Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: The Writing is on the Wall

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

has he spoken to Savanah yet?  Neither said, so I wonder if he has frozen her out for good. 

somewhere along the way I think I heard that he spoke with her 6 weeks after Christmas, or after 6 weeks, or something like that. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
5 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

somewhere along the way I think I heard that he spoke with her 6 weeks after Christmas, or after 6 weeks, or something like that. 

When he met with Janelle at the only restaurant in Flagstaff, she said he hadn't reached out to her yet and that it had been six weeks.  So who knows?

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1

Are Kootie and Sobbyn the assholiest assholes on TV?  They certainly are, of the shows I watch, anyway.

Meri has been a fool for so long, I rilly wonder what happened to make her finally hit the road.  Actually, the OG 3 all stayed way too long, and they must all regret that, to some degree.  

I hope those two toxic shitheads will outspend their lowered income, and if any of the OG 3 still help support their lazy fucking asses, shame on them.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I think this says it all.  Robyn can’t be the “winner” if there’s no one else in the race.

I found a new Sister Wives reaction YouTube channel- My Take on Reality, and he said the EXACT same thing. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

Good grief it’s like Meri and Kody are just in a contest to outlast one another. It’s just a battle of wills at this point. He doesn’t ever want to be accused of firing her but she will never quit. It’s so crazy. These people need serious help 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

That "conversation" between Kody, Meri, and Robyn was something else.  Starting with Kody acting like a weirdo regarding where he sat.  That island looked about a mile long and why did Meri have to hunch over rather than sitting down?  Then there was that ugly ring.  Sobyn totally picked that tacky thing out.  Meri realized in that moment that despite Kody's insistence that it was just a ring that it was on the ring finger of his left hand where the claddagh ring used to be.  She knew the score in that moment. That brings me to the next point, Sobyn pushing her to make her impassioned speech about still having hope and not leaving the family.  Either Robyn is really that obtuse or she is the cruelest person on earth.  

Bitch Robyn is the cruelest person on earth. Did anyone notice, is she also sporting a new non-Claddagh ring ? I deleted this trash from my DVR already so can't check.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I think this says it all.  Robyn can’t be the “winner” if there’s no one else in the race.

Yes and that is the reason I wish that Kody would bring home some pretty new wives lol.   AND he could gain her respect too lol.  They really are hilarious to watch I gotta say!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

Kodouche bloviating about Meri’s racks of clothes in the truck like he is God.  Meri in her TH seems rational but in the group scenes is dishonest.  Ugh. Leaving her in a barndimonium with the forgotten cars and boxes?   Please tell me she’s acting and not truly pandering and humiliating herself. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, General Days said:

I'm not even convinced Kody still has the hots for Janelle. I do think they had a full marriage up until the separation, but I also think that, in his heart, he is in a monogamous relationship with himself (sorry, I couldn't resist) or possibly Robyn (but really himself).

I think Kody wants to convince Janelle that he is sort of trying to patch things up with her to get the upper hand, then dump her. One thing that kicked Kody in his ego was Christine had the nerve to leave HIM. Here Janelle has told him that she likes being separated from him. Kody "it's all about the ego, baby" Dickhead sees the slamming door headed for his ass, so he's getting his groove on to maneuver Janelle into an emotional "I dumped YOU" mic drop. 

Kody, Mr. Ipecac. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Are Kootie and Sobbyn the assholiest assholes on TV?  They certainly are, of the shows I watch, anyway.

Meri has been a fool for so long, I rilly wonder what happened to make her finally hit the road.  Actually, the OG 3 all stayed way too long, and they must all regret that, to some degree.  

I hope those two toxic shitheads will outspend their lowered income, and if any of the OG 3 still help support their lazy fucking asses, shame on them.  

