Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E05: When the Going Gets Tough

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Christine's daughter, Gwen, has said online that the entire family had to pack up and move to Las Vegas because Dayton wanted to go to NAU . . . and the mama bear wasn't going to let him go off on his own.  So all of the other kids had to sacrifice their plans and reorganize their lives to start fresh in Las Vegas.

But wasn't that move FROM Vegas TO Flagstaff?  I guess I wasn't clear that I was thinking of the first move, from Utah to Vegas, as also being Robyn's plan. It sucks for everyone else either way.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, altopower said:

But wasn't that move FROM Vegas TO Flagstaff?  I guess I wasn't clear that I was thinking of the first move, from Utah to Vegas, as also being Robyn's plan. It sucks for everyone else either way.

It was. Robyn had family in Vegas. Supposedly  Kody  had also wanted Vegas.  

• Like 6
1 minute ago, altopower said:

You're right . . . my mistake.  

I've read a couple of articles about why they left Utah.  Most of them say that Kody was in no danger of being arrested/jailed for being a polygamist.  In Utah, they don't care if you're a polygamist as long as you are not fraudulently using welfare/food stamp resources (*cough* Christine), or MAKING MONEY from being a polygamist (*cough* like money from TLC for airing the lifestyle as an okay thing).  The Browns didn't want to face scrutiny on those two issues, so they scampered out of town just before the money from TLC started coming in.

I've also read that Kodfish was already dating Sobbyn before the first episode was filmed.  The premise was supposed to be what effect adding a fourth wife to a successful (ha) polygamous family would be.  

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

Do Robyn or Kody watch this tragic tale on tv? I can't imagine they do as they don't come off very well at all. Of course denial is something they are familiar with so it probably wouldn't matter.

Kody "gave too much". I nearly choked on my lunch when he said that. Gave too much of what to whom? He's an idiot.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

It was. Robyn had family in Vegas. Supposedly  Kody  had also wanted Vegas.  

I think what Robyn said was that her father (stepfather, Paul Sullivan) used to live in Vegas (prior to the Browns move out of Lehi), not that she had family there at the time of their move. Her family was in St. George, UT though, which is only a couple of hours from Las Vegas.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

New news:

• Well, none. Except that Christine has decided to try her acting chops and chew the scenary in her TH.  Don't quit your day job, Christine.

I agree, sometimes I have a hard time watching Christine’s TH’s because she’s so dramatic and reminds me of a teenager, I’m not sure why she does it, it doesn’t come off as natural or mature.

Don’t get me wrong I love that Christine isn’t afraid to call out Kody AND Robyn on their bullshit but her theatrics take away from the seriousness of what she’s says, all the gasping while rubbing her temples, holding her forehead, covering her eyes, making various noises, deep breaths, eye rolls, gulps and other gestures are over the top.

However even with the theatrics I still prefer Christine calling them out than Meri’s mealy mouthed worrying about saying anything that might upset Robyn or Kody.  🙄

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

However even with the theatrics I still prefer Christine calling them out than Meri’s mealy mouthed worrying about saying anything that might upset Robyn or Kody.

And let's not forget Robyn's dramatic dry crying on the couch about how her fambly was blown to smithereens.

• LOL 13
16 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He likes the youngest ones because they don’t realize what an asshole he is plus they’re his kids with Robyn and he also likes the older ones who suck up to him like Mykelti.

Exactly, the little ones won’t see his huge flaws just yet and are unconditionally loyal. The older ones get to stay in the fold if they’re willing to adore and worship King Kody. The moment they stop doing that, they’re out.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, altopower said:

And let's not forget Robyn's dramatic dry crying on the couch about how her fambly was blown to smithereens.

All the little birds on Jaybird Street
Love to hear the Robyn go tweet tweet tweet
Sobbyn' Robyn.tweet.tweet.tweet
Sobbyn' Robyn.tweet, tweedle-lee-dee
Blow Sobbyn' Robyn

The wise old owl, the big black crow
Flappin' their wings singing go bird go
Sobbyn' Robyn.tweet.tweet.tweet
Sobbyn' Robyn.tweet, tweedle-lee-dee
Blow Sobbyn' Robyn

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Tattooed Into My Soul should have been the real title of this episode.

Robyn sitting in a million dollar home crying about not needing expensive things is comical. Her complaining about Christine to Meri, who is being treated like shit by Kody, is sickening.

Why would Janelle stick a huge beanbag in that tiny apartment??

