Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Yesterday, Eve ordered a mimosa.  Today, Eric brought her one and she acted like he was offering it to her for free.

"Where did you get that teeny tiny little fireman's outfit"?

Rafe is Eli's partner?  I thought Lani was his partner.

I'm already tired of this baby.

I can't believe Rex and Sarah left without starting working on a plan for treating Will's tumor.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Yesterday, Eve ordered a mimosa.  Today, Eric brought her one and she acted like he was offering it to her for free.

And then he brought her another one, which it seemed she asked him to do, when she still had some of her first one left. 

Rafe is Eli's partner?  I thought Lani was his partner.

Yea, that confused me, too. If Rafe is Eli's partner why has he been working cases with Lani all the time?

I will now be fast forwarding all the Will related scenes. It's too bad, this could have been a fun, stupid little story for Sonny/Will but they went with dreadful and angsty instead. 

Boring ep tbh. The Jack and Jen scenes/flashbacks were cute, but not enough to really grab me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I can't believe I forgot about Vern until I saw that clip. I used to love him being the father figure to Jack that he really needed in that time

And, if I remember right, Vern ended up marrying (recast) Jo, so he actually ended up as Jack's stepfather.

• Love 2

No you are correct he did become Jack's stepfather. Abby used to refer to Vern as "Grandpa Vern" and honestly compared to the actual grandfather she had Vern was the best of the bunch(which doesn't take much)

• Love 3

I know that many people probably loved the Jennifer fire stunt and trapping Jack to relive their past, but I thought it was dumb. First, she either started a small fire or did something so that there was smoke in the hallway and rooms - that should be a crime. Second, HE DOESN'T WANT HER ANYMORE. OK, he doesn't remember their past life, but he doesn't seem to care. Now, she can be in trouble for kidnapping him and him getting hurt, although we know that means he will remember something. I have never been a big Jack fan, mostly because the stories they had for him were cartoony, but I know that many people did love them together. I hope they get what they are waiting for. For me, it has been dragged on for too long and I generally FF through any scene that involves Eve.

• Love 3

Add me to the fans who enjoyed the "throw back clips" of J&J....I Loved them back in the day & these clips reminded me how cute they were together!  Jennifer, today, reminded me of the 'old" spunky Jennifer & I enjoyed their scenes together today, even if it was rather un-realistic.  Now that Jack got bonked on the head by the boxes, will he suddenly regain his memory?

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Only the first half hour recorded. Guess I didn't miss much.

Jack and Jenn looked so young and so feisty and full of energy in the flashbacks. And there was money for outdoor shoots!

The outdoor shoots were so terrific & fun!  Marlena & John getting married in Hawaii, the whole storyline at the Mayan ruins in Mexico, etc...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

For me, it has been dragged on for too long and I generally FF through any scene that involves Eve.

I am a J&J fan and this was maybe the first good scene for them in well over a month.  It's hard to love the story when it's basically this stupid political story with Eve and they're not even writing a legitimate connection between Jack and Eve.  So I wish I could tell you that at least one fan base is getting what they want but....I guess I should just be glad that he's still alive. Again.

The problem with trying to recreate old scenes and then flashing back to those old scenes is goodness how the money differential is obvious.  The fire truck.  The outdoor shots.  A new cabin set.  A cliff set. Rescue Me playing in the background. It wasn't even their wedding and the money was spent.

I even liked the Eve and Eric scenes, especially the way he teased her when he revealed himself to her.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I know that many people probably loved the Jennifer fire stunt and trapping Jack to relive their past, but I thought it was dumb. First, she either started a small fire or did something so that there was smoke in the hallway and rooms - that should be a crime. Second, HE DOESN'T WANT HER ANYMORE. OK, he doesn't remember their past life, but he doesn't seem to care. Now, she can be in trouble for kidnapping him and him getting hurt, although we know that means he will remember something. 

On Days consent doesn’t exist. This is why rape is justified and sexual harassment is depicted as humorous or flirting. 

Dafuq was Hope’s convo to Eli? He’s insubordinatate and she’s disparaging her husband and coworker. giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5caea0f53857343867Imagine humoring your boss as they ramble about insecure love life bullshit and unfulfilled needs, when you’re simply wanting to do your job. 

Sarah’s dress and hair looked nice!  

Hard to react to Will’s crisis Du Jour. Since it’s a perpetual rotisserie of this shit it’s lost it’s value. It’s the soap opera story version of the broadcast system weekly alert test. It was nice seeing Sonny care for him. 

