Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I've heard of Skinny Cow but not Skinny Bitch.   Is that real or a joke?

There are quite a few HWs who have come out with wine or liquor and just about a bazillion celebrities with skincare lines so I don't consider either one to be "Ramona's bandwagon." 

Skinny Bitch is a series of diet books/plans.

I believe that Ramona was the first Housewife to sell wine outside of Vanderpump. I'm not counting Vanderpump as RHOBH didn't premiere until after Ramona Pinot was available.

My problem with her is that she's a hypocrite when it comes to things like this. She'll jump down the throat of anyone that she perceives as riding on her coattails and offer her unsolicited opinion on what everyone else is doing while rabidly defending her own scatter-shot branding.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Skinny Bitch is a series of diet books/plans.

I believe that Ramona was the first Housewife to sell wine outside of Vanderpump. I'm not counting Vanderpump as RHOBH didn't premiere until after Ramona Pinot was available.

My problem with her is that she's a hypocrite when it comes to things like this. She'll jump down the throat of anyone that she perceives as riding on her coattails and offer her unsolicited opinion on what everyone else is doing while rabidly defending her own scatter-shot branding.

I suppose that it's perfectly okay that she came out with Skinnygirl popcorn a few years after Skinnypop Popcorn was founded. 

She is such a damned hippocrite. Sonja should have said fuck you to Bethenny and carried on with her TipsyGirl.

TipsyGirl sounds like a much more fun girl than SkinnyGirl. 

Bethenny thinks she owns the words "Skinny" and "Girl"  just like the Kardashians think that they own the letter "K".

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Sonja should have said fuck you to Bethenny and carried on with her TipsyGirl.

The dude behind TipsyGirl was a scammer so probably for the best.

• Love 6

I don't know how to embed or link to photos but I actually have something nice to say. Bethenny looked really lovely in the high waisted, retro style bikini she wore for the 4th of July. She looks great in things like that opposed to the how much skin can I show stuff. 

Skinnygirl Beauty. Ugh. I'm still saddened the scrub was discontinued. I didn't try all of the products because I don't want to smell like a margarita. But the facial scrub, body scrub were amazing. I have dry skin so for the scrub to be packed in an oil base did wonders for me. The plumping gloss was good too, very emollient as more expensive glosses for a budget price. 

Wow, I said two nice things. I need a cookie now. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 7/7/2019 at 11:27 PM, LemonSoda said:

Skinnygirl Beauty. Ugh. I'm still saddened the scrub was discontinued. I didn't try all of the products because I don't want to smell like a margarita. But the facial scrub, body scrub were amazing.

Ok, I knew there were items in that line that people really liked.  I know from her posts that this line has shampoo so maybe the scrub will come back as well.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 4:43 PM, weaver said:

Any documentation that it was rented this year?  So she covers her mortgage payment, taxes , maintenance, etc. with a month's rental.   I don't believe it.  Ramona can, cuz she's owned her house for years and its probably paid for, so all she has is taxes and maintenance.  

I believe it...my parents live in that area and their neighbors literally movee out for one month each summer and rent their home & not only does it cover their yearly costs of thehime but they also make a profit. Hampton area rentals are big big money. 

Edited by Real Housewife LI
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Ok, I knew there were items in that line that people really liked.  I know from her posts that this line has shampoo so maybe the scrub will come back as well.

Both the body and face scrub were amazing! I'm sorry I didn't try more of the line while it was out. The packaging wasn't very luxe so I didn't expect much. But the scrubs felt luxe and were better than many I've tried at much higher price points.

As someone above said, What's Skinny about it? I get that SkinnyGirl is her branding but I do wonder if some of her other product lines would've been more successful if they had a different name. Skinnygirl Ham? Ugh. SkinnyGirl wrinkle cream? She could've created sister lines. It has worked great for others. Be Beauty, a SkinnyGirl company or something like that. 

37 minutes ago, Real Housewife LI said:

I believe it...my parents live in that area and their neighbors literally movee out for one month each summer and rent their home & not only does it cover their yearly costs of thehime but they also make a profit. Hampton area rentals are big big money. 

I see it every Summer too! My neighbors move out every Summer, return in September. Another neighbor has been renting her home out to an actress every Summer for the past ten years. She using this years profits to renovate her kitchen.

You can make your yearly expenses plus a nice profit in only a month. Some even less time if your house is nice, in a good area or oceanfront. I know someone who made $75,000 for a three day rental, Memorial Day weekend. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Edited to add a quote
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

WTF?