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Sheesh, Kodufus openly confessed to some nasty manipulative behavior regarding Christine.  Ugh. 

I hate it when a spouse talks about testing a wife/husband.  Why would you test the reaction of your spouse?  That is not loving it is manipulative and mean.  He set up Christine. 

Kody only really likes his last wife at the time anyway.  Christine was a favorite for 16 years.  Now he has another shiny thing.  Little does he realize Sobbin is like fools gold.  Shiny but worth nothing.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Absinthe Minded said:

I kind of wish that Ysabel, Truly and most importantly MYKELTI would politely turn down any invitations for sloppy seconds discount day after Christmas at the Mansion until ALL kids are welcome.

If that was me and my siblings were being excluded for no good reason like Savannah, Gabe and the others I'd thumb my nose at Marie Antoinette and her lap dog.

I think some of that is a result of watching their mothers accept 2nd rate treatment for years….. it’s a terrible example for their children.

Janelle makes me angry when she continues to waffle over Kody and whether it’s over or not, she’s admitted that her kids know how she’s been treated, her kids can watch the show and see how Kody acts towards her, plus if nothing else the way Kody has treated her children should have made her dump his ass a long time ago!

How can she even consider going back to him or giving him the time of day when he ignores Gabes birthday and ghosts Savana at Christmas!?!?!?

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

It feels like Meri has observed that Christine is still being included in filming and the money distribution, so Meri is figuring out that she doesn't need to stay in Flagstaff as Robyn's handmaiden and synchophant.(sp?, but you know what I mean). They can still get paid.

I agree with this.  I've believed she was all about the tv show and sticking it out so she can reap those benefits.  She finally realized, thanks to Christine, she can still have the show and be on her own in Utah.  

• Like 14

What we saw  last night happened two years ago. So I hope that she has wised up by now.  But I have my doubts. She still seems to have feelings for Kody. I want to scream at her to snap out of it. He doesn't love her and he treats her children horribly. Also she seems to think it might be OK for her to get back into a polygamist relationship. Bad decision.  

In the preview she says that she has an appointment I thought she was going to say with an ATTORNEY YAY!!. No it is with Kody. I don't have much hope for Janelle. She has made too many dumb financial decisions. And that is on her no one else.  It's hard to feel sympathy for someone who refuses to change her ways and read the handwriting on the wall. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Doesn’t Kody even miss Savannah? Want to talk to her or see her? I mean, does he have any feelings for her at all?

Unfortunately, NO.  It's all about the douchecanoe first, last & always.  I just hope Savannah doesn't have terrible problems with men in general because of his douchiness.

He is a total ASS.

• Like 11

I’m tired of these women rehashing the same story every week, so I find myself paying more attention to the background.

Meri’s house…where they only sit outside and freeze for some reason. She has an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit area, a hot tub, a giant kids play set, and who knows what else. WHY?? She lives alone! These people make the absolute worst financial decisions. Make it make sense!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, altopower said:

That's the way I remember it.  They ALL HAD TO MOVE TO FLAGSTAFF from LV because Day'un wanted to go to NAU.  And the rest is history.

• Like 12

Ok here's some stuff I noticed:

