Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

What is Robyn's last statement in that 2nd clip?  Is it, " She's part of my big 'pitcher' " ? If so, does that mean Robyn expects Christine ( and everyone else) to remain miserable just so the "pitcher" Robyn has in her head of what the family should be, will remain untarnished.  Sorry to tell you Robyn, but despite your previous efforts ( the reinvented "pitcher" of Kody with her kids at a younger age), you cannot just paint the "pitcher " you like and have it become reality.  If that was so, Christine could get out her crayons and paint a "pitcher" of Kody as a loving devoted husband for herself while you,  Robyn languish in your trailer in "Yoming". And all of Meri's filtered "pitchers" would come true and she would be living with millionaire Sam. How very selfish and self-serving,  arrogant and obnoxious it is for Robyn to think that everyone's life should conform to HER desires and everyone else be dammed.

Please disregard the above rant if that is not what she said. If I misunderstood her, I guess it is because that statement seems to reflect her attitude and behavior.  

"She's part of my big pitcher" ommfg. No no no no Robyn, you  erased her kids' pitcher and sketched your own spawn, you gold diggin photo bomber. I'm sputtering with rage! 

• Love 14

My thoughts on the above clip: 

It’s obvious to me that Kody wants Meri and Janelle to follow Christine out the door.   He’s already accepted the fact that his children will follow them, and doesn’t care. 
Robyn continues to think that she knows polygamy better than the rest  of them do. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Spelling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Mr thoughts on the above clip: 

It’s obvious to me that Kody wants Meri and Janelle to follow Christine out the door.   He’s already accepted the fact that his children will follow them, and doesn’t care. 
Robyn continues to think that she knows polygamy better than the rest  of them do. 

Especially Meri. She’s the most unwanted and she’s the most dug-in, like a tick with its head lodged in Kody’s skin.  Somehow, she thinks there’s still a chance she can redeem herself with Kody even though she verbalizes that they don’t have a relationship. 

I suspect the only reason she stays isn’t just for the show, it’s fear. Fear of walking away. Fear of starting over. Fear of going through what Christine is going through. With this arrangement, she gets to go do her independent things yet is not truly independent because she’s still there. 

“I’m strong and brave”, cries at the drop of a hat and builds walls. Fake-ass poser. 

• Like 1
  • Love 18

To me it is also fear for Meri. But she's already basically done it. She's at the inn, traveling, etc. Kody has no part in her life, why stay 'married' to him. It's not like he is even giving her friendship like he says their relationship is. She is without him and has been. Just make it official and quit the facade. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

To me it is also fear for Meri. But she's already basically done it. She's at the inn, traveling, etc. Kody has no part in her life, why stay 'married' to him. It's not like he is even giving her friendship like he says their relationship is. She is without him and has been. Just make it official and quit the facade. 

Right, the only way Kody and Meri are married is because they say they are. For all practical purposes, they have been separated for a long time. The one thing that ties them together is the show and any money commingled.

I wonder if they are even spiritually married in their religion, since the AUB kicked them out? They don’t seem to formally belong to any religion/church now— can you be considered “sealed” to each other in the AUB if you are no longer a member? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Fairytales said:

Robyn erases Christine`s children out of a photo and replaces it with her own.

If you are talking about that horrible doctored picture, Sobyn erased the bio-dad and stuck Kootie in there.  Still a creepy thing to do.  She's sick.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Fairytales said:

Robyn has done nothing but gaslight Christine from day 1 and it continues on. Robyn stepped in front of Christine at every turn. 

