Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I'm seriously loving John and Marlena scheming to get Leo's DNA.

Rex and Chloe do have a nice way about them.

SR/Maggie looks amazing.  I'm also liking her and Sarah as mom and daughter.

Kitty Redstone, I was going to post the same thing.  I really enjoyed Maggie and Sarah today, we haven't had enough of those two together.

Diana doesn't stand a chance.

I also like Rex with Chloe, pretty much like Rex with everybody but I think I see where and with who Rex is going to attempt to stray again and her name rhymes with Noe.  

I do like the boy but he needs to be corralled in the back yard or neutered.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Brady, if you are going to hire a professional to look after Chloe, at least tell her about it. And not have the dude be so inept that he is caught within a few minutes.

Liked Maggie and Sarah.

Diana, you will probably not win with John and Marlena. You need to be a bit more creative and over the top.

Surprised that Leo didn't smell that someone else was in the hotel room as he was rummaging to find the combination to the room safe. Will and Sonny are also lucky that they did not get caught.

Rex is probably more suited to Chloe than Sarah.

• Love 2

This stupid Diana story is making me so happy that Isabella is dead. I could only imagine what that fool Ron would have done to her at the altar of Jarlena.  We had Kristen losing her mind over John, awesome story that it was at the time. It did not need a repeat with Diana.. Every time I look at Judith Chapman with Victor today at the Kiriakis mansion, it makes me grieve what could have been with her back as Anjelica.  

• Love 8
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Every time I look at Judith Chapman with Victor today at the Kiriakis mansion, it makes me grieve what could have been with her back as Anjelica.  

OMG - you are so right. JC would have been a much better as an Angelica recast. Like Eve, I just see this Diana as a new character. This version has none of the warmth or charm Diana had, and is the wrong age. It actually makes me feel less connected to her than if she were a new character, because I “know” her, but really I don’t.

I also enjoyed the Maggie/Sarah scenes, particularly when Sarah said  “who wouldn’t be attracted to him, he’s so good looking”. Finally - a female character admitting that part of the reason she was initially attracted to a guy is because he’s hot! I hear ya Sarah. And you got some good taste. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, BoldDays said:

OMG - you are so right. JC would have been a much better as an Angelica recast.

The funny thing is she was already an Anjelica recast.  She played the part in the late 80s/early 90s.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The funny thing is she was already an Anjelica recast.  She played the part in the late 80s/early 90s.

I thought so! 

This was the first time I enjoyed anything about Sarah, and I think my heart tweaked a little over her angst. Or I'm a sucker for a good mother/daughter moment. She needs to say no to Rex until she's 100% sure, for god's sake. 

I laughed out loud at Will and Sonny doing a Three Stooges behind-the-door peek routine. Was it supposed to be funny? Lordy, those two. 

Chloe was awesome -- she doesn't need Brady to protect her, she's doing fine all on her own. Brady will never, ever, be able to read a room and get the subtle stuff right. I liked her with Rex, too. 

Eh, that's all I got these days. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, CountryGirl said:

... but it's bad enough that they are casting Y&R's Gloria and Kevin and also recycling their storyline (Kevin was abused by his father, Terrible Tom) and Gloria didn't do anything about it.

I think that Judith Chapman's acting might actually be getting worse, though the writing appears to be playing to her worst instincts. Swanning around like Cruella DeVille, making giant cartoon eyes at Victor while trying to scam Marlena -- just awful. Her cartoon effects did go well, I suppose, with the slapstick plan that Will and Sonny had for getting the goods on Leo; up to and including the Scooby Doo-style "stacked heads peeking around the corner" gag. (And I do mean "gag.") The writing on this show is absolutely unreal. They should just go all in and put Glori -- er, Diana in some sort of cooked-up histrionic hoedown with Julie.

And I still don't care about Jordan/Tamiflu.

But is it possible that my decades-long dream denied might come true? Are Jawn and Marlena really going to foil the latest of Jawn's crazy lady exes and all her transparently evil scheming by -- ::gasp:: -- having a conversation like grownups? Can it be true?

