Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The Day of the Wedding

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I wanted to smack Randall when he was prying into Miguel’s health. Completely understand the impulse to look at Rebecca’s medications to see what’s going on with her, but he should not have looked at any of Miguel’s, and at the very least he should have kept his big mouth shut and minded his own business.

Although I didn't like Randall's behavior in this ep, I don't think he was intentionally snooping into Miguel's meds. He picked up the bottle thinking it was Rebecca's. He wanted to know what meds she's taking because of her lapse in that particular moment, and we know he wants to be involved in her treatment. If I were him I would have spoken to Miguel privately, like while Rebecca was getting her hair done, rather than pick up one bottle in a group of a dozen or so. He happened to pick up Miguel's. Anyway, like I said, I don't like how he handled himself, but he didn't pick up that bottle knowing it was Miguel's.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, BluBarbi98 said:

The Family Picture/The Missing Pearsons: I understand that there are multiple pictures taken at weddings but since this was the only one we saw, it was very glaring that Randall's children weren't there. Especially when you recall how close Kate and Kevin were to Tess & Annie in the earlier seasons. I agree with whoever said that they could have aged up Deja and put in 2 extras as the other daughters. And the fact that we saw Jack at the reception but Kate's children weren't in the picture was odd too. I don't know who looked at this and thought, "Yep! That looks good".

I don't recall Kate spending any individual time with Randall's daughters. Kevin, yes, Kate no. 

As for the pictures, even though we didn't see Randall's daughters they were mentioned as being there. Was it really necessary to actually see them? The picture we saw was probably one of many taken that day. The shot we saw was to emphasize Rebecca's confusion regarding Jack/Kevin. The editor of this episode probably chose this one as being the best actor-wise. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Aloeonatable said:

I don't recall Kate spending any individual time with Randall's daughters. Kevin, yes, Kate no. 

Tess and Kate have a good relationship.  Kate was there when Tess got her first period and Tess felt comfortable enough to confide in Kate about her sexuality. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Although I didn't like Randall's behavior in this ep, I don't think he was intentionally snooping into Miguel's meds. He picked up the bottle thinking it was Rebecca's. He wanted to know what meds she's taking because of her lapse in that particular moment, and we know he wants to be involved in her treatment. If I were him I would have spoken to Miguel privately, like while Rebecca was getting her hair done, rather than pick up one bottle in a group of a dozen or so. He happened to pick up Miguel's. Anyway, like I said, I don't like how he handled himself, but he didn't pick up that bottle knowing it was Miguel's.

True, but as soon as he saw it was Miguel’s he should have told himself “none of my business”, put it back down, and never said a word to Miguel about it. It was a big overstep.

• Love 9

IIRC, Randall was warned by Miguel that morning that it had been a tough month and the travel to the wedding hadn’t helped.  Then Kevin told him it was fine when she called Kevin Jack.  

I attended a wedding that was late morning/early afternoon with a dinner reception and the only suggestions they gave for the afternoon were hiking trails.  I remember being befuddled that guests were supposed to get dressed up, then change and go hiking, then get cleaned up and change again.  We were local so just did other stuff during the down time. It was fun, but a long day.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Tess and Kate have a good relationship.  Kate was there when Tess got her first period and Tess felt comfortable enough to confide in Kate about her sexuality. 

Totally forgot those scenes

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I attended a wedding that was late morning/early afternoon with a dinner reception and the only suggestions they gave for the afternoon were hiking trails.  I remember being befuddled that guests were supposed to get dressed up, then change and go hiking, then get cleaned up and change again.  We were local so just did other stuff during the down time. It was fun, but a long day.

I went to many a Catholic wedding where the ceremony was at 11 and the reception was in the evening.   It's a very common arrangement due to the multiple duties of priests on Saturdays. They have to fit in weddings before weekly confession and the Saturday evening Mass.  A 12 hour day for the wedding party was par for the course, while guests relaxed and drank.  The guests at Kate and Philip's wedding had a whole day to enjoy the winery before the ceremony. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I am Catholic and every wedding I’ve attended before and since still had the reception right afterwards.  We married at 3.  Our priest stopped by our reception to grab a quick bite, but then left for Saturday 5:30 mass.  Morning weddings had brunch right afterwards.  Interesting how different areas have different customs.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Although I didn't like Randall's behavior in this ep, I don't think he was intentionally snooping into Miguel's meds. He picked up the bottle thinking it was Rebecca's. He wanted to know what meds she's taking because of her lapse in that particular moment, and we know he wants to be involved in her treatment.

