Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

That Caira/Julie conversation had me shake my head a little. Julie may be a hypocrite but Caira isn't that bright either. Her logic reminds me somewhat of those ignorant people who said "people are doing bad shit all the time so why singling out Hitler or Stalin's crimes?"

But that's Julie's logic too. She hand-waves some who commit crimes  (Abby) while not letting go regarding others who have committed crimes, even when it's in self-defense (Gabi). Pretty much every character in Salem picks & chooses what to be outraged about with little consistency beyond plot contrivance nor always acknowledging their own possibly dodgy history (Brady) so the whole town isn't too bright if that's the litmus test IMO. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

But that's Julie's logic too. She hand-waves some who commit crimes  (Abby) while not letting go regarding others who have committed crimes, even when it's in self-defense (Gabi). Pretty much every character in Salem picks & chooses what to be outraged about with little consistency beyond plot contrivance nor always acknowledging their own possibly dodgy history (Brady) so the whole town isn't too bright if that's the litmus test IMO. 

TBH, isn't that the logic of hardcore fans as well? I am glad I am not one of them. The way I look at this is very straightforward.  Being a conman or bad brother is bad but that doesn't make them the moral equivalence of someone who murdered three innocent women.

Edited by Guest

What made Ciara's hair even funnier was that she goes to see Ben with that sultry "I'm going to get my man" expression and her hair and outfit just made me laugh. That 'do is sure to be a turn on.

I also cracked up at the Ben/Leo scenes. I actually found Leo tolerable today since he seemed sympathetic to Marlena and seems sincere about wanting to bond with John. But I lost it with Ben. He looked like he wanted to devour him for lunch lol

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

The way I look at this is very straightforward, being a conman or bad brother is bad but that doesn't make them the moral equivalence of someone who murdered three innocent women.

Didn't she also point out Abby's murderous and attempted murderer history too? I don't think the belief is moral equivalence or even the comparison game. I think Ciara's point was making Julie acknowledge what she hand-waves away. Obviously mileage varies  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

Didn't she also point out Abby's murderous and attempted murderer history too? I don't think the belief is moral equivalence or even the comparison game. I think Ciara's point was making Julie acknowledge what she hand-waves away. Obviously mileage varies  

I did say Julie was being a hypocrite first, didn't I? My point was just because she was being a hypocrite, doesn't mean Caira was right to use the history of her grandfather being a conman as an example to make the case that Ben deserve a second chance.  That's just a bad argument to make.  Of course I am not saying she has to use Ted Bundy as an example, you know what I mean?

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Yes, he was Don Craig on the show.  Marlena's first husband and DJ's father.  We have been talking about him and his passing on the "Behind the scenes" thread. 

I was just commenting on how surprising that they have never brought back Don for Marlena or resurrected DJ from the dead as Marlena's first born.

yes, that is strange that they never did anything with don or dj.

46 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

That hairstyle is called Bantu Knots or spacebuns on girls on Instagram. 

and it looks ridiculous. on every one. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Ciara's got gorgeous hair so that style didn't bother me (though calling women and girls "females" does, obviously mileage varies)

This Marlena/John/Diana story is mostly doing nothing for me. I feel like they've basically made Diana Kristen, with Diana setting up Kristen as the perpetrator. Meh. This version of Diana seems like a Kristen placeholder except I enjoy Kristen more.

Claire is a bad liar cause she does tend to overplay innocence. 

"females" was meant as all inclusive , women girls, female dogs, you get it? humor. good grief.

• Love 3

Female dogs are called bitches.

Hospitals have security cameras. Like all hospitals, so why do they have no idea who took the meds or planted the laced cookies? 

John pulls blanket over Marlena’s face “That’s better!” 💋 😂 

I’ve heard of Throw Momma From the Train but Leo’s version is Throw Mama under the Bus. 

👏🏼 Ciara bringing up Abigail’s crimes to Julie. 🙌🏻 (And those were just the tip of the iceberg there’s more she didn’t mention).  It is true! Julie hand waves violence and lying and cheating by her faves, but shrieks about Gabi and Ben doing the same. Julie also has some nerve bringing up Chloe “taking the day off AGAIN”.  Honey, there’s been 3 episodes since NYE she’s covered Doug’s Place while you took personal days. 

