Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E07: Walk and Chew Gum Baby

• Start Topic

I wonder what the trick to the welding was.

Not gonna miss the firefighters. I wonder if they live by "Those who wander are not lost"?

Amber and Vinny, geeze. Stop already.

Also, is knowing how to read a map that lost a skill?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Good leg. Even with Ricky & Cesar making the top two yet again, I don't think there's an overwhelming favorite to win. Well, except for Yvonne & Melissa, who seem under-served by the editing.

Welding! Nice to see Racers take shop class. Also funny to see those not participating in the Roadblock wearing the protective gear and eye shields, even though they weren't near the action.

Detour would have been a nightmare for me. I don't think I'm capable of maintaining a constant rhythm, and I don't speak Spanish, let alone sing it. Bless the Girlfriends' hearts for trying their best at singing. I guess they don't go to karaoke often. I felt the other singers were getting annoyed that they had to keep performing while Yvonne & Melissa kept screwing up.

Amber & Vinny . . . I really hope they have split up by now. I don't think a million bucks would be enough to keep them together. He's just so damn pushy, and I just want to pull that long hair from his head in a violent manner.

Sunny & Bizzy . . . they ran out of other teams to outlast. I figured Yvonne & Melissa's singing would have let the Firefighters dodge elimination yet again, but it wasn't mean to be.

Oh, and Angie & Danny wound up in second place. Here's hoping they don't feel the urge to help other teams. I'm willing to bet that they thought the teams would be leaving in a 2-3-2 pattern instead of 2-2-3, where they were stuck with the Girlfriends & Firefighters.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 9

When Vinnie said "Move on, move on Amber," when he was trying to end the argument in the car I was in complete agreement.  They both need to move on and end this awful relationship.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
(edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 7:19 PM, bioprof said:

Maybe her teammate wouldn’t be haranguing her if she learned how to drive a stick before the race, learned how to read a map, and learned how to give better directions than “ look to your left and see if you see anything” ….while he’s driving. Sorry, but to spend more than five minutes with her must be exhausting. 

I imagine him saying "don't even bother trying to learn, you won't be able to do it because you're useless at everything".

I don't particularly like her, but he's verbally abusive.  Vinny: "Her thoughts are saying 'You're not good enough'."  No Vinny, You're saying 'You're not good enough."  Constantly.  Babe.

On 4/24/2024 at 10:45 PM, Lantern7 said:

Good leg. Even with Ricky & Cesar making the top two yet again, I don't think there's an overwhelming favorite to win. Well, except for Yvonne & Melissa, who seem under-served by the editing.

Every week I've forgotten there's an Yvonne and Melissa.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 23
  • Useful 1

I'm starting to warm to Rod and Leticia a little bit. Maybe it's just because Amber and Vinny are so awful, but Rod and Leticia seem to work well together and he treats her with respect. I don't think I've ever heard him yell at her or criticize her.

I think I finally figured out which one is Yvonne and which one is Melissa, and which one is Sunny and which one is Bizzy. But, if someone is willing to go back and check - Sunny did the welding Roadblock but wasn't she wearing Bizzy's helmet? 

Still not a lot of placement shakeups. This has been a chronic problem all season. Ricky and Cesar always coming in first or second (first this week); Rod and Leticia came in third again, Amber and Vinny came in fourth again, Yvonne and Melissa moved up from sixth to fifth and Sunny and Bizzy once again came in seventh. The only real jumps were Juan and Shane (from first to sixth) and Angie and Danny (from fifth to second). Is everyone really this consistent? Or is the race just way too structured?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)

This week, on The Ricky & Cesar show:

13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I like how the non-players are wearing protective eyewear even though they’re nowhere near the welding.

It's protection against arc-eye, which you get from looking at the electric arc. You don't have to be close to the welding.

13 hours ago, nilyank said:

Meanwhile Ricky and Cesar are a lovely couple who are learning more about each other in this race.

Team BAF!

13 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I find both Vinny and Amber maddening.

They are horrible. She wants him to turn right so she tells him to look to the left. He can't open his mouth without berating her for something. She's doing her best to put a good spin on it, but it's plain that she doesn't believe what she's saying.