Randall had no business snooping into anyone's meds, including Rebecca's. He's neither her caregiver nor a medical professional, so there's nothing useful he could have done do with the knowledge of which meds Rebecca was taking.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't doubt that Kate, Kevin, and Miguel have kept Randall in the loop about Rebecca, but informing Randall is not the same as Randall understanding.   Randall believes he knows best and he does not trust his siblings or Miguel.  He went straight to the prescription bottles to verify what Rebecca is taking.

This hits close to home. I’m my mother’s caregiver and keep the distant sibs in the loop via group messaging. But every single time, my oldest sister has to ask a million questions. The others just say thanks for letting us know, but big sis goes on and on with her questions. Half the time I ignore them. Randall is just like my oldest sister - has to know everything, be in charge of everything. It’s exhausting.

Weddings used to have several hours between the ceremony and reception to allow for all the photos because the groom wasn’t allowed to see the bride before. But now many couples do the photos first and then half the wedding and reception close together. I mean, a lot of wedding traditions are stupid as hell and based on patriarchal nonsense anyway.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Shermie said:

Weddings used to have several hours between the ceremony and reception to allow for all the photos because the groom wasn’t allowed to see the bride before. But now many couples do the photos first and then half the wedding and reception close together. I mean, a lot of wedding traditions are stupid as hell and based on patriarchal nonsense anyway.

My friend had a few hours gap so there was time for pictures, plus the reception venue was like 45 minutes away from the church (thankfully I was a bridesmaid and therefore didn't have to worry about transportation). If I ever get married it's all happening in the same place.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Randall is not able to distinguish between being concerned and being controlling. I know people like that they mean well but they can be exhausting AF.

This describes Randall to a T.  He is never going to believe anyone is doing a good a job as he would.   I bet Beth has had lots of fun raising children with him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

True, but as soon as he saw it was Miguel’s he should have told himself “none of my business”, put it back down, and never said a word to Miguel about it. It was a big overstep.

I would tend to agree about this just because Randall is the only one of Rebecca's children who lives on the other side of the country, BUT if Miguel hasn't told at least Kate (whom Rebecca chose as her secondary HCPOA) about any serious health issues he now has, that is a big problem. Miguel tells Randall that the tremor is a side effect of his BP meds and perhaps that is the case, but if it's actually something more serious that he's hiding, it's important for Kate and Kevin to know because they'd need to have closer eyes on Miguel as Rebecca's primary caregiver. Maybe just a simple text check-in with Miguel each morning to make sure that he's physically able to care for Rebecca on that particular day, and/or a wi-fi camera that can be remotely monitored in one or more of the higher traffic areas of their home, such as the kitchen or a reading/TV area where they'd normally be. 

Miguel's health IS an important thing for Rebecca's kids to be aware of, especially since from what we have been shown, his own kids don't seem to be involved. Perhaps we'll learn differently in the upcoming "Miguel" episode. Either way, Randall should not have accosted Miguel about it at the wedding. Even with a matter this serious, there's a time and a place and reading the room certainly wasn't Randall's strong suit that day.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I went to many a Catholic wedding where the ceremony was at 11 and the reception was in the evening.   It's a very common arrangement due to the multiple duties of priests on Saturdays. They have to fit in weddings before weekly confession and the Saturday evening Mass.  A 12 hour day for the wedding party was par for the course, while guests relaxed and drank.  The guests at Kate and Philip's wedding had a whole day to enjoy the winery before the ceremony. 

Yes! I went a wedding in 06, Catholic Philadelphia wedding, and the wedding was late morning, the reception around 7. Everybody drank in between. Dinner was held up and it was a mess. Guests puking over the balcony. 

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

My guess is that when Randall picked up the bottle, thinking it was Rebecca's, he first looked at what the medication was, then he noticed it was Miguel's. To me, that's an honest mistake. His bringing up the tremors and noticing the blood pressure meds was Randall expressing concern. It's not like he was talking to a total stranger. He cares about Miguel.

2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Randall had no business snooping into anyone's meds, including Rebecca's. He's neither her caregiver nor a medical professional, so there's nothing useful he could have done do with the knowledge of which meds Rebecca was taking.

