Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm loving Brandon Barash as Stefan.  I don't care for Stefan and think the invention of his character was a mistake, BUT, I do love what BB has done in just the (very) short time he's been here.

BB as Stefan would have been a whole helluva lot more interesting mixing it up with Chad and Kate than TC ever was.  

Every time Show makes Nadia Bjorlin burst into song I burst out laughing.  I don't think that's the response Show is looking for.

Brady vs. BB Stefan?  Nah.....just go on home, Brady, jump in bed with your teddy bear and hide under the covers till the big, bad man is gone.  You don't stand a chance.

I like Judith Chapman - as Gloria on The Young and the Restless.  I like her there, as that character, a lot.  But man oh man, what Show did with her today could only have been topped if Show had her sing a duet with Chloe.  

So Ted's dead wife might not be dead?  Quelle Domage, Ted.  

So I know the usual way to go about this storyline would be for him search her out and find her alive, but how if THIS time, Ted searches her out and finds out that not only is SHE still dead, he is too.  I'm down with writing him off as an unintelligible figment of my imagination.

Now if we could only do the same with Rafe........

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Diana had no reason to confess John wasn’t actually Leo’s father at that point. She only did it out of spite cuz “he’s an idiot”. But she’s the dumbass because it added to her list of criminal charges and lost her sympathy or possible good will. 

Her scenery chewing was out of control. I give her one thing, she commits to the material. But it was verrry batshit. John just had his “smell the fart” face the whole time. 

I’m warming to Johnny nuStefan. He has a very different style and interpretation of Stef than TC but, at the same time, they have similar speaking tones and cadences and vaguely resemble each other. 

I work with a guy who’s accent is very similar to Ted’s. I feel like Ted might be a long con grifter or some weird shit. Hope is actually very wealthy also Ted has blackmailed before and seems to own one suit. Or I could see Ron ripping off Netflix and Ted ex wife who “died” is actually a woman he left for dead. Ron needs to get over his preoccupation with men “renting out” restaurants to impress their significant others. This is not a thing Ron.

“Hope did Rafe get you flowers, jewelry, plan a day trip, a luxury bag purchase, take you on a helicopter tour, what?” 

—“ even better he rented out the Irish pub we’ve been to 70 thousand times. It was completely devoid of everyone including servers food and music” 🤗

”I’m jealous. I wish I could be taken by my man somewhere I go everyday and have them remove all the personality from it.” 😩😤

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Did they ever explain why Haley tried to kill herself? It couldn't have just been because she was an illegal immigrant...

I've been struggling to catch up on the stories I've missed since January and I have to say, this Ted business sounds vaguely interesting compared to everything else going on on the canvas right now. It does sound a little bit, though, like Aiden 2.0. They're pairing Hope up with a handsome but potentially shady guy who is a lawyer and who may or may not have hurt his late wife? Hmmmmm.

• Love 2

I've seen Judith not only in other soap roles but also some primetime roles. I've never, ever recalled her acting the way she's portrayed Diana. I can only guess the director or someone advised her to chew the scenes to a bloody pulp. Today wasn't just laughable but unbearable for me. I know she's better than that. The OTT display today reminded me of when you see overly dramatic soap acting spoofed as satire.

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Hope did Rafe get you flowers, jewelry, plan a day trip, a luxury bag purchase, take you on a helicopter tour, what?” 

—“ even better he rented out the Irish pub we’ve been to 70 thousand times. It was completely devoid of everyone including servers food and music

That Rafe is just the epitome of romance. So thoughtful!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did they ever explain why Haley tried to kill herself? It couldn't have just been because she was an illegal immigrant...

I think she said it was because she felt like too much of a burden on Melinda and whatnot. I don't know, they obviously didn't put too much thought into this story lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think she said it was because she felt like too much of a burden on Melinda and whatnot. I don't know, they obviously didn't put too much thought into this story lol.

I hope they didn’t put much thought into it, because it’s a hot mess. I still can’t work out why anyone would believe that Haley marrying anyone was real and on top of that, how marrying Tripp rather than JJ makes any sense.

