Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck in the Media

bref
  • Start Topic

Thank you for the link. Even though the podcast offered Krystal a chance to defend her nasty, nasty actions and behaviour towards others, she still came across as an entitled bitch. She is beyond ugly (personality wise) and I still can't get over Ross jumping her bones.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:11 PM, scrb said:

She claims the Tahiti charters started at 180k Euros.  For a couple of days charter?

Krystal said that the charge was 40,000 per day, but she paid 20,000 per day for being on the show. I would rather invest in more real estate (around the world).

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, snarts said:

Reunion on WWHL to celebrate the 100th episode. Hoping more than just those mentioned show up.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/below-deck-cast-members-to-reunite-on-wwhl-for-100th-episode?cid=soc_tw_Bravo_BelowDeck_WWHL_Dish

Given it doesn’t say it’s live I have to imagine this was filmed before Christmas so they probably know who is there and they are the main people which makes since because they all were on more than one season. 

12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Given it doesn’t say it’s live I have to imagine this was filmed before Christmas so they probably know who is there and they are the main people which makes since because they all were on more than one season. 

Xfinity gives generic information about WWHL so I don't know when this 100th episode reunion show is going to air.

Monday, Jan 6th per the Bravo article.

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

WWHL by its title airs live.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, snarts said:

WWHL by its title airs live.

It actually frequently doesn’t. Particularly the 10 pm hour specials, they get numbers of callers and call back but even the regular half hour shows routinely banks episodes so Andy doesn’t have to work so many days straight. There are numerous articles or posts about people talking about their experiences at the taping or being a caller.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It actually frequently doesn’t. Particularly the 10 pm hour specials, they get numbers of callers and call back but even the regular half hour shows routinely banks episodes so Andy doesn’t have to work so many days straight. There are numerous articles or posts about people talking about their experiences at the taping or being a caller.

Correct.  It is live to tape but that doesn’t mean it airs live. Most of the late shows frequently tape at 4 pm or so (Dave Letterman was 4 pm, if I remember correctly). It is a distinction most people don’t know about. They can still call themselves live because they don’t necessarily go back and redo things. They might air 23 minutes and do 25 minutes of stuff because they know there is 2 minutes of junk they might edit out but they watch the timer pretty close and usually record it for the air time with the appropriate commercial breaks (Ellen’s executive producers actually went into this on one of their podcasts). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

So from S7E13, some people complain about Courtney, but I saw Capt. Lee say she may complain but gets her work done.  Yes!  I don't mind her at all, and over in the episode thread someone posted her take on the male harassment, so I went to her twitter and found a variety of good stuff from her.

Here's one, and I get it.  😄

her retweet of above

https://twitter.com/courtneyskippon/status/1211898200254119936

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Those guys aren't from this season?

No they are doing a retrospective in honor of the 100th episode. Makes me think we might not get a normal reunion. It’s an hour WWHL at 10 pm tomorrow.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

If you're not following Leslie Jones (@Lesdoggg) on Twitter, she has much to say about this season, and she often live-tweets. 

She is so anti-bru it’s hilarious!

• Love 6
Just now, The Ringo Kidd said:

Yeah. She is about as popular with “Ghostbusters” fans as Kate is with her crew mates.

Given that most of the vitriol happened just at the concept of women being cast as GB, I would agree that they are similar!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 1/5/2020 at 4:33 PM, biakbiak said:

So it looks like they will be filming the reunion tonight. Amy, Ben, Connie, Josiah, and Chef Adrien, Jenn, Kat and Nico, are going to be there. 

Plus others from previous episodes like Rocky and Eddie. Jenn is a chief stew now? Alrighty, then. Anybody watch it? I normally like Kate, but thought Kate was high on something. She was really trying to be shady and funny but fell flat. Andy Cohen was not amused with her at all. She would answer a question with another question and kept telling Rocky how "talented" she was. Very strange. Oh, and Kate, stop with the trout mouth lip fillers. It doesn't look good when you have a natural resting bitch face and those lips are hanging out there. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Plus others from previous episodes like Rocky and Eddie. Jenn is a chief stew now? Alrighty, then. Anybody watch it? I normally like Kate, but thought Kate was high on something. She was really trying to be shady and funny but fell flat. Andy Cohen was not amused with her at all. She would answer a question with another question and kept telling Rocky how "talented" she was. Very strange. Oh, and Kate, stop with the trout mouth lip fillers. It doesn't look good when you have a natural resting bitch face and those lips are hanging out there. 

I watched. I just think Kate is really bitter about this current season. As she said 'too soon'. I think the season hit her hard. Also social media is probably wearing on her. Like the one call in asked her about being shady and she kept just saying something like hard working, yeah, hard working...working hard, yep. Something like that. I do think she works hard and is good at her job. I also think she knows how to keep the drama up for the show even if that makes her look like a mean girl. But this season probably brought out all the Kate hate and it's wearing on her....is my guess. I'd get loaded and be snarky and strange too if I were on that reunion show and I were her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Plus others from previous episodes like Rocky and Eddie. Jenn is a chief stew now? Alrighty, then.

