Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Wow, now that was some AKTING, wasn't it?  

Was the actor playing Haley trying to punch up her performance with all that jazz hands activity or was she auditioning for Crossing Guard Academy?  If so, she's a shoe in!

I love you boes. Never stop. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well I completely bought into the Claire confession -- I'm kinda glad they went that route.  Claire is impulsive and dumb -- and not really knowing WHY she did it -- just that Ciara was always in her way -- kinda fits TBH.  But what I REALLY want is for this to NEVER be told.  I want Claire to dodge this bullet.  No kidding.  Not that she deserves it but I would rather this was something that ate at her and matured her ass rather than have her drug thru the town square with a 'Shame. Shame.' bell.  It's not that I like her, but if people find out, then she has to be redeemed officially.  Bleech.

Jack is an asshole.  Memory loss or not, TOTAL ASSHOLE.  His position on JJ being at risk makes no sense at all.  I DO like the effect of Jack/Eve on Jenifer.  She's much more interesting these days IMO.

Eve - nope nope nopity nope. I don't like your political views and your transparent plots. 

JJ -- you idiot.  At least you were honest with Haley that you were trying to bond with your Dad.  But dude, you screwed up so ROYALLY by not telling Haley.  

Melinda - go cry those crocodiles tears elsewhere, I ain't buying it.  

Haley - honey, you in a big mess -- it's not like you can actually SHOW UP FOR WORK.  You'd better have your fake papers in order.  Or skip town.  

Hope.... just... IDK... *shakes head* I'm at a loss.

Guilty pleasure: Stefan/Chloe. I KNOW he's bad, but they are doing a good job of convincing me to have sympathy.  Is there a support group for my issues?  

Brady - you were awfully kind to Gabi.  Did no one tell you about her attempt to gaslight Abigail?  Do you just not care?  And PLEASE -- stop defining yourself by different women.  Get your own life.  Chloe doesn't want your interference.

Gabi - you should have gotten Mr Xin (Shin?) phone number from Kate.  But seriously girl, your little company is probably less than 1% of Dimera annual budget -- your lucky Brady is there inflating your ego but reality would suck for you.

Abe & Sheila - oh how I want them to remain platonic -- but it sure seems like they are heading for LUV

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, SueB said:

Guilty pleasure: Stefan/Chloe. I KNOW he's bad, but they are doing a good job of convincing me to have sympathy.  Is there a support group for my issues?

I'm with you on this one. If other characters can be reformed, so can Stefan.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SueB said:

Not sure if I need a support group, as I'm still not all that big on Stefan.  But it is showing what a waste it was to have him be so ridiculously obsessed with Abby/Gabby, and have it go so far as the rape.  He can do sympathetic, so should have maybe been more of a gray character at first, and then turn more dark.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I also didn't like Haley's pointing at everything. Yes, JJ made a mistake in confiding in the man who he believes is his formerly dead father. He has no idea of how much of a puppet his dad is to manipulative Eve, who has a major vendetta against his mother. JJ has provided a strange woman whose life he saved from an apparent suicide attempt with a place to stay, that has heat and water and power.  Plus food, etc. Doubt he is asking her to chip in for rent and expenses yet. Haley can be upset and angry, but she should be grateful for what she has,

Melinda Trask should know not to pursue a public life if she has family who are illegal citizens. And it is not the Salem Mayor's job to deal with immigration - that is federal, I guess. Trask would probably get more flak from being an apparently single woman with no spouse or children. Nice of her to disown her family.

Did like JJ going at Jack. He should not trust his 'father' who has no memory of his previous life. Yes, Jack should still have some sense of integrity and the qualities that made him a decent husband and father. He is also blindly trusting a woman who has her own agenda..

Yes, JJ shouldn't have told Haley's secret but he thought he was confiding his worries to his dad, who used to be a caring and compassionate person.  And the only people to blame for Haley's immigration status are Haley and her family and the threat of deportation is on Haley and Trask.  Show better not have JJ wandering around Salem, begging for forgiveness--the chick isn't worth it.

And I love that Brady doesn't seem to care that Gabi tried to hurt Abigail.  Considering his own destructive behavior, it would definitely be a pot-kettle situation.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, SueB said:

Brady - you were awfully kind to Gabi.  Did no one tell you about her attempt to gaslight Abigail?  Do you just not care? 

