Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

So, how long before Gabi and Stefan have the infamous "hate sex" and then, miracle of miracles. . . she CAN have a baby!

I want her to have another child, but I do not want her baby to be a spawn of a demon.,

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Is Chloe going to be safer from drug lords in the Kiriakis mansion than in the DiMera mansion?

I doubt it. People seem to come and go at will in both of these “mansions”. I would think they’d have better security considering the number of free-roaming murderers in the area.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Retired at last said:

So, how long before Gabi and Stefan have the infamous "hate sex" and then, miracle of miracles. . . she CAN have a baby!

May.  Just in time for sweeps.  And if she isn’t full on pregnant, she’ll either have a scare or a miscarriage then she’ll have to pretend to be pregnant or something else totally stupid.  It is Ron.

• Love 6

I am an ep behind on the show (two once today's ep airs) 

I am entertained by the Gabi and Stefan stuff. Looking forward to more of that.

I enjoyed Ciara and Ben at the hospital, with and without Rex. She did take the "I don't want to be mistaken for Chloe" disguise to a silly level. 

Brady telling Sarah that Eric lacks impulse control... I wanted Sarah to laugh in Brady's face at that. I honestly don't think Brady cares about Rex's feelings to the degree he claims to. I think Brady just wants to stick it to Eric cause he thinks he's the victim in what he did to Nicole when he realized she wanted Eric more than him. 

I still don't care about any of the Will/Sonny stuff (although LOL to acting like other people in town didn't actually do all the work to get rid of Leo while they coasted) nor anything surrounding Marlena in the hospital (again) or Haley's poorly done immigration story (although, JJ comes off creepy... they have him acting like this girl is the love of his life that he'll throw away his life for in order to protect her and I doubt he even knows her middle name. So many story and character beats skipped to convince me that this is a reciprocated romance let alone a love story).

Eli and Lani are getting a little bit more screentime. I don't think they're terrible but I can't move past meh with their scenes. I just don't see any chemistry still between them despite Eli being charming. 

• Love 6

Salem is just Dullsville these days. I open this forum every morning -- in the past, I've had things stored up in my head to post, but now I sit and think, "what did happen yesterday....wait, did I watch it last night? Oh yeah...meh." Although Claire's shenanigans are a bit entertaining and the camera sure does love both Chloe and Gabi -- but that's not enough to sustain my interest overnight, even. 

I need the Jack and Jenn side of the plot to heat up and get more air time. And I deliberately excluded Eve from that equation. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Salem is just Dullsville these days. I open this forum every morning -- in the past, I've had things stored up in my head to post, but now I sit and think, "what did happen yesterday....wait, did I watch it last night? Oh yeah...meh." Although Claire's shenanigans are a bit entertaining and the camera sure does love both Chloe and Gabi -- but that's not enough to sustain my interest overnight, even. 

I need the Jack and Jenn side of the plot to heat up and get more air time. And I deliberately excluded Eve from that equation. 

That's exactly how I'm feeling too.  I watch, but I'm easily distracted.  I think I could end up playing with a ball of string if this keeps up.

When Will collapsed, my first thought was that he passed out from boredom.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Salem is just Dullsville these days.

I am liking some of the scenes but many of the overall stories aren't really clicking for me.

So I'm able to still enjoy parts of Days while overall I'm not much invested in the outcomes of stories. Not sure what is going on cause I feel like usually an issue for Ron is too much story that can wild out without solid breakdowns and continuity. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
added something
  • Love 3

I've been on the fence about the Sara character.  I felt she was coming on WAY too strong at the beginning about the whole Holly/custody thing.  She'd been in town all of 5 minutes and somehow knew everybody's strengths and weaknesses regarding raising a child.

