Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, boes said:

When Hope walked in on Rage comforting Jordan, were we supposed to see that as Hope being jealous?  Or maybe just bored?

I guess but it would have helped if Rafe actually look sympathetic and caring when Jordan told her devastating secret. He barely changed expressions.

Chrishell carried all those scenes without any help from Galen.

Edited by nilyank
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

I guess but it would have helped if Rafe actually look sympathetic and caring when Jordan told her devastating secret. He barely changed expressions.

Chrishell carried all those scenes without any help from Galen.

GG as usual can't act his way out of a paper bag!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

If Rafe had a previous relationship with Jordan, why would he be questioning her? Shouldn't it have been Eli? He was the only one handy? There should also be a court ordered psychiatrist with her when being questioned. If she indeed did cause her mother's car accident, the local cops would have to be questioned about their investigation. Of course she is in no position to stand trial for her crime and probably would be better off at Bayview or wherever because she would probably be found not criminally responsible for her actions.

Ted the interim DA? Does he have a law license to practice in Salem?

It's the same delusion of protecting everyone from her brother - and he really hasn't done anything.

I did like Ben expressing his fears about his sister to Ciara. He also needs to address them with his psychiatrist - whether it is Marlena or a new one. Even Ciara felt his reaction to be normal - him being clanged on the head a couple of times, and being faced with difficult emotions. He was human and he made that choice and now doesn't like himself, which is normal. It may take him a long time, if ever at all, to return to killing.

Haley is kinda grating on me. How is she being paid at the hospital? She certainly would have some sort of SSN for her salary. She would also get direct deposit paycheques. And she should be chipping in with JJ's apartment expenses. And a guest more than a few weeks goes on the lease.

Eve's dress was nice, but the sleeves would just get dirty and mop up a mess. Nice of her to overhear Trask talk to her sister and get the goods on her. Of course she wants to use Jack.

Claire, you should have brought Ben a piece of pie too. Unless she wanted Tripp, there was no real motive for her to set the fire at the cabin. Claire, Ben is going to have a very unfortunate chat with you when he finds out. Still doesn't make much sense. Better for Ciara to have knocked a candle over or some electrical malfunction.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Haley's sweater is ugly.  It looks like somebody's grandmother's upholstery.

"For the time being we're going to be on the same side"? Shouldn't the DA and the cops always be on the same side?

Excuse me, Ted, the Westons have been in Salem a lot longer than you.  Don't try to act like they ruined your home town.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

So is that it for Jordan?  Rafe declares her mentally incompetent, she's shipped off to Bayview?  Man, due process is so OPTIONAL in Salem.

It's gotta suck for Jordan fans.  I didn't know her before this stint but basesd on all the other character comments regarding their surprise -- she was a good person who helped alot of people.  Now?  She's just a footnote in the 'recover Ben' story.  They are SERIOUSLY committing themselves to Ben as a 'good guy'.  Because now it looks like they are going to go for the 'help him recover his own faith in himself' plot.  First, he WAS going to kill Jordan -- that's whack.  Second, what did Rafe tell anyone?  Sympathies to the Jordan fans.  If Bayview was competant, she'd be helped.  I don't trust Bayview -- a little too "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" for me.  

Now let me be clear -- I LIKE the actor and think the character (Ben) is somewhat fascinating.  It's just ... the machinations are so transparent.  I DON'T want to see the man behind the curtain in my fiction.  And I kinda can.  

Which brings me to the next contestant of "someone should really check the water supply in Salem because there are too many mental issues": Claire.  WTH Claire?!?!?!  I think your problem may not be Theo or Tripp.  I think it's with Ciara.  And not just because you tried to MURDER HER in the KidnapKabin of Fire (TM... someone else). I don't know enough about the history of these two, but was Ciara always getting the bigger cookie when they were toddlers?  Was Ciara always showered with praise and secretly Shawn and Belle were telling Claire to be more like Ciara?  This feels more like Cain & Able -- sister version -- than simple love rivals.  Claire has seriously moved up from lying (too numerous to count) & cheating (the magazine thing) to Murder 1.  Suprised me.  I guess she's the next generation 'evil villainess of Salem'.  I'm just looking for root cause.  

BTW: Go Chloe!  I don't remember if that was Thurs or Friday but I was glad to see her call out Eve of her Cruella DiVille move on New Year's Eve.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, SueB said:

So is that it for Jordan? 

