Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If Days wants a token gay couple they should forget Wilson and go for Lani/Kristen. They have more chemistry with each other than Elani/Bristen do.

I would bet money Ron wants this.  I would bet money that Stacey wants this because she has been playing it up. 

But if the intervention behind the scenes is as bad as they say, TPTB won't let this happen. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The show tries to downplay what he did but yeah this is the first time she boldly said it.

No, it wasn't the first time she said it. After she remembered what  happened, she confronted him, and her and Chad were on their way to the Salem PD to press charges for rape. But Stefan also threatened to press assault charges on Chad so she dropped it.. And she also asked Gabi  how she could let her believe that her daughter was the product of rape.  But you're right, the show tends to play what happened  fast and loose..

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If Days wants a token gay couple they should forget Wilson and go for Lani/Kristen. They have more chemistry with each other than Elani/Bristen do.

If this was a British soap they would totally go there but the U.S. Soaps still seem pretty homophobic.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Sidney said:

No, it wasn't the first time she said it. After she remembered what  happened, she confronted him, and her and Chad were on their way to the Salem PD to press charges for rape. But Stefan also threatened to press assault charges on Chad so she dropped it.. And she also asked Gabi  how she could let her believe that her daughter was the product of rape.  But you're right, the show tends to play what happened  fast and loose..

I forgot about that but they tried to play fast and loose with it and I'm glad they didn't this time I hope it stays that way.

• Love 4

Sarah is a huge hypocrite. She has no problems letting Xander play daddy to her baby, but somehow Kristen doesn’t deserve her own child. Before someone says “Kristen stabbed Victor”, Xander shot Marlena at her wedding. Not to mention making Nicole think Holly was dead. If Kristen is ex-communicated from seeing her child, then so is Xander.

Xander is not a perfect guy to be sure but comparing him to Kristen? In my opinion there is no comparison. Killing Haley was an accident? No she was upset and took it out on someone and that in the very least is manslaughter. She did in fact take a life. Was stabbing Victor an accident? Was offering to finish him off an accident? Was raping Eric an accident? Did she accidentally steal embryo's? Much less all the stuff she did to Marlena and Susan.

I used to love Kristen, but this mess? No thanks. Xander is flawed to be sure but at least he was actually trying to change. Kristen has only changed in Brady's pea sized brain.

Certainly and unfortunately, Mickey will have to go to Kristen and Brady. That's facts. I know it, but it doesn't mean I like it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Lani is the absolute worst. How is she allowed to still work as a cop? She gets an attempted murder confession and because said killer is her former nun bff and lays her hands all over her face she lets her run to potentially attack Sarah for taking her kid? Ugh

And I don't care how much the show tries to make me feel bad for Kristen and that Sarah is going 'bad'. I will never ever support that maniac getting the baby back. I'm team Sarah all the way. Rex is kind of sanctimonious too; like Sarah said he just takes it as gospel that Kristen 'has changed'.

I wish she would phone Xander and take him up on his new identity offer, but she won't

Team Sarah all the way. Kristen does not deserve a child, poor Mackenzie. Kristen is pure evil and Brady her baby daddy is a weak man.

If Ron wanted to do something different then he should have Lani and Kristen discover their burgeoning attraction for each other and go for it.. Soaps used to do that back in the day build on an unexpected couple's surprising chemistry and change course.. Jack and Jennifer were not planned neither were Kim and Shane. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Sarah should call Xander, get a new identity and take off with Mickey. She has probably wanted to clonk Rex a few times.

Thought Lani and Kristen would start to make out - more believable than her and Eli and Kristen and Brady.

Sure, Kristen should get her baby back. Along with regular scheduled time with a social worker. Change, shmange. She hasn't changed at all, really.

Liked Gabi slapping Jake and him figuring out who she was courtesy of Ben and Ciara.

Yeah, Chad and Abs, you have no evidence that Gabi is drugging Abs. Why would she at this time? Lots of other people were in the restaurant and Abs had a hallucination at home. A lot of people at DiMera could access that drug, or anyone, really. You can't blame Gabi for everything.

I did enjoy the hallucination scenes.  Abs' past is coming back to haunt her. Too bad they can't find an EJ lookalike!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Oh please Kristen.  If you don't get this baby, you'll just go steal another one, you've done it before.  

