Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck in the Media

bref
  • Start Topic

I say this as an unabashed Countess Luann fan, but Luann went beyond what it sounds like Ross did:

• He didn't threaten to kill a cop
  • He didn't hit a cop, but most importantly, and why people won't delight in his arrest..  
  • He didn't release a song called Money Can't Buy You Class or spend seasons lecturing others about etiquette

;)

• Love 15

I saw that too and it is very interesting if it is true. Bravo might agree that the format of Kate torturing the third stew is getting stale. Some new blood would not be a bad thing.

They also had a photo of the new Med crew that includes Capt Sandy, Ben as chef, Jao as bosun  and Colin as a deckhand. Unfortunately Hannah is still chief stew.

• Love 3

If it's real, why would they wait a little over a month before putting out a casting call on social media?

Get someone who's never been on TV and then get them over to Asia?  Seems like a tough schedule.

Maybe Kate bailed on them at the last minute and they're scrambling.  Though you'd think the producers would have some other alternate cast members ready, just in case.

• Love 2

That was my first thought--that Kate was pulling the plug. Despite the fact that she is hated by some viewers, she is loved by many more. I can't imagine they're giving her the heave-ho, to get nautical about it. :) 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think both of the last two years Kate has talked about not returning because she likes her real job and her dog. 

What's her real job?

It's hard to get six weeks off work. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

She runs a nonprofit consignment shop where all the proceeds go to a domestic violence shelter and plans events for the shelter.

Thanks.   That can't be a high paying gig so I guess her yachting income and tips are needed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Thanks.   That can't be a high paying gig so I guess her yachting income and tips are needed.

She hasn’t been doing yachting other than the six weeks filming the show for several years, I believe before she was cast she wasn’t working fulltine yachting if at all.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

I don't think Kate will leave the "mother ship"... There will probably another new franchise "Below Deck : Asia", or something like that ;)

The add specifies Captain Lee so I think where he goes would be considered the “mother ship”. 

I think it’s more likely that they are just going to not be going back to the Caribbean for awhile if at all.

• Love 4
On 12/26/2018 at 4:28 PM, Diane Mars said:

The direct link to the post on facebook :

I have a hard time believing that advert is real. Most reality shows tend to recruit quietly, or so it seems. I can’t imagine that they’d be so overt about this. I mean, has Kate said she’s leaving? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

I have a hard time believing that advert is real. Most reality shows tend to recruit quietly, or so it seems. I can’t imagine that they’d be so overt about this. I mean, has Kate said she’s leaving? 

This company seems to be an employment/recruitment agency.  I'm pretty sure casting for Below Deck would go through the production company.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I find it very hard to believe that they are replacing Kate. I think it is a fake ad.

They might just want to hire another “Chief Stew” like Laura to work for Kate. Another CV (resume) padder. 

• Love 3
On 1/18/2019 at 1:32 AM, biakbiak said:

Captain Lee and Captain Sandy are both going to be on next week’s Top Chef which takes place on a houseboat in Lake Cumberland.

I watched the episode.  Captain Lee was very much himself, which was a good thing.  Captain Sandy was pretty much a non-entity.  She didn't contribute muchl

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Captain Sandy was pretty much a non-entity.  She didn't contribute muchl

yeah, they seem to have edited out 99% of her screen time. I guess she was really boring!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

I watched the episode.  Captain Lee was very much himself, which was a good thing.  Captain Sandy was pretty much a non-entity.  She didn't contribute muchl

That's because BDM sucks.     I tried watching but it was so bad that I had to change the channel.   It just wasn't worth my time.

• Love 4

Caroline is on the Juicy Scoop podcast today. According to the podcast host next season will be leaving from Thailand.

I haven’t listened to very much so far but Caroline says that Kate is a narcissist who loved her at first. She says she was scrambling to get back in Kate’s favour because Kate suddenly didn’t value her anymore but now Caroline says that Kate’s behaviour was the typical narcissist abuse pattern of love bombing, devaluing, and discarding. Caroline said she decided to walk away before she went crazy from it.

Before she went crazy? There’s a lot more, I’ve just begun listening. Caroline’s interview starts approximately 27 minutes into the podcast.

Edited by FannyPackOfLies
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm continually amazed at the people who know so much about the various and sundry personality disorders.  🙄 

And throws them about freely at any given opportunity; using acronyms, no less.  It disturbs me.

Edited by walnutqueen
armchair psychos
  • Love 7

Hmm, Kate stopped praising and valuing her work when she stopped being able to do her job and Kate and Josiah had to do a lot more work so of course this means that Kate must have a disorder not that Caroline wasn’t pulling her weight!

• Love 8
20 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm continually amazed at the people who know so much about the various and sundry personality disorders.  🙄 

Well, in this case, Caroline has a psych degree, so in theory she should actually know this shit.  However, since she's a fucking loon with bad judgement...

• Love 5

Re the Spoilers - Wow, interesting.  Heard that Laura and Ashton went their separate ways, that Tyler is dating someone else, that Josiah and his s/o go back and forth between the UK and Malaga and that Joao could be back, but no idea whether any of these things are true. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

If you want to be part of it -and have the money- here it is :

image.png.f00b0189ff91b32f215d48395dd08c88.png

(It is legit)

It would be so funny if a bunch of PTV posters got together and chartered the yacht.  I'd kick in a few bucks to help that happen.

• Love 9