Nothing storyline spoilery, but I'll spoil the answer, just in case.

Spoiler

I can't find it now, but I think I read she's around till April.  For sure, though, Friday was not her last episode, as someone asked the question on Twitter, and she replied "no".

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I know this is a strange reaction but the show's making Claire the person who started the fire feels massively insulting, like the writers aren't even bothering to see if this makes sense for the character.  The show set up Gabi's anger at Abby so her seeking revenge made sense.  Claire's somehow finding the cabin Ciara was in and deciding to set a fire to kill her aunt feels completely out of left field.  Yes Claire has been self-involved but murderous?

The Jordan scenes were very well done by the actress playing Jordan.  I'm not too sure what Rafe was doing in those scenes.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, SueB said:

Now let me be clear -- I LIKE the actor and think the character (Ben) is somewhat fascinating.  It's just ... the machinations are so transparent.  I DON'T want to see the man behind the curtain in my fiction.  And I kinda can.   

This. This so damn much. And it's really a shame because, yea, the Ben actor is quite decent and a story with him could be interesting, but they go this lazy ass route. So boring and tired. And it never works. Idiots.

56 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Yes Claire has been self-involved but murderous?

I will say, I do think they've been sorta setting it up to make Claire seem sociopathic, at least, for awhile. I've been commenting on it a lot lol. But, in any case, I have no doubt she's just another character they've decided to throw utb to facilitate the Ben/Ciara story.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

They couldn’t think of another way to write off Claire? It’s so random & doesn’t fit the storyline not to mention I can’t even recall where Claire was during the time Ciera was at the cabin the first time. Does the timeline even match up? Does anyone know?!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know this is a strange reaction but the show's making Claire the person who started the fire feels massively insulting, like the writers aren't even bothering to see if this makes sense for the character.  The show set up Gabi's anger at Abby so her seeking revenge made sense.  Claire's somehow finding the cabin Ciara was in and deciding to set a fire to kill her aunt feels completely out of left field.  Yes Claire has been self-involved but murderous?

The Jordan scenes were very well done by the actress playing Jordan.  I'm not too sure what Rafe was doing in those scenes.

Yes it’s a bit weird and rash considering this is Belle and Shawn’s daughter and they are pretty straight arrow bland people and a former super couple (I shipped HS and college era Shelle). Plus Marlena and John’s grandchild, like wtf? Some could argue...well Sami is violent, but all people she assaulted or shot had attacked her and she’s never killed close family members. Trip hardly seems worth killing an aunt over. He’s not even that cute or compelling to me, though I do like his chemistry with Haley. 

Galen Gerring fumbled those weighty scenes with Jordan. She’s sobbing about being raped as a preteen by her stepdad, seeing her brother beat, and killing her mom in a botched murder suicide ordeal and he’s “yes...and?”-ing in a bored tone. 

Ted’s starting to get on my nerves. I think he’s good looking and the actor is unique to soaps but maybe he should be moved out of Hope’s circle. 

• Love 10

I thought Billy Flynn left Days on his own. I didn't realize until I read SOD that he was being written out to have Chad & Abigail leave Salem together. I guess that's why it's call show business. I'm curious to see where he ends up. Another soap? Riverdale? CW?. He's a good actor but 3 years on a soap doesn't mean much to casting directors.

The wedding itself was done well. It was nice to have the whole family of Jenn, Jack, Abigail & JJ there for one final shot. I did think it was funny when Gabi was upset that Kate got invited and she didn't. Too funny!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6

Ugh, the "PSYCH!" with regards to Claire confessing to causing the fire.  I feel like those type of dream/fake-out sequences can only be used sparingly - for example, they did a brief one with Gabi late last year that effectively led her to the place where she considered smothering Julie - but this was a long, obnoxious one and Ron dips into that well too often.

As is, Claire's motive is ridiculous.  She was going to kill Ciara over a magazine contest and Tripp?  A MAGAZINE CONTEST?  TRIPP?!?!?!?!

In other news, I like when Sheila pops up, but I hope we're not building to a pairing with Abe.  Not needed.

• Love 8

Ron through Claire under the bus for a serial killer and to prop Ciara as a beleaguered heroine.  Shelle's baby girl is a sociopath and her cold resolve to leave Ciara to burn to death in the cabin was really scary.  I really don't understand why Ron has to write every woman as unhinged and homicidal, enough!

