Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: The Writing is on the Wall

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Kody, who once enjoyed having 3 wives vie over him, surprisingly doesn't like it anymore.

Kody is older and tired now, in addition to being an asshole. What was fun and stroked his ego, displayed his fertility and met his sexual, emotional and financial needs, having 3 wives was fun. Now he’s in his 50s, has a bunch of kids (with actual personalities that don’t like him!), money from the show, and only one wife he actually likes, the rest are an annoyance- until he realized he would lose them and the gravy train.

4 hours ago, kassa said:

He's making her look bad by not even TRYING in front of the camera to pretend that Meri has a shot, or calling his damn daughter on her birthday to keep Janelle from leaving and taking the franchise with her.

Ding ding!

I think that Janelle knows the writing is on the wall (just like the episode said), but Savannah is still in high school, and she actually likes living in Flagstaff. Three of her kids are there. Given that most of the kids are adults and have lives/families of their own, it will likely be a rotation of who’s spending what holiday with whom based on where people are living, who’s single/spending a holiday with their partner’s family etc. Its something a lot of large families go through. 

• Like 18
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, Elizzikra said:

On 10/9/2023 at 12:26 PM, applewood said:

The "bardominium" idea was stupid. Why would Meri want to live in a room in a barn?

I mean, it was going to have a fridge and a stove and everything…

She may have accepted it if there was a Wet Bar 😜

• LOL 10

I think Janelle saw the writing on the wall when she was blindsided by the "legal divorce" and subsequent "restructuring of the family." But she can be pretty passive/low energy so it took awhile for her to leave. Also she had more young kids at home back then.

• Like 7

That episode where Sobbyn whined about how Douche hardly ever spent time at her house, I literally wanted to punch her in the eye brows. Then in this epi,when she's trying to force Meri to tell Douche that she's not really leaving the family? She's an absolute piece of shit. If you offered me a million dollars to say which one is the more vile human - Sobbyn or Douche - I'd be hard pressed to choose, they are both so horrible. 

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

MERI!! Get a clue and some self respect! He does not want you. He has told you that, over and over. I am hopeful you are picking up what he is throwing down. LEAVE! Go find your happiness. You can support yourself. You don't need this BS. 

On a side note: Robyn, you are 100% selfish. There is no hope for Meri and Kody. You know it. She knows it. He knows it. We all know it. Quit being a class a Biatch trying to convince Meri there is hope. There is no hope. You are a liar if you try to present it as anything else. 

And I hate Kody. What a horrible, horrible person

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, MamaGee said:

MERI!! Get a clue and some self respect! He does not want you. He has told you that, over and over. I am hopeful you are picking up what he is throwing down. LEAVE! Go find your happiness. You can support yourself. You don't need this BS. 

On a side note: Robyn, you are 100% selfish. There is no hope for Meri and Kody. You know it. She knows it. He knows it. We all know it. Quit being a class a Biatch trying to convince Meri there is hope. There is no hope. You are a liar if you try to present it as anything else. 

And I hate Kody. What a horrible, horrible person

All three of them are ridiculous. I think it’s the love of the show income that keeps them acting this way (I can’t think of another reason!)

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

They could have customized that ring for Kody and just had the horse's ass on it.

Yes to this!

28 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That ring reminds me more of Janelle than Robyn. Maybe it’s a homage to the ass-fire horses?

Ass fire, forever!  PS:  I hate that ring.  And the jackass wearing it.  And the bitch who obviously gave it to him.  

He wears a freaking Rolex watch, and didn't bother to get Savanah anything for Christmas.  He probably didn't give any of the OG 13 anything.  POS.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I am beginning to think there are many more "hate watchers" for this show than actual "fans".  Why else would TLC keep encouraging all the strife, "longing", sneakiness and hurtful people? The nastiness/meanness is bringing in watchers to be there for the final blow up which TLC will draw out as absolutely long as they can. As a result we get all these boring recaps, drawn out conversations going no where and all the bs in between. I think sadly "we posters" are keeping it going by all the posts/speculations on various websites. If we all went silent for a bit, I bet this mess would finally meet its just demise. But that would be soooo hard!! We all want to be there for the train wreck! :(

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, KateHearts said:

And that, to me, is why he refuses to cut Meri loose (in addition to being able to tap into her finances from her LLR and Lizzy's profits - if there are any).