She's trashed Bobbly Frankel for over a decade, but now she's praising his storied status? This man  - this supposed lowlife bastard,  this rotten father   - is now someone in whose reflected glory she wants to bask?  Hunh.  I guess when one of the brutal wolves in your family is a legend,  the much-proclaimed scar he left behind is easily healed with social media clicks.  

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, film noire said:

WTF?

She's trashed Bobbly Frankel for over a decade, but now she's praising his storied status? This man  - this supposed lowlife bastard,  this rotten father   - is now someone in whose reflected glory she wants to bask?  Hunh.  I guess when one of the brutal wolves in your family is a legend,  the much-proclaimed scar he left behind is easily healed with social media clicks.  

My thoughts exactly.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, film noire said:

WTF?

I noticed that when she posted that, there were very similar comments to the ones above. They quickly disappeared. Someone must be working around the clock just cleaning up Beth's social media reader's comments. Maybe one of Sonja's former interns.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, film noire said:

WTF?

I posted without comment for two reasons; 1) My vocabulary isn't nearly adequate, and 2) ^what you said^.

• Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Poor little match girl in the winners circle standing next to Gov. Patacki who whines about how she started from scratch. She had money, every connection, even globally, education, no boundaries in her upbringing, privilege.

And here she is in that winner's circle (surrounded by not a single symbol of wealth, privilege or opportunity :)

I think she's a narc with no conscience or decency, but I have to give her this: she's run a truly brilliant long con. 

frankel belmont.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, film noire said:

And here she is in the winner's circle (surrounded by not a single symbol of wealth, privilege or opportunity 🙂

I think she's a narc with no conscience or decency, but I have to give her this: she's run a truly brilliant long con. 

frankel belmont.jpg

But she never had a birthday party 😩

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

It all depends on when you bought, how much you paid, and the current Hamptons market.  As I said, Ramona will have no trouble covering her annual expenses with an August rental because she probably has a low mortgage payment, if she has any at all.  Bethenny bought high.   Market has changed out there because of the tax law changing deductibility of mortgages.   Sales prices have dropped drastically and I imagine rental prices change accordingly.  If she's making a nice profit through rental, don't think she would have slashed the sales price by $250K.   

https://www.trulia.com/p/ny/sag-harbor/2623-montauk-hwy-sag-harbor-ny-11963--2185965438

Edited by weaver
  • Love 6
(edited)

Houses are sitting on the market now out in the Hamptons.  Everyone has had to slash their selling price..    It's probably a good time to buy if the price is right and you are in it for the long haul.  Its true in Manhattan as well.

She lowered her price on the Soho condo AGAIN as well.  Lucky her that the Beam check comes in.

https://streeteasy.com/building/22-mercer-street-new_york/2d

Edited by weaver
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, weaver said:

Houses are sitting on the market now out in the Hamptons.  Everyone has had to slash their selling price..    It's probably a good time to buy if the price is right and you are in it for the long haul.  Its true in Manhattan as well.

She lowered her price on the Soho condo AGAIN as well.  Lucky her that the Beam check comes in.

https://streeteasy.com/building/22-mercer-street-new_york/2d

Noticed that there's an open house this week

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, divsc said:

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/12/bethenny-frankel-posts-sweet-selfie-with-boyfriend-paul-bernon/?_ga=2.106976129.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

I don't know - something about this just feels so contrived to me. Granted, I don't put any of my personal life on social media, so maybe it's just me. B just seems to be flaunting this one a bit. But maybe she's truly happy, what do I know. 

it's like she doesn't watch her own show. Girl, you were flying up to Boston to see his guy long before Christmas. In the article, that's when she implies she first went out with him.

Honey, just admit it. Either you were cheating on your "fiancee" with this guy or you started dating him soon after Dennis died and weren't nearly as wrecked by his death as you claimed. Christ. The lengths she goes to for attention. Now she's trying to legitimize the relationship in the press after spending 3 months crying about her dead fiancee.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Noticed that there's an open house this week

An open house during prime summer rental season probably is an indication that she’s having issues renting it out.

Its also worth noting that the house was supposed to be a flip and she initially wanted to partner with Frederick but he didn’t want to do it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11

It's kind of a lot of square footage (2400 sq ft) to not have a small office/library/den or guest bedroom. It's a tough space to live in when it doesn't have even one small space that could transition for whatever a tenant or new owner needs it to be. 

