Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Beverly Hills Blackout

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

Okay, so— So far, I’ve got:

- Erika sound like Dorinda. “I...*slur* needth-a...another drink...”

- Kathy has that disorder Brad Pitt supposedly has, where she doesn’t actually *see* someone’s face and have recognition, but for her... it’s only if the person is black? 

Just another day in Beverly Hills, I guess! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Why am I still watching this? I think have a problem.

ETA:  I’m only like 5mins into the episode. Send beer.

I have wine!  Will that do??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

It’s very festive for the holidays, but I am not a fan of Garcelle’s tinsel Snuffleupagus top.  She usually kills it, fashion-wise, and again I give leeway for a holiday outfit.  My best friend always says his holiday criteria is sparkly and slutty, so I get it!  Though hers is more sparkly and muppet.

ETA:  I shouldn’t give my bff all that cred right now, since he is the reason I started watching these women (hate-watching at this point 😹)

Edited by Miss Bones
Added stuff
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

So much to break down in this episode. So Erika is on multiple antidepressants and drinking and was inspired by Amelia? Hey, what about the Delilah and her mental health break down on Instagram? Maybe Erika can be inspired by that too. OK, Kyle doesn’t want to label Erika because  of her sister. What’s wrong with labeling Kim? She was an alcoholic and a drug addict.  What’s wrong with telling the truth?  Of course Mauricio wouldn’t have told Kyle before PK told Dorit.  It wasn’t his place to spread that information.  And wasn’t’  there a time when PK would have taken a bullet for Ken?  And, of course, the Sutton bashing continues even though she wasn’t at most of the events. Classic.

• Sad 1
  • Love 19
(edited)

I was wondering how Rob was feeling, considering that he was the only husband in attendance at Diana's party.  Didn't the Minkoff's get the "No spouses" memo from production?  Where was Mauricio, and any one of Kathy's male assistants?  We know that Harry Hamlin hardly ever shows at anything, and I guess Erika was just looking for the next young man to proposition.  

That was the lamest party ever.  All that chintzy decor and folderol (I am in love with that word and hardly ever get to use it!) for a few extras (probably production assistants), the housewives and Diana's kids.  So much producer manipulation there.  

Speaking of Diana's kids - aren't they staying with her for the holidays?  If so, then why did she announce they were her "first guests"?  (I know that was last week's episode, but I re-watched tonight, so that's why I'm asking....)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Hmm so someone let the tabloids know that ok got arrested for a dui? And that’s it!? No federal case made? No accusations flung? Take a look around lady because there’s one “hustler “ who was around for both tabloid scandals.

That preview! Wonder what that’s about. 

21 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

So much to break down in this episode. So Erika is on multiple antidepressants and drinking and was inspired by Amelia? Hey, what about the Delilah and her mental health break down on Instagram? Maybe Erika can be inspired by that too. OK, Kyle doesn’t want to label Erika because  of her sister. What’s wrong with labeling Kim? She was an alcoholic and a drug addict.  What’s wrong with telling the truth?  Of course Mauricio wouldn’t have told Kyle before PK told Dorit.  It wasn’t his place to spread that information.  And wasn’t’  there a time when PK would have taken a bullet for Ken?  And, of course, the Sutton bashing continues even though she wasn’t at most of the events. Classic.

Kyle loves a train wreck. It’s entertaining for her. She doesn’t want anyone spoiling her fun!

• Applause 5
50 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

94E6E736-D4B9-42F8-87C0-50C660A56D6B.gif.c4d4acd0fadb9715908c871ed60fd6bb.gif

She thinks Sutton’s absence is what magically made her apologize to Garcelle, and “transform” Garcelle into a warm and open person?  Bitch, get gone already.

My eyes rolled so hard when Diana said this that I thought they were going to get stuck.

• Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I just realized I can't miss this ep because my cousin, who's the only person I know who watches this show, is on vacation. She needs me to fill her in.

I told her that it's likely someone else will go after Sutton . . . for breathing.

I just got rid of cable, so I need ya, too!  🙏🏼😂

• LOL 5
23 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Speaking of Diana's kids - aren't they staying with her for the holidays?  If so, then why did she announce they were her "first guests"?  (I know that was last week's episode, but I re-watched tonight, so that's why I'm asking....)

Maybe Diana sees her oldest kids as guests since her parents raised them.

7 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

You know good and well that if Sutton showed up drunk to the party and sang with Asher, Diana's tongue would have made a complete trip around her head. Why does Erika get a pass?

Trash seeks its own level.

• Fire 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I think Dorit’s new “Princess Bride” TH look might be worse than [what I have seen other posters refer to as] her Widow in Mourning/Mary Todd Lincoln TH look, and that is saying something.  The silver lining is that neither look is covered in designer logos.