Does Meri share any income from her B&B? I recall she met with Kody and sister wives when she wanted to buy the B&B but THEY refused to give her any money from the family pot to use toward the purchase. So...she ended up getting funding elsewhere (I think she ratched up her lularoe business and was then able to get a loan) -- the B&B is totally Meri's property and business. Of course, she may be dumb enough to pass over funds to Kody/Robyn while trying to get back into Kody's favor.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Finally able to watch this episode.

Meri - y’all know I think she was vile to her sister wives and their children for decades - but seriously. Have some self respect. Kody was gleefully villainous in telling you go live in a barn or just GO. He does not want anything to do with you except reap your paycheck. He all but cackled at you while rubbing his hands together like a cartoon villain.

Robyn - I want to see her crack her shell  in front of kody and on camera. She was so ready to yell out I TOLD YOU BOTH WHAT TO SAY, WHY ARENT YOU DOING MY BIDDING? She’s a psychopath control freak with a histrionic personality disorder. The end.

I want this to end with the three OG wives finding peace and contentment away from Kody and ROBYN. Kody will never admit his preference and deference to Robyns manipulation caused this family to erupt. 
I also want Robyn to be knocked off her pedestal with a younger, thinner (because those are the two cards she threw at the OG3) wife or two that takes all their money and runs before any more children are forced into this.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

No clue if she has shared any income from it. Meri asked for a loan from family money. She never wanted them to be partners at all.

4 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Does Meri share any income from her B&B? I recall she met with Kody and sister wives when she wanted to buy the B&B but THEY refused to give her any money from the family pot to use toward the purchase.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Does Meri share any income from her B&B? I recall she met with Kody and sister wives when she wanted to buy the B&B but THEY refused to give her any money from the family pot to use toward the purchase. So...she ended up getting funding elsewhere (I think she ratched up her lularoe business and was then able to get a loan) -- the B&B is totally Meri's property and business. Of course, she may be dumb enough to pass over funds to Kody/Robyn while trying to get back into Kody's favor.

I don’t think Meri will do that. The B&B gives her a lot of fulfillment (while LulaRoe gives her money), I don’t think she would ever give it to Kody. She’s emotionally wrecked but she’s not that stupid. 

• Like 8
On 10/10/2023 at 8:19 AM, laurakaye said:

Which is it, Kody - you want Meri to live in your barndo or you want her out of Flagstaff altogether?  He said both in this last episode.  I think he mentioned the barndo and RV knowing full well that Meri would not be on board, and then he could whine that he had ideas but she shot them all down.

And Janelle, too - she was so happy to go out with Kody for her birthday and spend time with her lover-man, but also, she didn't think she could even hold his hand.  If this is her not wanting to show physical affection to a man that has written off her kids, then why go in the first place?  Because she missed him?  Why?  The Kody she's missing is long gone...this one is just play-acting to keep her on the hook a little longer.  But what was with his giddy flirting with Janelle?  Was he just excited that Robyn let him out of the house for an evening?  How can he treat their kids together like absolute crap, but then be all "gee, like I'm jonesing for a kiss from her and I got all dressed up and stuff!"  

From scene to scene, the actions of these people makes no sense, and they literally contradict themselves multiple times in the span of 45 minutes.  As was pointed out in an earlier comment, nothing they do makes sense.  They are so twisted in the webs of lies they've spun to keep this show on the air, they can no longer sort out what's fact and what's fiction.

If there's a tell-all, I need it to be hosted by either Leah Remini or someone on this board.  I need answers.

I agree there is a lot of what appears to be contradiction or spin or..... maybe it's just poor editing, filming @ different timelines etc too?  But it''s always hard to keep things straight when there's a lack of honesty. I know when Kody first started changing from a total idiot to a madman I wondered if it was just manipulation to keep the show going. But of course way too much has happened since.  I would imagine they all still have an interest in keeping the show going, so def there's that too.

YES!  An independent tell-all would be telling and should be an essential part of all these reality shows 👏🏻

• Like 7
On 10/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, MamaMax said:

Good grief it’s like Meri and Kody are just in a contest to outlast one another. It’s just a battle of wills at this point. He doesn’t ever want to be accused of firing her but she will never quit. It’s so crazy. These people need serious help 

I wonder if Meri just doesn't want to give up being on the show?  If she were to walk away, she is probably done?!?

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Finally able to watch this episode.

Meri - y’all know I think she was vile to her sister wives and their children for decades - but seriously. Have some self respect. Kody was gleefully villainous in telling you go live in a barn or just GO. He does not want anything to do with you except reap your paycheck. He all but cackled at you while rubbing his hands together like a cartoon villain.

