Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

We missed the first part of Show because of a Gavin Newsom press conference.

Shut it, Abby, you of all people have no right to criticize "people in this town."

What is Nicole wearing?

Damn, I love Gabi.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 2

I really hate the DiMeras. The nerve of Chad to excuse Kristen killing Haley due to her grief of losing her baby. Wow, so I guess if someone is a grieving parent then they must be forgiven for their crimes? Then that means Sarah should be forgiven and shouldn't face any repercussions for absconding with Mickey, since she too is a grieving mother, right, Chad?

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I hate having no compassion for Kristen but I just don't. I want her to STFU. Was she really going to go and grab the baby from Sarah with no regard at all for how the BABY would react to being smothered by a hysterical stranger?

Right there with you. I'm so sick of her and her crying over "my baby...my daughter...our daughter." She really doesn't care about the trauma that baby is going to endure being ripped away from the only mother she's ever known and being handed over to that crying overbearing psycho. Because for Kristen, this is all about Kristen. And of course, she would lunge at the pilot for simply doing his job and flying Sarah to where she ordered. By all means, let's give the baby to the unhinged woman who likes to resort to physical violence when she's angry. 

• Love 11

Agree with you ALL.  Hate that Abigail, of all people, was the voice of reason regarding Kristen.    "That was years ago, and she's changed."  I'm guessing Chad would completely accept that argument from Ciara?  Or if someone tried to say that about Gabi?

And Kristen, so sweet.  No wonder Brady loves her.😕

New guy (Li?) is very good looking and was, at least, introduced in an intriguing manner.  Does that mean he probably won't stick around?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Does that mean he probably won't stick around?

If he doesn't commit a felony within the next few days, he probably won't stick around for long.  There are standards to live by in Salem, USA.  I did appreciate the surprise of a new character showing up.  I had no idea who was going to turn around in that chair.  

After weeks of showing us the softer side of Kristin, I'm a little surprised they've taken her in such a shrill and annoying direction so quickly.  I was enjoying the break from the Rage-O-Holic variety of Kristin.  

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What is Nicole wearing?

And weren't they at the Police Station?  

• Love 6

Won't happen, just as it did not happen with John with Roman and Marlena's kids (and it should have, IMO!), but Sarah needs to sue for custody of Mickey (that's what I still call her, damn it!). Kristen is a fucking LUNATIC and doesn't deserve a pet rock, let alone a baby.

(And I know Roman and Marlena were not at fault for not being there for their kids, but John was the only parent they knew. He should have at least sued for visitation. Imagine the story that could have provided for the entire Brady clan way back when? Oh, well.)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Shut it, Abby, you of all people have no right to criticize "people in this town."

That applies.. to everyone in Salem I found Abby rather reasonable and she usually isn't. I don't get why people expect her to be sympathetic towards Kristen she did kill her brother's GF and is well aware of how Kristen is and doesn't expect her to be a good parent to that child. Sarah is family of course she thinks Mackenzie is better off with her.

ETA: While I did find myself agreeing with Abby it also fell flat to me as I don't think Sarah/Abby interacted (or did I miss it?)

Li Shin is hot but he'll never be a true leading man on this show unfortunately.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 8

I love the guess that Lawyer Sis's baby is the real Mickey Horton. If for no other reason that I love the name for a baby.

And I believe that Evan Christian is Marlena's son from her time with Orpheus but he'll be retconned to be John's because that's what the do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

How many unknown offspring can John have that Marlena can just accept with no issues?

Young Shin is kinda cute although he does sound like he was educated in America. I liked Gabi's red shoes.

Abigail, please invest in a hairbrush and brush your hair. You looked like you just jumped out of bed and rushed to DiMera Enterprises.

You and Gabi aren't two aspiring saints. Both of you have done some er, stuff.

Abs, you do not have to defend Kristen in that it has been years and she has change. Anyone can change for a day or two. She still, through the pain of her baby's loss, killed a hospital nurse. Accident or not.

At least Victor got to stand today for a minute or two. Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to tell Maggie that she also killed her granddaughter by driving drunk.

