Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Glad Eric immediately noticed JJ's condition. He's supposed to work with troubled people everyday so if he didn't notice anything was up, it would have reflected badly on him.

It is so nice to see people in an office at a job, even if they're not actually doing work LOL. But I'm really confused right now. The other day it seemed like Xander was Nicole's boss because he's a Titan executive and Basic Black is a subsidiary of Titan. But today Brady was saying he's Nicole's partner and they don't want anything to do with Titan.

I can't remember the history. Was it that Deimos gave Basic Black to Eve and separated it from Titan and therefore it's still a separate company? And if that's the case, then why is Xander in any way walking into Nicole's office and saying he's her boss? Super confused.

Oh okay - Xander is CEO. But BB is separate?

Wouldn't Chad be confused about who took the Stefano portrait..?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Eve looked - real - in prison. Kudos to Kassie for little to no makeup, severe hair

I loved that too. She always commits to her material. She looked great and sold her anger, frustration and fear. 

As someone who has known people who went to prison for ...not good...felonies and was the victim of violent felonies it’s nonsense Ben would be in cell w Will also surprised Ciara visited which he didn’t expect and be allowed to touch their faces. That would never happen there’s a (short) approved visit list and long ass ceremony to each see each other and it’s behind glass and a phone if they killed someone. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

In the Philly area they aired it on Cozi Tv. I’m guessing it’s an affiliate of our NBC station. 

Hello fellow Philly person!  I loved that we got to see Ciara's indignation that Ben is sentenced to be executed for killing Jordan--I mean, how dare the judge give Ben the death penalty, who is he/she for wanting the serial killer to pay the ultimate price for like, killing people?

Casey Moss is a great actor but I just can't deal with him being this upset over Haley--this simpering moron's death has made him this inconsolable that he's using drugs to escape the pain? WTF?!  And I loved his and Brady's recoiling when they saw each other at the AA meeting--more mysteries to uncover.

I love that Sarah named her baby Mickey Horton--yes Victor, the baby's mother gets to decide what her name is.  Jerk.

Yeah, Abs and Chad are back--man, did I miss their special brand of smuggy entitlement.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Hello fellow Philly person!  I loved that we got to see Ciara's indignation that Ben is sentenced to be executed for killing Jordan--I mean, how dare the judge give Ben the death penalty, who is he/she for wanting the serial killer to pay the ultimate price for like, killing people?

Casey Moss is a great actor but I just can't deal with him being this upset over Haley--this simpering moron's death has made him this inconsolable that he's using drugs to escape the pain? WTF?!  And I loved his and Brady's recoiling when they saw each other at the AA meeting--more mysteries to uncover.

I love that Sarah named her baby Mickey Horton--yes Victor, the baby's mother gets to decide what her name is.  Jerk.

Yeah, Abs and Chad are back--man, did I miss their special brand of smuggy entitlement.

And, they named the baby Mickey six months before the death of John Clarke. That’s impressive on the writers. 

• Love 5

I haven't watched since this whole time jump thing happened, but it sounds like half of Salem is in prison.

6 hours ago, plurie said:

How could the prison authorities put Ben in a cell with Will, who he tried to kill once and staged a second attempted killing on Sami's behalf?

That's one way to cut back on the prison population.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Casey Moss is a great actor but I just can't deal with him being this upset over Haley--this simpering moron's death has made him this inconsolable that he's using drugs to escape the pain? WTF?!  And I loved his and Brady's recoiling when they saw each other at the AA meeting--more mysteries to uncover

Let's not forget, this is the second girlfriend who has died. I think it's only natural for JJ to be really really pissed off with the world about that and despondent. And since he used to turn to drugs for amusement back in the day, it's natural he would slide back into them as a way of escaping pain.

I'm totally just speculating here, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that nurse Haley screwed something up when Kristen was having the baby, and Brady blamed her mistakes for the loss of his child. I think Haley killed herself, and JJ, having struggled with suicidal tendencies in the past, would take that especially hard. But I'm guessing.