Lani is so utterly charmless and an even worse cop than Rafe.  Eli and Brady need to stop thinking with their little brains.

Abby's hallucinations were very well done and KM did a good job.

Rexy Rex, never turn your back on a crazy person. I'd think he'd know this already, seeing who his mother is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I would bet money that Stacey wants this because she has been playing it up. 

Why would you bet that's what Stacey wants? Is she gay in RL?

4 hours ago, MsTree said:

I hope not. She's been married to the same man for over 20 years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Abbys mental illness doesn’t just disappear like Bens.  It was interesting that the reason Chad believed her due to her not hiding anything.   
Rafe did throw it out there that it could be Chad drugging her.

chad has been acting very strange since he has been back in Salem.

Abby hallucinations included Ben, Stefan  and orpheus.  Ben, Stefan make sense.  Why Orpheus?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

The Gov. of NJ interrupted the show yesterday, so I need to watch it on demand but on today's episode the highlight were the Rex/Sarah scenes.  I liked that he kept appealing to her innate kind nature and there were a couple times I thought she was going to crack but then her anger would just resurface and she'd double down on her insane plan. I also kind of love that Kristen's violent nature has not only been acknowledged but that there are a fair amount of people who are genuinely worried about a tiny child being left in Kristen's care.  

And I wish I could say that Lani's actions surprise me but they really haven't.  Lani has proven to be a selfish hypocrite in the past and she's proving her worth to her bestie by helping Kristen hide from the authorities for attempted murder.  Funny how disgusted both of these former would be nuns were when Gabi worked to get out from her attempted murder charge. 

I sorta loved Maggie's fellow inmate just tossing out a "Sorry about your old man, Maggie"--I think I would have loved it more if she'd been called "Mags"--and Maggie really put the screws to Xander didn't she?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Funny how disgusted both of these former would be nuns were when Gabi worked to get out from her attempted murder charge. 

Salem: If we didn't have a double standard, we wouldn't have any standards at all.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Good scenes today between Sarah & Rex...he was appealing to her good nature, but she is consumed with grief & anger...the end scene where she was explaining to Rex about what her Mother did was very intense.  I also liked the scenes between Xander & Maggie.  Xander is consumed with guilt.  Suzanne Rogers at the end as a shocked Maggie was great...Maggie realizes what she did the night her grandchild was born. 

• Love 9

Felt so bad for Xander today. Victor orchestrated this whole thing and now he has to be the one bearing the brunt of telling Maggie. AND he has lost everything; Sarah, that little girl he loves, and probably his job as Victor will turn on him now for telling Maggie. 

Sick of Lani and Kristen's 'we are above the law' crap. I hate them both but especially Lani who is a terrible cop. Kristen at least is certifiably insane although she will never be committed to any institution.

Heart breaking for Sarah again. Her situation is impossible. Is it awful I am still hoping she is pregnant so she and Xander can get something out of this mess?

• Love 9

Wow those Abby hallucinations were VERY scary! I REALLY hope it's not Chad, or a part of Chad he's not aware of, or something. 

I skimmed through Lani and Kristen cause I knew the outcome -- I can't hear Kirsten whisper-screaming any longer. Nope, not doing it. 

And Kayla's hair suddenly looks much better! 

That's all I got. I'm a day behind, lol.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I sorta loved Maggie's fellow inmate just tossing out a "Sorry about your old man, Maggie"--I think I would have loved it more if she'd been called "Mags"--and Maggie really put the screws to Xander didn't she?

All I could think was that she must be the prison busybody, buttinski, kind of like Julie is the town busybody, buttinski. Or that they are distant relatives.

Lani should never be allowed to polish a police badge ever again, let alone wear one. She's a disgrace to her oath and dumb enough to believe that Kristen wouldn't turn around and throw her under the nearest bus if needed. These stupid writers will probably give her a promotion and a nice raise.

• Love 13
(edited)
On 5/1/2020 at 9:23 PM, Silver Raven said:

He brought Jan Spears back on the digital series.  She was a gleeful villain.

yeah , but she is like a low level villain who only terrorised Shawn , Mimi,Chloe and Belle . Orpheus on the other hand escaped from jail and terrorised the whole town . not to mention the cops he killed when he was arrested and sent to jail for bank robbery.

