Everyone who knew Charlie should be hauled in to talk about when they arrived and left at the apartment. At least Ava was open to Rafe about telling her son that she did love him. If they do get involved, they would be a surprising pair and that he does bring out a better her.

Kate didn't look all that great. Seemed to still be suffering from her headache.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

You’re not alone, I’m a reluctant fan. Lol

....weeee don't take kindly to yerrr type in these here parts, noooo sirrrreeee!

😉

3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Gwen-Vs-Abigail is one of the few things I still enjoy about the Show.  

I so wish it were Kate Mansi though. She's the one with fangs...

...or at least an oil can and matches...

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Does anyone remember why Paulina cut off Chanel's access to her credit cards?  I remember the scenes but can't recall the reason.

I don't recall it being super detailed.  I just think she got tired of paying for Chanel to just bum around, charge her travels and not work.  I think it's similar to what Sami and Lucas tried to do to Allie when she first got to town except Kate then gave her a credit card.

The goal was to put her in a situation where she felt she needed money so kind of plot pointy.

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

I don't think he should require them to be buddy buddy but I can see why he'd say they need to lay down their weapons and call a truce. Gwen did poison Abigail but then Abigail kidnapped Gwen. That kind of tit for tat/escalation doesn't end well.

• Love 6

Is it too late to retcon Charlie's murder and pin it on Ally?  Prison couldn't possibly make her more dour or less interesting.  And I'm all for someone setting up Nicole to be sent away to prison, too, if she shows up one more day with that ridiculous hair-do.  

I don't like Rafe but even be doesn't deserve Ava as a love interest.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

I find Abbys spinning out of control very sad.  She is letting her grief and anger take over and it obvious she needs help.  IMO The actor playing Abby is doing a wonderful job with this.  In her mind Gwen wanted to destroy her family succeed it then then killed her grandmother. No one is listening her pain and thinks she should just move on and accept Gwen.   How could she possible do that ?   Why are the people she loves not supporting her?   The more they push her to just accept and move on the more the pain is taking over and anger and revenge are taking its place.  She really needs her mom or brother to talk to. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I find Abbys spinning out of control very sad.  She is letting her grief and anger take over and it obvious she needs help.  IMO The actor playing Abby is doing a wonderful job with this.  In her mind Gwen wanted to destroy her family succeed it then then killed her grandmother. No one is listening her pain and thinks she should just move on and accept Gwen.   How could she possible do that ?   Why are the people she loves not supporting her?   The more they push her to just accept and move on the more the pain is taking over and anger and revenge are taking its place.  She really needs her mom or bother to talk to. 

If Ron had any talent as a writer, he would have written Steve and Kayla into this storyline.  Both of them dealt with the fallout of Jack their biggest enemy was in fact Steve's beloved baby brother Billy.  The baby brother he longed for.  Nobody pressured them to forgive Jack. It was a journey for Steve and Kayla individually and collectively as couple filled with heartache misunderstandings and learning how to truly forgive and move on..  Jack too had to face his own demons and he too had to learn to forgive himself and a part of Jack never did. It is why he has always been his own worst enemy, he does not believe he deserves any type of happiness in life because of his ugly past.  It was reinforced when Abigail was diagnosed with cancer as a baby due to Jack's illegally dumping toxic wastes into the environment.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10