Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

I wanted to add this tweet too. It's Tim singing a song from the movie "The Worst Witch". It was a low budget movie that was basically directed towards kids. It's a fun watch for adults too though. I was only introduced to it a few years ago. Not sure why there's a sensitive content warning. ....🤷‍♀️

• Like 6

Tim Curry was great in a lot of movies, but my personal favorite role is in a little gem from the 80s called Pass the Ammo. It was never released on DVD, but you can probably find it on YouTube. He plays a crooked televangelist to Bill Paxton's outlaw who decides to rob his church. Much chaos ensues. 😂 

• Like 5

Dr. Frank-N-Furter himself. 

It's too bad that now he's in a wheelchair and could play Dr. Scott his health won't allow it. 

Legend has to be seen at least once for Tim Curry gloriously chewing the scenery as a demon with gigantic horns who completely dominates the bland and terrible Tom Cruise. 

• Like 14
13 hours ago, ABay said:

He was hilarious in the best Psych episode, "American Duos", where he plays a Simon Cowellish judge of a talent show. Gina Gershon is also fantastic.

I love him in that episode. He's reviews of everything was so hilarious from the police to Henry's steak. But his best was his review of the guy who was trying to murder him the whole episode.

Really? That was your plan? That has to be the poorest executed attack in history. I was two feet away from you all the time. I mean, you have to be absolutely, without doubt, the worst murderer I have ever seen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Dr. Frank-N-Furter himself. 

It's too bad that now he's in a wheelchair and could play Dr. Scott his health won't allow it.

When they cast him in the Fox TV "remake" of RHPS from a few years ago, Tim suggested that he could be Dr. Scott because of his chair.  But they'd already cast Ben Vereen in the role.  Instead, Tim was the Narrator/Criminologist.  And naturally, he's one of the very few highlights from that special. 

(Ivy Levan as the Usherette was the other major highlight.  And bless the rest of the cast, they tried.  But there was no real need for this remake to exist in the first place.)

• Like 5
15 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love him in that episode. He's reviews of everything was so hilarious from the police to Henry's steak.

I may have chosen my small blue car just so I can say "I've been incarcerated in a blueberry."

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Here’s an update on Jamie Fox.  I hope he continues to improve.  I must admit I’m curious about what the trouble is.  

I heard someone on the radio say it was a stroke, but since they're being discreet with the actual condition, I'm wondering if someone made an assumption that became the "truth" in the absence of an official word.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4
12 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

So very sad.  I follow Bob Newhart on Facebook and this is what was posted:

"We lost our beloved Ginnie Quinn Newhart - Wife, Mother and Grandmother on April 23rd, 2023 after a long battle with illness. She was our rock and we miss her terribly.

- The Newhart Family"

• Sad 22
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I used to love watching Dancing With The Stars, so this was sad to see.  Len Goodwin dies at 78.  

https://people.com/tv/len-goodman-dead-78-dancing-with-the-stars-head-judge/

This shocked and saddened me as someone who also used to love watching DWTS and was even inspired to get into ballroom dancing by the show. Time flies, so I thought Len still was more early to mid70s and had no idea he was sick. The last time I saw him host (which doesn't feel that long ago), he was his usual handsome, charming self, still sharp and seemed so full of life. My heart goes out to his family. I know it's never easy to lose a loved one, but it's especially rough when you lose someone with his humor and charisma. RIP Len Goodman. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
2 hours ago, wilsie said:

So very sad.  I follow Bob Newhart on Facebook and this is what was posted:

"We lost our beloved Ginnie Quinn Newhart - Wife, Mother and Grandmother on April 23rd, 2023 after a long battle with illness. She was our rock and we miss her terribly.

- The Newhart Family"

Mr. and Mrs. Newhart had celebrated their 60th Anniversary in January of this year and she had borne & raised their four children.

On a less somber note, it is believed by many that Mrs. Newhart was the one who suggested the iconic ending to Newhart (1982-1990) that had Dick Loudon get hit on the head with a golf ball-. .then Dr. Bob Hartley awaken in a very familiar bed with an even more familiar wife Emily (Suzanne Pleshette) in which he recounted this 'crazy dream' he had about running an inn in Vermont where nothing made sense!