He definitely doesn't care. It's Brady lol. I'm just glad they don't have everyone still giving a shit about it. Now that Abigail's gone, may they never talk about her again!

I wondered if they were chem testing Gabi/Brady too, @boes. I'm down tbh. EM is good a generating chem imo. Of course, it always goes to shit when they decide to have the woman Brady's with make a mistake and then Brady emotionally (and occasionally physically) abuses her for it. But I usually like Brady for the first little bit of a relationship lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

I've been getting this Donna Love/Marley vibe with Trask and Haley. Trask will turn out to be Haley's mother instead of her quite a bit older sister. Melinda got pregnant. Embarrassed the family, they sent her away with her mother. Mother and Melinda came back with a baby. Said it was mothers but it was really Melinda's. And, eventually a Michael Hudson character (maybe it was John Black???) will enter the story and he and Melinda will love their love-child, Haley From Here to Eternity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, worleybird said:

I've been getting this Donna Love/Marley vibe with Trask and Haley. Trask will turn out to be Haley's mother instead of her quite a bit older sister. Melinda got pregnant. Embarrassed the family, they sent her away with her mother. Mother and Melinda came back with a baby. Said it was mothers but it was really Melinda's. And, eventually a Michael Hudson character (maybe it was John Black???) will enter the story and he and Melinda will love their love-child, Haley From Here to Eternity.

I've actually been thinking this the whole time that Melinda is actually Haley's mom.  Not sure if they are going there but it would be a nice crimp in the story.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I've actually been thinking this the whole time that Melinda is actually Haley's mom.  Not sure if they are going there but it would be a nice crimp in the story.

I like that theory, too. I'm willing to give the actress a pass for her finger-pointing excesses, but hopefully someone advised her to tone that down a little. 

I want Eve out of Jack's orbit -- are we sure they're sleeping together? I hope he's holding out. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I viewed a new ep in Canada.  Wonder if they will show US eps in the middle of the night like they sometimes do?

i've never seen that. does direct tv show it later on in the night? i couldn't find it.

Lowlights Highlights from this week in Salem:

image.png.ed697a693214c30182f3a3b3ccdb3599.png
Claire's character assassination kicks off with the reveal that she's actually an unhinged pyromaniac

Legends-s4-trailer-Unicorn-600x327.png

The most completely realistic election ever takes a turn for the ridiculous

Runaways-feature.jpg

Haley expresses her displeasure to JJ over spilling her secret

Also, Abe and Sheila are besties now; Jack decides to torch JJ to protect him; Brady gives Gabi advice that I'm pretty sure she already came up with last week; and everyone continues to tell Ciara how strong and tough she is despite fainting and swooning helplessly every five minutes. Seriously, I'm amazed she can stand up under the weight of that hair without swooning into Ben/Tripp/whoever's arms.

19 hours ago, boes said:

So is Show doing a chem test on Gabi and Brady?  I could see it.....

I hope not, I don't want to watch him inevitably pull his ragey abusive caveman BS on Gabi.

18 hours ago, SueB said:

Spoiler

When he starts looking like Brandon Barash I'll be willing to plead amnesia and give him a pass on all the crap he's pulled to date.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

I saw today's episode at its regular time in AZ. So, I am guessing that tomorrow's show will be tomorrow's show and that today's might be on nbc.com.

Today we had Sarah/Eric/Rex; lots of Leo and Diana (Diana making a deal with Victor to have him help her get John back); John defending Leo after a fight with Will after Leo said some disgraceful things. Also, Justin saying that he was NOT going to take the case and yelling at the boys for going to the police in the first place without a lawyer. He did get them out of jail. tho, and John committing to tell Marlena the truth about Leo being his son, after Diana told him not to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

I hope not, I don't want to watch him inevitably pull his ragey abusive caveman BS on Gabi.

Hide contents

The only reason I'd be okay with this is that when Brady pulls that crap on Gabi - and he will - she will light him up.  And finally, Brady Black won't know what hit him.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Lowlights Highlights from this week in Salem:

Claire's character assassination kicks off with the reveal that she's actually an unhinged pyromaniac

Runaways-feature.jpg

Also, Abe and Sheila are besties now; Jack decides to torch JJ to protect him; Brady gives Gabi advice that I'm pretty sure she already came up with last week; and everyone continues to tell Ciara how strong and tough she is despite fainting and swooning helplessly every five minutes. Seriously, I'm amazed she can stand up under the weight of that hair without swooning into Ben/Tripp/whoever's arms.

