Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I did but I guess I wasn't clear. This show makes me rage.  🙂 But while "Gina" may try to seek Greta, this ISN'T GIna, in the real sense. This IS Hope. Gina is dead. The whole thing is like mind rape. It's nasty.

Got it!!! I totally agree with you. This Gina is more Stefano's version of Gina. 

Ironically, the real Princess Gina did get over John and even fell in love with Bo. I was hoping this one would follow suit. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m starting to dislike Chad and actually don’t find him as attractive anymore. He and Jar Jar were not needed for TJ, there was enough story to go around. 

My guess as to why they brought back Chad/Abby 

Spoiler

The show got rid of JJ and Haley so Abby was returned so J&J could have a spawn on the show since they don't care about JJ much. Haley only existed to be his love interest which was rather unfair to the character but I digress...  that and they underestimated Stabi being popular as an item and figured we would want to see another resurrected triangle of Abby/Chad/Gabi.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Man, trying to watch yesterday's show on nbc.com, and the ads keep freezing up and not continuing so I can watch past a few minutes.

It’s so frustrating. I see these interruptions, trying to find eps on demand or streaming, etc. hurting the show’s chances for renewal. 

• Love 2

So the Salem PD don't have a photo of Mackenzie/Mickey and issue an Amber Alert? Most of the cellphones and the TV/radio should have had an alert message.

William, you really don't want to take on Clyde Weston. Ben was doing you a favour.

I did like Sonny and Chad's lunch together. Nice to see two friends for a change. The DiMera mansion living room seems smaller.

Abigail is supposed to help Eve because of what Gabi did to St. Abigail? Abigail has done a lot of crappy stuff that she got away with and continues to live her charmed life. Abigail should want to help Eve because she believes that Eve was framed and would be looking for the truth (as a reporter).

Ciara, Xander will come back for his locked briefcase. Better watch your back, girl.

• Love 6

Did I miss something?  Did Ben tell Ciara about the kidnapping and Ciara told no one?  If so, why does this show want me to hate her?

I'm loving Deirdre and Kassie together.  They look like they're having fun.

Why would Gina agree to be commissioner again? 

• Love 7

Why when Ben and Ciara had info of that Sarah’s baby was being held by the close friend of a child molester/pedophile and drug dealer they didn’t tell the authorities? Surely the thought of an infant girl being minded by a creep in some flop house or crack den or being sold into trafficking means more than protecting Ben? 

I believed Xander when he held Sarah and said with rage when he finds out who took Mickey he’d kill them and I could tell Sarah did too and was a little moved by that. 

People don’t get moved out of solitary confinement because of “good behavior” Ron and Clyde. Chances where they placed Clyde there since prisoners aren’t kind to rapists and pedophiles, when I worked at a law firm I had to get a deed and documents executed by a prisoner in solitary protective custody and not even his attorney was able to see him face to face for signature. I think he ended up signing by mail and they were notarized by my boss after the fact 🤫

I thought Eve had a point that if Abigail had even a shred of doubt then that means Jennifer’s attempted murderer was loose and could try again. That was a logical comment. 

Gina’s constant threats for “Steffy” not to peek at his portrait are getting annoying and weird. I guess it’s to imply he doesn’t know what he looks like now or some bullshit but just lock in up when you step out or not paint the picture and all and keep it moving. It’s stupid to listen to. 

If she’s Commisioner for months now why does she keep referring to Rafe as “that Hernandez man” like a stranger and mystified each time he calls her, bruh he’s your employee. 

• Love 8

Well Lindsey Godfrey had me in tears.  I’m ready to knife someone myself for stealing the baby.  Ciara, every second you hold off telling Rafe what you know, you condemn your soul.  I hope Xander gets the baby back.

I assume “Gina” took the job to ensure she could control the police when she does nefarious things.  She has some ‘plan’ after all.

Rafe, you are the WORST detective ever.  You were married to her.  Between you and Ciara, your inability to see that Hope is not Hope is mind boggling.

Eve had a good argument today to sway Abigail.

Sonny, go to therapy, don’t go on dates.