Yes, it's in Randall's character to want to know as much as possible about things so that he can find a solution. It can be annoying and intrusive, but I don't think he has no business wanting to know what meds she's taking. I knew what my mom was taking when she had Alzheimer's, but I wasn't her caregiver. 

It's funny that this is one ep where my tolerance for Randall kind of broke, and yet here I am defending him. Maybe that's because dramatically I liked how Randall was out of the loop re Rebecca's latest developments, so his mind was in a different place, leading to his being completely oblivious to Miguel's needs and state of mind.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BluBarbi98 said:

ETA: I agree that Beth keeps in touch with Toby

I also completely agree with this.  I can see Beth having a text chain with Toby, Madison, and Miguel.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Maybe just a simple text check-in with Miguel each morning to make sure that he's physically able to care for Rebecca on that particular day, and/or a wi-fi camera that can be remotely monitored in one or more of the higher traffic areas of their home, such as the kitchen or a reading/TV area where they'd normally be. 

If I were Miguel and the Big 3 tried that, I'd tell all three of them to stick it.  Kevin, Kate, and Randall love Rebecca, but they are not in charge of Rebecca.  Miguel is not a child, and he doesn't owe those kids any information about their mother unless Rebecca has dictated it.  I'm aware that she has dementia, but this is a screaming boundary issue to "let's have a text chain or a camera so we can check on you as a grown adult and decide what to do here." Kate only has that right if Miguel is unable to decide for Rebecca.

As an adult child who is dealing with a parental chronic illness in my own family, we children know that we are part of the conversation at the pleasure of my parents.  We don't run the show, and the same is true of the Big 3, in my opinion.  I don't even LIKE Miguel most of the time, and I'd consider this a horrible invasion of his privacy and disrespectful to Rebecca.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I would tend to agree about this just because Randall is the only one of Rebecca's children who lives on the other side of the country, BUT if Miguel hasn't told at least Kate (whom Rebecca chose as her secondary HCPOA) about any serious health issues he now has, that is a big problem. Miguel tells Randall that the tremor is a side effect of his BP meds and perhaps that is the case, but if it's actually something more serious that he's hiding, it's important for Kate and Kevin to know because they'd need to have closer eyes on Miguel as Rebecca's primary caregiver. Maybe just a simple text check-in with Miguel each morning to make sure that he's physically able to care for Rebecca on that particular day, and/or a wi-fi camera that can be remotely monitored in one or more of the higher traffic areas of their home, such as the kitchen or a reading/TV area where they'd normally be. 

Miguel's health IS an important thing for Rebecca's kids to be aware of, especially since from what we have been shown, his own kids don't seem to be involved. Perhaps we'll learn differently in the upcoming "Miguel" episode. Either way, Randall should not have accosted Miguel about it at the wedding. Even with a matter this serious, there's a time and a place and reading the room certainly wasn't Randall's strong suit that day.

Reading the room is never Randall's strong suit, or any of the Pearsons really.

• Love 7

I laughed when they tried to act like Philip was so perfect just sitting back knowing his place while the big 3 discussed the grown up matters. Just the writers trying to force again how Kate and Philip are meant to be and perfect. Bleh bunch of forced crap that ruined the show.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I also completely agree with this.  I can see Beth having a text chain with Toby, Madison, and Miguel.

I remember an early episode where Beth, Toby & Miguel were drinking in a bar & talking about 'not being a Pearson" & they said they had a text chain between them

• Love 7
22 hours ago, BluBarbi98 said:

We know that Randall adores Rebecca and would never intentionally upset her so the writers could have still had this scene with everyone being uncomfortable with Rebecca mistaking Kevin for Jack without making Randall the villain in the process.

The same Randall who emotionally blackmailed her into agreeing to an experimental treatment she didn't want? Randall would have done exactly what Randall wanted to do, especially if Kevin just told him to do it without him having seen Rebecca's decline for himself.

• Love 15

This is a dumb thing to take away from the episode, but every time they showed Madison, I kept thinking, "that's how she did her hair for a wedding?" A middle part, low ponytail? Lol. No hate on the ponytail itself, but maybe at least add some volume to the top and hike it up a bit higher? It just looked like she didn't finish getting ready.