• Kody is a complete jerk.  Not even calling Savanah was horrible.  I'm glad she is angry with him.  I also don't buy Mykelti's feigned ignorance of the situation.  She certainly isn't responsible for fixing it, but saying after the fact that she was pissed is meaningless.  I still think Savanah was better off.  I hope she didn't get some pathetic Christmas in April or something so Kody could act like he met his obligation to her.
  • Christine needs to tone it down.  She definitely was chewing the scenery for all it was worth.  You can convey anger without all that flailing around and gasping for air like a dying fish.  Sheesh.
  • If I have to hear Kody say the phone goes both ways one more time I am going to smack him with said phone repeatedly.  Yes, the phone goes both ways, so he certainly could pick it up and contact his children if he wants a relationship with them.  Janelle is not holding her sons' phones hostage somewhere.  Grow up and work this out if it is so important to you.  
  • If the producers insist on using footage that is shot with phones, could they please do some work to clean up the sound?  I couldn't understand much of what was said in the scene where they were planning Christine's birthday party.  The subtitles were not helpful since they were tiny white print on a light background.  I wasn't interested enough to move closer to the TV to see what they were saying.  Then one of them talked with their mouth full of food.  What a mess.  Did I miss something or did that idiot Mykelti suggest Christine invite Kody's mom and his best friend?  This girl is nuts.  
  • I loved Christine finally coming out and saying Robyn can't be trusted.  I can't believe Meri sat there and let Robyn dump on her like that.  First rubbing her nose in the fact that there was another Christmas celebration that Meri wasn't invited to.  Then when Meri talked about tracking the time Kody was spending with her, Robyn had to one-up her by going on about the one lousy month when Kody was manipulating Christine.  I just wanted to tell Meri to wake up and realize that this woman is not her friend.  And then she had the nerve to throw Janelle under the bus about the big house that she wouldn't have at all if it weren't for Janelle and Meri handing over their money for the down payment.
  • Speaking of Robyn, what was that meltdown on the couch all about anyway?  It was pretty rich her saying that all the stuff SHE got was meaningless and the wives should have been focused on the relationship or something.  I really couldn't understand it because I was so distracted by the horror movie faces she was making.  
  • I'm with everyone else, why is Meri concerned about Robyn's reaction to her moving her Lulacrap to Utah?  She admitted in the car that Kody wouldn't care, just that Robyn would carry on about it.  Not sure if she was still holding out slim hope that if she kept trying to please Robyn, that Kody would somehow love her again.  Was this before the anniversary call where Kody told her he was done with her?
  • I admit I got a laugh out of Christine and Janelle trying to get the beanbag into the apartment.  Janelle needs to take her show money and get a better apartment.  She also needs to get an attorney and extract money from Kody and Robyn.  
  • Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Pixilicious said:

He's mad at janelle and he knows the best way to punish her is through her kids..

I totally agree with you on this @Pixilicious- but was wondering if Kody is so enamored with the loyal wife and her loyal kids that he almost has amnesia about the other 13. He didn't know how old Truely was last season, he forgot Gabe's birthday. He never mentions the oldest children cohort. It's like he is father to 5, not 18. So glad Christine's and Janelle's kids seem to be close. I wrote years ago on this forum that any younger kids should look to Logan and Hunter as positive male role models. 

• Like 14
6 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Do Robyn or Kody watch this tragic tale on tv? I can't imagine they do as they don't come off very well at all. Of course denial is something they are familiar with so it probably wouldn't matter.

Kody "gave too much". I nearly choked on my lunch when he said that. Gave too much of what to whom? He's an idiot.

Gave too much grief to his first 3 wives and 13 children.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t think we’re allowed to discuss that here in an episode thread. 

They've never referenced what the rumors of his off-camera business(es) are on the show, so I think you're right.  👍

5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

He likes the youngest ones because they don’t realize what an asshole he is plus they’re his kids with Robyn and he also likes the older ones who suck up to him like Mykelti.

Im not buying the “Mykelti is the bridge” bullshit, Mykelti and Tony are cowardly assholes just like Kody and as long as they’ll suck up to him and more importantly Queen Robyn he’ll act like he loves them and their kids… in reality I don’t think he gives a rats ass about Mykelti.

Nope, he doesn't care one whit.  She didn't make her debut from the Golden Vagina, so she doesn't rate with the Sperminator.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Janelle's apartment is awful. Tiny and cluttered. Bean bag chairs are not what she needs in that place. She gets some money from the show. Surely she can do better. Sell the damn RV instead of putting it in storage. I'm not sure I follow her train of thought.

It doesn't bother me though because Janelle lives within her means. I would prefer if she cleared out some of the clutter, sure, but she only needs two bedrooms and that's what she has. Good on her. Take a note, Meri.

They've never referenced what the rumors of his off-camera business(es) are on the show, so I think you're right.  👍

We know he's in "sells." So he sells stuff. I believe in the early seasons they did say he sold advertising -either billboard space or radio ads? That much is known, I believe, through the show.

I admit I got a laugh out of Christine and Janelle trying to get the beanbag into the apartment.  Janelle needs to take her show money and get a better apartment.  She also needs to get an attorney and extract money from Kody and Robyn.  

Dateline crossover! Keith Morrison would be perfect!

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

I wonder when Kody is going to wake up and realize that no one betrayed him. His financiers and whipping posts finally came to their senses.  The OGs would be fools to sit around and watch him give all his affections and their money to that parasite and her spawn.  I think sometimes he forgets that this is all on film and that we saw who did what to whom. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Agree but why is Meri always so concerned about what Robyn's reactions will be? Why does she care so much? She's so careful about what she says to Robyn as if she's scared of her. Ohhhhhh, Robyn will be so upset when I tell her I'm moving my business to Parawan! Again, why does she care?  I hope it's all for TV and not how she really feels. Just once I would love for Meri to tell Robyn the truth about her role in blowing the family to "smithereens". 