I don't think any of them will help out Kody financially.  I do think that Meri, Christine & Janelle have always been more independent than Robyn.  And because of the show even more so by becoming influencers (yuk),  they are more financially stable and encouraged by fans too, it has also brought them the confidence to know they don't need Kody for anything anymore and their kids are mostly grown now too.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That was the most awkward interaction between 2 people that have been "married" for more than 30 yrs I have ever seen. Meri, you are right. Kody is done with you. I wish she would save her money and forget about getting a smaller place in Flagstaff unless she loves Flagstaff so much she doesn't want to leave permanently. I don't think that's her reason. 

Did Kody stop his relationship with Meri only after the catphish situation.  God, she has zero self respect.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t understand….wouldn’t the drive for physical intimacy send you in a new direction?  Wouldn’t you be certifiably horny by now? I mean, I get the faith thing, but still…….

Meri could very well have someone on the side (or multiple someones)- yet she stays waiting on Kody because of emotions, show plot lines, religion etc. But for her own emotional well being she needs to be free from “waiting on Kody”. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, endure said:

it has also brought them the confidence to know they don't need Kody for anything anymore and their kids are mostly grown now too.

Truely is their only minor child left among the three of them in real time.  As of the episode there were only two minor children.  That gives the women so much more freedom to cut the ties.  The adult children, except for Mykelti, seem to think it's time to run, not walk, away from Kody.  

• Like 12
7 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Did Kody stop his relationship with Meri only after the catphish situation.  God, she has zero self respect.

From all accounts, the catfish came in to play as a result of Kody ignoring Meri for several years prior.

In my book, the lack of self respect came in to the scene when she continued and encouraged the dialogue with the catfish after it crossed the line of mild flirtation. 

If she was truly the Strong Woman she claimed to be, she would have bailed from a loveless relationship before she engaged with someone else.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

If I'm remembering correctly, he stopped before, thus making her vulnerable.  I blame him and always have.  

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t understand….wouldn’t the drive for physical intimacy send you in a new direction?  Wouldn’t you be certifiably horny by now? I mean, I get the faith thing, but still…….

not necessarily, especially if she is taking care of it by herself.  But, she must need an emotional connection.  

• Like 8

So Kidney has the gd audacity to say he's never had time or been able to be in love or act in love with Robyn. What's the past 10 plus years been and especially Covid where he had been nothing but with her? The two he didn't get to just focus on and only them were Jenelle and Christine. I can't believe, I mean I can, said that. This mf has been pushing the other wives out instead of being truthful and saying that hey, I only want to be with Robyn, he basically treated them like them and their kids didn't exist and then says that they didn't try to make it work. We all know that he didn't, but really? Fucking seriously? The wives tried and he was too busy being in love and acting in love or whatever he said. And that's probably the deep down real reason that they weren't allowed in the house because the wives and kids would have really seen how they were so touchy feeling. 

Which isn't the first time that something like that's been said. What was said when they couldn't sit next to each other or some shit because they would want to jump each other's bones. Or whatever was said.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

So Kidney has the gd audacity to say he's never had time or been able to be in love or act in love with Robyn.

I mean, their marriage started with like a three week honeymoon…

• Like 10

Each episode I frustratingly watch confirms (to me) my theory to what has been going down for years, and this episode is no different.

Bear with me for a moment.

OG3 muddle through 15 years of dysfunction. Meri is queen manipulator. Kody, who once enjoyed having 3 wives vie over him, surprisingly doesn't like it anymore.

All the marriages suck - Meri and her apartment was orderly and Meri was always predictable, Janelle and her apartment was low key chaos, and Janelle was always pleasant, Christine and her apartment was chaotic and Christine was unpredictable and alternated between revering Kody and complaining to Kody.

Over time Kody starts to see sex as a chore and obligation. Sex with Meri is once a turn/visit, because Meri is Meri, sex with Janelle all but dries up and she's okay with that, sex with Christine is a reward for good behavior.

Kody meets Robyn and confides in Meri. Meri did not introduce them - that is a lie. They concoct that story so Janelle won't split again and so Christine won't flip a nutty.

Robyn comes on board and Meri is shocked that she has lost control and lost Kody. So now Kody has two wives getting no sex and no intimacy, but they both stick around. So now he tries to quiet quit Christine.