13 hours ago, bioprof said:

I hope neither drives the fire truck…they’d never find the fire.

Word! They couldn't find a barn if they were locked inside one.

12 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Is "Who's Rihanna?" better or worse than "Who's Marilyn Monroe?"

I dunno.  Who is Rihanna?

After milking the other teams for all they' were worth last episode, Danny is all "We're going to race our own race!" I wonder why I keep hoping for an industrial accident where his foreskin ends up epoxied to his upper lip?

I'd love to see a photo of Leticia's kid! Especially if Leticia herself weren't front and center and the kid jammed into the corner of the frame.....

There are some teams here that I could do without, but my vote for the next elimination would have to be Amber & Vinny. Amber seems nice enough in the doormat sort of way, and Vinny looked like someone took a dump in his mouth when she was talking about getting married. These two need to be eliminated from the race and sent in opposite directions from each other. 

Sunny & Bizzy eliminated. Colour me surprised!

Next week... Crap! Some rock in the Atlantic... 

Edited by Netfoot
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I thought this was a good leg.  I liked the challenges, especially the welding, because it's not a standard TAR challenge.  I was surprised that as many people have had welding experience, not that it really seemed to matter much.

Did anyone notice that on some of the 2nd "tests", the welder judge didn't hit the piece straight on the edge, like he did for the first hit.  On a few he hit them to the side - which is why they flew off to the side a bit.  I have a feeling those wouldn't have taken a second direct hit, and he was being nice.

Amber & Vinny - oh, they really need to realize they are just not meant for each other.  Amber really needs some therapy to figure out where her low self esteem comes from.  I don't think that has just appeared with Vinny.  And Vinny needs to quit hammering on her for that low self esteem.  I don't think either of them are bad people, but they are just not a good couple.  I was really hoping they would be eliminated just to spare them (and us) the misery of another leg.

Firefighters - the shadows  during the drum task really gave it away.  I could tell by they way they were cutting between them and the girlfriends that it was no where close.  I'd guess they were at least an hour behind. 

Ricky & Cesar - I love that Ricky had so much joy about a performance based task!  He was having such a blast with it! 

Pilots - I feel bad that one had food poisoning.  That really sucks, and they must have given him some powerful meds.  When I've had food poisoning while traveling I've been tethered to the bathroom for at least 12-24 hours.  As a team these guys just don't excite me.  I don't know why.  They're nice, polite to locals and other teams and each other, they're cute.  But they just don't really register anything for me. 

Angie & Vinny Danny - they ran a good race this leg.  I'm glad we got to hear Angie talk about herself a bit, a little "I can do this".  When they were on the mat, with the wind blowing her hair back, Angie looked an easy 10 years younger than she does in the talking heads.  The bangs, the tinted glasses, the hat... she needs a makeover to take out the "midwestern mom" from her look.  I was really hoping they were going to take 1st - it was close!

Edited by chaifan
  • Like 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

This week, on The Ricky & Cesar show:

It's protection against arc-eye, which you get from looking at the electric arc. You don't have to be close to the welding.

Team BAF!

They are horrible. She wants him to turn right so she tells him to look to the left. He can't open his mouth without berating her for something. She's doing her best to put a good spin on it, but it's plain that she doesn't believe what she's saying.

Word! They couldn't find a barn if they were locked inside one.

I dunno.  Who is Rihanna?

After milking the other teams for all they' were worth last episode, Danny is all "We're going to race our own race!" I wonder why I keep hoping for an industrial accident where his foreskin ends up epoxied to his upper lip?

I'd love to see a photo of Leticia's kid! Especially if Leticia herself weren't front and center and the kid jammed into the corner of the frame.....

There are some teams here that I could do without, but my vote for the next elimination would have to be Amber & Vinny. Amber seems nice enough in the doormat sort of way, and Vinny looked like someone took a dump in his mouth when she was talking about getting married. These two need to be eliminated from the race and sent in opposite directions from each other. 

Sunny & Bizzy eliminated. Colour me surprised!