Jack using Hailey's secret against Trask  with Eve's urging was vile. I don't like real life politics being infused into the show. Ron does not have the talent to give it the sensitivity and nuance it deserves. Look at his pathetic attempt of BLM with Theo and JJ. It became all about JJ's pain and Theo was an afterthought. However, I did like Trask going after Abe, he is an incompetent mayor. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I really don't understand why Ron has to write every woman as unhinged and homicidal, enough!

Ron certainly has this tendency, but I dunno why soaps in general have done away with grey hat characters, the schemers who lie and cheat to get a payday or a man or whatever, and then get busted and slink off to lick their wounds only to come up with some new con.  Claire was kinda working in that vein, as a bumbling schemer-in-training, but this moment of madness in the cabin just took it to a less fun place.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ron certainly has this tendency, but I dunno why soaps in general have done away with grey hat characters, the schemers who lie and cheat to get a payday or a man or whatever, and then get busted and slink off to lick their wounds only to come up with some new con.  Claire was kinda working in that vein, as a bumbling schemer-in-training, but this moment of madness in the cabin just took it to a less fun place.

I had no problem with her trying to be a schemer and failing at it. It would have made her endearing, especially, if she heard all of those things her aunt Sami used to do at her age, tried imitating her, but failing every time. Soaps no longer have humorous characters to balance the heavy melodrama. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron through Claire under the bus for a serial killer and to prop Ciara as a beleaguered heroine.  Shelle's baby girl is a sociopath and her cold resolve to leave Ciara to burn to death in the cabin was really scary.  I really don't understand why Ron has to write every woman as unhinged and homicidal, enough!

This all started during the Face of Bella magazine contest--I think the show realized they made Ciara too bitchy and too much of a bully because suddenly Tripp's telling Claire that it's obvious Ciara didn't mean it all the times she swore she'd ruin Claire's life and that she'd make Claire pay because she was sick of being hurt all the time.  It turns out that Ciara loves Claire and Claire just needs to give Ciara a break.

Then we started hearing how beautiful Ciara is on the inside and out and Claire just needs to stop trying to hurt Ciara and just be gracious and admit she's a loser.  Okay I added that part but the new narrative on the show appears to be that Ciara always wins and Claire always loses because all of her inept schemes seem to end with Claire's having to confess her mistakes and bad judgment calls and beg for Ciara's forgiveness which is always kindly granted.

Now there is this nonsense of Claire's tracking down Ciara's location  and wanting to save her because Claire wanted to be a hero which then somehow turned to Claire's deciding to get rid of the massive competition that is Miss Ciara Brady and setting the fire to kill her.  Because apparently Claire can't deal with continuously losing to such a superb and awesome person.

I think I'm going to be sick.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Now there is this nonsense of Claire's tracking down Ciara's location  and wanting to save her because Claire wanted to be a hero which then somehow turned to Claire's deciding to get rid of the massive competition that is Miss Ciara Brady and setting the fire to kill her. 

You know what would made this more interesting?  If Claire had set the fire to make it a more dramatic moment - "I can see the headlines now, Claire Brady bravely rescues friend slash aunt from cabin blaze!" - and it had gotten out of control and she had gotten scared and run off versus doing it for the motives she did (over Tripp?  TRIPP!?!?).

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You know what would made this more interesting?  If Claire had set the fire to make it a more dramatic moment - "I can see the headlines now, Claire Brady bravely rescues friend slash aunt from cabin blaze!" - and it had gotten out of control and she had gotten scared and run off versus doing it for the motives she did (over Tripp?  TRIPP!?!?).

As I'm remembering this storyline, back in July, wasn't Claire still intent on winning Theo back and it was his finding out that she tried to take Ciara's god given right as the winner of  the Face of Bella magazine from her that was the last straw in their getting back together?  And then Claire and Trip consoled each other because he was upset over Ciara's breaking up with him?  Claire didn't want Trip until months later.

And yes, it would be in character for Claire to imagine herself single-handedly carrying an injured Ciara to safely while battling flames--at least that daydream might have been slightly amusing and not this painfully rewritten drek.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why do mayors need positions on immigration?

Sanctuary city?