P.S.  even Mary Todd Lincoln made mistakes.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

I think Dorit’s new “Princess Bride” TH look might be worse than [what I have seen other posters refer to as] her Widow in Mourning/Mary Todd Lincoln TH look, and that is saying something.  The silver lining is that neither look is covered in designer logos.

Dorit: Renaissance Faire Queen

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

In the opening scene, Kyle going after that chicken tender and bbq ranch was pretty sad.  Like she never gets fabulous food and thinks a chicken tender is to die for.  Whatever.  She's such an over-actor. 

Sutton's ring!  Dayum, I'll take a solitary Christmas to get a gorgeous sapphire like that.  Her date was bad, almost painful to watch.  If I was that guy, I would bail right now, no third date.  I love Sutton's quirky side, but she seemed really insecure and that was not a good look, and neither were the shorts. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

That preview! Oooh Lisa, you’re so angry.

Speaking of Lisa, I thought these episodes were filmed during the holidays. So what’s with the Halloween mask during one of her confessionals?

155E202A-02D0-4757-AC96-72577BE7DE65.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

But Vyle only has TWO WORKING BRAIN CELLS!!  Come on !!!

Yeah, Kyle should never try to best Garcelle in a discussion. No contest. Kyle lost the thread in her own discussion.

I guess we finally know why Diana is on this show.

Erika's trauma is that she did not outlive Tom and inherit immense wealth. She's well on her way to trashy drunk.

Nice to see Garcelle in that chrome yellow dress without her engineered boobs hanging out. She looks divine in that dress.

I could see PK's grifter peeking through as he tried to convince Dorit he lied to her in order to protect her. She saw right through it.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

PK did not just have "1 glass of wine". Get real dude. Nobody on this show ever just has 1 drink.

Someone the size of PK will not blow a .81 on the breathalyzer after one glass of wine.

Unless it’s a really, really BIG glass of wine. Like one of those that can hold a full bottle of wine.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

I love Sutton's quirky side, but she seemed really insecure and that was not a good look, and neither were the shorts. 

I would love more about her backstory.

Aside from her father's suicide.

I feel like she and her mother have a complicated relationship, maybe. I can relate.

• Love 9

Good Lord, Sutton on a date was totally me (minus the kitten sweater and shorts), and it was painful to watch. I'd prefer root canal surgery to going on a date, so I felt for both of them. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

As soon as Asher grabbed the microphone, I had an "oh, no..." moment, but it wasn't quite as bad as I feared. Erika is drunk. Water is wet. News at eleven.

Garcelle continues to be my favourite Housewife on this franchise, and perhaps of all time. She takes shit from no one.

I can't wait to see what makes Lisa *so angry* next episode!

36 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I guess we finally know why Diana is on this show.

We do? Please tell, because I have no clue!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m glad Diana is apologizing to Garcelle. She’s still an asshole tho. 

That was an apology?

5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m ready for the outrage from the wives about Erika bringing up Rinna’s daughter and her “struggles” on NATIONAL Television  like they did to Garcelle for repeating what was said on the show in her book 

Or Crystal taking offense over Erika's tone deaf comments regarding her eating disorder culminating in that chicken nugget moment which all seems a bit on the dark side.  

Or Diana taking offense over Erika making her fiancé's big RHoBH moment all about Erika.

5 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I would have cried too.

For him to stop.

The boy can carry a tune but that was far from the voice of an angel. I wondered if he had perhaps been on one of the competition shows and looked him up.  He's apparently been in the business since he was a child and if Wikipedia can be believed at seven also played Chip in a national stage production of Beauty and the Beast...for some reason that made me laugh out loud. 

50 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Erika's trauma is that she did not outlive Tom and inherit immense wealth. She's well on her way to trashy drunk.

Judging by her appearance this season I think she's going to soon hit the wall hard as far as her looks are concerned.  I foresee her looking and behaving like an elderly Mae West at some point in the near future.  Throwing in the booze is only going to hasten the transition from pretty mess to frowzy mess.

3 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

It is funny and—call Alannis—ironic, how Erika is suddenly a brand ambassador for hair extensions, when hers look worse than EVER 

She always looks like she's on her way to star in a dinner theater production of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum with her 60's showgirl aesthetic. There used to be ads in 60's magazine for fake pony tails that cost something like a dollar that were supposed to be matched to your own hair sample. I think of that every time I look at her.

49 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Someone the size of PK will not blow a .81 on the breathalyzer after one glass of wine.

Unless it’s a really, really BIG glass of wine. Like one of those that can hold a full bottle of wine.

Seriously!  All I could do is look at his less than svelte frame and wonder if that glass was gauged in measurement terms of pints or liters.

Edited by ichbin
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

I actually prefer, Sicilian Widow. Maybe Sicilian Widow Goes to Confession, especially with that mesh peekaboo business.