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

I think that Judith Chapman's acting might actually be getting worse, though the writing appears to be playing to her worst instincts. Swanning around like Cruella DeVille, making giant cartoon eyes at Victor while trying to scam Marlena -- just awful.

Totally agree.  Normally I really like JC but in this story as this character, she's painful to watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I do appreciate that Pop-Up Victor's jaded oafishness for once seems appropriate, where Diana is concerned. His refusal to exert himself to more than mild scorn in the face of her energetic ... whatever that is she's twisting herself up into is the "Again with this?" sigh I needed.

• Love 2

I've been having a really hard time watching what's been happening with Claire and I think I finally figured out why--there's no joy in her plots, all of her destructiveness is coming from her own insecurities and that is not fun to watch.  

When Gabi was plotting against Abby, it was glorious because Abigail was finally getting comeuppance for all of the pain she caused Gabi and CB played her gleefully getting her revenge and while I'm not a fan of Ciara's, she hasn't actively tried to hurt Claire since the whole Rafe/Hope wedding reveal, so knowing Claire tried to set her aunt on fire is just depressing.

Now onto Gabi and Brady, I do look forward to their plotting against Stefan--that should at least be entertaining.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I've been having a really hard time watching what's been happening with Claire and I think I finally figured out why--there's no joy in her plots, all of her destructiveness is coming from her own insecurities and that is not fun to watch.  

When Gabi was plotting against Abby, it was glorious because Abigail was finally getting comeuppance for all of the pain she caused Gabi and CB played her gleefully getting her revenge and while I'm not a fan of Ciara's, she hasn't actively tried to hurt Claire since the whole Rafe/Hope wedding reveal, so knowing Claire tried to set her aunt on fire is just depressing.

Now onto Gabi and Brady, I do look forward to their plotting against Stefan--that should at least be entertaining.

This.  I think one of the reasons that I'm so not in to the Diana/Marlena, Eve/Jennifer thing is because I am just SO sick of people (women especially) plotting revenge/doing evil machinations on someone over some lover.  Diana is after John, Eve is plotting revenge because she lost Brady (and getting to fight over Jack in the process).  Claire is convinced she has to get rid of Ciara (and now Haley) because otherwise she will never get a man (Theo, Tripp, any other random man on the street, etc.)  Brady was an asshole to Nicole but it was more about his ego than Eric.  He wasn't trying to get Nicole back, he was just being himself.  Leo is really more in to the life style/money than Sonny so even that just comes across as Sonny's there, not that he really wants Sonny.  I'm just so sick of women constantly degrading themselves by plotting/scheming to get a man who doesn't want them in the first place.  We KNOW they will always end up with their "true love", "love of their life" etc. ad nauseum.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Eve is plotting revenge because she lost Brady (and getting to fight over Jack in the process). 

This continues to annoy me regarding Eve's anger at Jen. Eve screwed herself over and she can't accept her own choices led to her relationship with Brady blowing up, instead blaming it on Jen. That's one reason I hate this story despite the energy in the performances as it is Eve acting like a spiteful teenager and being mad at someone even though she's the one who messed up. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 7

They actually said Tindr instead of inventing an app name.

Olivia's eyes when Haley came out were psychotic.  Nice job.

Why is JJ talking to the police without a lawyer present?

Show is going for the racism again, huh?  Camila should really protest this crap.

It seems to me that if I had a amnesia, I would try to learn about my past life and relationships, and not try to destroy all of them intentionally.

• Love 5

Gabi's vendetta against Stefan is everything.  I hope she and Brady grind him into the ground.  It'd be pretty funny if she somehow ended up with the company and the mansion.  Also, I want her coat.

I don't understand Jack's endgame.  Eve's I get - she's bitter, petty and vindictive and she's doing whatever she can to get at Jennifer.  But Jack's?  It's a strange hobby horse for a guy who doesn't know who he is and has only been back in town for half a second.

Claire doesn't learn.  And like some others have said, there's really no fun in this story even though I think ORK is doing an awesome job playing someone going to crazytown.