Thank You Abigail isn’t here stinking up the joint 🙌🏼  I just imagine her fucking up the Jack story and JJ/Haley plot with her unique sociopath MEMEME banshee antics. 

In the flashbacks young Jack looks just like current day (Days?) JJ and Jen/MR was adorable; which is hard to remember sometimes since she can appear so severe and tense for past few years. It’s funny how the entire family has such small features, delicate bone structure, and soft cheeks except Abigail.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I know that many people probably loved the Jennifer fire stunt and trapping Jack to relive their past, but I thought it was dumb. First, she either started a small fire or did something so that there was smoke in the hallway and rooms - that should be a crime. Second, HE DOESN'T WANT HER ANYMORE. OK, he doesn't remember their past life, but he doesn't seem to care. Now, she can be in trouble for kidnapping him and him getting hurt, although we know that means he will remember something. I have never been a big Jack fan, mostly because the stories they had for him were cartoony, but I know that many people did love them together. I hope they get what they are waiting for. For me, it has been dragged on for too long and I generally FF through any scene that involves Eve.

I see Jack's future.  Lot of whining, begging and groveling for JJ and Jennifer's forgiveness.

• Love 4

I loved today - the flashbacks, the fighting, the love, oh the love. But where was the cave sex and magical diaphragm that made it through a sinking ship and a life raft crashing on the beach?

Today reminded me of old school Jack and Jenn with her fighting for them and him denying his feelings while knowing deep inside that he feels the same. Also, Jennifer did that trick with the key before, right before Emilio proposed. I was waiting for her to say "you want the key, come and get and it."

And the look on Jack's face, he is definitely feeling something for Jennifer but trying his best to ignore it or hide it. Eve is safe right now but hopefully the knock on the head will knock some sense into him but I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen.

I keep imaging how much better this story would have been if Eve were not involved. My story would have had Jack being threatened by the drug dealers he exposed and Steve taking advantage of the elevator accident to whisk his brother to safety. When Jack finally wakes up, he has no memory and Steve decides not to tell him anything other than he is Steve's brother and helps set up Jack in a new town with a new identity. Jack falls in love with someone who moves to Salem, maybe she is a doctor and joins the hospital, and he meets up with her a few months after she arrives. There, a love triangle and some real angst without the BS mayor's race or this poorly executed immigration story line.

Also loved the scenes with Eric and Eve. Eric is a lot more fun when he isn't pining over one of his brother's girlfriends.

And the flashbacks - yes, all of you who weren't watching or even alive in the 80's, soaps used to actually spend money on outdoor shoots and new sets. Sometimes we would even get more than five extras or get to go to another country, like Greece or Mexico.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

On Days consent doesn’t exist. This is why rape is justified and sexual harassment is depicted as humorous or flirting. 

Dafuq was Hope’s convo to Eli? He’s insubordinatate and she’s disparaging her husband and coworker. giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5caea0f53857343867Imagine humoring your boss as they ramble about insecure love life bullshit and unfulfilled needs, when you’re simply wanting to do your job.  🙌🏼

Especially when that boss is also your great-aunt.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

Also loved the scenes with Eric and Eve. Eric is a lot more fun when he isn't pining over one of his brother's girlfriends.

Loved both the Eric and Jennifer and Eric and Eve scenes.  He could actually be a FUN and likeable character when he isn't being sanctimonious or Eeyore.  Really, God will reward you for not going after someone you find attractive?  If this is the case, I am totally going to heaven because I HAVEN'T made the effort to chase down Liam Neeson!

I'm also liking Jennifer better than I have with any of her other pairings.  She just seems more relaxed and less judgy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Yay! They finally threw us Jack/Jenn people a bone with that dear flashback and ensuing scenes between current day Jack and Jenn. But man, we were all so young back then. Sigh. I hope this will crack Jack's shell and he'll start to remember his colorful past. I just need him away from Eve pronto. Matt Ashford does comedy so well and Melissa can be adorable even at 60 or however old she is. When she gets that little twinkle in her eyes, she's really something. 

So did Sarah's hair grow by 5 inches overnight? I couldn't stop thinking about it. 

Oh Will - that weeping scene got to me. 

Almost forgot about that awesome scene with JJ - I could feel his anger from my couch.  I'm glad Casey Moss had some good work to do in that scene. More of that, show! 

• Love 10

I thought today was kind of fun.  Well minus some things like, as much as I enjoy Eli and Lani apart, it's hard for me to watch them together.  Rafe and Hope are kind of dull. 

But I did like Eve's scenes with Claire again, especially when Eve put her focus on Ben.  Yes!  Framing Ben makes sense for her character. I don't find it ridiculous in the way I find her story with Jack.