Robyn - I want to see her crack her shell  in front of kody and on camera. She was so ready to yell out I TOLD YOU BOTH WHAT TO SAY, WHY ARENT YOU DOING MY BIDDING? She’s a psychopath control freak with a histrionic personality disorder. The end.

I want this to end with the three OG wives finding peace and contentment away from Kody and ROBYN. Kody will never admit his preference and deference to Robyns manipulation caused this family to erupt. 
I also want Robyn to be knocked off her pedestal with a younger, thinner (because those are the two cards she threw at the OG3) wife or two that takes all their money and runs before any more children are forced into this.

As much as I have been on the Meri bugs the shit outta me train, I would love to see the 3 OG's put past differences aside and team up against the psychos named Cooter and Sobbin.  I watch a lot of questionable reality shows so I would give a show with the 3 of them a whirl.  I would like them to put liens in all of the Cooter/Sobbin properties so they cannot sell it until the OG's get their Vegas house proceeds back.  And tell them that Sol and Ari passed the tender stage years ago.  :)

Also, producers if you are here, PLEASE have them all in the same room for the Tell Little.  Having them separated last year really harshed my high.  We need live reactions to what they are saying.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, endure said:

Apparently Kody also didn't know the patriarchy isn't about horses. When he finds out, he'll lose interest. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 2
  • LOL 8
21 minutes ago, endure said:

I know when Kody first started changing from a total idiot to a madman I wondered if it was just manipulation to keep the show going.

He has said some truly awful things about his wives and kids for it to be manipulation, I think.  Maybe it started that way but now, I believe he's either deep into the manosphere, on some kind of substance, or is truly a sociopath (probably all three).  He may have vitriol to spew regarding his wives, but for a father to say awful things about his kids for a rolling camera and a tv show is unforgiveable.

Robyn has to be wondering when his ugly rage is going to turn her way.

And I understand that the huge pendant Kody was wearing in the photos at the mall with Robyn and the horse ring are made by the same jeweler, and retail for about $1,000 each.  If that ugly ring was a gift from Robyn to Kody, I don't want to know what it symbolized.  You'd think Robyn could've just melted down some of the fake gold from her MSWC overstock and had a ring made for Kody if he wanted one so bad.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Apparently Kody also didn't know the patriarchy isn't about horses. When he finds out, he'll lose interest. 

But will he let Meri live in his Mojo Dojo Casa House? 

• LOL 8
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

All three of them are ridiculous. I think it’s the love of the show income and keeps them acting this way (I can’t think of another reason!)

Agreed! There is only one reason to keep this going: greed. But I think even Kody is over the pretending. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

He has said some truly awful things about his wives and kids for it to be manipulation, I think.  Maybe it started that way but now, I believe he's either deep into the manosphere, on some kind of substance, or is truly a sociopath (probably all three).  He may have vitriol to spew regarding his wives, but for a father to say awful things about his kids for a rolling camera and a tv show is unforgiveable.

Robyn has to be wondering when his ugly rage is going to turn her way.

And I understand that the huge pendant Kody was wearing in the photos at the mall with Robyn and the horse ring are made by the same jeweler, and retail for about $1,000 each.  If that ugly ring was a gift from Robyn to Kody, I don't want to know what it symbolized.  You'd think Robyn could've just melted down some of the fake gold from her MSWC overstock and had a ring made for Kody if he wanted one so bad.

For a religious person he (Kody) has a lot anger and hate, maybe he needs to lose his last wife and get a real wake up call.

I gave up that it was manipulation to just keep the show going on his part a long time ago, there was a lot more going on than that with him!  He is such a narcissist which explains some of his behaviour but maybe some other mental health issues too, who knows what? His thinking is very grandeur, angry and delusional imo.  I agree Robyn has to be struggling, she has already supposedly been in an abusive relationship. 

I'm no doctor and have no right to diagnose anyone but he could have something like NPD, narcissistic personality disorder, who knows?  It's just odd that he has changed so much.

I just wanted to add the link that I found when I put in his traits that mentioned NPD

https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/narcissistic-rage

Edited by endure
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

It's gag-inducing, but imagine the moment Kod removed his claddagh ring and replaced it with the horse's ass.  IMO, that's a very symbolic gesture & indicates a intentional shift in attitude - and I'm sure he and Robyn found "solace" in that personal and private (probably even romantic but, again, I gag) action.