NOBODY IN THEIR right mind would grant this guy immunity -especially bureaucratic people like the head of the ISA who has just succeeded his corrupt predecessor . His rivals within the agency would use this info to have him removed once an internal politically conflict between two opposing factions gets underway . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

Brady called Victor a career criminal? That is very rich coming from him especially when you consider the fact that Brady has no problem staying in Victor's mansion and working for his company . Basically, Victor made Brady financially successful . 

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

I have no idea what her sexuality is but the reason I say that is because of how touchy feely she has been in her scenes with Lani.  Friends can be touchy feely too but I don't know, I just get this vibe from the intimacy she's creating in her choices beyond writing that makes me think she knows what she's doing.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

Basically, Victor made Brady financially successful . 

Yeah, that high horse ya got there is a mite tall for you, Ill-Gotten Gains Bonehead Black!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I liked Holly calling Eric 'dad'. Eric, you should be proud that Holly considers you to be her Earth dad. Any man can be a 'father', but not a 'dad'. And that Nicole asked Eric if it was okay for her daughter to consider him her dad.

Surely the cops know that almost everybody goes to the Hideout Motel. That's the first place to look! Eli, you know that Lani is Kristen's friend and will help her.

Brady, stop lying. Uncle Vic has already told the cops that Kristen stabbed him.

Poor Xander, having to tell Maggie everything. He still kinda sees her as a mom to him and it was very hard to fess up, knowing how much hurt she will feel. Good job by both actors. The show should use the vets more - they bring so much to the table.

The hospital where Rex worked would give him a day lenience to not show up. Granted, he would have to call to say his flight was cancelled. With jet lag, he would need a day to recover. Sarah has become a bit er, derailed.

• Love 12
(edited)

I really enjoyed today's episode. 

Suzanne Rogers was terrific and so was Paul Telfer.  I think he's always better when he shares scenes with her.   Maggie was not going to let him wiggle out of the truth and watching her force him to his knees till he told her what had happened was good tv.

I also thought the Sarah/Rex scenes were very good today.  LG did a very good job, I thought, portraying Sarah's rage and hurt.  We could see her so close to the edge, yet there wasn't one thing she said about that nut job Kristen I disagreed with.  Same with Kyle Lowder's sexy Rexy Rex Rex, another good job.  I love the humanity that KL gives Rex, even with all his flaws.  In fact, while he may not be a good guy to date, I think he's a better guy than pretty much every other man in Salem. Even more than the sainted serial killer, if you can imagine anyone being a better person than Ben.

Miracle of miracles, it was a good day for Nicole and Eric, too.  He'd put away his high horse and Nicole was neither brittle or begging anyone, even him, for forgiveness.  More of that, please.

Of course, we had Brady trying to prove he can be dumber than a box of rocks and succeeding, and Eli restraining himself from kicking the dumbass in his waxed bits.  No matter the right and wrong of it all, giving that kid to that lunkhead Brady and the rabid loon, Kristen really would constitute child abuse.

No day can be without it's dark side, so we had to see the utterly charm-free Lani pledging eternal friendship to Kristen.  Reason being, what exactly?  That motherhood trumps all, including attempted murder?  Or that the two of them bonding while mooching off the nuns at the convent  is the basis for friendship?  Or is that like recognizes like?  Whatever. 

If those two flapped their bat wings and flew off into the night it'd be fine with me.  Eli should realize that a blow up doll would have be a more dependable partner than Lani will ever be.

Stacy Haiduk is a good actor.  When she played the dual roles of Patty Williams and Emily Peterson on the Young and the Restless, she was terrific in both roles.  I can see her trying to do her best here, too, but portraying Kristen Dimera is a thankless task.

I can't wait to see more of Maggie's reaction, as well as Sarah and Rex.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

Times like these I'm glad JJ and other characters I like that are long gone or barely get airtime aren't featured... there's not a lot of good things I can say about this show and not even in a fun snarky way either. 

Its bad when I find Ericole a highlight. Probably because they are sincerely happy, have self awareness, and are acting sane at the moment. Holly is cute(did she get recast?) The family scenes were cute despite the low budget and reminded me of when soaps used to feature those. Just shows if they really care they can make these type of scenes happen.

