Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, sweetautumn said:

- There's a thin line between hate and love; that's certainly true for the cocky mimicker and the long-nailed "demoness".  Okay  I am "allergic" to long nails (esp with nail polish). I guess that makes me homophobic to people with them lol, right?  

If the only people you hate with long nails are gay people, then yeah, that would make you homophobic.  Otherwise you just hate long nails.

With the exception of pretty much all things regarding this badly handled immigration storyline, I thought today's show was pretty entertaining.  NotDiana's murderous daydreams were hilarious, Judith Chapman and Drake did a good job in scenes that I hope they got to enjoy as much as I did.  Ditto with "Doc", she was having some fun today, too.

I didn't like the way Jenn talked to Jack yesterday, but today I enjoyed every minute of her with him.  Whatever the difference was, it worked.  

Even Will and Leo got in on the fun of today's episode, both of them were a pleasure to watch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Isn't the loft where Claire, Tripp and Ciara live the same place where Rafe, Sami, Will, and the three little kids lived?  It doesn't have enough bedrooms for Haley to have a room? Unless Will and Johnny shared a room, or Johnny shared a room with his sisters ...

It had always seemed to me that when Sami lived at the loft, Johnny, Allie and Sydney all shared one room. So if Will had his own room (unless he had to sleep on the couch), at most, there were three rooms.

I hated the loft because it was so tiny and Sami had to act like it was such a great place for her and her four children.

• Love 1

The last 10 or so minutes did not record. Don't feel like rewatching the show.

John did really well in Diana's daydreams of Marlena's ever more interesting demises. I liked the chocolate covered strawberries one. Diana Colville is a woman of means and resources - why did she wait so long to reconnect with John?

Everyone is looking at Safecracking for Dummies?

I wouldn't mind the ever-expanding loft apartment. When I need a new room I just take a tiny room, let it soak in water and one 600 times its size will appear. Where do all these people fit?

Claire, it really isn't a good idea to turn someone in. You would be better off calling a police confidential tip line. And Haley, you do need to be a better judge of character. And stop the hands!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, SnK said:

I'm bummed that Ron is likely going to be the writer when Days finally does get cancelled.   What a way to go out with this hack as a writer.  

But, who would be a better choice?  Not Dena.  Or Josh Griffith, who made everyone dark.  Sheri would probably be good, but either she doesn't want the job, or they don't want her.  Likely the former, if Google is right and she's 70 years old.

Ron's not the worst writer, and though he may repeat some of his story ideas, at least he's trying to be creative by bringing back characters from the past.  And I do give him some leeway, since we've learned all the budget restrictions he's trying to be creative with.  And at least he has a sense of humour.  Did y'all see this tweet from a few weeks ago?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, boes said:

If the only people you hate with long nails are gay people, then yeah, that would make you homophobic.  Otherwise you just hate long nails.

With the exception of pretty much all things regarding this badly handled immigration storyline, I thought today's show was pretty entertaining.  NotDiana's murderous daydreams were hilarious, Judith Chapman and Drake did a good job in scenes that I hope they got to enjoy as much as I did.  Ditto with "Doc", she was having some fun today, too.

I didn't like the way Jenn talked to Jack yesterday, but today I enjoyed every minute of her with him.  Whatever the difference was, it worked.  

Even Will and Leo got in on the fun of today's episode, both of them were a pleasure to watch.

Holy Crap!! I can't freaking believe I use the wrong word until I see your highlighted quote. I meant to say "that make me phobic..." not homophobic. 

• Love 3

Or Josh Griffith, who made everyone dark

I'd take Josh Griffith in a heartbeat.  When he was writing the fall of 2015 the show was the best it had been in years.  It's too bad Dena returned because I would have loved to see JG on his own without that hack. 

Some Days fans always accuse him of destroying characters. Well, I can name a few that plotty Ron has destroyed 

• Love 1

Juitdh Chapman while a fun actress is basically playing Gloria from Y&R while posing as Diana Coville. I kinda wish Genie Francis (not really...I want her to stay where she is at GH) or another actress would have gotten the recast role. I know RC likes his high camp villains from the 80’s (like he did with Donna Mills on GH) to write for but they are so OTT.  Granted, the dream sequences between her and Drake were hysterical it’s not enough for me to care about her. Now, I want Leo to kills her. He goes to jail and the heads back Genoa City where he belongs. I know there only 4 soaps left but these actors need to stay on the soaps where they are needed. Do I have to do everything?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I might never stop saying this: I miss Daniel Cosgrove, pre-bus.