Reveal spoiler

When he starts looking like Brandon Barash I'll be willing to plead amnesia and give him a pass on all the crap he's pulled to date.

This whole post is just freakin' brilliant!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I'm not getting DOOL today due to Cohan testimony, is anyone seeing it today?  Will today's episode be shown tomorrow?

You'll likely need to go through the website/app/On Demand in order to see today's episode. Anymore, they just go ahead and keep things on schedule because of what they have planned down the line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I saw today's episode at its regular time in AZ. So, I am guessing that tomorrow's show will be tomorrow's show and that today's might be on nbc.com.

Today we had Sarah/Eric/Rex; lots of Leo and Diana (Diana making a deal with Victor to have him help her get John back); John defending Leo after a fight with Will after Leo said some disgraceful things. Also, Justin saying that he was NOT going to take the case and yelling at the boys for going to the police in the first place without a lawyer. He did get them out of jail. tho, and John committing to tell Marlena the truth about Leo being his son, after Diana told him not to. 

Even though, this is Faux Diana. Did Ron explore the horrible history between Diana and Victor. Victor was obsessed with Diana and her mother Serena basically sold her to Victor, yuck.. Not to mention, Victor also had a checkered past with Anjelica. He wanted to raise Alexander as a Kiriakis and he wanted to marry Anjelica to make sure of that.. She turned to Neil, Sarah's biological father to keep Victor away from her. Victor has a long history of bullying and antagonizing women, until, he met Kate.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

The ep was dull and uninteresting.

As the new Interim DA, Ted Laurent should not be involved with the Will/Sonny/Leo case - since he had the photos. Major conflict of interest. Yeah, Sonny and Will, you both rolled the dead body in to the rug and tried to dispose of Leo. Maybe you don't need jail time, but some sort of apology and jail time.

Rex, a lot of women don't want the big gesture of flowers and balloons and a ring. Maybe ask the woman in private so she is not put on the spot and has to save face. It's sort of a do this grand thing and you'll get a 'yes'. And that 'yes' will be hard to take back. Maybe you meant well in a goofy playful sense but public proposals can be very uncomfortable.

Marlena and John, let Will and Leo slug it out.

Diana, why adjust your negligee? And why make a deal with Victor?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Even though, this is Faux Diana. Did Ron explore the horrible history between Diana and Victor. Victor was obsessed with Diana and her mother Serena basically sold her to Victor, yuck.. Not to mention, Victor also had a checkered past with Anjelica. He wanted to raise Alexander as a Kiriakis and he wanted to marry Anjelica to make sure of that.. She turned to Neil, Sarah's biological father to keep Victor away from her. Victor has a long history of bullying and antagonizing women, until, he met Kate.

Victor commented that Diana had gotten old.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Highlights from this week in Salem:

Runaways-feature.jpg

I can't decide which of these is the best....Claire/Nelson, that super creepy unicorn or Haley/the Runaways chick. Dayum, they all fit so perfectly.

Hilarious!!🤣

5 hours ago, boes said:

This whole post is just freakin' brilliant!!

I would completely agree. 😄

• Love 4
15 hours ago, worleybird said:

And, eventually a Michael Hudson character (maybe it was John Black???) will enter the story and he and Melinda will love their love-child, Haley From Here to Eternity.

I would give anything to have David Forsythe on this show!!  😍😊

Or was that John Hudson 😁

Edited by MsTree
wrong brother

I really want to post few pics of Sarah from this week's episode. Gone are the days of bangs and bird's nest. Dark brown is the right hair color for her skin tone. She looks thoroughly stunning and classy with the shoulder length curly hair and light makeup. No wonder Eric can't take his eyes off her. They are watchable since her obsession has been toned down and he's rather pleasant these days.

10frjax.jpg

Rex the hormonal teenager is so overbearing with his pushy, impatient and insensitive attitude.  I am not even sure his annoying persistence in getting Sarah to accept his proposal is really because of love. He's someone who doesn't realize that emotional intimacy is just as or more important than physical intimacy.   It's no wonder his girlfriend is thinking about another man.

I don't know what else to say about Diana or shall I say Serena Jr? TPTBs have been taking away her admirable qualities and offer no explanation at same time. I am afraid it won't take long until they throw her under the bus for Jarlena.  