Xander looked pretty good at the hotel, with Victor watching him. Of course Sarah is not going to stay in London - so easy to hop the Eurostar and go to Paris or Belguim, or whatever.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Well hello Li Shin!

Flirty Reaction GIF by moodman

Quite! He was like JJ, Paul and Xander and Chad all rolled into one. And he was nice and warm!

...so obviously Gabi will never get him 😞

Even even though I knew they were filler seems, it was nice seeing Sonny and Will and Abigail and Chad reflect on the events in other people's lives.

Does does anybody else have a really hard time swallowing Chad's intense dislike of Gabi? I mean, he dated her and slept with her and had feelings for her and all of that was pretty genuine. I know she hasn't been a very good girl lately, but Abigail almost straight-up murdered three people. Why Andre was the only one to die I can't say. Abigail nearly offed all four of them. The point is, I always felt like Chad had genuine affection and sincere feelings for Gabi and I don't think that those have gone away no matter how much he claims otherwise. Maybe it's just because I don't like his wife though LOL I fully admit I'm biased there.

I hope I hope we get a scene or two where's Sarah pieces together that her mother was involved in MacKenzie's death. Although now that I think about it...was she? She caused the accident, but have we heard anything that suggests that the accident really affected the baby? It just seems like the baby started to die for no particular reason after being born.

Kristen's weird dress was totally inappropriate for the circumstances. I wouldn't think she would dress herself nicely to go to the police station to find out where her kidnapped baby is. Jeans and a sweatshirt would have probably sufficed and helped tell the story a little bit better. Instead it looked like Kristen styled herself for her panic attack.

• Love 8

Ugh, Kristen is making me f'ing nuts. My daughter lost a baby in a stillbirth and has never, ever behaved as awfully as this woman. I have no idea why Brady is willingly attaching himself to this banshee. I know, I know, the baby. But god, what kind of life will this be for any of them? And Brady, you already have a  baby, Tate, remember? God, sometimes I hate this show. 

• Love 9

Second hand embarrassment for Gabi today.   Abby I liked you yesterday.  Should have known that would not last.  Chad and Abby come across so Smug.  Why is Abby attached to him at work?

kind of loved Zander telling Kristin to get off her high horse.   

• Love 9

Yeah, Gabi is dialed up to 11. Isn't a good look.

Please don't let Julie be the one to blab to Maggie - who's probably feeling borderline suicidal at this point - that she killed both Adrienne and Mackenzie.

• Love 3

Whoa....there was some intense Drama today!  Kristen slapping the daylights out of Xander actually made me chuckle.  Brady confronting his Grand-father was good drama.  The nosy neighbor in Paris...sheesh!  Sarah should not have let that lady in the apartment!  Poor Maggie....Suzanne Rogers is such a good actress, she made me teary-eyed today. 

3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Ugh, Kristen is making me f'ing nuts. My daughter lost a baby in a stillbirth and has never, ever behaved as awfully as this woman. I have no idea why Brady is willingly attaching himself to this banshee. I know, I know, the baby. But god, what kind of life will this be for any of them? And Brady, you already have a  baby, Tate, remember? God, sometimes I hate this show. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's loss, that has to be the worst Heart-ache. But, I am sure your daughter did not go stab somebody!  Kristen is such a horribly written character that I cannot find any sympathy for her....I realize that its awful she lost a year of her child's life, but she is acting like a complete Pyscho!

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's loss, that has to be the worst Heart-ache. But, I am sure your daughter did not go stab somebody!  Kristen is such a horribly written character that I cannot find any sympathy for her....I realize that its awful she lost a year of her child's life, but she is acting like a complete Pyscho!

Thank you, Buckeye 🙂 It was in 2017, so some time has passed, and we were lucky enough to welcome her healthy sister, Mackenzie, last May. I just wish I could see them every day like I did before this damn virus!

• Love 5

Was I the only one who saw the smug look on Abigail's face when the two thieves stole her company from her.  Sure hope she enjoys what is coming to her.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

What I want to know is why they’re acting like she hasn’t stolen a baby herself - and why they’re acting like she didn’t try to steal a baby again as early as a year ago, from Sarah herself? 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

What I want to know is why they’re acting like she hasn’t stolen a baby herself - and why they’re acting like she didn’t try to steal a baby again as early as a year ago, from Sarah herself? 