Also, the show used to have a storyline about Jack and his alcohol abuse. If I remember correctly, it was pretty serious -- including him drinking on the way home from the hospital with the 3 babies when they were born. The past few episode flashbacks which are, what? -- six years later? He is casually enjoying beer and wine on dates with Rebecca. Is this realistic for someone who was an alcoholic? To contrast, it seems Kevin has been in recovery for a long time. I genuinely don't know much about the nuances and timelines of alcohol abuse, so maybe it is realistic to have a problem but then be able to drink again several years later without it being an issue. Anyone have any insight?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MoonMountain said:

This is a dumb thing to take away from the episode, but every time they showed Madison, I kept thinking, "that's how she did her hair for a wedding?" A middle part, low ponytail? Lol. No hate on the ponytail itself, but maybe at least add some volume to the top and hike it up a bit higher? It just looked like she didn't finish getting ready.

Also, the show used to have a storyline about Jack and his alcohol abuse. If I remember correctly, it was pretty serious -- including him drinking on the way home from the hospital with the 3 babies when they were born. The past few episode flashbacks which are, what? -- six years later? He is casually enjoying beer and wine on dates with Rebecca. Is this realistic for someone who was an alcoholic? To contrast, it seems Kevin has been in recovery for a long time. I genuinely don't know much about the nuances and timelines of alcohol abuse, so maybe it is realistic to have a problem but then be able to drink again several years later without it being an issue. Anyone have any insight?

I think that was a prop error,they shouldn't make light of a problem that they showed with him more than once. When he started drinking again, Rebecca didn't want him in the house and Kate as usual was calling her a "princess" and Jack had to tell her he had a problem. ""Katie girl, I have a drinking problem. And my father, he had a drinking problem. And I've kept that hidden from you guys because I didn't want you to know that about me. I really didn't want you to know that about me"

I think showing Rebecca getting drunk was supposed to be funny but with 3 kids at home, I would never want to be smashed going home and meeting the sitter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Alcoholism is a progressive disease; Jack's was still developing while the kids were young. By the time they were eight, Jack already was adding bourbon to his coffee at work, and Rebecca put her foot down about Jack's stopping off at a bar every night on the way home. For the next seven years, it seems, Jack was able to have a beer or two and not keep drinking. As he approached 50 and the kids became adolescents, Jack became a secret drinker: back to the bottle in his desk at work, and now a bottle in the garage. Since he wasn't (yet) drinking to pass out every night, he likely binged on occasions that the show didn't depict and the family tried to excuse -- "work pressure," "a little too much holiday spirit," "needed to blow off some steam..."

But the show did dare to have Jack's alcoholism alienate Kevin and affect his treatment of his father in the last two years of Jack's life. 

• Love 15

They mentioned Beth and Randall’s daughters as being at the wedding, yet not only were they not in the Big Pearson Family Photo, they weren’t even sitting with their parents during the reception. I think I saw a couple of randos sitting with them. If you don’t want to pay to age them then make up some bogus Pearson-esque excuse (they refused to set foot on vineyard grounds to protest the horrific working conditions) to explain why they’re not there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pallas said:

Alcoholism is a progressive disease; Jack's was still developing while the kids were young. When the kids were infants, Rebecca put her foot down about Jack's stopping off at a bar every night on the way home. For the next decade or so, it seemed Jack was able to have a beer or two and not keep drinking. As he approached 50 and the kids became adolescents, Jack became a secret drinker: a bottle in the garage; a bottle in his desk at work. Since he wasn't (yet) drinking to pass out every night, he likely binged on occasions that the show didn't depict and the family tried to excuse: work pressure, a little too much holiday spirit, needed to blow off some steam...

But the show did dare to have Jack's alcoholism alienate Kevin and affect his treatment of his father in the last two years of Jack's life. 

Actually,  the kids were at least 8 when Rebecca confronted Jack about his drinking. It was the next morning when he gave her the moon necklace. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Thank you, you're right. I'll correct. That was just the second episode, and it's the one where Miguel tells Jack, "The thing is, your wife is the gold standard of wives. Great personality. Greater ass. You married way, way above your station. I’d be careful not to give her a reason to notice.”

The "greater ass" remark was realistic enough, but this is also the episode where we learned that in the present, Rebecca is re-married to Miguel (without our knowing that Jack has been dead for two decades). Folks took note.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Maybe the ring Kevin is wearing in flash forward is Jacks.   Kevin has two beautiful healthy children.   That’s more than many us get in life.  
     I don’t really care about Kate and Phillip right now.  We don’t really even know Phillip.   The actor plays the same role in everything I have seen him in.  
     Rebecca song and everyone looking sad mad me ugly cry.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Maybe the ring Kevin is wearing in flash forward is Jacks.   Kevin has two beautiful healthy children.   That’s more than many us get in life.  