Brady was the cat that caught the canary today. You could tell he was loving the vindication of it all. Rex is just so damn likable and easy going he’s like a Labrador Retriever. I hope his farce of a ship with Sarah ends and he can be with Chloe.

• Love 8

Okay I don't normally comment on actors' personal appearance since I believe one's ability is more relevant than one's look. However Caira's Minnie Mouse hairdo does make her look like an adolescent girl.  This make the physical, height and even age difference between Ben and her even more visible.  

Edited by Guest

Aaaand NBC interrupts for another special report that isn't at all special.

I just have to laugh at Ciara's hair.

Ooh, Leo actually thinking about his mother as a killer.

More people need to call Julie out for her hypocrisy.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Female dogs are called bitches.

Hospitals have security cameras. Like all hospitals, so why do they have no idea who took the meds or planted the laced cookies? 

John pulls blanket over Marlena’s face “That’s better!” 💋 😂 

I’ve heard of Throw Momma From the Train but Leo’s version is Throw Mama under the Bus. 

👏🏼 Ciara bringing up Abigail’s crimes to Julie. 🙌🏻 (And those were just the tip of the iceberg there’s more she didn’t mention).  It is true! Julie hand waves violence and lying and cheating by her faves, but shrieks about Gabi and Ben doing the same. Julie also has some nerve bringing up Chloe “taking the day off AGAIN”.  Honey, there’s been 3 episodes since NYE she’s covered Doug’s Place while you took personal days. 

Brady was the cat that caught the canary today. You could tell he was loving the vindication of it all. Rex is just so damn likable and easy going he’s like a Labrador Retriever. I hope his farce of a ship with Sarah ends and he can be with Chloe.

i know female dogs are called bitches. that was not what i meant. i meant females all females , it was humor. what the hell is happening to this place? to this country? is this really offensive? WTF!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

Definitely more Space Buns than Bantu Knots, IMO, since the latter tends to be full head and primarily worn by African women or women of African descent. There's a significant cultural history with Bantu Knots. 

Looking at the Space Buns pics, I think that's what the stylist was going for. 

I get that which was why I was the first to mention it in thread.   Was explaining the origin of the style and the approximation by and trend now among social media baddies Ciara is styled a lot now in a very Instagram model type way. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

Okay I don't normally comment on actors' personal appearance since I believe one's ability is more relevant than one's look. However Caira's Minnie Mouse hairdo does make her look like an adolescent girl.  This make the physical, height and even age difference between Ben and her even more visible.  

And her dialogue today didn't help either, imo.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

However Caira's Minnie Mouse hairdo does make her look like an adolescent girl.  This make the physical, height and even age difference between Ben and her even more visible.  

Today my sister wondered if they were styling her this way on purpose to specifically make her look younger, but I can't see why they'd do that. I don't think we're really even supposed to think about/see the age difference between her and Ben because imo they're trying to make most of the character's ages ambiguous.

I continue to enjoy Leo. I also liked the Brady/Eric scenes but only because I enjoy Brady right now. Eric remains the worst though. 

Sarah's makeup is even worse when you actually watch the scenes instead of fast forwarding them. 

I skipped the Ciara/Julie scenes because I don't give a fuck. I should have skipped the Ben/Stefan scenes, but I wasted my time watching them lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Today my sister wondered if they were styling her this way on purpose to specifically make her look younger, but I can't see why they'd do that. I don't think we're really even supposed to think about/see the age difference between her and Ben because imo they're trying to make most of the character's ages ambiguous.

I continue to enjoy Leo. I also liked the Brady/Eric scenes but only because I enjoy Brady right now. Eric remains the worst though. 

Sarah's makeup is even worse when you actually watch the scenes instead of fast forwarding them. 

I skipped the Ciara/Julie scenes because I don't give a fuck. I should have skipped the Ben/Stefan scenes, but I wasted my time watching them lol.

Caira's fashion choice and appearance were hit and miss for me but that Minnie Mouse look really took me by surprise. Maybe it was VK's personal choice? I also have no clue what they are doing with her character. Riding motorcycle doesn't necessarily transform her into this kick-ass/rebellious/anarchic girl.    

