Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, bencr said:

I have to say that a highlight of the reunion for me was Dorit's rightfully emotional recollection of her home break-in, only to be interrupted by Andy Cohen yawning (thus forever sealing the impression of Dorit as long-winded). So then Andy apologizes and a clearly annoyed Dorit steels herself and continues her story, only to be interrupted again by Kyle talking about how she was contacted by the people who stole the items from her house. To which Erika, who was married to a lawyer and thus is an expert on all things legal and criminal, told Kyle that it was a shakedown. And thus ended Dorit's big storyline of the season.

Kyle why on earth would your “close” friend have not heard about this before now?  If the mf who stole my precious heirlooms got in touch with me to buy them back, you’d be sure I have sent a blast text to everyone I know.  

Thought it was telling too that Dorit greeted Kyle with “hello stranger” … these are “office friendships” why do they try to pretend otherwise?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
59 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Jaimie Lees Halloween movie is on Peacock this weekend and it was a chance to plug it. I don’t really buy the crap about the charity but if it is true good for her I guess.

Kyles ugly earrings are painful to look at.

Rinna is trying to milk more of Lois’s death. What a gross creature.

It’s time to demote Dorit and fire Rinna, Erikunt and Diana.

There is ALWAYS product placement on these shows, especially if any NBC affiliate is involved. It’s no coincidence that Jamie Lee had that guest spot this year. They really could have played up the Kyle angle, though, surprised they didn’t.

If Rinna truly wants to honor Lois, she should stop acting like a bitch on wheels. While Lois may have been a firecracker, I really doubt she was vile like her daughter.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, escatefromny said:

Kyle why on earth would your “close” friend have not heard about this before now?  If the mf who stole my precious heirlooms got in touch with me to buy them back, you’d be sure I have sent a blast text to everyone I know.  

Thought it was telling too that Dorit greeted Kyle with “hello stranger” … these are “office friendships” why do they try to pretend otherwise?

Remember Kyle blasted Sutton for not disclosing her miscarriages that happened 20 years earlier before they even knew each other.

I am not surprised that the thief contacted Kyle to buy back her bags, (but I do wonder if the thief was charging full retail prices).  I have heard about this happening, can you trust a thief to be honest and actually turn over the bags he has sold back to Kyle? I don't think so.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Dorit needs to be demoted to a ‘friend of’ or be fired…. What did she bring this season? A home invasion that I don’t believe is a chance occurrence and not part of her normal life that is filmed. So without that unexpected experience :cough: what does she have going on that is worth filming? 

• Applause 3
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think I’m gonna have to rewatch the Diana part cause I swear I heard her say that what was sent to jaxx wasn’t a death threat.. did I imagine that? 

She very well may have. She was backpedaling pretty hard there, and trying to justify her text.

This is where she pulls her “I can’t speak English too good” routine…nobody knows just what the hell she says, which is her whole point.

EDIT — She did gargle something about her relatives actually dying, as if Garcelle was making light of that. Garcelle. Of all people. Again, Diana backpedaling. Poorly. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

I think it would be so cool if it turned out that this season was just a total long con by the Richards sisters to take down Rinna by baiting her into going after someone powerful enough to end her stint as a housewife.

I go back and forth between thinking there is no way they could be that Machiavellian, and remembering that I think Kyle managed to be significantly involved in  (if not entirely behind) Munchausen, Puppygate and Brandi/Denise and pretty much skated on all 3 things. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Dorit needs to be demoted to a ‘friend of’ or be fired…. What did she bring this season? A home invasion that I don’t believe is a chance occurrence and not part of her normal life that is filmed. So without that unexpected experience :cough: what does she have going on that is worth filming? 

I’d like to see more interaction with PK. Something tells me all is not happy in that home. Kind of like Adrienne and Paul back in the day.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

She very well may have. She was backpedaling pretty hard there, and trying to justify her text.

This is where she pulls her “I can’t speak English too good” routine…nobody knows just what the hell she says, which is her whole point.

Yea it was said quickly then followed up with my family had guns to their head or something but I distinctly remember hearing Diana say that’s not a threat cause my ear perked up like did I hear that right 

• Applause 2
6 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

Andy was bored when Dorit was talking😆

This was in reference to scolding the folks at home about how this is just a TV show and entertainment, and how nobody’s kids deserve to be threatened.

He was just few months late with his righteous indignation, and it seemed half-hearted at that.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Just rewatched

"In my country when you get threats they are ACTUAL threats" 

then she plays down what she sent  Garcelle as not a "real" threat cause her family was actually killed ...OMFG I cant with her 

I knew she said something off ... 