Hell, I still can’t work out why I’m meant to care about Haley at all.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I've seen Judith not only in other soap roles but also some primetime roles. I've never, ever recalled her acting the way she's portrayed Diana. I can only guess the director or someone advised her to chew the scenes to a bloody pulp. Today wasn't just laughable but unbearable for me. I know she's better than that. The OTT display today reminded me of when you see overly dramatic soap acting spoofed as satire.

And for all the scenery chewing the story (like a lot of them lately) seemed to really die with a whimper.  We were interrupted today for a while and I tend to watch with one eye while doing other things so maybe I missed several crucial things but it seems like everything ended rather abruptly.  Diana is caught, she confesses EVERYTHING, done.  I'm guessing that not only will we never see her again she'll never even be mentioned again.  It was sort of the same with Chabby, kidnapping over, we're leaving, gone.  If they are going to spend THAT much time on some plot couldn't they pace it better?  Less stupid story more resolution?  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes, lol, when we need to add a "and whatnot" to the end of a description, the story is pretty lame :) Sigh. But what isn't these days.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Did Leo really leave for good? I like Wilson, but, I wished they had a better story.  Ron has wasted Chandler's talents, I can't blame him for looking bored. I know people hate his inappropriate smiles, but, I find it endearing.. It is an unpopular opinion, but, we like what we like..

Deidre looks so beautiful today.  I know that she has had work done, but, she still looks damn good.. I always love seeing Marlena with Will and Eric.  I wish that Marlena would have scenes with her other grandchildren. I hope we get a good Carrie/Marlena scene before the show is cancelled.  I have always loved their bond and I consider Carrie to be Marlena's daughter just like Sami and Belle..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Seriously? Could Will and Sonny have maybe, I don't know, 5 minutes of normalcy before Will being felled by Leo The Witch Doctor?

Good grief.  I thought I was watching a rerun of Gilligan's Island for a moment.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Ciara is dressed like a spy in a World War II British movie.

Why is everybody commenting on Eric's haircut?  I don't notice anything different.

Um, Leo does have money.  Marlena just gave him a huge check.

Yes, Sarah reading Brady for filth. Nice professional behavior, though, Sarah.

Is Will's headache caused by the necklace Sonny gave him?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I freaking love Sarah shut Brady up after he had the nerve to bring up Holly's current living arrangement and urged her to help him. What a hypocrite! He was all for Chloe to raise Holly in an attempt to win her back. However, when things didn't go as wanted, he flip-flopped on his previous stance. Sarah saw right through his bullshit and called him out on it.     

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Um, Leo does have money.  Marlena just gave him a huge check.

It was only for $500.

Sarah's hair was great today but her makeup was worse than the last time it was atrocious. Her bad makeup has become one of the fave things lol. I prefer her when she's not in angry screeching mode so I wasn't a fan today.

Will does absolutely nothing for me, but this story is just the kind of utterly stupid I might be able to get behind.

The less said about Ben/Ciara the better.

Stefan/Chloe now pretty much bore me to tears. BB is not working for me. Quick, get him in tons of scenes with Gabi already so I can see if they're gonna interest me!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Sidney said:

I hate how silly and childish they're making Ciara look. Today was just embarrassingly bad.

Yet you know that they will be taking over the Chabby mantle soon if they haven't already then again the airtime seems a bit more balanced even if the stories are just.. bad. Yet as bad as it is at least its soapy material and not some lame attempt at a social justice story.

• Love 5

I know we were supposed to think the Ben/Ciara moments were charming but I just don't see it--their interactions feel very forced especially Ciara's acting cutesy with her boyfriend the former serial killer--it's just damn off putting.

How much did I love Sarah's reading Brady's true selfish intentions regarding Holly, Chloe and Stefan--he's a sad panda because Chloe's not into him--GO SARAH!!

I did love Will's coming in and pulling the rug out from under Leo's extortion plan but what the hell is with the evil eye and Leo's cursing him?  Can't the WilSon have a moment of happiness?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

Leo’s evil eye was not very impressive - so why the hell is Will in the floor?   My theory: something wrong with the necklace itself.  

I actually liked Ben today.  Rex was also not horrible.  He still seems too ‘bro-dude’ to be a doctor but mmmkay.