Vegas happens. Christine is now fully aware of where Kody is spending most of his time. But Christine is broke. Meri tries to leave but is catfished. Janelle is getting lonelier and lonelier.

The pandemic happens. Kody barely makes an attempt to fake anything anymore. Meri is just hanging on. Janelle is trying to accommodate Kody and Christine is getting madder and madder and now has money. The pandemic, Christine's anger/jealousy and thoughts of leaving and Janelle's extreme loneliness is a recipe for a sister wife alliance - for the first time ever. Janelle now finds out that Christine won't tolerate being a wife with no benefits and Janelle is no longer lonely.

Fast forward to now (well 1.5 years ago). Christine is gone. Meri has to go, and Janelle is truly torn whether to stay or go. The problem is she doesn't trust Kody to split his time equally between her and Robin. Also her kids are mad and sad and Janelle is aware of the public watching. And Christine is in her ear. So she leaves.

TL;DR Kody and Robyn are assholes, but the OG3 leaving is more complicated.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, General Days said:

In my opinion, historically, Kody has been able to use sex to manipulate Janelle. That's why (imo) he was so offended last week and talked about his six-pack abs and whatever else it was he mentioned (I mostly tried to black it out). He was offended, because his usual move didn't work.

^^^^ this^^^^

(Plus the "tried to black it out" made me spit my coffee out ;) )

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2023 at 8:32 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

I am surprised no one else is commenting on Kody's horrible whining about how he can't enjoy his relationship with Robyn and get their solace together because of the way everyone else is acting.  No, jerkface, it's because you know you are guilty of treating everyone like s--t.

WTAF?

Yeah.  And "solace" is such a strange word choice.  Solace?  It can mean peace, but so often it's used to convey emotions of loss and mouring.

It just sounds like victim talk (yet again). 

Like he's saying "Sobyn and I aren't given enough time to cling to each other in greif while we deal with the fallout of the chaos we created.  Poor us.  Woe is me"

Edited by ezzy4
  • Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Yeah.  And "solace" is such a strange word choice.  Solace?  It can mean peace, but so often it's used to convey emotions of loss and mouring.

It just sounds like victim talk (yet again). 

Like he's saying "Sobyn and I aren't given enough time to cling to each other in greif while we deal with the fallout of the choas we created.  Poor us.  Woe is me"

Also just plain yucky. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

so there's chatter on other sites that Kody's been somewhat "indoctrinated" in the "manosphere" and that's what has caused this alleged change in his personality. 

It really makes me wonder if Robyn genuinely doesn't want to be left alone with him?  I can see her thinking she can NOT have a 2nd divorce but that she cant hack Kody 24/7 and with no one else to direct his anger at.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

I honestly believe that Kootie's on some form of steriods, on top of all of that organic crap he takes.  Although he was a narcissistic 🐖 from the word go, steroids would explain how far he's gone off the deep end over the past couple of years.  He's getting a little scary.  😳

• Like 19
  • Useful 5
28 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

so there's chatter on other sites that Kody's been somewhat "indoctrinated" in the "manosphere" and that's what has caused this alleged change in his personality. 

It really makes me wonder if Robyn genuinely doesn't want to be left alone with him?  I can see her thinking she can NOT have a 2nd divorce but that she cant hack Kody 24/7 and with no one else to direct his anger at.

Sorry but I don’t believe any of Robyn's whining about how she’s a victim too and that Kody has become a different person and so hard on her…. Bullshit!

during the Xmas video at their house Kody kept asking her to sit in his lap and they were exchanging sweet smiles and what about his new ring that he was so upset that Meri noticed, I’d bet a million dollars that’s his new monogamous wedding ring from Robyn.

They’re a couple of selfish creeps and the only reason Robyn is whining about Kody is to try and get sympathy for herself and hope to fool people into thinking that he’s treating her a lot like the others.

I don’t believe any of it.

I think Kody went on the date with Janelle to make it look like Robyn wants him to have a full relationship with Janelle, “see I’m all about Kody being sweet to the other wives and spending time with them”…. Ya right… nope I’m not buying what they’re selling.

