Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck in the Media

bref
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

That screed from Momma Tan Tan is even more amusing if you read it in your head in her little kid "don't get anyone pregnant" voice.

While I'm sure someone helped write this, it sure is interesting how she seems capable of speaking like an adult. Her little "schtick" on the show was so fucking obnoxious, and as this letter shows, a total put-on.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CaliforniaLove said:

While I'm sure someone helped write this, it sure is interesting how she seems capable of speaking like an adult. Her little "schtick" on the show was so fucking obnoxious, and as this letter shows, a total put-on.

I didn’t remember her speaking not like an adult in terms of grammar but just she had an annoying baby voice, the two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I saw the original video when it was posted. And I want to preface this by saying I really try to always believe the victim and none of this should be taken as me saying not to believe her. What I don’t understand is how she can say this happened but then follow it up with another video saying that she knows Ashton and he is still a cool and respectable guy. He fingered her but she’s still cool with him? Meanwhile she was dragging Kate and Captain Lee all over the place last year and made sexual harassment/assault accusations but NEVER brought up what Ashton did?  And she is just writing it off?  She is just so deep into her hate of Kate and Captain Lee that she is willing to just be ok with sexual assault from Ashton. Dude. 

10 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I can understand if she wants to take Captain Lee to task for his actions, but she should first and foremost expect her own son to take responsibility for his actions.  This kind of parenting - where you allow your child to get away with whatever and then blame others - is what causes people like Tanner to continue to be clueless about how their own behavior affects others.

I’m not surprised. This is the woman that ends phone calls with “Don’t get a stripper pregnant!”  Some women just don’t get it. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

What I don’t understand is how she can say this happened but then follow it up with another video saying that she knows Ashton and he is still a cool and respectable guy. He fingered her but she’s still cool with him?

A lot of women make excuses for men who treat them badly, even going back to abusers again and again.   I think Caroline could use some therapy, but that doesn't mean that Ashton didn't do exactly what she says he did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, terrymct said:

A lot of women make excuses for men who treat them badly, even going back to abusers again and again.   I think Caroline could use some therapy, but that doesn't mean that Ashton didn't do exactly what she says he did.

I'm with you on this one ! I quite didn't believe anything she said, but I was believing her on that one !

• Love 1
11 hours ago, terrymct said:

Am I misremembering but didn’t Caroline come out at some point and say she had some mental illness?  For some reason bipolar is sticking out in my head. 

The point I just keep sticking on is how she vilified Kate and Captain Lee (even making sexual assault/harassment allegations against them) but Ashton gets a pass. It just shows how deep her pathology goes, IMO.  She is one I feel like should have been screened out and never allowed on television because she has some serious issues. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 1/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, Jobiska said:

Captain Lee may or may not be a great manager of a team, but for Tanner's mom to call him a "so-called family man" after he lost a child is just awful.  

And was she expecting him to parent her child? She's the one who raised a drunken, womanizing lug who allowed the deck crew to turn her into a bit of a joke. What a silly woman.  And if she'd ever bothered to watch the show she would have heard Captain Lee say 100 times that he doesn't babysit.                             

• Love 17
On 1/21/2020 at 12:44 PM, Fostersmom said:

Let's ask Ashton and Tanner how their mother's feel about their attitudes about and towards women. Ever single Ashton question should mention his mother, just to see the reaction. 

A caller did bring up Ashton’s mom on WWHL in this context. He didn’t completely go off on the caller, but his face was ragey. He held himself together (partly because he was sober, I’m sure), but I don’t know that he would be able to throughout a whole reunion. I’d fear for the safety of the rest of the people in the room. Bru has some real Mommy issues.

• Love 5
On 1/20/2020 at 6:13 PM, biakbiak said:

Apparently there will be a reunion and Andy is asking for questions. I shall ask “Ashton why are you a vile piece of shit!”