• Love 8

It's kind of difficult to argue against Sarah's logic.  As far as she knows, Brady stabbed Victor and is going to jail.  That leaves BSC Kristen to raise poor little Mickey.  I am on board with Sarah leaving the continent and starting over.  She just needs Victor to help her...whoops!

I did laugh when Rex pointed out that Sarah was acting crazy also, as in she bonked him and has him tied up.

golden girls rose GIF by HULU

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Xander is consumed with guilt.  Suzanne Rogers at the end as a shocked Maggie was great...Maggie realizes what she did the night her grandchild was born. 

Xander should be consumed by guilt. And then a gila monster, if possible.

Sarah and Maggie are the only ones I feel anything like sympathy for; even though I can't help feeling, to some degree, each is the author of her own misfortune. Not that Sarah deserves to lose a child (let alone twice over) but she can't be surprised by anything Xander might do. Linsey Godfrey and Suzanne Rogers continue to grind my heart into little fragments.

• Love 8
On 5/4/2020 at 7:02 PM, Pearson80 said:

Team Sarah all the way. Kristen does not deserve a child, poor Mackenzie. Kristen is pure evil and Brady her baby daddy is a weak man.

If Ron wanted to do something different then he should have Lani and Kristen discover their burgeoning attraction for each other and go for it.. Soaps used to do that back in the day build on an unexpected couple's surprising chemistry and change course.. Jack and Jennifer were not planned neither were Kim and Shane. 

Say wut?!   This is news to me. Do you know who the original couples were supposed to be? [J&J are my OTP on this show. They were the first I really and truly 'shipped. To some extent, they got superseded by Lawrence/Carly(Katerina) - if you can call them a "couple"]

• Love 3

Oh My!  Maggie is tearing my heart out!  That last scene where Maggie realizes what she has done & then collapses in Xander's arms...Bravo Suzanne Rogers!  And Lindsay is also making me tear up as she is just cannot give up Mickey...she is devastated & whoa when she ties up Rex again!  Drama plus +

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Once again, the Sarah/Rex and Maggie/Xander scenes were the highlight of the episode.  I especially loved how Sarah teetered between her worry for her mom and her own anger regarding her mom's culpability in Mickey's death and I also appreciated that Rex was such an advocate for Maggie and that Sarah needed to get back to Salem so that they could support each other in their grief.

If I was Eli, I'd be deeply worried with how easily Lani lied to his face, without even a trace of remorse and yes, her true detective ability is calling up her brother and having him figure everything out.  What a winner she is.

I like that Zoey's doing her level best to help her brother but she's still an officer of the court so she can't say that Christian didn't kill Jordan when she knows for a fact he did and she also tried to  intimidate a witness when she threatened Sonny.--the chick needs to be more careful or else she's going to get disbarred.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

Well, if Zoey has done her homework she would know that Rafe assisted Hope Brady by covering up how she shot Stefano a few years prior. That would establish a precedent for him abusing his power.

I still can't get used to the sight of Orpheus just walking around in jean jackets. I can't think of any faster legal turn around in the show's history than him confessing to murdering Jordan and then immediately getting immunity because of some vague ISA intervention. That all happened in the same afternoon! Completely redonkulous.

I wish they had directed Lindsay a bit differently and written the scenes a little differently during this whole storyline because there's been no calm before the storm. Her breakdown the last two days has been absolutely wonderfully acted, but we saw so much yelling and crying and nose-wiping before this that it's starting to feel really repetitive. I think we would have been better off without those scenes of her up in Mickey's bedroom talking to the baby. If they had just cut from her walking out on Xander to her being in France it would have been much more effective. She's obviously determined to hold onto this child, logic be damned, so I feel like after Xander dropped the bomb on her, she would have just marched up to the bedroom, taken one look at Mickey, packed everything up and left town without a word.

I really loved the scenes yesterday between Eric, Nicole and Holly. I absolutely want more of that kind of stuff. The writers have made those two so miserable for so many years, we could absolutely use a good month or two of them just canoodling and being nice to each other and themselves. It was also really fun to see Greg acting goofy with the actress playing Holly. That felt natural and so different from how tightly wound and reserved Eric usually is. I still hate the fact that her last name is Jonas though.

I feel really sorry for Suzanne Rogers, because you can clearly tell she lost weight during the storyline. She gave an interview saying it was so stressful for her that she dropped a few pounds, and that's never good for a woman of her age. I appreciate her commitment to the material though. She has definitely been breaking my heart.