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 8

Our Queen Gabi is back and easily pwning Stefan which is glorious to watch.  What is not glorious to watch is Chloe staring unblinkingly as an enraged Stefan physically manhandles Gabi.  Chloe isn't the least bit concerned at his anger issues and impulse control?  He's a delusional rapist but it's okay because he saved her from some gunmen? 

I do think Brady and Gabi working together would be awesome because she wouldn't take any of his crap.  I also like seeing Sonny and Brady back to being friendly and supportive of each other and good for Sonny for realizing that Marlena might be part of Victor's plan to get rid of Leo.  And while I like Diana's being one of the few people who can put Leo in his place, her holding his dad's death over his head's kind of sick.

• Love 7

I know I'm a broken record on this point, but I CANNOT STAND this narrative that Will and Sonny are completely innocent and are being framed by wicked Leo.  They might not have been trying to kill Leo, and he might be delighting in their misery, but they did do crimes here, THEY DID!  And no amount of Marlena calling them rolling a "dead" body in a rug and trying to dispose of it "impulsive" (?!?!) is going to change my mind, Show.

Good thing Queen Gabi was on to be a cooling balm, her circumventing Stefan O. was delicious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I do think Brady and Gabi working together would be awesome because she wouldn't take any of his crap. 

...until she does. If they are paired up as a couple, it's gonna happen.

Why won't the show reunite Gabi and JJ?

• Love 6

Loved Gabi out-maneuvering Stefan.  That stupid fucker deserves every bit of misery she's able to heap upon him.  Chloe should be rethinking Stefan as the hero given how physical he was getting with Gabi.

I liked Will and Eric today.  It's nice to see people out of their bubbles.  Speaking of, today is the first day I've seen Marlena with Victor in a very long time.  Looking forward to seeing how she fits into Victor's plan to get rid of Leo. 

LG/Sarah looks so much better with sideswept bangs/without bangs altogether.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I do think Brady and Gabi working together would be awesome because she wouldn't take any of his crap. 

...until she does. If they are paired up as a couple, it's gonna happen.

Why won't the show reunite Gabi and JJ?

Gabi being hypnotized by Brady's sex magic > Gabi hooking up with Stefan O., the man who raped a mentally ill woman who was basically masquerading as her and conspired to send her to jail.

And yeah, I'd be here for Gabi and JJ eventually, but I figure we gotta let her schemes against Abigail fade in JJ's memories before they go there again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

If Sami was in town Leo would be a spot of grease on the floor. They need to give Kate her fangs back used to be if anyone fucked with her off spring they’d be poisoned or framed for murder. 

The mayor election in Chicago is happening right now so it coincides with the Salem one. Salem is meant to be near Chicago-ish so interesting coincidence. 

Jack keeps saying he’s trying help JJ by exposing Haley. But harboring a known illegal alien is also a crime. Oops. 

• Love 6

Yeah, Rex, it isn't the best idea to propose to someone while she is at her job. And in a hospital.

I also didn't get his thinking that it is okay to have Sarah over at Eric's apartment to spend nights with him/whatever. You clear it with your brother first and maybe if it is a two bedroom apartment with bedrooms on either side of the unit, it may work better. It's a bit disrespectful. Or I am a bit old-fashioned. Eric is too polite to say anything but he also wants Sarah.

No idea what Victor gets out of a deal with Diana. I doubt very much that John is Leo's bio dad.  And if so, maybe Marlena needs to ask him about women he was involved with after she had disappeared and if there could be, to the best of his knowledge, any other offspring. It's not fair to her to have a few adult children John didn't know about sprung on her.

Nice to see Brady and Will a bit so not so self-obsessed.

Gabi, be careful with Stefan. And Chloe, you also see how he manhandles some women. You may be next. I find it odd that none of these folks have any spidey sense that they are being watched. Or that the grounds don't seem to be as secure as Stefan might like.

Chess is a hard game to learn and master. Watching some YouTube videos will only do so much. It takes time, practice, and many games.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

He gets the leverage on Leo to get Sonny out of trouble, right?  

It needs to be a mutual arrangement. There had better be something that actually has leverage and not just Leo's mom's word.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I know I'm a broken record on this point, but I CANNOT STAND this narrative that Will and Sonny are completely innocent and are being framed by wicked Leo.  They might not have been trying to kill Leo, and he might be delighting in their misery, but they did do crimes here, THEY DID!  And no amount of Marlena calling them rolling a "dead" body in a rug and trying to dispose of it "impulsive" (?!?!) is going to change my mind, Show.