• Love 10
On 11/20/2019 at 2:30 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah I didn't like how Kayla had to have her life on hold yet Steve had another long lost kid that Kayla had to accept especially one that attempted to kill her? I think it would've been a better story to have Kayla be married to a great guy who loved her and Stephanie as his own and they even had a kid of their own in the process. Your scenario sounds way better than Days in general I would've much preferred that storyline for them. Instead we got Tripp who is a blip in Days history.

It was Dena's attempt to solidify Ava Vitale's Legacy by attaching her to a  Legacy character like Steve. 

Tripp was unneccesary. Lucas Adams should have been cast as Steven Hawk ,son of Benjy Hawk . 

Lucas Adams shares quite a striking reSemblance with Jim Lunsford ,who played adult Benjy. 

Steven showing up in salem that time would have made sense since he would have naturally wanted revenge on Andre for murdering his father.

Or Steven would have come to salem for Stefano's will reading and he finds out that Stefano has left him with millions of dollars as restitution for Andre murdering Benjy. 

Instead of Tripp donating the Vitale fortune to the Hospital, it would be Steven donating the millions he got from Stefano . 

Anyways Steven would live with Kayla and Steve while they try their best to prevent him from Crossing over to the dark side during his revenge mission.

Instead of Tripp trying to kill Kayla,we could have Steven kidnapping or trying to harm Kate to get back at Andre ,since Kate was married to Andre. Or alternatively ,they should have paired Andre and Ava thereby uniting the Vitale /Dimera crime organisations . 

Anyways ,we could have Steven trying to harm or kill Ava to get back at Andre with Steve racing against the clock to stop his namesake from commiting a terrible mistake ir something like that. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why was Hattie offended that Eve said she looked so much like Marlena, when back in the day, she actually underwent plastic surgery so she COULD look like Marlena?

That was a Rolfe/Stefano plan, no? I think Hattie just went along with it/was used and discarded. (I think they originally introduced this plotline only to drop it abruptly)

I'll be honest and admit that...yes....I don't hate the Gina stuff. I like the build-up to the portrait. I like KA as a sort of villainess. It's not great of course....but I don't mind it. It would be much better if she was in some gilded Chateau, however.

I did think that Chad would see a glimpse of Gina walking past the computer screen while they were playing chess, though.

Is Sarah really so hard up for a date that she would convince herself Xander is an appropriate parental figure for her poor child? Also, wouldn't she be finished with maternity leave a year after giving birth? She should be back at work again shouldn't she?

I like Ciara's hair flat-ironed. I hadn't noticed she put on weight at all but I'm glad if she has. I remember her being very thin when she first came aboard. After watching Olivia get thinner over time, it's kind of nice to see an actress be comfortable enough to go in the opposite direction. She looks great.

I think it says a lot about her mental state and priorities, though, that she's backstabbing her grandfather to scheme with her serial killer boyfriend about how to get him free from prison, all the while her mother has been brainwashed and dressing like a lunatic for over a year. Ciara....dude....get it together.

...hold up, weren't they dropping massive anvils just before the time jump that Ciara was pregnant with Ben's baby? Remember how abnormally hungry she was?

Okay, I have a theory that the last two months or so before the time jump were full of stories that were revised, aborted or replaced. There were just too many weird changes for it to be a coincidence. Do you think maybe Corday or the network jumped in and said "no, you can't give Ciara a serial killer's baby, Ron!"

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The DiMera mansion living room seems smaller.

It's the study, the room where Stefano was murdered by Hope. It seems they packed up the full DiMansion set to make room for some of the other new sets. Every time they do that, they bring out this tiny study and it stands in for the whole DiMansion.

• Love 4

If "Stefano" is a Salemite with a memory chip, he can't reveal himself to Chad, ever. It would only work if he's someone that Chad has never seen or met. I don't expect Ron to do this, though (I've seen speculation and possible spoilers about this).

• Love 1

I'm falling behind, dammit! Never realized how much I fast-forward this show until I couldn't suffer through an on demand version for more than 15 minutes. Plus, I'm immersed in the impeachment hearings -- I'm glad they're being televised despite my annoyance that I can't keep up with Days, lol. It won't last forever 🙂

• Love 5

I've watched in my cable"s app on my phone and I find if I let it play through once, I can "rewatch" and fast forward. So I've let it run on mute while doing something else, like sleeping,  and watch later.

