Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2019 at 2:58 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

If it hits her as hard as Dennis' death, homey will be aight.

This seems a fair statement. I think that she will initially fall hard, but recover in a minute.  She does tend to move on quickly after a relationship ends. Her place of "Yes" has many meanings.

Regarding her first marriage:

"I felt like if I didn’t marry Peter, who loved me so much and was such a good friend, who had such a wonderful welcoming family, that I was never going to get another chance. Peter used to tell me that nobody would ever love me as much as he did, and I believed him. And that terrified me. I wanted stability and upward mobility, and I saw a chance for that with Peter. So I quit acting, took a regular job, and married him."

Bethenny goes on to say that after she left Peter she immediately began a relationship with his good friend Larry (who was an usher at their wedding.) The relationship was scandalous in their circle, and extremely passionate, but it was volatile and ultimately didn’t work either.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This seems a fair statement. I think that she will initially fall hard, but recover in a minute.  She does tend to move on quickly after a relationship ends. Her place of "Yes" has many meanings.

"I felt like if I didn’t marry Peter, who loved me so much and was such a good friend, who had such a wonderful welcoming family, that I was never going to get another chance. Peter used to tell me that nobody would ever love me as much as he did, and I believed him. And that terrified me. I wanted stability and upward mobility, and I saw a chance for that with Peter. So I quit acting, took a regular job, and married him."

Bethenny goes on to say that after she left Peter she immediately began a relationship with his good friend Larry (who was an usher at their wedding.) The relationship was scandalous in their circle, and extremely passionate, but it was volatile and ultimately didn’t work either.

Every guy just loves her so much. Poor dear. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
On 8/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, Happy Camper said:

"I felt like if I didn’t marry Peter, who loved me so much and was such a good friend, who had such a wonderful welcoming family, that I was never going to get another chance. Peter used to tell me that nobody would ever love me as much as he did, and I believed him. And that terrified me.       

I wanted stability and upward mobility, and I saw a chance for that with Peter. So I quit acting, took a regular job, and married him."

Also, isn’t my bolded an unusual reaction? Unless he’s holding a knife to her throat, or talking in a Venom voice, wouldn’t most people think, joyfully, “I am so in love with this man!! I am the luckiest person alive to have met this person who loves me so much!”

But this terrified her? That’s almost the way a child would process it. 

NO one will EVER love me as much as Peter does. He said so.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

From old news:

Bethenny Frankel may be a first time mom, but she's not a first time bride.

The "Real Housewives of New York" star, who wed Jason Hoppy earlier this year, reveals to Life & Style that her recent walk down the aisle wasn't her first. 

Frankel's first experience with marriage was in 1996, when she wed her former best friend, Peter Sussman.

"We were best friends for five years, and he always wanted to be more," the natural-foods chef tells the mag.

Frankel, 39, says she eventually gave in to Sussman's unrelenting advances and dated him for two years before they tied the knot in front of more than 150 friends and family members at the posh Four Seasons in Los Angeles. Though she felt secure in the marriage, Frankel admits there was a lack of passion in their relationship.

"I felt like, 'This is really it? This is the person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with?'" she says. "You can't go to bed with a piece of 8-by-10 paper." (WtF. Why did she marry him?)

She adds, "I loved him because of how much he loved me. I got married too young. I didn't wait for the great love of my life." ( Um he doesn't exist.)

Now, over a decade later, Frankel has learned that finding her future husband (Jason Hoppy) was worth the wait.

After a whirlwind romance with Hoppy, the couple became husband and wife in March and welcomed daughter Bryn on May 8. Frankel next stars in her new Bravo reality show, "Bethenny Getting Married?," premiering June 10.

Despite her hidden past, Frankel is content with finally finding her happy ending.

"Until you find it, you're not really sure it's even possible," she says. "You don't know how the story can end."

How many times will she have met the great love of her life? 

Larry/Michael/Dennis /Paul/Next....

How many times will she introduce Bryn to the Great Love/ Daddy of Her Life? 

Larry/Michael/Dennis /Paul/Next....