Wasn't Jenn the space cadet with a kid who was a realtor? I remember her spending half the time on  the phone crying with her daughter who was with her parents. Who the hell is raising her kid if she's a chief stew now? 

• Love 4

Kate usually has an ally of sorts that enables her to maintain her Queen Bee position.  This season, the only ones that come close are Cortney who isn't vocal about things and Rhylee who is disliked by the entire deck crew.

Previews even indicate that a charter guest questions her attitude. I think all this is throwing her off a bit. 

I like Kate generally, and I know the following is unpopular, but....IMO, Kate is a Queen Bee, judgmental, hypocritical, and holds a double standard. 

• The "bru's" loved Abby so the fact that they dislike Rhylee has nothing to do with gender.
  • The "bru's" do talk about sex with women, but so do Kate and Rhylee - although not in such a vile way.
  • Kate says firing Rhylee is the easy way out for a manager rather than Ashton trying harder to work with her.  The same could be said about Kate and most 1st and 2nd stews in previous seasons, and including Simone this season.  Kate is a horrible manager/mentor and she's insullting to boot.  In addition, sometimes firing someone is the better management decision - which Kate has given Captain Lee ultimatums about (it's her or them). Just because Kate likes Rhylee, it doesn't mean Ashton is a bad manager. 
  • On the social and managerial front, Ashton gets positive remarks from 3 out of the 4 of his deck crew (Rhylee being the 4th).  Kate rarely gets positive remarks from her interior staff - 50/50 on a good season.

The ONLY two places where Ashton went wrong, IMO, were kissing Kate uninvited, and his level of aggression in the van.  Both are physical and emotional violations that would justifiably cause fear in anyone.  He needs to exercise better self-control and not let others, and himself, get the better of him.  Hopefully he'll learn from this.

I'm not sure I'll watch anymore given the Kate + Captain Lee relationship.  It's a no-win for just about everyone else, and with Kate's hypocrasy and Queen Bee rights, I'm a little over it. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

The "bru's" loved Abby so the fact that they dislike Rhylee has nothing to do with gender.

Disagree. They loved Abby because she behaved how they expect/prefer a woman to behave. she was actually quite lazy, but they loved that. It didn't threaten their egos. Rhylee is a damn hard worker. She needs to shut up 75% of the time. I think she has issues that would bother ME if she were a man, but I'm not sure the same can be said of the brus.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

How did Kate "tease" Ashton about his mother?

She brought up Ashton's mother to joke about her in the van.  Maybe that's not considered teasing by all. 

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Disagree. They loved Abby because she behaved how they expect/prefer a woman to behave. she was actually quite lazy, but they loved that. It didn't threaten their egos. Rhylee is a damn hard worker. She needs to shut up 75% of the time. I think she has issues that would bother ME if she were a man, but I'm not sure the same can be said of the brus.

I interpret it differently.  I feel they liked Abby because they enjoyed her company.  And in the real world, getting along with people is as important as doing the job. 

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

I recall a scene where someone was showing Rhylee how to tie the knot.  I don't think Ashton set Rhylee up for failure.  I think Captain Lee is kissin' Kate's ass. 

Agree to disagree on all this.  We all see the world through different lenses. Thank you.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2

I agree that they liked Abby because she was in no way a threat to their manhood. Yes, Rhylee is annoying and not the easiest worker to be managing. But Ashton failed to manage and seemed more to want to push her right over the edge just to get rid of her to have all his brus ONLY working on deck. Maybe even Abby left in part because she couldn't get footing with the 3 brus. Also, Kate managed many a difficult worker and never fired any (until the Caroline bit and for the love of Pete, that girl needed to be fired as did many others Kate had to put up with...Jenn, I am looking at you). Kate has had to manage Kat...and Kat and Amy drama, Jenn, Caroline, Laura, ROCKY....had to also work close  with Leon, Matt, Ben and Adrian (all of whom are crazy...um, they are chefs). I mean...Rocky and Jenn made it all season without being canned. Kate can manage her ass off. That is one thing you cannot say Kate fails at. Yes, she is snarky and mean girl-ish. Yes, she is close to the boss-man and may get away with things. But she works hard to earn ALL of them, everyone on that boat, a good tip. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 15

Lets not pretend there's any kind of real managing going on.

These are all roles for the show.  Those in "supervisory" positions get to talk down to the others and set schedules and so on.

If these responsibilities actually mattered, they wouldn't get equal shares of the tip.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, scrb said:

If these responsibilities actually mattered, they wouldn't get equal shares of the tip.

That’s not true. While it can vary based on the company, dividing the tip equally is very common in yachting.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Lamima said:

I watched. I just think Kate is really bitter about this current season. As she said 'too soon'. I think the season hit her hard. Also social media is probably wearing on her. Like the one call in asked her about being shady and she kept just saying something like hard working, yeah, hard working...working hard, yep. Something like that. I do think she works hard and is good at her job. I also think she knows how to keep the drama up for the show even if that makes her look like a mean girl. But this season probably brought out all the Kate hate and it's wearing on her....is my guess. I'd get loaded and be snarky and strange too if I were on that reunion show and I were her.