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Truely is their only minor child left among the three of them in real time.  As of the episode there were only two minor children.  That gives the women so much more freedom to cut the ties.  The adult children, except for Mykelti, seem to think it's time to run, not walk, away from Kody.  

I do think as I posted that the wives gained more independence and confidence which ultimately helped them to move on.  I think the children and the wives were  just so alienated by Kody even though he would tell a totally different story ha ha.  I just found this article, apparently Mykelti has now seen the light too.  He's a madman!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/why-kody-brown-relationship-mykelti-212905789.html

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
12 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I think Kody wants to convince Janelle that he is sort of trying to patch things up with her to get the upper hand, then dump her. One thing that kicked Kody in his ego was Christine had the nerve to leave HIM. Here Janelle has told him that she likes being separated from him. Kody "it's all about the ego, baby" Dickhead sees the slamming door headed for his ass, so he's getting his groove on to maneuver Janelle into an emotional "I dumped YOU" mic drop. 

Kody, Mr. Ipecac. 

See, I was rooting for the opposite! I would like to see Janelle get Kody to fall back in love and then kick his sorry ass to the curb in a most spectacular way. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
51 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Here's an article comparing Kody to Darth Vader!

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The problem is she doesn't trust Kody to split his time equally between her and Robin.

or her money 😒

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I need it to be hosted by either Leah Remini

Please God, make this happen.  Amen. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I am starting to come around to this way of thinking, just a little bit.

I still think she is the Dark Queen, and I think she had a multi-step plan to get exactly what she thought she wanted - sole control of Kody, with the OG3 on the sidelines wishing they had what Robyn had (besides cold sores).  She wanted to be HBIC and needed Kody to dismiss his other wives to make it happen, but she may have played her cards too well.  I wonder if she counted on Kody becoming the massive douchecanoe that he has turned into.  Her plan only works if the other wives want Kody too.  Turns out, there's actually a limit on how much they can take from him and they're starting to bail, leaving Robyn with a manosphere-influenced rage monster.

I mean, bravo for Robyn for setting her sites on Kody Brown and winning him away from his other wives and children.  She accomplished her goal.  But in doing so, she helped completely destroy the entire family to the point where everyone seems happier outside of Kody's reach.  And since we know that man lives to be worshipped and admired, he's no longer getting that from his family, except that Robyn still has to play that part.  I'm wondering if she's actually starting to become scared of him.  And now, there's no one else to take some of the crazy off of her hands.  They're all gone.

This is actually rather fascinating.  Marry a sociopath with a narcissist and watch what plays out.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Perhaps I'm fooling myself but I feel like there are moments in the show that I read as "real" and "unscripted." None of them are good actors.  And the moment in the car when Janelle makes it clear on the way to the restaurant that its not "all better" bc he got a rez at a nice place, I thought he visibly shut down.  I do believe he thought this was going to be like all the other times she left - that a cooling off period + a somewhat thoughtful gesture + a night of sex would return him squarely into Janelle's good graces for another few years. Then he would be making R happy by still being "plural" as well as hanging on to J's money.

I think for HER, it was an experiment to see if he would really talk to her about what she needs and wants, and she saw it in the car, that wasn't happening. He was 100% thinking he could manage her per usual and that's when she was like NOPE. 

Yes. He did just that. You can see the spark leave his eyes and he looks directly in the phone camera that is on the dash between them. His game of flirting with Janelle isn't working now.

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

As for Janelle going to dinner with Kody, I'm torn.  Sure use him for a free meal and don't give him the reconciliation with your money he is after.  But, on the other hand, has he spoken to Savanah yet?  Neither said, so I wonder if he has frozen her out for good.  He's a POS and I'm glad he had to splash out for a fancy dinner and got nothing for it.  And he was not dressed up.

At first I was annoyed to even have to watch Janelle and Kody go on a date, but once it was clear she was uncomfortable, I grew a little interested. When they switched off the camera, I was disappointed, until I realized Kody would have to pay the tab, instead of the production. That made it all worth it. I hope Janelle ordered cocktails, an appetizer, the most expensive entree, and dessert.