As unpopular as this may be, this is how I feel about Rebecca.  Her song did not move me in any significant way.  One of my grandmothers was hard core, no-nonsense Irish.  She had a saying "You have to die of something."

Jack may have annoyed people as all get-out, but the fact is, he died young.  Rebecca got the chance to see their children grow up.

She's had not one but two men marry and adore her.

Given Kare's weight, it's a positive that she hasn't developed a condition that has shortened her life span. I'm actually surprised that Rebecca hasn't lost Kate already.

Kate's Jack isn't dead.  With as premature as he was, that could have very easily happened.

Rebecca has several grandchildren who she seems on good terms with, and she's on good terms with her children.

Some posters are tired of all of the drama with Kevin.  I'm tired of all of the hand-wringing about Rebecca.  She's lived a long life, a full life, and she literally asked one of her children to "build me a house," and Kevin's doing it.

Rebecca could die next week, and I'd be fine with it.  She's not the Second Coming.

• Love 16

I was going to ask for someone to post the lyrics to the song Rebecca sang, but then I said, Do it yourself, ya lazy bum.

FOREVER NOW

They say time will tell 
But I think it likes to keep secrets 
So we’ll wait and see 
But it’s just as well 
The years can be counted in seconds 
And that’s fine with me
‘Cause I get this moment with you 
Forever now 
It all hits me at once 
Forever now 
If there’s a right way to say it, I’m still learning how 
But maybe all that we have 
Is the forever now 
I’ve been looking for words 
For feelings that shouldn’t get spoken 
It’s something I do I’m starting to learn 
Some silences shouldn’t be broken 
Just listened to 
I get this moment with you 
Forever now 
It all hits me at once 
Forever now 
If there’s a right way to say it, I’m still learning how 
All that we have 
Is the forever now

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
On 4/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, peeayebee said:

Yes, it's in Randall's character to want to know as much as possible about things so that he can find a solution. It can be annoying and intrusive, but I don't think he has no business wanting to know what meds she's taking. I knew what my mom was taking when she had Alzheimer's, but I wasn't her caregiver. 

I know what meds both my parents took. If you have to go to the hospital with them, medical professionals will ask. I doubt very much that Rebecca knows what she’s taking at this point in her disease progression and if Miguel isn’t able to answer for her and Randall happens to be with her, it’s good for him (and Kevin, and Kate) to know. They already had to fill in information on her behalf when little Jack got hurt.

12 hours ago, MoonMountain said:

I commented the same thing. The other women had their hair done - Beth had a head of elaborate waves, Kate had an updo, Rebecca had a blowout. Madison looked like she’d just come in from a workout. Her hair was more done when she complained that she’d been spit up on than it was for the wedding.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I know what meds both my parents took. If you have to go to the hospital with them, medical professionals will ask. I doubt very much that Rebecca knows what she’s taking at this point in her disease progression and if Miguel isn’t able to answer for her and Randall happens to be with her, it’s good for him (and Kevin, and Kate) to know. They already had to fill in information on her behalf when little Jack got hurt.

I commented the same thing. The other women had their hair done - Beth had a head of elaborate waves, Kate had an updo, Rebecca had a blowout. Madison looked like she’d just come in from a workout. Her hair was more done when she complained that she’d been spit up on than it was for the wedding.

Agree with Randall actually having a list of his mother's meds in case of Miguel being unavailable.  But Randall coming into a room and picking up bottles of pills like he owns the place, no on that.

Agree with the women's hairstyles and Madison ponytail.

• Love 13

Randall is definitely a US Senator. A state Senator in PA is a part time job and would not be that much of a step up from Philly councilman tbh. It certainly wouldn’t merit an article in The New Yorker or everyone fawning over him 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
On 4/20/2022 at 9:41 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Exactly!  Unless, they are giving Rebecca the good dementia, which doesn’t exist, they should be more real about it.  

On the other hand as someone all too familiar with the truly horrible parts of this disease I really, really, really don't want to watch a show of my beloved fictional characters dealing with the nitty gritty of it.  At all.  This show is mostly fantasy for me and I'm good with it that way. 

• Love 5
On 4/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, ams1001 said:

My grandparents each had a shoebox to hold all their pills when they came to visit (they went on top of the fridge where we couldn't reach them). I think they did have organizers but they brought all the bottles with them anyway. I don't take any meds but I do take vitamins...when I remember...