So few of the actors brought to Salem these last few years have *worked* within the tapestry. They almost always feel like imports from another show or just stick out like sore thumbs.

Cosgrove worked. We'd have been spared Rope, if nothing else.

• Love 8
On 3/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, Petunia13 said:

Normally I don’t like Jennifer being a critical bitch  but today I liked it. She also seems more relaxed in her face and style, it’s probably from not having to deal with her horrible daughter Abigail. 

John was so funny in those day dream sequences. 

This writing sucks. The way the entire town is taking about and on a manhunt for Haley like she’s a danger when actual serial killers and rapists walk free unjudged 🙄. I’ve known a couple illegal aliens before one worked at a supermarket with me a year before he was caught. Another was friends w my mom when I was in HS. They’re more common than people or Ron thinks, hell David Dobrik is an illegal alien. I digress  😂 

Another weird AF thing is the timing lag. Whyyyy is Diana NOW wanting John back? Like who the hell waits like 40 years to get back their ex? And whyyyy does the Mexican cartel over a year later exacting revenge on Chloe? Whyyy did Jordan wait way long after Bens crime spree to “stop” him? Is there that much of a storyline or creativity drought Ron is revisiting old ass shit.  At this rate he’s going to bring back Jan. 

Jacks campaign supporter was hysterical about following laws and being honest then 20 minutes later broke 2 serious laws for an idiotic reason. 

Jack and Jennifer’s banter isn’t exactly Tracey and Hepburn. 😖

Stefan O is creepy. 

In regards to the Mexican cartels the dead man came alive and gave the orders for Chloe to be killed.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So I went back and watched the Gabi scenes from the other day people recommended I catch up on and they were indeed delish.  My favorite part, though, wasn't when she was with Stefan O., but when she got home to the K manse and ran into Brady.  She was agreeing to team up with him and was so energetic and fired up about destroying Stefan O - she, like, claps her hands together and says, "Let's do it, do it, do it" in rapid succession - and I really just enjoyed it so much. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember that being stated at all.

It was not stated, but since it has been so long and nothing happened so he must have come back from the dead and gave the orders.  lol

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I might never stop saying this: I miss Daniel Cosgrove, pre-bus.

So few of the actors brought to Salem these last few years have *worked* within the tapestry. They almost always feel like imports from another show or just stick out like sore thumbs.

Cosgrove worked. We'd have been spared Rope, if nothing else.

Same but he goes the way all of Hope's other non-Bo love interests go except Rafe. They become demonized when Bo reclaims his Fancy Face never to be seen or heard from again. Bo can be friends with his exes though. Hope can't.

Rafe is the exception because he had Bo's blessing to be with Hope. 

I did like Hope/Aiden before he was ruined. 

Even if Hope wasn't an option he could've been paired with Kate, Eve, Nicole etc who all existed at the time. I liked Aiden as an individual character he had a decent side(his love for Chase) but he wasn't above being a shady individual either.

• Love 3

I've been lurking on this board for a while so I decided to join.

I also don't like Ron as a writer on this show he sucks and I hope that he's not the writer that writes how Days ends either.....

I hate that Hope is stuck with Rafe and the Ben/Ciara orbit.

I prefer Ben as a sociopath have no interest in him as a romantic lead so his redemption does nothing for me.

Prefer Claire over Ciara.

I don't think any couple on this show is worth rooting for beyond Doug/Julie and Jack/Jennifer and most of that is based on nostalgia at this point not current writing. 

JJ is one of my faves but I hate how much they have neutered him over the years. I'm glad he's getting a storyline of his own and not in Abby's shadow but why do they have to be these lame social issue storylines. I miss the fun stories he had like banging his GF's mom and drugging his family with pot donuts.

I don't have an issue with Jack being a jerk I'll take that over the buffoon he was in recent years I just think that this immigration story is lame and terrible.

I don't care for Ericole namely Eric.  I liked Nicole when she was a fun vixen not the weepy mess they turned her into.

I don't mind Sarah away from Eric however I wish they commit a direction to her because she's all over the place without any real reason.

Never was a Jarlena fan. Don't care for Wilson.

Wish Justin/Adrienne were on more.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Never was a Jarlena fan. Don't care for Wilson.