14 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I suppose that still could happen, but I don't think so. Kody may be out of (or mostly out of) his religion, but not his indoctrination. His method is to be so awful to his wives, that they leave him.

Janelle sort of admitted to figuring that out, a couple of episodes ago. She said something like that Kody is trying to do to her what he did to Christine and to Meri.

Kody has said more than once that he didn't want "that judgment" on him for leaving a wife. I always assumed he meant judgment from the public, or his friends, or church people, but at the end of this episode, he made it pretty clear he also didn't want "that judgment on him" from Robyn.

12 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

In the season 16 Tell-All, Meri said she and Kody hadn't been intimate in about ten years. It didn't come across as her being super exact about how long it has been (and maybe like Christine, she wasn't counting if he'd throw her a pity screw on her birthday or anniversary), but the Season 16 Tell-All aired in February of 2022. It was probably filmed sometime in 2021 (maybe late 2020, idk). 

Any way you slice it, it sounds to me like their marriage stopped being intimate years before both the legal divorce and the ensuing catfish. I have always thought (even before the legal divorce and catfish) that Kody shutting down having another baby with Meri, was his code for: we're done with sex.

4 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Which isn't the first time that something like that's been said. What was said when they couldn't sit next to each other or some shit because they would want to jump each other's bones. Or whatever was said.

He made a comment along those lines in one of the couch interviews during the episode this season where we saw their Christmas Eve celebration. Both Kody and Robyn separately touted how they didn't display affection for Meri's sake.

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If there's a tell-all, I need it to be hosted by either Leah Remini or someone on this board.  I need answers.

Right?! If wishes were horses, Laura.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Over time Kody starts to see sex as a chore and obligation. Sex with Meri is once a turn/visit, because Meri is Meri, sex with Janelle all but dries up and she's okay with that, sex with Christine is a reward for good behavior.

I pretty much agree with your whole post, GeeGolly. Just about the above, I do honestly think Janelle and Kody had a sexually active marriage. Janelle alluded to it a lot, particularly once Kody and Christine's troubles were starting to become evident. 

I think when he used to talk about how they didn't relate to each other romantically, I don't think he was using "romance" as a euphemism for sex. I think he meant they weren't lovey-dovey. And when he talked about them not acting like a married couple, I think he was specifically berating Janelle for not submitting to him, and for not asking his permission every time she wanted to do something. 

I think he used sex as the carrot for Janelle and the withdrawal of sex as a stick on Meri and Christine. I also think Kody played up his "we're like guy friends" angle with Janelle on camera for two reasons: (1) he didn't want people to know his fattest wife turned him on and (2) he didn't want Robyn to know how hot he still was for Janelle.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

That "conversation" between Kody, Meri, and Robyn was something else.  Starting with Kody acting like a weirdo regarding where he sat.  That island looked about a mile long and why did Meri have to hunch over rather than sitting down?  Then there was that ugly ring.  Sobyn totally picked that tacky thing out.  Meri realized in that moment that despite Kody's insistence that it was just a ring that it was on the ring finger of his left hand where the claddagh ring used to be.  She knew the score in that moment. That brings me to the next point, Sobyn pushing her to make her impassioned speech about still having hope and not leaving the family.  Either Robyn is really that obtuse or she is the cruelest person on earth.  Either way, I was disgusted.  And then comes the barndominium.  Not only was she supposed to live in some crappy loft with a stove and a sink and everything, but before that she was supposed to live in an RV including over the winter.  I felt for Meri in that whole scene because I think she was too taken aback to throw both their asses out.  In the TH interviews, she clearly has a clearer picture - or pitcher according to Sobyn.

As for Janelle going to dinner with Kody, I'm torn.  Sure use him for a free meal and don't give him the reconciliation with your money he is after.  But, on the other hand, has he spoken to Savanah yet?  Neither said, so I wonder if he has frozen her out for good.  He's a POS and I'm glad he had to splash out for a fancy dinner and got nothing for it.  And he was not dressed up.