Eric you are very pretty.  You need a reason to smile and not angst.  Just give something to him that delights him. 

Go Sarah! Take Brady down FTW!   You have taken a level up in my mind. 

Chloe.  He took the coffee away and poured it for you.  Stefan is a controller.  Run away.  

Sonny Sonny Sonny.  Did you break a bunch of mirrors when you were young?  

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, SueB said:

I actually liked Ben today.  Rex was also not horrible.  He still seems too ‘bro-dude’ to be a doctor but mmmkay.

He isn't any worse than Daniel and we were told constantly that he the BESTEST DOCTOR ever.

• Love 2

I wasn’t feeling Ciara’s Carmen Sandiego disguise 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c9adffd4c62446463

or her fussing over Ben. 

Sarah should be careful arguing with and showing too much confidence around Brady that’s a huge turn on for him. Any sassy or take charge woman he loves to pursue, then treat like shit. 

If Sami or Kate were involved in this story Will wouldn’t be worried about the Mallochio. One look from either of them to Leo would had him crapping his pants for a week. Between this “curse” and Eric’s prayer barter coming true I’m wondering what’s next. Maybe Ron has a Salem wishing well story or Rumplestiltskin will guest star to help Gabi Chic improve their textile line. 

I’ve noticed this a while but they kinda treat Eric like a kid. “Hey nice hair cut” “good for you on the hair cut” the way people esp Marlena smile at him and pat him all the time. People always fuss over his feelings and worry over him. It’s a little weird and markedly different than how everyone treats his twin and strange since he’s in his 40s. I also noticed he works at the Pub and in a couple scenes had a beer w Rex and/or his dad and he’s an alcoholic? It’s pretty vague. 

Chloes beautiful and nice and hard working. But I don’t think Stefan or Brady like her organically as much as neither dude wants to be single, celibate, or bored. I think she and Rex click like crazy though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ciara is dressed like a spy in a World War II British movie.

Or Carmen San Diego.  A little more current; a little more cartoony.  Right up Ron's alley.

I enjoyed Sarah calling out Brady for his selfish motivations.  He needs these small comeuppances to happen on a more regular basis.  A humbled (and please, a more humorous) Brady would be a good thing.

Eric also needs to get over himself.

Hopefully there's nothing seriously wrong with Will.

ETA:  Haha!  Great minds, Petunia13!

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4

No one can put a curse on anyone. There is probably a simple explanation for Will's headache and collapse.

Ciara, it was nice of you to take Ben to the hospital. However, perhaps his boss could have done the exact same thing and also paid the medical expenses. The disguise thing is pretty stupid. Maybe get a blonde wig and you won't be mistaken for Chloe.

Sarah Horton, good for you for calling out Brady Black. He needs a few more of those comeuppances. He just doesn't have anyone in his life and he can't seem to be alone. Being alone will do him good as he can see what needs to change.

Eric's prayer barter was also dumb. Seems like the God that he prays to likes him - maybe he just has karma to settle with Sarah. Eric has free will. If he wants to give up Sarah, knock himself out.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

I freaking love Sarah shut Brady up after he had the nerve to bring up Holly's current living arrangement and urged her to help him. What a hypocrite! 

This was my favorite part of the show.  I watched it twice.  

I am so sick of Brady talking about Eric going after his woman.  Newsflash Brady, Nicole was Eric's first love.  How about you don't go after your brother's ex.  Why does no one "ever" bring this up?  And Brady you've done this twice that I can remember.  You had a relationship with Kristen, your father's ex.  Granted you didn't cheat with these ladies, but you should not date your relatives exes.  

• Love 4
Just now, A.J. said:

I am so sick of Brady talking about Eric going after his woman.  Newsflash Brady, Nicole was Eric's first love.  How about you don't go after your brother's ex.  Why does no one "ever" bring this up?  And Brady you've done this twice that I can remember.  You had a relationship with Kristen, your father's ex.  Granted you didn't cheat with these ladies, but you should not date your relatives exes.  