Bryn is fucked. She wil be Bethenny 2.0 in 10 years.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Frankel, 39, says she eventually gave in to Sussman's unrelenting advances and dated him for two years before they tied the knot in front of more than 150 friends and family members at the posh Four Seasons in Los Angeles. 

Her father, Bobby Frankel, gave her away walking her down the aisle.  Just a few years later she was on TV bragging that she didn’t have parents. 

I love the story in her book Skinydipping where she totaled her dad’s fancy car on a drunk and drug infused high and got pissed off when he replaced that car, for free, with a used American sedan for her. This was years before he walked her down the aisle.

She is such a fucking liar, Camille. Fraud. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, biakbiak said:

He also didn’t have a private plane.

Wasnt' he going to arrange a private plane to bring her back from South America?  Maybe that's where people got the idea he had one (and maybe she implied it).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, Happy Camper said:

She's either lying (exaggerating) about what he said, or she was/is a mass of insecurities.  Note one of her reasons for the marriage was "upward mobility."  That's our girl, materialistic as they come.  Also interesting she was attracted to his family, bet by the end of the marriage she found them cloying and, perhaps, yokels?

She definitely has a pattern.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Wasnt' he going to arrange a private plane to bring her back from South America?  Maybe that's where people got the idea he had one (and maybe she implied it).

I don't think she implied it.  She just told him to get her a plane.  Not his plane.  A plane.

Not directed to you but Beth has always been the great exaggerator.  She rewrites history a lot and it's probably no different with Peter.

• Love 7

Clearly I NEED A HOBBY bc I am really excited for this show to return. Even though I find Ramona infuriating, Sonja delusional and Luann condescending it will be nice to watch everyone like they're no longer in danger of being sent to the cornfield.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I wonder if this means she got custody/is using leaving RHoNY as a late bid for custody? (They're supposedly filing final briefs this week). If she's still producing that Mom Squad show/has sole custody, she can finally get Bryn on TV (and perhaps leave NYC - Mom Squad: Boston!)  It's a smart move,  imo; she was so unhinged and duplicitous this season (engaged*not engaged*dating a new guy while engaged*the guy i was engaged to tried to pull me into the white light*not engaged*just my fallback guy*who's dennis?) getting away from a show she does not produce/completely control is only to her benefit. 

God bless Crazy Eyes:

Bethenny found love in her life, and it’s so fantastic that she’ll be taking the time to grow that relationship away from the cameras and to explore other business opportunities. 

I’m only disappointed that Bethenny did not inform her costars that she’s not coming back to the show. When she left in season 4, we found out through the press she was doing her spinoff, Bethenny Getting Married. She was upset we never congratulated her, but we were upset she never told us!

And that’s how we feel now. There is a commodity among us as a cast*. Love us, hate us, not like us — we are a team. To hear this from the press and not through her is upsetting. I really wish her well, though,” Singer continued. “The show’s a machine and it will continue on. We’re all just a cog in the wheel. No one is irreplaceable."

*Trading on the New York Shlock Exchange.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9

I just saw this. I've got to be honest, I like this crew, but she is a big reason why I still enjoy this particular franchise. It's become astonishingly easy for me to give up a lot of HW shows over the last year. I used to watch all of them and after giving up RHoBH earlier this year, I'm down to just NYC. But, I don't know that I want it without her and I've kind of loved giving up the other cities and getting into Below Deck as a replacement and watching some additional HBO shows. This may be it for me with all of them, but I'll give a it a try for a few eps when it comes back. 

• Love 16

I just saw this too. I’m really disappointed. NYC is my favorite and I like Bethenny the best, she’s funny and I don’t always agree with what she does or says but I’ve always admired her as a business woman and found her interesting. Wonder who will take her place? I’ll watch when it comes back of course but I hope it doesn’t suck like BH and OC have been. I gave up on Atlanta and NJ a long time ago. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

This stuns me because she loves, loves, loves the camera, attention, and drama. So, like someone else said above, perhaps custody of Brynn is what is driving this, because I can’t imagine another reason why she can make herself stay away from the cameras. Although she gets a lot of that from her social media followers.