However, I was really glad when she simply confessed to Rex what happened.  We have been saved WEEKS of threats, lies and misunderstandings!  Of course, we ALL can see it a mile away that she is only marrying Rex because Eric told her he wasn't interested in her.  Just ONCE on a soap, I would like a woman to not settle for some man just because he is available and in to her, especially since she really wants another man who is not in to her.  I know it's too much to hope she would have the self awareness to realize that if she was developing feelings for Eric that should mean she does not have the right feelings for Rex.  

Edited by DaphneCat
  • Love 8

I am not rooting for anyone in this storyline but Claire's the only one not annoying me [yet]

I feel the exact opposite. When it was Claire vs. Ciara I was more on Claire's side most of the time because Ciara was ridiculous especially with her wanting revenge on Claire over Theo. Claire would do stupid things but they were mostly trivial things. Claire kind of lost my support when we found out she tried to BURN HER AUNT ALIVE for basically no reason. Why would I ever root for a character who did that? I don't care how much "fun" the actress seems to be having. Don't get me wrong, while I do think the actresses' performance is way too over the top at times, some of the things they've had her do has been entertaining (the screaming into the pillow thing) but not enough for me to want to see Claire prevail here or feel any sympathy for her.

She lost me, even more, when she joined forces with Jack and Eve and pulled that stunt with barging into the loft, having Haley arrested, and filming it. I wanted all three of them to go down hard after that. And the thing is, Tripp and Haley attempting to get married wouldn't even be happening if Claire hadn't gone behind their backs and done that. Like a  lot of the crappy situations that Claire has found herself in recently, this is a problem of her own making.

Is Tripp being a crappy boyfriend? Sure. But he knows that and has admitted it and I love the way the actor plays certain things with Claire in that he knows he's doing something not great when it comes to her and does feel bad about it. While Tripp doesn't know the things that Claire has done, I do, so that makes any sympathy I could possibly have for her go right out the window because her behavior is faaaaaar worse than Tripp's. It also doesn't help that Claire has had choices every step of the way here. When Tripp approached Claire about hiding Haley at the loft he asked her how she felt about it. He was prepared to try and find someplace else to hide her. Sure, he would have been mad if Claire had admitted the truth and said she didn't want Haley there but she had the option to be honest but instead she choose to lie and be completely two-faced to Tripp and Haley and then go behind their backs to do something that could have landed Tripp, who she claims to care about so much, in a heap of trouble. Even now with Tripp and Haley getting married she had other choices. Tripp admitted he was being a bad boyfriend and he was asking a lot of her and told her she could break up with him. Again, not a choice that Claire liked but she had that option. She had every right to be mad at what Tripp was asking of her and every right to dump him but once again she chose to lie and hatch schemes behind everyone's backs.  She's an asshole and I relish seeing her plans, hopefully soon, blow up in her face.

• Love 5

Rex is awful and a hypocrite but I am done with Eric after today.  Sarah's not perfect with her involvement in the triangle but at least she's upfront about her feelings and owns up to her mistakes. Mr. I-looks-like-I'm-gonna-bursting-into-tears on the other hands,  let's just say that I don't know if he's the man for her based on his present and past actions. He was like a dog with a bone about her personal life; he slut-shaming her for sleeping with Xander then sniffed her blouse like a creeper. On top of that, he had no problems being territorial/possessive/jealous, but doesn't have the guts to be upfront about his own feelings for her.  Eric should be thankful that Sarah saved his ass today.  I am just tired of hearing his "Nicole" and "God" excuses. Sarah actually has a personality, and it's sad to see herself being wasted on this guy. 

Claire's hysterical.  Who needs lighter when she could go for the stealth kill by using her telekinetic skills lol.  Joking aside, hopefully ORK can come back sometimes later. 

Edited by Guest

I'm sorry, what makes Haley a user?

If it's revealed that Jack's nephew is involved in this fake marriage plan to keep an undocumented immigrant in the country that's somehow going to make Jack the mayor?

Is it appropriate for the Mayor to discuss personal matters with policemen? Isn't there a police chief?

So much unprofessional behavior in the hospital hallways.

My local NBC station did an emergency alert test in the middle of the Jen and Hope scene.  I've never seen that happen before.