I'm actually not too bothered by all of the events we've skipped over in the last year, but I really would have wanted to see Xander and Sarah in Lamaze class together, and Kristen losing the baby and Haley committing suicide, if that's actually what happened. And I think Ron could have covered all of that in the span of 10 episodes or so. I think it's crazy to think Kristen could have carried her child to term at 56 when she couldn't do it at 26. So we could have seen Kristen breakdown and leave town abruptly and Haley break down and kill herself and the comedy of Xander in Lamaze class would have been awesome. And THEN done the time jump and revealed the other twists...

...just me?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm totally just speculating here, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that nurse Haley screwed something up when Kristen was having the baby, and Brady blamed her mistakes for the loss of his child. I think Haley killed herself, and JJ, having struggled with suicidal tendencies in the past, would take that especially hard. But I'm guessing.

But great guess!

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think it's more than just Haley.  There was obvious tension between him and Brady.

6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Let's not forget, this is the second girlfriend who has died. I think it's only natural for JJ to be really really pissed off with the world about that and despondent. And since he used to turn to drugs for amusement back in the day, it's natural he would slide back into them as a way of escaping pain.

Also speculating, but JJ was still a paramedic before the time jump, right. So maybe he was on call when Kristen went into labour, or whenever the baby died.   But Haley causing the baby's death, or not being able to save him/her, sounds likely as well. And Haley already tried to kill herself once, so she might have tried again. Maybe they tried to both kill themselves, and only JJ was saved. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

But her previous obstetrician wasn't the miraculous Doctor Rolf.

Yeah, clearly anyone who can bring people back from the dead weeks after the fact would have no problem keeping a fetus alive and healthy until it's time to be born.  Or, if he couldn't, he could surely bring a miscarried or stillborn baby back to life and it could grow to full-size out of the womb. 

He's Rolf for goodness sake.

You know, I loved Rolf back in the day.  He was such good comic relief. But, seriously, bringing people back from the dead is just too much.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Right.  This is the woman who was swanning around wearing opera gloves and multiple strands of "pearls".  And not ONE person thought there was anything unusual about that.

There were characters who took note of Hope's odd behavior.  I recall John and Marlena discussing it more than once but it was written off as Hope being under stress from Julie's dance with death every time it was brought up.  

While it's clear the show is happening in some alternate reality, the characters are rarely written as being understanding of this, so I suppose it's not much of a surprise that no one would suspect that Hope has been implanted with a chip that makes her believe she's Princess Gina.  And from what we've seen of The Time Jump®️, it looks like they want us to believe that Gina has done a good enough job of convincing her friends and family that's she still Hope.  

Unless Adrienne figured out Gina's secret, Gina killed her and framed Will for it.  If we had watched that year actually play out, it seems like someone else would have figured out Gina's secret.  Of course, that might not work once they start to give us details about how Will was involved with Adrienne's death.

• Love 4

I like to see characters who don't interact start interacting. This is honestly the most I enjoyed Eric in months probably because he's not dealing with Nicole/Sarah.  It also involves character driven drama rooted in history(although JJ/Brady we don't know just yet).

Same w/ JJ because he's given something to work with for once. I get Jack and Abby not noticing.  I find it hard to believe Kayla or Doug wouldn't notice something is wrong with JJ.

Granted I'm sure this story will take a turn that will piss me off but for now I don't hate it.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought that too!  David is 2(if the time jump is correct), he would not be riding around in a baby stroller with a blanket over him, he would be trying out his walking skills.

Maybe the kid is really ugly, like Chuckie levels of ugly, and Rafe keeping him covered up is a public service? 

I'd enjoy the show much more, myself, if somebody would toss a blanket over Ben, too.....

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Unless Adrienne figured out Gina's secret, Gina killed her and framed Will for it.  If we had watched that year actually play out, it seems like someone else would have figured out Gina's secret.  Of course, that might not work once they start to give us details about how Will was involved with Adrienne's death.

I'm convinced that Adrienne and/or Will go too close to discovering or figuring out Rolf's plan. Will knew that Jennifer was looking into that flash drive before her fall, and that it had to do with Rolf. It wouldn't be surprising if he shared that info with his mother-in-law (who's also one of his bosses; this show, lmao).

