Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E10: Tell a Good Lie, Not a Stupid Lie

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

One castaway lands a win in the reward challenge, earning a chance to nurture social bonds during a pivotal moment in the game.

Original airdate 5/4/22

(edited)

I guess even this forum thought it was a boring episode tonight and checked out lol

Mike is a puppet all right.  Just not to the person he thinks.

Omar, I like you, but you are beyond Hai territory of being overconfident.  Being the person everyone comes to and trusts isn’t always good.  Well played on the lie to Mike, but be careful.

My favorite TC exchange:

MaryAnne: rambles on about the similarities between Survivor and Jenga

Probst: Jonathan, did you get that?

Jonathan with a straight face and deadpan tone: Yes

Also Jonathan: can’t come up with a coherent response to what Lindsay said.

I really thought the Hai vote was too obvious tonight.  I would have bet money Jonathan went home.  I’m sorry to see Hai leave, but glad he went out on a high note.  As long as I made the merge I guess I’d be happy to be blindsided and tell myself it was a badge of honor that they wanted me gone.

BTW, was Romeo once again left out of the vote?  I know he told Omar he heard it was between Jonathan and Hai, but did he know Hai was going home?  He was the only other Jonathan vote.

Also, can someone explain the amulet thing to me?  With Hai gone, Lindsey and Drea are in steal-a-vote territory.  Are they allowed to steal each others?  Or does it have to be someone else's?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I guess even this forum thought it was a boring episode tonight and checked out lol

Mike is a puppet all right.  Just not to the person he thinks.

Omar, I like you, but you are beyond Hai territory of being overconfident.  Being the person everyone comes to and trusts isn’t always good.  Well played on the lie to Mike, but be careful.

My favorite TC exchange:

Also Jonathan: can’t come up with a coherent response to what Lindsay said.

I really thought the Hai vote was too obvious tonight.  I would have bet money Jonathan went home.  I’m sorry to see Hai leave, but glad he went out on a high note.  As long as I made the merge I guess I’d be happy to be blindsided and tell myself it was a badge of honor that they wanted me gone.

BTW, was Romeo once again left out of the vote?  I know he told Omar he heard it was between Jonathan and Hai, but did he know Hai was going home?  He was the only other Jonathan vote.

Primertimer's forums were down for me until a few minutes ago. Maybe that happened to other people as well.

I figured Hai was going when we not only saw his backstory but also saw Jonathan get very little airtime until after the immunity challenge. 

Romeo and Drea had a pretty quiet night.

Happy to see more of Lindsay!

• Love 4

Bye bye Hai.  Good on Lindsey for winning the two challenges, but now she has a target on her.   Jonathan is surprisingly good at balance tasks for a guy his size…I guess surfing has some balance benefits. 

I like Omar, I really do…although he took a real risk making up a complete fabrication about Hai.  And then that power went to his head.  But Lindsey and Drea had a vested interest in getting rid of Hainso their amulets grow in power.  Next week I fully expect to see them turn on each other.

And I almost forgot…good observational skills for MaryAnne.  Now I hope she can stick to her guns and keep it to herself  

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

My favorite TC exchange:

And Maryanne's fist pump! Like, yes, someone understood me!

Ahh, this is the kind of episode I can get behind, where the two options for the boot are equally advantageous for me. Jonathan or Hai? I don't care which one goes, wheee! *sits back enjoying a nice beverage*

My title for this episode is "Lindsay Comes Alive!" Her two challenge wins of course, but also her evil laugh with Drea, and her cheerful responses to Jeff at the reward challenge as everyone else is near death.

J: "Are you ready to do this challenge?"

L: "Yah!"

J: "This will be a fun one."

L: "Yay!"

She was the only one answering him 😆

And Hai's exit was like the Bizarro version of Chanelle's, with him overcompensating by being impressed with the blindside, and returning their "love you!"s. I prefer Chanelle's approach 😆

11 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Also, can someone explain the amulet thing to me?  With Hai gone, Lindsey and Drea are in steal-a-vote territory.  Are they allowed to steal each others?  Or does it have to be someone else's?

