Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck in the Media

bref
  • Start Topic

Out of an abundance of caution for her baby, Kate will most likely stop the Botox, lip fillers, and booze.

As my baby gift I am sending a $50 gift certificate for her post delivery facial injection refresh or towards her va jay jay rejunivation procedure.

Mazel to Momma and bambino.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

She was never on BD.

I imagine a great many of us have probably thought that Captain Lee returning to BD was his swan song. He's a fan favorite, and I'm sure the producers saw the value in having him complete the season. 

She may have said what many people thought, but there's a difference between thinking it and saying it, out loud, to someone who you know will let the universe know you said it. Not a classy move at all. 

And, related to nothing, she has an incredibly annoying accent.

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/season-10-below-deck-reunion-203900673.html

No reunion? 

God, Sandy Yawn is a pestilence. Why do I have the feeling that that thirsty bitch is going to move to BD from BDM permanently?

Her comments about Lee…🤬. Age discrimination is truly a thing. 

On 3/2/2023 at 3:59 PM, rur said:

She was never on BD.

I imagine a great many of us have probably thought that Captain Lee returning to BD was his swan song. He's a fan favorite, and I'm sure the producers saw the value in having him complete the season. 

She may have said what many people thought, but there's a difference between thinking it and saying it, out loud, to someone who you know will let the universe know you said it. Not a classy move at all. 

I can look past thick accents, but it’s the way she talks in that screechy voice that makes me grind my teeth. Always found her annoying AF.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 3
On 3/2/2023 at 3:59 PM, rur said:

She was never on BD.

She’s an asshole. I didn’t watch her recent show but I remember her on BDM, she was really stupid with that Jack guy. He used her for the season and then went back to his girlfriend. That voice did get old quick. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

She’s an asshole. I didn’t watch her recent show but I remember her on BDM, she was really stupid with that Jack guy. He used her for the season and then went back to his girlfriend. That voice did get old quick. 

I’m no prude by any means (at least I don’t think I am) but I always found her and Jack’s relationship to be extremely trashy. I would have thrown him overboard if he had sent me a poem like the one he sent her, and talked about me the way he did her. Same with her about him. Seemed almost feral.

He always looked dazed and confused. 

Both of them were beyond grating. She’s on Galley Talk now.

• Like 2

What I found interesting was that LeighAnn said she met with Camille when the filming ended. So, Camille hung around in (what is probably a pretty expensive port) town for a couple weeks just waiting to vacation with Ben? 

The whole bunch of them are nuts. 

• Like 2

Speaking of Ben, Robinson that is, the chef who was on both BD and BDM, you can go on cruises where he's prepared special menus and also do special activities with him.

If you’re looking to experience the culinary magic from hit TV show Below Deck, chef Ben Robinson has an open seat and menu waiting for you. The celebrity chef partnered with Emerald Cruises for two special sailings, in which he will create custom menus and join guests for special activities. 

“As you can imagine I’m a huge fan of yacht cruising, so when I learned about Emerald Cruises’ beautiful, modern yachts, I knew I wanted to cook onboard. It’s a natural fit for me,” Robinson said in a statement shared with Travel + Leisure. 

The first sailing with Robinson as chef will be across the Mediterranean on the award-winning Emerald Azzurra — a 100-guest luxury yacht that debuted in March 2022 and is the cruise line’s first vessel that can go into the ocean. The eight-day cruise — titled “Coastal Gems of Italy and Croatia" — starts at $5,100 per passenger and departs from Venice on October 28, 2023.

The second journey will go to the Caribbean on the Emerald Sakara, under the title “Hidden Charms of the Caribbean” which departs San Juan, Puerto Rico on March 2, 2024. The route will take passengers through some of the top destinations in the Caribbean including the Vieques Islands in Puerto Rico, St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. The eight-day cruise, called “Hidden Charms of the Caribbean," starts at $4,030 per passenger. 

On both trips, Robinson will welcome guests with a special reception and custom cocktails. He is slated to lead on-board cooking demonstrations and interactive Q&As, where he will share his advice from decades of cooking in luxury restaurants and yachts. Robinson will also create custom dinner menus for guests throughout the trip. 

Robinson, who is from Oxford, England, studied his craft in Florence under Italian master chefs. He then gained an apprenticeship in the United Kingdom’s fine dining restaurant The Fat Duck, according to his biography. He went on to be a head chef on yachts for a decade, which led to his feature role on Bravo TV’s hit show Below Deck. Earlier this year, he made a special appearance as a guest chef on Virgin Voyage’s Scarlet Lady.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/below-deck-chef-ben-robinson-emerald-cruises-7370743

I didn't click through the links to see how many guests these cruises would have -- this isn't like BD 1-day charters where maybe 5-10 guests get run of the whole yacht, with the water sports toys and so on, not to mention unlimited expensive booze.