Well Xander reminded her today thankfully. And a lot of the audience who seem to have forgotten from what it appears on other forums I visit

• Love 7

I mean Dimera keeps stealing from Gabi regarding her company. Originally she joined DE with the promise of big payout when Gabi Chic was going public and Andre fired her just before that just to get his hands on her company. 

When Stefan was CEO, he refused to give back her company.

When Chad was CEO and claimed that he wanted to make up for the fact that his mentally unstable wife framed Gabi for murder, he still kept Gabi Chic rather than give it back to her.

So when Gabi was made CEO, she finally thought that she would not lose her company as she was in charge.

But Chad is back, and once again is keeping what seems to be the only profitable business in Dimera Enterprises.

When Gabi was released from prison for killing Nick, she rebuild her life and started her own brand and developed a business that had both Dimera Enterprises and Titan fighting to have her join their ranks. 

It looks really ugly that the only Latina character who actually built something from scratch who keeps getting screwed over by rich and spoiled men who only had their jobs as CEO's because their last name was Dimera. Not out of any merit or skill.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, Gabi is dialed up to 11. Isn't a good look.

Please don't let Julie be the one to blab to Maggie - who's probably feeling borderline suicidal at this point - that she killed both Adrienne and Mackenzie.

They only bring Julie out to cause trouble and then after causing trouble she pretends she is not about causing trouble.  Julie had the latest gossip and wanted to share it with poor Maggie.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

OMG, you're right, and I forgot about that!

• Love 4

I hate Dimera Enterprise and the idea that Stefano would leave business decisions up to a board. Shin has way too much say in a company that was started by a guy that kidnapped people for sport and used the money from that company to do it. His son being good looking does not change anything.

Also, Stefano just spent months terrorizing the people of Salem in a body he kidnapped but Shin chose his son, who was recently brainwashed, to be CEO? If we are to believe this company is legit with shareholders, no way would they choose Chad.

I am also tired of the never ending story of Gabichicc being kept from Gabi and why Shin is now determined to also keep it from her. Is it the only company that makes money at Dimera?

And why is the Dimera house still owned by the company? Why does Gabi have to leave just because she doesn't work there? I really just want this family to leave. Once Stefano died, it should have been the end for them. Gabi is the closest thing that family has to a true Dimera and she isn't even blood.

Get ready for months of Brady justifying why it was ok for Kristen to stab Victor. Worst yet, John and Marlena might join in. 😥

• Love 9

There were a lot of truth bombs being dropped today and I especially loved that both Chad and Kristen had some ugly facs thrown their way.  Good for Li Shin for pointing out that Chad had the company handed to him while Gabi built her brand from the ground up and good for Xander for reminding Kristen that she was going to steal Sarah's unborn child.  

Julie's needlessly gloating and Abby's little pleased smile at Gabi's firing were so unnecessary and cruel--yes we know Gabi hurt Abs and Julie but aren't they supposed to be the nice characters?  I've heard about bad things happening to people I don't like and I've never once smiled or cheered--I guess it helps that I have a soul and they don't :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 13

Because it can not be said enough, STFU, Julie!

The smug on some of these Salemites is really not a good look.

I swear I thought that was Missy Reeves playing the French woman. After all, this show is on a shoestring budget.

Thoughts and prayers for Victor. 

#TeamGabi

#PleaseletanyoneraisethatpoorbabybutKristen

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I don't think that Sarah can be charged with kidnapping since they never did anything legally, so technically, Sarah is the baby's mother. I am not sure why she is pretending to be Abby, though. So, the only apartment in all of Paris happens to belong to Chad and Abby??? How did she get the keys?

And Kristen was wild and crazy, but she's changed, so is it new crazy?

I liked Brady telling Victor off. He was exactly right and I hope that when Kristen stabs him (because she has changed), he won't get all mushy and forgive him. I imagine there will be a blackmail discussion like Vic can't name Kristen as the attacker (because she has changed) and Brady won't name Vic as being involved in the baby swap, which means Xander will take the fall.