Yeah GR's having a blast with Leo for sure. I am enjoying hims as well.  Also, I like Leo's showing a bit of soft side lately which makes him look more than a cartoon villain.  Regarding Eric, Mr. Creeper or Mr. Jealous and Possessive used to be my nickname for him but not anymore. I actually find him tolerable these days. At least he doesn't look like the kid who always wants to cry lol. I like Brady too, but I find his sudden concern for Rex all fake. And I am not sure if I am looking forward to Kong Fu fight between two grown men in their 40s lol.

Sarah's actress Linsey has that old-school classy look so that thick eyebrow makeup is really unnecessary. I've also seen actress who looked ghostly with heavy makeup irl. Since Sarah's no longer obsessed with Holly's custody or being Eric's attack dog, I am enjoying her these days (LG being a good actress helps it as well). Eric/Sarah's conversations in the chapel was really nice (we need more scenes like this imo). This is how TPTBs should introduce her character a while ago.

I have no interest in the greatest romantic story ever told - the dashing and marvelous Her Highness Princess Ciara and SuperBen but I do like Ben/Stefan's bromance (call me crazy, but I think they should pair these two instead) For some reason, RSW's signature squint eyes aren't noticeable when he's around TC.  

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

I have no interest in the greatest romantic story ever told - the dashing and marvelous Her Highness Princess Ciara and SuperBen but I do like Ben/Stefan's bromance (call me crazy, but I think they should pair these two instead) For some reason, RSW's signature squint eyes aren't noticeable when he's around TC.  

I’m here for both pairings, but am definitely enjoying the bromance. I was enjoying Stefan until it became all about Gabby so it’s good to see him interacting with a wider character set. His scenes with Gabi this week have been awesome.

And I loved Leo crushing on “big, beautiful Ben”. GR has been killing it this week - he’s so much more enjoyable with some depth and the reveal that John is his father was made me wish it were true, even though I’m pretty sure Diana is lying. 

• Love 5

I so wish that John is Leo's real father. I totally get why the news made him giddy. Drake's character is probably the best damn dad one would ever have, and I believe the real Diana already told her son about his awesomeness.

I’ve never liked DH/John more than when he plays comedy or happy.  I can tell he enjoys coming to work and his scene partners. Like when you can taste the love in a pizza? You can taste the love in some of the actors work. 

Off topic my typos and autocorrect are ATROCIOUS. Ugh I deserve at least one slap from Abigail for them. 

@msrachelj  it’s all cool, between you and me I like to think of myself as a female dog. 🐶👍🏼 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I did enjoy Ciara's pointing out Julie's hypocrisy over the crimes of Salemites. Abigail did kill one person, almost killed three others, tried to set Ben on fire. Ben may have her on a couple of technicalities in terms of victims, but Abigail just pretty much walked away from her crimes with no real punishment. Her mental health issues were fixable in two weeks and she doesn't appear to be on any medication or receive any counselling/long term psychiatric care. Ciara's mother murdered Stefano in cold blood - yeah, he deserved to die but that wasn't Hope's decision to make. The body count is quite high for some Salemites. The Salemites do not like Ben and will hold his crimes over him forever. Or until someone else comes along.

I did like the friendliness between Ben and Stefan. The sins of the fathers indeed and can people change from their family history. Can they be better. Ciara, Ben needs to eat and pay some bills and such, and working, even if it is at Stefan's temporarily, is something.

Leo was pleasant and almost charming today. Being around John is probably a good thing. And he did raise his mother's hatred of Marlena and set her up as a possible suspect. Kristen DiMera is a longshot.

Rex, you are pretty clueless when it comes to relationships. Your fiancé is unlikely to commit to you. I don't think it is a case of your brother steals other brothers' girlfriends. Brady mucked up his relationships all by himself. The whole Salem thing is just so incestuous and people just make their rounds because there is no one else!

Ciara how did you sit in that short skirt without exposing yourself? And the hair looked silly.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

Trying to soften up Leo and make the audience feel sorry for him — too late, Ron.  You should’ve tried fixing him a long time ago when he became your favorite.

Mmmmmhmmmmmmm, completely agreed. I have a hunch as to why they're making him more sympathetic of late. Speculation only, I have no idea if it's happening, but just in case:

It feels like Leo is going to catch the dead at some point here.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Mmmmmhmmmmmmm, completely agreed. I have a hunch as to why they're making him more sympathetic of late. Speculation only, I have no idea if it's happening, but just in case:

Reveal spoiler

It feels like Leo is going to catch the dead at some point here.