The Salem dating pool is rather small.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

While that's true Brady was engaged to Nicole when Eric slept with her so I'm not really sure why that's glossed over then again they act like Eric driving drunk and killing Daniel was no big deal(except Victor and he sometimes brings in for good measure how Brady almost died as well). 

Granted Eric did a public service but what's the point in having it be a part of his history if it isn't used to cause conflict with Sarah, Brady etc. Course I thought it should've been Lucas driving. 

Would've been better drama and made more sense considering he was an alcoholic already, just lost Will and had a strained relationship w/ Adrienne, plus he hated Daniel for stealing his wife, Jennifer was also involved in the accident, Nicole is one of his ex wives and Maggie was his sponsor/aunt. 

You could've gotten way more drama out of that than with Eric. Plus unlike Eric you know Lucas wouldn't have been so quickly forgiven by others in Salem.

• Love 2

Judith is also gone. 

I'm relieved. I mean Leo could be fun(when he wasn't sexually harrassing every guy he met) but I won't miss him or JC's Diana.

GR will appear on Modern Family later this season as Haley's OB/GYN

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Eric’s penis, and what he does w it, is so powerful God uses it to decide who shall live or die. 😳

His rod and his staff, they comfort him.

Sarah, nice to hear you take Brady to task but words don't penetrate that blockhead.  A knee to the nuts is more effective.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

Probably because when Eric and Nicole were first an item Brady was still a toddler, but yeah we aren't supposed to talk about that.  Then again to be fair, Eric was with Nicole first, but Nicole and Brady have a much more substantial history. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Greg Rikaart tweeted that today was Leo's last day.  

Figures, just as I started to like Leo.  I even had hoped he really was John's son. Oh well...

6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Judith is also gone. 

Didn't enjoy this version of Diana at all.  So glad she's gone. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, lilly6 said:

Seriously? Could Will and Sonny have maybe, I don't know, 5 minutes of normalcy before Will being felled by Leo The Witch Doctor?

Good grief.  I thought I was watching a rerun of Gilligan's Island for a moment.

Nope.  They're only allowed 1.3 seconds of happiness before the next crisis begins.  It's so stupid.  I'm sick of it.

7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Greg Rikaart tweeted that today was Leo's last day.  I don't know if Diana is gone or not, but I would think she would be involved in Giles's wife's story.

That's it?  Leo's not leaving in a body bag?  That means he can come back whenever the hell Ron feels like it.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Judith is also gone. 

I'm relieved. I mean Leo could be fun(when he wasn't sexually harrassing every guy he met) but I won't miss him or JC's Diana.

GR will appear on Modern Family later this season as Haley's OB/GYN

Haley's WHAT? Clearly I need to catch up over there.

• Love 2

I know Claire is an official villain now and apparently the show wants us to love her being emotionally hurt and in pain but man, Tripp really doesn't care that he's hurting her does he?  And he's supposed to be a hero right?  And this is all being done for a girl he barely knows who is as self-absorbed as Ciara is--I guess Tripp has a definite type.

I loved Rex's "Nephew," when he sees Will--his line delivery was awesome.

Gabi and Stefan's kiss?  Now that was chemistry--DAMN!! 

• Love 8

Eve's glee about Hailey potentially getting deported is vile. She sees it as a political win, not caring that a young girl's life is about to be ruined for her ambitions.  I cannot wait for Jack to get his memory back and turn the tables on Eve. 

I guess Will is going to be like Marlena. He will always have some type of crisis to overcome.  Chandler is gorgeous. 

Hailey has more chemistry with Tripp than with JJ. 

Claire's desperation is sad where does it come from?  Eve is using another vulnerable girl for her own benefit. What a bitch! I wish Ron would explore Claire's background, flesh her out a bit.  What was her life like with Shelle?  She was an only child, so she had all of the attention. Perhaps, I am overthinking it as usual when it comes to the characters on the show.  Even when a character does something bad, I need their motivation to be clear even if I don't agree with their actions.

Brady is an ass. He obsessed with Eric. I just can't with him.  His hatred cannot just be about Nicole. Does he hold a grudge because of Kristen? 