I liked seeing the older kids hanging out together, but I don't want a spinoff.  I want them to be able to liver their lives without cameras in their faces.  I also have no interest in seeing the Tony and Mykelti show because I can't stand either of them.  I also noticed that that enormous beanbag chair had migrated to Garrison's house.  I hope it was the same one.  I would be dismayed to learn that there is more than one of those ugly things in the world.  

I also thought having a lease upfront was a great idea on Garrison's part.  I think Gabe would be responsible and pay rent and to his part in keeping the house up, but Gwen seems flighty and needs the rules spelled out ahead of time.  I did laugh at her closet comment.

One last thing I have noticed over the last few episodes that Meri and Christine are softening their positions on each other.  Meri has defended Christine several times in TH interviews and said in the tell-all that she understood why Christine left.  Christine has commented on how cruel Kody has been to Meri for years and that she feels bad about that.  There may be too much water under the bridge for them to ever be close, but I am hoping that they can at least be civil to each other at family events like weddings.  Mykelti is not there and may never be, but Christine is not in the place where she won't be in the same room with Meri.

She should have sent Savannah out to dinner in her place.  But since she didn't, I hope she got something akin to surf & turf. Kody really thought he could sweep Janelle off her feet.  You could see it in his face.  That he could come in, hair a' flowin', weird ass smirk and she would be dropping drawers.  

Robyn has a look on her face where she looks like she wants to challenge Meri but needs to still string her along at times.  One was a reaction to Meri saying she felt bad for Kody and the other was the look when Meri questioned the ring.  Which is pretty fucking ugly.

17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I found a new Sister Wives reaction YouTube channel- My Take on Reality, and he said the EXACT same thing. 

There is a Youtube Sister Wives channel by Reality Amanda.  She is on fire!  HILARIOUS!  Highly recommend.  Also a lady named Sas.

I watch My Take on Reality I am pretty sure.  The man who watched with his daughter and then had some thoughts on the show.  I like him.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, endure said:

I do think that Meri, Christine & Janelle have always been more independent than Robyn.  

When Kody moved in with Robyn full time, the other wives had only themselves to rely on. They had no choice but to take care of things without him. It made them independent. It was most likely when they started to realize that they didn’t really need him. It’s a proven fact that physical and emotional distance can kill love.  It takes a lot to keep loving someone that’s never around.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And Janelle, too - she was so happy to go out with Kody for her birthday and spend time with her lover-man, but also, she didn't think she could even hold his hand.  If this is her not wanting to show physical affection to a man that has written off her kids, then why go in the first place?  Because she missed him?  Why?

I think the why is that she was experimenting to see what it would be like and how she would feel to have his undivided attention for a little while. And I also think she got what she wanted - confirmation that this wasn't going to work. And a nice dinner, but that was a bonus, not the goal.

• Like 19

So, Kootie wants to pull his own version of "Flowers in the Attic" on you, eh Mer?

Meri! You're missing a golden opportunity, here! You should agree to the plan and let Kootie build his stupid barndo, and get all of his crap moved into it, including his books and other junk purchased from the manosphere.  Then you should just send the whole shindig UP IN FLAMES. ♨️ Extra points if you manage to get his hair care products up in there.

Heck, make it a pay-per-view event!  I'd fork over some bucks to see it, fer sure!  🍿🍿🍿

• Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Each episode I frustratingly watch confirms (to me) my theory to what has been going down for years, and this episode is no different.

Bear with me for a moment.

OG3 muddle through 15 years of dysfunction. Meri is queen manipulator. Kody, who once enjoyed having 3 wives vie over him, surprisingly doesn't like it anymore.

All the marriages suck - Meri and her apartment was orderly and Meri was always predictable, Janelle and her apartment was low key chaos, and Janelle was always pleasant, Christine and her apartment was chaotic and Christine was unpredictable and alternated between revering Kody and complaining to Kody.