JJ and Lani had a nice scene today.  I wouldn't want them back together but it was good to see them acknowledge caring for each other once, and each wanting the other to be happy.

Abe and Shelia should just remain friends, coworkers (and hopefully) schemers to undercut Jack.

• Love 7

Jack was many things but he was never, never this close-minded jerk that Eve has persuaded him he is. Jack would have been helping figure out how to help Haley and then monopolize it to create a great story for the Spectator. A part of me is praying that Jack is playing Eve, that he is actually working behind her back to secure help for Haley but needs to find Haley for it to work. Sadly, I know I will be disappointed but a small part of me will not let it go until I absolutely have to.

Fully behind Gabi and Brady as partners in crime - go, destroy Stefan and his smug face.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Sandman said:

And I still don't care about Jordan/Tamiflu.

Who is this?

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Olivia's eyes when Haley came out were psychotic.  Nice job.

She is doing so well with this, which is the reason I enjoy it even though it's awful lol.

Gabi continues to be my moon and stars. I am so down for her and Brady taking down Stefan. That being said, and in spite of the fact that Stefan is super gross and also a little bit racist, I like the dynamic between him and Gabi. Once he turns into Brandon Barash I hope they have hate sex. Whatever, I don't care!

Lani's wig is so bad. Just so bad. I'm embarrassed for her. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Claire faking her way through all of those positive vibes for Haley made me chuckle.  Count me as another who enjoys all that Olivia Rose Keegan does with her eyes.  She might even convince me that Claire trying to set Ciara on fire isn't as bad as it sounds.  

Brady is the last one to be casting stones but I did love him telling Eve that she isn't making a new life for herself but stealing someone else's, even though I don't actually believe Jennifer has any more of a claim to Jack.  It's just that KdP isn't making a character driven by petty jealousy fun to watch, so I find myself actively rooting against her.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It's just that KdP isn't making a character driven by petty jealousy fun to watch, so I find myself actively rooting against her.  

And it's so middle school. Damn, these people are in their 50s. Surely there's something, ANYTHING else for Not!Eve! to do than this juvenile BS against Jennifer for...who knows, really?!

• Love 4
On 3/6/2019 at 2:00 PM, sas616 said:

All I could think of was that if Will and Sonny didn't already have enough problems with the law, now they're adding breaking and entering to the list of their crimes.

In a normal town, sure. But the only one who ever serves jail time in Salem is Gabi. Will and Sonny aren't Gabi, so, no worries!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've fallen behind, anything worth catching up, i.e. Queen Gabi doing something awesome?

Gabi was 'on fire" today....she has paired up with Brady to bring down StephonO, and when Gabi marched into the Mansion she caught Stephon getting hot & heavy & smooching with Chloe and she lit into him....Chloe jumped up & ran out of the room claiming she had to check on the kids. Gabi & Stephon were nose to nose & breathing hard as they exchanged threats.  I'm rooting for Gabi 🙂

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Gabi's vendetta against Stefan is everything.  I hope she and Brady grind him into the ground.  It'd be pretty funny if she somehow ended up with the company and the mansion.  Also, I want her coat.

I don't understand Jack's endgame.  Eve's I get - she's bitter, petty and vindictive and she's doing whatever she can to get at Jennifer.  But Jack's?  It's a strange hobby horse for a guy who doesn't know who he is and has only been back in town for half a second.

Claire doesn't learn.  And like some others have said, there's really no fun in this story even though I think ORK is doing an awesome job playing someone going to crazytown.

JJ and Lani had a nice scene today.  I wouldn't want them back together but it was good to see them acknowledge caring for each other once, and each wanting the other to be happy.

Abe and Shelia should just remain friends, coworkers (and hopefully) schemers to undercut Jack.

I agree about Abe & Sheila, they are fun together but it should stay at the Friend level, not some romance.  And JJ&Lani did have a nice scene today, Casey Moss has turned into a good actor, he brings real feeling into his scenes.  Olivia Rose(Claire) has beautiful blue eyes and she is doing a good job of showing her jealousy thru her eyes, but I don't understand why the show is turning her into a 'crazy girl",  before she was a schemer & always trying to manipulate people, but she was not Crazy. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

Stefan and Gabi were arguing and he was yelling at her in Spanish.