I don't think Meri is really scared of them at this point.  She's just trying to slither out without giving Kody and Robyn any reason to tell her she did them wrong.  Oh nooooo, she's not leaving anyone, she's not moving, she's just spending more time in Parowan for other reasons (yeah, right, sure)....(sarcasm).  😏

Just like the reason they pushed on her about how divorcing her was not about Kody leaving her but about making it possible for Kody to marry Robyn, which was only for the purpose of making it possible for him to adopt her children.  Yeah, RIGHT.  And I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell them!  😏

Meri's not going to give them the REAL reasons any more than they have ever given her or any of the other wives the REAL reasons for what they do.  Good for her, they don't deserve honesty!

• Like 20
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Some thoughts:

Sobbyn wants to know what happened to the big "happy fambly" she thought she was joining.  Well, no one told her the truth about how that was always a fiction.  Kodouche wouldn't tell her because he had his own reasons not to - such as because he was invested in pushing that fiction to the world via this TV show.  To be honest about that with her might also turn her off and he didn't want to do that either.  The other wives wouldn't tell her because they were all being sold the BS by that misogynist that if they played along with the "happy family" fiction/narrative there was something in it for them, either in terms of status with him or with the other wives or with money (or all of the above).  

The 3 wives before Robyn tried as hard as they could to stick to that narrative hoping that some carrot would fall into their lap, but it never did.  In fact, over time it became obvious to them that they were being lied to and strung along, although it took them YEARS of suffering and being abused by that bastard before they really woke up to it. 

It wasn't just about how much time he spent with Robyn and her family but his obvious feelings that favored her over the others.  I don't get them trying to pick apart how much time he spent with her versus them or the other wives.  That doesn't even matter.  What DOES matter is how much he favored Robyn in his feelings.  THAT was obvious to them and what hurt most of all. 

And there was no way the other wives were going to change his feelings for them.  It wouldn't have mattered if they had done everything he said they had to do to "win" his affections.  That was another carrot on a stick that was NEVER going to materialize.  But of course true to his form as a bastard, he was going to put the onus and responsibility on THEM for his lack of attention and true feelings for them.....And for a while they thought that if they just did this or that he might come around.   Until they woke up, that is.  I think the pandemic only made all of this more obvious to them and that's why it wasn't until then that they all started to realize that it was a lost cause with him and that he was only stringing them along.  I also think Kody stopped caring how things looked to them or the public because he was preoccupied with Covid plus as he noticed how they weren't so willing to fall in line with what he wanted of them anymore he stopped trying as hard to put on the façade of being invested in any of them but Robyn.

How Robyn can still be so confused about all of this when it is more than obvious to the casual observer of their TV show is just amazing to me.  She is still determined to hold onto the BS story Kodouche sold her in the beginning because she knows on some level deep down that if she admits he deceived her she will be the next target of his wrath.  So she is willfully denying it to herself and scratching her head publicly about it.  I hate to say it but in this episode she said a few things that were "on the edge" about that.  If he gets a whiff for one minute that she's waking up to his responsibility in this, she's opening herself up to a world of pain from him.  But I kind of doubt that's going to happen at this point anyway.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2023 at 9:16 AM, Shelbie said:

On every level she is furious that her status of being the favourite wife means nothing to the original wives and they have walked away from her and Kody.

Applause.

22 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Also. With no other wives left, Robyn no longer can be a victim of those horrid women and their offspring, so Kody won't be able to be her knight in shining armor.

More applause.  These insights are 100% spot-on.

Robyn wanted to be the object of envy from the OG 3.  She wanted to be the pretty, skinny wife that the others weren't, in her eyes (and Kody's too, I'm certain).  She wanted to play "one big happy famb'ly" but on her terms only.  When she got pushback, she ran to Kody dry-crying and playing to his delusions of being her savior first from that awful cookie-stealer, and now from his lesser wives and their mean kids.  But her plan seems to have backfired and she won the prize of a man-child who is so enraged at all of the perceived wrongs done to him by his family - initiated by Robyn herself - that he must be absolute delight to live with.  And to that, I say - Congrats, Robyn.  Enjoy your life.  You won!  hahahahaha

18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, sometimes I have a hard time watching Christine’s TH’s because she’s so dramatic and reminds me of a teenager, I’m not sure why she does it, it doesn’t come off as natural or mature.