What is so awful about this is, she (and Erika, to some degree) started this by her tweets to her “fans,” then stepped back and enjoyed the mayhem. I don’t really care if these were “bots.” People who don’t have Twitter read this shit too, and can act on it just as easily as members can. She knew what she was doing, and if people in her family were actually killed, then she should know how serious it is when people reference violence — and it’s a million times worse when it’s used against someone else’s CHILD.

Her ass should have been canned and her scenes scrubbed when all this came to light last summer. 

“Asshole” pretty much translates across all languages, AFAIC.

• Applause 2
  • Love 22
10 hours ago, realityplease said:

Rinna looks up to the sky to portray "thinking" because that's what she learned at the Master Thespian School of Soap Opera Acting.

Sutton is staying quiet to stay above the fray AND to wait for discussion of the mysterious DARK matter to move on - before anyone describes what the dark matter was (if anything) - truthfully or accurately - or not.

It just hit me that Suttons little "dark" storyline at the beginning of the season was mostly likely supposed to be what "Aspen" turned into. It got ridiculously shut down and that idea died a quick death because lets look a little closer. Basically that storyline was headed towards racists comments by Sutton.  Sutton didn't panic in her handling of it and the others did a pretty good job of cutting Crystal down to size. I can't help but wonder if Rinna filed that away or maybe it's was still fresh in her mind when the Aspen melt down happened and viola a storyline is born. Maybe she thought she could get some more mileage out of it than what they got from Sutton and Crystals go round who knows. Anyway that's just me noticing the similarities in the storylines from the start of the season to the end of the season. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Erika, Kyle and Rinna are sending a not so subtle message to Crystal. Either fall in and tow the party line with us or we're coming for you next season. I hope she doesn't let them influence or scare her. 

Can someone please explain what the purpse is of the book Room 23?  Is it just to show a bunch of celebrities naked or is it about a famous hotel room that accommodates prostitution? They act like it is a piece of art worthy of coffee tables in the finest of homes.  And then we see a naked Rinna in a buble bath. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Erika, Kyle and Rinna are sending a not so subtle message to Crystal. Either fall in and tow the party line with us or we're coming for you next season. I hope she doesn't let them influence or scare her. 

Since Andy led the pile-on (maybe to discredit Crystal for when/if they talk about Erika’s tirade, I’ll truly be shocked if Crystal is even invited back next season. Clearly she’s who Andy referred to when he said in last weeks WWHL with Sutton that the biggest liar would be exposed at the reunion part 1.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’d like to see more interaction with PK. Something tells me all is not happy in that home. Kind of like Adrienne and Paul back in the day.

I have been thinking that PK looked off all season.  He seems depressed.  Even his interactions with Mo are not the same.  We saw Dorit berating PK often during this season.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I think the shocked faces will be too prevalent and faked for a good drinking game. But I plan to drink everytime the editors give us Rinna's smug smirk face.

Well,  you are going to be one drunk ass !!   Lol !!!!

16 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The lighting is usually pretty cruel at these reunions, and sometimes I think the make up and hair/wig/extensions stylists are in the back having a laugh.

It should be fun.😂 I’ve got wine 🍷 

I've got weed ...

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8
10 hours ago, bencr said:

I have to say that a highlight of the reunion for me was Dorit's rightfully emotional recollection of her home break-in, only to be interrupted by Andy Cohen yawning (thus forever sealing the impression of Dorit as long-winded). So then Andy apologizes and a clearly annoyed Dorit steels herself and continues her story, only to be interrupted again by Kyle talking about how she was contacted by the people who stole the items from her house. To which Erika, who was married to a lawyer and thus is an expert on all things legal and criminal, told Kyle that it was a shakedown. And thus ended Dorit's big storyline of the it 

It wasn't a highlight for me, but I did notice Kyle making it about her. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I have been thinking that PK looked off all season.  He seems depressed.  Even his interactions with Mo are not the same.  We saw Dorit berating PK often during this season.

I'm wondering if they are having financial problems and he is waiting for his house of cards to tumble.

He seems to be involved in some not quite legitimate business dealings (crypto currency real estate-?  WTF is that?), and we did not hear ONE word about Beverly Beach bathing suits, Dorit's co-branded wedding gown designs or any other fashion business.  Also, no Boy George sighting.  Just what, exactly, does he do on all those trips to London and wherever else he goes? 

• Useful 9
  • Love 8

I always wondered why Dorit never heard the glass door breaking and wouldn’t the dog have barked even if it was in a crate?