How very Julie of him!

Her taking him to task does sound fun, thanks friends, I will definitely make sure to catch up on it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Haley, please stop the over-exaggerated gesticulation. You are going to knock someone over at some point.

Claire, another wondrous opportunity has literally fallen in to your lap. You are a schemer and not some crazy girl. And Tripp isn't worth it. You have a lot going for you and should be able to attract a nice, decent dude.

Abe, just stay coworkers and friends with Sheila. Maybe another place and time.

Where I live, anyone can run for Mayor. No one needs to be part of any political party.

You can take the girl out of high school, but you sometimes can't take high school out of the girl. Eve, just grow up, live your own life, and not spend your days getting back at Jennifer for goodness knows what.

Chloe, be a good houseguest and be mindful of your host.

Gabi, your dress is awfully short for this time of year. Granted, it is still cold where I am living. Brrrrr. You and Brady may just get him in the end.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Claire faking her way through all of those positive vibes for Haley made me chuckle.  Count me as another who enjoys all that Olivia Rose Keegan does with her eyes.  She might even convince me that Claire trying to set Ciara on fire isn't as bad as it sounds.  

Brady is the last one to be casting stones but I did love him telling Eve that she isn't making a new life for herself but stealing someone else's, even though I don't actually believe Jennifer has any more of a claim to Jack.  It's just that KdP isn't making a character driven by petty jealousy fun to watch, so I find myself actively rooting against her.  

Claire and her crazy eyes, along with Gabi, were the best things about today's show for me.  I'm not happy about what Show seems to be doing with Claire, but I'm enjoying the performance, nonetheless.  

Gabi teaming up with Brady just might make Brady passably tolerable, at least for a while.  I'm hoping Show lets Gabi keep her fire when Brady turns on her as we know he most definitely will at some point.

I agree about how tiresome Eve's obsession with Jenn has become - I didn't even remember the latest reason for the hate until Eve was talking to Brady - but Jenn's entitlement to Jack got under my skin in record time today.  Yeah, he's being a real prick about Haley and being pretty dumb about Eve but reaaaaaaaaaaallly, Jenn, after the way you treated Jack before he fell to his "almost" death in that elevator shaft, she thinks she can slice, dice, detect and reconstruct both him and their relationship to fit her latest pair of rose colored glasses??  Jack gets to change, memory loss or not, and as important a part of Jack's redemption as Jenn was, they both did some nasty crap to each other and before his last "death", Jenn was pretty awful to him.  So take your great "love", Jenny and stick it.

It doesn't take much, IMO, for Jenn to become completely full of herself and cherry pick her past.  Abigail didn't come by those traits without a lot of help from Mommy, and Mommy seems to have kept that skill set in tip top working order.

The whole illegal immigrant storyline is annoying the hell out of me with how inaccurate things are being portrayed.  Lani and Eli would NOT be working this hard for ICE, if it was allowed at all and they sure as hell wouldn't be threatening JJ the way they are.  Ugh to it all.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Claire, another wondrous opportunity has literally fallen in to your lap. You are a schemer and not some crazy girl. And Tripp isn't worth it. You have a lot going for you and should be able to attract a nice, decent dude.

At this point, I think it's less about Tripp and more about Claire wanting something and not taking "No" for an answer.  Claire has lost her grasp on the rational realization that she could find another guy, and maybe even a better guy than Tripp.  Total tunnel vision.  

13 minutes ago, boes said:

but Jenn's entitlement to Jack got under my skin in record time today.  Yeah, he's being a real prick about Haley and being pretty dumb about Eve but reaaaaaaaaaaallly, Jenn, after the way you treated Jack before he fell to his "almost" death in that elevator shaft, she thinks she can slice, dice, detect and reconstruct both him and their relationship to fit her latest pair of rose colored glasses??  Jack gets to change, memory loss or not, and as important a part of Jack's redemption as Jenn was, they both did some nasty crap to each other and before his last "death", Jenn was pretty awful to him.  So take your great "love", Jenny and stick it.