I’m not a Bethenny fan or hater, I am ambivalent- her one liners are still  amazing, but not as good natured as they used to be, but I’m sick of her me, me, me stuff and her life is worse than anyone else’s in this 1st world country I am blessed to live in.

On the other hand, maybe she is really trying to have a long lasting relationship with a significant other.

We all grow and change over life, many, like me with therapy that isn’t televised. So I hope that is the case for her.

But none of the real housewives shows have that uniqueness and allure that made them amazing escapism TV anymore vs. their inception where everything was organic

• Love 15

Thank Goodness. The dark cloud over RHONY has been dissapated. 

Perhaps she has come to her senses and is realizing that her antics on this show have been humiliating for her daughter. If she is serious about Paul, maybe he has concerns about the reputation of himself and his kids. Maybe his ex wife has given him an ultimatim on behalf of their children. This Bethenny woman could very well  be responsible for his kids being ridiculed by their peers. I mean, just look at her behaviour on this show.  If my ex's new girlfriend was on a reality show and acting like Bethenny, I would be seriously raising hell to protect my kids.

Ramona is also right to feel the way she does about finding out in the press. Obviously Beth does not respect her castmates. Not surprised.

ETA: Whatever BS she spins about the reasons she is leaving the show, I'm not buying it. Could be she's been fired.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 17

“It’s time to move on and focus on my daughter, my philanthropy and my production partnership with Mark Burnett, producing and starring in shows which represent a shift in the conversation for women. 

What does that even mean? "Represent a shift in the conversation for women?" Errrr. What the hell?

And "Starring In"? We all knows how that turns out for Bethenny. She has failed at every show that she has "starred" in. She just can't be happy unless she is the star. I smell another fail for Beth.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Clearly I NEED A HOBBY bc I am really excited for this show to return. Even though I find Ramona infuriating, Sonja delusional and Luann condescending it will be nice to watch everyone like they're no longer in danger of being sent to the cornfield.

Same. The show has focused on her way too much since she came back and it will be nice to watch what they come up with when they aren't constantly jockeying for her approval. I wanted someone to give her a dose of her own medicine, but I'll take this.

48 minutes ago, film noire said:

God bless Crazy Eyes:

Bethenny found love in her life, and it’s so fantastic that she’ll be taking the time to grow that relationship away from the cameras and to explore other business opportunities. 

I’m only disappointed that Bethenny did not inform her costars that she’s not coming back to the show. When she left in season 4, we found out through the press she was doing her spinoff, Bethenny Getting Married. She was upset we never congratulated her, but we were upset she never told us!

And that’s how we feel now. There is a commodity among us as a cast*. Love us, hate us, not like us — we are a team. To hear this from the press and not through her is upsetting. I really wish her well, though,” Singer continued. “The show’s a machine and it will continue on. We’re all just a cog in the wheel. No one is irreplaceable."

*Trading on the New York Shlock Exchange.

Reading B like a book and misusing her words? Never change, Moaner.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

“It’s time to move on and focus on my daughter, my philanthropy and my production partnership with Mark Burnett, producing and starring in shows which represent a shift in the conversation for women. 

What does that even mean? "Represent a shift in the conversation for women?" Errrr. What the hell?

And "Starring In"? We all knows how that turns out for Bethenny. She has failed at every show that she has "starred" in. She just can't be happy unless she is the star. I smell another fail for Beth.

That's rich since Bethy is the first to cut another woman down and then dance over her inert body.  It would be great if someone saw the sexist, demeaning nature of these shows when it comes to women and friendships, but Bethy is not the one to create empowered anti-Andy programming.  She doesn't seem to have a rich world of female friendships, just a bunch of guys she dates and brings home for Bryn to love.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19

Ah well. I'll genuinely miss her, she was a nice part of the NYC puzzle. And who knows, maybe she'll be back again if her new ventures flounder and the show is still on...

Wishing her good luck in her future endeavors.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

ETA: Whatever BS she spins about the reasons she is leaving the show, I'm not buying it. Could be she's been fired.