Not sure if Gina did the framing, but........................................I also don't think I trust the new manny. 👀

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

In the Philly area they aired it on Cozi Tv. I’m guessing it’s an affiliate of our NBC station. 

7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Hello fellow Philly person! 

<waves from over the bridge in South Jersey>

I DVR Cozi every day, since NBC10 interrupts for a lot of stupid reasons. Sometimes they switch over, sometimes they don't.

7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I loved that we got to see Ciara's indignation that Ben is sentenced to be executed for killing Jordan--I mean, how dare the judge give Ben the death penalty, who is he/she for wanting the serial killer to pay the ultimate price for like, killing people?

I was completely taken out of that scene wondering if Illinois actually has the death penalty. It doesn't. Plus, Ciara seems to have gotten more annoying with the time jump. Ben, I just can't get past his perfectly groomed eyebrows.

Two things I'm not happy about with the time jump are the fact that Adrienne's dead and Princess Gina is still around.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I laughed when Victor almost choked on his Scotch when Maggie mentioned she had spent a lovely hour in bed with Mickey. Who is Mackenzie the baby. Nice name for a little girl and a nice way to remember Mickey Horton, who raised Sarah.

Ciara can't move in to her mom's home? Right - Hope has no home except for the dingy throne room. In the past year, Ciara hasn't gone home to visit mom and have dinner there? She's doing well at the Executive Program? Does she take courses for something like a mini MBA?

What kind of investigation did the police do regarding Jordan's murder? Everything seemed circumstantial and so easy to put Ben away. And now he faces execution?

The actor playing JJ is doing a really good job playing him as a messed up semi-addict.  I enjoyed watching him at the Centre's AA type meeting - the quiet intensity of listening to both Maggie and Brady. How come Abigail isn't helping him out - and barely mentioning him. He's got problems too. Maybe Chad thought Gabi didn't like Steffy's portrait staring at her and had it moved to the tunnels or something.

No idea Brady's 'baby' died.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

In the Indianapolis area, DAYS was not seen on Wed., but will be shown on Thursday morning at 2:35 am.

They usually do that with preempted episodes here fortunately I have Comcast so I watch it On Demand.

Also Indy native.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I laughed when Victor almost choked on his Scotch when Maggie mentioned she had spent a lovely hour in bed with Mickey. Who is Mackenzie the baby. Nice name for a little girl and a nice way to remember Mickey Horton, who raised Sarah.

Ciara can't move in to her mom's home? Right - Hope has no home except for the dingy throne room. In the past year, Ciara hasn't gone home to visit mom and have dinner there? She's doing well at the Executive Program? Does she take courses for something like a mini MBA?

What kind of investigation did the police do regarding Jordan's murder? Everything seemed circumstantial and so easy to put Ben away. And now he faces execution?

The actor playing JJ is doing a really good job playing him as a messed up semi-addict.  I enjoyed watching him at the Centre's AA type meeting - the quiet intensity of listening to both Maggie and Brady. How come Abigail isn't helping him out - and barely mentioning him. He's got problems too. Maybe Chad thought Gabi didn't like Steffy's portrait staring at her and had it moved to the tunnels or something.

No idea Brady's 'baby' died.

The Salem PD is beyond pointless of course they couldn't figure out Jordan's murder this is what bothers me about the TJ you need to focus on the details etc and honestly that's going to be the undoing of this. 

Casey Moss plays JJ and its not surprising Abigail isn't helping him out but I think she at least notices something is wrong compared to Jack/Jennifer. Jennifer at least was in a coma but Jack not noticing? Maybe there's more to this story but JJ being treated as an afterthought isn't surprising. I'm more surprised Kayla nor Doug have suspected anything wrong with him.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I like to see characters who don't interact start interacting. This is honestly the most I enjoyed Eric in months probably because he's not dealing with Nicole/Sarah.  It also involves character driven drama rooted in history(although JJ/Brady we don't know just yet).

I really liked seeing Eric and Brady at the meeting together. Hell, I liked finally just seeing one of these mythical meetings instead of hearing about them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I aint feeling Adrienne's death - like nOt even a little bit. 

Because i know Rolf can simply revive her with his magic potion . 

Why didnt Will beg Rolf to revive Adrienne with his magic potion ? 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

How come Abigail isn't helping him out - and barely mentioning him.