Rex the cheater is upset that his girlfriend kissed another guy.  Bwahahaha

Claire really is coming across as a psychopath.

I wish Show would delve into Eve's motivations, if only just a little.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, boes said:

That's exactly how I'm feeling too.  I watch, but I'm easily distracted.  I think I could end up playing with a ball of string if this keeps up.

When Will collapsed, my first thought was that he passed out from boredom.

LOL!!! With Leo gone that's probably how he felt.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The extra in the background of the Rex/Sarah/Eric scenes was fabulous. He was in yesterday's ep too being funny in the background. I need him in the background of all scenes. I might even watch the really boring ones if he's there!

I liked the Rex/Sarah scenes. I kinda wish they'd give them the story rather than this Eric/Sarah bullshit. I am so utterly over Eric.

I loved Jen's dress. The color was so great.

Claire was showing her insane self so much today, I don't know how none of them saw what a crazy person she is. ORK is so fun to watch.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

May.  Just in time for sweeps.  And if she isn’t full on pregnant, she’ll either have a scare or a miscarriage then she’ll have to pretend to be pregnant or something else totally stupid.  It is Ron.

Or Gabi/Stefan are a couple she cheats on him and ends up pregnant with that kid but passes it off as Stefan's .....

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Rex is awful and a hypocrite but I am done with Eric after today.  Sarah's not perfect with her involvement in the triangle but at least she's upfront about her feelings and owns up to her mistakes. Mr. I-looks-like-I'm-gonna-bursting-into-tears on the other hands,  let's just say that I don't know if he's the man for her based on his present and past actions. He was like a dog with a bone about her personal life; he slut-shaming her for sleeping with Xander then sniffed her blouse like a creeper. On top of that, he had no problems being territorial/possessive/jealous, but doesn't have the guts to be upfront about his own feelings for her.  Eric should be thankful that Sarah saved his ass today.  I am just tired of hearing his "Nicole" and "God" excuses. Sarah actually has a personality, and it's sad to see herself being wasted on this guy. 

Claire's hysterical.  Who needs lighter when she could go for the stealth kill by using her telekinetic skills lol.  Joking aside, hopefully ORK can come back sometimes later. 

Sarah is in the wrong triangle I rather see a Brady/Sarah/Xander triangle than a Rex/Sarah/Eric one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm sorry, what makes Haley a user?

If it's revealed that Jack's nephew is involved in this fake marriage plan to keep an undocumented immigrant in the country that's somehow going to make Jack the mayor?

Is it appropriate for the Mayor to discuss personal matters with policemen? Isn't there a police chief?

So much unprofessional behavior in the hospital hallways.

My local NBC station did an emergency alert test in the middle of the Jen and Hope scene.  I've never seen that happen before.

Rex the cheater is upset that his girlfriend kissed another guy.  Bwahahaha

Claire really is coming across as a psychopath.

I wish Show would delve into Eve's motivations, if only just a little.

I think she's thoughtless and entitled more than anything I mean she doesn't want to marry JJ fine I could understand that but how is a dude who already has a GF a better option. He.has.a.girlfriend.

Not one person is going to point out how douchey Tripp is for that or that Haley is being totally inconsiderate of Claire. It would be one thing if Tripp did this as a single dude or if even Claire suggested it strangely but neither was the case here. 

Haley had many options to stay here legally besides this and instead of being proactive she has no problem dragging others into her problems. 

Course we would be spared this stupid story if she was allowed to use logic but I digress.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Claire certainly let the mask slip today!  She was downright menacing when she told Haley to keep her hands off Tripp.  Her manic behavior (Propose on social media! Give her my ring! No that lighter doesn't work! I'm ok with this!!!) should be a giant blinking red light to Tripp and JJ but they're too stupid to see it. 