Next week... Crap! Some rock in the Atlantic... 

Who/what is Team BAF?

I'm with you - Marilyn for the win.

Yes, it was unfortunate that Leticia's breasts took up all the space her daughter needed.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Amber’s dad will now consent to the marriage ( assuming Vinnie and Amber are still together after the Race.)

I'm assuming they're not, given that sad sack interview face Amber had.  Run, Amber, run.  Sure, she's probably annoying but he's verbally abusive.  And they are now the team I want gone asap.

14 hours ago, alexa said:

Is it just me or are the tasks kind of boring this season? I find myself not following very closely and losing interest more than usual.  And the alliance isn’t helping matters.

Idk about other commenters, but I've found most of them pretty interesting.  Not all of them, sure, but that's every Race for me.

I'd like to think I'd have done okay with the welding since my dad occasionally welded things in his shop, but probably not.

14 hours ago, bioprof said:

Maybe her teammate wouldn’t be haranguing her if she learned how to drive a stick before the race, learned how to read a map, and learned how to give better directions than “ look to your left and see if you see anything” ….while he’s driving. Sorry, but to spend more than five minutes with her must be exhausting. 

Sure, but he's so, so much worse.  And far less good at those things than he thinks.

14 hours ago, dizzyd said:

That was a huge jump for Walla Walla. Damn, I guess I have to credit Danny’s directional supremacy.

He was also pretty good at the welding, and both he and Angie rocked the drum task.

14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I would have to do the singing. I have zero rhythm.

I have decent rhythm and would've probably been good with the drum task, but I'm not sure how my BFF would do.  Although she did take tap dancing as a child, so maybe there's some rhythm still in there.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I don’t know who’s worse, Vinny and Amber sniping or Melissa and Yvonne singing. 

I'd much rather listen to Melissa and Yvonne sing.

14 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

They don’t make me want to tear my hair out. I want to tear out Vinny’s hair, though.

Hey now, that's his only redeeming quality.

13 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Amber is horrible at directions, but won't admit it. That's the problem here, not that they are both strong willed individuals.

Oh, she is, but it wouldn't matter either way because Vinny wasn't going to listen to her (or anyone else, probably) anyway.  It's his way or else.

13 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Love that Angie and Danny came so close to number one. Still don't think they have any chance of winning. As soon as Angie has to do roadblocks again, it's going to be pain for them.

Danny can only do 1 more so they're going to have to choose very carefully from now on.  She should've done the face painting task from leg 2.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

I mentioned gentle pressure during the episode. There was an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 where the characters riffed on a railroad safety film, Days Of Our Years. One of the things brought up was about applying gentle pressure to the shoulder in order to get the attention of someone who is welding. They didn't cover arc-eye.

Here's the video; I cued it up to the relevant part, but the whole thing is darkly funny.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, mertensia said:

My understanding is that they needed to do it slowly to ensure they got a good melt on the adjoining edges.  The teams who took multiple tries were rushing it.

11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Well, except for Yvonne & Melissa, who seem under-served by the editing.

I don't think they've been that under-served by the editing.  They don't seem to have been particularly competent, just slightly more so than Sunny & Bizzy.

11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Oh, and Angie & Danny wound up in second place. Here's hoping they don't feel the urge to help other teams. I'm willing to bet that they thought the teams would be leaving in a 2-3-2 pattern instead of 2-2-3, where they were stuck with the Girlfriends & Firefighters.

At least that way other teams had to do their own navigating.

6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Mom and Danny learned that they perform better without dragging extra teams with them.  (See?  Raaaaace!) 

Helping other teams is what got Angie the help she needed in the mega-leg so I'd say it paid off for them pretty well.  She certainly wasn't performing better in that first road block last time; without Amber's help, she'd probably still be there..  But it's down to few enough teams now that they do need to stop.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'm starting to warm to Rod and Leticia a little bit. Maybe it's just because Amber and Vinny are so awful, but Rod and Leticia seem to work well together and he treats her with respect. I don't think I've ever heard him yell at her or criticize her.

I'm with you on them.  I'd found Leticia a little annoying in a previous leg, but she's winning me over.  And yes, Rod's respect for her really shows.