I missed this part. Even better! Me, I know Drake Hogestyn isn't a great actor, but he has charm. I have liked RoJohn with almost every woman except Marlena. Oh, well.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I missed this part. Even better! Me, I know Drake Hogestyn isn't a great actor, but he has charm. I have liked RoJohn with almost every woman except Marlena. Oh, well.

Yes I too prefer his non Marlena pairings. Izzy B was my favorite of his. I also liked John/Kristen and RoJohn and GF's Diana. 

John/Marlena just do nothing for me as a couple I tend to cringe when they kiss.  I prefer Marlena with WN's Roman(never saw Don/Marlena)

Oddly enough I do think their family dynamic works though. I don't mind their scenes with each others kids.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes I too prefer his non Marlena pairings. Izzy B was my favorite of his.

Ditto. But with Ron at the helm, I'm glad Isabella is dead. Look at what he's doing to Diana. A recast, I know. But the character as she was would never do the crap that Ron has her doing.

Judith Chapman just should have returned as Anjelica Deveraux and have Morgan Fairchild's awful version forgotten or some sort of psychotic fake.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ditto. But with Ron at the helm, I'm glad Isabella is dead. Look at what he's doing to Diana. A recast, I know. But the character as she was would never do the crap that Ron has her doing.

Judith Chapman just should have returned as Anjelica Deveraux and have Morgan Fairchild's awful version forgotten or some sort of psychotic fake.

I keep forgeting she played Anjelica. It guess her blonde hair throws me off. She is just playing her Gloria role on Y&R. I guess the only positive thing is she was hired at her age. Usually, a recast is 20 years younger. LOL!!!

• Love 3

I'm one of the lonely Jarlena fans. I wasn't watching them before Marlena was presumed dead and AWOL for 5 years, but only saw them when she returned in '91.

If I had a Top 10 soap moments, their reunion on the pier would very likely be on it. Although it made for a great storyline, I HATED when they brought WN back as the real Roman because Drake always seemed so much more of a Brady and how he fit in with the family and Carrie/twins. 

Obviously, Marlena agreed with me LOL. I remember when she was in the pit (courtesy of crazy Stella) and how she initially thought about Roman (whom she had reconciled with because (1) Izzy B was pregnant with Brady and (2) Roman had suffered and all in that prison all those years) but her thoughts quickly turned to John and how it was John who realized where she was and rescued her before the building blew up. 

This is so mean, but I couldn't stand Izzy B until I learned she was dying. Fickle teenager was I.

Their scenes on the plane when Marlena stopped John from leaving town - and how - were yowza hot. 

Topic? It's totally laughable that Gloriana is going to split Jarlena up and ITA with her being OTT cartoonish. I'm having that German secondhand embarrassment for the character and the actress. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I thought Ted resigned as DA. And when does the DA give orders to the cops.

Claire is so clingy.

Marlena isn't going to look at the DNA results?

Jeez, Shelley is an idiot.

If Brady hears about this "John is Leo's father" nonsense, it would be funny if he started wondering why his father has two gay sons but he isn't.

Damn, that penicillin works quick.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:
12 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

And when does the DA give orders to the cops.

This is just example 3,876 of why this storyline STINKS!  The ONLY good line was when Eli said, "Yes, Haley might be out taking care of someone."  Ted and Jack acting like Haley really should be on the FBI's most wanted list is really idiotic.  

10 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Marlena isn't going to look at the DNA results?

And do they really label the envelope like that - so any random passerby knows who had a DNA test?

Jeez, Shelley is an idiot.

Yes, "Here, let me give you the keys to steal ALL the medication in the hospital.  I've even told you that you specifically can!"

• Love 6

Marlena saying Leo couldn't be John's son because he's creepy was pretty funny.  I also liked John using what's in the envelope as leverage against Leo. 

I'm so ready for this Jack/Eve/Haley/JJ/Trip/Claire story to wrap up.  Jack and Eve are straight up assholes trying to profit off of someone else's misery, and the whole thing is a holding pattern (and a stupid one at that) for Jack anyway until Ron C. finally gets around to explaining where Jack's been, what happened to him, etc.  And as someone said upthread, you'd think Eve would have a little sympathy for a young woman who's about the same age as her deceased daughter, but it hasn't occurred to her at all.  It's so lazy.

Eli and Lani should have told Ted to fuck off.

The less said about Diana the better.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I miss the fun stories [JJ] had like banging his GF's mom and drugging his family with pot donuts.

This made me legit lol.