I missed the first 30 minutes or so and don't know what Hope should have told Abe, but really it's not important.  It was funny seeing Hope accuse Rafe of 1) trying to deep-six Ted and 2) to get back at her for being named commissioner.  Why are these two married again?  She doesn't trust him AT ALL.

Missy Reeves looked great with her hair pulled back.  It was much softer than the severe bun or pony she's worn in the past.  Anyway, I wonder when Jen is going to start looking in to where Jack's been and why he came back so fucking mean?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think she's thoughtless and entitled more than anything I mean she doesn't want to marry JJ fine I could understand that but how is a dude who already has a GF a better option. He.has.a.girlfriend.

Not one person is going to point out how douchey Tripp is for that or that Haley is being totally inconsiderate of Claire. It would be one thing if Tripp did this as a single dude or if even Claire suggested it strangely but neither was the case here. 

Haley had many options to stay here legally besides this and instead of being proactive she has no problem dragging others into her problems. 

Course we would be spared this stupid story if she was allowed to use logic but I digress.

Haley barely has a personality and yet we are watching JJ and Tripp damn near lose their minds trying to make sure she stays in this country--I don't get it and how she talks to JJ in this soft voice, like he's going to jump off the roof if he can't have her is just so damn irritating.

And I know that Claire's trying to kill Ciara was a horrible and criminal act but trying to get Haley deported does not rise to that level and the show acting as if this is just another evil thing Claire is doing is laughable.

• Love 10

I definitely think JJ will be suspicious he does seem to be the only one concerned for Claire though asking if she was ok with this. 

2 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Haley barely has a personality and yet we are watching JJ and Tripp damn near lose their minds trying to make sure she stays in this country--I don't get it and how she talks to JJ in this soft voice, like he's going to jump off the roof if he can't have her is just so damn irritating.

And I know that Claire's trying to kill Ciara was a horrible and criminal act but trying to get Haley deported does not rise to that level and the show acting as if this is just another evil thing Claire is doing is laughable.

See what Claire is doing now doesn't bother me that's what I expect for her as a a schemer trying to set her aunt on fire is another story. Even Sami never attempted to murder her own relatives and that's saying a lot.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Or Gabi/Stefan are a couple she cheats on him and ends up pregnant with that kid but passes it off as Stefan's .....

And that would be with Brady.

• Love 5

While I don't think Hailey should be deported to China, I AM up for her being repatriated to YouAin'tAllThatistan and while they're at it, Tripp can be boxed up and snail-mailed to Dumbasfuckylvania.

JJ would stand a better chance of happiness with a blow-up doll.

Sarah and Eric make Rex look like Jonas Salk.  I really, really want to see Eric start crying again.

So Hope thinks Ted was "there" for her?  Huh?  Could she tell by the slug stains he leaves in his wake?  Is she so used to Rafe's that she can't tell one stain from another?

Wow, Abe is so noble, isn't he?  He doesn't give a shit about Ted's shady past, unless it might have a negative impact on his mayoral campaign.  Because he's just so great as Mayor and Jack would destroy the town.  Which is in such great shape right now.  Which you can tell by the crack police department......

They should put up a statue.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 3/25/2019 at 11:31 PM, Kitty Redstone said:
On 3/25/2019 at 10:58 PM, A.J. said:

I'm not familiar with this actress but I find her extremely mesmerizing.  I can't look away when she's on the screen. 

In a good way or a bad way?

In a good way for me.  I didn't think I would care at all about this character, but she proved me wrong.  I was thoroughly entertained by her.  

1 hour ago, boes said:

While I don't think Hailey should be deported to China, I AM up for her being repatriated to YouAin'tAllThatistan and while they're at it, Tripp can be boxed up and snail-mailed to Dumbasfuckylvania.

JJ would stand a better chance of happiness with a blow-up doll.

Sarah and Eric make Rex look like Jonas Salk.  I really, really want to see Eric start crying again.

So Hope thinks Ted was "there" for her?  Huh?  Could she tell by the slug stains he leaves in his wake?  Are is she so used to Rafe's that she can't tell one stain from another?