Kody meets Robyn and confides in Meri. Meri did not introduce them - that is a lie. They concoct that story so Janelle won't split again and so Christine won't flip a nutty.

Robyn comes on board and Meri is shocked that she has lost control and lost Kody. So now Kody has two wives getting no sex and no intimacy, but they both stick around. So now he tries to quiet quit Christine.

Vegas happens. Christine is now fully aware of where Kody is spending most of his time. But Christine is broke. Meri tries to leave but is catfished. Janelle is getting lonelier and lonelier.

The pandemic happens. Kody barely makes an attempt to fake anything anymore. Meri is just hanging on. Janelle is trying to accommodate Kody and Christine is getting madder and madder and now has money. The pandemic, Christine's anger/jealousy and thoughts of leaving and Janelle's extreme loneliness is a recipe for a sister wife alliance - for the first time ever. Janelle now finds out that Christine won't tolerate being a wife with no benefits and Janelle is no longer lonely.

Fast forward to now (well 1.5 years ago). Christine is gone. Meri has to go, and Janelle is truly torn whether to stay or go. The problem is she doesn't trust Kody to split his time equally between her and Robin. Also her kids are mad and sad and Janelle is aware of the public watching. And Christine is in her ear. So she leaves.

TL;DR Kody and Robyn are assholes, but the OG3 leaving is more complicated.

I think Kody chose his first three wives not realizing they were smarter than him and not so easily manipulated by him and he adjusted somewhat but then when Robyn came around she was needy, dependent, and totally worshipped and obeyed him the way he always wanted his wives to be.  

• Like 11
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

When Kody moved in with Robyn full time, the other wives had only themselves to rely on. They had no choice but to take care of things without him. It made them independent. It was most likely when they started to realize that they didn’t really need him. It’s a proven fact that physical and emotional distance can kill love.  It takes a lot to keep loving someone that’s never around.

When I first started watching the show in the very beginning and not knowing what to expect, even then I was surprised by their independence but I do agree it heightened over time as he spent less time with the individual wives.  Maybe being in a polygamist relationship demands a certain level of independence.  In Robyns case I don't see it, she seems very needy and totally reliant on Kody and others to maintain her daily living. I agree by his absence and their growing independence financially or in general def made them realize there was no reason to stay.

Edited by endure
  • Like 10
15 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Kody, Mr. Ipecac. 

I see it differently- Kody doesn't want to be the "bad guy" who leaves/"divorces" (I don't like that they use that term because they aren't really married) a wife; he would rather freeze them out, let them get fed up enough to leave, and then (in his eyes) be the "better person" who stuck it out and ostensibly tried to make it work. Again, he is the victim; he was left; he did EVERYTHING he could have. Plus I think it gives him points when he is in line to be given his heavenly planet.

And that, to me, is why he refuses to cut Meri loose (in addition to being able to tap into her finances from her LLR and Lizzy's profits - if there are any). There is a tiny veneer of him sticking in it- but only for appearances' sake and to bolster his manly ego. He is so done with Meri that he has no problem admitting, with a disgusted expression, on national TV, that he is repulsed by her, but he will continue the fake "marriage" so he isn't the first to cry uncle. It's disgusting.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

So, Kootie wants to pull his own version of "Flowers in the Attic" on you, eh Mer?

Meri! You're missing a golden opportunity, here! You should agree to the plan and let Kootie build his stupid barndo, and get all of his crap moved into it, including his books and other junk purchased from the manosphere.  Then you should just send the whole shindig UP IN FLAMES. ♨️ Extra points if you manage to get his hair care products up in there.

Heck, make it a pay-per-view event!  I'd fork over some bucks to see it, fer sure!  🍿🍿🍿

How Meri Got Her Groove Back

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

From scene to scene, the actions of these people makes no sense, and they literally contradict themselves multiple times in the span of 45 minutes.  As was pointed out in an earlier comment, nothing they do makes sense.  They are so twisted in the webs of lies they've spun to keep this show on the air, they can no longer sort out what's fact and what's fiction.