Here's a clip of Claire explaining her reasons

IMO, none of this is about Ben. It's about Ciara vs Claire unrelated to Ben but related to their history. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
added something
  • Love 3

I don't care about the reasons. To me, this is still more character assassination for Ben. On a different note, despite Martha Madison playing Belle forever now, it's eerie how much Olivia Rose Keegan resembles and sounds like Kirsten Storms!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

To me, this is still more character assassination for Ben.

Yep.

I'm mad because I wanted Claire to be more sociopathic lol. I think the actress would be better at that than, whatever that was today.

Hope cooing at Ben today was a worse look then her abusing her position as a cop to go after him. Ugh. The deification has begun. Such a shame.

ETA: I forgot. JJ was hilarious today with his reactions to Haley's continuous "I know you'd never betray me!" stuff and then Jack outing the situation. Jack is the worst for doing this, but I can't really feel too bad for JJ since his dumb ass told him in the first place.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care about the reasons. To me, this is still more character assassination for Ben. On a different note, despite Martha Madison playing Belle forever now, it's eerie how much Olivia Rose Keegan resembles and sounds like Kirsten Storms!

That is fine. But Ben & Ciara weren't even a thing then and Claire didn't know Ben was up there with Ciara when she started the fire. So as I see it, her reasons as explicitly stated and from what we saw, she resented Ciara for reasons that had nothing to do with Ben or Cin. 

• Love 6

That’s how I saw it too - as it being solely about Claire’s jealousy of Ciara. I was hoping it was accidental though, so I was disappointed it played out as deliberate - even if Claire did go back after realising what she’d done. That said, ORK plays cray cray well.

It was interesting to see Hope’s backflip on Ben, but given her singular focus on proving Ben’s guilt led directly to Ciara being in danger, I didn’t see it as a deification of Ben. I saw it as her taking some responsibility for her unwillingness to investigate other suspects, even when people like Eli were saying it didn’t add up. I did like that Ben wasn’t really buying what she was saying though, and that Jordan’s assessment of him is weighing heavy on him. 

• Love 7

They got me with the fake-out confession.  The only thing that seemed off to me was that Victoria Konefal was saying she couldn't believe it but her face wasn't expressing much incredulity over what Claire was saying to them, which made more sense when we were shown that it was happening in Claire's mind.    

If they're going to stick with Claire coming back to put out the fire before driving off, I'm fine with that.  It falls in line with the dubious sense of morality they've saddled her with lately.  And, I think someone her age would say she did it because of Ciara besting her over and over again, as she wouldn't necessarily understand that human behaviors can be driven by sub-conscious and unconscious motivators.  I don't believe anyone attempts to murder another because of magazine contests and competition for suitors.  I liked that they had her saying, "I don't know!" when Tripp asked her why she did it at one point.  

I really wish they were writing Eve and Jack as having an ON FIRE sex life, because then I could kind of understand why he listens to any of her suggestions. 

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I really wish they were writing Eve and Jack as having an ON FIRE sex life, because then I could kind of understand why he listens to any of her suggestions. 

This! I get that he doesn’t remember them but he knows that his family don’t like Eve, largely because they believe she is manipulative, so I assumed  he’d be more wary/street smart. Originally I thought that was where they were going with their relationship but he seems to be just blindly following where she leads him which makes no sense to me. I expected him to be smarter, memory or not. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, BoldDays said:

Originally I thought that was where they were going with their relationship but he seems to be just blindly following where she leads him which makes no sense to me. I expected him to be smarter, memory or not

That's the one thing that's driving me batty about the story.  (And I should have predicted it but still...)  He doesn't really have any agency. 

• Love 4

It's about time Claire is brought to justice for her crimes, right?

After all she's done, like

kidnapping her mother when she was an infant and trying to get rid of her - quite the feat considering she wasn't born but evul is evul.....and

burying Carly alive - who knew she was that strong, right?...and

shooting Sonny, her OWN cousin!  and....

turning her own grandmother, Hope, into Princess Gina and making her act like such a jerk, pretty damned awful,.....and

framing Kayla for murder, her own aunt, ohmy......and

blackmailing Bill Horton about Mike's paternity.....

and so much more.

Claire is just a monster!