I have a bucket to hold my pills. It has my bottles in it - it is very smart to keep the pills and the bottle together, you don't want to get charged with felony possession (if you take a controlled substance - and a surprising number of drugs are controlled substances) 

On 4/24/2022 at 6:03 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Agree with Randall actually having a list of his mother's meds in case of Miguel being unavailable.  But Randall coming into a room and picking up bottles of pills like he owns the place, no on that.

Agree with the women's hairstyles and Madison ponytail.

I have an list (excel spreadsheet) with my name, DOB, med name, dosage, frequency, date started, prescriber, reason for prescribing, and medical conditions (including ICD code for the rare ones). My ICE contacts are in my phone, marked as ICE.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, bros402 said:

I have a bucket to hold my pills. It has my bottles in it - it is very smart to keep the pills and the bottle together, you don't want to get charged with felony possession (if you take a controlled substance - and a surprising number of drugs are controlled substances).

I asked my pharmacist to give me a tiny, “travel-size”, empty bottle and put my Rx label on it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 4/24/2022 at 7:25 AM, debraran said:

I think showing Rebecca getting drunk was supposed to be funny but with 3 kids at home, I would never want to be smashed going home and meeting the sitter.

I did it all the time.  

Rebecca's song did nothing for me.  The lyrics are beautiful (thank you, peeayebee!), so I don't know why.  As soon as she began singing, I reached for a kleenex and I was disappointed I didn't need it.  When they were simultaneously showing Rebecca singing in the restaurant, I wondered what song it was, and I really wanted to hear some of that.  

It was odd not seeing the girls there.  The show really cheaped out here, because there's lots of things they could have done.  There was not even an illusion of them being there.  As far as family wedding photos go, Elijah should not be included in any family photos, and yes, ditto Madison.  They are friends, not family.  As far as Elijah being there at all, well Madison is Kate's best friend and as such should never be invited without a plus one.  Not even a plus one, he's her husband, and his name as well should be on the invitation.  

"Half a decade ago."  Oh Madison, Madison, Madison.  You can make it sound like longer all you like, but it's still only five years since you've seen Kevin's junk!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Re the wedding photos:  The one photo we saw was really not enough for all the people in this show.  FWIW in some countries or cultures, such as in France, the tradition is to take a photograph of ALL the people who attended the wedding, like a school graduation photo.  Then there's the bride.  Bride and groom.  Different combinations of family members.  There are usually lots of wedding pictures taken; this show should have shown us a montage of them or something like that.  (Not the actual time it takes to get all the photos taken, that would be boring.)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Trillian said:

I asked my pharmacist to give me a tiny, “travel-size”, empty bottle and put my Rx label on it. 

oooh, that's a good idea - I usually just keep the pill bottle from the previous month

• Useful 1
On 4/21/2022 at 7:44 AM, PepSinger said:

Mandy Moore and Jon Huertas were the MVPs of this episode. They broke my heart.

Randall — way to read the room. Of course he didn’t see how much Miguel just wanted an hour to relax and enjoy wine. It’s consistent to his character, but it doesn’t make it anymore enjoyable to watch. Also, him saying that Kate has an infectious smile made me howl with laughter. The writers have to be fucking with us at this point.

Kate and Phillip had some of the worst vows I’ve ever heard. “You hated me when you first met me.” “Definitely not love at first sight.” Who in the hell says these things in real life as they are about to get married? Totally sucked any sort of romance out of the room. 

Well…my DIL hated my son the first time they met. They went their separate ways for a year or so then crossed paths again as fell in love. They alluded SLIGHTLY to this in their wedding vows but it was more like We fell in love when the time wa right…

• Love 1
On 4/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, 3 is enough said:

Honestly, I am not dying of curiosity to see who Kevin ends up marrying.  I am just glad he isn't alone in the end.  It's funny, because I like Kevin the best of the Big Three, I feel that he always took a back seat to Kate and Randall as far as parental attention went, but I'm just not invested in WHO ends up being his wife.

I have also had enough of Kate and Randall's stories. As far as I am concerned, they have  pretty much been wrapped up. At this point I am only really interested in Miguel and Rebecca's backstory, what happens to him, and Randall's daughters, especially Annie. I am slightly curious to see who is the father of Deja's baby.