• Love 3
On 7/11/2019 at 5:20 AM, film noire said:

WTF?

I have a father that I both revile and want to love. If there was one thing I could be proud of him about I would shout it out. I don't talk to him. I hope I have the strength to never talk to him again, because it never ever ends well. Being abused, and abandoned by a parent is a complicated scar. 

She is awful in many ways but the pounding she gets about her feelings and relationship with her father is distressing, baffling. I mean the sympathy Brynn gets for having been birthed by Bethenny, who yes can be exploitive, but has not been found to be abusive seems to be just another reason to pound B. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's kind of a lot of square footage (2400 sq ft) to not have a small office/library/den or guest bedroom. It's a tough space to live in when it doesn't have even one small space that could transition for whatever a tenant or new owner needs it to be. 

You're right!  That is a large space for a 2/2.  Is it me, or is that botanical wallpaper in the bathroom an odd choice to pair with marble wainscoting?  Seems like a clash of aesthetics to me, but I've never had a real estate show, nor have I been hired to design a space.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Photo number six. Windows in top right side of wall. Feels like you’re in the basement.

The layout always struck me as odd.  Its narrow and front to back.  It's kind of a long walk to go front to back, just to get to the bedroom.  Also, it means light is very poor.  Front is right on the street facing east on the second floor.  The side rooms have little or no light, as evidenced by those two high windows that must face the building next to them with a very narrow separation.    For that kind of money you can do way better, especially now.  

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I have a father that I both revile and want to love. If there was one thing I could be proud of him about I would shout it out. I don't talk to him. I hope I have the strength to never talk to him again, because it never ever ends well. Being abused, and abandoned by a parent is a complicated scar. 

She is awful in many ways but the pounding she gets about her feelings and relationship with her father is distressing, baffling. I mean the sympathy Brynn gets for having been birthed by Bethenny, who yes can be exploitive, but has not been found to be abusive seems to be just another reason to pound B. 

For me, I pound her because she told the world she didn't have parents Jill thought she was an orphan for a long time (she did, at the time have parents and grew up with their assistance) and makes it sound like she had NO financial help from them (she did) and did it from scratch. 

Her dad had a world of connections to the richest people on the planet. Literally. Check his his client list. She had an exclusive private school education, and I don't hear her bitching about student loans, and access to a lot of privilege that helped to get her to where she is today. Thanks to her parents. That is what irks me. 

I am sorry about your Dad, I feel that trust me. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 18
(edited)

A lot of the square footage is hallway.

It looks like the second bedroom only gets natural light through a frosted window connected to the atrium. 

This reminds me of a converted railroad apartment.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2

Re: Bethenny’s Soho Property

I  got worried about how close the kitchen island barstools are to the stairs that lead to the sunken living room.  I could easily picture someone (especially if they have imbibed) falling backwards onto them. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Beth posted another insta pic of her and Bryn from behind, in the ocean. We get it, you’re spending time together, her face must not be shown. We don’t need to see the child’s rear. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, chewycandy said:

Beth posted another insta pic of her and Bryn from behind, in the ocean. We get it, you’re spending time together, her face must not be shown. We don’t need to see the child’s rear. 

Brynn wants to be on insta.  Brynn directs Bethenny all the time.  Show them this, let me say it, etc.  So if no face the majority of the shots will be from behind.  I have no problem with it and eventually she’ll be old enough to insist on this nonsense stopping.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Brynn wants to be on insta.  Brynn directs Bethenny all the time.  Show them this, let me say it, etc. 

Bethenny needs to be the parent here. Parents don't continue to post butt shots of their children just because the  child wants attention from strangers. It's embarrassing for the child. If Jason doesn't want her face splattered all over Social Media it's his perogative. It's a very reasonable ask.

Who is the unfortunate assistant that has to take all these pics anyhow? What a job.

• Love 23
(edited)

I also don’t understand why in many of Frankel’s Instagram posts, she’s holding her cell phone, as if she’s taking selfies/recording herself, but the actual recording posted is by someone else holding a camera.  

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I also don’t understand why in many of Frankel’s Instagram posts, she’s holding her cell phone, as if she’s taking selfies/recording herself, but the actual recording posted is someone else holding a camera.  

