Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck in the Media

bref
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

She claims the Tahiti charters started at 180k Euros.  For a couple of days charter?

That's ridiculous.

Then again, maybe all the people shown chartering all come from families with tens of millions in wealth?

I can't even imagine people with a few million blowing over $200k for a couple of days on a yacht and then also having their business displayed on Bravo, which is making millions from the show.

Why would you pay that kind of money, if you're that rich, to be on a TV show and you're not getting compensated?  Sure they sign waivers or contracts to appear on the show but they may get scale?

Then these episodes will be sold over and over, streaming on different services, sold to different networks around the world.  And they won't get a dime off those transactions but they will pay $200k?

If you're going to charter a yacht, might as well do it on one that isn't tied to a TV show.

I understand they're paying for 5-star experience but even the most expensive 5-star hotels and rooms don't have suites that cost $200k for 2 or 3 days, even if you include gourmet fine-dining meals with them.  I can see maybe $10k a night for luxury suites and maybe another $5k a day for meals.  So that is what, $15-20k a day over 3 days?

Just estimating here but try to spend that kind of money for a couple of days at the most luxurious resort in Hawaii, the Caribbean, etc.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, NannyBails said:

It would be so funny if a bunch of PTV posters got together and chartered the yacht.  I'd kick in a few bucks to help that happen.

When the People's Couch boys were charter guests, they were perfectly lovely, but ultimately unremarkable, guests.

http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-4/blogs/how-did-the-peoples-couch-guys-end-up-on-below-deck

This show is amazing when the guests are a little bit weird or awful. Like the guests who insisted that their kids ate what the adults ate. And they did! It's not that they were awful. They were actually very nice. But we're all so used to kids menus and bratty kids, that we're all surprised when they weren't terrible. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

they were perfectly lovely, but ultimately unremarkable, guests.

Yeah like the ginger beer guys on Below Deck Med or a group of older women I forget on which series who were just lovely but the episodes were just everyone being lovely! Even Cynthia from RHOA who’s crew was sort of inappropriate lusting after Emile were all easy going and grateful and pretty boring.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

When the People's Couch boys were charter guests, they were perfectly lovely, but ultimately unremarkable, guests.

http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-4/blogs/how-did-the-peoples-couch-guys-end-up-on-below-deck

This show is amazing when the guests are a little bit weird or awful. Like the guests who insisted that their kids ate what the adults ate. And they did! It's not that they were awful. They were actually very nice. But we're all so used to kids menus and bratty kids, that we're all surprised when they weren't terrible. 

Wow.  I DID totally forget about those guys!  

So I guess our PTV posters could act crazy somehow?  Surely some of our posters are working toward their SAG cards?   If I were younger and hipper and more creative, I'd do it.   However, my current self goes to bed early, gets up early, doesn't get into theme parties, and doesn't really drink.  I'd be a total reality TV snooze. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, NannyBails said:

So I guess our PTV posters could act crazy somehow?  Surely some of our posters are working toward their SAG cards?   If I were younger and hipper and more creative, I'd do it.   However, my current self goes to bed early, gets up early, doesn't get into theme parties, and doesn't really drink.  I'd be a total reality TV snooze. 

I'm an Irish-German redhead, and I eat b*tchiness for breakfast.  I'll drive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, bref said:

I would dearly love to know the story behind this: https://starcasm.net/below-deck-ross-inia-charges-dropped-drunken-arrest/

He allegedly punched a cop and threatened his family and the charges were dropped? Somewhere Luann is steaming...

MAYBE the new girlfriend paid his way out of it (would explain why he is with her) though it is more likely Bravo got him out of it somehow, in the end it is money or power/who you know.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, fifty8th said:

MAYBE the new girlfriend paid his way out of it (would explain why he is with her) though it is more likely Bravo got him out of it somehow, in the end it is money or power/who you know.

Ross is no one to Bravo they don’t give a shit. It’s much more likely that the cops overcharged and had nothing to back it up. Something was fishy about three people being handcuffed and only the brown one getting charged.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It would appear that by the sheer number of redheads in this forum, we can take over the world!

The Power Of The Ginja!

redhead meme.jpg

Love it. I have this same pix that i have used on Facebook. 

We are strong and crazy, or as my husband used to say, you're never boring. 

• Love 4
On February 1, 2019 at 5:17 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm an Irish-German redhead, and I eat b*tchiness for breakfast.  I'll drive.

On February 1, 2019 at 6:22 PM, jmcd44 said:

I’m an Irish redhead. I’ll be your co-pilot. 

On February 2, 2019 at 12:18 AM, badhaggis said:

I'm an Irish redhead I will be you designated drinker!

On February 2, 2019 at 12:37 AM, Reality police said:

I'm an Scotch-Irish redhead and I'll be in charge of epic rants on random subjects. 

On February 3, 2019 at 12:15 PM, Red Bridey said:

Irish redhead here.  I'm on the designated drinking team, and can also do a good rant when required.  I do not suffer fools gladly!  (Please let's have lots of sunblock available.  I don't do tans or sunburns!)

Unfortunately, my red hair comes from a bottle to cover the gray.

Does that mean I can't go with you?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Unfortunately, my red hair comes from a bottle to cover the gray.

Does that mean I can't go with you?

I'm getting close to the bottle myself. Of course you can come with. It's all about the attitude. 

1dbd85982c6026f66a807e0b0781559f.jpg

On 2/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, Red Bridey said:

Irish redhead here.  I'm on the designated drinking team, and can also do a good rant when required.  I do not suffer fools gladly!  (Please let's have lots of sunblock available.  I don't do tans or sunburns!)