Good thing Queen Gabi was on to be a cooling balm, her circumventing Stefan O. was delicious.

I hate to disagree with you on something you feel so strongly about, but IMO, Will and Sonny are about as guilty as the person who injures the person trying to do them harm.

Leo filed a fake sexual harassment lawsuit against Sonny, then tried to blackmail him and then was strangling Will when Sonny pulled his hands off Will's throat, pushed him away and Leo hit his stupid head on the mantle or fireplace or whatever.

All they did was dump his body, unfortunately ruining Maggie's nice rug in the bargain.  She might have a grievance, that lying, blackmailing POS has none.

The worst they did was interfere with the proper disposal of a body, a whole lot less than that lying sack o' shit did.  Plus Leo doesn't give a crap about being rolled in a rug, he's just thrilled he can distort events to increase his bank account.  

He's not even an interesting sociopath, for that apparently, we have Claire - and she hasn't ruined any really nice rugs, so YEA for her!

Leo deserves justice all right, but the kind where he gets punished.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That was John.

Michael Hudson was played by Kale Brown.

(I love you Another World!)

I realized that after I posted, but it makes no difference to me anyway. I'll take either one of the Hudson brothers 😜

• LOL 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, boes said:

All they did was dump his body

Exactly - they did something, they took an action, an action that was a crime!  But the narrative - having people like Marlena be all, "Oh, they were just impulsive scamps!" - makes it sound like they did absolutely nothing wrong and that Leo is framing them.  But it's not true, it's just not.

Ugh, I just need this part of the story to be over.  We know they're not going to jail so let's just get on with it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, boes said:

I hate to disagree with you on something you feel so strongly about, but IMO, Will and Sonny are about as guilty as the person who injures the person trying to do them harm.

Leo filed a fake sexual harassment lawsuit against Sonny, then tried to blackmail him and then was strangling Will when Sonny pulled his hands off Will's throat, pushed him away and Leo hit his stupid head on the mantle or fireplace or whatever.

All they did was dump his body, unfortunately ruining Maggie's nice rug in the bargain.  She might have a grievance, that lying, blackmailing POS has none.

The worst they did was interfere with the proper disposal of a body, a whole lot less than that lying sack o' shit did.  Plus Leo doesn't give a crap about being rolled in a rug, he's just thrilled he can distort events to increase his bank account.  

He's not even an interesting sociopath, for that apparently, we have Claire - and she hasn't ruined any really nice rugs, so YEA for her!

Leo deserves justice all right, but the kind where he gets punished.

ICAM!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Exactly - they did something, they took an action, an action that was a crime!  But the narrative - having people like Marlena be all, "Oh, they were just impulsive scamps!" - makes it sound like they did absolutely nothing wrong and that Leo is framing them.  But it's not true, it's just not.

Ugh, I just need this part of the story to be over.  We know they're not going to jail so let's just get on with it.

This whole Will, Sonny,Leo mess is exactly how I feel about Gabi's crimes against Abby, Chad and Stefan.  They have all hurt each other and committed crimes against each other, no one is going to get the upper hand, it's time to let it go and move onto the next storyline.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tarik Udongo said:

. . . And?  By not calling 911 when they thought he was dead, they still committed a crime by doing what they did.  Therefore, they are, in fact, guilty of a crime and thus no lesson innocent than Leo is.  We all may have done way worse, but Will and Sonny are not victims.  Never will be.

Lot more innocent than Leo IMO.  They dumped a body, he did his level best to blackmail and murder, and he's still at the blackmail part.  

They dumped a body and I agree, littering is bad.  They shouldn't have dumped his sadly not-corpse any more than they should have tossed a diet coke can out of a car window.  

Leo, on the other hand........ I know, lock him in a room with Claire!

But mainly, I can't see this as a justice issue by Salem standards when we've got Ben who killed 4 people - it's not because of him that one of those folks got revived - spent about 3 weeks in a psych hospital and now is not only the hawtest thing in shoe leather, he's also free and a hero - we've got Victor who's done some awful crap over a lot of years and paid zilch for it - Brady and his anger issues get a hand wave by show, at best, and on and on and on...... so, for me, what Will and Sonny did is pretty much nothing.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I think this story might have worked better if we had seen Will and Sonny really eaten up by guilt or regret or something when they had thought they, however accidentally/in self-defense, had ended a man's life, given they're supposed to be good guy characters.  Because then, their anger at Leo for putting them through that when he popped up alive and started blackmailing them would have, I dunno, resonated more.

