Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck in the Media

bref
  • Start Topic

Don’t know who was present other than Captain Lee and because of their friendship I am assuming  Kate  but they filmed in the spring and the show will air in the fall! Legit excited.

• Love 4

I really am not excited about seeing Nico back.  I don't find anything good looking about him and when he was on seasons 4 and 5 he showed what a creep he really is. He cant stand having to answer to anyone in authority over him(except the captain) and finds ways to undermine them -- always behind their back of course, in true Nico fashion.  I like Kate and the Captain, but honestly it's going to be hard to take Nico.  Where's Eddie Whisper Hair? :)

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I really am not excited about seeing Nico back.  I don't find anything good looking about him and when he was on seasons 4 and 5 he showed what a creep he really is. He cant stand having to answer to anyone in authority over him(except the captain) and finds ways to undermine them -- always behind their back of course, in true Nico fashion.  I like Kate and the Captain, but honestly it's going to be hard to take Nico.  Where's Eddie Whisper Hair? :)

Wait Nico’s back? Have they announced the cast? I just found out about Kate and Lee because I follow them on IG.

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Wait Nico’s back? Have they announced the cast? I just found out about Kate and Lee because I follow them on IG.

I'm so sorry!  I was speed reading through the last few pages and on seeing NIco and Kate in that interview (but not listening to it) I assumed he was back next season.  I hope he's not back, in my opinion he brought nothing to the show but  childishness.  Would love to see a more experienced crew who would pull out all the stops and let us see what it would be like to be on one of these luxury yachts!  This past season I felt like with all the petty bickering and fake love triangles that it was turning into something resembling Vanderpump Rules or that ilk.  No thanks!

• Love 3

"Southern Charm" is also morphing into "Vanderpump Rules". Apparently that show is the one Bravo wants them all to end up emulating. UGH. 

I agree, give us a good, mostly competent crew and let the situations arise (more or less) naturally. I don't mind when they bring on crazy guests because that's part of the fun. I'm tired of underlings who can't listen to the bosun, bizarre love triangles, chefs who won't cook what the guests want, and That One Girl who can't seem to get her act together. Although, the scene where that one girl handed Captain Lee a bottle of aspirin when the guests ordered Painkillers was all kinds of awesome.

• Love 8
On 7/29/2018 at 11:52 PM, stcroix said:

I agree about Nico. I think Eddie was so ashamed about how he acted on his last season (banging Rocky, lying to everyone and gaslighting her) that he’ll never show his face again. I lost most of the respect I had for him after seeing all that but I’d definitely prefer him to come back before Nico. 

Does anyone know if Captain, Kate and Nico are the only returning ones? They were also the only returning ones last season, weren’t they? 

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Does anyone know if Captain, Kate and Nico are the only returning ones?

The only ones who I have seen confirmed is Captain Lee and Kate but I don’t follow the other cast on IG. 

Etb: a quick glance at Nicos IG doesn’t look like he spent time in the South Pacfic in March.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Just heard Kate on What What Crappens (reviewing the latest BDM) and she said that the season return is October 2nd 'don't quote her' and that this is her favourite season EVAAAAAH. Which could be just Kate drumming up the show, or not. Her preloved clothing store, with all proceeds going to a women's shelter, has become so popular it's moving over the street to larger premises, she also said. I've not been keeping up with her legal woes and they could be way behind her, but I suspect that this charitable venture may just be connected with rehabbing her image?

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I've not been keeping up with her legal woes and they could be way behind her, but I suspect that this charitable venture may just be connected with rehabbing her image?

They are way behind her, the charges were dismissed not long after her arrest. She also was working at the store before she was arrested.

• Love 5
On 8/20/2018 at 5:47 PM, fifty8th said:

Jen is now a chief stew somewhere. I'm all for going after your dream job but what about her kid?

Don't forget, Jen said she wants to teach her daughter to always follow your dreams. Lol. Yeah Jen, follow your dreams and leave your child behind for someone else to raise and teach them the true meaning of love. Obviously Jen doesn't know how to do it. 