Hayley was kind of dumb cooing over JJ.  She'd clearly be happier marrying him but her stubborness led her to Tripp.

But the highlight for me was J&J, especially Jennifer.  Her "cat got the canary" look when Jack called her Loretta was classic Jennifer.  Jennifer latching onto evidence of their meant-to-beness and Jack fighting it.  These past two days have been my favorite J&J scenes of his return.  And they've been on all week!

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8

I think Rafe/Lani have decent chem they should go there throw in a triangle between Rafe/Lani/Eli.

This frees Hope who needs to be backburnered and reset.

Plus I can FF this triangle.

Glad to see the J&J storyline pick up but it shouldn't have taken this long for the Jennifer part to come along. We should've had this from jump.

I hate that this show acts like Claire doesn't have a ton of relatives she can talk to besides Eve.

I do like JJ/Kayla scenes. I hate that JJ is wasted in the lame storyline he's in now but this is the best its going to be for him love interest wise. So torn.

Dear Ciara you dumb bitch not everyone has to like or accept Ben because you do. 

I did crack up at "Uncle Ben" even if his line about Thomas made me cringe. You know where he held him in his arms after he executed Nurse Wendy.

• Love 5

ORK really is underrated. Letting her go was a big mistake made by TPTBs. I also loved how Eve's maternal instinct kicked in, and she stayed with Claire instead. This is probably the first time for a long while I've seen Eve has a heart (Kudos to KDP).  

Btw I can certainly see where Lani was coming from, and I don't blame her. A normal human being would not let an ex serial killer hold a baby without hesitation (family or not). 

Edited by Guest
add more

Goodness, Claire's screeching had me reaching for the mute button.  And WHY couldn't the show bring back Martha Madison?  Claire needs her parents, it would have made more sense for her to confess to her Mom(or Dad).  Or why not have her talk to her GrandMa Marlena?  JJ&Haley are cute together, I thought Haley looked lovely(and loved the romantic touch of the flower in the hair).  Hope is pathetic....everything is Me, Me!  It seems selfish of her to not want to help care for that baby!  .

• Love 3

Only the first 21 minutes recorded.

No Lani, David's uncle has every right to say hello to his nephew. You and Eli are both cops, and you are in a public place. He is not your child.

Claire, why are you confiding in Eve???????

• Love 2

Gosh Lani really annoyed me in that scene. He asked to hold him, not for full custody. I get that she doesn’t like or trust Ben but he is family and she is looking like she’s going to go full on obsessive way too quick. 

• Love 4

Any chance Claire can get her lighter back and finish the job?  

Ciara getting huffy because not everyone cottons to her serial killer squeeze just isn't making me feel her pain.  I feel what a pain SHE is, though.  And then Ben giving the hospital crap because Jordan doesn't want to see him made me realize that he and Ciara actually ARE made for each other.

Jordan may be off her rocker but the last person she wants around her kid is Ben and even when she's sane she's not going to want him around that self-entitled putz, Ciara.  

Show could have done us a solid and had Haley marry Ben instead of Tripp.  Then she'd really have a reason to be pissed.

What is Ron C. DOING with Hope?  I really don't get it.  She's becoming almost as entitled and delusional as her daughter.  

Jack and Jenn were the best part of Show today, for me.  The scenes might not have been much but there's still a magnetism with those two.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, boes said:

What is Ron C. DOING with Hope?  I really don't get it. 

Yes, when exactly did Hope become this needy, whiney thing?  She became a cop because she didn't want people to think she couldn't handle it and take care of herself.  Now she's suddenly needing Rafe to take care of her?

• Love 8
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, when exactly did Hope become this needy, whiney thing?  She became a cop because she didn't want people to think she couldn't handle it and take care of herself.  Now she's suddenly needing Rafe to take care of her?

Ron sucks. Hope was once one of my favorites and he is RUINING her. With the ratings cratering, I can only hope Ron gets the same result he got at GH, i.e. sayonara.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, boes said:

Any chance Claire can get her lighter back and finish the job?  

Ciara getting huffy because not everyone cottons to her serial killer squeeze just isn't making me feel her pain.  I feel what a pain SHE is, though.  And then Ben giving the hospital crap because Jordan doesn't want to see him made me realize that he and Ciara actually ARE made for each other.

Jordan may be off her rocker but the last person she wants around her kid is Ben and even when she's sane she's not going to want him around that self-entitled putz, Ciara

Ciara could definitely be more aware on realising she’s seen a side of Ben that no one else has, I guess I just didn’t see the entitlement others do. She’s defending someone she loves. It’s irrational, absolutely, but she’s not the first person to do that. 