I don't think she could turn that off if she wanted to.  But at the same time, I am here for her drama.  She has the benefit of being happily on the outside looking in now, so I think the overacting is a performance from the former most crapped-upon wife who is now secure in that whatever is going on with Kody is no longer any of her concern.  She can see that what was done to her is also being done to the other wives not named Robyn, so she knows she made the best choice, and that she was the first to leave the toxic sludge pond known as Kody Brown.  And maybe part of the drama is real, because now that she's out of it, she can focus on what's being done to Meri and Janelle - it's possible that she was so wrapped up in her own messed-up marriage, she didn't see what was really happening outside her own bubble.

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I hate to say it but in this episode she said a few things that were "on the edge" about that.  If he gets a whiff for one minute that she's waking up to his responsibility in this, she's opening herself up to a world of pain from him.

This fascinates me in a way that I realize is twisted, but that's what I get for having watched this show since its very beginning.  Robyn seems to not be towing the company line as much as she used to, or is play-acting at pushing the line, to make herself come off better.  I really want to know how Kody fills about that.  I 100% believe that most of Kody and Robyn's little drama sequences over the years have been rehearsed between the two of them so they are on the same page against the OG 3 - going way back to when Kody and Robyn decided to drop the bomb on the unsuspecting wives that he picked out her wedding dress - they planned that revelation together.  If Robyn is actually telling some half-truths about how Kody is moody, petulant, purchases over the top gifts for her kids as a way to compensate for his messed-up relationships with his other kids, is not fun to live with, etc., what I need to know is - did Kody give the OK for her to say those things?  Is this part of his own narrative that he wants to become the devil or run away from home?  I just don't see a day where Robyn ever tells the truth about anything, so when she pretends that Kody is a jerk or whatever, is he in on it to make his own stories that much more believable?

TL;DR:  told you I overthink this stuff.  😳

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 8
  • Applause 11
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wonder when Kody is going to wake up and realize that no one betrayed him. His financiers and whipping posts finally came to their senses.  The OGs would be fools to sit around and watch him give all his affections and their money to that parasite and her spawn.  I think sometimes he forgets that this is all on film and that we saw who did what to whom

I think they do forget it's all on film for the world to see and if confronted, I believe they would give a completely different interpretation of what we are watching on the screen. We can all see it, but they would say that's not what happened, not the whole story, editing, blah, blah, blah. K&R will never admit to their part in how this family has fallen apart.  In their own minds, they have sacrificed and given until there was no more to give, and that's that.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Absinthe Minded said:

I was secretly hoping that they were doing a dry run and practicing how to bend, fold, roll up Kodys body and get it out the door and into the dumpster in the parking lot. 🤞🏻

I betcha there would not be a witness to be found.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Meri’s house…where they only sit outside and freeze for some reason. She has an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit area, a hot tub, a giant kids play set, and who knows what else. WHY?? She lives alone! These people make the absolute worst financial decisions. Make it make sense!

I don't think there is a lot of modest housing in Flagstaff, which is part of why Janelle didn't find a new rental, when that little ranch house she rented went on sale (I mean, aside from her wanting to force Kody's hand to pay off the Coyote Pass loan, so they could build).

In one episode (earlier on during their time in Flagstaff), one of the Browns said that that enormous house that Meri rented didn't cost much more per month than the modest ranch Janelle rented.

I think Janelle is a good person to balance your books, or the checkbook, but I don't think she's ever been the financial genius of the family.

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

How Robyn can still be so confused about all of this when it is more than obvious to the casual observer of their TV show is just amazing to me.

I don't — for a second — buy that Robyn is confused about 95% of the things she says confuses her. Robyn is preoccupied with how the audience has received her. "Sobbin' Robyn" really bothers her. And a lot of times, when she talks about what people think about her (like the whipping boy thing, etc.) she frames it like she's talking about the rest of the family/OG3 but when you listen you could also parse it as her talking about audience opinion.

I think that's why Kody got so pissed off, for example, when Suki asked him about Robyn being the favorite wife. I think she wants that narrative to stop ON THE SHOW. I don't think she gives two shits what the other women think of her.