I can't believe I'm actually defending Abigail, but in yesterday's episode she and Chad had a long conversation about how she was JJ's big sister, and she wasn't going to give up trying to help him.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I can't believe I'm actually defending Abigail, but in yesterday's episode she and Chad had a long conversation about how she was JJ's big sister, and she wasn't going to give up trying to help him.

Ok that's actually nice. Maybe I shouldn't skip Chabby scenes after all?

• Love 4

So far the time jump seems to be hard on a lot of Salem people: Adrienne, Hailey, Brady’s baby are dead, Eve, Will, Ben are in jail. JJ’s an addict, Brady has most probably been drinking again...

What a bunch of bummer storylines. I always saw DOOL has the fun soap. I’m not in a place in my life where I can afford to watch sad stories every day.

Do we know what happened to Kate? Is she still in a coma after being shot?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Desperado said:

So far the time jump seems to be hard on a lot of Salem people: Adrienne, Hailey, Brady’s baby are dead, Eve, Will, Ben are in jail. JJ’s an addict, Brady has most probably been drinking again...

What a bunch of bummer storylines. I always saw DOOL has the fun soap. I’m not in a place in my life where I can afford to watch sad stories every day.

Do we know what happened to Kate? Is she still in a coma after being shot?

No, Rolf revived Kate a while ago.  Last I remember, she was telling at Victor and looking fine while doing so.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I really like the new Ari and the manny is cool too, but I can't fathom how Sonny is managing to turn anyone's head again. Will has had only 2 love interests in the last like five years, and somehow Sonny has had 4? Hun?

On 11/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I'm into the manny. He seems like a decent actor. Also, no offense, but he's way too hot for Sonny lol.

This is what I don't understand.  Why wouldn't Sonny be pulling these guys?  It's not like he's some troll that belongs under the bridge.  So, what's the problem?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So we had JJ today talking about how his life is over because Haley isn't alive anymore and I swear, I just rolled my eyes.  Yes Casey Moss is selling JJ's grief and despondency but man, it's just laughable that all of his drama's about Haley--the man clearly needs a hobby.

I did love seeing Gabi giving Chad and Abby a hard time--that will never get old--but why is Abs' hair so drab looking?  And Eli is Gabi's security person--that's an interesting twist.

Princess Gina painting "Steffy's" new portrait while having a one sided, exposition laden conversation with him--I love it :)

• Love 10

WHOA & WHOA.....I did not see that coming today!  That ending scene!  And finding out who killed Haley!  Yikes...I am liking the drama between different characters now.  Suzanne Rogers is so great at Maggie...her scene with Brady was emotional.  So far, I am liking the new storylines...

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

So far, I am liking the new storylines...

Me too.  They may be far out and crazy, but they definitely aren't boring.   And even being semi-spoiled, there's tons stuff I'm being surprised by. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Princess Gina painting "Steffy's" new portrait while having a one sided, exposition laden conversation with him--I love it :)

I was hoping we'd get to see the painting and Steffy would be wearing a muzzle.  Stefano has never been so quiet!  I wonder if they're making us wait until a Friday show for the Stefano reveal.  

If Kristin is able to be a nun, perhaps she didn't technically kill Haley with her own bare hands?  Not that characters can't get away with murder on this show.  

Does John think that Hope is in love with him???

• Love 4
4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

This is what I don't understand.  Why wouldn't Sonny be pulling these guys?  It's not like he's some troll that belongs under the bridge.  So, what's the problem?

I agree, Sonny is fine, in both meanings.  Will can be a bit dull and while Sonny has had his moments, he generally isn't, IMO.

Remember Sonny when he first appeared?  Mighty fine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Punch him, JJ!

No not him, JJ, Brady.

"If it's any consolation, I don't understand why Lani left you either." No, that's not any consolation, Abe.

John and Gina, huh? OK.

OK, Lani is a nun.  That's hilarious.

I wonder how Haley died.

Who was that nun Lani was talking to?

• Love 5

Freddie's delivery has gone down the shitter. He doesn't ring as sincere at all. And he looks nothing like he did when he first appeared. And he has zero chemistry with Will.