But never fear, because Ollie is here!  though he's feeling pretty low because that delicate conscience of his is just torturing the poor guy because his formerly utterly sane sister said a mean thing to him and now he's worried he might kill.......talk to Paige, Serena, that midwife and Will, Ollie, let them put your mind at ease.

If I could spread the horseshit of this episode on my roses I'd have the bloom of the century this spring.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

The fakeout was just too easy. Ciara would have been bolting out of her hospital bed to wring Claire's neck - and worse. She'd be getting a hospital room buddy. Claire's fantasy machinations were pretty good but to do it over a dude? Surely your aunt has been besting you every single time and that is more a reason. Or work on your singing career, but do it in the right way. Get your college degree, do something.

I did like Hope apologizing to Ben and treating him as a human being. Like it or not Hope, he showed remorse and guilt and human behavior. His actions against his sister were not extraordinary and he would be unlikely to face any real charges. Him sitting in Horton Square having a conscience attack was also interesting. Hopefully he can talk to his shrink about this.

Jenn, maybe call or text your son first before your drop by unannounced.

The mayor's debate was dumb.  Civic elections here are held in October so it seems almost 6 months early. Don't see why Eve and Jack needed to be there or why Jack, even with memory loss, has few of his old instincts and gut feelings. Trask did seem a bit sensible and now this whole nonsense of her illegally residing in the US sister is coming up. Plot device and nothing more. Abe is a more affable mayor but Trask would get more done. However, we don't know much about Trask and she has been one-note since she has been there.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Totally agree.  I don't understand why he's not listening to his conscience or instinct about Eve and hope there's some explanation for it ... but until then, or in the absence of such an explanation, hot sex would be better than nothing at all.

I like JJ and Hayley together and am glad Casey Moss is finally back on the front burner.

Not sure what to think about Claire.  On the one hand, I sort of enjoyed her (fake-out) confession.  ORK played those ridiculous, nonsensical scenes really well.  I mean, who doesn't want to set fire to the aunt who fucks up your chance of winning a magazine contest and then steals your boyfriend?  But seriously, this is the assassination of a much needed young character with strong historical ties to the canvas.  ORK and the audience deserve better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, boes said:

It's about time Claire is brought to justice for her crimes, right?

After all she's done, like

kidnapping her mother when she was an infant and trying to get rid of her - quite the feat considering she wasn't born but evul is evul.....and

burying Carly alive - who knew she was that strong, right?...and

shooting Sonny, her OWN cousin!  and....

turning her own grandmother, Hope, into Princess Gina and making her act like such a jerk, pretty damned awful,.....and

framing Kayla for murder, her own aunt, ohmy......and

blackmailing Bill Horton about Mike's paternity.....

and so much more.

Claire is just a monster!

But never fear, because Ollie is here!  though he's feeling pretty low because that delicate conscience of his is just torturing the poor guy because his formerly utterly sane sister said a mean thing to him and now he's worried he might kill.......talk to Paige, Serena, that midwife and Will, Ollie, let them put your mind at ease.

If I could spread the horseshit of this episode on my roses I'd have the bloom of the century this spring.

I want to frame this post in gold and diamonds, then pull a classic Sonny Corinthos of GH and give it a bullet of love! 💖💙

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Totally agree.  I don't understand why he's not listening to his conscience or instinct about Eve and hope there's some explanation for it ... but until then, or in the absence of such an explanation, hot sex would be better than nothing at all.

As for this, the answer is sadly simple: Because Ron gives no shits about actual characters and their agency. They exist only to drive this nonsensical revenge shit that Not!Eve! still has going for...reasons.

• Love 7

I got to tell you, Haley's starting to bug.  She is way too quick to fly off the handle and make over-dramatic accusations against people.  She knows that JJ is a good person who has always helped her, maybe find out his side first before doing all of her finger pointing.  I also don't like this idea that she's somehow a victim in all of this--she's the illegal immigrant, who else is to blame for her status?

I did like JJ's defending himself to the chick--yes he made a mistake but it's Eve who discovered who Haley's sister is, not that Haley much cares about that--and I like how he confronted Jack.  This person who is now Eve's puppet has become massively annoying and in no way represents his dad.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

ZOMG, please no! I'd have to FF or boycott those scenes, blech.  