Not necessarily and even if the dog did bark, dogs bark at nothing all the time or at least mine does.  I dont always investigate to see what he's barking at.  Dorit's house is big.  Mine is probably  a tenth the size of hers and yet it's still hard to hear some noises, especially if it's on another floor.  Acoustics are weird.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, bencr said:

Diana's email to Garcelle was very much a threat. The idea that if you don't threaten physical harm then it's not a threat is utter nonsense.

So we’re supposed to believe that Diana’s email was not a threat, but Kathy’s text to Rinna was a threat? 

Please, please, please- no more Diana, no more Rinna. I’m not greedy- they can keep Erika, Dorit, and Kyle- just make those two go away.

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Could you turn to Crystal and say you are sorry Erika? Is that to much to ask?

She seems to have gotten the memo about "apologizing and taking responsibility" but not the part about how the most important part of the apology is acknowledging the damage done. She said "I was just saying what *I* would have done - I've learned that was wrong" and waited to be issued her Emotional Growth Badge without "I see now how awful that kind of talk is to someone struggling with this issue and I'm so sorry I did that to you."

13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is she a sociopath or a psychopath, I get them confused.

We tend to have them backward. Psychopaths are the calm, cool, calculating and usually popular people. They don't feel emotional attachments to basic norms, but they know what they are and perform them perfectly because they have a drive to fit in. Being charismatic and laser focused and daring can make them quite successful in all sorts of careers.

Sociopaths are the ones wreaking open havoc on their own lives and those of others - they just can't get along, do stupid crime, get caught, make everything a mess.

11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Another thing that bothered me about him was his lecture about bullying and death threats to the HW’s on SM. He better consider that text to Garcelle from Diana a threat because that’s what it is and do something about it. 

I don't think they care about the threat so much as the fact that she put in writing that Bravo couldn't stop her. And they aired it (which they didn't have to). Whether this was because she already quit or they already fired her, I don't know, but I can't see why they'd air it and keep her. 

I don't blame Kyle for wanting her stuff back (she was clear in the beginning that a lot of what was taken were things from her mother, and they're probably distinctive enough that they weren't fence-able). But surely Kyle and Mauricio would be savvy enough to contact the FBI and THEN negotiate?  Surely ANYBODY would be smart enough to do that?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dmeets said:

Since Andy led the pile-on (maybe to discredit Crystal for when/if they talk about Erika’s tirade, I’ll truly be shocked if Crystal is even invited back next season. Clearly she’s who Andy referred to when he said in last weeks WWHL with Sutton that the biggest liar would be exposed at the reunion part 1.

I don't think Crystal will be back, whether it's BRAVO'S choice or her own. I would not be a bit surprised to see her quit. It's not like she needs the money, why put up with this level of abuse? I also just read that Garcelle landed a role in a new sitcom  She's  been around long enough to know the sitcom may not last, but I hope she doesn't quit because of that and, even moreso, to keep her kids out of the line of fire. Wouldn't blame her, but she is the best housewife ever.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think I’m gonna have to rewatch the Diana part cause I swear I heard her say that what was sent to jaxx wasn’t a death threat and saying her family actually DIED .. did I imagine that? 

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

"In my country when you get threats they are ACTUAL threats" 

then she plays down what she sent  Garcelle as not a "real" threat cause her family was actually killed ...OMFG I cant with her 

You have it - when she was arguing about whether something was a death threat or not, that was about the legal threat text she sent to Garcelle directly. 

I'm trying to decide where on the intelligence scale she is. On the one hand she's definitely very calculating and plotting things out to harass Garcelle. On the other hand she does dumb things (like send that text) and I think that perhaps it's not shrewdness, it's just cold sociopathy backed up by massive amounts of money. 

Either way, hater her.

And speaking of questionable intelligence vs raging sociopathy, exhibits Kyle and Rinna. Both could have achieved their ends, support their friends, take down the people they wanted to take down if they would just stop talking. They always go too far, are convinced of their invincible positions on the show, and by doing so make themselves the villains.

I do believe that Kathy** said horrendous things when she was on her drunken rant, I do believe that likely some of it was racist. I also believe that Crystal deliberately  encouraged the idea that Sutton said something specifically darkly racist. (and I also believe that Sutton likely did say some racist things). 

All of that is true to my mind. And Kyle and Rinna could have let those things play out and let the women shoot themselves in the foot. Instead they went after them and went after them so that any point they were trying to make is lost. 