They have to team up to use the steal-a-vote, and both use it together. So they can't steal each others, they would have to agree on how to use it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hai can hold his head up high (hai) as he watches this back and sees how he handled the blindside.  He was fantastic and took it the best I can remember seeing from a vote-out.  It may have been a bravado act, but he still came across better than he had in many other moments in the game.

Mary Anne rambling about Jenga (I actually did follow her logic), then Jonathan deadpan saying “yes” to Jeff’s question about following what she said, then Mary Anne pumping her fist in glee that her logic made sense to *someone* — I got a huge kick out of that entire thing.  

Yep, I lost PrimeTimer at the same time as others did.  Made me realize  even more how much I enjoy the Live Chat with y’all during Survivor!

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 18

I agree with the thought of Lindsay and Drea attempting to take each other out.  However, I sorta didn’t agree with the former disclosing the info to one too many people

• Love 4

Romeo is also very close, if not there, into why not keep him around as my ally territory as no one will vote for him to win. The two perspectives go hand in hand.  Interesting to see how it falls here. 

• Love 9

I didn’t necessarily want Hai to win, but at this point I literally don’t care who does.   I guess if I had to pick it would be Jonathan simply because of his prowess in the challenges and his generally low key social game.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
14 minutes ago, pennben said:

Romeo is also very close, if not there, into why not keep him around as my ally territory as no one will vote for him to win. The two perspectives go hand in hand.  Interesting to see how it falls here. 

Exactly. He's a goat. The person who drags along because nobody likes and/or respects their game. He's kinda irrelevant at this stage.

Omar is in serious danger of outplaying himself. He sets it all up on Hai and then says "Nah. Too easy! Let's do Jonathan!"  You don't change a vote just out of boredom or to impress yourself. He better realize it won't be good for him if he gets caught orchestrating Jonathan's, aka his number one ally's, demise.   

I thought it was very clever stroking Mike's enormous ego, though. That was a super good read.

Lindsay still looks like a younger Edie Falco to me.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 15

Romeo winning would result in me dying.  I'd laugh at how it got to that point to where I'd overdo it.  Mike? Meh.  Probably not Top Three in the 3 phases of Survivor, while Lindsay, barring a monster run, would pull an upset since I don't know who she'd take that would lose to her outright.  Nothing negative or positive, just a glorified meh.

Based on everything, I'd root for a Romeo, Mike, and Lindsay final since it's a triple threat of "How did this happen?!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’m really impressed at how well Lindsey is doing in the challenges. She has been winning or is close to winning every challenge.

Hai was very gracious about being voted out.

Good for Maryanne for finding an idol!  And even better she’s going to keep quiet about it!

Oh, Mike. You have no idea who is pulling your strings.  I like Omar but he’s starting to get cocky. 

• Love 17

Random thoughts on episode 10 "Bai":

• One of the classiest exits in the history of the game (and chalk up yet another Omar instigated vote)
  • One of the coolest loved ones segments (and I normally loathe them)
  • One of the most telegraphed boots in a long time (and it included a super-anvilicious back story video)

There are very few chances left to play all of the Advantages left in the game, so we're going to end up with a TC where everyone is immune.  Thanks, Peachy.

• Love 8

Wonder how Lindsay felt tonight when she found out she had actually touched a hidden immunity idol, then walked away from it….  😆

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

My favorite TC exchange:

59 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

And Maryanne's fist pump! Like, yes, someone understood me!

yes-sweet.gif.91b571b413ccfca009b8168bba84875a.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Now I'm really mad we don't have Ponderosa this season.

Dammit Chanelle, you tease!

(edited)

Whoever edited this episode should probably be relieved of duty for a week or two as they gave NONE of what we should have seen:

They focus on the fallout of the first Tribal and not the second one where all the fireworks went down. Then the tribes remerge and we don't get to see Johnathan confronting the other team as to what happened to the Men's alliance being formed and discarded or be given a reason why Romeo was kept. Also we don't get to see Drea's reaction when she learns the real reason Rox went home. That might have been a balm. They really dropped the ball on this one and the cherry on top was showing  Hai's backstory cementing that he was going home.