I'm not saying he's ugly - I don't say that - but for someone on screen to find him attractive I need to have an incling as to why. And I don't. It's like....he has all his hair? He's out and proud? ....? I'm grasping at straws here.

Same for Ben. Although he presents as "perfect" he ain't. Why Ciara would fight with her while family over him is beyond me.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Thoughts on the last two days:

- Death Row inmates are housed separately — and the process takes YEARS to get to the point Ben is supposedly at.  Ciara’s plan is pretty weak IMO.  And WHERE THE HELL IS HOPE?  I mean, I know she’s Princess Gina but does Ciara think her Mom is that distant? After stalking Ben for over a year?  
- Did Kristen’s baby die or did she run off with the baby.  I’m confused.
- Nuns.  Well, that’s a twist I didn’t see coming.
- Gabi... I just can’t like you anymore.
- JJ... how is his immediate family so blind.
- Maggie was a star today.
- How in the world did it get to the point that John would share a candle-lit dinner with a person he thinks is Hope.  Shenanigans. 
- Eli’s face when Gabi said she walked in on Chad/Abigail was pretty funny IMO.

It still amazes me how John and Roman get along so well.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So we had JJ today talking about how his life is over because Haley isn't alive anymore and I swear, I just rolled my eyes.  Yes Casey Moss is selling JJ's grief and despondency but man, it's just laughable that all of his drama's about Haley--the man clearly needs a hobby.

I did love seeing Gabi giving Chad and Abby a hard time--that will never get old--but why is Abs' hair so drab looking?  And Eli is Gabi's security person--that's an interesting twist.

While I don't think JJ/Haley were great either his mom was also in a coma. I really don't think he would've gotten to this point had Jennifer been around to help him deal with losing yet another GF via murder. Hard to believe but unlike the rest of his family etc she actually cared for him and needed him to everyone else he's always been an afterthought I get why he would miss someone that actually needed him for once. That being said I wish this was the story he had when Paige was killed granted I didn't like them either but it would've made more sense given how Paige knew he was working undercover  to bust Clyde for his drug ring, his guilt over his affair with Eve, he seemed to genuinely care for her etc. Instead they paired him with Gabi that went nowhere because the show didn't really care about this relationship and was a lost cause ever since.

So if Eli is working for Gabi who's the new commissioner? I bet its John despite the fact he's a senior citizen....

While I found a lot of these twists predictable. Ben/Will sharing a cell, Haley being killed etc 

The one shocker is Kristen/Lani being nuns that I don't believe anyone could predict....

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Freddie's delivery has gone down the shitter. He doesn't ring as sincere at all. And he looks nothing like he did when he first appeared. And he has zero chemistry with Will.

I'm not saying he's ugly - I don't say that - but for someone on screen to find him attractive I need to have an incling as to why. And I don't. It's like....he has all his hair? He's out and proud? ....? I'm grasping at straws here.

Same for Ben. Although he presents as "perfect" he ain't. Why Ciara would fight with her while family over him is beyond me.

That's a little harsh, IMO.  Mileage varies, I know, but I don't find his delivery any less compelling than Will's - take that comparison as you may - and reasons why people love and/or are attracted to each other vary from person to person.  That question could be asked of almost all Salem couples, so singling Sonny and Mr. Manny seems arbitrary.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While I found a lot of these twists predictable. Ben/Will sharing a cell, Haley being killed etc 

To be fair, it's much easier to predict if one is spoiled.  If someone who was unspoiled guessed there'd be a time jump, guessed that Will would be in jail along with the show's new golden boy, and guessed that Adrienne, Haley and the Bristen baby would be dead, I'd want them to predict the lottery numbers. 

Lani and Kristen being nuns was a surprise to me too and that's because it wasn't spoiled or rumored.

I kind of wish we didn't find out what happened to Haley.  I liked that they were intimating that Brady had something to do with Haley's death.  I would have liked to keep guessing for a bit longer.

• Love 8

When I saw "Stefano's" hands (as well as the back of his head),  it didn't look like someone that would be his age.  I'm sure I'm wrong because the timing is way off, but I thought it could be BB in that chair.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6