So, back from LA -- no other airport brushes with fame, although I do remember walking past Clyde once at LAX a few years ago, which I wish I'd remembered in time to mention to RSW - or Rob, as I call him now : )

Just caught up on four shows last night in a whirlwind, so I'll be brief:

•  Loved the Chabby sendoff. Mostly because Billy Flynn really brought it. I also felt like I was watching real-life friends say goodbye.  I hope he turns up again somewhere. The whole episode was  very well done -- Jennifer shined, Jack and JJ bonded even more, and Thomas was adorbs throughout. And Kate -well, I love her. 
  • Anyone else think Hope had some botox or something? Her upper lip did not move, and I found it too distracting. She's usually so expressive, it was weird.
  • Totally fooled me with Claire's fake confession, although I thought it was weird that they'd tie that up so quickly. This whole thing feels a bit desperate to me -- desperate on the part of the show to juice things up a little and resolve that mystery. Will be fun to see her outfox herself and be exposed eventually (or soon, since this show's sense of cadence is unpredictable). 
  • Um, I really should post while I'm watching because I had a lot to say and can't remember more than this.

Phew, glad I'm caught up! 

P.S. I thought Jordan's scene was fantastic! Way to go out, Chrishelle.

Edited by Lastwaltz
more thoughts
  • Love 9

I really cannot stand this Robert Ford Redemption for Stefan O.  He wasn't just obsessed with Gabigail, Chloe, he RAPED HER.

I've lost track of how many days have past in Salem, should Gabi still be in that particular dress?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I got to tell you, Haley's starting to bug.  She is way too quick to fly off the handle and make over-dramatic accusations against people.  She knows that JJ is a good person who has always helped her, maybe find out his side first before doing all of her finger pointing.  I also don't like this idea that she's somehow a victim in all of this--she's the illegal immigrant, who else is to blame for her status?

I did like JJ's defending himself to the chick--yes he made a mistake but it's Eve who discovered who Haley's sister is, not that Haley much cares about that--and I like how he confronted Jack.  This person who is now Eve's puppet has become massively annoying and in no way represents his dad.

I had no problem with her reaction. It was not JJ's secret to tell.  She does not know that Eve was the one who manipulated Jack into telling her secret. Now her secret is out, she can be picked up by ICE  at any moment and be put on a plane to China a country that is alien to her. She knows nobody there, does not speak the languages and it is a totalitarian government. She has every right to be angry and be a bitch to JJ.   JJ was wrong to tell her secret to Jack, full stop. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16

I'm confused by Haley's situation.  She speaks perfect English, doesn't remember Mandarin (or Cantonese or ???), and doesn't have any family in China.  She's been here for most of her life.  But Melinda makes it sound like Haley hasn't been around her for all that long, perhaps just a few years.  So where was Haley before that?  Was she with parents or other family who were also undocumented?

The JJ/Jack confrontation was pretty good.  Jennifer even had a funny line when she said that the whole thing had Eve's stink on it, and Eve said, disgusted, "Excuse me?" 

Looking forward to Gabi and Brady making Stefan even more miserable.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I'm confused by Haley's situation.  She speaks perfect English, doesn't remember Mandarin (or Cantonese or ???), and doesn't have any family in China.  She's been here for most of her life.  But Melinda makes it sound like Haley hasn't been around her for all that long, perhaps just a few years.  So where was Haley before that?  Was she with parents or other family who were also undocumented?

Ron wrote this story so it is full of holes. She probably has family over there and does not know them. Not to mention, we don't know why her family left China. It is not easy for the people to leave the country, you can't just ask for a visa to to the states. How is it Trask is American and she is not a legal resident. You cannot go to college and beyond if you don't have a social security number and an alien card number. Trask said that she went to nursing school.  How is that even possible? Ron really needs to so his research before he writes a story based on reality.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

It's actually not all that difficult to get a fake social security card.  There are plenty of undocumented folks who have one and who pay into SS, but will obviously never get back those benefits when/if they retire.

I'm hoping Ron will fill in the holes but have no hope that he will.  It's too bad because this could be an interesting story.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, we don't know why her family [Haley's] left China.

They didn't, I believe we heard her parents died, the dad first, then the mom.  And then the mom left instructions on how to find and get to Melinda, IIRC.

But then that loops back to the plot holes of her having no memories of being in China and no command of the language.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really cannot stand this Robert Ford Redemption for Stefan O.  He wasn't just obsessed with Gabigail, Chloe, he RAPED HER.