With that said three cheers for Justice for Jenny! She was my early favorite and Hai destroyed her game and I"ve been waiting for him to get his. Don't believe that happy BS he was churning out getting his torch snuffed. I think that was the fakiest fake that ever faked.

Okay others may not agree but next week Omar has to go. When one person starts basically controlling the game and votes rendering the others as little more than glorified  pawns then that takes the entertainment down too many notches. If I wanted to see that I could just go rewatch a Boston Rob season.

So glad Johnathan, Maryanne, Lindsey and even Mike who I dont' really like anymore have made it this far into the game...some of the best casting choices in many a year.

Never moved by loved ones visits or videos...folks....you just saw these people only a few weeks ago. To this group's credit they didn't go over the top  in their reactions.

Speaking of Mike he must be alternatly embarrassed/angry at getting to be made to look like a big dummy by Omar's lies.

Romeo fades into the woodwork at least until they need and easy boot.

Rox and Tori trapped in Ponderosa Purgatory together amuses me.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 14

Nashville, love a good Napoleon Dynamite reference any time.  That one was perfect!

2 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Who was that other Johnathan vote?

Good old, left out Romeo

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

They quickly moved on from last weeks Tribal Council. They knew they had a great episode to air in real time but they also knew they weren’t gonna any of the aftermath. Frankly, I was shocked. I don’t know why but I assumed they would because it was the first time for the tribe to be altogether. Anyhoo, move along. Nothing to see here and off to a reward challenge. Pretty crazy!

• Love 5

Congratulations to Lindsay for winning both the reward and immunity challenge this week. This is the first time I actually saw her play the game and show her strategy all season. 

Never cared for Hai. It's his fault Jenny's game ended. It was obvious he was going when he was giving his backstory. 

Glad to see Maryanne found an idol. I do hope she keeps it a secret.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Hey guys. Want to see my monkey run?

And it was the best monkey run by a non-monkey I've ever seen. 😄  

I'm so bummed about Ponderosa,  I want to see how everyone is welcomed (or not so welcomed).  I want to see them see themselves in the mirror for the first time because, damn, these folks are really wasting away.  Couldn't they at least let the castaways do video diaries and some group clips?  I like to see who they are when they are fed and relaxed.  

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Steph Sometimes said:

That was so random. There must have been a before conversation cut out, right? It looks like Omar is getting a winners edit but it’s almost too obvious. It’s like he’s getting the opposite of Erika’s edit. I’m not mad at it but I never guessed a winner right and I’ve been watching since Day 1. Also, the ocean looked angry and the immunity challenge. I wonder when this was filmed? Was it due to some hurricane or cyclone issues? It’s crazy how rough it is since they’ve filmed there for several years now in Fiji and I’ve never seen it this bad and miserable. 

5 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I'm so bummed about Ponderosa,  I want to see how everyone is welcomed (or not so welcomed).  I want to see them see themselves in the mirror for the first time because, damn, these folks are really wasting away.  Couldn't they at least let the castaways do video diaries and some group clips?  I like to see who they are when they are fed and relaxed.  

What exactly is the 411 on no Ponderosa this season? Was it due to COVID? 

• Love 3

Well, let's see if I can make it through without going on vacation again.  I'll be safe and to the point.

.  Maryann found an idol.  I hope she tells everyone and she gets voted out!

.  I'm rooting for Lindsey to win it all.  I'll be ok with Mike, Omar, Jonathon or Romeo winning though.

.  Omar better be careful with his strategy.  He's playing multiple sides here and his play might blow up in his face.

.  It was nice to see a reward not get too mushy when Mike, Lindsey and Omar were looking at their family videos.

.  Drea has advantages.  They should target her next.

.  I didn't agree with last week's TC, but I do think it was a good move that they didn't show the aftermath from the second TC.

.  Go Lindsey!!