• Love 4

I can't believe there was a time I liked Ciara and liked Ciara/Ben together. What an insufferable asshole Ciara is. My sister was saying she truly is the new Abby now. And I will never be able to stand the deification of Ben that's going to be going on forever. Spare me, please.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, BoldDays said:

Ciara could definitely be more aware on realising she’s seen a side of Ben that no one else has, I guess I just didn’t see the entitlement others do. She’s defending someone she loves. It’s irrational, absolutely, but she’s not the first person to do that. 

True! But it's still gross to watch, lol. She gets those stars in her eyes and I can't help rolling mine. And though it's probably unfair to her, I also can't help but think what would the 10 year old Ciara (played by the irreplaceable Lauren Bowles) be thinking about this situation? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I'm conflicted about Ciara. Part of me finds her obnoxious and delusional about how she expects others to view her serial killer boyfriend. But then there's the part of me who tries to put myself in the shoes of a 20something who has fallen in love with a hot guy who has saved her life umpteenth times. That said I can't stress enough how sick I am hearing about this damn fire. Can we end it soon??

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

That said I can't stress enough how sick I am hearing about this damn fire. Can we end it soon??

I want to like this a million times.  Seriously, a lighter?  One that anyone, anywhere could purchase?  Does Ciara recognize this, oh so unique lighter?  It was there?  In the cabin?  This MUST be proof that Ben set the fire.  Of course, since the Salem police department HAS NO OTHER CRIMES TO INVESTIGATE, they MUST focus on the ONE UNSOLVED CASE IN SALEM HISTORY!!!!!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Goodness, Claire's screeching had me reaching for the mute button.  And WHY couldn't the show bring back Martha Madison?  Claire needs her parents, it would have made more sense for her to confess to her Mom(or Dad).  Or why not have her talk to her GrandMa Marlena?  JJ&Haley are cute together, I thought Haley looked lovely(and loved the romantic touch of the flower in the hair).  Hope is pathetic....everything is Me, Me!  It seems selfish of her to not want to help care for that baby!  .

They're also Ciara's family well her dad is.

Eve won't judge her I do get it in that regard but really her family should be around more.

• Love 5

I have not been watching the show, it is just boring and predictable. However, Jack and Jennifer were just wonderful this week. I cried seeing all of those flashbacks and what really made it beautiful was hearing their theme music.  Jack and Jennifer's dynamic is still intact, Jennifer fighting for Jack and Jack fighting his feelings.  What irritates me about Jack and Jennifer is Eve, what a hateful bitch and I feel that she has turned Jack into her purse holder. Jack was a lot of things, but, he was never a weak man.   I never thought that I would say this, but, I absolutely love Jennifer Rose Horton Devereaux. I was done with her after the Daniel debacle and treating Jack like dirt under her shoes. Melissa has also come alive in her scenes.  The boring young couples on this show currrently have nothing on Jack/Jennifer and Jarlena. It goes to show you that youth is not everything..

• Love 14

That and they were well developed to begin with and that's why it still works today.

I don't see any of the younger/current couples ever having that in the future(course Days isn't going to last that long either but I digress)

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Thirty days?  Don't couples who get married for a green card supposed to stay together for two years?

Yes, they must stay married for 2 years.  And after 2 years they must prove their marriage - like a bank account in both their names, a lease with both names on it, a vehicle jointly owned by them, etc. 

They are acting like once the 30 days have passed the deportation order will be reversed (or expired) and ICE will simply go away.  No one has figured out that ICE is smart enough to wait for you to reveal that you are in a fraudulent marriage.  What better time for this than when you think you are in the clear and let your guard down.

And seriously, Haley can't even control herself on her wedding day?  Yup, this is a GREAT plan.

Claire isn't really the brightest crayon in the box, is she?  She hasn't realized that coming in with the recording of Tripp and breaking up the wedding is GUARANTEED to make Tripp dump her.  He won't stand for the fact that she stopped his "noble" gesture.  And why is no one (Claire, Eve) considering that Tripp could also go to jail for fraud?  If she outs them as frauds, Tripp is just as guilty as Haley and also faces federal prosecution.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm still a Cin fan, so I'm not seeing all the negatives some of the rest of you are. I do still wish Ben wasn't a serial killer, but I also don't want them to retcon him not to be.  So though their romance isn't perfect, it's the best young romance on the show right now. 

Claire and Tripp? JJ & Haley?  Tripp & Haley?  Who knows where the show is going with them, and who they want/expect us to be rooting for.  