I recall when Christine phoned Kootie to tell him to get his ass home because she was in labour with Truely, Robyn told him with a little evil smile that he didn't need to rush off right away and they could canoodle a bit longer.  Yet we had been told that The Principal forbid canoodling before marriage. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

When Kody told Suki he didn't want to talk about Christine, they broke away.  When they came back - scene was cameras getting ready, and you can hear Kody apologize to Suki "I'm sorry I walked away, I wasn't angry with you".   Now that would have been something worth filming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

TLC just announced Christine will have her own digital series @TLC.com - Cooking with Just Christine.  New episodes every Sunday on FB or streaming @TLC    

I can't imagine wanting to learn how to make tapifauxca pudding or oven toast, but I may have it on in the background just to give her another view.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I can't imagine wanting to learn how to make tapifauxca pudding or oven toast, but I may have it on in the background just to give her another view.

Same. I might not want her recipes, but I’m glad she has her own thing. And if it annoys Kody that Christine can do fine without him, so much the better.

• Love 24

Why was Robyn's first marriage monogamous yet they were raised in the polygamous faith? Is it because she doesnt want to share a man? Her comments about not wanting to be apart from Kody and how her little kids can't bear to be him away too long are pretty strange considering the lifestyle she chose. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don’t watch the show, but I will watch Christine’s cooking video. Just based on the 30 second preview, I think there’s going to be actual cooking with real ingredients. Not mock tapioca or fish stick tacos. 

I have decided I am done with these liars. This will be my last season. I just watched the third tell all and I can't dill with it any longer. I despise Kody and Robyn. Janelle and Meri are pathetic and tbh even Christine pisses me off. Shes not all innocent and sweetness and light that she makes out. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Pooky said:

I have decided I am done with these liars. This will be my last season. I just watched the third tell all and I can't dill with it any longer. I despise Kody and Robyn. Janelle and Meri are pathetic and tbh even Christine pisses me off. Shes not all innocent and sweetness and light that she makes out. 

I agree Christine was more than happy to be rude as hell and has always loved insulting everything about monogamous marriages and the “stupid” women who live that way.  👎🏻

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree Christine was more than happy to be rude as hell and has always loved insulting everything about monogamous marriages and the “stupid” women who live that way.  👎🏻

I went off her a few seasons ago. Her talking heads turned dark and contradicted how she appeared with the rest of the family during filming. I thought she was playing up to the camera and a bit fake.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Pooky said:

Shes not all innocent and sweetness and light that she makes out. 

She is as bad as the rest of them.  I have no use for her at all.  She sold out her kids to stay with that creepy cult leader.   For some reason her whispery baby voice apparently makes her seem more innocent but she's not.  She just decided to bail before the show tanked. 

• Love 16

I, for one, wish Christine the best. No I have not always cared for her but I think she has changed. Her mother and aunt changed. Maybe that influenced her. Maybe it was totally Kody’s withdrawal of affection. Maybe we will never know. I will check out her cooking show. 

Sister Wives star Christine Brown scores new TLC spinoff after divorcing husband Kody

• Love 20

Some polygamous marriage! He hasn't slept with Christine for 10 years, he doesn't sleep with Mary for God knows how long, from what you can tell he isn't sleeping with Janelle. I think he wants Robin and some other younger women who can birth babies for him.  If you are not being intimate with your wives, you are not really in a marriage.  He even said he wasn't attracted to Christine.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, antfitz said:

Some polygamous marriage! He hasn't slept with Christine for 10 years, he doesn't sleep with Mary for God knows how long, from what you can tell he isn't sleeping with Janelle. I think he wants Robin and some other younger women who can birth babies for him.  If you are not being intimate with your wives, you are not really in a marriage.  He even said he wasn't attracted to Christine.

i've been thinking this for a long time.....he married robyn 10 yrs ago.  he's worn out the other wives now he needs newer younger ones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, Cetacean said:

If you are talking about that horrible doctored picture, Sobyn erased the bio-dad and stuck Kootie in there.  Still a creepy thing to do.  She's sick.