🙃

• Love 4
3 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Whoever edited this episode should probably be relieved of duty for a week or two as they gave NONE of what we should have seen:

They focus on the fallout of the first Tribal and not the second one where all the fireworks went down. Then the tribes remerge and we don't get to see Johnathan confronting the other team as to what happened to the Men's alliance being formed and discarded or be given a reason why Romeo was kept. Also we don't get to see Drea's reaction when she learns the real reason Rox went home. That might have been a balm. They really dropped the ball on this one and the cherry on top was showing  Hai's backstory cementing that he was going home.

I know! They started the show & I kept waiting for some mention of the last TC, but nope, not a word. If you're going to have "a very special episode" then you need to have a follow up.

• Love 7

Just posted over on the mothership: Primetimer's Joe Reid weighs in on Omar's big night. Here's a taste...

The king of Survivor 42 is dead! Long live the king! That's basically how it went down this week, with the rather surprising elimination of Hai, who seemed to be situated incredibly well at the final eight, having just pulled off a rather confident flex in getting Rocksroy voted off. But Hai, as has happened to many Survivor players through the years, grew too strategically powerful at the absolute worst stage of the game, and too many people noticed. But with Hai's downfall comes the ascendance of a new strategic mastermind, one who's been operating just far enough below the surface to evade detection, but whose moves this week made for a rather spectacular strategical fireworks display. We have entered the Age of Omar on Survivor 42, and here's hoping it doesn't ever end.

More here:
https://www.primetimer.com/features/survivor-42-welcome-to-the-omar-show

• Love 2
8 hours ago, North of Eden said:

YES!  Plus I never for a nanosecond believed anyone other than Hai was going to be voted out, based on the editing.  Zero suspense.

They focus on the fallout of the first Tribal and not the second one where all the fireworks went down

What's with that?  I was looking forward to the aftermath.  Bad editors!

6 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

There is not enough brain bleach in the world to unsee that.  Was that the editors' attempt to make Jonathan lovable again following the blowup last week?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

With that said three cheers for Justice for Jenny! She was my early favorite and Hai destroyed her game and I"ve been waiting for him to get his. Don't believe that happy BS he was churning out getting his torch snuffed. I think that was the fakiest fake that ever faked.

Justice for Jenny! It was a long time coming, but it was sweet.

Bitter bitchy Hai going all Miss Congeniality as he left was also sweet!

But otherwise, such a dull ep. I kept waiting for it to start and then it was over. Omar has been far too pleased with himself for a good number of episodes now. I'm glad Maryanne found the idol and not Lindsay, who is also now too pleased with herself! I have so few left to root for so am throwing all my hopes on Mike and the unlikely survival of Jonathan... I wish they'd shown a lot more of Drea and Maryanne.

But Hai being out really is a highlight!

• Love 4

Not to mention, they didn't show one of the biggest features of the reward challenge, the warm and cozy beds that Jeff kept rambling on and on about.  It would have been nice to at least see said beds, blankets and pillows, or a shot of the three waking up from a good night's sleep the next morning.  Instead, we go straight from pizza and strategizing to life back at camp, with no mention of the warm, dry beds that they enjoyed!

• Love 17
(edited)
49 minutes ago, cowgirlwen said:

Not to mention, they didn't show one of the biggest features of the reward challenge, the warm and cozy beds that Jeff kept rambling on and on about.  It would have been nice to at least see said beds, blankets and pillows, or a shot of the three waking up from a good night's sleep the next morning.  Instead, we go straight from pizza and strategizing to life back at camp, with no mention of the warm, dry beds that they enjoyed!

I remember Jeff saying they’d have blankets and pillows, but don’t remember him mentioning beds. It seemed odd to me at the time but maybe they really didn’t have beds?

edit: I just rewatched the reward challenge. Jeff says blankets, pillows, and shelter from the rain. No mention of beds. So I guess they did sleep on the floor of that hut.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, vb68 said:

Exactly. He's a goat. The person who drags along because nobody likes and/or respects their game. He's kinda irrelevant at this stage.