Oh, Leo is

Spoiler

so going to end up dead.  They're setting up the list of suspects right now. 

Hopefully he stays dead this time, but who really knows with that since Ron obviously loves the character and the actor.

• Love 3

That last scene with with Kayla using defibrillator on a clothed Marlena had me in tears.

tenor.gif

I don't think Kayla called for a code response because something like that requires more hospital staff members than just Kayla or Sarah. What am I saying, they don't even know how to use a defib. LMAO! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

That last scene with with Kayla using defibrillator on a clothed Marlena had me in tears.

tenor.gif

I don't think Kayla called for a code response because something like that requires more hospital staff members than just Kayla or Sarah. What am I saying, they don't even know how to use a defib. LMAO! 

Yelling "CLEAR!!!!" when she's the only person in the vicinity! 🤣 I just can't with this show sometimes.

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, QueenSerena said:

Yelling "CLEAR!!!!" when she's the only person in the vicinity! 🤣 I just can't with this show sometimes.

That threw me over the edge. They also had John with a painful expression on his face standing in the corner. It was too much. I was in tears for a completely different reason than they intended by the time they cut to a promo. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

From earlier this week, just catching up on your posts, but I didn't see anything drunky about TC's performance.  I did think he and Gabi were pretty funny, and that he hit all his marks, etc.  I know the word is out there that he had problems, but I didn't pick up on that in that scene. 

A lot of great actors have admitted to being wasted in major performances in movies and on stage.  So for some, I guess it enhances the performance 🙃 ?

Sorry that TC 

Spoiler

is leaving, but Brandan Barash is also good, and should make a good Stefano.

• Love 11
On 3/8/2019 at 9:39 AM, Sandman said:

Maybe he just doesn't remember. He's like a goldfish. 

I'd like to issue a correction: He's like a goldfish that somehow manages to hold one grudge (... at a time). Bonehead Black just makes me tired.

Also: Has anyone seen Julie and Diana in the same scene? Are they supposed to look like the same model of the ShriekBot 3000?  (Everyone on this show is starting to look sort of the same.)

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

So, Marlena’s office also doubles as the church chapel? I think Ken Corday might be have a point about getting ripped off in the budget department from Sony. The chapel was so sad looking with it’s fake stained glass window. They didn’t even try to cover up the fact that’s her office by keeping the paint color (blue) and the office/closet door in the same spot. That’s just down right sad. In fact, the chapel only had seating for two people. Hysterical!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So, Marlena’s office also doubles as the church chapel? I think Ken Corday might be have a point about getting ripped off in the budget department from Sony. The chapel was so sad looking with it’s fake stained glass window. They didn’t even try to cover up the fact that’s her office by keeping the paint color (blue) and the office/closet door in the same spot. That’s just down right sad. In fact, the chapel only had seating for two people. Hysterical!

You mean the new Salem Multipurpose Center (formerly known as University Hospital)? Yeah it serve as City Hall/Mayor's office at Monday, Kayla's office at Tuesday, Marlena's office at Wednesday and chapel on Thursday. At least it doesn't look as bad as the weatherproof Horton Square, or the halfheartedly rearranged Same Inn or whatever it's supposed to be. I may not be well versed in home and apartment docreation but who'd put a manuel/map on their living-room doors? 

Edited by Guest
20 hours ago, bannana said:

From earlier this week, just catching up on your posts, but I didn't see anything drunky about TC's performance.  I did think he and Gabi were pretty funny, and that he hit all his marks, etc.  I know the word is out there that he had problems, but I didn't pick up on that in that scene.

I didn't either.  He looked like he was having fun for the first time since being on this soap.  It must have been a drag to work with two different actors portraying such a drab, boring character in a sad, pathetic story.

• Love 8

I wonder when the problem started with TC?! He was fine on Friday’s episode. Did he go off the rails the next day at work and they canned him? That’s a fast turnaround whatever his downfall was. In fact, he was looking fine the whole week leading up to Friday’s show. I thought he and CB were on fire with their foreplay. It will be interesting to see how BB does. Also, CB is beautiful. She’s so much better playing Gabi with a backbone rather then meek and woe is me as she’s done for years. Now that both KM & MM are gone this might be the time they let CB shine and take centerstage. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I didn't either.  He looked like he was having fun for the first time since being on this soap.  It must have been a drag to work with two different actors portraying such a drab, boring character in a sad, pathetic story.