But, I also think that Sarah's baby is alive and was switched with Zoey's baby who must have died.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Julie is such a heinous witch.

I like Victor's purple tie.

Li Shin claimed that he came to Salem to talk to Gabi and Chad to see who was the best fit to run DiMera, but he already had decided to dump Gabi.  So he lied.

Shut up, Abigail.

Xander should have pointed out Kristen stealing Tate right out of Theresa's womb.

• Love 12

I understand Sarah needs someone besides the baby to interact with while on the run, but damn, that neighbor lady was super nosy. And that accent was laughable; I hope she won't be making a reappearance. 

Why is it okay for Kristen to keep smacking Xander's face just because she's angry. I guess because she's a woman it's okay?

Kristen looked pissed but in control when she shoved the knife into Victor's gut. What's gonna be the excuse for this latest violent act? How long is the hysterical mother excuse going to be used? At some point that BS needs to stop and she needs to be arrested for her continued physical assaults. 

Also, I don't find it entertaining watching an able-bodied woman corner and stab a feeble 80-something year old man who can't even stand up, much less fight back. Ugh.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, lb60 said:

I swear I thought that was Missy Reeves playing the French woman. 

I thought the same thing!

Shin son is cute but his face is too smug for my tastes.

I'm gonna ignore the bullshit with Gabi and instead focus on how much better she looked than Abigail because I'm petty like that!

I think I fast forwarded everything else lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I imagine there will be a blackmail discussion like Vic can't name Kristen as the attacker (because she has changed) and Brady won't name Vic as being involved in the baby swap, which means Xander will take the fall.

Oh, good point.  I wondered why the Show felt it necessary to have Kristin take another shot at killing someone, when they rarely use these things to develop character.  But it makes sense that they'll use it as a way to sweep a bunch of crimes under the rug all at once.  

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm gonna ignore the bullshit with Gabi and instead focus on how much better she looked than Abigail because I'm petty like that!

Do you think Camila Banus does her own hair and makeup?  Because Kate Mansi's hair looks pretty bad for someone who's on a television show.  I've started to wonder if Lauren Koslow does her own hair and makeup, because she usually looks better than most of the other actresses when she's on screen.  

It was fun watching Kristin and Xander go at each other.  It's nice when two morally bankrupt characters get to rub each other's noses in their own stink.  

I feel like we've watched Brady and Victor do that You're-Dead-to-Me song and dance before, so that fell a little flat for me.  But perhaps it was meant to be an example of how we all fall into repetitive patterns, if the Show is bold enough to make such an observation.  Maybe none of them can make real changes in their lives, just like the sands falling through the hourglass.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

It looks really ugly that the only Latina character who actually built something from scratch who keeps getting screwed over by rich and spoiled men who only had their jobs as CEO's because their last name was Dimera. Not out of any merit or skill.

Didn't she use Eduardo's dirty money he gave her to make it happen? Or am I misremembering.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Julie's needlessly gloating and Abby's little pleased smile at Gabi's firing were so unnecessary and cruel--yes we know Gabi hurt Abs and Julie but aren't they supposed to be the nice characters?  I've heard about bad things happening to people I don't like and I've never once smiled or cheered--I guess it helps that I have a soul and they don't :):)

It doesn't matter how nice a person is if they have no regard for you why should they for them?  Gabi booby trapped Julie's heart for over a year and had no remorse over it. Same with Gabi gaslighting Abby and drugging her while pregnant.

I agree I wouldn't consider Julie/Abby nice but Julie isn't really painted as a nice person though. 

Abby has been in the past though but I don't think she's been during this stint.

• Love 2

So I am supposed to feel sympathy for a woman who lashes out in violence all the time? I should want this woman to raise her child? And what happens when Rachel or Brady angers her and she hurts one of them - will it be that she was just upset and shouldn't be held responsible?

I cannot tell you how much I despise them trying to get me to be on Kristen's side - it is not going to happen. It didn't work with Ben and it won't work for her.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I've started to wonder if Lauren Koslow does her own hair and makeup, because she usually looks better than most of the other actresses when she's on screen.  