Omar is in serious danger of outplaying himself. He sets it all up on Hai and then says "Nah. Too easy! Let's do Jonathan!"  You don't change a vote just out of boredom or to impress yourself. He better realize it won't be good for him if he gets caught orchestrating Jonathan's, aka his number one ally's, demise.   

I thought it was very clever stroking Mike's enormous ego, though. That was a super good read.

Lindsay still looks like a younger Edie Falco to me.

I really like Lindsay!! Omars lie while brilliant and playing to mikes ego, was clever but made me cringe. I guess were not having family visits which is a relief. While everyone things jonathon is a blockhead, he saw thru Hais stupid lie- thank goodness for that. I hate that jonathon will be voted out , he won so many challenges for hos team but I do ubderstand its time. Still confused by the amulets and suspicious when someone just “ finds” an idol. But it was nice to see an idol with no stupid twists. Oh how i wish for a season with no idols or advnatages!!

• Love 2

Very boring ep but there were some good lines like 'Bye Hai!' and Mike's 'We're gonna cut the snake off this head.' I lost it at that one lol.

I also liked seeing more of Lindsey. I think I'm officially rooting for her now. Her and Maryanne are really the only 2 I'm truly rooting for.

Which, speaking of Maryanne, yay for her finding the rehidden idol!

Oh, I also got a kick out of Omar's terrible Mike impersonation. And out of Hai's super fake 'Well played guys! I'm totally fine with all of this!' exit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Can Omar really pull this off for the rest of the way? It feels like he's peaking too soon to be able to land the plane, so to speak. 

I honestly feel a little bit bad for Romeo at this point. He looks miserable, he's got absolutely zero going for him, he hasn't been even close in an immunity challenge. He is an accessory.

Love Lindsay, and Maryanne's reaction to Jonathan's deadpan "yes" was my favorite part of the hour. (That entire interaction was hilarious.)

• Love 9
(edited)

Miscellaneous thoughts:

Lindsay for some reason seemed particularly fetching this episode. Maybe it's the sweet double victory gave her a little something extra. It was a smart move bringing Omar and Mike. I think she probably did dodge any bitterness from the people she didn't take. And if she gets to the finale and Mike is on the jury, she very likely got herself his vote which she probably wouldn't have before. Through a combination of being generally likeable and having not too much blood on her hands and now having an immunity and a challenge win, already and a potential Big Move in using the Steal-a-Vote if she wants to work with Drea, or a full on Hidden Immunity Idol if she gets Drea out, and that is a potentially winning resume.

Hai didn't want to be part of the Misogynists Club, and he got his wish. Enjoy all the finest tofu steaks at Ponderosa. 

Speaking of the Misogynists Club, if the remaining women play their cards right, the men are screwed. Maryanne, Drea and Lindsay between them have: 1 hidden immunity idol, two extra votes, a steal a vote, and a Knowledge Is Power advantage. There is presumably a limited window in which any of these can be played. The men have a 4-3 advantage, but that can be easily overcome. Romeo is completely on the outs and so is just as likely to vote with anyone a friendly voice suggests than against any of the women. If Maryanne and Lindsay pretend-ally with Omar and Jonathan, they can likely get Mike out, or backstab one of Omar and Jonathan without using their advantages. Mike is a potential easy blindside, or Drea can take away his Idol with the knowledge is power advantage. It would please me if Rocksroy was the prophet in the wilderness. Then again, the women have reason to attack each other. Drea could use the knowledge is power advantage to take the other remaining advantage necklace from Lindsay and then vote her out. If so, I guess that would make each a full on hidden immunity idol? That would be crazy. 

Huh. No one seemingly had a problem voting out a person of color for fear of being accused of racism. Or maybe they edited that part out.

I wish we had some more of the tribe's logic in not voting Jonathan while he's vulnerable, then getting Hai out next week since his vegan ass has seemed no threat to win individual immunity and since people could easily be rallied to get him gone. Perhaps it was the tribe's fear of voting a White person out for fear of being seen as racist. [obvious sarcasm is obvious.]