Not only that, but even just how nonchalant they're being about her being obsessed with her. Like, that's not good or healthy lol. So weird. And I don't even hate Stefan!

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I had no problem with her reaction. It was not JJ's secret to tell.  She does not know that Eve was the one who manipulated Jack into telling her secret. Now her secret is out, she can be picked up by ICE  at any moment and be put on a plane to China a country that is alien to her. She knows nobody there, does not speak the languages and it is a totalitarian government. She has every right to be angry and be a bitch to JJ.   JJ was wrong to tell her secret to Jack, full stop. 

This. I was glad she told his dumb ass off. I thought it was hilarious though because the actress kept using her hands and pointing. I was laughing the whole time.

Gabi! *heart eyes emoji*

• Love 8
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Before he was Eve's puppet he was Jennifer's.  With Jennifer is was always my way or no way.

• Love 2

In the heat of the argument, I could see Haley exaggerating and claiming she doesn't remember her native language just to make JJ feel worse.  Sometimes we stretch the truth to "win" an argument.  But it's often difficult to tell if we're being shown insight into a character, or the show doesn't give a damn about continuity.  

Even though Jack's motivation for exposing Haley is flimsy at best, I thought Casey Moss and Matthew Ashford made the most of it and put on a good show.  But, I felt bad that Missy Reeves and KdP had to have the same damn conversation Jennifer and Eve always have, although I kinda love the way Jennifer tears into Eve, which is odd because I usually root for the villain in these types of situations.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I had no problem with her reaction. It was not JJ's secret to tell. 

I agree.  I think the fact that he lied to her when she directly asked him whether or not he had told his father exacerbated her reaction.  I do think "you only did it to get in my pants" was a silly conclusion, though. 

Speaking of silly reasoning, Jack claims he is doing this to protect JJ yet he just exposed that JJ was living with an undocumented immigrant on local TV.  I do like that JJ is throwing it in Jack's face that he's Eve's puppet every time Jack accuses Haley of manipulating JJ.

What I wonder is why Melinda didn't adopt her sister.  She's significantly older.  Her sister is an orphan.  Of all the paths there are to citizenship, I'd imagine that'd be one of the easier ones. 

• Love 13

I also didn't like Haley's pointing at everything. Yes, JJ made a mistake in confiding in the man who he believes is his formerly dead father. He has no idea of how much of a puppet his dad is to manipulative Eve, who has a major vendetta against his mother. JJ has provided a strange woman whose life he saved from an apparent suicide attempt with a place to stay, that has heat and water and power.  Plus food, etc. Doubt he is asking her to chip in for rent and expenses yet. Haley can be upset and angry, but she should be grateful for what she has,

Melinda Trask should know not to pursue a public life if she has family who are illegal citizens. And it is not the Salem Mayor's job to deal with immigration - that is federal, I guess. Trask would probably get more flak from being an apparently single woman with no spouse or children. Nice of her to disown her family.

Did like JJ going at Jack. He should not trust his 'father' who has no memory of his previous life. Yes, Jack should still have some sense of integrity and the qualities that made him a decent husband and father. He is also blindly trusting a woman who has her own agenda.

With the massive security system and guards around the DiMera estate, surely Chloe would be safe. Heck, she can stay in the tunnels - Stefan can do some redecorating and she will be quite comfy there and no one will find her.

Maybe Brady and Gabi can team up and do something together. Perhaps Mr. Xin/Shin can also help out Gabi.

Abe and Sheila having a beer together? They have come very far.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Wow, now that was some AKTING, wasn't it?  

Was the actor playing Haley trying to punch up her performance with all that jazz hands activity or was she auditioning for Crossing Guard Academy?  If so, she's a shoe in!

Oh look, it's Melinda!  It's not fair to accuse her of chewing the scenery - she chomps off a chunk and swallows it whole.

JJ, kick 'em both our of your apartment.

Enough on the "illegal" alien storyline, there's a good reason Haley doesn't remember China or the language.  She's from CHINO, not CHINA.  Admittedly, it feels like another country but if she checks her old library card it'll clear everything up.

Show has a lot of sucky actors but damn, Show, you must have got a deal on these two.

So is Show doing a chem test on Gabi and Brady?  I could see it.....

Melinda, you might have an image problem......

giphy.gif

Try to smile more!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5