Yup. Scene with Meri, Kodi and Robyn

We're expected to believe that: 1) Robyn hasn't already filled Kody in on precisely what Meri's about to say; 2) Meri isn't toying with Robyn knowing they all know what is going to be discussed but also knowing Robyn can't adlib worth a damn, so it's fun to make it awkward for her by acting coy.

They all have no illusion that Kody will give a damn about Meri leaving, but the scene has to make some kind of sense for the storyline playing out, which is that Meri continues to hold on for more than just the show paycheck, and that Robyn wants to hold the family together. Kody's so disengaged from Christine's exit and the prospect of Janelle following her that he doesn't even try to fake it. In the moment he plays along with the barndominium proposal. but in the talking heads he's back to being candid.

When he talks about disappointing Robyn, or losing Robyn's respect, it's that Robyn knows she's the villain in the story, and everything he does to chase the other women off looks like confirmation of what they're trying to deny. He's making her look bad by not trying. He's making her look bad by not keeping these women in line. He's making her look bad by not even TRYING in front of the camera to pretend that Meri has a shot, or calling his damn daughter on her birthday to keep Janelle from leaving and taking the franchise with her. 

They literally have nothing to film except with Meri. Based on the one and done earring caper, production clearly shut them down on expanding coverage of Little Tenders on the Prairie, which means if he doesn't meet with Meri or take Janelle to dinner, what's going to be aired? Christine decorating her new home?

Kudos to Meri for making clear that Robyn for all her tearful "don't leave me!"s doesn't call or contact her. Seemingly ever. 

Janelle and Christine have each other and multiple children with whom to film. Meri got some footage with her exterminator buddy.  It's clear who holds the power moving forward into the final season(s)/new followup series. And it's not Kody and Robyn. 

I did notice they acknowledged a 6 month time jump this week, so if they do it again we may edge closer to real time (reality show version).

Edited by kassa
  • Like 12
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Sorry but I don’t believe any of Robyn's whining about how she’s a victim too and that Kody has become a different person and so hard on her…. Bullshit!

during the Xmas video at their house Kody kept asking her to sit in his lap and they were exchanging sweet smiles and what about his new ring that he was so upset that Meri noticed, I’d bet a million dollars that’s his new monogamous wedding ring from Robyn.

They’re a couple of selfish creeps and the only reason Robyn is whining about Kody is to try and get sympathy for herself and hope to fool people into thinking that he’s treating her a lot like the others.

I don’t believe any of it.

I think Kody went on the date with Janelle to make it look like Robyn wants him to have a full relationship with Janelle, “see I’m all about Kody being sweet to the other wives and spending time with them”…. Ya right… nope I’m not buying what they’re selling.

I agree with you 100%.  I can believe Robyn would be okay with Meri hanging on, because Kody doesn't spend any time with her and Robyn has her wrapped around her little finger.  But, Robyn has manipulated the demise of this family structure and only wants US to THINK she mourns its loss.  It's the same acting strategy she used for wanting "a rennal," not a million dollar mansion she can call her own. BS!

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, toodywoody said:

So Kidney has the gd audacity to say he's never had time or been able to be in love or act in love with Robyn. What's the past 10 plus years been and especially Covid where he had been nothing but with her? The two he didn't get to just focus on and only them were Jenelle and Christine. I can't believe, I mean I can, said that. This mf has been pushing the other wives out instead of being truthful and saying that hey, I only want to be with Robyn, he basically treated them like them and their kids didn't exist and then says that they didn't try to make it work. We all know that he didn't, but really? Fucking seriously? The wives tried and he was too busy being in love and acting in love or whatever he said. And that's probably the deep down real reason that they weren't allowed in the house because the wives and kids would have really seen how they were so touchy feeling. 

He used to complain about it being exhausting going from one house to another but he hasn't been doing that probably since Robyn arrived by the sounds of things coming out, he doesn't have a real job that anyone is aware of so agree it just doesn't make sense that he hasn't had time to be lovin' on Robyn lol. He is too crazy.

• Like 5
  • Love 1