Wow, Abe is so noble, isn't he?  He doesn't give a shit about Ted's shady past, unless it might have a negative impact on his mayoral campaign.  Because he's just so great as Mayor and Jack would destroy the town.  Which is in such great shape right now.  Which you can tell by the crack police department......

They should put up a statue.

Ideally Melinda should be mayor because she's the best choice even if she's totally disappeared from the show at the moment. One would think she would react to her sister marrying Tripp.

You laugh but with each passing year Eve was probably one of JJ's better love interests same with him for her considering the bad stories she's also gotten.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ideally Melinda should be mayor because she's the best choice even if she's totally disappeared from the show at the moment. One would think she would react to her sister marrying Tripp.

The best idea for Salem would be a write-in campaign for the blow-up doll.

• LOL 4

I really, really can't believe how they've wasted Tripp as a prop in these idiotic girl's lives. The actor could easily carry a heroic storyline, a la John or Steve or Bo in their prime. He's handsome and likeable and looks a hell of a lot more clever and intelligent than the other men in Salem. Why isn't he working at Black Patch? I feel like Paul got a lot more chances to be a dynamic leading male, and I didn't even particularly like that character.

Once they moved past Tripp trying to kill Kayla, they really should have set him off in a bold new direction. Instead all he does is work at that stupid restaurant with no ambition apparently. When was the last time he mentioned wanting to be a doctor? It feels like years ago.

Ciara, Claire, Jade and Haley are all much younger than him and pretty much morons, sad to say.

It's depressing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Claire is demented.  Did she actually stamp her foot when she was demanding that Tripp take her to the Salem Inn?  Why does Tripp not see that his girlfriend is manic and psychotically clingy? 

Also, I do not need to see Claire and Tripp with their clothes off.

I like JJ being suspicious about that lighter, what with the way Claire reacted when he suggested using it to light candles.  He's smarter than Tripp and realizes that the lighter is verrrry important to her.  It's downright creepy that the writers have Claire keeping trophies, but ORK is killing it.

Jack and Eve are flat-out jerks.  There needs to be movement in this story, stat.  MA is being wasted.

I'm looking forward to finding out the identity of Jordan's baby-daddy.

• Love 12

Doesn't JJ live in the boarding house that Kate used to own?  He has nosy neighbors with peepholes?

Did Jack hide behind Eve when Claire burst into the room?

Who is ostensibly paying for this stay at the Salem Inn?  Tripp is a waiter and Claire doesn't have a job.

"You would sell your own mother, if you could remember her name." Ouch, JJ.  Love it. "I wish to hell that you'd stayed dead."

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Doesn't JJ live in the boarding house that Kate used to own?  He has nosy neighbors with peepholes?

Did Jack hide behind Eve when Claire burst into the room?

Who is ostensibly paying for this stay at the Salem Inn?  Tripp is a waiter and Claire doesn't have a job.

"You would sell your own mother, if you could remember her name." Ouch, JJ.  Love it. "I wish to hell that you'd stayed dead."

Claire is a waitress and Instagram model. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

No, he's in what used to be Will and Sonny's apartment, minus the bedroom which now is the bathroom.  

Everybody ELSE lives in the Martin House aka Eli's Home for the Boned and Lonely.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

My reaction after watching today's epi:  how more Lifetime-ish can it get? This is pure comedy. 

I am ok to indifferent on the younger women in Salem but I don't like to see women stepped on to lift up Tripp, who isn't all that smart himself if he thinks asking his girlfriend to keep their relationship a secret so he can bail out a virtual stranger by marrying her as well as asking his girlfriend to buy him a ring for that wedding. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I am ok to indifferent on the younger women in Salem but I don't like to see women stepped on to lift up Tripp, who isn't all that smart himself if he thinks asking his girlfriend to keep their relationship a secret so he can bail out a virtual stranger by marrying her as well as asking his girlfriend to buy him a ring for that wedding. 