It's funny because Mike is playing such a hypocritical game and I don't think he even realizes it. Despite his "I'm a man of my word" stance, he has betrayed alliance-mates in back to back Tribal Councils in Rocksroy and Hai. Omar is pretty lucky that Mike is so thin-skinned and so poor with his social game. If Mike hadn't been so insistent that Hai needed to go now, now now, or if Mike had had a confrontation straight up in which he was like "Omar said you told him I'm your puppet, bro, I'm nobody's puppet." and Hai would have probably exposed Omar and put him in jeopardy.

I wonder when people are going to wake up to Omar as a threat. He's well connected with everyone and is one of the rare cases where somebody's able to pull strings without calling attention to themselves. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know why Probst thought Jonathan wouldn’t follow Maryanne’s Jenga analogy. I thought it made perfect sense. 

Some people haven't played or heard of Jenga so the analogy might be lost on them.

It's also probably easier to follow her rapid-fire delivery as a well-fed and well-rested person at home than it is in the moment as a Survivor contestant. 

Probst might have wanted to show that Jonathan was more than a big dumb jock. 

Or he might have expected that Jonathan knew but hoped for Jonathan to be more in the "I wish Maryanne would stop it with her babbling" mood for a response.

• Love 3
(edited)

Omar is evil, but in a fun, adorable way. He's a Mwah Ha Ha! villain. He needs a curly mustache to twirl when he's doing his confessionals.

I think it was a mistake not to vote out Jonathan when they had the chance. Everyone seems willing to vote out either Jonathan or Hai at any time and Jonathan is more likely to go on an immunity run (Hai has done well in the challenges, but Jonathan has a wider range of physical skills, it seems). OTOH, Hai is more likely to turn things around for himself strategically than Jonathan is, so maybe it's a wash. I don't know. This is the downside for me of having a generally likeable cast; I'm a little disappointed no matter who goes. I thought Hai's gracious exit was genuine; it reminded me of Jay's exit in MvGenX. He wasn't mad about being blindsided either and went out thanking everyone for the great time.

3 hours ago, hendersonrocks said:

I honestly feel a little bit bad for Romeo at this point. He looks miserable, he's got absolutely zero going for him, he hasn't been even close in an immunity challenge. He is an accessory.

I feel bad for him too. He was playing a good game until the merge. Then he somehow how got left out of the giant alliance that was doomed to fail within days -- and it did fail -- but by that time he was totally out of the loop. I think he'll get carried to the end or near the end, and more days = more prize money, so there's that, but as you said he looks miserable.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 8

Well, that's too bad, I kind of liked Hai. But the editing made it pretty obvious he was going home tonight by inserting that mini bio. Clearly the show was holding onto that for a particular episode.

Now I don't know who to root for. I liked Jonathan up until last week. I've never warmed up to Maryanne, she's just a little too precious for me. Hate Mike, the big dummy, and just meh on Romeo, Lindsay and Drea. So . . . go Omar? I guess? He's OK but when they start cackling about how they're running the show it's really an unattractive look.

We're down to seven people and there are five advantages/idols in play. That's . . . ridiculous. It really pissed me off Maryanne got another idol immediately after playing one. With all these different idols and advantages, I think once they're played, they should be out of the game. For good. It might also be a good idea if they made it a rule that once you played a hidden immunity idol you couldn't play one again. Anything to cut down on all these gimmicks. They're all designed to fuck with the players and it ruins their strategy.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Lindsay for some reason seemed particularly fetching this episode. Maybe it's the sweet double victory gave her a little something extra.

I've always found Lindsay quite fetching, but it's nice to see her come to the fore a bit more. I loved her little "urk" face when they were first getting set in the ball balancing challenge. And I mentioned her responses to Jeff at the reward challenge before, but just the fact that she was able to give vocal, enthusiastic replies when everyone else was shivering and wanting to gtfo of there shows a certain attitude and spirit that I appreciate. Even when she's expressing her irritation with Jonathan, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of meanness there.

In short, I'm a fan 🥰

8 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

We're down to seven people and there are five advantages/idols in play. That's . . . ridiculous. 