Anyway, who cares, end this, Ron.  I'd rather watch Gabi file her nails for forty minutes than one more second of Will/Sonny/Leo.

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think this story might have worked better if we had seen Will and Sonny really eaten up by guilt or regret or something when they had thought they, however accidentally/in self-defense, had ended a man's life, given they're supposed to be good guy characters.  Because then, their anger at Leo for putting them through that when he popped up alive and started blackmailing them would have, I dunno, resonated more.

Anyway, who cares, end this, Ron.  I'd rather watch Gabi file her nails for forty minutes than one more second of Will/Sonny/Leo.

Well said.

This is true.  It's always Cartoon Crime Time in Salem and for me that really lessens the impact.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

John: They shouldn’t have rolled his body up in a carpet. That’s just not smart.

Excuse me for a moment.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

So John has no moral objections to disposing a dead body, just that Tweedledee and Tweedledum did a piss poor job of it. Gotta love Salem.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I enjoyed today's show, even the parts that didn't make an ounce of sense.  There's no way Hayley could continue to work at the hospital, Kayla!  She's been outed as having no valid id.  Still, I enjoyed the scenes with those two.

Jack's motives still make no sense but I do like that Eve is playing on some wants and instincts that Jack already has.  She sees that he has ambitions and is no white hat kind of guy and is not forcing him to do anything.   For whatever reason I'm enjoying their dynamic - it's different, at least.  Also, I'm enjoying Jen's (righteous, for once) exasperation.

Keeping the lighter was a dumb move, Claire.  Did she palm it or put it back in the box for Tripp to find?

On the fashion front, I really liked Jennifer's necklace, Claire's green wrap/jacket, and Eve's red and black dress (KdP looks amazing in those colors).  Ciara's outfit was hideous.

• Love 7

How did Claire use that lighter to start the fire, anyway?

Wait.  Local cops pick up ICE suspects?

Eve, you are not sorry about Jack's relationship with JJ ending.  It's what you wanted.

"I am the son of a Senator." I wouldn't go there with him, Jack.

"Campaign headquarters" is where you administer your campaign, Eve, it's not the official government office that you talk to to learn how to run campaigns.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, boes said:

I can't see this as a justice issue by Salem standards when we've got Ben who killed 4 people - it's not because of him that one of those folks got revived - spent about 3 weeks in a psych hospital 

That was Abby. Actually that was just two weeks with granny and not even a hospital. IIRC, Ben was locked up for a couple of years in the psych hospital / prison before he was legally released.

I mean, Victor is around these days like a harmless crotchety grandpa when we know he tried to kill his own son over a woman and has done much worse over the decades. Victor is still vicious and other characters still will go to him when they need something dirty done still but now it's treated as a joke. 

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This storyline is awful and BORING so I would be fine if all the characters directly involved under 43 left Salem for a very long time to find driving personalities. I lost any half-ass interest when all the older adults started fighting Will & Sonny's battles for them while they sat back and waited. Anywho, I think I get what you're saying and it's not a comparative issue on whose crimes are worse that scratches at you. I don't think it's that Leo has done much worse so in comparison Sonny and Will did nothing wrong but it's that they did do something illegal - that it's not the same degree isn't the meat of the issue - but the characters are all acting like they've done nothing at all untoward. Will & Sonny are getting the Abby is always innocent 101 narrative in this story n that because another character has done / did worse, what she did or does doesn't matter or is immaterial. I hate that black and white narrative. You can have good characters do bad things, planned or in reaction to a threat, and it's not a dealbreaker or hard to believe. Not sure why Days always leans so hard in the writing to state that "good characters" never do anything questionable or wrong. It's so one-dimensional. Good people can do bad things and that doesn't automatically make them evil or bad. I wish Days would embrace that in the writing instead of what goes on now.

I thought this week of eps was ok. Dragged at some times. I still need to watch Wednesday's pre-empted ep.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Keeping the lighter was a dumb move, Claire.  Did she palm it or put it back in the box for Tripp to find?

Perhaps, Claire kept it as a souvenir, so she can remember and enjoy what she did to Ciara in private. Since Ron wants to make her a psycho, he might as well go for broke.. Since she is a pretty girl, he can bring her back and redeem her.. Ron is all about looks, so...

• Love 6