We will need a case of sunblock for all of us!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Technically, mine now does as well, even though the true Ginja soul never wavers.  Of course you're welcome to join!

23 hours ago, Reality police said:

I'm getting close to the bottle myself. Of course you can come with. It's all about the attitude. 

1dbd85982c6026f66a807e0b0781559f.jpg

We will need a case of sunblock for all of us!

Alrighty then.  Thank you.   It's party time!

You both know me well enough to believe I don't have a shortage of attitude.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
On 2/2/2019 at 3:28 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

It would appear that by the sheer number of redheads in this forum, we can take over the world!

The Power Of The Ginja!

redhead meme.jpg

Cartman?  Is that you?

South Park-Ginger Kids.  If you haven't seen it, you will want too.

On 2/1/2019 at 5:18 AM, NannyBails said:

I'm not a redhead.

I just need some tequila.......

And a lot of forgiveness the next morning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Here's a little info on the Ross/Krystal Kelly Murphy hookup:

https://people.com/tv/below-decks-ross-inia-surprise-hookup/

I noticed tonight on the reunion, Ross claimed that he just has sex with that beast of a bitch. When Andy asked if they were friends with benefits he said, not friends, just benefits. I think sooooooo much less of Ross now, knowing he hooks up with a married woman who is a total piece of shit as a human being.

• Love 3

I just read about the new Below Deck sailing yacht series, with even more cramped crew quarters.  I am eager for it to air, although we could be waiting a year.

After the rope accident, I learned so much from the posters here who shared their boating knowledge.  I started getting a lot of books on boating from the library, and found one theme that I love and have read at least 20 books on the topic.  They are all written by couples and/or individuals who sold everything they owned and went to live on a sailboat.  Some were quite impressive, by men who sailed around the world solo.  Their stories are outstanding, and have really left me without a complaint in life.  When I use the powder room, shower, kitchen... I am so thankful to have these things available whenever I want. 

Anyway, I have read all of these books but have never seen a sailboat.  So I can't wait for a program where we get to see how it is operated.  And I know I can come here with my silly boating questions.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

I just read about the new Below Deck sailing yacht series, with even more cramped crew quarters.  I am eager for it to air, although we could be waiting a year.

After the rope accident, I learned so much from the posters here who shared their boating knowledge.  I started getting a lot of books on boating from the library, and found one theme that I love and have read at least 20 books on the topic.  They are all written by couples and/or individuals who sold everything they owned and went to live on a sailboat.  Some were quite impressive, by men who sailed around the world solo.  Their stories are outstanding, and have really left me without a complaint in life.  When I use the powder room, shower, kitchen... I am so thankful to have these things available whenever I want. 

Anyway, I have read all of these books but have never seen a sailboat.  So I can't wait for a program where we get to see how it is operated.  And I know I can come here with my silly boating questions.

My mom got this super strange job in the late 60s where they took problematic kids of the super rich and taught them in nontraditional environments. I think she was the civics teacher. With one group of kids, they were going to be on a sailboat for a year. The kids were all teens, but they were expected to crew the ship with the teachers who were also expected to crew. My mom didn't know anything about ships sailing or otherwise. She went with the advance team to Norway, where the ship would be berthed. She was there for maybe 4 months learning how to sail. She was this Nigerian woman learning how to sail in Norway in the late 60s. They sailed on a three masted schooner for a year.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

My mom got this super strange job in the late 60s where they took problematic kids of the super rich and taught them in nontraditional environments. I think she was the civics teacher. With one group of kids, they were going to be on a sailboat for a year. The kids were all teens, but they were expected to crew the ship with the teachers who were also expected to crew. My mom didn't know anything about ships sailing or otherwise. She went with the advance team to Norway, where the ship would be berthed. She was there for maybe 4 months learning how to sail. She was this Nigerian woman learning how to sail in Norway in the late 60s. They sailed on a three masted schooner for a year.

That is incredible, and I would love for her to put pen to paper so I could read her story!  She sounds like an incredible woman with resourcefulness and fortitude.

Lol @ bratty super rich kids being placed as workers on a boat without the conveniences of a laundry room, groceries and kitchen, private bedroom, etc.  Hopefully that experience made them grow up and they valued the education provided by your mother.  Gosh, I would love to hear more about her.  My parents were immigrants as well, and just a regular day in their lives is harder than I have ever worked in my life.  And of course if I ever needed anything, I knew I could call Mom & Dad, something they never had.

• Love 3
On 3/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, HunterHunted said:

There was a novel (White Squall) about this that was later turned into a movie starring Scott Wolf and Jeff Bridges. It was based on a true story of a boat named the Albatross that went down in 1961.  It was really interesting. 

• Love 3
On 9/5/2019 at 7:01 PM, biakbiak said:

Kyle’s girlfriend who the poster was asking about.

Ahem, Kyle's fiancee who he promptly cheated on while she was recuperating from her gender confirmation surgery. He cheated on Ashley with Bin Shed (his baby mama who he knocked up the first night they met when they had sex next to a dumpster). He met Ashley during a bar fight. Kyle now has 2 kids and he and Ashley broke up.

I love Kyle because he's a big ole mess. I kind of lament that he's not on Geordie Shore, The Only Way is Essex, or Love Island. He's perfect for shows like that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, diadochokinesis said:

There was a novel (White Squall) about this that was later turned into a movie starring Scott Wolf and Jeff Bridges. It was based on a true story of a boat named the Albatross that went down in 1961.  It was really interesting. 

Never thought people would be talking about Whit Squall, I knew the gentleman (Chuck Gieg) played by Scott Wolf. I lived in Natucket in the late 80s early 90s and he was an IT type guy. I remember him talking about the filming. 

• Love 1