Mine, too.  I get where she's coming from, and I imagine she's extremely frustrated that she can't do anything to help him regain his memory, but her sanctimonious tone about his recent bad behavior wasn't a good look.  As if she knows best about how he should figure out who he is now.  If she really loved him as much as she claims, she'd express her disappointment while still trying to find a way to be supportive. But we all have our bad days, lol.  

• Love 5

I hate Claire as a firestarter because it ruins an otherwise fun turn of Claire as inept schemer.

7 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Jack was many things but he was never, never this close-minded jerk that Eve has persuaded him he is. Jack would have been helping figure out how to help Haley and then monopolize it to create a great story for the Spectator.

It has been a while since I've seen the scenes but there was a time post-rape when Jack was just getting involved with the Spectator where Jack would try to use people's secrets to his own end.  Often, it was to tell a story but it was rarely about helping the subject.  He often didn't care about what the consequences were to printing a story whether the subject deserved those consequences or not.  He even took glee in the gotchya.  It was fun to watch.  IIRC, writing stories to help people was Jennifer's influence. 

So I absolutely do think there was a time in Jack's life where he would expose Hayley to further his own agenda without caring much what it'd mean to her. The problem with the story is that they showed Jack having reservations about sharing that information. I think it would have played better if he had just gone full force and then considered the consequences of what he did.  Another issue is that exposing Hayley already did its job in bumping Trask from the race. She really doesn't serve much of a purpose right now so I doubt he'd still care. 

1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Jenn's entitlement to Jack got under my skin in record time today

I actually liked what Jenn said to him today because I think it was the first time the show hinted that his change wasn't because of her.  She said that he was ruthless when she met him but he wanted to change.  And that's true.  Falling in love with Jennifer helped but he was trying to readjust his direction.

2 hours ago, boes said:

The whole illegal immigrant storyline is annoying the hell out of me with how inaccurate things are being portrayed.  Lani and Eli would NOT be working this hard for ICE, if it was allowed at all and they sure as hell wouldn't be threatening JJ the way they are.  Ugh to it all. 

Yeah.  This.

I used to think Chloe and Stefan used to have a decent vibe that might have had potential.  But I can't remember the last time a first (?) kiss killed a vibe so quick.  It just felt super awkward with his "let's kiss and if you can honestly say...."  What?  She can decide to not be with him even if she does like his kisses.  Gabi and Stefan fighting were more fun.  I'm also a little curious about Gabi and Brady.  I do like an older man/younger woman pairing.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Stefan and Gabi were arguing and he was yelling at her in Spanish.

Apparently some of us missed this, so it couldn't have been that bad. And maybe with all the shouting, he figured he could get through to her.

BTW, speaking (whether whispering or yelling) to someone in their native tongue, is NOT considered racism in my book.

• Love 4

The actress who plays Gabi is actually Cuban and from Miami I believe. And they have different colloquialisms (I’ve always found that must weird for the portrayer).

And no one says Spanish terms or idioms in anger to Rafe.  I think it’s different when you say hermano or amiga in friendship or while having a Kiki than when pissed off. I’m not Latina but been mistaken and called “hooliaaaa” mockingly and señorita or mami. 

Rex and Chloe have some nice effortless banter and chemistry. It’s funny cuz I liked her w her last man, his brother Lucas. But Lucas has that same self deprecating humor and chill AF personality I’ve never noticed before, that they are similar. 

Jack is being an a hole right now. I do agree, Jen has re-written history and her choices to him. Eric has done this regarding Nicole as well. 

I didn’t like Stefan and Gabi screaming in each other’s faces. It gave me Nick and abusive ‘ship vibes. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Lani's wig is so bad. Just so bad. I'm embarrassed for her. 

What?? A wig? I feel bad for her on the regular, just because she's stuck in this boring storyline, but I have to look closer. Honestly, I think I pick up my phone to read twitter during most of the show these days and miss half of it. 