Still five episodes to go, so who knows what surprises await us. I do hope I don't have to listen to another of Randall's speeches, but I think I will be disappointed.

I’d like to know if Miguel’s kids still hate him. Seems like he lost them forever and then the Pearson kids were crappy to him for ages on top of it. 

• Love 2
On 4/20/2022 at 8:01 AM, Empress1 said:

This is a really trivial thing but I thought it was … I don’t know, noticeable, that Madison just put her hair in a ponytail for the wedding.

I keep thinking ok she and Beth are hilarious but seriously when is she going to get her hair done?  It wasn’t even a cute clasp or anything it was just a regular hair tie.  Her hair looked more “done” when the twins were spitting up in it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/20/2022 at 4:17 PM, peeayebee said:

I did like Randall saying, "I think you just look like a really pretty boy, Mommy."

My daughter had pretty much no hair until she was almost two and my friends daughter (who was about 7) one time said to her “it’s ok….you’re still beautiful even though your bald”. That’s what Randall’s comment reminded me of, lol. Rebecca’s Princess Di hair wasn’t bad, it just needed a bit of styling.

There are not enough words to describe how much I love Miguel. What a wonderful man and partner he is.  He just wanted to unwind and have some wine.  Let him have that.

Even though they said the wedding festivities were scheduled to give Rebecca some downtime it actually seemed like an extremely long and exhausting day. Timelines on this show are always wonky though so who knows. Kate’s dress was gorgeous.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3

I haven't finished the ep yet but FINALLY! We see Rebecca changed her hair at least one other style between 1968 and 2016. Peter Pan!!! He-man!!! Bwahahahaha! From the mouth of babes!

I did that same drastic chop when my girls were around a year old or so. I wore a turbie twist when my husband came home & he knew something was up. Hahaha. He was about Jack's reaction. You know he's not into it. But can't be too harsh on me. Rebecca needed that change! 

We know almost nothing of how Kate's relationship ignited with Phillip. We've been bombed with that relationship and expected to believe in it. They disliked each other then divorce day they go to bad karaoke?! Nope. Just nope. He takes her warts and all? No. She jumps from Toby to HIM immediately?  No. Both Kate and Toby find everlasting love within a brief time after their split?. No. I am not buying it. Kate and Phillip are unbelievable as a couple. Barely as friends. They crammed this in like eating dinner together as a happy family so quickly like it was a cheap halloween costume like those plastic drugstore bibs with the creepy barbie mask or something.  Horrendous and tacky.  The wedding also nonsense for what it's worth. Such a vineyard wedding ?! Sure!

And I don't care so much Randall's kids needing an explanation for not being shown at the wedding. FWIW they could've panned around the room in the style of the "downtime" of the wedding and shown Randall and Beth sitting at a table with some kids that are somewhat aged up from the back of the head shot to look like the 3 daughters and they're engaged in background convo while some other main characters are chatting OR a general pan-around shot. 

I DO care that Kate's kids were NOT at the wedding at all. I don't recall any allusion to them but I was half paying attention. That was a major noticeable absence for me. Kids are an afterthought so many times in these shows where it's all about the whole life cycle and having and raising kids. Flashback to all the wonferful ways the "big three" were raised and how their parents made their childhood spectacular.  Then, ignoring entire descendants of said family tree. Very weird. I don't need to be up in the kid drama which they've been heavy handed with too in Randall's family but then to have them absent at major events is WEIRD.  Like after Jack was born to Kate & Toby, some of you mentioned "where is that child anyway?" for x amount of episodes. 

Edited by Kdawg82
Finally finished episode.
  • Love 1

RE: Randall talking about Rebecca's alzheimers...

"What if she thinks I'm William?!" 

Ummmm no, Randall. Just no. Nice try, though.🙄

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 1

Loved beth’s one shoulder dress. I’d like to find the designer and model of the dress.  Madison’s hair was so annoying in that plain short and stubby ponytail - it looked like she was ready to run errands at target.

kevin doesn’t seem to be being much of a dad- looks like Elijah is watching them while Kevin is just sleazing his way around. What else is new. Maybe next episode will prove me wrong

• Love 3
On 4/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, mostlylurking said:

I keep thinking ok she and Beth are hilarious but seriously when is she going to get her hair done?  It wasn’t even a cute clasp or anything it was just a regular hair tie.  Her hair looked more “done” when the twins were spitting up in it.

Yessss. Oh good, I am not the only one annoyed by this!

• Love 3