Does anyone else find it weird but also get a kick out of how they'll repeat a scene at the start of an episode that was already shown at the end of the previous one? At the end of Tuesday, Xander's words provoked a very dramatic and sobbing reaction from Maggie. But then today's episode started with Xander repeating those same words in a second take and Maggie was calm, cool, collected and trying to put all the details together in her head. We don't normally see such different reactions from the actors between those two takes, so today was kind of an interesting thing.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

[SNIP]

I still can't get used to the sight of Orpheus just walking around in jean jackets. I can't think of any faster legal turn around in the show's history than him confessing to murdering Jordan and then immediately getting immunity because of some vague ISA intervention. That all happened in the same afternoon! Completely redonkulous.

Forgive me, as I only recently started watching again, so I missed the whole Orpheus-gets-immunity portion (and lead up including Jordan's murder). If there is a legit confession on file (immunity be damned) about Jordan's murder, how is someone else on trial for it?

I realize the simple answer is "Salem".

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Witness intimidation is another thing that a lawyer can get disbarred for, Zoey.

So not only is Lani helping Kristin to get away, but so is Eli.

What is Sarah's end game with Rex?  Is she going to leave him to die of starvation in the apartment?

49 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Yes. Because he didn't like her. You know, that 'ol clear cut open and close case prosecution.

All she has to do is to put an iota of doubt in the jurors' minds.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Forgive me, as I only recently started watching again, so I missed the whole Orpheus-gets-immunity portion (and lead up including Jordan's murder). If there is a legit confession on file (immunity be damned) about Jordan's murder, how is someone else on trial for it?

I realize the simple answer is "Salem".

Christian's confession was with Ciara holding a gun to his head.  It got thrown out.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Say wut?!   This is news to me. Do you know who the original couples were supposed to be? [J&J are my OTP on this show. They were the first I really and truly 'shipped.

Jennifer was just starting with Emilio when the actor left to film something (Fame, I think) but the plan was for him to come back. TPTB decided to have her intern at the Spectator* to fill her story during his absence.  Enter Jack as her boss/mentor.  Actors could be more playful then. Fans liked their vibe and it redirected the direction of the story.

So no, the plan wasn't to put the virgin with the rapist but they're my OTP too so I'm glad they did.

*This was back when stories, good stories, could come out of workplace situations.  An event would impact relationships but you'd also have cops/reporters being brought in through investigating it.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

What is Sarah's end game with Rex?  Is she going to leave him to die of starvation in the apartment?

That's what I was thinking, too. I was like, is she just going to leave him there to die? That's going a bit too far lol.

27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Christian's confession was with Ciara holding a gun to his head.  It got thrown out.

Why is Chris on trial though if his confession was thrown out and Orpheus confessed to the murder? I've been only getting half of the eps lately so I missed what happened there.

• Love 3

[Sarah's] breakdown the last two days has been absolutely wonderfully acted, but we saw so much yelling and crying and nose-wiping before this that it's starting to feel really repetitive.

I agree. Also, she is rubbing her nose so much and every time I'm just like,

comedy central brooke dubek GIF by The Other Two

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why is Chris on trial though if his confession was thrown out and Orpheus confessed to the murder? I've been only getting half of the eps lately so I missed what happened there.

Orpheus only confessed to the kidnapping of David.  He couldn't have confessed to the killing of Jordan because he was in custody when it happened.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I feel really sorry for Suzanne Rogers, because you can clearly tell she lost weight during the storyline. She gave an interview saying it was so stressful for her that she dropped a few pounds, and that's never good for a woman of her age. I appreciate her commitment to the material though. She has definitely been breaking my heart.

THIS is why they should use the vets as more than just props.  Suzanne is KILLING it with the story line.  Just because the actors are old doesn't mean they should be relegated to either stupid middle-school type plots involving interlopers and triangles or used as background only.  

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really loved the scenes yesterday between Eric, Nicole and Holly. I absolutely want more of that kind of stuff.

Yes!  If EVERYTHING is DRAMA there is no rhythm, or up and down.  It doesn't seem like the writers are capable of having anyone have small moments.  Everything is dialed up to an 11. 

Edited by DaphneCat
Grammar.
  • Love 6