Good question, lol. I have so many questions that have arisen from my constant feeling of anxiety and anger watching these 'men' talk shit about the women who are working so hard so they ALL get a tip. It's hard to maintain any sort of morale when you are being told you are a crappy worker, you are disliked, etc. Rhylee suffered during her exterior efforts and Kate during her interior efforts. Courtney kept quiet counsel throughout, yet the one time she stepped up to say something she was harassed by her own boyfriend because she wasn't being loyal. Too many questions on my behalf. Lastly, so-called 'girl code' is between good friends, and usually during the teen years when the opposite sex becomes appealing. Grow up, Jasmine.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Cast Spoilers:

Hide contents

Captain Lee is back, Eddie is bosun* and Brooke may be Chief Stew. Kate is definitely not filming.

*I keep saying people say it was confirmed elsewhere but not the original confirmation

Spoiler

Even if it was hinted at, it’s been hinted at many times before, and Kate still came back. This bums me out. As much as I think Eddie was the last competent bosun the show had(his gaslighting if Rocky aside), I’m not tuning for a Kate-less season 😕

Who’s Brooke? Must go Google. 

ETA: Ohhh, BD: Med Brooke, who wasted her time with the Joao douchebaggery. Skip! 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 5
Spoiler

If Kate isn't on this season, she can come back in the future or do some other Bravo show.  Money doesn't go too far in NYC, unless someone is giving her housing rent-free or something.

She's not going to have chances too far into the future to be on TV.  So she may be rich as she bragged but will her money last so long that she won't need to do TV again?

And don't be shocked if Bravo brings Ashton back again somehow, now that there are 3 BD shows.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Cast Spoilers:

Hide contents

Captain Lee is back, Eddie is bosun* and Brooke may be Chief Stew. Kate is definitely not filming.

*I keep saying people say it was confirmed elsewhere but not the original confirmation

Wow.  That is BIG news.   If she were let go, she would have known it by the time the reunion filmed. And she was pretty upbeat.  I wonder if Kate is working on something new with Bravo.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2

I will be seriously sad if Kate isn't in Season 8.  Kate made the show such a hit and she is why I kept watching season after season.  But I can sympathize with her if the mistreatment this last season was just too much and spoiled it for her.  I really hate to think she would go out amid such a negative and hurtful work climate.  She deserves much better from BRAVO.   

Last week Andy complimented Kate on her appearance and made a nots-so-coy reference to her looking very NYC Housewifey.  I hope that was a deliberate decoy to throw off fans.  I honestly can't picture Kate with that estrogen-ego-driven club.  It would be the end of her.  I don't think Kate has been raised/nurtured in that kind of toxic atmosphere...other than interacting with super wealthy charter guests and waiting on their demands...which she's made fun of so many times.  So it's difficult for me to picture her joining that snob mob herself.  

Edited by 1Seattlekitten
Typo
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, 1Seattlekitten said:

I don't think Kate has been raised/nurtured in that kind of toxic atmosphere...other than interacting with super wealthy charter guests and waiting on their demands...which she's made fun of so many times.  So it's difficult for me to picture her joining that snob mob herself.  

She also doesn't have the money to pretend to stunt on that level.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, scrb said:

So what other money-making opportunities could there be for reality TV stars?

Most of them keeping doing reality TV so it doesn't seem like there would be many.

Kate presents herself well on TV (groomed, attractive, etc.) and she is both a good writer and good talker.  She's also been very good at building her "brand" via social media.  I could easily see her doing hosting or perhaps even PR/social media for Bravo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 9:19 AM, Jextella said:

Kate presents herself well on TV (groomed, attractive, etc.) and she is both a good writer and good talker.  She's also been very good at building her "brand" via social media.  I could easily see her doing hosting or perhaps even PR/social media for Bravo.

She could certainly do a much better job at the reunion show than Andy did.

• Love 11
(edited)
Spoiler

I know you've said that.

If you read the comments & look at the timeline on her instagram, it matches the pre-empted filming schedule for Below Deck. 