11 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I’m dying over this exchange with my wife (she’s the lyrical genius here)

0B272684-B8D1-4C7F-A45B-0818AD608997.jpeg

Those shots of her are hilarious.

If this is a musical reference though, it has gone completely over my head. What song is it parodying? 

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I 100% believe that most of Kody and Robyn's little drama sequences over the years have been rehearsed between the two of them so they are on the same page against the OG 3 - going way back to when Kody and Robyn decided to drop the bomb on the unsuspecting wives that he picked out her wedding dress - they planned that revelation together.  If Robyn is actually telling some half-truths about how Kody is moody, petulant, purchases over the top gifts for her kids as a way to compensate for his messed-up relationships with his other kids, is not fun to live with, etc., what I need to know is - did Kody give the OK for her to say those things?  Is this part of his own narrative that he wants to become the devil or run away from home?  I just don't see a day where Robyn ever tells the truth about anything, so when she pretends that Kody is a jerk or whatever, is he in on it to make his own stories that much more believable?

TL;DR:  told you I overthink this stuff.  😳

I overthink it too, but it helps me ignore what is going on in the world, which has been making me crazy as of late.

I agree with you on the Kody/Robyn shall we say... collusion.

That said, I don't think Robyn was in on the wedding dress shopping revelation. I think she was shocked that he sold her out like that.

I do think she was in on the plan to fool the OG3 into thinking she was having them help her dress shop and then really making it a her-and-Kody moment. I think that's one of the ways she stoked Kody's ego. She treated him like the big, competent hero and the only one who could help her, and he lapped that up like a starving puppy.

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, General Days said:

If this is a musical reference though, it has gone completely over my head. What song is it parodying? 

I had to search it out as it was in my head and would not let go. I am not OP but I am pretty sure that they are using "Crawling" by Linkin Park.  Great song.

• Thanks 6
  • Applause 1
35 minutes ago, ReclinerTurnip said:

I had to search it out as it was in my head and would not let go. I am not OP but I am pretty sure that they are using "Crawling" by Linkin Park.  Great song.

Ding ding ding! An excellent song by an amazing band with such a sad ending. The wife and I hate-watch with the specific intention of getting great screen grabs of Robyn's gumby face. She wasn't giving us much this week, but we got a couple good ones!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I live for Christine’s TH’s.  She’s finally free and can say what she wants.  

I found it interesting that Christine said she will never be Robyn's friend, after having previously said that she thought the whole family could still get together for holidays and such. All the Browns contradict themselves all the time. This family has been messed up for long time, and it's not just because of Robyn. Christine was never cut out for polygamy, and Kody has despised Meri for years and years. Janelle may have only stayed for religion and free childcare. You almost never hear them say any of them ever loved each other. 

• Like 5
On 9/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Cancun said:

Why would Meri continue to pay rent on a huge house in Flagstaff while living full time at the B&B? She said, “I’m not leaving Flagstaff” but also made it clear she is going to run both her businesses from Parawan. These  people are financial morons.

The only reason would be to stay on the show and get paid by TLC. She is at the point that she must admit that she was neglected for years, that Kody has absolutely no intention of reviving ANY sort of relationship with her, and that she hangs around ostensibly just for Robyn. Then we get treated to a beady-eyed Kody saying that he really works hard to figure out how to navigate relationships and their problems, and that he and Meri are doing just that (huh?)  Segue from that into how Christine "complained about polygamy for 15 years and then just left." No, she pointed out that she was unhappy and seeing huge inconsistencies in his attention and loyalty, and he chose to freeze her out because she wasn't conforming to his standards for her. Such a hypocrite.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

I found it interesting that Christine said she will never be Robyn's friend, after having previously said that she thought the whole family could still get together for holidays and such. 

She doesn't really have to be friends with Robyn to still gather with the larger family for holidays. There's a bazillion of them; they could spend Christmas together and never say more than "hello" to each other.

Why would Meri continue to pay rent on a huge house in Flagstaff while living full time at the B&B? She said, “I’m not leaving Flagstaff” but also made it clear she is going to run both her businesses from Parawan. These  people are financial morons.

The only reason would be to stay on the show and get paid by TLC. 

She might want to do the math and make sure that she is still coming out ahead.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, ReclinerTurnip said:

Thank you! I found the video on YouTube, thanks to your answer, and listened to the beginning of the song. I've heard of Linkin Park, but I've never heard that song before, so at least now I just feel "out of touch," rather than senile.

• LOL 5