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

After milking the other teams for all they' were worth last episode,

That's pretty much the point of alliances on AR.  It certainly worked out for them.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, WatcherUp2 said:

Has a couple ever split up DURING a race season?

Season 1: Lenny & Karen

Season 10: Peter & Sarah

I think there may be a few others, too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
10 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I imagine him saying "don't even bother trying to learn, you won't be able to do it because you're useless at everything".

I don't particularly like her, but he's verbally abusive.  Vinny: "Her thoughts are saying 'You're not good enough'."  No Vinny, You're saying 'You're not good enough," constantly, Babe.

He was saying "You can't do it because you don't speak spanish." Is she going to learn spanish during this leg of the race? No? Then he is just right.

From what I can see, the problem here is that Amber won't admit to her limitations and let her partner take over, when she can't do something. I'm sure Vinny can't do other things and then she can tell him the same.

He could probably be nicer about it. But I can see how that would get on your nerves after a while.

• Like 9
58 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

From what I can see, the problem here is that Amber won't admit to her limitations and let her partner take over, when she can't do something. I'm sure Vinny can't do other things and then she can tell him the same.

It's very hard to watch her.

• Like 9

Does anybody know if Amber & Vinny are still together?  Wasnt this show filmed awhile back?  They are so unpleasant to watch, I am not sure what drew them together?  Vinny is mean & a bully to her, and Amber has severe self-esteem issues.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, zscore said:

From Amber and Vinny's youtube channel: they are engaged and planning their wedding in November.

“If anyone has any objec-“ “YO! RIGHT HERE!”

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Does anybody know if Amber & Vinny are still together?  Wasnt this show filmed awhile back?  They are so unpleasant to watch, I am not sure what drew them together?  Vinny is mean & a bully to her, and Amber has severe self-esteem issues.

Well, if I may (and I know I may not, because I have no degree in whatever field deals with this and I know nothing but four things about them, but here’s how these four things fit together).  Amber grows up with a blue-collar welder father who is not the kind of person to cut her any slack, so she develops self-esteem issues. Then, at work, she meets this guy.  Who is not the kind of person to cut her any slack.  And she already knows how to love someone like that.  This can work, no?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just a quick question and I apologize if this has already been publicized, but are they intentionally going to stay in the Western Hemisphere for the duration of the race? It's starting to feel a little unfair to those teams without a Spanish speaker. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I was surprised how bad the firefighters were at directions because that's a critical part of their job. 

911 calls are notorious for incomplete information, and vets tend to have almost sixth senses for figuring out how to get places without knowing exactly where they are. Cutting a minute off a response time can be the difference between life and death when a fire truck is responding to a call for a smoldering basement fire or carbon monoxide leak.

I realize they might not be the ones driving the trucks, but departments usually try to crosstrain personnel in case in these kinds of skills. 

This isn't to say I could do better, to be clear. I can easily see myself getting lost in Latin America within five minutes and never getting back.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, albinerhawk said:

Just a quick question and I apologize if this has already been publicized, but are they intentionally going to stay in the Western Hemisphere for the duration of the race? It's starting to feel a little unfair to those teams without a Spanish speaker. 

Well, at least they'll be in an English-speaking part of the hemisphere next week, so presumably no one will have an advantage.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, albinerhawk said:

Spoiler

They stay in South America for the entire race. (except the final leg, of course)

It's still a COVID-season like season 33 and 34.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, J-Man said:

at least they'll be in an English-speaking part of the hemisphere next week, so presumably no one will have an advantage.

You've obviously never heard colloquial Bajan being spoken.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, vousviou said:

I was surprised how bad the firefighters were at directions because that's a critical part of their job

Does anyone need to be good at directions anymore?

GPS. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, SDVegas said:

GPS. 

I have a friend who swore that it was completely unnecessary to learn to drive in the age of Uber. Then along came a virus.....

There are certain life-skills that are handy to have on rare occasions...