Today's ep was pretty good. If you just ignore how stupid everything is or, better yet, revel in it and watch it as comedy, it's all pretty fun tbh.

Claire's face as Tripp was hugging her and ranting about whoever turned Haley in was everything. The actress is just SO good at playing psycho.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Today's ep was pretty good. If you just ignore how stupid everything is or, better yet, revel in it and watch it as comedy, it's all pretty fun tbh.

It is fun, and entertaining, if you don't take it seriously and just watch for what it is.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, buffynut said:

It is fun, and entertaining, if you don't take it seriously and just watch for what it is.

YES! That's how I always watched OLTL and it was a blast. I admit, it's probably easier for me because I don't know all the history as I tend to come and go with soaps. And, in particular with Days, when I came back a few years ago I hadn't watched it since like the early aughts.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It pisses me off she's not Angelica who I find a lot more useful to the show right now than Diana(who I also liked). Angelica would get in Eve's face for keeping Jack from his kids and could torment Justin/Adrienne but god forbid Justin/Adrienne have a storyline of their own.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Claire's face as Tripp was hugging her and ranting about whoever turned Haley in was everything. The actress is just SO good at playing psycho.

As sad as I am at what TIIC are doing to Claire, ORK really is doing a great job.  I laughed out loud at her grin at the end.  I thought for sure Claire would be worried about how upset Tripp was and what it would mean for her if she were to get caught, but she was practically giggling!  Olivia Rose is totally selling Claire as an unspooling sociopath.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It pisses me off she's not Angelica who I find a lot more useful to the show right now than Diana(who I also liked). Angelica would get in Eve's face for keeping Jack from his kids and could torment Justin/Adrienne but god forbid Justin/Adrienne have a storyline of their own.

Plus, Anjelica trying to bond with Alexander, her miracle baby would give her depth. Anjelica was so complicated and so damn interesting. I bitch about Dena but she wanted Alexander to be her bone of contention with Adrienne and not Justin as Ron did when he rewrote Dena's story about Alexander coming to Salem and made Anjelica the Mastermind behind the Doppelganger story with Marlena and Adrienne, something Anjelica would not have done. SciFi stories are part of Jarlena's history and not Justin and Adrienne. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

So Haley, who is running for her life, or so it seems, and is the FBI's most wanted, has time to go to a French patisserie and buy a box of macarons for Marlena? And put it in her office without being noticed?

Claire, your machinations will come back and bite you.

Haley continues to make her points. Eve, you have zero respect in terms of pulling out your phone and recording the crap you helped set up.

Nurse Shelley, you will need to admit to letting Diana use your master key.  Things like drugs are accounted for.

Nice of John to hold what is probably an empty envelope over Leo. And nice work letting him know that he may be your son. Well, you should look at the DNA test first.

• Love 6

Seems a bit ironic that the current D.A., a criminal attorney who is actually a criminal, who has an accent so thick you could use it to butter your toast, is a hardass on immigration.   

I see no reason Eli and Lani couldn't have arrested him on the spot for simply being a pain in the ass.

I do enjoy Jack but I would have enjoyed him even more today with Tripp's fist smashing into his face.  

Also, Tripp could have grabbed Eve by the scruff of that coat made from housecats and dragged her out into the hallway.  She was trespassing, she's not a cop and I highly doubt Tripp would get into any trouble for kicking her out of his place.

Show, Show, Show.......we've let you get away with all these "meals" we see Marlena and John having and not said a peep, but COME ON, you expect us to believe that Marlena is going to chow down on a box of frosted donuts?  I don't think so.

There's a lot left, maybe Julie can have what's left over - she's not allergic to penicillin, is she?  IS SHE??  ohpleasepleasepleaseplease......

One more thing - Diana sure is dainty, isn't she?  Never took those black gloves off for a minute and even around the donuts, not a speck of sugar on them!  She probably irons her underwear, too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, boes said:

but COME ON, you expect us to believe that Marlena is going to chow down on a box of frosted donuts?  I don't think so.

A box of macarons.  Hattie would probably think they're donuts, though, and I bet she'd eat them.  ☺️

• LOL 4
51 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

A box of macarons.  Hattie would probably think they're donuts, though, and I bet she'd eat them.  ☺️

So that's what they were!  I'm no better than Hattie, LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I liked Eve’s jacket but would probably look like Elmo if I wore it. 