Her husband runs hair and makeup.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

The French Jennifer lookalike sure was pushy to get in to Chad/Abs' old apartment. And thinking Sarah was Abigail. I would have escorted her out and that I was not available for a visit.

I enjoyed Xander and Kristen's face off. Both having questionable past deeds going at it. No one was really winning.

Too bad Gabi lost her job and company. Shin was fast in changing the GabiChic lock. Was that Stefan in the window? Abs and Chad were just too smug. Chad does not deserve the job. Surely the stupid DiMera Board can actually post a position for a qualified person to run the company and not some sad sack famiglia one. What happened to Abs' job as a reporter?

Julie, shut up. First you need to blab to Maggie in jail and tell your big see-cruds, Will saves the day, and then you trot to Horton Square to run in to your least favourite person in Gabi and go at her again. You need a different hobby or to go back to your restaurant. Gabi is cranked up to 11 but so is Julie. And it's not fun or entertaining any more. It's like the Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote.

Don't feel sorry for Kristen. She did not need to stab Victor. The baby would be better off with Sarah and Xander raising her.

• Love 15

Every family's got one.  Every family has that member who just HAS to be the first one to announce the bad news to near and far.  Sometimes it's with real sympathy, sometimes it's so fake you can taste it, but no matter what, that person's real pleasure is being the one to TELL people first.  Julie was practically licking her lips at the chance to see Maggie's reaction to the bad news about Sarah.  The only reason she let Will talk her out of it was that, belatedly, she saw how this whole thing might back fire on her.  

What a dear she is.  How unkind of me to hope she would walk into traffic the whole way back to Salem.  Yep, I'm sure she drove, but I can see her stopping the car on the highway and shouting the news about Sarah to passers by.

Then she's stalking around the Square, hoping, I'm sure, to scare away birds and small children, perhaps find things she could report to the police and there was Gabi!  Yeah I know Gabi tried to kill her (which bothers me a lot less than most, I admit) but wouldn't most people, running into someone who tried to kill them NOT taunt them, just move on as fast as possible?  You have to be a special kind of dumb to try and antagonize somebody who already wants you dead.  If Gabi had brained her with that metal flower, I'd be her alibi.

Kristen, what a wonderful mother you're going to make.  

Little Rachel is going to learn SO much from her dear mommy on how to live in the world

For instance, Kristen will teach the little one what to do with unexpected guests.....

giphy.gif

"Now fetch Mommy her rubber gloves and hacksaw, darling, we need to clean up before Daddy Brady gets home.  Don't tell Daddy that Grampa Victor stopped by".

It's gonna be beautiful.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 20
  • Love 4

I will say it again: Sarah should get custody of poor Mickeyrachel. Brady has the brain function of an amoeba and Kristen? Kristen deserves a nice cage where all the animals go, nut and criminal that she is.

I'd love to find out this kid is not hers but yet another embryo she stole. She deserves NO HAPPINESS, Ron! NONE!

Let Sarah get the real Mickey back. She can raise them as twins.

• Love 14

Me whenever the writers try to make me feel sorry for Kristen's bitch ass or Kristen gets all preachy or when Brady's dumbass says "she's changed" or literally anytime Kristen is onscreen nowadays:  

image.png.5bee4581e0ab7dae63d70499f8c0efac.png

Edited by TeamGabi
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

I forgot Kayla! Honestly though, her hair normally looks decent, she just has a bad cut right now. The other ones I mentioned have shit hair and makeup pretty consistently so I just always assume the makeup/hair department hates them. And obviously wardrobe hates almost all of the women lol.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Holy fuck I can’t stand the smug coming off of Chabby. They are so unpleasant. Go back to Paris, both of you. 

Yes, but at least today Gabi not only called them on it, but wiped the smug off Chad's face by threatening to sue.  He blathers on about how he can run DiMeara competently, but he went running to Li Shim fast enough, didn't he?

The writers always have Gabi doing some pretty terrible things, but manage to make it so that I, for one, can't seem to dislike her.  If they're capable of doing this for one character, why can't they do it for more of them?

• Love 10