I must have missed it but Tripp asked Claire to buy Haley a ring?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

My reaction after watching today's epi:  how more Lifetime-ish can it get? This is pure comedy. 

If only it were funnier. Jack and Eve, at least, should be funny or delightfully scheming.  Only Gabi and Claire reach that level of fun.  Jack and Eve are written with the depth of a Love Boat couple.  I mean, they're sleeping in the same bed but not having sex?  Why not just use the same hotel room set and pretend they're two different rooms?

Claire is fun, though.  And she sometimes gives me Cynthia Watros as GL's Annie Dutton vibes when the eyes bug out.  I feel like she and JJ could have chemistry.  Are they related in any way?  Wouldn't that be standard soap.  Their love interests' stupid plan ends up throwing them together. 

I rolled my eyes with the inelegant dialogue of JJ being upset that Ciara was still hanging with Ben, sharing the reason why and then Ben saying that he didn't start the fire.  "Sure, I held your sister at gunpoint while she gave birth and then shot the midwife but I didn't start the fire."  Okaaaay.  But I guess JJ had to have some reason to connect that stupid lighter clue.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Claire is fun, though.  And she sometimes gives me Cynthia Watros as GL's Annie Dutton vibes when the eyes bug out.  I feel like she and JJ could have chemistry.  Are they related in any way?  Wouldn't that be standard soap.  Their love interests' stupid plan ends up throwing them together. 

via Horton cousins Hope (Claire's granny) and Jennifer (JJ's mom). There may be other connections since Claire is pretty much related to everyone in Salem but that popped in to my mind first.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really, really can't believe how they've wasted Tripp as a prop in these idiotic girl's lives. The actor could easily carry a heroic storyline, a la John or Steve or Bo in their prime. He's handsome and likeable and looks a hell of a lot more clever and intelligent than the other men in Salem. Why isn't he working at Black Patch? I feel like Paul got a lot more chances to be a dynamic leading male, and I didn't even particularly like that character.

Once they moved past Tripp trying to kill Kayla, they really should have set him off in a bold new direction. Instead all he does is work at that stupid restaurant with no ambition apparently. When was the last time he mentioned wanting to be a doctor? It feels like years ago.

Ciara, Claire, Jade and Haley are all much younger than him and pretty much morons, sad to say.

It's depressing.

I wish LA was brought on as Joey instead of Tripp but his romantic options would've been severely limited. Tripp had a lot of potential much like JJ then they tamed both these guys and shoved them to the background. I think the show could've used both these guys set up a legit rivalry between them the next generation Jack/Steve in a way. Course it would help if Steve was around but these writers don't have vision.

JJ could be like Jack the grey shady guy who isn't above much to get what he wants but is willing to use his bad ways for good and protective of the family members he does have.

While Tripp is more like Steve who has an edge but is overall a good guy through and through. 

Course that would've required the show to care about either of these characters to make this type of investment and they don't compared to the other characters the show chooses to covert.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I must have missed it but Tripp asked Claire to buy Haley a ring?

Get / give them a ring not buy (my bad). Still tacky but only slightly less so than having Claire buy them one. Claire dug a ring out of her jewelry box to give Haley. JJ sees the cabin fire lighter cause he asks to use it to light candles. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

via Horton cousins Hope (Claire's granny) and Jennifer (JJ's mom). There may be other connections since Claire is pretty much related to everyone in Salem but that popped in to my mind first.

That's how they're related. That being said I'm all for a JJ/Claire friendship or alliance. Even better if Claire can get JJ to go back to the dark side.

• Love 4

Glad to see JJ/Jack interact and JJ even interact with Ben/Ciara its different and needed.

Sadly I prefer him in this mode than in his actual storyline.

I did find it telling that JJ didn't mention Paige(or Serena) in his rant at all which makes me wonder if the show will retcon Serena/Paige's murders.

I mean it makes sense for him to mention Abby but not his ex GF Paige considering he told Haley that Ben killed her last month. 