IIRC the photo of Kody was from a group shot with Christine and her kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I was looking at the TLC Instagram page. Clip of Christine's cooking show has 180K views - far more than any of the other recent posts. The closest was around 147K for a proposal on the Darcy/Stacy show. I couldn't even watch that clip - I find their voices and appearance just grating! A clip of Kody got only maybe 68K views.  I'm sure TLC tracks this stuff. Things are looking good for Christine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 3/3/2022 at 9:44 PM, eskimo said:

I was thinking about the whole Cameo thing.  I don't care to hear from any celebrity, much less the Browns.  But what I might pay for is a video I make that they have to watch.  A reverse Cameo.  The only video I care to see is of them watching my video, as proof they watched.  I wonder how much it would take for Kody, or any of them, to listen to what other people have to say.  Oh, and they can't comment or give any rebuttals in the proof-of-watch videos.  I am a genius.  😆

This is indeed a genius idea! 

• Love 7
(edited)

Brady Williams from My Five Wives was a church elder before he left the AUB. He said that many people in the church came to him with their concerns, problems, etc. He said that he learned over the years that 90 to 95 percent of polygamist marriages are not marriages born out of love. The men marry for many reasons, power in the church, the need to have three wives in order to keep their first wife for eternity, obligation to do the right thing, and other various reasons.

I don't think that Kody was ever in love with Christine or Janelle. I think that maybe he thought he was in love with Meri when he married her, but after meeting Robyn, realized that he wasn't.

I think that he was deeply in love with Robyn from the very beginning. I think that the entire family realized it. Paedon said that Kody met his soul mate when he met Robyn. I think that Janelle was able to accept this fact and still be happy in her marriage. Meri and Christine weren't able to be happy while their husband was in love with Robyn and not in love with them.

Kody and Robyn are very off-putting, sickening people. However, I don’t think that they are to blame for Meri and Christine's marriages falling apart. I think that polygamy is to blame. Paedon said that Christine's relationship with Kody was bad even before they married. He said that they tried for 30 years to make their relationship work.

I think that most polygamist marriages are doomed to fail over time. The wives may stay, but I doubt that they are happy.  I think that Janelle, who honestly seems content in her marriage, is the exception rather than the rule. 

Edited by Libby
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

Quick question- Janelle, Christine, Meri and Robyn all use the last name "Brown". Now Robyn and Meri were legally married to Kody, but do we know if legally these women are all chose to change their name to Brown, and if so when?  I've watched this shitshow since the Dark Wife showed, but can't remember it ever being discussed. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Libby said:

I think that most polygamist marriages are doomed to fail over time. The wives may stay, but I doubt that they are happy.  I think that Janelle, who honestly seems content in her marriage, is the exception rather than the rule. 

This. We all got to see this the past few seasons. Proud of Christine for getting out. The only way I ever see Janelle getting up the energy to leave is how badly Kody treats her kids, but I don't think he'll treat them badly, it just gonna be  mutual ignoring.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Quick question- Janelle, Christine, Meri and Robyn all use the last name "Brown". Now Robyn and Meri were legally married to Kody, but do we know if legally these women are all chose to change their name to Brown, and if so when?  I've watched this shitshow since the Dark Wife showed, but can't remember it ever being discussed. 

If I remember correctly they legally changed their name to Brown , Robyn included before she married Cody.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

If I remember correctly they legally changed their name to Brown , Robyn included before she married Cody.

I recall the incident.  It was one Christmas, she gift wrapped the document and with trembling hands and quavering voice she presented is as if it was the gift of the Magi.

Big yawn.  Janelle and Christine had done this change years ago and Meri came by the name when she legally married Kody.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Big yawn.  Janelle and Christine had done this change years ago and Meri came by the name when she legally married Kody.

To give credit where credit is due, Meri's name wouldn't have changed automatically when she married. She still had to do a mountain of paperwork to change it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

"To give credit where credit is due, Meri's name wouldn't have changed automatically when she married. She still had to do a mountain of paperwork to change it." 

What do you mean?

Sandy W. said above that “Meri” came by the name change when she married Kody. My point was that Meri would still have had to do paperwork to legally change her last name to Brown; it’s as much work as changing your name legally for other reasons. I did it when I got married and I was surprised how much work it is.

• Love 3