I thought Gabi was a little too over the top -- as if she hasn't quite calmed down from the Chabby high drama-- but this is a teeny tiny criticism. She's tons of fun to watch and I like that they've turned her into a Sami kind of character. Actually, that's who she reminded me of in her scenes with Stefan -- a spirited, on-a-mission Sami as she flounced out of the room. She and Brady could be terrific. 

Eve continues to annoy the hell out of me and she makes it hard for me to enjoy Jack being back. I hope this doesn't drag on for months and months. I don't mind if it takes that long for Jennifer and Jack to be together again (because of course they will), but I want Eve out of their way soon. Isn't there something else for her to do? Cast some grown men, show, for all our sakes. 

Claire is becoming more and more entertaining -- glad ORK's  making the most of out this plot twist. 

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:20 AM, SueB said:

Brady - you were awfully kind to Gabi.  Did no one tell you about her attempt to gaslight Abigail?  Do you just not care? 

Maybe he just doesn't remember. He's like a goldfish.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

What?? A wig? I feel bad for her on the regular, just because she's stuck in this boring storyline, but I have to look closer.

Maybe it's not a wig, but it looks like one. And a very bad one, at that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

So I absolutely do think there was a time in Jack's life where he would expose Hayley to further his own agenda without caring much what it'd mean to her. The problem with the story is that they showed Jack having reservations about sharing that information. I think it would have played better if he had just gone full force and then considered the consequences of what he did.  Another issue is that exposing Hayley already did its job in bumping Trask from the race. She really doesn't serve much of a purpose right now so I doubt he'd still care. 

I actually think that Jack being ruthless and self-serving is in character even more so because he has amnesia since he is embracing his dark tendencies without any care in the world. I wish that he was the driver of the story instead of Eve.  It could have been Eve who planted the seed of using Hayley as a political pawn, but, Jack takes it to depths of depravity that scares even Eve.  This is where Anjelica could have played that role of guiding Jack's political ambitions instead of Eve. Eve hurting an innocent person like Hayley after losing Paige makes Eve look really bad. 

• Love 6

The scene with Diana opening the door numerous times to see John crying and saying Marlena had died in various ways(trampled by the bulls in Pamplona! LOL) was a funny scene & I bet was fun to film.   But, the actress really has to stop with the Gloria Swanson eyes!   Claire's scheme to get rid of Hayley is bound to blow up in her face.

• Love 7

Isn't the loft where Claire, Tripp and Ciara live the same place where Rafe, Sami, Will, and the three little kids lived?  It doesn't have enough bedrooms for Haley to have a room? Unless Will and Johnny shared a room, or Johnny shared a room with his sisters ...

"We weren't really talking about Leo." "Except when you said his name."

It's February in Illinois, and Claire is running around in that open, skimpy band jacket?

What do Sonny and Leo do all day?  Will at least allegedly has a job.

Show decided to give the anti-immigrant supporter of Jack's a Hispanic last name. I hope they're not going to turn her into a recurring character.

See?  They KNOW Leo's birthday!  

I'm officially done with Jack.

Every hospital I've ever been to has not only passwords to get into their computers, but swipe cards, as well.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Every hospital I've ever been to has not only passwords to get into their computers, but swipe cards, as well.

And HOW does some random nurse know someone's log-in credentials?   Off the top of their head?  That was just so beyond stupid - even for days!  

I figured this illegal alien thing would be BAD and it is.  Couldn't Days at least have sprung for a random day player to be chasing Haley around town?  This hiding from all the local cops - who somehow feel it is their duty to question citizens like it is an actual case (because, you know, Salem only ever has one case going at a time, so the cops don't actually have anything else to do at this point) - not even a vaguely interesting plot.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Isn't the loft where Claire, Tripp and Ciara live the same place where Rafe, Sami, Will, and the three little kids lived?  It doesn't have enough bedrooms for Haley to have a room? Unless Will and Johnny shared a room, or Johnny shared a room with his sisters ...

"We weren't really talking about Leo." "Except when you said his name."

It's February in Illinois, and Claire is running around in that open, skimpy band jacket?