I do not like the "no FF" trend.  It used to be that only commercials were unskippable but now it's the whole darn show. 

• Love 3

Couldn’t the authorities trace the gps from Clyde’s texts to Xander to his cell? 

Xander could always do what the rapist and Serial Killer father son duo want and admit he killed Jordan but use Sarah as an alibi or know there’s no circumstancial or dna evidence at the crime scene and just walk. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Xander could always do what the rapist and Serial Killer father son duo want and admit he killed Jordan but use Sarah as an alibi or know there’s no circumstancial or dna evidence at the crime scene and just walk. 

I wonder if he's going to confess to something completely different from killing Jordan.  Wouldn't it be funny if they admitted to framing Will for killing Adrienne and he got out of prison instead of Ben?

Way to be a judgemental bitch Jennifer.  I had been liking her lately so I HAD to know it wouldn't last.  Apparently Justin is simply supposed to spend the rest of his life alone.  And hey, let's pile on Kayla without having absolutely ANY facts.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I wonder if he's going to confess to something completely different from killing Jordan.  Wouldn't it be funny if they admitted to framing Will for killing Adrienne and he got out of prison instead of Ben?

Way to be a judgemental bitch Jennifer.  I had been liking her lately so I HAD to know it wouldn't last.  Apparently Justin is simply supposed to spend the rest of his life alone.  And hey, let's pile on Kayla without having absolutely ANY facts.

I don't buy Jennifer would be that upset I mean sure her and Adrienne were friends but I think she would be more understanding than Jack would. She also just woke from a coma and finds out everything has changed. 

I don't think she expected Justin to be alone but probably venture to someone else not related to them. If anything I wish one of the Brady's reacted this way to Shane/Kayla but nope.....

Maybe Jennifer is one of those online fans who don't like Jayla lol.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm so glad someone else said it. They were super careful about not really naming anyone during that conversation - just that they sent an innocent man to prison. Xander and Victor are too obvious for what happened to Jordan, especially since Ciara & the serial killer suspect them. I think today was a hint that they really did frame Will. I'm gonna need a whole lot of people to go apeshit on those two when the truth is revealed, and it will be, if that's the case.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Aaaaaaaaaand, they're off, Jennifer and Abigail running neck and neck in the judgemental, My Shite Doesn't Stink Sweepstakes.

After Abigail yesterday and Jenn today, that mother/daughter duo makes each other worse just by being in the same town.  Can a family slapping tour of Horton Square be far behind?

I'm all for matching comas, they'd look adorable.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I never really thought about that, but it would be a good twist. And keep Cin apart for a while longer. And free Will just as Sonny getting interested in a new guy.

But ... if Victor/Xander didn't kill Jordan, and Clyde *apparently* didn't either, who did?  Her mystery baby Daddy, maybe?

• Love 5

There was a lot of crying this episode.  Poor Sarah was almost hyperventilating she was crying so hard. Maggie sure was calm and supportive.   Jennifer finding out Adrienne died.  Yelling at Kayla and Justin.

The only bright spot was at least Eric kept his good looks in the time jump.    

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I saw nothing wrong with Jennifer's reactions to Justin and Kayla. 

For her, it's literally like it was yesterday that Justin and Adrienne were happy, in love, and renewing their vows along with her and Jack.  For Jennifer, it's not been months since Adrienne died and Justin and Kayla started connecting.  It must understandably be a shock and difficult for her to process.  Jennifer must also be experiencing her own trauma as a result of someone attempting to murder her, so hearing what happened to Adrienne is forcing her to deal with her own near-death experience and losing a year of her life.  Her rational mind isn't what's driving her at the moment.  It's still the trauma of her own experience coupled with the shock and devastation at losing someone she cared about. 

All understandable in my opinion.  Not something that can simply be reduced to "ugh! she's so judgmental!"  She'll likely come around once the shock of it wears off and she's had the same time to process everything that everyone else has had.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't think she expected Justin to be alone but probably venture to someone else not related to them. If anything I wish one of the Brady's reacted this way to Shane/Kayla but nope.....

