Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: The Writing is on the Wall

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

One of the side effects of testosterone is anger.

I told my husband when he's older to never get this idea!  Hey, if I'm going to run on zero estrogen, he's gonna have to run on zero testosterone.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

"I can build you a Tuff Shed, Meri.  It's the smaller place you want and you can use our bathroom!"

So Kody basically wants Meri and Janelle to stick around because if all three leave him then Robyn will be mad at him.

"TLC...ahem...I got us reservations at the most exclusive restaurant in Arizona!"

"But Kody is mapping out a future for Meri, so there's still hope.  And if not, we still need a house cleaner."

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 3
50 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don't know how much longer the show's money is going to be around.  I just read that on October 8th the day after Christine got married, Kody filed to close "Kody Brown Family Entertainment LLC".  However, he still has “DABSARK Entertainment LLC”.  Seems he wants to focus on protecting his assets for Robyn and her kids. 

I would expect all the original five adults are being paid on their own now instead of through one LLC thus disbanding the original one as its no longer functional.  

• Like 13
On 10/11/2023 at 2:30 PM, Fosca said:

The "fun" thing is, if a man keeps taking excessive testosterone, their testicles can wind up shrinking; since the testes aren't needed, why keep them around? 

Kody doesn't have to worry about that since he stores his in Robyn's purse or hanging from the rear-view mirror of Kody's her truck.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:12 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I too think Robyn is wondering when Kody is going to turn on her next now that there’s no one else to direct his life dissatisfaction. She doesn’t want ALL of Kody’s attention, just most of it, on her terms. 

1,000% THIS.  In fact, this should be the new name for her thread.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I love when I can fit a quote from The Office into other interests in my life...

Robyn wanted the Browns with their 12/13 children so that her children "could have 13 friends and none of them could say no to being their friend"...

Robyn wanted the Browns with the three other wives so that she "could have three female friends and none of them could say no to being her friend"...

Robyn wanted Kody and the Browns' teevee show so that she "could shop and shop and no one could say no to paying her bills"...

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I do think Robyn wants all of Kody's attention, in the same way any monogamous wife does. He is still her puppet and she pulls the strings when ever she sees fit.

I think Robyn's biggest problem, as has been mentioned many times is, she no longer has anyone to look superior to. Kody's memories of his wives will fade and the one's that don't will be the good memories. Robyn's faults will start to glow and soon Kody will find he married Meri on steroids. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

On the last episode, Kody made a stink about not being able to shower Robyn with affection, out of respect for the OGs. It was pointed out that he and Robyn never looked loved-up when they were alone. Today, I saw a picture of them that was taken earlier this week; he has his arm wrapped around her waist. So, either Christine's marriage liberated him, or he read what was written and decided to do something about it.  

• Like 7

I really think Robyn is upset the wives went away.   I truly believe she wanted to be in a poly family.   After all it's much better prancing around as the best, thinnest, most attention getting-est wife in front of all the other wives.  Makes her feel special.  Now she doesn't have that and she's freaked out that she's alone with this ass

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I really think Robyn is upset the wives went away.   I truly believe she wanted to be in a poly family.   After all it's much better prancing around as the best, thinnest, most attention getting-est wife in front of all the other wives.  Makes her feel special.  Now she doesn't have that and she's freaked out that she's alone with this ass

Robyn’s life growing up was in a polygamous lifestyle.  That is what she knows. She knows all the games and manipulations that have to go on to survive in that. She knows all the roles the various wives play in the life. She wanted to have that primo spot as the legal wife with all the power and perks. Now that there are no more wives, her dream is gone.  Lording it over the other wives was gonna be half the fun for her.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
On 10/9/2023 at 7:38 AM, Kellyee said:

He completely ignored Savannah and all her kids at Christmas, but Janelle wants to go out, so whatever. I think Janelle does what works for Janelle, and if it means her kids get screwed, then oh well. I've gotten this vibe at various times from both Janelle and Christine. I know they get a great edit from TLC, but they're not the good people or fabulous mothers some people think they are.

Janelle is separated from Kody because Janelle wants her independence, not because she's so protective of her kids.

I couldn't have said it better myself!! What the hell was she thinking?? After how badly Kody has treated her kids and all the hurt he has put them through!! She thinks oh well, I don't want to sit home so I'll go out with the asshole that's dogged my kids?? I don't understand her at all. This makes no sense to me. You treat people how to treat you and she's telling him it's okay that he abandoned her kids because she's still willing to go out with him like nothing happened. That blows my mind. What the hell is wrong with her?? I wouldn't give him the time of day!! I wonder how her kids felt about seeing that. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, Absolom said:

The same reasoning applies, but Gabe had two years left when they moved to AZ.  He was so disturbed by it all that he put all his efforts into finishing high school and did that a year early.  

I remember actually crying for Gabe when watching that episode when they moved. Gabe was so upset about leaving Vegas, his friends, his girlfriend. I think Janelle said he could have gotten a wrestling scholarship if he had stayed at the school in Las Vegas.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
56 minutes ago, applewood said:

I remember actually crying for Gabe when watching that episode when they moved. Gabe was so upset about leaving Vegas, his friends, his girlfriend. I think Janelle said he could have gotten a wrestling scholarship if he had stayed at the school in Las Vegas.

Not only wrestling scholarship. Academically, he ranked in the top ten for the entire school.

To his credit, instead of rebelling as many kids would have, he put his head down and completed 2 years in one at Flagstaff high school.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
On 10/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, Adeejay said:

As Christine alluded, Robyn has never lived in polygamy.  Her father's other family lived in another state.  And, she has never resided under the same roof with any of the OGs.  

And, Robyn made sure she wasn't living polygamy with Kody, either.  She monopolized all his time, attention and resources, making the other wives feel like divorced/abandoned families.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1