Plus,  I imagine anytime crew members show up on WWHL while the season is still in progress, they can comment on anything that has already aired, but are under stern warning not to spoil anything from future episodes.  The easiest way to keep from issuing spoilers is just to avoid a subject.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Jextella said:

Kate usually has an ally of sorts that enables her to maintain her Queen Bee position.  This season, the only ones that come close are Cortney who isn't vocal about things and Rhylee who is disliked by the entire deck crew.

Previews even indicate that a charter guest questions her attitude. I think all this is throwing her off a bit. 

I like Kate generally, and I know the following is unpopular, but....IMO, Kate is a Queen Bee, judgmental, hypocritical, and holds a double standard. 

• The "bru's" loved Abby so the fact that they dislike Rhylee has nothing to do with gender.
  • The "bru's" do talk about sex with women, but so do Kate and Rhylee - although not in such a vile way.
  • Kate says firing Rhylee is the easy way out for a manager rather than Ashton trying harder to work with her.  The same could be said about Kate and most 1st and 2nd stews in previous seasons, and including Simone this season.  Kate is a horrible mentor and she's insullting to boot.  In addition, sometimes firing someone is the better management decision - which Kate has done herself in the past. Just because Kate likes Rhylee, it doesn't mean Ashton is a bad manager. 
  • On the social and managerial front, Ashton gets positive remarks from 3 out of the 4 of his deck crew (Rhylee being the 4th).  Kate rarely gets positive remarks from her interior staff - 50/50 on a good season.

The ONLY two places where Ashton went wrong, IMO, was kissing Kate uninvited, and his level of aggression in the van.  Both are physical and emotional violations that would justifiably cause fear in anyone.  He needs to exercise better self-control and not let others, and himself, get the better of him.  Hopefully he'll learn from this.

I'm not sure I'll watch anymore given the Kate + Captain Lee relationship.  It's a no-win for just about everyone else, and with Kate's hypocrasy and Queen Bee rights, I'm a little over it. 

I agree with all of the above.  I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw things this way.  

Kate has treated most of her crew as badly or worse (except for the physical stuff) than she was treated this season.  I cry no tears for her.  Maybe it's good for her to see how it feels to be the one "everyone hates."  She did it to Amy, Jenn, Rocky, Bruno, Leon, and, most egregiously, Caroline.  She's a mean bully who, as it turns out, can dish it out but cannot take it.  

As for all the Ashton hate, I understand that he acted inappropriately.  I think he would be the first one to agree with that, but I believe he will work hard to change his behavior and never let that happen again.  I don't think he's a bad guy.  He's immaturely competitive when it comes to women.  He was trying to beat Tanner to Kate and was rebuffed, twice.  Now, the truly bad person in that group, imo, is Tanner.  He is gross.  As soon as he got wind that Simone had a crush on him, he took full advantage knowing full well he had absolutely no interest in her.  He took what he could get and then dumped her, keeping his eye on the real "prize" (in his twisted mind), Kate.  Not to mention his jokes about getting "girls" pregnant.  He's repulsive.  

And, as for Ryleigh, she may be a hard worker, but I cannot think of any workplace where her kind of attitude and disrespect for authority would be tolerated, period.  I don't think being female even enters into it.  It is easier for someone to do the work themselves than to engage with Ryleigh long enough to get her to do it.  You don't keep a job that way.  I feel for her because that huge chip on her shoulder comes from somewhere and it's probably a sad or infuriating story, but she needs to get it under control or she is going to have very limited success with other people, including bosses and co-workers.  I'm rooting for her.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

How did Kate "tease" Ashton about his mother?

In the van ride, the guys were making fun of Tanner's mom who called in and told him to not get any Thai prostitutes pregnant, and other motherly advice, and Kate piped in and said to Ashton, I think "What about your mom?" as in what would she call in to say?  To me, it didn't seem like much of an offensive question.  Some viewers tend to interpret it to mean: what opinion would she render on your behavior, or what caused you to grow up to be so vile?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JillThePill said:

Kate has treated most of her crew as badly or worse (except for the physical stuff) than she was treated this season.  I cry no tears for her.  Maybe it's good for her to see how it feels to be the one "everyone hates."  She did it to Amy, Jenn, Rocky, Bruno, Leon, and, most egregiously, Caroline.  She's a mean bully who, as it turns out, can dish it out but cannot take it.  

Right on the money. Kate is the cancer on this boat not Rhylee. It is instructive that nobody stepped up to defend her. Normally she alienates part of the crew. This year it’s unanimous!

They really need a new chief stew. It’s time for a change.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JillThePill said:

Yeah I think this managing my team discussion between Ashton and Kate was mostly BS since this is a show and they're playing roles.

But Kate telling him it would be bad management to fire Rhylee is ridiculous.

She made a point of demoting Simone and promoting Courtney to humiliate Simone.  Tell me that's better management or more compassionate than firing someone just 6 days before the gig was ending anyways.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, scrb said:

She made a point of demoting Simone and promoting Courtney to humiliate Simone.  Tell me that's better management or more compassionate than firing someone just 6 days before the gig was ending anyways.

I think she promoted Courtney as the only action there, so both then had two stripes.

• Love 4