I don't say any of this as defense of Kyle and Rinna - who are indefensible at this point - but more as my view of how everyone is playing the game of being on a reality show.

**Re: Kathy - I don't like her. I think her daffy behavior is all put on and she's in actuality a cold, calculating woman who has the power she does for a reason. I think she knew she'd taken it too far with the rant in Aspen and was going to play contrite at the next event (Crystal's party?) and then Rinna handed her gold by going in so hard on her. Suddenly Kathy is off the hook and it's all about bully Rinna. And thus I'll add, though I don't like her, I can admire her game play.

• Like 2
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, shirazplease said:

Not necessarily and even if the dog did bark, dogs bark at nothing all the time or at least mine does.  I dont always investigate to see what he's barking at.  Dorit's house is big.  Mine is probably  a tenth the size of hers and yet it's still hard to hear some noises, especially if it's on another floor.  Acoustics are weird.

That’s why I’m not discounting her version of events out of hand. Things that don’t make sense from a distance, or in hindsight, may be totally true. 

What I do call BS on is Kyle’s story about the man calling Mo’s sister and offering to sell back the stolen property. That was just a way to deflect attention from Dorit, TBH. Her deadpan delivery of that tale reminded me of Erika describing Tom’s accident in the snowstorm. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, shirazplease said:

Many years ago we were frustrated because our dog was barking at the back sliding door. Hubby investigated, no one there, but he kept barking so we brought him in the bedroom and closed the door. We felt pretty terrible the next morning when our next door neighbor told us their house was burglarized while they were out the night before 

Edited by chlban
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

I won’t repost the picture above that looks like sociopathic Madison from Southern Charm - and is actually a creature even worse. But I will add a little something for these evil twins: 🤮🤮

Totally thought that was Madison! 

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That’s rich, coming from you whose breath smells of garlic, chardonnay and cigarettes.”

I think this was in a preview for next week, right? I didn’t catch who said it or to whom it was directed.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

But that said, it was probably a good idea that there was physical distance between her and Garcelle. Never saw Garcelle so angry, and justifably so. I wish someone had asked that snake about her tweet to her “fans” — “you know what to do” — before poor Jax got swarmed.

I don’t remember hearing about this. What was the context of the tweet?

• Love 1

Wasn't that bad breath comment made about LVP? It was several seasons back, but I don't remember who said it about it (or to) her.

I have been watching the RH of Vancouver on Tubi and I really wish that somebody could dig Jody Claman up and bring her on this franchise. I swear she could take down Rinna, Erika, AND Diana and not break a sweat! Throw in Jody's nasty daughter, Mia, as reinforcement. If you have Tubi (free with commercials), this show is worth a watch. It's only two seasons. 

I have read enough here to now question if I want to watch my recording of this reunion tomorrow night. I might just for the ridiculous clothes, but it sounds pretty boring. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I was surprised to hear her say that the home invasion had affected all areas of her life, including causing problems in her marriage.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mar said:

I think this was in a preview for next week, right? I didn’t catch who said it or to whom it was directed.

It looked like Erika said it to Garcelle but that could be editing.  I’m trying to guess who smokes?  It’s a nasty comment overall.

Andy teased that a big lie would be revealed during the first reunion episode of the reunion.  If that is Crystal talking about the dark comment I’m underwhelmed.  Considering how the season became so toxic as it went forward that whole issue seems trite even today.  Did Sutton actually make a dark racial remark?  Did Crystal make the whole thing up?  I still don’t know and if Crystal and Sutton resolved it, so be it.

On WWHL Andy asks where Mo was on the Night of Kathy’s meltdown and she says he was upstairs sleeping.  I’m sure he has hear some crazy things over the years and it doesn’t faze him.  However, i still call bullshit on Rinna having to lock herself in her room.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 3
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, bencr said:

Did anyone else feel that Andy Cohen's questions were much tougher than usual for him?

I'm not watching but reading posts here. I think Andy has to switch gears in order to save the show. He knows it, just like he figured out that RHoNY had become unsalvageable trash.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Her kids!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Noticed that, too. Looks old and scraggly, like he just doesn’t care anymore. Then there’s the DUI.

Makes me wonder if there isn’t (or was) something between Dorit and Mo, but I would think Kyle would be ballistic if that happened. Dorit and PK definitely don’t have the same lovey-dovey vibe. She’s been very impatient with him.