Loved all the J&J flashbacks this week, and the present scenes with them. As mentioned upthread MR is simply shining these days, and looks so much younger and happier than she has in years.  Really looking forward to their eventual reconciliation, but I do understand why it's not happening right away. 

So, is the end of Rope possibly really happening? 

13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ron sucks. Hope was once one of my favorites and he is RUINING her.

In all fairness, Hope was well on the way to being ruined, at least for me, long before Ron showed up. Shooting Stefano, hiding his body, and framing Andre for the murder, while flirting and starting a romance with Rafe, albeit 2 seconds after Bo died and her pending marriage to Aiden imploded, did no favours to her character.  And, true, so far, Ron isn't fixing her, but he wasn't the one who started it. 

• Love 3

On one hand, good on the show/Eve realizing that, if she's gonna be out here scheming, scheming against the man who murdered her daughter is a thing she should be doing.

But UGH, this is such a Franco plot, Ron.  Poor baby Franco Ben has been framed for a crime he didn't commit, and only the steadfast love of Carly Nina Liz Ciara can see him through!  Not into it at all.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, buffynut said:

In all fairness, Hope was well on the way to being ruined, at least for me, long before Ron showed up. Shooting Stefano, hiding his body, and framing Andre for the murder, while flirting and starting a romance with Rafe, albeit 2 seconds after Bo died and her pending marriage to Aiden imploded, did no favours to her character.  And, true, so far, Ron isn't fixing her, but he wasn't the one who started it. 

Well, as far as Stefano is concerned, and I know I said this before, I don't care about that whatsoever. Or that Andre, a killer himself at one time, was framed. There, I think Hope did a public service, especially given everything Stefano did to her and her family.

But the Rafe stuff? Yuck. However, considering the whole clusterfuck surrounding Aiden? I don't fault the timing there. I do agree it was not long after poor Bo died. But the show tried to mitigate that garbage - IIRC - with Bo giving his blessing for Hope to move on, etc.

But her current incarnation is awful and right now, that is all on Ron. Because he must elevate a serial killer and prop boring Rafe - IMO! - at her expense. END this toxic pairing, Show!

• Love 7

Well according to her explanation its cleaner(yes marrying someone else's boyfriend is the way to go *sarcasm*) plus Jack would go after her more if she married JJ(that part I at least thought made sense). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Can someone explain to me why Haley is fake marrying Tripp and not JJ?

Yes but it won't make it make any more sense to you. 

Hayley told JJ about her immigration status as they were growing closer.  JJ told Jack as a way to get closer to him.  Jack told Eve.  Eve told Jack to use it as a political argument.  Jack did.  Hayley realized JJ told his father even though he had told her he hadn't.  She ran away from JJ.  Tripp agreed to help her.  JJ came up with the idea of marrying her to keep her in the country.  Hayley decided she couldn't trust him.  Tripp then offered the same solution and she agreed to marry him.  Later, as things thawed with JJ, the philosophy as to why she had to marry Tripp was because it was somehow more believable she'd marry him than the guy she had been dating/living with.

So here we are. 

I did love Adrienne's scheme.  As soon as she wouldn't let Eve or Jack see her card, I figured she wouldn't be legally able to marry them.  I'm not sure how they are going to explain away the paperwork.  And Adrienne's probably committing fraud. But I did like it. And all the eye contact during the wedding.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7

How unusual that the ICE investigator wants to attend Tripp's and Haley's wedding. Unless Haley is the only undocumented alien in the area. And I don't think they are allowed to ask personal type questions without being in an office environment. I am probably wrong.

Eve's dress was good. Too bad that her and Jack's wedding probably won't be valid. Adrienne told a good tale.

Claire, just give things a rest. Ack, you are desperate for the validation of any man. We all want to be loved, but sometimes it is just not our turn yet.

Ciara, you maybe do see a different side of Ben, but he is a complex person and without his meds, his dark side can come out again.

Haley, too bad having a makeout session with JJ took off most of your nice lipstick.

• Love 4

It seems like Haley is hoping for some wonderful Salem man to rescue her. She probably could have got an employment visa for nurses, or her sister could have helped her out. She's been quite passive about her situation.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Haley would then deserve what she should get in real life, a one-way ticket back to China with a small chance of getting back to the US the proper way.

Ron really should not mess with these kinds of stories. And if he insists on doing so, he really should do more research in order to make sure the audience knows what a struggle the path to US citizenship really is for illegal immigrants already in this country.

From what I can gather, Haley is just lazy. And we have too many of those people who were born here. HARD PASS.

• Love 6