Actually, the Shayla romance offended Papa Shawn who was not happy with Kayla. He voiced his opinion and said that Shane belonged with Kim.  Rojohn took Kim's side and Bo took Kayla's.  Bo empathized with Kayla because they both lost the loves of their lives and were trying to be happy again. Bo with Carly and Kayla with Shane.  He was not happy about Shayla because he knew that hurt his big sister Kim but he never judged Kayla.  Rojohn confronted Kayla about it as her big brother and Kayla said some nasty things about Kim.  She even called her a whore, knowing that Kim was a victim of childhood sexual abuse and incest.  It was the only time that I disliked Kayla, talk about character assassination.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

For her, it's literally like it was yesterday that Justin and Adrienne were happy, in love, and renewing their vows along with her and Jack.  For Jennifer, it's not been months since Adrienne died and Justin and Kayla started connecting.  It must understandably be a shock and difficult for her to process.  Jennifer must also be experiencing her own trauma as a result of someone attempting to murder her, so hearing what happened to Adrienne is forcing her to deal with her own near-death experience and losing a year of her life.  Her rational mind isn't what's driving her at the moment.  It's still the trauma of her own experience coupled with the shock and devastation at losing someone she cared about. 

All understandable in my opinion.  Not something that can simply be reduced to "ugh! she's so judgmental!"  She'll likely come around once the shock of it wears off and she's had the same time to process everything that everyone else has had.  

I think you're right when you say about Jennifer that  Her rational mind isn't what's driving her at the moment.   But then again, I don't think Jennifer has enough experience using her rational mind to have anything more than a learner's permit.

I hope the time jump won't be a return to the past for her.  We had quite enough of Jennifer the Righteous stalking Salem during the Dr. Dan years and today was a potent reminder of her during that time.

• Love 10

Jennifer probably will calm down about Justin and Kayla once she processes some of the time that has gone by since she was in the hospital. It did come off as self-righteous, but it is understandable in the short term.

Ciara, you do call the police about the apparent kidnappers' location. You are not Nancy Drew. Your eavesdropping on Xander and Grandpa will come back to you.

What is Xander going to admit to doing?

Sarah was pretty good today. Maggie was being a calm, grounded mom to her.

Clyde sure has a lot of friends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Actually, the Shayla romance offended Papa Shawn who was not happy with Kayla. He voiced his opinion and said that Shane belonged with Kim.  Rojohn took Kim's side and Bo took Kayla's.  Bo empathized with Kayla because they both lost the loves of their lives and were trying to be happy again. Bo with Carly and Kayla with Shane.  He was not happy about Shayla because he knew that hurt his big sister Kim but he never judged Kayla.  Rojohn confronted Kayla about it as her big brother and Kayla said some nasty things about Kim.  She even called her a whore, knowing that Kim was a victim of childhood sexual abuse and incest.  It was the only time that I disliked Kayla, talk about character assassination.

I must've missed these scenes because I really don't recall them at all. Maybe I was too busy not only blocking out Shayla but that horrific haircut Kayla was sporting. At least this time around Kayla has great hair.

If only they were on YT so I could watch.

• Love 3

Renewed!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2990406b2d552027230f

Jen’s rage and critique over Kayla and Justin being former in-laws who are now dating is rich from a Horton. Julie married her stepfather and her daughter married her ex lovers brother and her son banged his dads ex wife while dating her daughter then the dad later remarried her. All of the ones she holds more dear have “kept it in the family” so to speak. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I don't think she should've been more upset over that than Adrienne's death but beyond that her reaction wasn't that bad to her he just married Adrienne and now she's gone. 

I think it would make more sense for Jack to be more upset since its his brother's wife and his sister's husband. Jennifer would've been the more understanding one because of the family history her mom also was married to Mickey and Bill.

• Love 4

Bonnie’s tell all was a short book.   

Ben and Ciara didn’t seem to concerned about the missing baby.

Jack is extremely anger at Steve.  What happened to Steve ?  How awful for him to not even see Kayla just ghost her then divorce papers.  

Justin and Kayla did seem to get together quickly.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Yes! I was going to say something similar but you said it so well. I'm still a little shocked, to be honest.  Kayla and Justin shouldn't be surprised at her reaction, either -- they're smart and sounds like they at least half-expected that reaction from folks all along, anyway. 

• Love 4

Kayla sent Steve divorce papers to get him to come back to her?  I hate it but I love it because it makes my shipper heart break for her and them.