I'd like to be wrong and hope the show doesn't go this gutless route and yet I think they will😞

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

So second cousins once removed?  Figured they'd be related considering how everyone is related to everyone here. 

But eh, if they have chemistry, that's far enough apart for me.  Hell, I even shipped Jon and Tammy on GL so almost third cousins won't faze me.

• Love 3

I'm not defending Rafe - that's a literal impossibility for me to EVER do - but WTF is Hope's problem?  Does she go to the bathroom with him, too?  She's gotta have a screw loose to want him around anyway, much less all the time.  You think she'd be glad for a break, if only for the smell.

Ciara giving Ben a bath was supposed to be sexy and intimate?

giphy.gif

Isn't it romantic?

Quite the snit face Ciara put on when JJ had the gall to mention Ben's serial killing hobby.  I'm starting to think that He is too good for HER.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish LA was brought on as Joey instead of Tripp but his romantic options would've been severely limited. Tripp had a lot of potential much like JJ then they tamed both these guys and shoved them to the background. I think the show could've used both these guys set up a legit rivalry between them the next generation Jack/Steve in a way. Course it would help if Steve was around but these writers don't have vision.

JJ could be like Jack the grey shady guy who isn't above much to get what he wants but is willing to use his bad ways for good and protective of the family members he does have.

While Tripp is more like Steve who has an edge but is overall a good guy through and through. 

Course that would've required the show to care about either of these characters to make this type of investment and they don't compared to the other characters the show chooses to covert.

Great post, I agree totally and wish you could have a word with the writers : ) 

It was refreshing to see those four interact - but man, this story is really going downhill at lightening speed. I FF regularly through Ben/Ciara scenes (my apologies, Rob, lol) and the Hope/Rafe scenes and Eli/Lani scenes as it is. Come on, show, do better. 

• Love 7

If I was Claire's friends and family, I would be gently guiding her to a visit with Grandma Marlena.  She's gone from self-centered whiny to eye-popping manic in less time than it takes to exchange something on Amazon.  

Edited by Phebemarie
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

If I was Claire's friends and family, I would be gently guiding her to a visit with Grandma Marlena.  She's gone from self-centered whiny to eye-popping manic in less time than it takes to exchange something on Amazon.  

Her family barely acknowldeges her just saying.

• Love 10

Claire is possibly the most interesting character to watch right now. I have no idea what she’ll do day to day and the actress puts such fun twists on the material. Occasionally when delivering lines she’ll do a little clap or hand flutter to act like she’s performing when being “nice”. And when she’s thinking or upset her eyes get this steely cast. I was concerned she’d be one note and I didn’t like what Show was doing to the epitome of nice, Shelle’s offspring and Marlena’s grand-baby it makes no sense. But I can’t deny she’s a pleasure to watch. 

The hospital Cin scenes were corn 🌽 city. All this fuss over a scuffed hand. All I can’t think about is how much severe the injuries and casualties he’s inflicted why they carry on over a scratch. 

At Jordan’s mental hospital they understand self care is important which is why even if you’re in restraints the nurse will simply apply your mascara and lipstick for you.  I’m pretty sure Jordan’s child is Rafe’s. Interesting during captive cabin and her crime spree it never occurred to her the baby’s whereabouts or safety (even while v poorly caring for Failures infant, such material instinct and experience on display). This writing sucks 😂

Jennifer acted like she wanted a bit of Ted for herself. I wouldn’t be opposed to a chem test. I knew no one was going to eat the cake. 

Yes the way JJ and Tripp are completely obsessed with Haley, an almost stranger, to the point she’s all they talk about and are willing to face 5 years jail time to protect is bizarre. JJ even gets this eerie stare looking at her sometimes when she’s by Tripp and she talks to him in this tentative way. 

Eve’s dress and Claire blue top were pretty and so spring and I like Eve taking Claire under her wing in an almost motherly way, they have chemistry but KdP has always clicked with women actors. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13