It’s hard to be both the director and cameraman at the same time. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2019 at 6:19 PM, QuinnM said:

Brynn wants to be on insta.  Brynn directs Bethenny all the time.  Show them this, let me say it, etc.  So if no face the majority of the shots will be from behind.  I have no problem with it and eventually she’ll be old enough to insist on this nonsense stopping.

Bryn has been full face, full body on Instagram stories many, many times.  In fact, its getting to be the norm.  It seems to be open defiance of the court order and a big FU to Jason, unless the rules have changed.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, weaver said:

Bryn has been full face, full body on Instagram stories many, many times.  In fact, its getting to be the norm.  It seems to be open defiance of the court order and a big FU to Jason, unless the rules have changed.  

You know I wonder if that is a court order.  I have only seen glimpses full face in all these years.  But wouldn’t that have come out in the current customary case as something that Bethenny is doing against the custody agreement?  Hoppy was held to task for the items he did in violation.

Bethenny has said when asked why they don’t see Bryn that she’ll be on when she, Bryn, wants.  And the older Bryn gets the more she is present in insta stories.  Yesterday she did a taste testing of different pastas.  

But I’m really used to the majority of accounts that have kids all over the place on a daily basis.  There are very large influencer accounts that are exclusively children.  So you do become immune to the concept.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

You know I wonder if that is a court order.  I have only seen glimpses full face in all these years.  But wouldn’t that have come out in the current customary case as something that Bethenny is doing against the custody agreement?  Hoppy was held to task for the items he did in violation.

I don't think anyone who wasn't present is totally "in the know" about what went on in that courtroom. It is entirely possible that it did come up.

• Love 4
(edited)

She started the full face, full body fairly recently.  Before that it was everything but face.  She's monetizing the kid.  

My guess is that because Bethenny lives her life on social media, Bryn sees her and has been begging to be in the stories, and making Jason's life miserable, so he's given up on the issue.     

Edited by weaver
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, weaver said:

She started the full face, full body fairly recently.  Before that it was everything but face.  She's monetizing the kid.  

My guess is that because Bethenny lives her life on social media, Bryn sees her and has been begging to be in the stories, and making Jason's life miserable, so he's given up on the issue.     

She did do the full face for a short time, then switched back to not showing Bryn's face. She must have been warned to stop it. Not smart considering she was in the midst of a custody trial.

Bethenny does like to push buttons and get her subtle digs in at Jason through social media. I'm sure she was just poking at him showing Bryn's face on her instagram to provoke and get a reaction during the custody trial to make her case stronger. I hope he was savvy enough to recognize this and respond appropriately. He needs to be a good parent and ensure that the guidelines around Bryn are kept in place without over reacting.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I'm sure she was just poking at him showing Bryn's face on her instagram to provoke and get a reaction during the custody trial to make her case stronger. 

I agree - she's been trying to provoke him into responding badly - and you're right,  it did come up in court: 

"The “RHONY” star and Hoppy have clauses in their custody and financial agreements that say they won’t publicly disparage the other or promote Bryn on social media — both of which Hoppy claims Frankel does."

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/05/psychologist-says-who-the-hell-knows-if-fame-is-bad-for-bethennys-daughter/

3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

https://jelliesapp.com/blog/5-reasons-not-to-post-about-your-child-on-social-media

I was saddened to read about the reason referencing inappropriate comments. 

It's pretty horrifying - from your link: 

"...a Nashville mother tried to track down the identity of a stranger who had shared a photo of her daughter. She followed the photo to a page belonging to a man in China. On that page she discovered her photo, along with a lot of other photos of little girls.  This isn’t as uncommon as you might think.  According to an Australian Children’s eSafety Commissioner, one site offered at least 45 million images, half of which were photos of children taken from social media accounts. The photos were of everyday family activities, but were accompanied by inappropriate comments."

Never mind the increased risk of kidnapping (actual & digital) they discuss in the article, the idea that there are websites with 22 million social media photos of children - those images being sexualized by online comments   - is reason enough to not break the custody agreement about Bryn on social media, imo.  

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Lawd Hammercy, those bewbs. 😖

Probably just me, but I'm betting we'll soon see a promo for SG Totes or some such thing.  Placement just a little too deliberate.

How about say no to showing too much of your sagging implants?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

B's insta stories today are her with total train wreck non-brushed hair and no makeup, because she's suddenly so above using fake lashes and wearing makeup. Except - if you look at every other picture on her instagram, she's completely done up. She's so full of it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6