YMMV

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9

Just wondering what’s up with Erika’s son that she had to spend the holidays all alone. Did he jump the sinking Ghiradi ship of thieves?  Could she not afford a plane ticket to see Mom or has mom disowned her? And none of her good (fake tv) friends reached out to her. How bout Mikey? Poor Erika. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

So Erika hates Sutton because she dared to question Erika when all the legal sh*t hit the fan, but what’s with Rinna hating on her so much? It can’t just be loyalty to Erika, surely? Is it jealousy because Sutton is a fan favourite?

Next week’s preview: Yikes! Rinna becomes the Hulk 😳

• Fire 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, janiema said:

Erika will be able to add her hair extension business to her bankruptcy.

I thought I'd seen everything when I saw pregnancy tests for sale at the dollar store...err, $1.25 store, then I saw they offer hair extensions as well

Erika....just sayin'

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Here’s the thing. A person doesn’t become an alcoholic because they drink too much. Or because their drinking is out of control. A person’s drinking is out of control because they are an alcoholic.

Garcelle keeps saying that Erika is going to ‘give herself alcoholism’ or some such nonsense. That’s not the way it works. That’s not the way any of this works.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Respectfully I disagree genetics does play a role in it but there are other factors that can lead to alcoholism 

she is drinking to block out she didn’t do that before cause she didn’t have the issues she had. If she isn’t dealing with the issue and is using alcohol to feel better and have fun then that can and does lead to a bigger issue of dependency 

it’s like a mother picking up drinking more after a child dies and becomes a alcoholic when she could drink fine before the incident … it does happen 

Again Not everyone becomes an alcoholic or is one just from drinking excessive because of these issues IF they spot the dependency before it becomes the bigger issue then the issues its covering 

Is she really doing this just for the show and a storyline or is this an actual problem becomes the real question and that I just don’t know 

Your culture, religion, family and work influence many of your behaviors, including drinking. Family plays the biggest role in a person's likelihood of developing alcoholism. Children who are exposed to alcohol abuse from an early age are more at risk of falling into a dangerous drinking pattern

Edited by Keywestclubkid
I didn’t like the tone that was coming across
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
(edited)

I felt a little bad for Diana’s son when he was singing. He wasn’t that bad and Erika was an a-hole. Of course, he wasn’t all that good either. I didn’t know why some of the ladies were tearing up. It couldn’t have been the singing, maybe they ran out of chicken tenders.

Speaking of the tenders, it was odd that they left off last week with To Be Continued and here we are continued and Crystal just sat down quietly.  The matriarch of eating disorders, Rinna just stared at her uncomfortably and not another word was said.

I had forgotten about PKs DUI or was it a ticket? Every time this happens on a real housewives show, they always say they had one glass of wine. Bullshit. Anyway these two are trying to get some momentum going from their problems but nobody seems to care. 

11 hours ago, Jel said:

Hmm so someone let the tabloids know that ok got arrested for a dui? And that’s it!? No federal case made? No accusations flung? Take a look around lady because there’s one “hustler “ who was around for both tabloid scandals.

That preview! Wonder what that’s about. 

Kyle loves a train wreck. It’s entertaining for her. She doesn’t want anyone spoiling her fun!

Did you mean to call him “ok?” 🤣 I love it. Plus, that’s what I thought when they had their discussion….OK!

Isn’t being a sloppy drunk real housewife lucrative enough? Do the stupid side gigs like hair extensions really make money? I can see where the books are a bit of gravy but I can’t see sinking a lot of $ into these ventures. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Just wondering what’s up with Erika’s son that she had to spend the holidays all alone. Did he jump the sinking Ghiradi ship of thieves?  Could she not afford a plane ticket to see Mom or has mom disowned her? And none of her good (fake tv) friends reached out to her. How bout Mikey? Poor Erika. 

I agree....that was the first thing I thought of, too!  Where was her son?  Did he have to work, or is he completely avoiding his Mom these days?  

Plus, Erika made it seem like they were one big happy family when she was with Tom, talking about happy memories.  From what I've read, I don't think Tom's older children spent any type of family time with Erika.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

I agree. The glass must have been Big Lou from Cougartown.Coug864BigJoe.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Rinna has certainly created a revisionist history of her relationship with her mother. If I recall correctly, in her initial season she took her spawn back to her hometown - the one populated by "chubs" and said that they hadn't seen her mother in five years or so. So how did she manage to spend "every Christmas" with Lois. 

My cynical heart thinks she connected with Lois for the show because it created a sympathetic story line. 

The editors seem to enjoy tracking Erika's consumption of drinks. 

It astounds me that anyone would buy fake hair from Erika. Whenever she is photographed when her glam squad hasn't spent hours doing her hair and makeup, her hair looks like shit. I mean literally worse than most people's *normal* hair because it is so damaged and processed. It is like overweight out of shape Drew on the Atlanta franchise being involved in a weight loss/fitness thing. The editors there did a great side by side before and after photo when she "claimed" to have lost significant weight on the program and she looked identical in both photos.