Ramona says they were filming or just about to start filming. This makes me think 11th hour salary negotiations broke down. I wonder if she heard about Nene's reportedly $2.85 million salary even after assaulting a producer and being forced to sit out for part of the season.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Same. The show has focused on her way too much since she came back and it will be nice to watch what they come up with when they aren't constantly jockeying for her approval. I wanted someone to give her a dose of her own medicine, but I'll take this.

Reading B like a book and misusing her words? Never change, Moaner.

The jockeying for HBIC is going to be insanely fun to watch. I predict at least one almost physical altercation involving Dorinda. Luann would be the natural choice if she hadn't alienated everyone with her unchecked narcissism, Ramona is too goofy/crazy, though she will try, Tinsley, too spacey, and Sonja too lazy.

I don't hate B by any means, but I'd like to watch something that osnt focused on kissing her ass. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Wonder who will take her place? 

Jill Schwartzberg Shields? ; )

@ShawnaLanne

I predict at least one almost physical altercation involving Dorinda

I call your almost physical altercation and raise you one sloppy slap, Shawna!

dogs poker.jpg

~dorinda's going to be making it not so nice.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

I think it’s cause her new guy. She’s all about him on Instagram. I doubt she would quit for her daughter she never did before but she said last season her guy was a private guy. Which whatever all good no housewife is the main reason for me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The jockeying for HBIC is going to be insanely fun to watch. I predict at least one almost physical altercation involving Dorinda. Luann would be the natural choice if she hadn't alienated everyone with her unchecked narcissism, Ramona is too goofy/crazy, though she will try, Tinsley, too spacey, and Sonja too lazy.

Dorinda vs Luann title match with Ramona trying to be a dark horse could be fun.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Whatever BS she spins about the reasons she is leaving the show, I'm not buying it. Could be she's been fired.

If she had been fired her cast members would know about and it would have been leaked, as it always is with these reality shows. Plus, just because you don't like Bethenny does not mean she does not have a lot of fans - much more than the other RHoNY housewives according to social media followers.  Finally, she and Andy are personal friends.  The fact that he has been silent makes me think this was a sudden Beth decision that even caught him off guard.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I don't hate B by any means, but I'd like to watch something that osnt focused on kissing her ass. 

Dorinda, Luann, Ramona, and Sonja will all fight to exhaustion trying to get the title. Just when it appears that Tinsley will take it for herself, a door will creak open and everyone's expressions will turn to shock and horror as we hear

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii! Surprise!"

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I'm glad.  I loved her in the first seasons; she was super "real."

I hate how it got, that anyone who didn't get along with her was terminated, it was like Mean Girl Hunger games.

is it horrible that I'm waiting for another failed talk show/radio show?  And "add to the conversation"?  doesn't she mean "monopolize the conversation?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 17

Surprised she didn't want to take advantage of the free publicity she got from being on RHONY so she could promote her brand. There's some kind of back story here that we aren't getting. Whatever...glad she's gone. 

• Love 10

It was a crappy thing to do if Bethenny just up and quit after filming has started. ROoNY put her on the map. I don't blame Bethenny for moving on for her daughter or her brand but there are better ways to do it. I am assuming that she did not give Andy, Bravo, or her coworkers notice in advance of filming but I hope that she did. 

Bethenny had no filter and that is what made her so interesting to watch. 

• Love 4

I am genuinely sad Bethenny is leaving. She’s my favorite HW of all the franchises, of all time.  It’s funny, on the forums here 99% of the posts about her are negative and it feels like she’s almost completely hated, but on IG I’ve seen nothing but other people who are upset like I am.  I’ll really miss her calling out the others when they are assholes, and making fun of them like only she can.

I’ll give whatever she does next a try, out of loyalty, but what I want is the candid Bethenny navigating through life while dealing with LuAnn, Ramona and Sonja. 

I have no feelings about Lisa Vanderpump  leaving, or Vicki being demoted, but this has me shook.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Dorinda, Luann, Ramona, and Sonja will all fight to exhaustion trying to get the title. Just when it appears that Tinsley will take it for herself, a door will creak open and everyone's expressions will turn to shock and horror as we hear

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii! Surprise!"