So no, I don't for a minute believe her dehydrated tears and quivering chin when she proclaims any of this had been difficult for her.  She's all in - and has always been all in - on causing the other women as much hurt, self-doubt, jealousy and  humiliation as possible.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2023 at 8:38 AM, Kellyee said:

He completely ignored Savannah and all her kids at Christmas, but Janelle wants to go out, so whatever. I think Janelle does what works for Janelle, and if it means her kids get screwed, then oh well. I've gotten this vibe at various times from both Janelle and Christine. I know they get a great edit from TLC, but they're not the good people or fabulous mothers some people think they are.

Janelle is separated from Kody because Janelle wants her independence, not because she's so protective of her kids.

So I don't completely disagree with you on this except there are some people who still believe in the whole "staying together for the kids" even when the spouse and said kids are treated like crap. When you look at Christine's upbringing and Janelle taking her conversion to polygamy seriously, I think they fall into that category. I generally think fundamental LDS do not consider children as much more than property. If they were, a rotating dad wouldn't be seen as enough. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

likely testosterone boosters, is that steroids?

Yep.  Anabolic steroids (the ones used by bodybuilders and such) are essentially testosterone mimics.  

The "fun" thing is, if a man keeps taking excessive testosterone, their testicles can wind up shrinking; since the testes aren't needed, why keep them around?  The body is very frugal that way.  I think if more men knew about that, there'd be a lot less steroid use.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

I wondered why Janelle has no money when they sold their homes in Vegas for a profit.  I read here that she gave $300,000 towards Robins house in Flagstaff ..... and Meri apparently did too!  Maybe that could be why they are reluctant to walk away?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-meri-janelle-both-gave-profits-their-vegas-homes-buy-robyns-900000-house.html/

Here's more on why Janelle has no money and the Brown family finances re Coyote Pass.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sister-wives-kody-brown-janelle-150830361.html

Edited by endure
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I'm a therapist, IMO, from the outside looking in, Kody does not meet the criteria for a personality disorder. I would attribute his behaviors to authoritarian religious beliefs, polygamy and likely, as has been mentioned, some deep rabbit holing into the manosphere. Add in the gaslighting puppeteer that is Robyn, 'divorces' and angry kids and you have Krazy Kody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

As much as I have been on the Meri bugs the shit outta me train, I would love to see the 3 OG's put past differences aside and team up against the psychos named Cooter and Sobbin.  I watch a lot of questionable reality shows so I would give a show with the 3 of them a whirl.  I would like them to put liens in all of the Cooter/Sobbin properties so they cannot sell it until the OG's get their Vegas house proceeds back.  And tell them that Sol and Ari passed the tender stage years ago.  :)

Also, producers if you are here, PLEASE have them all in the same room for the Tell Little.  Having them separated last year really harshed my high.  We need live reactions to what they are saying.  

Yes, they need to lawyer up!  I just posted a link about how much $$$ they invested in Robyn's current Flagstaff house. I knew they were invested in Coyote Pass but I was not aware of the house too.  I sure hope they are on title but the way Janelle talks I seem to doubt they are.  I think there should be an independent tell all.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Sorry, I typed in a response but I must've not properly saved it.  Anyway, it could be, @Granny58.  Kootie is a man of mature years, but he has the shoulders of a man in his 20s.  Hitting the weights could be behind some of that, but my guess is that he's taking something.  🤔

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm a therapist, IMO, from the outside looking in, Kody does not meet the criteria for a personality disorder. I would attribute his behaviors to authoritarian religious beliefs, polygamy and likely, as has been mentioned, some deep rabbit holing into the manosphere. Add in the gaslighting puppeteer that is Robyn, 'divorces' and angry kids and you have Krazy Kody.

Armchair counseling from me lol, but I pinned ROBYN for histrionic personality disorder. Is that remotely accurate? Honestly Kody kinda fits that too. Both are obsessed with attention from the opposite sex, need to be center of attention, changes romantic partners frequently (he does marry them lol), strong and loud emotions, blame others for their failures, switches interests frequently, impulsive, think relationships are closer than they are, uses charm and deception to influence people, discards people when they’re no longer useful. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Armchair counseling from me lol, but I pinned ROBYN for histrionic personality disorder. Is that remotely accurate? Honestly Kody kinda fits that too. Both are obsessed with attention from the opposite sex, need to be center of attention, changes romantic partners frequently (he does marry them lol), strong and loud emotions, blame others for their failures, switches interests frequently, impulsive, think relationships are closer than they are, uses charm and deception to influence people, discards people when they’re no longer useful. 