Gabi and Stefan are hot. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know Claire is an official villain now and apparently the show wants us to love her being emotionally hurt and in pain but man, Tripp really doesn't care that he's hurting her does he?  And he's supposed to be a hero right?  And this is all being done for a girl he barely knows who is as self-absorbed as Ciara is--I guess Tripp has a definite type.

I loved Rex's "Nephew," when he sees Will--his line delivery was awesome.

Gabi and Stefan's kiss?  Now that was chemistry--DAMN!! 

Yeah what Claire is doing is wrong but honestly I find Tripp more annoying.

• Love 4

Ciara is excluded from the narrative. Claire's actions are her own. Tripp's a dunce cause he's had several conversations where he's stated explicitly that he knows Claire has insecurity issues and yet... here he is doing things to trigger them for a girl he barely knows. This story is still dumb AF in that I still have no idea who Haley is so watching all of these other characters go hard for or against her is empty. I'm also not intrigued in watching JJ or Tripp acting like they *have* to save her for poorly explained reasons. Tripp and Haley having a sex dream about each other, esp when Tripp has a gf, is a super bad look. I am not rooting for anyone in this storyline but Claire's the only one not annoying me [yet]

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i've been really bored watching this the last few weeks with few exceptions. isn't march supposed to be a month where they show their best?

That should have been February during sweeps but that was messy. I've not been interested in some of the focal March stories like Marlena's latest brush with death,  Diana's obsession with John (tho I was entertained with the John & Leo stuff), and anything regarding Haley. The next big month of events should be May for sweeps (I think they start April 25th). We'll see. 

• Love 3

Rex, desperation is not a good look.

Is Chloe going to be safer from drug lords in the Kiriakis mansion than in the DiMera mansion?

Claire is delusional.

Damn, Stefan didn't take that kiss well at all.  Gabi seemed to like it, though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

i've been really bored watching this the last few weeks with few exceptions. isn't march supposed to be a month where they show their best?

February is soaps sweeps month.

I think they have a light one in May and end of August when they wrap up all summer stories and characters.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

So, how long before Gabi and Stefan have the infamous "hate sex" and then, miracle of miracles. . . she CAN have a baby!

That would be so stupid and bad, but idgaf I'm kinda into it lol. But I still wish TC was here. I'm sad that I don't love BB. Hoepfully he'll grow on me.

Tripp is a real asshole. I hope Claire tries to set him on fire tbh. This story is so stupid. I love these kind of tropes, but this one is just so bad. It makes exactly zero sense. And what the fuck with the fantasy Tripp/Haley sequences? So bad.

Gabi was lacking her usual fire today and that bummed me out. I liked BB more today though. The kiss was pretty good, but I wanted more out of it.

Eric must have said, "You're blackmailing me," 15 times today. Every Brady/Eric scene was literally exactly the same. 

Rex is great but they need to get him away from Sarah and out of this boring Eric/Sarah hell hole asap.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Eve's glee about Hailey potentially getting deported is vile. She sees it as a political win, not caring that a young girl's life is about to be ruined for her ambitions.  I cannot wait for Jack to get his memory back and turn the tables on Eve. 

I guess Will is going to be like Marlena. He will always have some type of crisis to overcome.  Chandler is gorgeous. 

Hailey has more chemistry with Tripp than with JJ. 

Claire's desperation is sad where does it come from?  Eve is using another vulnerable girl for her own benefit. What a bitch! I wish Ron would explore Claire's background, flesh her out a bit.  What was her life like with Shelle?  She was an only child, so she had all of the attention. Perhaps, I am overthinking it as usual when it comes to the characters on the show.  Even when a character does something bad, I need their motivation to be clear even if I don't agree with their actions.

Brady is an ass. He obsessed with Eric. I just can't with him.  His hatred cannot just be about Nicole. Does he hold a grudge because of Kristen? 

Gabi and Stefan are hot. 

Claire was an only child but Belle cheated on Shawn which bothered her (given how she's such a Daddy's girl) Shawn/Belle breaking up and making up I'm sure was an issue even if we didn't see it obviously. Would be nice if Claire had her parents or even Marlena to talk to. 

She's the best part of this stupid storyline.

I did like JJ interacting with his cousins although its sad I rather watch him interact with Will/Sonny than in his own storyline.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3