Jack's reaction was WTF.  After everything he did to Steve and Kayla in the end he was their champion. He looked up to their relationship and Steve.   For him to judge Steve like he did is not the Jack I remember. 

For Kayla to ask for her rapist approval was another wtf.  Come on show.  Kayla would never do that!

Lastly, MA was terrible in this ep.  He almost ruined those scenes with Kayla and Jack.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Never thought about Evan being the baby snatcher.  I knew he seemed skeevy, so started to wonder if he could be David's father and Jordan's killer.  I would imagine Jordan would have told him about her brother the necktie killer, so he figured he could pin it on Ben.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ciara, you do call the police about the apparent kidnappers' location. You are not Nancy Drew. Your eavesdropping on Xander and Grandpa will come back to you.

I'm hoping maybe she'll be killed for real finally after so many attempts. Put me out of my misery already!

1 hour ago, SnK said:

Lastly, MA was terrible in this ep.  

He is so bad. But he really tries so I find his embarrassing acting kinda cute lol.

27 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Never thought about Evan being the baby snatcher.  I knew he seemed skeevy, so started to wonder if he could be David's father and Jordan's killer.  I would imagine Jordan would have told him about her brother the necktie killer, so he figured he could pin it on Ben.   

This is really good spec.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I must've missed these scenes because I really don't recall them at all. Maybe I was too busy not only blocking out Shayla but that horrific haircut Kayla was sporting. At least this time around Kayla has great hair.

If only they were on YT so I could watch.

It was on youtube and they were purged.  The show was really intent on destroying Kim and Shane because of behind the scenes tension with the actress who played Kim.. She had refused to play Kim losing  Jeannie (Theresa) as a stillborn while being heavily pregnant in real life and the writers were forced to let her live and the producers called her difficult and problematic. Then, they started to write Shayla and write Kim badly and had other characters dump on Kim..It reminded me of what happened on Beverly Hills 90210, when they had characters treating Brenda like crap because of the behind the scenes tension with Shannen Doherty. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

It was on youtube and they were purged.  The show was really intent on destroying Kim and Shane because of behind the scenes tension with the actress who played Kim.. She had refused to play Kim losing  Jeannie (Theresa) as a stillborn while being heavily pregnant in real life and the writers were forced to let her live and the producers called her difficult and problematic. Then, they started to write Shayla and write Kim badly and had other characters dump on Kim..It reminded me of what happened on Beverly Hills 90210, when they had characters treating Brenda like crap because of the behind the scenes tension with Shannen Doherty. 

Yeah I hate when that happens I liked Brenda/SD but them doing that to PP/Kim sounds way worse because of her mental issues and she was pregnant in RL. Although I would've preferred Theresa dead still...

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah I hate when that happens I liked Brenda/SD but them doing that to PP/Kim sounds way worse because of her mental issues and she was pregnant in RL. Although I would've preferred Theresa dead still...

I have always loved Shannen.  A wonderful actress, I loved her as Brenda on 90210 and as Prue on Charmed, both shows lost something special after she left.  

Patsy Pease was smeared for no reason.  She had had to play Kim losing a full term baby before while being pregnant and I did not think it was unreasonable for her to refuse to play it for a second time. Furthermore, they did not have to make Kim pregnant.  Kristian Alfonso/Hope was heavily pregnant and the show did not write in her pregnancy.  She even had to do racy love scenes in a pool and she said Peter was so protective and understanding..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

Yeah compared to other actor demands I've heard even on this show that isn't unreasonable.

I agree about Shannen neither show was the same after she left. 90210 did add Valerie/TT and I liked her but still Brenda and the rest of the Walshes were the heart and soul of the show it lost something after each of them left.

I gave up on Charmed after Prue left even though Piper was my favorite.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah compared to other actor demands I've heard even on this show that isn't unreasonable.

I agree about Shannen neither show was the same after she left. 90210 did add Valerie/TT and I liked her but still Brenda and the rest of the Walshes were the heart and soul of the show it lost something after each of them left.

I gave up on Charmed after Prue left even though Piper was my favorite.

Exactly! Prue Piper and Phoebe, the power of three.