I could see Robyn possibly meeting the criteria for histrionic personality disorder.

While there is a spectrum for every diagnosis, folks with personality disorders typically have a hard time maintaining friendships. Kody had 3 wives for 20+ years and has a handful of guy friends. Robyn on the other hand...

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 8
29 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't see Robyn as "charming" or very "deceptive." She uses a victim/injured role to manipulate and her emotions, rather than being "strong and loud" are much more passive-aggressive. She and Kody do both blame others for their failures (Kody: "I don't know why Christine left. All she did was complain. I tried and tried to make things right." or- "Meri doesn't SHOW me that she is lovable; therefore I have no interest in her" or- "I've carried the WEIGHT OF THIS FAMILY ON MY SHOULDERS!!!" Robyn: "I dreamed of the grandkids on the porch, and Christine has ruined it!" or- "Meri! Please don't leave meeee.") I think overall Robyn is immature and has, until now, used her femininity and helpless damsel persona to keep Kody in her clutches; and I think that Kody has relied on the "man of the household/king of his domain" persona to hold control over his wives and kids. Now that they are mostly grown and his wives have been exposed, through TV, social media and outside interests, to the concept that they don't need to be subservient and silent, his control has slipped and so he is getting more and more frantic as he realizes no one regards him as the ultimate authority anymore.  

Robyn is willing to continue as subservient wife and has little children, so of course he cares about her most and justifies his duty to be with her and her/their kids over any of the rest of his "family."

Edited by KateHearts
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I could see Robyn possibly meeting the criteria for histrionic personality disorder.

While there is a spectrum for every diagnosis, folks with personality disorders typically have a hard time maintaining friendships. Kody had 3 wives for 20+ years and has a handful of guy friends. Robyn on the other hand...

I barely remember from psyc class 100 years ago it’s very rare for males to have histrionic pd, but crazy Kody breaks a lot of molds. Your assessment is far more accurate than mine though. I pinned Robyn really quickly, but whatever kody is, it’s some kind of self centered cray. Those two deserve each other. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I too think Robyn is wondering when Kody is going to turn on her next now that there’s no one else to direct his life dissatisfaction. She doesn’t want ALL of Kody’s attention, just most of it, on her terms. 

• Like 11
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

If that ugly ring was a gift from Robyn to Kody, I don't want to know what it symbolized. 

The horse symbol is probably to remind her that her man is a stud. 

(Vomit emoji please!)  

• LOL 13
16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I barely remember from psyc class 100 years ago it’s very rare for males to have histrionic pd, but crazy Kody breaks a lot of molds. Your assessment is far more accurate than mine though. I pinned Robyn really quickly, but whatever kody is, it’s some kind of self centered cray. Those two deserve each other. 

I suggested a few posts back that Kody could have NPD Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  I had put in some of his traits and that came up lol 🥺 I think he's in a flare up!

Edited by endure
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Kody could have been any man who 1) paid Robyns debts and 2) had wives Robyn could climb over to be Queen Bee. Icing on the cake is the TV show attention and money. 

Being the daughter of a side chick in a cult messed Robyn up. She has never carried about Kody past what he can do for her financially and how he can elevate her to “win” over the other wives.

Now since they’re all gone and the money is about to disappear again, she’s in panic mode. She’ll leave him claiming fraud and abuse as soon as she finds another husband. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Granny58 said:

One of the side effects of testosterone is anger. I think BigDaddy had some issues before he started taking them. If he did. If he didn't, he's just pure dee homegrown nuts. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
On 10/10/2023 at 6:09 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t understand….wouldn’t the drive for physical intimacy send you in a new direction?  Wouldn’t you be certifiably horny by now? I mean, I get the faith thing, but still…….

Show money might be the aphrodisiac that keeps her in her “marriage” and in Flagstaff.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, endure said:

I suggested a few posts back that Kody could haver NPD Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  I had put in some of his traits and that came up lol 🥺 I think he's in a flare up!

Personally, I think he is just an asshole, garden variety,

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, zenme said:

Show money might be the aphrodisiac that keeps her in her “marriage” and in Flagstaff.

Show money plus the exposure for the benefit of her other enterprises.

Without the profile the show gives her, she would be just another minion flogging overpriced, poorly made garments and Lizzie's Heritage Inn would be a clean but outdated BnB located in a dreary little town.

• Like 5
  • Love 1