EDIT: On second thought, after posts jogging my memory, this may well be connected to the robbery, depending on the circumstances…

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

The whole Crystal, Sutton thing has annoyed me for so damn long. First off, Crystal bugs with her exaggerated "awareness" and need to be a walking, talking version of cancel culture ready to strike at any moment. I personally don't believe in this whole 1 strike and your out type of extreme reactions to particular behaviors but hey it is what it is. I think what doesn't sit well with me is that Crystal seems eager to highlight any and all POSSIBLE mistakes happening in a post woke era. Hey, I'm in love with all this awareness and accountability sweeping the nation. MeToo, TimesUp, LBGTQ+, etc. etc. but I need it to be measured and rational as well. Crystal just seems to want everything to be non problematic, squeaky clean, with absolutely no room for error and it just bugs. No one elected her the moral compass of the group and although I loved how she zinged Dorit with that very statement when speaking about Erika I find that approach a bit too superior when trying to paint a dark picture using a conversation about multi racial children playing in a pool. Attacking someone's clumsy wording while expressing a rather sweet sentiment is all kinds of counterproductive and just flat out wrong. And to be honest I'm still not quite clear what was problematic about Sutton's little story other than she used the word Chinese child which Crystal could have easily chimed in and said Asian would be a more appropriate word to describe the child (however, how do we know that the child in Sutton's example wasn't actually specifically Chinese?) so yeah that particular display of Crystal trying to place that exchange into a racially insensitive category was very disturbing to me. I found it to be a very irresponsible reach and lack any sort of self awareness. Crystal can go around and be offended that the sky is blue and water is wet that doesn't mean she has some authority to penalize someone else in the eyes of other people based on her very thin threshold of group interaction within the climate of today.

She went in heavy in her narrative about Sutton thinking she wouldn't really have to flesh out particulars and hopes that would be enough to garner support from the others. She thought it would be enough (because lets be honest these days it doesn't take much to paint someone poorly) to at least have the women question and hound Sutton throughout the season while making Crystal the wronged party to be sympathized with. That shit backfired royally because she misjudged just how liked she was by these women. I mean at least enough to take the baton and run with it for her. Nope, not at that level yet so it all just fell with a loud thud and she was left looking very foolish and rather meanspirited which is rich considering the company she keeps. She absolute thought she could throw that grenade and not have any blow back. My distaste for Crystal also comes from the fact that she was okay with doing this. That's a pretty hateful direction to go in just for some storyline drama and just like last season when she tried to vilify Sutton for going into her room (and that kinda backfired too). It seems like Crystal likes going out of her way to attack someone's character. She doesn't seem to have good conflict resolution skills cause whenever she does have a confrontation her weapon is to create some distasteful narrative about the other person and hopes everyone agrees that the details of the matter aren't of any consequence since what really matters is whether the person we are talking about is even worthy of getting the benefit of the doubt in the first place. 

I really applauded how she handled Erika during that first conversation (sort of since she still was a bit minimal and clumsy) but Erika's situation is pretty cut and dry so she can be confident in her assessment of things. The second day, not so much. Crystal is really not that good with her words during a confrontation cause she grabs at ridiculous points and details which then just jumble up everything and gets confusing this in turn gives the coven all they need to jump on her about how ridiculous she comes across cause she can't ever seem to be able to stay on point long enough to clarify her thinking. I mean granted its probably hard for her to keep focused on any one point because she's too busy putting her foot in her mouth trying to justify her out of pocket statements and weak attempts at being more enlightened than the others. She seems to think that its her job to police how they see things in this "new age" of censoring oneself. Crystal has appointed herself a guide for these new times and the other ladies aren't actually having it.   

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mar said:

I don’t remember hearing about this. What was the context of the tweet?

This was Diana’s tweet when this all started last summer, before the plausible deniability of “bots.” It was mean.

EDIT: From Garcelle’s page.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/garcelle-beauvais-son-jax-getting-death-threats-from-diana-jenkins-real-housewives-fan-army?source=articles&via=rss

“She also posted over the weekend that Beauvais had been unempathetic about Jenkins’ recent miscarriage, which was discussed on the show. Jenkins said Beauvais, a “fan favorite” (on only this, we agree), could get away with anything.

“Go on trolls,” she closed. “Do your worst.” “

I may have misremembered the quote, but the gist is the same. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Me too. I think she's one of the most likable people in Hollywood. 

I think the issue most of of have is it was a plug for something that really had NOTHING to do with the show (yes during the show they have plugged there shit) but this was just a step more ... what next they will stop mid scene and start talking about how the cocacola is the best coke there is and how it would be so refreshing while the watch I dunno Halloween kills? its just stop trying to sell shit for your parent company is what I am getting at 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5