Giving someone an intentional allergic drug reaction is a bad way to die. Severe penicillin allergy reacts in 3rd degree burns some internally which leads to organ failure, loss of certain body parts like genitals, then death. I’m very allergic to penicillin also. 

@boes was right about Ted’s ridiculous logic and hypocrisy. He is tough on immigrants...but is one. Tough on victimless crime but has commited it recently. It’s cracking the whip on Eli and Lana to work on their time off...but Hope spends actual company time having personal discussions, relationship tiffs, going on vendetta quests. 

😂 Jack “Naming a child Tripp is signing a warrant for them to get their ass kicked in grade school.” 

Cuz bully’s trip kids while they walk I guess. It was funny when Tripp called Jack a tool. 

I find it hard to believe Steve is so angry at Kayla he’d avoid his entire family and friends for over a year now. 

It sucks Leos dad was a homophobe. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Giving someone an intentional allergic drug reaction is a bad way to die. Severe penicillin allergy reacts in 3rd degree burns some internally which leads to organ failure, loss of certain body parts like genitals, then death. I’m very allergic to penicillin also. 

Yikes, I had no idea, that's a horrible way to go. Steer clear, Petunia! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I find it hard to believe Steve is so angry at Kayla he’d avoid his entire family and friends for over a year now. 

Kayla could no wrong in Steve's eyes, so there is no way that he would stay away from her willingly.. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

@ boes was right about Ted’s ridiculous logic and hypocrisy. He is tough on immigrants...but is one. Tough on victimless crime but has commited it recently. It’s cracking the whip on Eli and Lana to work on their time off...but Hope spends actual company time having personal discussions, relationship tiffs, going on vendetta quests. 

You mean you DON'T get paid to conduct your entire life in the office (when you bother to show up, of course?)  And, of course, your employer would never mind the major PDA, fights, and endless relationship discussions.   Why on earth would they expect you to do the job for which you were hired?  But, of course, since the Salem Police force only has one case at a time (and this time they don't even have their own case - it's borrowed) it's only a matter of time before EVERY scene in the police office is Hope and Rafe having fights in front of Ted, Lani, Eli, and any other random day player they make sit at one of the desks (except, of course for Lani and Eli declaring their undying love - again in front of said day player).  You'd think they could at least reference crimes in the dialog - even minor ones like property damage or cell phone thefts.  And as far as the hypocrisy - this is Salem - you need to show your hypocrisy card at the border - if you can't produce one, you are denied entry.

I need to snark on the little stuff because this show is really boring lately.  John is crying over Marlena (again) who is in a coma (again) Eric and Brady are trying to act like humans for Marlena's sake (again.)  We ALL know that Marlena will come perilously close to death (again) and be miraculously cured at the last second (again!)  All we're missing is Belle trying to pull the plug while blaming Sami.  And Diana being a cartoon villain is not making this dreck any more believable.  Then, we have Eric getting involved with a woman who is involved with his brother (again.)  

While I hate that they are ret-conning the whole Clair as fire-starter thing, at least this is something we haven't seen lately - A "good" character snapping and doing bad things.  Of course (no spoilers here, just speculation) they'll probably explain it away with a brain tumor.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

While I hate that they are ret-conning the whole Clair as fire-starter thing, at least this is something we haven't seen lately - A "good" character snapping and doing bad things.  Of course (no spoilers here, just speculation) they'll probably explain it away with a brain tumor.

If Ron C. hadn't have gone to the DID well so many times, that would have been my bet.  He probably thumbed through the DSM for another mental disorder that he could portray in the most shallow, ridiculous way possible. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

If ever Steve does return, I bet it'll be another Bo situation. Where he originally wrote some letter but then it was found he was a hostage, etc.

• Love 8

I too have a penicillin allergy.

Do wonder if it would actually remain stable if injected in to the cookies.

Nice of Rex to not tell Sarah that he applied for a job at the hospital. I must be weird because I would never knowingly apply for a job where any of my relatives are without asking them first - if I didn't know where they worked, I wouldn't care.

Wasn't too interested in Will and Sonny.

Leo, your dad probably isn't John Black. Mommy may have faked the test. Do wonder what is in the envelope.

Little Holly is cute.

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

And did Diana inject every single macaroon with penicillin?  Perhaps a smaller box would have made more sense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If ever Steve does return, I bet it'll be another Bo situation. Where he originally wrote some letter but then it was found he was a hostage, etc.

And Jack, too, yes? Before his last return when Jenn was with (ick) Daniel. 

• Love 4