• Love 3

We are wayyyyyyyy off topic from “Current Episode Discussion” I’m not trying to sound rude btw but can see why people opening this page expecting some convo about Thursday DOOL would be annoyed it’s all about the 80/90s, 90210, and Charmed.

High key creepy Clyde the child molester said he had no intention on returning baby girl Mickey even if Xander confessed and Ben was released, he intended to use the baby for his release too (howwww?) but wouldn’t say if even after he was free would return her. 

Victor, I hate to admit it, was right don’t negotiate with them or do their demands. As you see cooperating with that SOB is pointless. They need to find a hacker to trace the whereabouts from the texts which would lead to Ben and Clyde and find everyone in Salem and surrounding who is sketchy or had any association with Clyde and get them Taken style. If Xander blows away kidnapper and Clyde, I’d have no problem with it. 

• Love 7

Who knew Jennifer and Adrienne were so close?

Co-sign to Jennifer likely calming down once everything has sunk in....otherwise she was too rude to Justin and Kayla and I wish they had told her to mind her business.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Maybe Clyde plans to trade Mickey for a get out of jail free card?  He's disgusting.  

Yeah he actually said that but said nothing about returning her after and nothing about how she’d be used as leverage. The whole story is a mess they shouldn’t be putting a pedophile back on screen and in a child abduction story.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29aeb4d95db664dacb2f

• Love 9
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

I cracked up when Jennifer said something like "what was Adrienne gone 2 days when you got together"? And Justin was all "shes been gone SIX months!!" Yeah because 6 months is such a massively long time to grieve a dead spouse.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I cracked up when Jennifer said something like "what was Adrienne gone 2 days when you got together"? And Justin was all "shes been gone SIX months!!" Yeah because 6 months is such a massively long time to grieve a dead spouse.

And hadn't it actually been like 3 months? They'd gotten closer in the aftermath and they've been officially together for 3 months at this point, I think? And I mean, everyone grieves in their own way and on their own time, but that does seem a little quicker than I'd expect someone to move on from something that upsetting.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Who knew Jennifer and Adrienne were so close?

Co-sign to Jennifer likely calming down once everything has sunk in....otherwise she was too rude to Justin and Kayla and I wish they had told her to mind her business.

Well truthfully 6 months after your wife of how many years and kids ,is not a very long time to be in a committed relationship  again. I know plenty of people who have lost their partners  and this is way too soon. I know, everyone is different but 6 months is a very short amount of time. I was still in deep mourning for my cat after 6 months! 

34 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

And hadn't it actually been like 3 months? They'd gotten closer in the aftermath and they've been officially together for 3 months at this point, I think? And I mean, everyone grieves in their own way and on their own time, but that does seem a little quicker than I'd expect someone to move on from something that upsetting.

Yep.  He was pretty much ready for Kayla after 3 months? That's sickening. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

42 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

I understand that it may sound fast, maybe it is fast, but my folks were married for 60 years when my mom got terminally ill and died after 3 brutal months.  It was about 5 months later when my dad went public that he was now in a relationship with a friend of theirs who had lost her husband the previous year.  This woman was tremendous and she astonished me with the help she gave my mother, her friend, as my mother declined and died.  I was my Dad's main help, my brothers just weren't good at it.  Long story short, my Dad's children, grandchildren, were thrilled to see him happy and with such a kind and loving woman.  Even their parish priest gave them his blessing to live together, said they deserved this happiness.

But I had a couple of cousins who squawked and raised holy hell because it was "disrespectful" - cousins who my mom hadn't even liked.

My dad was happy his last few years, as he had been those 60 years with my mom, so I have a negative reaction to people like Jennifer who should, at their age, just have the good sense to mind their own business.  Time alone isn't an indicator of love.

Rant over!😁

Edited by boes
  • Love 23

If child molester Clyde’s plan works and he and Ben are released and Xander finds him, blows him away and comes home to Sarah with Mickey in his arms - that’s a wrap. 

I hope Ben and Ciara are exposed for knowing drug dealer and pedo Clyde was behind the kidnapping and keeping hush to pretend Ben. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

Agree with both of you. Then I scrolled up and read @boes beautiful post. I'm so glad, boes, that your father had someone so nice in his life again. It must have been a great relief to you to see him have a second chance at being happy. I guess it all comes down to mileage, as they say. 

• Love 9