OTOH, these are for 8 days, not 1 or 2 days.  Ben will have some sessions with the guests but guessing he won't cruise for 8 days nor cook.  Instead the dinner menus are all supposedly from him.

Certainly $4000-5000 for 8 days is a much better value than the supposedly 5or 6 figures that guests pay on BD -- which we know is hyped and likely not true.

Not sure what you'd do for 8 days on a boat unless you want to lounge in the sun all that time or have shore excursions.  Then again, cruises are probably not for me.

• Useful 2
On 3/25/2023 at 2:28 PM, bref said:

Anyhoo, here's an update on the thrilling Season 10 Ben-centered triangle. ;) 

I can't help it.  I always think of Chef Ben when the other Season 10 Ben is mentioned.  I 💜 Chef Ben, and Kate said he's really good in bed.

Ha, I hadn't even read that long post about Chef Ben's new venture when I commented.  Weird.

Edited by Oosala
Edited because I only need one Ben.
  • Like 4
On 3/25/2023 at 4:34 PM, aghst said:

Speaking of Ben, Robinson that is, the chef who was on both BD and BDM, you can go on cruises where he's prepared special menus and also do special activities with him.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/below-deck-chef-ben-robinson-emerald-cruises-7370743

I didn't click through the links to see how many guests these cruises would have -- this isn't like BD 1-day charters where maybe 5-10 guests get run of the whole yacht, with the water sports toys and so on, not to mention unlimited expensive booze.

OTOH, these are for 8 days, not 1 or 2 days.  Ben will have some sessions with the guests but guessing he won't cruise for 8 days nor cook.  Instead the dinner menus are all supposedly from him.

Certainly $4000-5000 for 8 days is a much better value than the supposedly 5or 6 figures that guests pay on BD -- which we know is hyped and likely not true.

Not sure what you'd do for 8 days on a boat unless you want to lounge in the sun all that time or have shore excursions.  Then again, cruises are probably not for me.

It says one boat has 100 passengers so this is like a small cruise ship.   There will probably be a staff like in a large restaurant to prepare the meals, but the recipes will be his.  And he'll give cooking demonstrations and glad hand people.  He's "monetizing his brand."

The German guy who is on this season of Top Chef does this but up a notch.  He's the executive chef for a line of large cruise ships that hold thousands of passengers.

Many people like to cruise - it's like being in a fancy resort hotel, but it moves.  You can hangout by the pool, go to the movies, go on shore excursions, etc.  Not for everybody for sure.

• Like 1

Is this the proper place to complain that I hate it when they hold those "Below Deck" marathons (currently: April Fool's)?  I can't get anything done and have to cancel my schedule and/or delete space on my DVR.

Too hilarious to miss; especially the episodes starring Hate Kate.

Edited by Dibs
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2023 at 1:03 PM, Oosala said:

I can't help it.  I always think of Chef Ben when the other Season 10 Ben is mentioned.  I 💜 Chef Ben, and Kate said he's really good in bed.

Wait, when did Kate and Ben sleep together?!  How did I miss that!

Just saw the news…she was right on schedule, too. (At The Traitors reunion she said her due date was around May 9.)

Beautiful baby….can already tell he has loads of personality.

Congrats, Kate! ❤️

• Like 3
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Remember the episode with the family from The Blind Side? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michael-oher-blind-side-touhy-adoption-lie-rcna99823

Don’t care if I ever see it again.

I just remember Lee fawning over them, and the "mom" name dropping "Sandy this" and "Sandy that" to let us all know that she had a relationship with Sandra Bullock. I thought they were annoying at the time, but I thought Lee was even more annoying.

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I just remember Lee fawning over them, and the "mom" name dropping "Sandy this" and "Sandy that" to let us all know that she had a relationship with Sandra Bullock. I thought they were annoying at the time, but I thought Lee was even more annoying.

The woman was overbearing and Chef Matthew served chocolate ice cream with Baked Alaska. 

• LOL 3

Just saw where the Touhys have decided to end Oher’s conservatorship. This particular BD episode needs to be taken out of the rotation permanently. This family sucks, and Bravo should not participate in the exploitation anymore, nor give any more legitimacy to the “white savior” trope.

On 8/24/2023 at 5:24 PM, Teri313 said:

All this is going to come back and bite Bravo, 51 Minds, and whoever else in the ass at some point. I hope sooner rather than later. This has to stop. 

Nobody signs up for this; it’s a subculture out of control. Tired of Bravo basically  being a voyeur to this shit.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

A retired American couple sailed their boat to Grenada from Washington DC or something.

Somehow, some escaped prisoners got on their boat, brutalized them and now the couple are presumed dead, probably thrown overboard.

The prisoners were caught when they sailed to nearby island.

So Grenada looks beautiful but maybe not so safe.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2