Edited by Netfoot
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 4/25/2024 at 1:09 AM, mertensia said:

According to my husband, a welder, there's a certain amount of pressure that needs to be applied to the surfaces while you're slowly and steadily applying the heat.  If you don't apply some pressure to the plates, the steel will not melt and fuse to the other side.  Otherwise, it's just a glorified sparkler, like one of the racers commented.

10 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

This episode needed a PSA for abuse at the end. My goodness, Vinny is a verbally abusive prick. I haven’t seen Amber do anything that warrants that abuse.

I agree.  It became uncomfortable to even watch.  Every sentence that came out of Vinnie's mouth this episode was either passively berating Amber, or puffing up his own ego.  Amber has zero self esteem, which makes me wonder if she's always been this way or it's a product of their relationship.  I just hope she's watching these episodes back and realizing how damaging it is.  And if they are still together, I pray they've since gone thru lots and lots of couples counseling!

Another comment about Amber and Vinnie...  Have they even smiled once during the race?  I especially love watching Ricky & Cesar, and even Rod & Leticia, because they genuinely seem to be enjoying their experience on the race and traveling the world with their partner.  Even when Cesar had to take 3 attempts at the welding challenge, he was still smiling and Ricky was nothing but supportive of him.  Danny is also fully enjoying the experience, but I'm afraid mom is just too exhausted to appreciate much at this point.    

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I'm confused...why do some of them run to the finish line with their backpacks and others don't?

I would prefer to sprint without a backpack.

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought you had to have everything with you at the mat.  The only time I remember teams dropping backpacks is on the sprint to the last mat.  I could easily be wrong on this.

58 minutes ago, Wonderlad71 said:

I love how (except for Danny & Angie) all the teams call their partners "babe" this episode including the pilots and the firefighters.

Angie was overdoing it a bit on calling Danny a "stud", though.  ew, because she's his mom.  And ew, because he's the farthest thing from a "stud" one could imagine.

35 minutes ago, cowgirlwen said:

Danny is also fully enjoying the experience, but I'm afraid mom is just too exhausted to appreciate much at this point.    

I wouldn't say that, especially this leg.  She was clearly enjoying this leg, and was just beaming at coming in 2nd (so close to 1st).  Last leg, and the one with the butterfly face painting, yeah, heat exhaustion clearly hit hard. 

11 hours ago, albinerhawk said:

It's starting to feel a little unfair to those teams without a Spanish speaker. 

As far as I can tell, only Rod/Leticia and Bizzy/Sunny were teams with no one that spoke Spanish.  At least among the more recent bunch.  Every other team has at least one person who seems to be quite fluent.  The one girlfriend who speaks spanish may be weaker, but she seems to get along just fine.  So I don't think Ricky & Cesar have the advantage just due to language skills. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, SDVegas said:

GPS. 

I got horribly lost in Northern California last summer because there was no cell service and the written instructions I'd been sent  (no paper map) were woefully inadequate/wrong.

Not to mention people's cell phone batteries running down.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, chaifan said:
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I'm confused...why do some of them run to the finish line with their backpacks and others don't?

I would prefer to sprint without a backpack.

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought you had to have everything with you at the mat.  The only time I remember teams dropping backpacks is on the sprint to the last mat.  I could easily be wrong on this.

I've read somewhere, not sure at this point where as I've been re-watching all the seasons and reading different threads/articles in different places, that the teams can drop their packs as soon as they can see Phil. I think, if so, this was instituted after the infamous J/V event when he dropped his pack on the street and V picked it up because she thought it would be stolen, this is what led to the 'incident'. Also, there isn't always a 'sprint' to the mat, most of the time there is not so why not just wear your packs so you don't have to go back for them. If it is a sprint and you want to drop them you have to do it fast. Some people look like they can just eel out of it no problem, but sometimes it's a bit harder and it might be better to just wear it. People drop their packs all the time, in the 'competitors' season 30, there was a sprint to the mat where the last team would be eliminated in the first leg, I think all but one dropped their packs and guess who was last on the mat.