Thank you Mrs. Newhart for evidently being the wife of Mr. Newhart's TRUE dreams all these years! RIP, and I hope you get to catch up with Miss Pleshette, Marcia Wallace, as well as your father Bill Quinn (1912-1994) and other loved ones!

• Like 7
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Aww, my mother was a huge fan.  He was an amazing person.

Mine too! She had a big crush on him. I have her old copy of "Calypso" on vinyl, I wonder if it's worth anything. 

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I have her old copy of "Calypso" on vinyl, I wonder if it's worth anything. 

Some vinyl records are very collectible and priced accordingly but most seem to go in the $1-$30 range on places like ebay.    That might be a good starting point.  We gave away boxes and boxes of vinyl records in a move years ago, kinda kicking myself now as at the time I figured "who would buy these??".  Who knew that vinyl would make a comeback?  Not me!

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

Nooo! Even though he had a long life, its so sad that such an important piece of living history is now gone. May he rest in peace and be reunited with his friends and family on the other side.

• Like 15
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

Mine too! She had a big crush on him. I have her old copy of "Calypso" on vinyl, I wonder if it's worth anything. 

My mom loved him, and she had his "Calypso" album.  My brother has it now. 

• Like 6

I don't believe in any sort of afterlife, but I certainly understand it as a fantasy -- in this case, the thought of Harry Belafonte and Sidney Poitier being reunited for eternity is a lovely one.

• Like 4
  • Love 14

So I'm just playing my favorite song of his all day.

"Sad to say, I'm on my way, won't be back for many a day, my heart is down, my head is turning around, had to leave a little girl in Kingston town..." 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

One of my all time favorite episodes of The Muppet Show was the one with Harry Belafonte. Look up the whole show if you can. 

After the last few days we also have word of two celebrity births.

Daniel Radcliffe confirms birth of first child. No name or deets available. 

Rumer Willis had a daughter April 18-Louetta Isley Thomas Willis

Interesting about Mr. Radcliffe.

Miss Willis sure picked a comparatively conventional name compared to her own. I wonder if the first middle name of 'Isley' could be for the Isley Brothers? No doubt her maternal grandfather Bruce is a fan!

I hope the above babies and their parents are healthy & happy- and remain so!

• Like 8
On 4/25/2023 at 9:45 PM, Vermicious Knid said:

One of my all time favorite episodes of The Muppet Show was the one with Harry Belafonte. Look up the whole show if you can. 

Harry was one of the first guest stars to get heavily involved with their Muppet Show appearance.  In most cases, the staff wrote the whole show with minimal input from the guests, other than asking what particular Muppets, if any, the guests wanted to interact with.  But Harry wanted to use this opportunity to help showcase Third World music.  So he brought a tape of some songs to his meetings with the producers.   That's what eventually led to the performance of "Turn the World Around".  Jim loved the song (so much that Harry performed it at the Henson Memorial service), but also knew that they needed to do some of the more "mainstream" stuff too, in order to hook the audience for the duration of the show.  Which is why Harry ended up performing "Banana Boat" for the first time on TV on the Muppet Show.  And the drum battle with Animal was because Animal was one of Harry's favorite Muppets.

• Like 18

What a full and adventurous life Mr. Belafonte lived, voice smooth like butter and gorgeous as all get out.  Carmen Jones is one of my fave musicals, gonna have to watch in his honor this weekend….wow, only one surviving member of that movie left, Olga James (Cindy Lou). 

Godspeed, sir.

6 hours ago, Superclam said:

Sighs….along with Morton Downey, Jr. and New Jersey’s Richard Bey, Jerry was the blueprint of trash tv and I loved it back in the day.  He seemed like a good Joe and will surely be missed.

RIP JERRY!  JERRY!  JERRY!

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

One thing's for sure: Mr. Springer didn't die from a surfeit of good taste. ..

Regardless, I feel sorry for his loved ones who somehow loved him.

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1