• Applause 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

Since the tabloids found out about PK’s DUI, I am guessing Dorit had confided in Lisa.

Don't be surprised if they find a way to blame LVP.

• Wink 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Come on, Sutton, you did NOT grow up in the "punk scene." (It just seems highly unlikely to me that she was some huge Sex Pistols fan).

My neighbor is this holier than though, I won't get Covid because Jesus protects me and I only listen to Christian music type.  Her sister showed me pictures of her punk rock days. The days when said sister had to take custody of her kids due to drug use and neglect. You really never know about people.  

• Love 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

It's a good thing this wasn't a David Foster event. He'd have blown a gasket at Erika's sing-along.

I wish it was.  He'd probably kick Asher out too.

Edited by mytmo
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I felt a little bad for Diana’s son when he was singing. He wasn’t that bad and Erika was an a-hole. Of course, he wasn’t all that good either. I didn’t know why some of the ladies were tearing up. It couldn’t have been the singing, maybe they ran out of chicken tenders.

Speaking of the tenders, it was odd that they left off last week with To Be Continued and here we are continued and Crystal just sat down quietly.  The matriarch of eating disorders, Rinna just stared at her uncomfortably and not another word was said.

I had forgotten about PKs DUI or was it a ticket? Every time this happens on a real housewives show, they always say they had one glass of wine. Bullshit. Anyway these two are trying to get some momentum going from their problems but nobody seems to care. 

Did you mean to call him “ok?” 🤣 I love it. Plus, that’s what I thought when they had their discussion….OK!

Isn’t being a sloppy drunk real housewife lucrative enough? Do the stupid side gigs like hair extensions really make money? I can see where the books are a bit of gravy but I can’t see sinking a lot of $ into these ventures. 

Haha didn’t notice. Cheeky autocorrect!

Erika and her hair extensions. Someone needs to explain to her that her 15 minutes are up.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3

The scene with PK made me think:  could there be another big lie regarding recent events??? 

What would make me think such a thing????? 

Erika becomes more loathsome with every episode and I thought she peaked on that last week.  She wallows in her misery and yet never mentions that her husband built a career on a pyramid scheme.  The real heartache should be that betrayal, that hypocrisy.   I wonder why she never mentions this or never seems bothered by that.  She only talks about the things she lost, the things that she says she doesn't miss but that which she talks about anyway.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh lord this poor guy is allowing this date to be filmed? This has disaster written all over it.

The date was an exercise in horrible awkwardness and the outfit looked like something a 15 year old would wear and then regret.   Then the scratching....oh my word. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

I am single by choice and don't have any family nearby. Other than 2020, pre vaccine Covid, I have never had less than 2 invitations from friends, and I am not a person with tons of friends, to spend Christmas with them. Back when I was married and we used to host Christmas dinner, we almost always had at least one single friend or couple join us once we realized they would have no plans for the day. I think it is very telling that none of these women that felt so bad for Erika, invited her to dinner. One of my closest friends, also single by choice, has the same experience. We have discussed it how we know people are being kind even though we both prefer to stay home. But then when we do go to our friends houses on other occasions we don't create scenes and berate their other guests. 

If these fake bitches rely cared about Erika, she would have been invited somewhere. Karma's a bitch.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

I agree. The glass must have been Big Lou from Cougartown.Coug864BigJoe.jpg

RIP Big Lou!

Lmao at PK having one glass. I don't drink, and even I know you don't get a Deewee from that when you're a man his size. ..Unless he borrowed Dorinda's glass?

5B719F3D-2C39-4D41-954A-370C5BC57C2C.jpeg.a8b385d991eff3fd408dc4b9e56f49bf.jpeg

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I said it in the first episode and I'll say it again, I don't believe Erika is having any sex with anyone. Also, the audacity of her saying Sutton is a liability but Erika is the one with multiple lawsuits. I hate the way these women treat Erika as if she was some victim who's been through trauma. 

I'm hoping the date was only awkward because they were being filmed. Didn't Sutton say they had a few dates before?

I didn't think Asher's singing was that bad but I cringed during Erika's interruptions. Had that been Sutton or Garcelle, you know Diana would have made it a huge issue. Rinna probably would have backed her up.

• Applause 1
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, dmeets said:

That preview! Oooh Lisa, you’re so angry.

Speaking of Lisa, I thought these episodes were filmed during the holidays. So what’s with the Halloween mask during one of her confessionals?

155E202A-02D0-4757-AC96-72577BE7DE65.jpeg

Wellllllll... now I know why Lisa usually wears a hairstyle or wig that has bangs. I thought this was one of those face-morphed, silly pictures at first! That's a very "take me to your leader" lewk. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 4