I think I didn't give any spoilers? If I did let me know and I'll tag them. Here is a link of that sprint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIIrkG404kU

Edited by dgpolo
correct spelling; add link
  • Like 3

Am I wrong in thinking that it wasn't just lack of navigation that did Bizzy & Sunny in, but also that they didn't read the clue?  The clue said that they were to look for the plaza next to Mercado de Puerto?  It seemed that they weren't looking for "Mercado de Puerto" as a specific place, they were just looking for some random plaza around a port. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

I feel like this episode would have been better if it was an hour. With fewer teams left, they are struggling to draw out these remaining edits to 90 minutes so it kind of dragged.

Probably rooting for Juan and Shane or maybe Rod and Leticia. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Am I wrong in thinking that it wasn't just lack of navigation that did Bizzy & Sunny in, but also that they didn't read the clue?  The clue said that they were to look for the plaza next to Mercado de Puerto?  It seemed that they weren't looking for "Mercado de Puerto" as a specific place, they were just looking for some random plaza around a port. 

You are correct; they didn't seem to know what "Mercado" meant (market) and were pronouncing it horribly but didn't seem to have the good sense to SHOW the clue to anyone they were asking directions from.  Ay-yi-yi.  

I couldn't have been the only one hoping for a large truck to come barreling around a corner to take out Vinny while he and Amber were running around in the streets like maniacs, looking for their car, no?  Oh, and my dude?  Cut it with the "I'm the only one that speaks Spanish" shit, because that was *barely* Spanish you were speaking.  Amber seems like she could be a lot, but MY GOD he's an asshole.

The boyfriends, OTOH, are delightful.  I particularly loved when Ricky fell down in the street in full costume and just rolled out of it and bounced back up like it was nothing.  "I know how to fall!"  Tuck and roll, Ricky...tuck and roll!  I like that they're not your typical super-fit, alpha male team, but they just keep going, they keep their wits about them, they support each other, and they are having the time of their lives. I  am Team Boyfriends all the way.

• Like 21
  • Applause 1
24 minutes ago, TheRabbi said:

I feel like this episode would have been better if it was an hour. With fewer teams left, they are struggling to draw out these remaining edits to 90 minutes so it kind of dragged.

All of the episodes would be better at 60 minutes.  This was just excruciating.

• Like 8
On 4/24/2024 at 10:43 PM, Browncoat said:

Okay, everyone, remember where we parked.

Now I'm imaginging Kirk looking at some of the performances on this leg with that same "oh, no" he had watching Spock in the aquarium...

On 4/24/2024 at 10:28 PM, momlyd said:

You're a little pitchy, dawg...

I think the music director at the singing passed Melissa and Yvonne because he wanted to spare his ears another rendition - they were the literal definition of "can't carry a tune in a bucket." He needed a gong...

I have to say I've turned around on Rod and Letticia, they have been rocking it and way less "baby" so I'm enjoying watching them. Vinny and Amber OTOH...ai yi yi to quote the song.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, SDVegas said:

GPS. 

The house my parents owned from 1972 to 2007 was nearly impossible to find with just the address. GPS didn't improve that at all.

When we were expecting a delivery, we always told dispatchers that we needed to give directions directly to the drivers, or they would get lost. They rarely believed us and didn't put us in touch with the drivers. We would either be down at the cross street flagging them down, or they would just leave and tell dispatch there was no such address.

Fortunately, when we did have the need to call EMS, they were clever enough to be able to find us without too much delay or the need for us to be out at the street frantically waving them our way.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

After Katrina, one of my employees volunteered for the Corps of Engineers BlueRoof project and was sent to southeastern Texas.  The houses there didn't have street addresses.

Watching two or more teams drive aimlessly around for 90 minutes is not compelling TV, it's boring TV.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

"LET'S GO!!!" is this season's "C'MON DAD!!" (Not as annoying, but still annoys! 😁)

Vinny might be the type who gets mean and lashes out when he's stressed and in a hurry and exhausted, as I'm sure the are. Then afterwards doesn't fully realize what a jerk he's been. Meanwhile Amber tends to whine and say she can't do things, which is no excuse for him to be a jerk, but it adds gas to that fire. She needs a nurturer/encourager when under pressure and he needs someone who gets hyper-focused and aggressive like he does. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1