• Love 3

Recap of last season

https://www.realitytea.com/2018/10/02/below-deck-season-5-recap-catch-up-on-all-the-drama-with-kate-chastain-captain-lee-nico-scholly-more/

Luckily none of these assholes are going to be back this season. Though I wouldn't mind EJ because he's a very sincere Hallmark Channel goober, Baker because sort a regular person even if she's related to Thomas Ravenel, and Kyle because he's a mess and I love him. I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't managed to shamble his way on to TOWIE, Are You the One, or Ex on the Beach.

• Love 3

Since this is the most general thread I'm using it to post that there's a Season 3 marathon on now. Leon and his endless beef cheeks! Rocky and her mermaid tail over the rail! Fire in the galley! Who can resist?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Since this is the most general thread I'm using it to post that there's a Season 3 marathon on now. Leon and his endless beef cheeks! Rocky and her mermaid tail over the rail! Fire in the galley! Who can resist?

Rocky pathetically flopping around on the beach in her mermaid tail while the guests stare blankly at her always cracks me up.

• Love 9

So, Caroline comes off crazy to me during the show, and this certainly doesn't help things.  Nothing is ever her fault, ever.  Sure, she had an injured foot, but it takes her 30 mins to make 4 drinks and she turns down the help people offer and then whines about how it's too hard to pour shots with a hurty foot!  And now, knowing you have an aggressive dog, you let it off leash in an unfenced yard and complain that you got arrested because you skipped court twice after it attacked another dog?  Oh, wait, not REALLY attacked, just hugged really hard.  

https://people.com/pets/below-deck-caroline-bedol-arrest-warrant-dog-attack/

• Love 4

Just saw Capt Lee and Kate on Pickler and Ben, Kate was her typical self not smiling, resting face etc.  Lee said the highest tip was 30k and the worst tip was on Season 1 where they did not get nothing but pretty much.  They had them play a nautical pictionary and you can imagine Kate.

• Love 2

That makes sense. Only those who are no longer with us could've missed the countless times they showed that upcoming episode. It was right up there with the Master Pierson's blood curdling scream bit.  

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Curious to know what happened given that Joao said they were all handicuffed but Ross was the only one arrested.

According to TMZ, I think, he "resisted arrest." But that would mean he was already being arrested. Maybe he was just particularly bellicose?

• Love 3

No reports of Ross threatening to kill a Law Enforcement Officer yet. I don't think that helped the LuAnne situation. BUT. I doubt Ross is a US citizen. He's from New Zealand, although I think he said the mother of his child lives in the States with their child. This could be pretty ugly for him if he is denied entry in future. How likely is that? And why, for the love of all that's holy, was it not Joao? Ross has never come off as an ugly drunk. Whereas Joao... remember 'Jezebob'? He certainly does get nasty. Maybe Jezebob reared its head and it got heated between him and Ross? Because the cops came initially because they were 'horseplaying' (code in boy's world for fighting, but now we're busted it's totally all in good fun) and Joao and Ross get handcuffed and taken to the pokey (I think they both did) yet Ross gets some major charges? Joao is such a little bitch. 

• Love 1

I am a bit curious. Ross is in the same situation as Luann from RHNY was in a year ago. Will people defend Ross more than Luann or will they trash him just as much as they did with Lu? Just wondering because Ross is Golden Boy. Will people excuse him because he is more popular?

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I am a bit curious. Ross is in the same situation as Luann from RHNY was in a year ago. Will people defend Ross more than Luann or will they trash him just as much as they did with Lu? Just wondering because Ross is Golden Boy. Will people excuse him because he is more popular?

I doubt there will be much discussion at all because he is not high profile enough to fuel this story enough for their to be followups.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I doubt there will be much discussion at all because he is not high profile enough to fuel this story enough for their to be followups.

In another example, Shep Rose from Southern Charm was arrested for a similar offense after his show had been on for 2 years. Almost nothing was made of it.

http://okhereisthesituation.com/2016/03/shep-rose-arrested-california-disorderly-conduct-public-intoxication/

• Love 2