Barbara? 😜

Edited by Stats Queen
Forgot my accompanying emoji
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, kicksave said:

Surprised she didn't want to take advantage of the free publicity she got from being on RHONY so she could promote her brand. There's some kind of back story here that we aren't getting. Whatever...glad she's gone. 

I agree that something else is happening behind the scenes. I'm positive that it has nothing to do with Paul or Bryn because Bethenny can barely leave either party off Instagram and she's supposed to keep Bryn off Instagram.

I think the deferred compensation deal with Suntory Beam that required she continue promoting Skinnygirl wine and liquor for a certain number of years has finally terminated.

But I mostly think that they wouldn't match her salary and contract terms. Atlanta easily spends $10 million on talent salaries. As near as we can figure, RHoNY doesn't top $6 million on salaries. I think she asked for more money and more freedom to not have to film with the other women. I think that's the only reason that she'd bow out after filming began. I think they may have communicated that they'd absolutely be willing to film around her until they reached an agreement just like they've done with Luann and Sonja. I can believe that would have been a huge blow to her ego if it happened.

19 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Barbara?

She announced that she wouldn't be "returning" like a day before Bethenny, which is why Bethenny has earned every bit of that "no housewife, except for me, has ever left voluntarily" shade. Bethenny announces a day or so after Barbara; it looks like Bethenny was fired. I don't think she was, but she's earned that shade with her running her arrogant mouth.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ramona says they were filming or just about to start filming. This makes me think 11th hour salary negotiations broke down. I wonder if she heard about Nene's reportedly $2.85 million salary even after assaulting a producer and being forced to sit out for part of the season.

Based on the announcement time and Bravo's silence I thought the most likely scenario was Bethenny asked for more than they were willing to give. But...

Bravo was probably not happy about her deal with Burnett 

Last season Bethenny put out stories about "negotiations" and that didn't happen this year

They've already given her three spin-offs and I think this production deal is going to fold quickly and badly and she'll most def be back in time to hijack yet another reunion.

Basically, all associated parties will be fine and I still need to figure out how to pay for my car repairs. All I can say is as a woman I have absolutely zero desire to see how Frankel and Burnett want to "shift" our conversation.

• Love 17

Oh well. I'll miss her on RHONY, but I'll still give next season a chance. Side note, I can't believe they'd give that heffa Nene nearly 3 million for RHOA. What is the magic about her? Nevermind. Way off topic. But. Yeah. I'll miss BF. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Bravo was probably not happy about her deal with Burnett 

You are correct! (Brought over from the media thread. )

"In March, the reality star and Skinnygirl mogul, 48, announced a partnership with MGM Television and Mark Burnett to produce unscripted TV projects. The huge deal was a shock to her pals at Bravo, an insider told Radar.

“They were very upset,” the insider claimed. “A Housewife can do a one-off show like Dancing With  the Stars, not a regular series in reality TV. Everyone was pissed off. For all the things the network has done for Bethenny, it was a slap in the face.”

Many staffers were also upset by her farewell statement, which claimed she wanted to “represent a shift in the conversation for women.” People are shocked, because she is the one who drove the show into all the drama and arguments,” the insider explained. “Now she is saying she doesn’t want to be part of it.”

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/08/rhony-execs-upset-with-bethenny-frankel-months-before-quit-bravo-show/

I wonder if  Bravo leaked this - their anger at her deal + pointing a big fat finger at Frankel's direct hand in  creating/driving the ugliest scenes on the show, on the heels of her  announcing she wants to "change the conversation about women" - as leverage to get her to do a few guest appearances?

They must be scrambling at her dumping them the day they started shooting - any work they did pre-production is now worthless.  

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

Not to say she can’t be empowered woman  and doing all of this for work but I wonder if she would rather spend more time in Boston with him when she doesn’t have Brynn rather than filming for the show. Not suggesting that there is an issue with him being around Brynn just with school starting she won’t be as free to travel as she was in the summer.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3