Six advantages/idols:

1. Mike Immunity Idol

2. Maryanne Immunity Idol

3. Maryanne Extra Vote

4. Drea Extra Vote

5. Drea Knowledge is Power

6. Drea/Lindsay advantage necklaces (currently a steal-a-vote if used together, but another hidden immunity idol if either Drea or Lindsay gets voted off)

• Love 2

If I were Hai, I would have been singing "I get to sleep in a warm bed, I get to sleep in a warm bed, ..." all the way to Ponderosa.  

I can't imagine how horrible it would be to be that cold and wet for so long.  

10 hours ago, eskimo said:

Is there nothing physical that Jonathan doesn't excel at?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

The monkey run was a real WTF moment, although there's probably a lot of that kind of thing given that they mostly have nothing to do and nothing to entertain them.

Also WTF: Lindsay asking Hai if he wanted to vote out Jonathan when Jonathan was sitting RIGHT THERE.

Edited by fishcakes
Lindsay ≠ Lydia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Omar is getting too drunk with power....kinda hope Jonathan wins all the rest of the immunity challenges given how many chances they had to send evict him. I like Mike, but cringe when he talks to the camera because it's so opposite of what we're seeing.

• Love 8

Omar is in serious risk of overplaying. The lie to Mike worked but could have blown up--if Mike had decided to blow up at Hai. It could still if Omar is in the final and Mike decides to vote for someone else (assuming Mike goes out) because Hai tells him the truth. I thought Omar could have gotten the same result with a more subtle approach. Mike was already annoyed with Hai. . . mention how I'd like to work with you but it seems like you are super tight with Hai. . . Hai sure is playing hard. . . 

I'm not sure that it impacted what happened but what a dumb lie by Hai. Why would he expect Jonathan to believe he would play an idol for him? and not to take out the leader of the anti-Jonathan effort but to get Romeo? If he really was going to make that big move play, you would organize a big blindside of whoever you convince J is running the show. It was so obviously a lie. Don't bother lying if you don't have something better than that.

• Love 4

What's the over/under on Maryanne actually keeping her mouth shut about her second immunity idol?

Omar needs to cool his jets.  He masterfully played Mike and turned him around to working against his prior ally.  Good on Omar for recognizing exactly how to manipulate Mike to the best effect, then actually putting that into practice and keeping up with stroking him along.  But Omar needs to learn to quit when he's ahead, and refrain from monologueing and mustache twirling, and let his plan unfold.  He's perilously close to letting his ego take over, and he's going to expose himself with his self-congratulations and then the tide will turn.

Seriously, where are all these extra clothes coming from?  Is there a hidden Survivor closet out there in the jungle that some of them have found to supplement their wardrobes?  First it was Omar who somehow acquired an orange buttondown and plain orange t-shirt in addition to his ridiculous emu t-shirt.  Last night it was Jonathon with his floral tank top and pink overshirt.  Yet some of the others continue to look really grubby.

At the start of the reward challenge, when they're all standing there in the roiling waves, I cracked up to see Jonathon standing there, rock solid, like Aquaman with the water barely brushing his waist.  Then the camera pans over to Hai or Romeo, and you see them trying to stand firm but getting buffeted about by the waves lapping at their shoulders and threatening to overwhelm them.  I was literally about to scream at the screen "Jeff!  You'd better let them go or you're going to have to call out rescue swimmers!" when Jeff did indeed let them go.  I was sure Jonathon was going to win that one.  I almost wonder if he stepped back on purpose and kept missing getting the sandbag on the platform in order to let someone else win to try to chip a little off that target on his back.  If that was the case, that was a smart move on his part.  Especially since this was one of those "pick a couple of companions to join you" rewards that can backfire so spectacularly.  I cracked up, though, when Lindsey was surveying the field, how everyone except Mike, were trying their best to look as cold and as miserable as possible to influence her choice.  Yet she chose Mike, who was stoically clinging to the illusion that he was a manly man who will never let you see him shiver.  Ironically, that choice worked out better for Omar than for Lindsey or Mike.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.  "Hey guys!  Wanna see my monkey run?"

• Love 2