What do Sonny and Leo do all day?  Will at least allegedly has a job.

Show decided to give the anti-immigrant supporter of Jack's a Hispanic last name. I hope they're not going to turn her into a recurring character.

See?  They KNOW Leo's birthday!  

I'm officially done with Jack.

Lol, yes it's the same loft.  Not only that but it apparently had endless bedrooms when Theo, Claire, Joey, and Ciara lived there.  So it clearly has at least four bedrooms.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 10:50 PM, Apprentice79 said:

This stupid Diana story is making me so happy that Isabella is dead. I could only imagine what that fool Ron would have done to her at the altar of Jarlena.  We had Kristen losing her mind over John, awesome story that it was at the time. It did not need a repeat with Diana.. Every time I look at Judith Chapman with Victor today at the Kiriakis mansion, it makes me grieve what could have been with her back as Anjelica.  

Haha JC's Diana reminds me of Serena every time she's at the Kiriakis Mansion. Perhaps the spirit of Serena has been taking possession of her daughter hence why Diana's unrecognizable.  Have you seen the preview for next week yet? 

Spoiler

It's so freaking Lifetime-ish.

Thank goodness Genie Francis didn't return for this crap. 

Odds and ends: 

- There's a thin line between hate and love; that's certainly true for the cocky mimicker and the long-nailed "demoness".  Okay  I am "allergic" to long nails (esp with nail polish). I guess that makes me homophobic to people with them lol, right?  Poor Chloe are caught in the middle between these two who have a fetish for getting into each other's face. 

- Sarah really has got this old-school classy appearance for females which used to populate Soaps back then.  Please TPTBs keep this look permanently.  Btw, I am liking the way they have been building up Sarah/Eric recently (e.g. she teased him about donut or he calm her down after calling nurse Marci).

- Rex Rex Rex... The more he talks about Sarah, the more he sounds like someone who's keeping a trophy. 

Edited by sweetautumn
fixing
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And HOW does some random nurse know someone's log-in credentials?   Off the top of their head?  That was just so beyond stupid - even for days!  

I figured this illegal alien thing would be BAD and it is.  Couldn't Days at least have sprung for a random day player to be chasing Haley around town?  This hiding from all the local cops - who somehow feel it is their duty to question citizens like it is an actual case (because, you know, Salem only ever has one case going at a time, so the cops don't actually have anything else to do at this point) - not even a vaguely interesting plot.

Not to mention, it was so heavy-handed and insulting, that hateful racist lady seemed like a skit on Saturday night live.  I wish Ron would not have written this immigrant story. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, it was so heavy-handed and insulting, that hateful racist lady seemed like a skit on Saturday night live.  I wish Ron would not have written this immigrant story. 

I wish Ron wouldn't write any story. This is soap #3 where his campy and/or ridiculous crap ruins the show.

• Love 9

Normally I don’t like Jennifer being a critical bitch  but today I liked it. She also seems more relaxed in her face and style, it’s probably from not having to deal with her horrible daughter Abigail. 

John was so funny in those day dream sequences. 

This writing sucks. The way the entire town is taking about and on a manhunt for Haley like she’s a danger when actual serial killers and rapists walk free unjudged 🙄. I’ve known a couple illegal aliens before one worked at a supermarket with me a year before he was caught. Another was friends w my mom when I was in HS. They’re more common than people or Ron thinks, hell David Dobrik is an illegal alien. I digress  😂 

Another weird AF thing is the timing lag. Whyyyy is Diana NOW wanting John back? Like who the hell waits like 40 years to get back their ex? And whyyyy does the Mexican cartel over a year later exacting revenge on Chloe? Whyyy did Jordan wait way long after Bens crime spree to “stop” him? Is there that much of a storyline or creativity drought Ron is revisiting old ass shit.  At this rate he’s going to bring back Jan. 

Jacks campaign supporter was hysterical about following laws and being honest then 20 minutes later broke 2 serious laws for an idiotic reason. 

Jack and Jennifer’s banter isn’t exactly Tracey and Hepburn. 😖

Stefan O is creepy. 

• Love 8