Edited by snarts
(edited)
Spoiler

There are pictures with Bugsy and Sandy filming out there. As for her IG she could have “latergrammed” but it shows her in The Bahamas not Antigua when they were still filming..

The new chief stew for BD is someone new to the show. 

Edited by biakbiak
On 9/21/2020 at 7:44 PM, TexasGal said:

Agreed on both points!  I love Eddie.  Enough time has passed that I've forgiven the Rocky debacle.

Me too! When ever I see the reruns, I always wonder how did that happen??? Ok, yeah she had a great body... But maybe he didn't see how manic she was.

I had a feeling he would be back when they did that reunion on WWHL, he had said he would come back again. 

Welcome back Eduardo! 😃

• Love 3
On 9/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, AnnieBananie said:

I think the trailer looks great - and I'm excited to see Eddie back again!

I was just thinking about Eddie the other day, wondering if he'd be back again...I thought about heading to Fells Point to see if he was working on any of the tug boats.  

I hope the new chef is one that does not cry, throw spatulas, pots and pans, fits when the provisions are not right or sleep with anyone from the crew, I think we have all had enough galley drama.

• Love 6
On 10/2/2020 at 9:34 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I was just thinking about Eddie the other day, wondering if he'd be back again...I thought about heading to Fells Point to see if he was working on any of the tug boats.  

I hope the new chef is one that does not cry, throw spatulas, pots and pans, fits when the provisions are not right or sleep with anyone from the crew, I think we have all had enough galley drama.

I also was thinking of Eddie recently, and wanting to see him again! And I have nostalgia for early-days Ben and Kate.

• Love 6

I remember when Kate and Leon were fighting and Eddie warned his crewman (the sweet young thing that liked Rocky and she first admitted her Eddie fling to this young guy) not to involve himself in interior issues. Wow! That's a level of leadership we haven't seen much of in any of the three BDs.

Eddie has had plenty of time to grow up from his affair with Rocky, we all make stupid decisions sometimes, he's older and I expect, wiser. 

• Love 3

It never bothered me that Eddie slept with Rocky.

What bothered me was how nasty he was with his original denials and lies.  I thought he was verbally abusive, dismissive and an absolute coward.

• Love 13

I just watched a new show on OWN with Tamron Hall hosting. It's fairly new. Anyway, she did an episode about opioid addiction in America. Captain Lee was one of her guests discussing the death of his son. It was tough to watch. Lee almost broke down in tears several times. He said he was the one who found his son deceased in their home from an overdose. He also mentioned that his wife has cancer and requires opioids for her pain. 

I've always liked Captain Lee even before I knew all of this. Now he just elevated his rank in my world of humanity, emotional strength and kindness. 

ETA: Where can I find a man like Lee? I wouldn't care if he picked up trash for a living. I'm talking about the real things that matter...kind heart, sweet soul, compassion, realistic with morals scruples and integrity. He's one in a million. IMO

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6

On 9/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, Diane Mars said:

Caroline did an AMA on Reddit. She's grown a LOT.  We had a really cool exchange here, if anyone is interested :

On 9/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, Diane Mars said:

Caroline did an AMA on Reddit. She's grown a LOT.  We had a really cool exchange here, if anyone is interested :

Thanks for sharing Diane_Mars! I went down the Rabbit Hole and read all of this.  Caroline definately seems to be in a better place.

It's interesting that Captain Lee's experience is mostly with smaller boats and that he's known as Captain Crunch for his less-than-stellar docking.

I've heard he is a phony before, so it's not big news for me. But, I can't slight him.  I'm sure he's making bank with his role on Bravo and I'd milk it for as long as I could too. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3

I found it interesting that both Kate and Lee aren't well respected in the industry.  More so Lee than Kate.

But I still find Caroline very bitter after all this time, so she didn't come across all that different, ie., 'healed' or 'more mature' to me in the reddit.

• Love 4