Yes, I thought those few days' scenes were among his best--TC can do comedy. Don't care for BB, and I'll be really sorry to see TC go.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Yes, I thought those few days' scenes were among his best--TC can do comedy. Don't care for BB, and I'll be really sorry to see TC go.

I was checking their ages and didn’t realize TC was older. TC is 46 & BB is 39. They look a little similar if you squint your eyes. LOL!!! I’m willing to give BB a chance. They both played strong characters on GH. It just depends how BB interprets the role & if the writing is changed to fit BB strengths/weaknesses. If all else fails they can have BB just take his shirt off. It never fails in daytime. 

3A12E008-D293-470B-9DC0-075E702889A8.jpeg

A632C196-6259-4683-A28D-0DE00DC32567.jpeg

• Love 3

Stefan O has been non-viable since he knowingly had sex with an alternate personality. No matter what anyone thinks of Abigail, that was still vile, what he did to her, and he deserved her using him to her own means.

Show should have just shipped him off with no explanation as they have for several better characters portrayed by better actors.

• Love 9
On 3/15/2019 at 12:59 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

On a shallow note, Ciara's wacky hair-do, Princess Leia buns & strands hanging in her face was so distracting! 🙂  I did like Ben's conversation with Stefano's portrait about the 'sins of the Fathers" being passed on to the sons.  And Good Grief, is Rex So Clueless!

Rex does not think Eric is worthy of anyone because he made the comment that Eric was boring.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, katie9918 said:

Stefan O has been non-viable since he knowingly had sex with an alternate personality. No matter what anyone thinks of Abigail, that was still vile, what he did to her, and he deserved her using him to her own means.

Show should have just shipped him off with no explanation as they have for several better characters portrayed by better actors.

I beg to differ. In a soap, everyone is redeemable. And let's not forget, a LOT has to do with these fickle writers.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Rex does not think Eric is worthy of anyone because he made the comment that Eric was boring.

And somebody needs to tell this guy: "Pull your head out of your ass!" 

P.S. it's doubtful that Eric Winters' s Rex was this ignorant and moronic.   

12 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I think it’s more that he puts Sarah on this pedestal where it wouldn’t even enter his mind she wants Eric (even though it’s obvious to everyone). Rex is always calling her perfect and the best person. He also said before he cheated she was nit picking and critical so she’s always had this dynamic of being on a moral high ground. Typical Horton behavior 😂 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Damn funny episode and I squeed at seeing how young Marlena and John were in their wedding flashback--or was he still Roman then?--and I also liked the scenes with Will and Claire.  Both of Marlena's grandkids being arrested at the same time was pretty awesome-- Will strangled Leo after Leo taunted him about Sonny and then tried to kiss him and then Claire tried to sell Ciara and Tripp's baby on the black market--and ORK really is having a superb time playing bratty Claire.

Now I know this is all taking place in Marlena's subconscious mind, but it is rather concerning that both Ciara and Sarah were portrayed as falling apart when the men they have feeling for left them (Ben and Rex) and then they immediately turned around and found other men to be with (Tripp and Brady) and yet they are being portrayed as heroines?  That's not how a heroine acts in my book :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12

Love the Andre and Tony interactions.  😄

Claire selling Ciara's baby on the black market?  History repeating itself.  😄

That urn doesn't look a thing like Andre's urn.

Why would Belle have Marlena's ashes at the hospital?

Brady and Eric's fight was hilarious.

"Like sands through the hourglass.  So WERE the days of her life."

"Slutty Sarah".

More weddings should be like that.

Funny that Marlena didn't have any dreams involving Sami.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

At first I thought this was going to be dramatic and maudlin (it took a minute before I realized the possession storyline was not being taken seriously) so I was VERY pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be so camp and fun.  Loved Belle basically just sending everyone to jail to "use as a learning experience"  and basically doing nothing else - except turning into "Anna with the Urn."    Loved the sliding on the ashes also.  I'm almost ready to forgive show for repeating the coma thing after JUST having done it because at least this was fun.  More episodes in this vein please.

• Love 10